PDA

View Full Version : The OFFICIAL Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 retail Q&A thread (Pre-Release)

CoreySA
03-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Hey guys! I just received my Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 Collector's Edition in the mail today after attending the first Tiger 13 community event. If there is anything you guys want to know about the retail copy or have any questions at all, please post below and I'll do my best to answer them.

gschwendt
03-16-2012, 12:15 PM
How many coins can you earn in a round (Tour Pro, no caddie)?
How many coins does it cost to rent a round?

psuexv
03-16-2012, 12:22 PM
How many coins does it cost to rent a round?

This and how much to buy the course?

Edit - Maybe it was achievements to get the course, either way how many coins or what is/how difficult does the achievement list look to obtain a course?

gschwendt
03-16-2012, 12:23 PM
I realize you were at the community event(s) so you've already played multiple versions but if you can, compare the gameplay in the demo against the retail version.

For example, I know that Handsward said that there's a hitch in the swing in the demo that was fixed in retail... can you tell a noticeable difference? Also, in the demo, I cannot for the life of me hit a "fast" tempo shot unless I go with really short pull-back; is that any different in the retail version?

gschwendt
03-16-2012, 12:24 PM
This and how much to buy the course?I don't think you can buy it with straight coins... you have to rent it and then play to unlock it. I think Handsward said it will take 6 or more rounds to unlock it.

psuexv
03-16-2012, 12:26 PM
I don't think you can buy it with straight coins... you have to rent it and then play to unlock it. I think Handsward said it will take 6 or more rounds to unlock it.

yeah I actually just remembered that and edited my post. It would be interesting to see the achievement lists and does it matter what difficulty you are on

CoreySA
03-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Hey guys. I'll be on around 6pm EST and all of these questions are in my notes. I'll post as soon as I'm on and start answering.

Keep em coming so I have a good list to start of with. Thanks!

bdoughty
03-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Is this the same old Pinehurst #2 or the newer version of the course that was finished last year where all the rough was removed?

http://www.golfvacationinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/pinehurst-no-2-hole13.jpg

JBHuskers
03-16-2012, 06:18 PM
CDJ & I have the game now, and Tommy will have it Monday or Tuesday. We can answer any questions you have as well.

natcret
03-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Burning question: career mode?

CoreySA
03-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Ok, so as for the DLC courses it costs 6000 coins to rent one round and 2 rounds is 9000 coins. 6000 coins costs 128 microsoft points (that's with the 20% season ticket discount). I will post the course mastery list for one of the courses.

Waialae Country Club Course Mastery List

Silver -- (8 objectives)

4 under par round
4 or less hazards in a round
30 career FIR's
40 career GIR's
10 career One Putts
50 career Pars or better
15 career Birdies or better

Gold -- (8 objectives)

6 under par round
Hazard free round
60 career FIR's
80 career GIR's
20 career One Putts
100 career Pars or better
30 career birdies or better
5 career eagles or better

I will update with how many coins you average on each difficulty soon.

psuexv
03-16-2012, 07:45 PM
Yikes, not unattainable but will definitely need work to achieve

CoreySA
03-16-2012, 08:20 PM
Burning question: career mode?

Loading my career up now. One thing I can tell you is that DLC courses are integrated a different way this year. Instead of having them in and it skips if you don't have them, basically it has open tournament slots so if you have a DLC course you can slot it in and if you don't, you can just use a disc course.

CoreySA
03-16-2012, 08:21 PM
yeah I actually just remembered that and edited my post. It would be interesting to see the achievement lists and does it matter what difficulty you are on

As for course mastery it doesn't appear to matter what difficulty you're on. I know harder difficulties earn you more coins though.

CoreySA
03-16-2012, 08:23 PM
I don't think you can buy it with straight coins... you have to rent it and then play to unlock it. I think Handsward said it will take 6 or more rounds to unlock it.

Buying courses outright is not an option presently due to the courses not being available on XBL as of yet. Hopefult they'll put them up soon. I know there will be bundle packs again and you have to buy courses with money and not coins. Coins are used for rounds only to achieve course mastery.

CoreySA
03-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Is this the same old Pinehurst #2 or the newer version of the course that was finished last year where all the rough was removed?

http://www.golfvacationinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/pinehurst-no-2-hole13.jpg

Pine gust appears to be the same as the older versions.

CoreySA
03-16-2012, 09:05 PM
I realize you were at the community event(s) so you've already played multiple versions but if you can, compare the gameplay in the demo against the retail version.

For example, I know that Handsward said that there's a hitch in the swing in the demo that was fixed in retail... can you tell a noticeable difference? Also, in the demo, I cannot for the life of me hit a "fast" tempo shot unless I go with really short pull-back; is that any different in the retail version?

Yeah the swing is A LOT smoother in the retail version. There seems to be no hiccup so far. I am having no issues achieving fast tempos or slow for that matter. Only had one perfect shot as of yet on TOUR Pro

bdoughty
03-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Thanks, I can only hope they get around to it by 2014 (TW 15) when it hosts the US Open. Maybe one of you Game Changers can jot it down on a sticky note for the devs, it honestly should have been updated already. I would rather have updated courses over celebrity golfers.

natcret
03-17-2012, 09:49 AM
+1

JBHuskers
03-17-2012, 01:10 PM
Handsward said that you can achieve a course mastery in as little as 6 rounds.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

gschwendt
03-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Handsward said that you can achieve a course mastery in as little as 6 rounds.

Sent from my DROIDX using TapatalkYeah... it's the 100 pars or better. Takes at least just over 5 1/2 rounds.

skipwondah33
03-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Playing the demo I've found that I am putting (tempo wise) better with the Swing meter being turned off. Not noticing any difference normal swings as I am swinging just fine.

Hope we play with this turned off

psusnoop
03-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Hands, I've played quite a few rounds via the season ticket (probably 20-25 rounds I think) and twice now I've watched my shot either go in the sand trap only to get to my next shot and be outside of the trap or on another occasion I hit and rolled off the green but again the next shot it had me right on the fringe.

My question is this a known issue and if so is it fixed with a patch that is in place or going to be soon or is this something new?

Thanks!