PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Demo Out Today!

JBHuskers
03-06-2012, 08:56 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/tiger13-1.jpg

The wait is now over to get your hands on the new swing mechanic for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13. The demo is currently available for XBOX Live Gold Members, and will be available for the PS3 once the store updates later tonight. Make sure to leave your thoughts on the demo here!

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?546-Tiger-Woods-PGA-TOUR-13-Demo-Out-Today!

NatureBoy
03-06-2012, 08:57 AM
I downloaded the demo this morning and i'm have some trouble with my swing. Everytime I go to swing, it comes up "practice swing". Any idea what i'm doing wrong? Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Edit: I was pressing down on the left stick as I was swinging. :dunce:

psusnoop
03-06-2012, 02:31 PM
I downloaded the demo this morning and i'm have some trouble with my swing. Everytime I go to swing, it comes up "practice swing". Any idea what i'm doing wrong? Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Edit: I was pressing down on the left stick as I was swinging. :dunce:

Lol, I have a feeling there is going to be quite the learning curve here.

JBHuskers
03-06-2012, 02:50 PM
FYI, the demo does not tie into the Country Clubs.

ryby6969
03-06-2012, 02:55 PM
What time is this going to be out on PS3? Like 5 or 6 tonight right?

NatureBoy
03-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Lol, I have a feeling there is going to be quite the learning curve here.You can say that again. The new swing mechanic is going to take some time to get used to for me. Does anyone know if you have the option to use the classic swing instead of the new feature?

JBHuskers
03-06-2012, 03:21 PM
What time is this going to be out on PS3? Like 5 or 6 tonight right?

Whenever the PSN store updates. It's never a set time. There is a chance you can find it though by just doing a search for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 in the search box within the PSN store. There are times that you can access the stuff for the upcoming week before the store fully updates. When I get home in an hour or so I'll try the search myself if the store hasn't updated. Lately the store has been updating late, around the 8PM central range.

JBHuskers
03-06-2012, 03:25 PM
You can say that again. The new swing mechanic is going to take some time to get used to for me. Does anyone know if you have the option to use the classic swing instead of the new feature?

I want to think no because the purpose of a new swing system was to take the exploits out of the old swing system. I could be wrong though.

ryby6969
03-06-2012, 03:38 PM
I tried searching but it was not there yet.

JBHuskers
03-06-2012, 04:19 PM
You can say that again. The new swing mechanic is going to take some time to get used to for me. Does anyone know if you have the option to use the classic swing instead of the new feature?

Just confirmed with a dev that the old swing feature is completely gone.

SmoothPancakes
03-06-2012, 04:25 PM
I'm going to be downloading the demo in a bit, but if swinging is fucktard hard, I don't know if I'm going to bother to move up from 12. Most of the time I'm playing just to have fun. If this new swing system is going to do nothing but piss me off, I'm sticking with 12.

natcret
03-06-2012, 05:08 PM
downloading now

bdoughty
03-06-2012, 06:29 PM
I am a Tourney player, no assists, etc. From tee to green the game is just fine. Once you are on the green the tempo in the putt is going to take getting used to. I backed down to pro and the tempo was a bit easier to work with. You get used to putting the same way all these years and doing so equates in a ton of fast tempo putts. This is one area I will need to relearn. I like that the full putt swing affects the putt, I just think it is still a bit off/herkey jerk and wish they had simply copied Links 2004 putting, still the best putting for people like myself who prefer to not use swing meters.

SmoothPancakes
03-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Have only played one hole, but I can already say I HATE this new piece of shit putt meter. Why the hell did EA have to go and completely fuck with everything from last year?

natcret
03-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Just got through playing two rounds, one at Ocean Club and the other at the Masters. At Ocean Club, I bombed as I was getting used to the new swing system. However, when I played Augusta, I ended up with -1. I think I am going to like the new swing system as it kinda takes me back to the old Links days. There also seems to be of tweaking that was done. I know there was an issue with folks holding their club during the backswing to gain a bit of an advantage, but that is now gone.

I agree with BDoughty and Smooth, putting appears to be the one area that will be trial and error. I do think the swing meter will take some getting used to as it appears to be more rhythmic. There many times that my backswing was considered slow, but my forward swing was considered perfect. Will play some more with different levels and settings to get a clearer picture.

NatureBoy
03-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Just confirmed with a dev that the old swing feature is completely gone. Thanks for the info JB. I didn't have a lot of time to mess with it this morning. I'm going to play around with it later tonight. (That's what she said!)

SmoothPancakes
03-06-2012, 08:05 PM
I was alright for the most part with the new swing system. But that putting system right now is ruining the game for me. Played one round at the Masters, went 7 strokes on the Par 4 14th, 8 strokes on the Par 5 15th, and 6 strokes on the Par 3 16th, all putting at least 3+ times. That putt meter is so unnatural and screwed up, that alone could potentially keep me from even bothering to purchase this game at all. Right now, in tonight alone, TW13 has gone from a preorder purchase to off the radar until the fall or later after the price has plummeted.

gschwendt
03-06-2012, 09:12 PM
Can't confirm but I believe psn store has been updated according to twitter.

HANDSWARD
03-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Yea, demo is on PSN. You have to search for it though.

@SmoothPancakes - Sorry you don't like the putting bud. It is a drastic change to the way it used to be done. I think you should try it a little more tho. It just takes some getting used to.

SmoothPancakes
03-06-2012, 10:01 PM

@SmoothPancakes - Sorry you don't like the putting bud. It is a drastic change to the way it used to be done. I think you should try it a little more tho. It just takes some getting used to.

I'm gonna keep trying it out, but at least right now in my brief experience with it, I personally don't like it. Maybe it'll grow on me. The swing meter I'm alright with. Besides a tee shot that went only 60 yards, I didn't have much problems with the swings. It's just putting right now. After pre-ordering the last two TW games, including TW12, that I pre-ordered months before it even came out, I've been looking forward to this one. It's just going to depend right now on whether or not I can make do with this new putting meter.

steelerfan
03-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Just now downloading the demo (along with MotorStorm RC). Probably won't play much, if at all, until tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

bdoughty
03-06-2012, 11:33 PM

I think the issue is that it might be too drastic, at least with the limitations of the controller. It is just not very smooth and the majority of putts (on my end) are fast or in a rare occasion too slow. Another thing that is annoying is how your player bops around from left to right when you change the aim of a putt, it does not look very natural and seems to be missing some frames in the animation. I hate to keep harping on Links 2004 but they really had putting and chipping down. What is with the full swing arc on chipping?

One last thing is the cameras. It is about time our team started giving us a few more options. I love the True Aim camera but it would really be nice to have the option to flip to behind the green or even a quick zoom in as the ball lands. More camera options are something this game has needed for a long time.

JBHuskers
03-07-2012, 12:02 AM
Well birdied the first hole I played on tour pro difficulty. :up:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
03-07-2012, 12:05 AM
Well birdied the first hole I played on tour pro difficulty. :up:

And eagled the 2nd.

bdoughty
03-07-2012, 12:13 AM
Quit playing from the ladies tees Edna. :P

texacotea
03-07-2012, 05:57 AM
So for all the differences in 12 to 13, is it safe to say that if I didnt play 12 I shouldnt have an issue?

JBHuskers
03-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Quit playing from the ladies tees Edna. :P

Don't worry I bogey'd the 3rd hole :D the new putting got to me there.

psusnoop
03-07-2012, 08:45 AM
How many holes can you play on the Demo? 4 again?

JBHuskers
03-07-2012, 08:46 AM

Three on the Ocean Course. That's all I had time to play yesterday. I'm assuming you get three holes at Augusta, and a snipet of the Legacy Challenge.

SmoothPancakes
03-07-2012, 08:48 AM

I only got to play 3 on the Masters. I don't know about the other course that's in the demo, but I'd imagine only 3 as well.

psusnoop
03-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Thanks guys :up:

steelerfan
03-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Only played 3 holes, but I don't see why anyone has so much angst for the new swinging and putting. Seems fine to me.

JBHuskers
03-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Only played 3 holes, but I don't see why anyone has so much angst for the new swinging and putting. Seems fine to me.

:+1:

gschwendt
03-07-2012, 02:38 PM
I don't like the putting... seems like you have to rush it too much. In real life golf, you don't have to use tempo to have a nice putt. You could pull the putter back as slow as possible... it's all about forward momentum and making a smooth swing. This though it seems like there's no way to slowly pull the putter back.

I don't mind the new swing but not a fan of the new putting.

steelerfan
03-07-2012, 02:41 PM
I don't like the putting... seems like you have to rush it too much. In real life golf, you don't have to use tempo to have a nice putt. You could pull the putter back as slow as possible... it's all about forward momentum and making a smooth swing. This though it seems like there's no way to slowly pull the putter back.

I had no problem pulling the putter back extremely slow. You have to just BARELY pull down on the stick and it will move back very slowly.

gschwendt
03-07-2012, 02:44 PM
I had no problem pulling the putter back extremely slow. You have to just BARELY pull down on the stick and it will move back very slowly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using TapatalkI'll keep playing around with it obviously but the little bit I played around with it on my lunch I couldn't get the hang of it, even trying to barely pull down on the stick.

steelerfan
03-07-2012, 02:46 PM
I'll keep playing around with it obviously but the little bit I played around with it on my lunch I couldn't get the hang of it, even trying to barely pull down on the stick.

It can be done. Just give it a go.

bdoughty
03-07-2012, 03:24 PM

How dare you not like the putting. If Steelerfan can do it then everyone can. :fp: It is only the most mentioned and hated part of the game on every forum, including this one.

SmoothPancakes
03-07-2012, 03:35 PM

Which you shouldn't have to. Pull it back 1/4 to 1/2 way to make it move back very slowly, 1/2 to all the way to make it move back fast. I shouldn't have to sit here fighting the stick over a matter of centimeters to get it to try and move back very slowly.

steelerfan
03-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Which you shouldn't have to. Pull it back 1/4 to 1/2 way to make it move back very slowly, 1/2 to all the way to make it move back fast. I shouldn't have to sit here fighting the stick over a matter of centimeters to get it to try and move back very slowly.

I am only going about 1/4 or 1/5 back. It's not that difficult.

bdoughty
03-07-2012, 03:48 PM

Exactly, there is nothing smooth to it, which ironically goes against how one putts. One day the TW team will learn the lesson from MLB The Show and a few other games. Just because you make something new, does not mean that everyone will like it. Leave some of the old stuff in and stop making excuses about why you can't, that gets old fast. You would think after last year and the hatred for the caddy they might have learned this lesson. I thought precision putting from last year was great, why should I be forced to use something that makes me grind my freaking teeth every time I hit the green.

The game is so ridiculously easy on the highest level (I do not think I have missed a fairway yet) until you hit the green with that awful putting mechanic.

SmoothPancakes
03-07-2012, 04:55 PM
I am only going about 1/4 or 1/5 back. It's not that difficult.

Well congratulations, good for you. Would you like a cookie?

steelerfan
03-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Well congratulations, good for you. Would you like a cookie?

No. But maybe you could use a Valium.

SmoothPancakes
03-07-2012, 05:58 PM
No. But maybe you could use a Valium.

Nah, I'm good. I could say something about where to put a valium, but I'll pass.

steelerfan
03-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Nah, I'm good. I could say something about where to put a valium, but I'll pass.

Unlike you apparently, I'm not into that sort of thing.

It still amazes me that you are throwing this big of a crybaby, pussy fit over a putting meter and now you're attacking me because I said it is possible to slowly pull back on the putter.

Whatever, dude.

skipwondah33
03-07-2012, 07:16 PM
I need to download this now

Looking forward to hopefully thing being different from last version

ryby6969
03-07-2012, 07:26 PM
I am not really feeling it right now. Do not like the fact that I cannot see how far I have to the pin. Also do not like that it just randomly sets the distance for a club. I wish they would have just changed the swing mechanic and left the interface alone.

SmoothPancakes
03-07-2012, 08:40 PM
Unlike you apparently, I'm not into that sort of thing.

It still amazes me that you are throwing this big of a crybaby, pussy fit over a putting meter and now you're attacking me because I said it is possible to slowly pull back on the putter.

Whatever, dude.

Really? Where the fuck am I attacking you? And it's not only me complaining about the putting meter. LOOK AROUND THE FUCKING INTERNET! There are plenty of others. It's not all fucking purple shit that smells like rainbow sherbet like it is in your world.

steelerfan
03-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Really? Where the fuck am I attacking you? And it's not only me complaining about the putting meter. LOOK AROUND THE FUCKING INTERNET! There are plenty of others. It's not all fucking purple shit that smells like rainbow sherbet like it is in your world.

I don't think I did anything to get you to make that dumbass cookie comment. Seriously. What did I say? That it is possible to move the meter slowly? It is.

And who cares if everyone hates it? Does that mean I shouldn't point out that it is possible to move the meter slowly?

SmoothPancakes
03-07-2012, 10:02 PM
I don't think I did anything to get you to make that dumbass cookie comment. Seriously. What did I say? That it is possible to move the meter slowly? It is.

And who cares if everyone hates it? Does that mean I shouldn't point out that it is possible to move the meter slowly?

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize fucking sarcasm wasn't fucking allowed anymore on this forum. I guess I missed the fucking memo. I'm sorry oh mighty Golf Lord that my meager peasant attempt at sarcasm didn't reach your almighty fucking level. But I guess that's to be expected from us mere mortal fucking peasants.

I guess having a different opinion also isn't allowed anymore. I have an opinion about the putting meter and all I hear is "it's fine, I have no problem with it, it's not that difficult", well whoop-dee-fucking-doo, good for you. That's not my opinion on it, but all you sit here doing is trying to shove your opinion on it down my throat and then call me a crybaby and that I'm throwing a pussy fit about it because I have a different opinion about it. Am I even allowed to fucking saying anything anymore or do I have to run it through you or someone else first to make sure it matches your opinions and thoughts about something?

steelerfan
03-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize fucking sarcasm wasn't fucking allowed anymore on this forum. I guess I missed the fucking memo. I'm sorry oh mighty Golf Lord that my meager peasant attempt at sarcasm didn't reach your almighty fucking level. But I guess that's to be expected from us mere mortal fucking peasants.

I guess having a different opinion also isn't allowed anymore. I have an opinion about the putting meter and all I hear is "it's fine, I have no problem with it, it's not that difficult", well whoop-dee-fucking-doo, good for you. That's not my opinion on it, but all you sit here doing is trying to shove your opinion on it down my throat and then call me a crybaby and that I'm throwing a pussy fit about it because I have a different opinion about it. Am I even allowed to fucking saying anything anymore or do I have to run it through you or someone else first to make sure it matches your opinions and thoughts about something?

Grow up.

It's funny that you bitch that you can't have an opinion, but when I state a fact, you shit on it. I never shit on your opinion. I tried to offer help.

As for the game, I already said, I don't think I'm getting it. I just don't like golf enough to buy this game every year.

As for you being a crybaby, when you come in crying that the meter has changed and asking why the devs had to change it, how do you think you look? "I hate it! Why in the hell did they fuck with it?" Sounds like bellyaching to me. But I never said so until you started your cookie shit.

As for shoving my opinion down your throat, I was talking, directly, to Tommy before you quoted me. I never insulted you until you insulted me.

SmoothPancakes
03-07-2012, 11:13 PM
Grow up.

It's funny that you bitch that you can't have an opinion, but when I state a fact, you shit on it. I never shit on your opinion. I tried to offer help.

As for the game, I already said, I don't think I'm getting it. I just don't like golf enough to buy this game every year.

As for you being a crybaby, when you come in crying that the meter has changed and asking why the devs had to change it, how do you think you look? "I hate it! Why in the hell did they fuck with it?" Sounds like bellyaching to me. But I never said so until you started your cookie shit.

As for shoving my opinion down your throat, I was talking, directly, to Tommy before you quoted me. I never insulted you until you insulted me.

It's called me giving my opinion. And funny you telling me to grow up. You seem to need to follow what you preach with the things you say to people in the FIFA league forums. You act like a spoiled brat in that forum, no matter how hard your precious little pampered ass worked on this or that. As for the rest of this, I'm done. I can guarantee 100% what I'm about to say if I continue this post will get me permabanned.

psuexv
03-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Its hard to see when aiming the putt. When I was moving the marker around my dude is standing in the way depending on how far you move it side to side

steelerfan
03-07-2012, 11:30 PM
It's called me giving my opinion. And funny you telling me to grow up. You seem to need to follow what you preach with the things you say to people in the FIFA league forums. You act like a spoiled brat in that forum, no matter how hard your precious little pampered ass worked on this or that. As for the rest of this, I'm done. I can guarantee 100% what I'm about to say if I continue this post will get me permabanned.

Let it out, it's good for you.

Maybe if you swear a little more it will help.

SmoothPancakes
03-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Let it out, it's good for you.

Maybe if you swear a little more it will help.

Yeah, nice try. Not going to work. Your ass isn't even the tiniest bit worth getting permabanned over.

bdoughty
03-07-2012, 11:59 PM
Your ass isn't even the tiniest bit worth getting permabanned over.

Exactly, just ignore the guy.

SmoothPancakes
03-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Exactly, just ignore the guy.

It's all good man. I've said what I'm going to say, I'm done and over it now and am not going to waste any more of my time.

Hopefully the new meters will grow on me, we'll see. Swing I have no problem with, besides one swing, I had no problems swinging during my time playing the demo. It's the putting that's the issue for me. Granted, this late in the cycle, with release a couple weeks away, I'm probably not going to pre-order the game regardless because there just haven't been enough changes to various parts of the game that I play the most from 12 to 13, and then the putting meter changes. I may get it at some point in the future, but for now I'll probably keep enjoying 12, which I still have fun playing from time to time when I manage to work it into my rotation of games.

psuexv
03-08-2012, 09:30 AM
So getting back to the real discussions on this thread :)

I only played 3 holes and didn't actually think about this until after I played. But did anyone notice if you have to swing a certain percentage. Like in the previous versions you had to hit your club 80% or 90%. Obviously you don't hit every club 100% strength each time. Is this controlled in the momentum of your swing?

psuexv
03-08-2012, 09:33 AM
I also noticed on putting there was a "line" where you can't aim any closer to the ball. I was on a pretty good downslope and when I tried to aim my putt it wouldn't let me aim it any shorter past a certain spot. I tried to swing as light as I could and went rolling way past the hole.

JBHuskers
03-08-2012, 11:07 AM
So getting back to the real discussions on this thread :)

I only played 3 holes and didn't actually think about this until after I played. But did anyone notice if you have to swing a certain percentage. Like in the previous versions you had to hit your club 80% or 90%. Obviously you don't hit every club 100% strength each time. Is this controlled in the momentum of your swing?

That might be something to put in the Q&A thread for Hands.

psuexv
03-08-2012, 11:23 AM
That might be something to put in the Q&A thread for Hands.

yeah I put the putting thing in there, I just posted it here to see if anyone noticed it since I wasn't really paying attention to it an only played 3 holes.

So I'm assuming you haven't noticed have to swing a certain percentage?

JBHuskers
03-08-2012, 11:26 AM
yeah I put the putting thing in there, I just posted it here to see if anyone noticed it since I wasn't really paying attention to it an only played 3 holes.

So I'm assuming you haven't noticed have to swing a certain percentage?

I think it's all based on where you aim. %'s are taken out from what I am gathering.

psusnoop
03-08-2012, 03:53 PM
I think it's all based on where you aim. %'s are taken out from what I am gathering.

So if I pull a 3iron back to 170yds about 80% of a full shot my full swing tempo automatically adjust for that and I don't have to take a 4/5ths swing?

Also I know you said you weren't sure but I just wanted to be clear I understood E and yours posts.

JBHuskers
03-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Pretty sure, you may want to post in the Q&A thread to double check. It seems like %'s are taken out completely in Tiger 13.

psusnoop
03-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Pretty sure, you may want to post in the Q&A thread to double check. It seems like %'s are taken out completely in Tiger 13.

Hmm, if true that kind of stinks. I think that adds a whole new layer to the game and challenge.

psuexv
03-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Hmm, if true that kind of stinks. I think that adds a whole new layer to the game and challenge.

I agree and that makes it way too easy if I don't have to adjust my tempo or swing at all. I think JB wants us to post this in the DEV thread :D

gschwendt
03-08-2012, 04:03 PM
No... pretty sure you still have to adjust your pull-back length. So if you are trying to hit a PW 50%, your pull back distance would be about halfway back. On the "meter" that wraps around your golfer, you would notice that the first half is white and the second half is red with a target bar in the middle. If you go past that halfway point, you'll get an "overswing".

psusnoop
03-08-2012, 04:33 PM
No... pretty sure you still have to adjust your pull-back length. So if you are trying to hit a PW 50%, your pull back distance would be about halfway back. On the "meter" that wraps around your golfer, you would notice that the first half is white and the second half is red with a target bar in the middle. If you go past that halfway point, you'll get an "overswing".

Now That makes sense, I may try this before I play some other games tonight but if that's true that makes me happy :D

gschwendt
03-09-2012, 12:54 PM
Played the demo some more today. I definitely have a better grasp of the game.

One of the big aha moments was changing the camera angle. During regular shots, I use the camera that faces the player and during putting, I like the "blimp" camera.

As for putting... you can indeed draw the putter back slower. Essentially you just pull down on the stick as little as you can (let's say 1/10 back), and then you can much more easily slowly pull it back to your desired length from there. The tempo that you pull the putter back doesn't seem to effect your tempo. The camera facing the player is the easiest to see the meter so I would recommend trying it out there, only problem is for long putts you can't see how the ball travels.

psuexv
03-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Good stuff G.

JBHuskers
03-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Wish there was a shot stick sensitivity option for putting. I feel like I rush the back and forward motion every time.

psusnoop
03-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Wish there was a shot stick sensitivity option for putting. I feel like I rush the back and forward motion every time.

:D:D

natcret
03-10-2012, 02:17 PM
JB, change your view (RB) and try. I find that setting a different view helps me in my putting.

skipwondah33
03-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Finally played the demo lastnight

Once I got a feel for hitting the ball definitely liking what I am seeing. Took me a few holes to figure out how to stop "overswinging". Once I realized I could kind of take my time on my approach shots I was able to hit the ball well. My drives weren't a problem at all.

Love how putting is as far the difficulty. It is back to similar being how it was in previous versions which I enjoyed. I set it to Tour Pro without any preview or caddie help. I was blasting putts some odd feet by the hole due to too much power but I got the tempo down somewhat now.

Seems like the ball physics have been changed or the coure conditions play more of a factor. A few times I assumed the ball would shoot off the fairway or green like it does in the current version regardless of what the conditions are. Now the ball seems to roll more realistic to the shot you hit.

With all that said like the changes they have made to the game. Presentation and all that didn't really pay attention to but is always nice. I didn't even bother with the camera angle any

JBHuskers
03-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Yeah I like the challenge of putting because it's going to make for more realistic scores in our league I think.

skipwondah33
03-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Yeah I like the challenge of putting because it's going to make for more realistic scores in our league I think.+1

I'm always excited each version but this one I am particular excited about

CLW
03-12-2012, 05:42 PM
I dunno I HATED the putting. Unless I am missing something I am literally physically incapable of even hitting remotely decent putts. They are ALL either way too soft and go 2 inches or go past the hole 50 feet. Combine that with the no caddie system we are going with here and I may just pass on TW this year.

I'll give the demo another shot but if I am not capable of getting at least remotely decent with putting I'm not even going to bother picking this one up.

gschwendt
03-12-2012, 06:20 PM
I dunno I HATED the putting. Unless I am missing something I am literally physically incapable of even hitting remotely decent putts. They are ALL either way too soft and go 2 inches or go past the hole 50 feet. Combine that with the no caddie system we are going with here and I may just pass on TW this year.

I'll give the demo another shot but if I am not capable of getting at least remotely decent with putting I'm not even going to bother picking this one up.Not sure if you saw this post or not but it might help...

Played the demo some more today. I definitely have a better grasp of the game.

One of the big aha moments was changing the camera angle. During regular shots, I use the camera that faces the player and during putting, I like the "blimp" camera.

As for putting... you can indeed draw the putter back slower. Essentially you just pull down on the stick as little as you can (let's say 1/10 back), and then you can much more easily slowly pull it back to your desired length from there. The tempo that you pull the putter back doesn't seem to effect your tempo. The camera facing the player is the easiest to see the meter so I would recommend trying it out there, only problem is for long putts you can't see how the ball travels.

steelerfan
03-12-2012, 06:31 PM
In playing more last night, I'd say I could do a "slow" putt by pulling the stick back as much as 80%.

HANDSWARD
03-12-2012, 10:38 PM
In playing more last night, I'd say I could do a "slow" putt by pulling the stick back as much as 80%.

This is a very good tip. I myself kind of find a sweetspot for where to take the stick back to based on the difficulty I am playing, the length of the putt, and the speed of the greens.

On Tour Pro this is my method:
- Really short putts I take back about 60% of the way on the stick.
- I don't take a full stick pull back until I get outside 40 feet.
- Anything longer is timing the split seconds you hold at the bottom before you start your follow through.

On Tournament this is my method:
- Really short putts I take back about 50% of the way on the stick.
- I don't take a full stick pull back until I get outside 60 feet.
- Anything longer....

Another good tip for getting the right follow through is to keep your thumb on the stick throughout the finish. It will enable you to keep a smooth steady pace instead of the ramp up you get from a flick forward. It will also help you ensure you don't follow through all the way to the top of the analog. I king of stop short of the top with the same concept I used for the backswing.

Hope this helps those of you that are struggling ;)

steelerfan
03-12-2012, 11:32 PM
Thanks, HANDSWARD. Stopping short is good advice too. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxGRE2wpjsY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

JDFlakes
03-13-2012, 09:06 AM
Man....I gotta start "stopping short"....it's always good when you can cop a feel !!

HANDSWARD
03-13-2012, 11:06 PM
That's my move!