PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NFL Offseason Talk

Pages : [1] 2 3

psuexv
02-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Rams looking to trade away the #2 slot. Looks like we will have QBs go #1 and #2 in the draft.

psuexv
02-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Redskins and Browns look to be the major players for the #2 Rams pick.

I've heard the Redskins could potentially look to go after Manning and Wayne as a package deal.

morsdraconis
02-28-2012, 04:52 PM
I can guarantee you that, if we trade up to #2 for Griffin (which I think is a HORRIBLE idea, btw), we will not be spending money on Manning and Wayne as a package deal. Manning won't be coming to DC if we trade up.

Personally, I hope the Redskins stand pat, tell the Rams to go fuck themselves, get Manning and Wayne along with a few other choice FAs on the cheap, and trade back in the draft. Stockpile some picks and be smart about it. If it was Luck, I'd be a bit more interested in the trade, but, unfortunately, it's for someone in Griffin that has a HUGE bust potential.

psusnoop
02-28-2012, 05:00 PM
I can guarantee you that, if we trade up to #2 for Griffin (which I think is a HORRIBLE idea, btw), we will not be spending money on Manning and Wayne as a package deal. Manning won't be coming to DC if we trade up.

Personally, I hope the Redskins stand pat, tell the Rams to go fuck themselves, get Manning and Wayne along with a few other choice FAs on the cheap, and trade back in the draft. Stockpile some picks and be smart about it. If it was Luck, I'd be a bit more interested in the trade, but, unfortunately, it's for someone in Griffin that has a HUGE bust potential.

I can't see the Redskins and Snyder making a good decision here.

I'm not a fan of Snyder, my cousin worked for him for a few years and told a few stories about him that are less then inspiring. The funniest one is that you as an employee are not allowed to look him in the eyes :fp:

morsdraconis
02-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Snyder doesn't make the decisions. Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen do. Simple as that.

psuexv
02-28-2012, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I didn't mean they were going to do both. Just the rumors out there, one or the other.

steelerfan
02-29-2012, 05:28 PM
The Steelers have officially announced that they will release Hines Ward.

I totally understand the move. He has been relegated to being the 5th receiver and a 5th receiver needs to be able to play special teams. Those days are long gone.

That said, he is certainly one of the all-time greatest Steelers and I will always hold him in high regard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

SmoothPancakes
03-02-2012, 02:00 PM
Facebook posts by Adam Schefter.

NFL security determined between 22 and 27 defensive players on the Saints, as well as at least one asst. coach, maintained a bounty program.

Investigation reviewed 18.000 documents totaling more than 50,000 pages. Commissioner Goodell will determine the discipline.

NFL determined that former Saints DC Gregg Williams administered the program with knowledge of other defensive coaches.

Discipline for the Saints could include fines, suspensions and forfeiture of draft choices.

NFL investigation of Saints began in 2010 when allegations were made that Saints targeted QBs such as Brett Favre and Kurt Warner.

ram29jackson
03-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Facebook posts by Adam Schefter.

Much less interesting then Patriot-gate. No surprise there.

and even if the Redskins go after Manning..I doubt he would do it to avoid playing the Giants twice a year... I believe he will go to an AFC team

SmoothPancakes
03-04-2012, 08:38 AM
And the wheel goes round.

ESPN NFL - WSH POST: NFL to investigate if Redskins had bounty program when Gregg Williams was d-coordinator

morsdraconis
03-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Won't be anything against us. The Saints? Absolutely because they were told to cut it out and kept going with it. Gibbs flat out denies that anything happened during Williams' time here and if there's one man in this world that wouldn't lie, it's Joe Gibbs. If he knew about it, he would have reported it when it was happening.

Feel bad for the Saints because the hammer is going to be dropped on them.

SmoothPancakes
03-04-2012, 09:04 AM
Won't be anything against us. The Saints? Absolutely because they were told to cut it out and kept going with it. Gibbs flat out denies that anything happened during Williams' time here and if there's one man in this world that wouldn't lie, it's Joe Gibbs. If he knew about it, he would have reported it when it was happening.

Yeah, in this case it appears the NFL is investigating solely because Gregg Williams was there at one time, not that there has been any actual signs or proof that the Redskins did it. As for the Saints, I agree, they're screwed.

steelerfan
03-04-2012, 11:24 AM

A former coach and 5 former players have come forward already to say that the Redskins were doing the same thing under Williams.

ryby6969
03-04-2012, 11:36 AM
I would not be surprised if Williams gets suspended for at least the season.

SmoothPancakes
03-04-2012, 12:10 PM
A former coach and 5 former players have come forward already to say that the Redskins were doing the same thing under Williams.

Really? I hadn't heard that. This is getting interesting. I'd have to agree with Ryby, Williams is going to get bent over by the NFL at the rate these investigations are going.

steelerfan
03-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Really? I hadn't heard that. This is getting interesting. I'd have to agree with Ryby, Williams is going to get bent over by the NFL at the rate these investigations are going.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/nfl-will-investigate-claims-that-redskins-had-a-bounty-program-for-big-hits-under-defensive-coordinator-gregg-williams/2012/03/03/gIQAz34poR_blog.html

ram29jackson
03-04-2012, 02:14 PM
this is lame..everyone does it..he's just the one getting caught...of course I dont think/mean everyone does it, i'm just generalizing..but the point is,this isnt that big a deal in football, guys already get hit, so what if someone plants a little harder? it happens whether theres a motivational bounty or not

baseballplyrmvp
03-04-2012, 10:18 PM
this is lame..everyone does it..he's just the one getting caught...of course I dont think/mean everyone does it, i'm just generalizing..but the point is,this isnt that big a deal in football, guys already get hit, so what if someone plants a little harder? it happens whether theres a motivational bounty or notguys are going to get hit regardless, you are right. but there's a big difference in hitting your opponent cleanly, and trying to cause permanent injury to him. and thats what the bounties do; they reward players for playing dirty.

ram29jackson
03-05-2012, 03:34 AM
guys are going to get hit regardless, you are right. but there's a big difference in hitting your opponent cleanly, and trying to cause permanent injury to him. and thats what the bounties do; they reward players for playing dirty.

i'm not saying its a great thing at all..but its not a big deal either.. and a coaches career shouldnt be made an example of in an extreme way..just charge a fine and move on..its the least important or interesting thing in this weeks news as far as I care....steroids and (((guys who cant read good))) are bigger problems LOL

SmoothPancakes
03-05-2012, 06:16 AM
Yes, trying to intentionally injure (instead of simply just tackle) and potentially permanently end a player's career because you'll get a bounty from your coach for it isn't a big deal at all. :fp:

psuexv
03-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Ram do you seriously believe the shit that you post or do you do it for the simple joy of stirring the pot?

baseballplyrmvp
03-05-2012, 09:01 AM
i'm not saying its a great thing at all..but its not a big deal either.. and a coaches career shouldnt be made an example of in an extreme way..just charge a fine and move on..its the least important or interesting thing in this weeks news as far as I care....steroids and (((guys who cant read good))) are bigger problems LOLnot a big deal? you have a coach that for at least 3 years, paid his players for deliberately trying to injure other players. and you think steroids are more important than this? :smh: but whatever, thats your opinion.

ram29jackson
03-05-2012, 11:38 AM
you guys are such pansies LOL..no, steroids IS a more important problem and always was...theres a fine line between just tackling and hitting a little harder when it comes to being a pro in football..again,this aint no big deal because its been going on in one form or another since the 1800s.. and come playoff time, all hits get harder and QBs will always be meat to be torn apart and they know it..again, stop taking extremes with what I say.. I already said,this isnt a great thing..but truly, it aint no big deal

SmoothPancakes
03-05-2012, 11:56 AM
:fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

SmoothPancakes
03-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot.

:fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

psuexv
03-05-2012, 12:24 PM
theres a fine line between just tackling and hitting a little harder when it comes to being a pro in football..

If it were only that simple. The problem is when you have players actually going for the knockout instead of just "hitting harder", like going low and trying to take out a knee, basically hitting dirty.

Every NFL to youth football player hits about as hard as they can on every play. You always want to knock the snot out of someone.

If it were a simple, "hey, if we all hit cleanly and you knock someone out of the game you get a bounty" then I really wouldn't have a problem with it. But when money is involved, a lot of people will do what they can to get it.

steelerfan
03-05-2012, 12:29 PM
The Steelers are constantly getting flags and fines/suspensions for what the league perceives, in super slow-motion, as them targeting a player's head. Other teams, obviously, have had their players fined as well. I'd say that a good 80% of the "illegal" hits nowadays - the ones that draw flags, fines and suspensions - are complete bullshit.

That said, if you expect me to accept Steelers getting fined and suspended for such things, yet turn a blind eye to other teams rewarding players for trying to injure, you're a fool.

There is a difference between hard-hitting, and trying to injure. While every player may be happy to hurt the opposing quarterback, it is the job of the league not to promote such activity. You cannot justify bounties no matter how you try.

The league cannot bang the drum (even if it's just for show and to curtail future lawsuits) about player safety and also ignore this.

Is this the biggest story in the history of the league? No. Is it surprising? No. Does it need to be dealt with? Absolutely.

psuexv
03-05-2012, 12:31 PM
The Steelers are constantly getting flags and fines/suspensions for what the league perceives, in super slow-motion, as them targeting a player's head. Other teams, obviously, have had their players fined as well. I'd say that a good 80% of the "illegal" hits nowadays - the ones that draw flags, fines and suspensions - are complete bullshit.

That said, if you expect me to accept Steelers getting fined and suspended for such things, yet turn a blind eye to other teams rewarding players for trying to injure, you're a fool.

There is a difference between hard-hitting, and trying to injure. While every player may be happy to hurt the opposing quarterback, it is the job of the league not to promote such activity. You cannot justify bounties no matter how you try.

The league cannot bang the drum (even if it's just for show and to curtail future lawsuits) about player safety and also ignore this.

Is this the biggest story in the history of the league? No. Is it surprising? No. Does it need to be dealt with? Absolutely.

:+1:

SmoothPancakes
03-05-2012, 12:36 PM

skipwondah33
03-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Late to the party but just read the article with Favre on nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827638bb/article/favre-happy-the-truth-comes-out-on-saints-practices?module=HP11_headline_stack

That was an pitiful officiated game and there were definitely ALOT of late, unnecessary hits that weren't flagged. Going off what I remember of the game they were intentionally trying to put him out of the game...and I mean not in a "football" way.

ram29jackson
03-05-2012, 01:53 PM

and the way they do deal with it,will just get/give your team more fines and suspensions in the future..and so it goes...Pittsburgh isnt even good at tackling, ..that OT loss to Denver on the last play
..that was the biggest pathetic miffed tackle by 2 players in Steelers history LOL j/k

skipwondah33
03-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Well neither Mundy or Taylor should be model examples of tackling lol

Now if it were Clark or Polamalu my feeling would be different.

steelerfan
03-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Bills, Titans, and Jags added to the list of teams bring investigated.

steelerfan
03-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Pittsburgh isnt even good at tackling

http://img.tapatalk.com/62c401e2-1f38-0186.jpg

SmoothPancakes
03-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Oh for the love of God. :fp:

JBHuskers
03-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Surprised Stevie Johnson re-signed with the Bills. Thought for sure he was going to jump ship.

ram29jackson
03-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Bills, Titans, and Jags added to the list of teams bring investigated.

soon,it will be illegal to play football IN football games

SmoothPancakes
03-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Is there another site we can trade ram with? We give them ram, they give us one of their members? And we just don't tell them about ram so they'll give us a good member in return.

steelerfan
03-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Well neither Mundy or Taylor should be model examples of tackling lol

Now if it were Clark or Polamalu my feeling would be different.

Actually, Ike Taylor is a very good tackler.

In fact, I read a breakdown last offseason that showed how all of his coverage numbers were on par with Revis' with the obvious exception of INTs. The breakdown detailed how much better he was in run support (and at tackling) than any of the top CBs in the league. The whole point of the article was that Taylor is as important to the Steelers' defense as Revis is to the Jets and that Pittsburgh was fortunate, from a salary cap standpoint, that Taylor's total package was perceived as less valuable than Revis' ability to create turnovers.

EDIT: that article may have been about Asomugha, can't remember. The point is the same, Taylor is a better tackler than most CBs.

steelerfan
03-05-2012, 03:07 PM
NFL says they have 18,000 documents and over 50,000 pages of evidence pertaining to the Saints' bounty system.

ram29jackson
03-05-2012, 09:43 PM
NFL says they have 18,000 documents and over 50,000 pages of evidence pertaining to the Saints' bounty system.

probably another victim of texting too much LOL..amoung other things

skipwondah33
03-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Actually, Ike Taylor is a very good tackler.

In fact, I read a breakdown last offseason that showed how all of his coverage numbers were on par with Revis' with the obvious exception of INTs. The breakdown detailed how much better he was in run support (and at tackling) than any of the top CBs in the league. The whole point of the article was that Taylor is as important to the Steelers' defense as Revis is to the Jets and that Pittsburgh was fortunate, from a salary cap standpoint, that Taylor's total package was perceived as less valuable than Revis' ability to create turnovers.

EDIT: that article may have been about Asomugha, can't remember. The point is the same, Taylor is a better tackler than most CBs.

Yes he can tackle but I was saying he wasn't the best tackle the Steelers have. And more so your CB shouldnt be the team's best or lead the team in tackles lol.

Only thing Ike doesn't do is catch INT's. Can't be sure of the numbers but his aren't very high over the last few years. Combination of things I know

steelerfan
03-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Yes he can tackle but I was saying he wasn't the best tackle the Steelers have. And more so your CB shouldnt be the team's best or lead the team in tackles lol.

Only thing Ike doesn't do is catch INT's. Can't be sure of the numbers but his aren't very high over the last few years. Combination of things I know

He has never led the team in tackles, nor does anyone claim he is the team's best tackler.

The point is, he's a very good tackling corner.

JBHuskers
03-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Some non bounty Saints news. Randy Moss is working out with the team today.

skipwondah33
03-06-2012, 09:32 AM
He has never led the team in tackles, nor does anyone claim he is the team's best tackler.

The point is, he's a very good tackling corner.
Wasn't say none of those things either lol. Speaking of CB's in general

psusnoop
03-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Some non bounty Saints news. Randy Moss is working out with the team today.

Apparently it went quite well for Randy as well. ESPN article here.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7652791/randy-moss-impresses-new-orleans-saints-workout-reports-say

ram29jackson
03-07-2012, 01:12 PM
the State of Indiana before the final 4 tourney and Manning makes big headlines for having to leave a team...I honestly dont think he will consider an NFCteam unless he gets less offers then he expects/wants/hopes for...Sanchez better get acquainted with the sideline....

jaymo76
03-07-2012, 02:46 PM
I love the rumour this morning of Manning considering Houston. I think that would be awesome!

steelerfan
03-07-2012, 02:47 PM
I love the rumour this morning of Manning considering Houston. I think that would be awesome!

Fuck that!

Unless, of course, he is unhealthy, and done. :D

skipwondah33
03-08-2012, 02:19 PM
I love the rumour this morning of Manning considering Houston. I think that would be awesome!Wouldn't that be some shit...Going to Houston in the same conference as the Colts

I'd actually love to see that as well.

JBHuskers
03-08-2012, 02:37 PM
My ranking of teams to land Manning:

1. Miami
2. Kansas City
3. Denver
4. Washington
5. Seattle

jaymo76
03-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Pretty much everyone has Manning to Miami as most likely. I personally think it's gong to be either Arizona (because of the dome) OR Kansas City (weakness of the AFC West).

SmoothPancakes
03-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Holy fuck. Rams and Redskins talking trade. Redskins get the Rams 2012 1st round draft pick (2nd overall). Rams get 2012 1st round draft pick (6th overall), 2012 2nd round, 2013 1st round, 2014 1st round.

steelerfan
03-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Holy fuck. Rams and Redskins talking trade. Redskins get the Rams 2012 1st round draft pick (2nd overall). Rams get 2012 1st round draft pick (6th overall), 2012 2nd round, 2013 1st round, 2014 1st round.

Yep RG3 to Washington.

morsdraconis
03-09-2012, 10:34 PM
:sick: x :infinity:

I'm about to become a closet Steelers fan. WTF are you thinking Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen?

Only prayer now is Irsay is dumb enough to take Griffin instead of Luck.

:smh: :smh: :smh:

SmoothPancakes
03-09-2012, 10:49 PM
:sick: x :infinity:

I'm about to become a closet Steelers fan. WTF are you thinking Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen?

Only prayer now is Irsay is dumb enough to take Griffin instead of Luck.

Yeah, I was instantly :fp: when I saw it mentioned during college basketball. Way to throw away three years of 1st round draft picks. RG3 may be a decent to good NFL player, but no way in hell is he worth four draft picks, three of them being 1st rounders.

baseballplyrmvp
03-09-2012, 11:15 PM
whoever gave the go-ahead for that, should be canned. there isnt a quarterback in the league who is worth 3 first rounders. this probably goes down as one of the dumbest pick swapping trades of all time.

steelerfan
03-09-2012, 11:32 PM
This just in....

The Rams included Herschel Walker in the deal to Washington. Good job, Redskins!

morsdraconis
03-10-2012, 07:02 AM
Well, the thing is, apparently there were teams, like the Browns, offering fuckin' FOUR first round draft picks for the spot. FOUR!

Doesn't matter though because, unless we somehow have Luck fall in our laps, we're fucked because I can guarantee that Griffin won't be a good NFL QB.

CLW
03-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Rams just OWNED the Redskins 3 first round picks and this years 2nd for RGIII (who I think has BUST written all over him). If the Rams draft well they could become a NASTY team after this is done.

NatureBoy
03-10-2012, 10:32 AM
The Redskins really rolled the dice on this one. They better hope it doesn't come up snake eyes. I may be wrong but I don't see RG III being a big time NFL QB. I have seen the Raiders do this type of thing way too many times in the past and it never panned out. I guess we will all find out this fall if Washington made the right decision.

steelerfan
03-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Even if RG3 pans out, it will be 2015 before Washington has a first round pick to build around him with. I just don't see how this will end well for the Redskins.

SmoothPancakes
03-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Even if RG3 pans out, it will be 2015 before Washington has a first round pick to build around him with. I just don't see how this will end well for the Redskins.

Nope. It's pretty much a lose-lose. I know Washington had to basically lop off both nuts to get the #2 slot, since Cleveland could package together their #4 and #22 first round picks this year, plus whatever else, but this was just stupidly insane what Washington gave up.

ram29jackson
03-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I was instantly :fp: when I saw it mentioned during college basketball. Way to throw away three years of 1st round draft picks. RG3 may be a decent to good NFL player, but no way in hell is he worth four draft picks, three of them being 1st rounders.

Well, the thing is, apparently there were teams, like the Browns, offering fuckin' FOUR first round draft picks for the spot. FOUR!

Doesn't matter though because, unless we somehow have Luck fall in our laps, we're fucked because I can guarantee that Griffin won't be a good NFL QB.

LOL neither of you guys have proven to know shit about anything, and youre both flaming pessimists :D

you have no freaking clue whether RG III will succeed or not...have you not seen him on the NFL network? He isnt your typical dumb ass jock. He can think on his feet quite well. If he can do that in on field situations in the pros..it could be interesting.

I admit, I am rooting for the guy. He's fun,funny,smart,appears to be normal and not a jerk...and with the new pansy QB and pass defense rules, more QBs will succeed then not in the future. Just ask Flynn and Newton....

ram29jackson
03-10-2012, 01:53 PM

in this massive free agency era, drafts arent quite as important..building through the draft takes too long now. You have to find formulas that work sooner.

I of course think building through draft works better, but its harder to do now.

steelerfan
03-10-2012, 02:28 PM
in this massive free agency era, drafts arent quite as important..building through the draft takes too long now. You have to find formulas that work sooner.

I of course think building through draft works better, but its harder to do now.

Look at all of the top teams in the league. Then list all of their top players. You'll find that the vast majority of top players on the top teams were drafted by that team.

Washington has tried to build with high-priced Free Agents ever since Snyder bought the team and it has got them nowhere.

SmoothPancakes
03-10-2012, 03:36 PM
LOL neither of you guys have proven to know shit about anything, and youre both flaming pessimists :D

you have no freaking clue whether RG III will succeed or not...have you not seen him on the NFL network? He isnt your typical dumb ass jock. He can think on his feet quite well. If he can do that in on field situations in the pros..it could be interesting.

I admit, I am rooting for the guy. He's fun,funny,smart,appears to be normal and not a jerk...and with the new pansy QB and pass defense rules, more QBs will succeed then not in the future. Just ask Flynn and Newton....

No, it's called he's fucked. He was either going to the Browns or now to the Redskins. His career just ended before it got started based on those teams and their current personnel (no offense Mors).

ryby6969
03-10-2012, 03:40 PM
The biggest problem RGIII will have is being coached by Kyle Shannahan. I would rather have Cam Cameron(whom I despise) than those two assholes in DC.

baseballplyrmvp
03-10-2012, 05:31 PM

you have no freaking clue whether RG III will succeed or not...have you not seen him on the NFL network? He isnt your typical dumb ass jock. He can think on his feet quite well. If he can do that in on field situations in the pros..it could be interesting.its not that at all. its the fact that washington gave up 4 extremely high picks for him. your first rounders are guys you want to have be your franchise type players, and your second rounders are guys you look at to start or be an immediate backup. throwing out a bust, and washington is basically giving up 2 guaranteed starters, plus an immediate backup. trading away all of that for a qb who hasnt proved himself yet is stupid.

psuexv
03-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Look at all of the top teams in the league. Then list all of their top players. You'll find that the vast majority of top players on the top teams were drafted by that team.

Washington has tried to build with high-priced Free Agents ever since Snyder bought the team and it has got them nowhere.

its not that at all. its the fact that washington gave up 4 extremely high picks for him. your first rounders are guys you want to have be your franchise type players, and your second rounders are guys you look at to start or be an immediate backup. throwing out a bust, and washington is basically giving up 2 guaranteed starters, plus an immediate backup. trading away all of that for a qb who hasnt proved himself yet is stupid.

Exactly. This isn't baseball, you can't buy a championship. All of the top teams have built their teams from the ground up. Patriots, Steelers, 49ers, Packers. They bring in a FA here or there to fill some holes but never to build around.

SmoothPancakes
03-12-2012, 09:51 AM
And if you pick right, that 1st round draft pick can be an immediate force. Look at Denver and their first round pick last year, Von Miller. The guy had an immediate boost and huge effect on the defense. If you make the right pick and get a player who is a sure thing to not be a bust, you can greatly improve your team with just that one pick. Washington has nothing for the next three years now in the first round. Way, way, way, way, way too much given up for an untested QB.

SmoothPancakes
03-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Ouch. It gets somewhat worse for the Redskins fans. From Adam Schefter.

NFL is taking away millions of dolllar of salary-cap space from Cowboys and Redskins for how they front-loaded deals during uncapped year.

Cowboys lose $10 million in cap space, Redskins lose $36 million in space. Can split it over 2012 and 2013 any way they want. More at ESPN.

morsdraconis
03-12-2012, 03:37 PM
It's bullshit. They make the rule AFTER we build the contracts to do it that way (or, at least, in the sense of what the Redskins did with their contracts).

SmoothPancakes
03-12-2012, 03:42 PM
It's bullshit. They make the rule AFTER we build the contracts to do it that way (or, at least, in the sense of what the Redskins did with their contracts).

You and the rest of the Redskins fans just can't catch a break at all lately. Under investigation for Williams, trading away the next three years in the NFL draft for RG3, and now this. :smh:

steelerfan
03-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Fail to the Redskins!

(No offense, mors)

JBHuskers
03-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Well to be fair, they only really traded away the next two years. That's been the common misconception on this trade. They just swapped with them this year.

SmoothPancakes
03-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Well to be fair, they only really traded away the next two years. That's been the common misconception on this trade. They just swapped with them this year.

Well true, but since they're drafting RG3 and traded away their second rounder as well, I just sort of counted this year among it all.

ram29jackson
03-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Moss to 49ers....whats he thinking ? they run the ball..alot

ram29jackson
03-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Chiefs and SeaHawks

are out of the running for Manning.

He'll talk to Titans, but I doubt that amounts to much at all...?

JeffHCross
03-12-2012, 09:10 PM
He'll talk to Titans, but I doubt that amounts to much at all...?Uhm ... why? Bud Adams has publicly said that he wants Manning more than any other free agent. And the guy's got a little bit of a history in Tennessee ...

jaymo76
03-12-2012, 11:05 PM
So DENVER is now the lead candidate for Manning??? Not gonna lie; I NEVER expected to see that. I wonder how the fans will respond if they trade Tebow to say Jacksonville? If Manning struggles would the Denver faithful boo him?

JBHuskers
03-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Based on the guys that Manning has talked to so far, Munchak, Philbin, etc. You think he would listen to them over John Elway? Another side note, Manning was REALLY impressed with Eric Decker prior to when he was drafted. It makes sense to go to Denver, draft a future QB in a year or two, or get a good backup for insurance on Manning's helath. He'll have Decker, Wayne will probably follow Payton as Denver can afford both, Eddie Royal, so there are some targets on the team.

JeffHCross
03-12-2012, 11:36 PM
If X struggles would the Y faithful boo him?Yes. That's true for every fan base.

But honestly, Peyton would be really screwed if he struggles. Denver's fan poll currently has Tebow ahead, 60-40 last I saw. So if the totally unscientific fan poll prefers Teblow + Peyton struggles? Ouch. That never works out well.

ram29jackson
03-13-2012, 05:07 AM
Uhm ... why? Bud Adams has publicly said that he wants Manning more than any other free agent. And the guy's got a little bit of a history in Tennessee ...

all owners say that stuff..owners try and get players that will sell tickets,it doesnt mean they are in it for a championship.They just want a draw card and asses in the seats

psuexv
03-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Based on the guys that Manning has talked to so far, Munchak, Philbin, etc. You think he would listen to them over John Elway? Another side note, Manning was REALLY impressed with Eric Decker prior to when he was drafted. It makes sense to go to Denver, draft a future QB in a year or two, or get a good backup for insurance on Manning's helath. He'll have Decker, Wayne will probably follow Payton as Denver can afford both, Eddie Royal, so there are some targets on the team.

Yeah but Eric Decker is not Brandon Marshall or Kenny Britt. You add Wayne and Peyton to those teams and it's going to be nasty. Marshall might be a head case but he goes out every week and performs, and has done so usually without a QB.

steelerfan
03-13-2012, 11:24 AM
all owners say that stuff..owners try and get players that will sell tickets,it doesnt mean they are in it for a championship.They just want a draw card and asses in the seats

To my knowledge, the Titans have no problems drawing fans. You answer, I believe, is too simplistic.

SmoothPancakes
03-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Yeah but Eric Decker is not Brandon Marshall or Kenny Britt. You add Wayne and Peyton to those teams and it's going to be nasty. Marshall might be a head case but he goes out every week and performs, and has done so usually without a QB.

True, but he doesn't have to be. Get a receiving corps of Eric Decker, Demaryius Thomas, Eddie Royal, Wayne (if he were to follow Manning from Indy), that's already turning into a nice little group.

psuexv
03-13-2012, 11:35 AM
True, but he doesn't have to be. Get a receiving corps of Eric Decker, Demaryius Thomas, Eddie Royal, Wayne (if he were to follow Manning from Indy), that's already turning into a nice little group.

True, it's not a bad group but the others would be better. IMO, if I were Peyton and the money was about the same, I'd go to the Titans. Great RB, good defense, you play the Colts twice and you know they are going to suck, and you have always handled the other two teams in the division. The Dolphins you have to play the Pats and Jets twice and in Denver you get in to those bitter slobber-knocker rival games with the Chiefs and Raiders.

psuexv
03-13-2012, 11:51 AM
JayGlazer: Scoopage: Take 1 name off the list of free agents set to hit the market today. Saints have just agreed to new 5 yr deal w WR Marques Colston

SmoothPancakes
03-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Here's one reason the Broncos have a good chance. They can throw plenty of money at him.

Teams with most salary-cap space are Bucs ($44 million under), Bengals ($41 million), Broncos ($38M)

steelerfan
03-13-2012, 03:06 PM

Brandon Marshall was just traded to the Bears for 2 3rd round picks.

psuexv
03-13-2012, 03:08 PM

That's interesting. Hooking him and Cutler back up.

ram29jackson
03-13-2012, 03:25 PM
To my knowledge, the Titans have no problems drawing fans. You answer, I believe, is too simplistic.

most NFL teams have no trouble drawing fans, that isnt the point.

Sometimes a simple answer is all you need..and its true. Owners are money oriented, just because you already make alot doesnt mean you dont hope to up the profit with a another draw card..you just keep telling the fans "we are working towards a championship because thars what they want to hear..the Titans have proven you cant take them that seriously.

Only the Packers, Steelers, and even though its been a while, the Cowboys have proven that its their ultimate goal and not just what you say when asked about it.

no, I believe he wont be a Titan when its over.

psuexv
03-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Pierre Garcon to the Redskins.... see Mors, it's not all bad

morsdraconis
03-13-2012, 03:56 PM
Uggh... God damn it...

psuexv
03-13-2012, 03:56 PM
most NFL teams have no trouble drawing fans, that isnt the point.

Sometimes a simple answer is all you need..and its true. Owners are money oriented, just because you already make alot doesnt mean you dont hope to up the profit with a another draw card..you just keep telling the fans "we are working towards a championship because thars what they want to hear..the Titans have proven you cant take them that seriously.

Only the Packers, Steelers, and even though its been a while, the Cowboys have proven that its their ultimate goal and not just what you say when asked about it.

no, I believe he wont be a Titan when its over.

So you are saying that most of the owners in the NFL are not looking to win a championship? So if they went 1-15 but made a shit load of money they would be happy?

steelerfan
03-13-2012, 04:03 PM
The Cowboys??

They last won in 1995.

If having a meddling owner who thinks he is a draft guru and undermines his own coaching staff in the media is what it takes, you're right they do.

If the Vikings weren't retarded, and didn't give Dallas 50 draft picks for Herschel Walker, Dallas' last championship would be 1977. But, the Vikings were that dumb so people still view Dallas as something they are not.

morsdraconis
03-13-2012, 04:11 PM
So you are saying that most of the owners in the NFL are not looking to win a championship? So if they went 1-15 but made a shit load of money they would be happy?

The 49ers and the Bills sure as hell would. They are two of the biggest tightwads in a league full of tightwads and sore losers.

The fact that the Cowboys and the Redskins (the two franchises that make this fuckin' piece of shit league work) are getting punished for something that wasn't illegal at all (no written rules telling them not to do it because it would be considered colluding if they did and the NFLPA would have been all over the NFL's ass in about two milliseconds) and the other owners pushed for it happen and the NFLPA was ok with passing it just burns me up to no end. Good idea league. Piss off the two franchises that, combined, make more money for the league than the other 30 franchises combined.

steelerfan
03-13-2012, 04:15 PM
The Cowboys and Redskins were warned.

Do you have data to back up the claim that those 2 make more money for the league than the other 30 franchises combined? I'd be interested in seeing that.

morsdraconis
03-13-2012, 04:30 PM
The Cowboys and Redskins were warned.

Do you have data to back up the claim that those 2 make more money for the league than the other 30 franchises combined? I'd be interested in seeing that.

Verbally warned by the same backroom handshake, wink wink, nudge nudge shit that every other team was.

It's plain and simple, the league colluded with one another to not use the uncapped year to wash away bad contracts because a good 20 of the 32 owners are barely staying afloat and therefore don't have the cash laying around to do what the Skins and Cowboys did (along with the Bears, mind you, who aren't being punished for doing the exact same thing).

So, because the Cowboys and Skins are able to make more money than any of the other franchises, and therefore have the ability to do what they did, unlike teams that are poorly managed, they are getting punished for it.

The Redskins and the Cowboys are getting punished for not participating in colluding.

As for whether or not they make more money for the league than the other 30 teams combined, I don't have any hard evidence, but there's a pretty damn good chance that it's real considering that the Redskins and Cowboys are in the top 5 in sports franchises worth the most money in the world (last I saw, Redskins were 3rd and Cowboys were 1st). When you have franchises worth billions of dollars, one has to think quite a bit of that money is going toward the league since the whole cap room thing is based on how much money the league is projected to make, as a whole next year and when the Cowboys and Redskins are making several $100 million dollars a year, you'd have to think it's pretty likely that those two combined are at least half of the league total.

steelerfan
03-13-2012, 04:45 PM
You're not far off in how valuable the Cowboys and Redskins are. However, ALL 32 franchises are in the list of 50 most valuable in the world and several are in the to 10 to 15, close to Washington and Dallas.

To say those 2 teams make more than the other 30 (backed down to "half") is ridiculous though.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2011/07/12/the-worlds-50-most-valuable-sports-teams/

ram29jackson
03-13-2012, 06:33 PM
The Cowboys??

They last won in 1995.

If having a meddling owner who thinks he is a draft guru and undermines his own coaching staff in the media is what it takes, you're right they do.

If the Vikings weren't retarded, and didn't give Dallas 50 draft picks for Herschel Walker, Dallas' last championship would be 1977. But, the Vikings were that dumb so people still view Dallas as something they are not.

your opinion of how theyve done recently has nothing to do with it..just because you want to get to the top doesnt mean you will either..but in the Super Bowl era that you are so centric about, Dallas has proven thats very important to them, just like Pitt and GB..sure, alot of owners migh like to get to the top but they dont try as hard as those 3 teams.. you guys should know by now, sports franchises are tax write off toys for owners..as long as they can make a profit,thats all they care about..if they happen to beat the odds once in a while, of course they dont mind riding that wave..

any more Manning news?

should be the national Manning League...brother wins SB, other brother gets national attention shopping for teams.....every time Archie turns on the tv, his sons are there.....amazing

steelerfan
03-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Reggie Wayne is staying with the Colts. He signed a 3-year deal.

There goes the automatic assumption that he'd follow Manning.

Maybe he knows Manning is still hurt and won't make opening day. :dunno:

JeffHCross
03-13-2012, 10:03 PM
Peyton Manning to whoever is interesting to me, but the one I'm really keeping an eye on is Matt Flynn. For this reason more than any other, you would think, after the performance he had last year, that Miami (now coached by his former OC) would be very interested in his services. But it doesn't appear to be the case. Makes me wonder if they know something the league doesn't.

The other part of that which interests me is whether or not Miami (due to OC Mike Sherman) is going after Ryan Tannehill.

JBHuskers
03-13-2012, 10:57 PM

:))

JBHuskers
03-13-2012, 10:59 PM
Wayne was a shocker. I did figure he'd follow Manning, or just go somewhere else. Didn't expect to re-sign with the Colts. And WOW I think the Redskins overpaid for Garcon, but that isn't much of a surprise, but just days after you find out you're going to get jacked for a ton of cap room, spending $21M+ guaranteed on RGIII to Garcon for 10-12 TD's is quite a gamble.

JeffHCross
03-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Garcon is probably an overpay if you put it into the perspective of "he's Pierre Garcon". Though he did have a very impressive year last year, considering his complete lack of a competent QB.

Though, if you consider him the #2 available receiver today (with Colston signing and behind Jackson), that's probably not an overpay. $21 million guaranteed is insane to me no matter who it is, though.

steelerfan
03-13-2012, 11:39 PM
These numbers come out, then later the details are leaked and you find that the "guaranteed" money is not as high as originally reported (though it's not widely reported and you have to seek out that info).

Often, the initial reports of guaranteed money include future roster bonuses and the like. That sort of money is not really guaranteed at all.

That said, the Redskins and overpaying go together like shit and stink.

morsdraconis
03-14-2012, 05:27 AM
Garcon is probably an overpay if you put it into the perspective of "he's Pierre Garcon". Though he did have a very impressive year last year, considering his complete lack of a competent QB.

Though, if you consider him the #2 available receiver today (with Colston signing and behind Jackson), that's probably not an overpay. $21 million guaranteed is insane to me no matter who it is, though.

It's actually "only" $13.1 million guaranteed, but, I agree, it's WAY too much money for a receiver that didn't do shit with Peyton Manning throwing him the ball and when he did do shit, he did it because his terrible QBs were throwing him the ball SIGNIFICANTLY more than any other receiver on the team.

It's a bad signing in my opinion, but his contract, like all the ones we've signed so far, have a 2 year out clause that makes it easy to cut them with little repercussions.

ram29jackson
03-14-2012, 08:05 PM
It's actually "only" $13.1 million guaranteed, but, I agree, it's WAY too much money for a receiver that didn't do shit with Peyton Manning throwing him the ball and when he did do shit, he did it because his terrible QBs were throwing him the ball SIGNIFICANTLY more than any other receiver on the team.

It's a bad signing in my opinion, but his contract, like all the ones we've signed so far, have a 2 year out clause that makes it easy to cut them with little repercussions.

he's a pro, he caught balls thrown to him, that does not equal that he sucks LOL

steelerfan
03-15-2012, 01:31 AM
These numbers come out, then later the details are leaked and you find that the "guaranteed" money is not as high as originally reported (though it's not widely reported and you have to seek out that info).

Often, the initial reports of guaranteed money include future roster bonuses and the like. That sort of money is not really guaranteed at all.

That said, the Redskins and overpaying go together like shit and stink.

Here's a blog post that explains precisely what I was talking about with "guaranteed" money. It breaks down a couple of the latest WR contacts in Jackson and Garcon.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/03/looking-at-the-desean-jackson-pierre-garcon-contract-numbers/

morsdraconis
03-15-2012, 04:17 AM
Here's a blog post that explains precisely what I was talking about with "guaranteed" money. It breaks down a couple of the latest WR contacts in Jackson and Garcon.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/03/looking-at-the-desean-jackson-pierre-garcon-contract-numbers/

Here's the actual breakdown of his contract, minus a few unknowns at the moment:

Reported - signed to a 5 year, $43.5m deal with $20.5m in guarantees.

REAL guaranteed money = $13.1m
$11m SB
$2.1m base salary in 2012 guaranteed

65% of the contract value ($27.6m) is in the first 3 years.

His 2013 base salary of $5.6m is guaranteed IF he is on the roster on the third day of the 2013 league year

Cap Hits:
2012 - $4.300m
2013 - $8.800m
2014 - $10.100m (approx)
2015 - $9.700m (approx)
2016 - $9.700m (approx)

Still a couple more details to come on this to finish it but the essential infor we have already.

It's definitely not AS bad as originally stated, but I definitely don't care for how much he could possibly make if they feel he's worth it past the first year (since his contract isn't guaranteed at all until the 3rd day of the 2013 season).

ram29jackson
03-15-2012, 04:09 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Official statement from Redskins front office

Quote:
“The Washington Redskins have received no written documentation from the NFL concerning adjustments to the team salary cap in 2012 as reported in various media outlets. Every contract entered into by the club during the applicable periods complied with the 2010 and 2011 collective bargaining agreements and, in fact, were approved by the NFL commissioner’s office. We look forward to free agency, the draft and the coming football season.”

from another site I was at

SmoothPancakes
03-15-2012, 06:54 PM
And that site is? "From another site I was at" doesn't tell me if it's a believable source or not.

morsdraconis
03-15-2012, 07:00 PM
It's most definitely a believable source. If they received written requests not to do what they did, the NFLPA would be able to sue the NFL into the stone age for colluding with one another to lower the amount of money spent on players.

The NFL held the NFLPA hostage. They said, we either penalize these two teams this amount of money, or we don't raise the cap at all and therefore less money could theoretically be spent on players (even though that idea is COMPLETE bullshit because you have teams like San Francisco, Tennessee, and Buffalo that barely reach the cap floor, much less spend their allowed cap money - funny thing is, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers actually spent less than they were allowed to last year so that they could carry some of their cap savings over to this year to spend ridiculous amounts of it; which, btw, is against the CBA, but, do they get punished for it? Nope).

steelerfan
03-15-2012, 07:25 PM
But isn't this "penalty" resulting in MORE money to the players, not less?

My understanding was that every team not named Washington or Dallas was simply getting $1.6 M of additional cap space to use, as they see fit, over the next 2 years while the penalized teams get no benefit or real penalty. Am I missing something?

morsdraconis
03-15-2012, 07:32 PM
But isn't this "penalty" resulting in MORE money to the players, not less?

My understanding was that every team not named Washington or Dallas was simply getting $1.6 M of additional cap space to use, as they see fit, over the next 2 years while the penalized teams get no benefit or real penalty. Am I missing something?

The money they got was the "fined" money from Washington and Dallas split between the 30 other teams.

The NFL wasn't going to increase the cap unless Washington and Dallas were fined, thus, they conned the NFLPA to sign off on them doing what they did saying some shit about competitive balance or some bullshit. Like the competitive balance Tampa Bay, San Francisco, Jacksonville, and several other teams "enjoy" by BARELY spending over the cap floor so that their greedy fuckin' owners can pocket the rest of the money? :smh:

steelerfan
03-15-2012, 07:37 PM
The money they got was the "fined" money from Washington and Dallas split between the 30 other teams.

The NFL wasn't going to increase the cap unless Washington and Dallas were fined, thus, they conned the NFLPA to sign off on them doing what they did saying some shit about competitive balance or some bullshit. Like the competitive balance Tampa Bay, San Francisco, Jacksonville, and several other teams "enjoy" by BARELY spending over the cap floor so that their greedy fuckin' owners can pocket the rest of the money? :smh:

So does Washington have to stay $18 M under the cap for the next 2 years too? And Dallas $5 M under?

morsdraconis
03-15-2012, 07:40 PM
So does Washington have to stay $18 M under the cap for the next 2 years too? And Dallas $5 M under?

It's just money added to their cap expenditures.

Dallas has pussied out of the fight against the NFL, but, all signs point to Daniel Snyder bringing in ridiculously high priced lawyers to lay the smackdown if the CBA route with some special judicial system doesn't work in our favor.

JeffHCross
03-15-2012, 08:03 PM
And that site is? "From another site I was at" doesn't tell me if it's a believable source or not.The source was Bruce Allen, Redskins GM. Gotta love quoting without sourcing.

The most damning thing about Garcon, whether he was the #2 available receiver or not, is that he's below the league average catch rate every season so far. That doesn't bode well with a rookie QB.

So does Washington have to stay $18 M under the cap for the next 2 years too? And Dallas $5 M under?Assuming the reports of the $36M/$10M were true, then the Redskins and Cowboys were given the option of spreading the fine over this year and the next, however they wish. They could have ate the whole $36M in year one, or waited to eat it in year two. Or spread it as they wish.

if the CBA route with some special judicial system doesn't work in our favor.According to ESPN's legal guy, the CBA doesn't give the Skins (or Cowboys) many outs on this one. So it might have to be an anti-trust suit rather than a CBA-related ruling. I don't see (even) Snyder doing that unless he's incredibly confident.

SmoothPancakes
03-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Adam Schefter
WR Eddie Royal agreed to terms with the Chargers.

Really Eddie? That's some bull.

SmoothPancakes
03-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Well, the Broncos may have lost Eddie Royal, but Peyton Manning is scheduled to officially work out in person in Denver for Broncos officials, including John Elway.

ram29jackson
03-16-2012, 01:52 PM
the Manning Combines are in full effect LOL

and it looks like Miami is out of it and..the 49ers are in :confused: :drool:

ram29jackson
03-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Maybe he knows Manning is still hurt and won't make opening day.

Wayne was a shocker. I did figure he'd follow Manning, or just go somewhere else.

this is a business,..why we would he want to play with Manning? that would mean less money for him I'm sure.

he already has a SB win, its about money/getting paid now. Its not always about winning..you dont want to move again.. or get use to something else..just get paid to work out and play some ball till you cant anymore...

jaymo76
03-18-2012, 12:31 PM
I'm shocked to see how many players my Raiders have cut. Losing Wimbley and Boss really suck as I really personally liked the two of them. Cost cutting measures will really give Oakland a different look next season.

JeffHCross
03-18-2012, 01:48 PM
this is a business,..why we would he want to play with Manning?He's a wide receiver. Why wouldn't he want to play with Manning? If it would have had any significant impact on his contract, I would have been surprised. He could have gotten paid just fine to go with Peyton.

ram29jackson
03-18-2012, 08:54 PM
WR Manningham signs with 49ers..uh oh,..how bad do they want Manning ? How bad? drool))

baseballplyrmvp
03-18-2012, 10:44 PM
WR Manningham signs with 49ers..uh oh,..how bad do they want Manning ? How bad? drool))lol....just imagine if san fran loses out on manning, and then alex smith goes to miami. :D

cant wait to see how flynn does up here. if he's not the starter going into week 1, i'll be disappointed.

SmoothPancakes
03-18-2012, 10:46 PM
lol....just imagine if san fran loses out on manning, and then alex smith goes to miami. :D

cant wait to see how flynn does up here. if he's not the starter going into week 1, i'll be disappointed.

:D

Marlowe
03-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Manning to Broncos being reported...if true Xmas came early for me this year. :))

psusnoop
03-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Manning to Broncos being reported...if true Xmas came early for me this year. :))

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827b2043/article/peyton-manning-will-sign-a-deal-with-the-broncos?campaign=Twitter_news

steelerfan
03-19-2012, 11:11 AM
ESPN News - Source: Peyton Manning tells agent to open negotiations with Broncos

ESPN NFL - Sources: Broncos will try to trade QB Tim Tebow if team signs Peyton Manning

skipwondah33
03-19-2012, 11:17 AM
It was a nice run Tebow

In other news I think San Fran will be fine if Smith walks. Kaepernick can manage games like he did last season.

ram29jackson
03-19-2012, 11:19 AM
yep, as said from beginning. He stayed away from brothers NFC

JBHuskers
03-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Someone wasn't happy at Peyton signing with the Broncos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEb4diOgNvw&feature=player_embedded

skipwondah33
03-19-2012, 01:33 PM
What makes it funnier is the screenshot before you even click play for the video lol

psuexv
03-19-2012, 02:14 PM
michaelombardi: So to recap correctly, Laron Landry has agreed to a contract with the NY Jets

And the Jets add another player to try and help them beat Tom Brady.

SmoothPancakes
03-19-2012, 03:54 PM

:nod: :nod: :nod: Never had any doubt he'd come to Bronco Country. Can't wait for next season.

skipwondah33
03-19-2012, 03:55 PM
michaelombardi: So to recap correctly, Laron Landry has agreed to a contract with the NY Jets

And the Jets add another player to try and help them beat Tom Brady.Think this is actually a solid move by them barring he can stay healthy. He can play down in the box like the Jets like to employ with their Safeties.

SmoothPancakes
03-19-2012, 04:03 PM
I wonder how Eddie Royal feels now, leaving a decent WR corps for the Chargers, only to have Peyton Manning come to Denver days after he leaves.

JBHuskers
03-19-2012, 04:06 PM
I wonder how Eddie Royal feels now, leaving a decent WR corps for the Chargers, only to have Peyton Manning come to Denver days after he leaves.

On top of that, he won't get as wide open with the team no longer having Vincent Jackson, and now Tolbert signed with the Panthers. I'm guessing he's saying OH SHIT right now.

SmoothPancakes
03-19-2012, 04:17 PM
On top of that, he won't get as wide open with the team no longer having Vincent Jackson, and now Tolbert signed with the Panthers. I'm guessing he's saying OH SHIT right now.

Yep. :D He went from what would have been a golden situation had he waited a week longer or simply just stayed. Maybe it'll work out for him, but right now, it looks like he made a huge mistake leaving for the Chargers.

bdoughty
03-19-2012, 04:39 PM
I have never been a Peyton Manning fan, unless he was playing against the Patriots. How funny would it be if the Broncos fail to make the playoffs this year.

Very

ryby6969
03-19-2012, 04:47 PM
If he is healthy, that is very unlikely in that division. Going against Oak, KC, and SD twice each? Add into the fact that his defense should be one of the best he has had in his career. I like his chances.

steelerfan
03-19-2012, 05:32 PM
To be fair, Rivers has won 4 of his last 5 against Peyton, including 2 in the playoffs.

SmoothPancakes
03-19-2012, 05:39 PM
To be fair, Rivers has won 4 of his last 5 against Peyton, including 2 in the playoffs.

Yeah, but the Colts haven't exactly been known for their outstanding defense. The defense is by far the best unit for the Broncos. Offense is good and with Peyton will be even better, but it's been defense that has been the #1 unit for the Broncos in the past couple years. Combine the two, and I think Peyton and the Broncos can take on Rivers.

ryby6969
03-19-2012, 05:40 PM
And we seen this past year how good of a team Manning has had around him. I think this will be the best supporting cast Peyton has had around him in close to 5 years.

steelerfan
03-19-2012, 05:49 PM
Of the 4 previous 2-time MVP QBs to switch teams (Unitas, Favre, Warner, Montana) none has gone on to win a championship or last more than 2 seasons. We'll see if this time is different.

Don't get me wrong, if healthy, Manning makes the Broncos the favorite in the AFC West. But I wouldn't be stunned if any of the 4 teams (except maybe the Raiders) won the division next year.

ryby6969
03-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Honestly, I think KC will be their biggest challenge. I do not think very highly of Norv Turner, so I would not put any faith in him. The Raiders are, well the Raiders. We will see how much of a difference it makes with Davis being gone. Again, none of this will matter if he does not get healthy and stay healthy.

jaymo76
03-19-2012, 06:48 PM
Well as a Raiders fan I'm not super happy to see Manning go to Denver. Overall, I am still in 100% shock that Manning wants to go to Denver... the Tebow thing will really hang over his head if he struggles. So now the question becomes... who wants Tebow???

SmoothPancakes
03-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Well as a Raiders fan I'm not super happy to see Manning go to Denver. Overall, I am still in 100% shock that Manning wants to go to Denver... the Tebow thing will really hang over his head if he struggles. So now the question becomes... who wants Tebow???

Personally, I think the Broncos should keep Tebow. If Manning were to get reinjured or some sort of setback in his rehab, what are they gonna do? Literally, the only QBs they have right now are Tebow and Adam Weber, a rookie from Minnesota. If god forbid something happened to Manning, we would be FUCKED at QB.

JeffHCross
03-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Personally, I think the Broncos should keep Tebow.Unless Tebow can suddenly run a Peyton Manning-style offense, no way. You don't want to switch your entire playbook just for your backup. He could be useful in package situations, but as a backup? No way.

SmoothPancakes
03-19-2012, 08:18 PM
Unless Tebow can suddenly run a Peyton Manning-style offense, no way. You don't want to switch your entire playbook just for your backup. He could be useful in package situations, but as a backup? No way.

Yeah, but you have to have someone decent as a backup, at least Tebow has shown he can do some stuff. The Broncos literally have no one. They have Tebow and some random rookie, that's it. If they get rid of Tebow, who do they pickup?

steelerfan
03-19-2012, 08:22 PM
Yeah, but you have to have someone decent as a backup, at least Tebow has shown he can do some stuff. The Broncos literally have no one. They have Tebow and some random rookie, that's it. If they get rid of Tebow, who do they pickup?

There are plenty of backups available.

SmoothPancakes
03-19-2012, 08:26 PM
There are plenty of backups available.

As long as they're good backups. If Manning should happen to get injured again or have a setback with his rehab, I don't want some no talent scrub as our only hope at QB.

JeffHCross
03-19-2012, 09:15 PM
As long as they're good backups.You could get Jake Delhomme, Kerry Collins or even the great Curtis Painter!

There are some decent options, though nothing to write home about. Adam Weber isn't a bad QB by any means, especially if Peyton is able to teach him some things in the offseason.

The Broncos could also get a late round QB as an insurance policy. Kellen Moore, perhaps? Case Keenam?

SmoothPancakes
03-19-2012, 09:50 PM
You could get Jake Delhomme, Kerry Collins or even the great Curtis Painter!

There are some decent options, though nothing to write home about. Adam Weber isn't a bad QB by any means, especially if Peyton is able to teach him some things in the offseason.

The Broncos could also get a late round QB as an insurance policy. Kellen Moore, perhaps? Case Keenam?

Yeah, I'll admit I don't know much about Adam Weber, but I'm doubting he's a Tim Tebow, so he probably wouldn't be that great if he got thrown into action suddenly.

Drafting one would be an option, though as you said, it'd have to be a late rounder. If we waste another first round draft pick on yet another QB, when we have some other holes we could easily fill with a 1st round draft pick, I'm gonna :fp:.

ram29jackson
03-19-2012, 10:44 PM
Unless Tebow can suddenly run a Peyton Manning-style offense, no way. You don't want to switch your entire playbook just for your backup. He could be useful in package situations, but as a backup? No way.

um..did you forget? thats exactly what they did last season LOL they altered it and dumbed it down just for him..and beat the Steelers..with a pass play...:D

ram29jackson
03-19-2012, 10:52 PM

unimportant stat considering their individual histories. Rivers dont got nothing on Manning.

i'm kinda' upset..the Manning name would look much better on a SF jersey.
Broncos jerseys look a little boring/generic in a way..the big side stripe panel just doesnt do it for me :down: :D

steelerfan
03-19-2012, 10:57 PM
unimportant stat considering their individual histories. Rivers dont got nothing on Manning.

i'm kinda' upset..the Manning name would look much better on a SF jersey.
Broncos jerseys look a little boring/generic in a way..the big side stripe panel just doesnt do it for me :down: :D

http://img.tapatalk.com/62c401e2-0002-4436.jpg

ram29jackson
03-19-2012, 10:57 PM
? is Madden done with roster updates? :D

ram29jackson
03-19-2012, 10:59 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/62c401e2-0002-4436.jpg

:D thats classic that you found a red jersey ..and the socks are unique too

JBHuskers
03-20-2012, 10:12 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/tebowfriday.jpg

JBHuskers
03-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Hines Ward officially announces his retirement, says he'll "be a Steeler for life." :up:

psusnoop
03-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Hines Ward officially announces his retirement, says he'll "be a Steeler for life." :up:

:up: very happy he is retiring as a Steeler!

psuexv
03-20-2012, 11:44 AM
If he is healthy, that is very unlikely in that division. Going against Oak, KC, and SD twice each? Add into the fact that his defense should be one of the best he has had in his career. I like his chances.

I think they actually have a lot of questions on Defense going into this year. Don't quote me on that though.

ram29jackson
03-20-2012, 12:56 PM
I think they actually have a lot of questions on Defense going into this year. Don't quote me on that though.

what political office are you in the running for?

psuexv
03-20-2012, 01:30 PM
what political office are you in the running for?

Just thought I heard that but then couldn't remember if it was Denver or not.

JBHuskers
03-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Looks like they unretired #18? I never saw a story on that, but just saw this pic on Twitter:

http://c0014234.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_b940a8a

psuexv
03-20-2012, 01:36 PM
I've only seen that Tripuka said he wouldn't care if they did

JBHuskers
03-20-2012, 01:41 PM

Guess that means the question wasn't answered until just now.

bdoughty
03-20-2012, 02:14 PM

Spent his whole career in a dome, receivers are average at best, thin at RB position.

Someone did a little research and listed game by game how well Manning played in temps under 40 degrees. ESPN also has one but seems off since this guy actually posted each game, the temperature and the results.

Reg season:
7-7 record, 331-534, 3725, 21 TDs, 19 INTs, 81.1 rating
(only beat 4 teams w/ winning records at the time of the games)

Postseason:
0-3 record, 64-120, 612 yds, 1 TD, 7 INTs, 46.2 rating

Combined:
7-10 record, 395-654, 4337 yds, 22 TDs, 26 INTs, 74.7 rating

bdoughty
03-20-2012, 02:21 PM
No dates available yet but lots of potential cold games ahead and possibly only a a couple warm games on the road.

Blue is a potential cold game. Only one game in a dome this year for Peyton.

DENVER BRONCOS 2012 SCHEDULE

Dates to be announced

Home Games
KC Kansas City Chiefs (7-9)
OAK Oakland Raiders (8-8)
SD San Diego Chargers (8-8)
CLE Cleveland Browns (4-12)
PIT Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)
HOU Houston Texans (10-6)
NO New Orleans Saints (13-3)
TB Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-12)

Away Games
KC Kansas City Chiefs (7-9)
OAK Oakland Raiders (8-8)
SD San Diego Chargers (8-8)
BAL Baltimore Ravens (12-4)
CIN Cincinnati Bengals (9-7)
NE New England Patriots (13-3)
ATL Atlanta Falcons (10-6)
CAR Carolina Panthers (6-10)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTgz1orn1Xg

ryby6969
03-20-2012, 05:48 PM
All with a team BUILT for a Dome.

And it has been how long since he has had better than average receiver's and not thin at RB?

morsdraconis
03-20-2012, 06:00 PM
All with a team BUILT for a Dome.

And it has been how long since he has had better than average receiver's and not thin at RB?

You're insane if you think what they have in Denver is better than what the Colts had in Indy.

SmoothPancakes
03-20-2012, 06:16 PM

I read a story that Tripuka said he would be happy to see #18 unretired so Peyton could wear it, that he hope the Broncos would do something, either unretire temporarily or permanently so Manning could wear it during his time with Denver.

ryby6969
03-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Austin Collie? Jacob Tamme? Blair White? Joseph Addai? We will see this year how good Garcon really is. Wayne and Clark were the main threats and Clark cannot stay on the field. He will have two huge targets in Decker and Thomas and I find it hard to believe they will not do something either via FA or the Draft to get more weapons. Not to mention if they trade Tebow what they might get for him. Two years ago he was throwing to people who could not start on most D1 college teams because of injuries and you are telling me it is better than what they have in Denver? That does not even count what he was dealing with on the O-line.

ram29jackson
03-20-2012, 06:54 PM
in and out of dome is a pointless discussion and proves nothing..people may have tendencies,but it cant be proven and doesnt matter from/for most individuals. Manning will/can be just as successful if he stays healthy..hopefully he makes this real interesting..and no one has said anything yet that Tebow is gone ..and all the arguements for it are just arm chair fodder

steelerfan
03-20-2012, 07:14 PM
The Tex-anns traded DeMeco Ryans to Philly. So they have lost 2/4 of their LBs and 2/5 of their OL. 5 starters in all, I believe.

I don't think any of it will be a deathblow to Houston in a crappy division, but wow. Way to hold it together.

JeffHCross
03-20-2012, 08:18 PM
um..did you forget? thats exactly what they did last season LOL they altered it and dumbed it down just for himNo. They completely changed their offense just for him. You can't do that at halftime when Peyton's laid out with an injury. You're sure as hell not going to devote time every week in practice to practice two different playbooks.

If Peyton was laid out for weeks or months and Tebow was the full-time starter, then the Broncos could change it up. But as the backup, who is usually expected to run a reasonably similar (if smaller) offensive package? No way.

in and out of dome is a pointless discussion and proves nothing..No more pointless than what color his jersey will be and whether or not there is a side panel.

Playing inside/outside a dome has a tangible impact on gameplay. How can you just dismiss that? I do agree it proves nothing. Every discussion in March proves nothing!

and no one has said anything yet that Tebow is gone ..Elway all but did say it.

JBHuskers
03-20-2012, 10:26 PM
You're insane if you think what they have in Denver is better than what the Colts had in Indy.

Offensively no, defensively yes.

ram29jackson
03-20-2012, 11:00 PM
No. They completely changed their offense just for him. You can't do that at halftime when Peyton's laid out with an injury. You're sure as hell not going to devote time every week in practice to practice two different playbooks.

If Peyton was laid out for weeks or months and Tebow was the full-time starter, then the Broncos could change it up. But as the backup, who is usually expected to run a reasonably similar (if smaller) offensive package? No way.

No more pointless than what color his jersey will be and whether or not there is a side panel.

Playing inside/outside a dome has a tangible impact on gameplay. How can you just dismiss that? I do agree it proves nothing. Every discussion in March proves nothing!

Elway all but did say it.

:D outside or dome doesnt tell you who the team is, the uniform does. So the side panel is a hell of alot more relevant..and cleaner indoors :D

"all but did say it" is another phrase that means nothing :D

and all this talk of where could he possibly go?..thats simple,... the Panthers

anyone see/hear part of the press conference where Manning said Champ bailey was blowing up his phone with messages :nod:

JeffHCross
03-20-2012, 11:45 PM
"all but did say it" is another phrase that means nothing :DDenver Post: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20216515/tim-tebows-career-broncos-nearly-over-john-elway#ixzz1piud4Dp5

"I would love to be able to do that just because of the type of guy that Tim Tebow is and where he is in his career. Coming off of last year, the competiive side that he is," Elway said.

"It would be our goal to get him in the best situation possible for him to have success also."Doesn't sound like "he's staying here". Sounds more like "he's staying here only if we can't find something 'better' for him".

ram29jackson
03-21-2012, 12:10 AM
Denver Post: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20216515/tim-tebows-career-broncos-nearly-over-john-elway#ixzz1piud4Dp5
Doesn't sound like "he's staying here". Sounds more like "he's staying here only if we can't find something 'better' for him".

:) Dude, I'm aware of what may well happen, I'm just kidding around. Its his life ,not mine , I dont care what he does
and wont waste my time researching every comment I make or he makes either. This is forum fun. I'll worry about sources etc when it matters. ...ive only watched the NFL network and Southland all night LOL

SmoothPancakes
03-21-2012, 12:12 AM
:fp:

steelerfan
03-21-2012, 12:24 AM
It's outdated, but maybe this will keep ram busy for awhile so he can stop with the :fp: -inducing comments.

http://img.tapatalk.com/62c401e2-6559-658e.jpg

Maybe ram can make an updated one that would include the Jets and a wrist watch, cell phone, a pair of Crocs and a dong as additional Brett-cessories.

SmoothPancakes
03-21-2012, 12:29 AM
:D :D :D

ram29jackson
03-21-2012, 03:51 AM
:D sorry Steelerfan

but I was busy doing this instead, in honor of Manning going to the Broncos.
..I have since altered the white uni' stripes to something that looks more like the Colts..but anyway,heres a couple alternates for the Unitas U. Broncos :D

http://i.imgur.com/m6atV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/261Gb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/X28cw.jpg

psuexv
03-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Tebow to the Jets for a 4th rounder

psuexv
03-21-2012, 12:02 PM
The Tex-anns traded DeMeco Ryans to Philly. So they have lost 2/4 of their LBs and 2/5 of their OL. 5 starters in all, I believe.

I don't think any of it will be a deathblow to Houston in a crappy division, but wow. Way to hold it together.

Exactly why I thought Peyton was going to Tennessee. He could have easily dominated that division, more so I think than the AFC West

JBHuskers
03-21-2012, 12:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/X28cw.jpg

Wow, what kind of drug is that horse on?

steelerfan
03-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Sean Payton suspended for the entire 2012 season. Wow.

JBHuskers
03-21-2012, 12:25 PM
Sean Payton suspended for the entire 2012 season. Wow.

Greg Williams suspended indefinitely too, along with two 2nd round picks.

CLW
03-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Tebow to the Jets for a 4th rounder

Man I HATE the Jets but love me some Tebow. Just when I told the wife I wanted the new Tebow jersey. :fp:

Elway must REALLY hate Tebow to send him to that lockerroom and that city. :smh:

Here is to hoping on snap 1 of the season Manning drops back to pass, gets CRUSHED snapping his neck in two ending his career and leaving the Broncos in shambles. :nod:

morsdraconis
03-21-2012, 01:21 PM

The Jets?! REALLY?

:smh:

Talk about an organization that is completely and utterly retarded. Trade for one shitty QB when you already have a QB that can't do shit.

psusnoop
03-21-2012, 01:21 PM
I can just picture it now, Rex Ryan telling Tim Tebow "ear muffs"

psusnoop
03-21-2012, 01:23 PM
They had players calling out Sanchez last year, I can only imagine what they'll say when they see Timmy throwing the rock.

steelerfan
03-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Man I HATE the Jets but love me some Tebow. Just when I told the wife I wanted the new Tebow jersey. :fp:

Elway must REALLY hate Tebow to send him to that lockerroom and that city. :smh:

Here is to hoping on snap 1 of the season Manning drops back to pass, gets CRUSHED snapping his neck in two ending his career and leaving the Broncos in shambles. :nod:

This is full of :fp:

ram29jackson
03-21-2012, 02:34 PM
the Jets may be getting Tebow purely to trade him...or, the media makes such a big deal about the Jets seeming to be so non-team oriented that they are bringing in an extreme team guy LOL.

I doubt the Jets are in such disarray as the media wants to project. I'm sure the ship is being righted this off season. And I wouldnt call Sanchez that bad when youve been a game away from the big game twice.

LOL at Goodell, acting like its such an unexpected tragedy (Saints) and if its only a $500,000 dollar fine, thats not that harsh...i'm aware of the suspensions, I'm just saying $500,ooo aint that much.

the fact is, it was this motivation that got them to the Super Bowl...thats football.

steelerfan
03-21-2012, 02:40 PM
ESPN NFL - Broncos, Jets encounter hangup in language of Tim Tebow's contract, could nullify trade (Schefter)

ram29jackson
03-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Wow, what kind of drug is that horse on?

I originally used this for a team called the Wild LOL

and I made the eyes red on purpose just to look more fierce

ram29jackson
03-21-2012, 02:42 PM
ESPN NFL - Broncos, Jets encounter hangup in language of Tim Tebow's contract, could nullify trade (Schefter)

they-Denver- wanted a 5 million dollar check along with it

steelerfan
03-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Per Adam Schefter, the Broncos are now giving Tebow a choice between Jets or Jags in a potential trade.

ram29jackson
03-21-2012, 07:57 PM
Per Adam Schefter, the Broncos are now giving Tebow a choice between Jets or Jags in a potential trade.

and the Jets get him....very interesting

baseballplyrmvp
03-21-2012, 08:16 PM
jets get tebow and this year's 7th round pick from the broncos for this year's jets 4th and 6th round picks.

baseballplyrmvp
03-21-2012, 10:58 PM
apparently the bengals cheerleaders are a divided bunch. (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-oldest-cheerleader-explains-breast-implants-divide-locker-150005339.html;_ylt=AjcjbQd.hW2yBSxWEaIchKM5nYcB)

JBHuskers
03-21-2012, 11:17 PM
apparently the bengals cheerleaders are a divided bunch. (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-oldest-cheerleader-explains-breast-implants-divide-locker-150005339.html;_ylt=AjcjbQd.hW2yBSxWEaIchKM5nYcB)

43 year old with a 63 year old face...

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/BY82lY_UTJ4m7Wb_fo2Jww--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/bengals-cheerleader.jpg

psusnoop
03-22-2012, 07:07 AM
Perfect example of when ZERO eye contact is acceptable :D

ryby6969
03-22-2012, 07:12 AM
Or doggystyle.

psusnoop
03-22-2012, 07:41 AM
Or doggystyle.

psusnoop
03-22-2012, 07:42 AM
So the Broncos let Tebow choose his team between the Jets and Jags.

The differences were the Jags were willing to give the Broncos 500K more (3 Million) and a better 4th rounder. To me this just seems silly that the Broncos didn't take the best deal out there. I can't seem to wrap my head around this right now :smh:

skipwondah33
03-22-2012, 07:52 AM
I can just picture it now, Rex Ryan telling Tim Tebow "ear muffs"lmao

baseballplyrmvp
03-22-2012, 08:23 AM
43 year old with a 63 year old face...when she's dancing in front of me, i'm not gonna be staring at her face.

skipwondah33
03-22-2012, 08:46 AM
Her face isn't actually all that bad for her age IMO. The tanning likely doesn't help

psusnoop
03-22-2012, 09:41 AM
LMAO I'm sure Timmy wouldn't approve of that language Rex :D

http://bustedcoverage.com/2012/03/22/rex-ryan-getting-tebowed-in-baton-rouge-last-night-video/

NatureBoy
03-22-2012, 10:26 AM
:fp: With Tebow now in New York, ESPN will be in 24/7 knob slobbering mode over him. It's going to be worse than last season.

morsdraconis
03-22-2012, 11:15 AM
:fp: With Tebow now in New York, ESPN will be in 24/7 knob slobbering mode over him. It's going to be worse than last season.

That's why I don't watch ESPN unless I absolutely must (WVU Football, basketball, or, very seldomly, PTI or Around The Horn). Sportscenter makes me want to kill people.

psusnoop
03-22-2012, 12:01 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/thumbs/picture/832213/82398752.jpg

steelerfan
03-22-2012, 01:59 PM

JBHuskers
03-22-2012, 02:08 PM
If you weren't convinced that Tebow is just a religious glory hog (i.e. making sure he finds the cameras to show him praying) ... choosing New York over Jacksonville just completely proves the fact that he's just that religious in front of a camera (like some other player had said previously). He'll get more exposure in New York even though he'll be playing less and getting paid less than if he went to JAX.

steelerfan
03-22-2012, 02:32 PM
If you weren't convinced that Tebow is just a religious glory hog (i.e. making sure he finds the cameras to show him praying) ... choosing New York over Jacksonville just completely proves the fact that he's just that religious in front of a camera (like some other player had said previously). He'll get more exposure in New York even though he'll be playing less and getting paid less than if he went to JAX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNyyjf6L1j4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ram29jackson
03-22-2012, 03:03 PM

in all seriousness, that is such a false statement. Him going to NY doesnt prove anything in that regard.

yesterday was the RG III combine, today is the Luck combine. the NFL network and ESPN are just showing the world Lucks work out today...tv is nuts these days LOL

bdoughty
03-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Or you could easily flip that around by guesstimating there is a larger group of non-believers to spread his word to. I find it a tad disingenuous to question Tebow's faith based on his previous works.

http://jax-cdn.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/lead_photo_wide/10823239.jpg

That fraud, building a hospital in the Philippines and helping orphaned and underprivileged children all his life with his parents. String that hypocrite up. :fp:

Something about glass houses and throwing stones comes to mind here.

ram29jackson
03-22-2012, 04:35 PM
dont forget circumcisions :sick:something I would never do...I still say he should have been a Panther

NatureBoy
03-22-2012, 05:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YWJkz.jpg

steelerfan
03-22-2012, 07:03 PM

I don't know how I missed this, but I just heard a quote from Mark Schlereth from last November (I think). He said that sometimes when he watches Tim Tebag in practice he thinks, "are you SURE you're left handed?"

bdoughty
03-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Keeping it classy as always. Not that I would expect anything less than from the same few people who continually spill their hatred for Tim and resort to childish name calling. Maybe save up all that venom for someone who is more deserving.

morsdraconis
03-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Keeping it classy as always. Not that I would expect anything less than from the same few people who continually spill their hatred for Tim and resort to childish name calling. Maybe save up all that venom for someone who is more deserving.

Really? This shit again?

Seriously. The dude sucks at QBing a football team. Wins. Loses. Whatever. His numbers, as a QB, are on par with guys that played the game before throwing the ball as a QB was a good idea. That's how bad of a QB he is.

If it wasn't for the story of all this shit, the dude would be out of a job already. He's a distraction. Just like Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, and Chad Johnson are distractions. On the outside, players may act like they love being around him and all that bullshit, but, behind closed doors, they HATE that all reports ever ask them about is him. Do you think that the defensive players, the offensive line, and Willis McGahee wanted to answer questions after every single one of those wins about Tim Tebow when, in all reality, it was them that even made it where he had a fuckin' prayer of doing what he did? I guarantee you that they didn't.

baseballplyrmvp
03-22-2012, 07:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YWJkz.jpgi lol'd

ram29jackson
03-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Really? This shit again?

Seriously. The dude sucks at QBing a football team. Wins. Loses. Whatever. His numbers, as a QB, are on par with guys that played the game before throwing the ball as a QB was a good idea. That's how bad of a QB he is.

If it wasn't for the story of all this shit, the dude would be out of a job already. He's a distraction. Just like Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, and Chad Johnson are distractions. On the outside, players may act like they love being around him and all that bullshit, but, behind closed doors, they HATE that all reports ever ask them about is him. Do you think that the defensive players, the offensive line, and Willis McGahee wanted to answer questions after every single one of those wins about Tim Tebow when, in all reality, it was them that even made it where he had a fuckin' prayer of doing what he did? I guarantee you that they didn't.

LOL no, it means he's a throwback....proof you dont have to perfect to do things well..its funny, he was the one under center when the team won games and yet he is said to be worse then he was before he started...you dont need good stats or form, you just need to do the right thing at the right time.

.. I have been watching sports news all day..and its sad,the countless times I have heard young athletes keep saying " I mean" at the beginning of every sentence they say.

thats another reason people want Tebow, RG and Luck to succeed..they sound like smart,respectful adults when interviewed.

baseballplyrmvp
03-22-2012, 10:22 PM
why in the hell is our government trying to get involved in the nfl's bounty investigation?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7722853/new-orleans-saints-senator-dick-durbin-sets-hearing-bounties-nfl

SmoothPancakes
03-22-2012, 11:40 PM
why in the hell is our government trying to get involved in the nfl's bounty investigation?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7722853/new-orleans-saints-senator-dick-durbin-sets-hearing-bounties-nfl

Because there apparently is absolutely nothing else in this country that is wrong other than bounties in the NFL and warning labels on the covers of video games. :fp:

JBHuskers
03-23-2012, 12:06 PM
in all seriousness, that is such a false statement. Him going to NY doesnt prove anything in that regard.

You sure about that?

psuexv
03-23-2012, 12:07 PM
JasonLaCanfora: C Jeff Saturday well positioned to compete for Super Bowl, but won't be with Manning. Saturday has agreed to terms w/Packers

ram29jackson
03-23-2012, 12:29 PM
JasonLaCanfora: C Jeff Saturday well positioned to compete for Super Bowl, but won't be with Manning. Saturday has agreed to terms w/Packers

I like Saturday on the Packers...but I honestly dont think the Packers will be as good as the last 2 years this time.

JBHuskers
03-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Tim Tebow NYJ jersey sales were 400% greater than Peyton Manning DEN jersey sales currently :fp:

ram29jackson
03-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Tim Tebow NYJ jersey sales were 400% greater than Peyton Manning DEN jersey sales currently :fp:

you forgot to mention that because of that, they are also selling for a few dollars more than Sanchez...I just heard on local radio...no one cares about his stats, its because an innocent young man of character is getting publicity,there isnt a damn thing wrong with promoting that to your children..even if/when he makes a mistake in life..it wont be as bizarre as a gun in his pants or drugs in his car..he's winning games with 1940s football skills, so what ? deal with it LOL

JBHuskers
03-23-2012, 04:25 PM
As always, you completely missed the point :D

SmoothPancakes
03-23-2012, 09:32 PM

I hope you're not surprised. :D

steelerfan
03-23-2012, 10:00 PM
As always

I hope you're not surprised. :D

Doesn't sound like he is. :)

ram29jackson
03-23-2012, 10:22 PM

No, i didnt miss your point/angle.
You think its a negative.

jaymo76
03-24-2012, 09:30 PM

That statement just makes me sad. Look at Manning, his body of work, the records, et al. Tebow is seemingly a good person with a hell of a lot of luck and very minimal natural QUARTERBACKING skills. There are so many exciting NFL storylines out there yet a backup NYJ Qb gets all the attention.:(

ram29jackson
03-25-2012, 05:26 AM
That statement just makes me sad. Look at Manning, his body of work, the records, et al. Tebow is seemingly a good person with a hell of a lot of luck and very minimal natural QUARTERBACKING skills. There are so many exciting NFL storylines out there yet a backup NYJ Qb gets all the attention.:(

because millions of people/women saw him say that meeting a kid with medical problems or what ever was more important than winning or losing a game...he is more popular for the human he is then the football player he is..its that simple.

:D haters gonna' hate

JeffHCross
03-25-2012, 01:39 PM
There are so many exciting NFL storylines out there yet a backup NYJ Qb gets all the attention.:(There's also something to be said for New York versus Denver. Plus, the Jets fans are probably snatching up those jerseys out of "hope".

ram29jackson
03-25-2012, 11:31 PM
There's also something to be said for New York versus Denver. Plus, the Jets fans are probably snatching up those jerseys out of "hope".

huh ? no one buys jerseys out of hope..you buy it out of adulation.Nothing more,nothing less.

JBHuskers
03-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Sean Payton has reached out to Bill Parcells to coach the Saints in 2012. Very interesting.

ryby6969
03-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Sean Payton has reached out to Bill Parcells to coach the Saints in 2012. Very interesting.

Not sure how Parcells will match with the Saints. Parcell's coaching philosophy is completely different than what the Saints do.(especially on offense)

SmoothPancakes
03-26-2012, 12:29 PM
If there's a prop somewhere out there for the Saints not getting any further than the Divisional round, I'm all over that. The Saints are dead ducks in the playoffs next season (if they make it that far).

JBHuskers
03-26-2012, 12:34 PM
If there's a prop somewhere out there for the Saints not getting any further than the Divisional round, I'm all over that. The Saints are dead ducks in the playoffs next season (if they make it that far).

Denver jumped up from 25/1 to 8/1 just like that with Manning. So keep an eye out on something. Especially in the offseason those lines shift hard very easily.

JeffHCross
03-26-2012, 08:52 PM
huh ? no one buys jerseys out of hope..you buy it out of adulation. Nothing more,nothing less.Uhm ...... no. You buy the new jersey for the new player because you believe he'll make a difference. Not because you admire anything he's actually done for your team yet.