PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 11 Q&A Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 06:12 PM
I couldn't help but notice in the demo, that after the game is over, the 'play of the game,' is always the last play; I hope that has been reconciled in the retail version.

According to the demo to retail changes thread listed in the forums, it has been fixed.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?316-Updates-from-the-NCAA-Football-Demo-to-Retail

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 06:14 PM
JB just trying to get confirmation that multiple #s are available on O and D at the same time this year. Obviously, they immediately are there, but is it an option once they filter out or you change that initial player #?

JBHuskers
07-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Here's a question for the CD guys:

When do you believe EA starts to get cracking on NCAA Football '12? I'm sure they already have the "back of the box" features they want to implement but I was wondering when they actually sit down and start getting it together.

The process starts even before the release of 11.

JB just trying to get confirmation that multiple #s are available on O and D at the same time this year. Obviously, they immediately are there, but is it an option once they filter out or you change that initial player #?

You meaning the same person on offense of a team has the same number on the defense of that same team?

Geauxlden
07-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Not sure if you've been able to test this or not, but do new recruits show up in the offseason or was it taken out? If its still there, does the cpu actually offer them this year? Seemed like last year most of the bonus recruits didn't get a cpu offer until wk3 or wk4 of offseason, if at all.

I know there are a bunch of questions being asked, but I was hoping that someone could address my earlier question. If the info has been posted elsewhere, I apologize and would appreciate being redirected to it.

Geauxlden
07-11-2010, 07:15 PM

My guys who are working on rosters say no. The only duplicates are the ones that EA has preloaded on the game.

Rudy
07-11-2010, 07:21 PM
I think it's dumb for a commish to ban a certain play before the game is out! Quite frankly, having to have a laundry list of rules seems too hard to manage. Here's a rule - don't play like a loser if you find an exploit!

PigSooie
07-11-2010, 07:23 PM
I think it's dumb for a commish to ban a certain play before the game is out! Quite frankly, having to have a laundry list of rules seems too hard to manage. Here's a rule - don't play like a loser if you find an exploit!

Here, here! Good advice to all commissioners.

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 07:59 PM
The process starts even before the release of 11.

You meaning the same person on offense of a team has the same number on the defense of that same team?

Yes

Boucher
07-11-2010, 08:07 PM
In OD can you see other peoples uniforms? Also do they have the Qb wristband on the belt?

Potatoes002
07-11-2010, 08:14 PM
In OD can you see other peoples uniforms? Also do they have the Qb wristband on the belt?

Yes, that has been fixed. According to OS you can select the CPU team's uniforms in a Online Dynasty game too.

Boucher
07-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Yes, that has been fixed. According to OS you can select the CPU team's uniforms in a Online Dynasty game too.

Why thank you potatoes

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Here, here! Good advice to all commissioners.

mundo
07-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Have you guys had a chance to play against any of the option teams (Hum vs CPU) to see how the CPU executes the option?

psusnoop
07-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Not myself yet, but man did Gschwendt make me look foolish last night :D

I might play G tech tonight, if no one lets you know I'll post what I come up with after the game later tonight (might be real late)

DrManateePhD
07-11-2010, 08:59 PM
This year do ATH's have the ability to play more than one position effectively or do their point spreads give you limited flexibility with them?

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Still waiting on that confirmation about the multiple #s. I was almost positive someone said they are in this year. But yeah, 2 players, same team, same #. 1 on Offense and 1 on Defense.

morsdraconis
07-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Still waiting on that confirmation about the multiple #s. I was almost positive someone said they are in this year. But yeah, 2 players, same team, same #. 1 on Offense and 1 on Defense.

I'm positive that this was confirmed as well.

Geauxlden
07-11-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm positive that this was confirmed as well.

Guys, once again duplicates can only exist in the game if EA has pre-programmed 2 guys with the same number. For example on the LSU roster they assigned both RB Spencer Ware and MLB Kelvin Sheppard #11 so that works. However, if I wanted to change Sheppard to a number that is already taken, say #9, I would not be able to do so. That has been confirmed multiple times by my OS friends who are working on the 360 rosters.

JeffHCross
07-11-2010, 10:49 PM
I couldn't help but notice in the demo, that after the game is over, the 'play of the game,' is always the last play; I hope that has been reconciled in the retail version.That was only a problem on 360. It was listed as fixed, so I'd expect it to be so, particularly since the PS3 demo did it accurately.

Cipher 8
07-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Which is accurate... You're still using your own playbook IRL, yeah? Most definitely. But in a video game, especially one your suppose to be taking over a team and run it your way, I'de love to be able to design my own playbook(s) and pick plays from all the different playbooks. Maybe have to choose 8 base formations, outside of the special teams and goalline default ones every team should have. Then like gameplan, be able to pick 15 plays for each formation or something. That would be cool.

Yes, it's a pretty awesome system. I was under the impression that the cpu gave you 3 plays to call though, based on your rating of them, instead of just calling the play for you. I thought you still had to make the choice, but you wouldn't need to go through the entire playbook to get there. Am I wrong on that though? Probably, outside of that article I haven't been following Madden too closely. That would be cool. Sorta like a Peyton Manning situation where his offensive coord. just gives him three plays and he chooses one or just audibles out to whatever the hell he wants :P

JeffHCross
07-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Yes, it's a pretty awesome system. I was under the impression that the cpu gave you 3 plays to call though, based on your rating of them, instead of just calling the play for you.I'm pretty sure that, with Gameflow turned on, the AI calls a single play like Road to Glory (except with enhancements).

In its place, an AI coach that calls those key plays for you and a coordinator who, over your headset, explains the finer points of what's happening on the field. Now, more than ever before, you are the QB.

Here's an example of an average possession. You field a punt from the end zone and take it to the twenty-yard line. After the defense tackles you, you're team immediately assembles at the line of scrimmage for a deep pass. Before the hike, the offensive coordinator's comes over your headphones, telling you to take five steps back, be patient and look for a receiver on the right. You complete the pass 20 yards down the field, lean into a tackle and the moment after your down the team lines up again.

delarge05
07-12-2010, 12:19 AM
Does the Live Weather feature work this yr?

Jayrah
07-12-2010, 12:45 AM
I'm pretty sure that, with Gameflow turned on, the AI calls a single play like Road to Glory (except with enhancements).

Ah, that does make more sense. I read it wrong.

psusnoop
07-12-2010, 07:40 AM
Does the Live Weather feature work this yr?

Thus far it has been working good for me but I really haven't played many games let alone outside of PSU LOL

CLW
07-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Wasn't sure if it was better to "bump" the Dynasty Wire thread or ask here so I'll do both:

Are there any sort of character limits for your stories/articles/recaps in Dynasty Wire? I know allot of guys like to get very deep in recapping their dynasty progress and write full blown articles.

HuskerBlitz
07-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Wasn't sure if it was better to "bump" the Dynasty Wire thread or ask here so I'll do both:

Are there any sort of character limits for your stories/articles/recaps in Dynasty Wire? I know allot of guys like to get very deep in recapping their dynasty progress and write full blown articles.

It's a good question to ask. I'm curious as well.

CLW
07-12-2010, 04:22 PM
It's a good question to ask. I'm curious as well.

Yeah I'm not sure how/why I didn't think to ask the question over a month ago when the feature was announced. My dynasty reports in the past have been several paragraphs long but I know some other "lengendary" guys go on for what seems like an eternity and write EXCELLENT articles and fully develop stories like they are a beat writer following their team.

gschwendt
07-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Not that I've seen at all, but I imagine if there is a limitation, it's probably in the neighborhood of 5000 characters or so. I've wrote somewhat lengthy recaps and articles and so far haven't ran into any issues.

CLW
07-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Not that I've seen at all, but I imagine if there is a limitation, it's probably in the neighborhood of 5000 characters or so. I've wrote somewhat lengthy recaps and articles and so far haven't ran into any issues.

That should probably suffice for my reporting "style". Others who knows. Then again, the guys that this issue probably will affect are also pretty "anal" about style and how the images and everything is alligned so they will probably do it on their own even with Dynasty Wire.

griffin2608
07-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Has anyone noticed if the 3-4 defense is effective this year. With the new blocking assignments I am hoping that it is because I love to run the 3-4

gschwendt
07-12-2010, 08:07 PM
I know this was asked by someone awhile back but I can confirm that progressive lighting is in fact by quarter.

morsdraconis
07-12-2010, 08:14 PM
I know this was asked by someone awhile back but I can confirm that progressive lighting is in fact by quarter.

Awesome!

That's definitely cool.

Aglemar
07-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Does anyone know if the promise "win verses rivals" for Teambuilder teams works this year?

fsuprime
07-12-2010, 08:21 PM
if anyone is messing around with simming ODs, anyone know if some of the 'promises' are broken? like offering certain promises last year, even if you fulfilled them, the player would transfer anyway.

HuskerBlitz
07-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Just thought of this...but does Nebraska have their 'throwback' uniforms in the game?

JeffHCross
07-13-2010, 12:13 PM
if anyone is messing around with simming ODs, anyone know if some of the 'promises' are broken? like offering certain promises last year, even if you fulfilled them, the player would transfer anyway.Like what? I didn't have any promises glitches in NCAA 10 ...

beartide06
07-13-2010, 12:28 PM
I posted this in another thread but I wanted to post it here so it will be known and hopefully be fixed. Ok guys, just found a really crazy glitch... I have no idea what play or playbook, but my friend is North Carolina and he was playing LSU. Well, the QB for LSU ran and slid and the ball fell out of his hands for a fumble. Here's where it gets crazy. The ball hits the turf and nobody can pick the ball up... They kick the ball around and dive at it for 3 minutes, and eventually my friend quits because nobody can pick it up. He recorded it on his phone. Just thought I'd put it out there to see if it may be able to be addressed.

fsuprime
07-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Like what? I didn't have any promises glitches in NCAA 10 ...

like my mlb wanted to transfer 2 straight years after i promised him playing time (and he started those 2 years) :)

fsuprime
07-13-2010, 02:39 PM
this is probably a dumb question but, how do i quick-sub at the play calling screen in ncaa 11? i do not see an option for it on the screen...

gschwendt
07-13-2010, 02:44 PM
this is probably a dumb question but, how do i quick-sub at the play calling screen in ncaa 11? i do not see an option for it on the screen...
Do you mean via packages or via Formation Subs? Packages is while looking at the formation, move the right stick left or right; you'll see hte package listed just above the formation art. If you mean Formation Subs, you can't do it from that screen, you have to pause the game and goto Strategy > Formation Subs; in a Dynasty, Formation Subs will be saved for you.

fsuprime
07-13-2010, 02:46 PM
ah thank you g, i meant the package subs, i found formation subs early on, but will have to wait and see how the different plays work to figure out who i want where etc... but package subs are still needed for when RBs get fatigued.

cdj
07-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Just thought of this...but does Nebraska have their 'throwback' uniforms in the game?

Nope. I think that most 'one time only' uniforms didn't get added unless the school asked specifically, unfortunately.

JBHuskers
07-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Nope. I think that most 'one time only' uniforms didn't get added unless the school asked specifically, unfortunately.

I think we still have our Steve Peterson special surrender whites though right? :D

HuskerBlitz
07-13-2010, 03:19 PM
I think we still have our Steve Peterson special surrender whites though right? :D

I looked it up today and Nebraska is 2-9 in all-white and 0-1 in all-red. Just means NU should stick with tradition.

JBHuskers
07-13-2010, 03:22 PM
I looked it up today and Nebraska is 2-9 in all-white and 0-1 in all-red. Just means NU should stick with tradition.

Yep there was a reason they were called Surrender Whites LOL

ebin
07-13-2010, 04:57 PM

You know what this forum needs? More Husker fans! :D

HuskerBlitz
07-13-2010, 05:03 PM
I'm sure that can be arranged. :cool:

SmoothPancakes
07-13-2010, 05:15 PM
You know what this forum needs? More Husker fans! :D

Please don't encourage them. :(

Bamafan3723
07-13-2010, 05:37 PM
1. How do you assign a fight song to a TeamBuilder team?

2. I noticed playing in an exhibition game with Alabama (me) vs. Auburn, with me being the home team, a generic fight song would play after a first down. I haven't added any songs but is there a way to keep generic fight songs from playing? I remember on the old PS2 versions the band would just play a drum cadence after a first down.

Cipher 8
07-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Okay under setting game controls there's the Helpers section.

I was wondering what Auto Sprint and Auto Strafe are on for and if I should turn them off or keep them on.

I know strafe as a d-lineman is Left Trigger (pull and hold) Then you move the L analog stick and you can go left or right while engaged in a block, which ables you to close some running lanes if you do it with a DT, for example.

What's the point of having autostrafe turned on? So you don't have to press and hold LT? But is there a negative to how your player moves or reacts when trying to shed blocks if you have autostrafe on?

Next is autosprint. Isn't it a negative to have that on cuz then your RB is sprinting from the get-go and I heard it's harder to do the moves like jukes and spins when your sprinting and it's better to hit the hole going normal speed wait for your blocks then manually do sprint by pressing and holding RT down when your in the open or just about to break away?

I guess I need to get someone else's opinions on these.

fsuprime
07-13-2010, 06:16 PM
one thing that i have noticed in off-season recruiting is that the cpu goes after the new players hard. One of the 4*s i added to my board has 11 scholarship offers.

HuskerBlitz
07-13-2010, 08:27 PM
1. How do you assign a fight song to a TeamBuilder team?

It must be by profile. For some reason, mine was already attached to my TB team.

souljahbill
07-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Has anyone figured out how to get multiple profiles? I tried using USER2 and USER3 but can't save those profiles separately from the main profile.

Cipher 8
07-14-2010, 01:28 AM
Okay under setting game controls there's the Helpers section.

I was wondering what Auto Sprint and Auto Strafe are on for and if I should turn them off or keep them on.

I know strafe as a d-lineman is Left Trigger (pull and hold) Then you move the L analog stick and you can go left or right while engaged in a block, which ables you to close some running lanes if you do it with a DT, for example.

What's the point of having autostrafe turned on? So you don't have to press and hold LT? But is there a negative to how your player moves or reacts when trying to shed blocks if you have autostrafe on?

Next is autosprint. Isn't it a negative to have that on cuz then your RB is sprinting from the get-go and I heard it's harder to do the moves like jukes and spins when your sprinting and it's better to hit the hole going normal speed wait for your blocks then manually do sprint by pressing and holding RT down when your in the open or just about to break away?

I guess I need to get someone else's opinions on these.
Anyone?

morsdraconis
07-14-2010, 02:14 AM
Anyone?

I haven't noticed any negative effects. Auto strafe seems to only kick in when you are in open space. Beyond that, I don't think it kicks in. I've never had an issue with my guy auto strafing while trying to weave through the pile to get to the runner or rushing the passer or anything like that.

SirHellraiser
07-14-2010, 06:36 AM
What is the chain link that is on some of the plays during the game Not sure what that means

souljahbill
07-14-2010, 07:11 AM
What is the chain link that is on some of the plays during the game Not sure what that means

It's a linked play. The play next to it should have a chain link too. Think of it like this. Let's say you run a HB Dive from that formation and you gain, 20 yards. Well, that'll set up the play next to it, which should be a play action pass. If the play is "set up" then it has a high chance (but not a 100% chance) of being successful. Understand?

SirHellraiser
07-14-2010, 07:23 AM
It's a linked play. The play next to it should have a chain link too. Think of it like this. Let's say you run a HB Dive from that formation and you gain, 20 yards. Well, that'll set up the play next to it, which should be a play action pass. If the play is "set up" then it has a high chance (but not a 100% chance) of being successful. Understand?

Yea thanks

SirHellraiser
07-14-2010, 07:34 AM
One more question When i put in the code for the online pass says i should have a few teambuilder slots But Its making pay for them

JBHuskers
07-14-2010, 08:45 AM
One more question When i put in the code for the online pass says i should have a few teambuilder slots But Its making pay for them

You automatically get 12 free. You have the option to purchase extra slots to total 120 for $10 though.

SirHellraiser
07-14-2010, 09:12 AM
You automatically get 12 free. You have the option to purchase extra slots to total 120 for $10 though.
I know you get 12 free but when i go to add my team its tells me i need to buy them

Cipher 8
07-14-2010, 12:14 PM
I haven't noticed any negative effects. Auto strafe seems to only kick in when you are in open space. Beyond that, I don't think it kicks in. I've never had an issue with my guy auto strafing while trying to weave through the pile to get to the runner or rushing the passer or anything like that.
So if I turned it off my linebacker (or w/e) would be out of position unless I'm strafing manually? Hmm... I guess I'll have to get use to it and see what I like best.

Any comments on the auto sprint? Anybody?

JBHuskers
07-14-2010, 12:25 PM
So if I turned it off my linebacker (or w/e) would be out of position unless I'm strafing manually? Hmm... I guess I'll have to get use to it and see what I like best.

My comment is I don't want to use it. I'd like to dictate when to sprint and when not to.

Cipher 8
07-14-2010, 12:26 PM
My comment is I don't want to use it. I'd like to dictate when to sprint and when not to.

That's what I've been thinking but I'm not an elite sports gamer so I don't want to be messing my self up from the beginning, is that what everyone does then? Anybody else?

souljahbill
07-14-2010, 12:39 PM
I auto-sprint

psusnoop
07-14-2010, 01:18 PM
I auto-sprint

I turned mine off as well as the auto strafe. I think like JB and I like to do things when I want to do them. It could be that I'm comfortable in doing them manually verse not but for me I like them both off.

Whit
07-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Quick ?- Anyone know how to get to camera angle to get closer AFTER you hit R2 to see the pass routes/running play blocks pre-snap? Seems like the camera stays far away from the LOS to me all the way up to the snap. Sorry if prev posted.

HuskerBlitz
07-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Quick ?- Anyone know how to get to camera angle to get closer AFTER you hit R2 to see the pass routes/running play blocks pre-snap? Seems like the camera stays far away from the LOS to me all the way up to the snap. Sorry if prev posted.

Try tapping R2 again. That works for me.

AustinWolv
07-14-2010, 01:50 PM

I turned off auto sprint for now, as I noticed during some practice stuff that I couldn't do moves downfield when auto sprint was on. I think I'll turn it back on during some live gameplay to see if I like it or not.

psusnoop
07-14-2010, 01:51 PM

I have had it "stick" zoomed out a couple of times for me as well. I think the one game online I playing someone running the pistol and it was always zoomed out for some reason.

Cipher 8
07-14-2010, 02:46 PM
I turned off auto sprint for now, as I noticed during some practice stuff that I couldn't do moves downfield when auto sprint was on. I think I'll turn it back on during some live gameplay to see if I like it or not.

That's what I was thinking. I remember reading somewhere before, and I read a lot of articles, that when your sprinting your jukes and spins and break tackle moves that make your RB evasive are not as effective. They said to not sprint into the line but rather coming out of the hole. Sorta like you slow down enterring a corner and speed coming out of one in racing. I guess I'll keep my auto sprint off because I want to be able to break tackles when I'm running inside and you can always press RT (It's a habit for me anyways) and use speed that way.

BTW I've become accustom to hold down LT and manually strafing so I think I'll keep that off as well. I find your able to turn and run faster with it off when your not holding down LT to manually strafe which allows for me to get to the ball quicker. It takes more practice to do effectively and I sometimes am out of position on coverage and the ball goes over the top of me but for the most part I just gotta practice and get better at it.

Nothingface
07-14-2010, 06:13 PM
I was under the impression that after each game, the cpu would automatically save pics and HIGHLIGHTS. All I see are pics......is this just for OD or did I misread?

souljahbill
07-14-2010, 06:17 PM
I was under the impression that after each game, the cpu would automatically save pics and HIGHLIGHTS. All I see are pics......is this just for OD or did I misread?

Only 5 pics. You get 5 more pics yourself (for a total of 10) and you have to do all the videos yourself. However, In Road to Glory, it'll save videos.

gschwendt
07-14-2010, 06:20 PM
For non-OD games, it will collect them, however you have to go into Manage Highlights & Videos after the game to tell it to actually save them. For OD games, it will automatically save them for you.

Bamafan3723
07-14-2010, 06:50 PM
It must be by profile. For some reason, mine was already attached to my TB team.
The only place I saw to add custom music was the Stadium sounds or whatever it's called. So do you have to assign the song to the stadium your Teambuilder team plays at? I didn't see anywhere to assign a fight song to a TB team, like you were able to do on PS2.

HuskerBlitz
07-14-2010, 06:54 PM
The only place I saw to add custom music was the Stadium sounds or whatever it's called. So do you have to assign the song to the stadium your Teambuilder team plays at? I didn't see anywhere to assign a fight song to a TB team, like you were able to do on PS2.

My user profile transferred over immediately upon putting '11 in. Maybe it was defaulting (as my school song is one of the old PS2 generic songs) and it just assigned that particular song. I'm not sure, but it played my school song on first downs and TDs without me manually doing anything. I'd have to look to see how I did it last year, but I remember you could only have one song for TB schools and you had to assign it to "All".

CLW
07-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Anyone know if you do a single team "online dynasty" if you can still win trophies that require a "solo Dynasty or Road to Glory season"?

UGA14
07-14-2010, 07:54 PM
You guys finding the game hard on All-American?

I'm hoping my last game was a fluke... I beat Clemson with Georgia 77-3 and passed for 600 yards on 28/32 passing and ran for an 8.5 average with 6 TDs on the ground.

I hope things get harder... lol

souljahbill
07-15-2010, 06:18 AM

Yes.

Trying playing as Ball State against Hawaii. :D

AustinWolv
07-15-2010, 07:35 AM

I'm hoping my last game was a fluke... I beat Clemson with Georgia 77-3 and passed for 600 yards on 28/32 passing and ran for an 8.5 average with 6 TDs on the ground.

Only been playing on Heisman. Only played one game on AA and thought it too easy.

SirHellraiser
07-15-2010, 07:58 AM
I created my team but when i go to the teambuilder it does not find it. What am I doing wrong

JBHuskers
07-15-2010, 10:12 AM
I created my team but when i go to the teambuilder it does not find it. What am I doing wrong

When you go to TeamBuilder in-game?

SirHellraiser
07-15-2010, 10:26 AM
My team is on the teambuilder website and i can edit and everything But when i go to my xbox and go to the teambuilder menu shows 0/12 slots open and i do a search for my teams and they dont show up

JBHuskers
07-15-2010, 10:28 AM
My team is on the teambuilder website and i can edit and everything But when i go to my xbox and go to the teambuilder menu shows 0/12 slots open and i do a search for my teams and they dont show up

Off the top of my head here at work, try going to the website to make sure it's "public". It defaults to "private".

SirHellraiser
07-15-2010, 10:30 AM
its public and my gamertag is linked it worked for me last year but this year cant get it to work for me Not sure what I am not doing

SirHellraiser
07-15-2010, 10:30 AM
i thought maybe this was a widespread issue but i guess not i will have to create from scratch and see if it works

psusnoop
07-15-2010, 10:47 AM
The last night times of turning on NCAA I log into the PSN and then into EA. After that I go into the lobby and choose an east room. Then I click on someone to invite to a game and it automatically restarts NCAA. It doesn't restart my playstation, just the game. It also automatically starts the game like some kind of automatic restart or something. Any ideas?

JBHuskers
07-15-2010, 10:49 AM
i thought maybe this was a widespread issue but i guess not i will have to create from scratch and see if it works

I know there were problems with people creating their team early when the site wasn't completely ready. Those teams were inaccessible, and they had to start over. Do you think you fall into that category?

JBHuskers
07-15-2010, 10:49 AM
The last night times of turning on NCAA I log into the PSN and then into EA. After that I go into the lobby and choose an east room. Then I click on someone to invite to a game and it automatically restarts NCAA. It doesn't restart my playstation, just the game. It also automatically starts the game like some kind of automatic restart or something. Any ideas?

Probably chalk it up to online issues they're having.

SirHellraiser
07-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Yes I do

UGA14
07-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Only been playing on Heisman. Only played one game on AA and thought it too easy.

Probably will do my offline on that. My online one I am San Jose State and so it's already challenging enough. May move it up though if me and my buddy are tearing it up.

psusnoop
07-15-2010, 11:54 AM
JB, thats what I'm hoping it is as I didn't have any issues when I got the game just recently.

Sinister
07-15-2010, 12:59 PM
when searching for your teams i had to type my name in and all the teams popped up

ram29jackson
07-15-2010, 09:02 PM
when searching for your teams i had to type my name in and all the teams popped up

its typical- you constantly have to reset it

Cipher 8
07-15-2010, 11:07 PM
Quick questions...

1. How many Online Dynasties can I join.
2. When it asks if I want to save or download the Dynasty File what exactly is that and can/do I only do that for one league? What about the others then?
3. What's your favorite middle of the road team to use in Online Dynasty? (Just for shits and giggles)

gschwendt
07-15-2010, 11:09 PM
Quick questions...

1. How many Online Dynasties can I join.
2. When it asks if I want to save or download the Dynasty File what exactly is that and can/do I only do that for one league? What about the others then?
3. What's your favorite middle of the road team to use in Online Dynasty? (Just for shits and giggles)
1. In the past it was 5.
2. That's simply there to save you time if you go back into the dynasty during that same week; if you don't save, you'll simply have to re-download it the next time you come in. It always saves each OD save file as a separate name so no worries there.
3. I just had fun playing with Houston, although you lose Keenum after 1 year but backups are running types if you like that.

jaymo76
07-15-2010, 11:13 PM

Yeah, I only ever play AA but if the slider tweaks don't change things I may go default Heisman this year. The offense for human teams is potent!

Cipher 8
07-16-2010, 12:10 AM
1. In the past it was 5.
2. That's simply there to save you time if you go back into the dynasty during that same week; if you don't save, you'll simply have to re-download it the next time you come in. It always saves each OD save file as a separate name so no worries there.
3. I just had fun playing with Houston, although you lose Keenum after 1 year but backups are running types if you like that.

Thanks. I just noticed when reading through the manual it does say five... but yeah I had no clue what the save was for. Again you make this place awesome with info and quick responses. I like Houston but I'm more of a pro style player then wide open pass attack so I doubt if I'll use them in any OD's

Bamafan3723
07-16-2010, 12:11 AM
My user profile transferred over immediately upon putting '11 in. Maybe it was defaulting (as my school song is one of the old PS2 generic songs) and it just assigned that particular song. I'm not sure, but it played my school song on first downs and TDs without me manually doing anything. I'd have to look to see how I did it last year, but I remember you could only have one song for TB schools and you had to assign it to "All".
Okay, a little bit of a different question now. My teambuilder Alabama team runs out of the tunnel to a generic fight song. Is there no way to get them to run out to "Yea Alabama"? I play at Bryant-Denny and Bama's fight song plays after scores but what about during the entrance?

Kingpin32
07-16-2010, 12:26 AM
Okay, a little bit of a different question now. My teambuilder Alabama team runs out of the tunnel to a generic fight song. Is there no way to get them to run out to "Yea Alabama"? I play at Bryant-Denny and Bama's fight song plays after scores but what about during the entrance?

Since it's a Teambuilder team, I don't think you can get them to run out to that song.

Cipher 8
07-16-2010, 12:38 AM
I got another question... I play on AA because for me it's about right. The defenses are not unbeatably tough and the teams that shouldn't be that challenging aren't but the teams that are upper echelon actually give me a challenge. I'm not that good at the game so Heisman is a little too tough on a regular basis but AA in someways is a little too easy. For Example: I hold every team to less then 50 rushing yards a game.

Now I've been reading everybody talk about sliders and how they fix this issue but can they be used in an online dynasty?

Example of what I'm asking about...incase how i explained it is confusing

I'm getting close to some decent sliders for myself. No clue if they work for others but I play on AA. To boost the cpu running game I increase the cpu RBA to 60 and their run block to 80. It's pretty good right now (I keep human tackling and run defense at default 50). I think the cpu passing game needs a boost too. I drop pass coverage to 35 to loosen it up for them.

Bamafan3723
07-16-2010, 12:41 AM
Since it's a Teambuilder team, I don't think you can get them to run out to that song.
Wow...that's crap. Did it not cross EA's mind that people would want to be able to choose the song their TB team ran out too?

HuskerBlitz
07-16-2010, 01:04 AM
Wow...that's crap. Did it not cross EA's mind that people would want to be able to choose the song their TB team ran out too?

Last year, I believe you could choose just one song for a TB team and you had to set that song to 'All" events.

psusnoop
07-16-2010, 06:58 AM
I got another question... I play on AA because for me it's about right. The defenses are not unbeatably tough and the teams that shouldn't be that challenging aren't but the teams that are upper echelon actually give me a challenge. I'm not that good at the game so Heisman is a little too tough on a regular basis but AA in someways is a little too easy. For Example: I hold every team to less then 50 rushing yards a game.

Now I've been reading everybody talk about sliders and how they fix this issue but can they be used in an online dynasty?

Example of what I'm asking about...incase how i explained it is confusing

Yes the sliders can be used for Online Dynasties. That is controlled by the commish of the dynasty.

Bamafan3723
07-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Last year, I believe you could choose just one song for a TB team and you had to set that song to 'All" events.
I looked in the stadium custom sounds section but my TB team did not show up. Is there another section in the game to choose a song for a TB team?

HuskerBlitz
07-16-2010, 08:46 AM
I looked in the stadium custom sounds section but my TB team did not show up. Is there another section in the game to choose a song for a TB team?

It may have to be for all home teams.

Cipher 8
07-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Got a question about Pipelines. How many people do you have to have on the roster for it to become a pipeline? Cuz I'm Michigan and I got 20 from Michigan, 15 from Ohio, 11 from Florida, and 4 from Texas. All four of those states are pipelines of mine.. but I want to make California and a few other states my pipelines as well for the bonuses in phone calls so how many people do I have to get in order for them to become my pipelines for next season?

Are these guys right in their asumptions? http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/1131580.page

SmoothPancakes
07-16-2010, 11:43 PM
In the past, you have had to have 3 people for a state on your roster for that state to be a pipeline. So just try to sign at least 3 people from California, and you should be good to go.

At least that's the way it has been every year for the past couple. I can't imagine them randomly screwing with that and changing the numbers required for no reason.

morsdraconis
07-16-2010, 11:44 PM
It's 4 people, not 3, but other then that, just sign 4 people from that state and you have a pipeline there.

SmoothPancakes
07-16-2010, 11:46 PM
It's 4 people, not 3, but other then that, just sign 4 people from that state and you have a pipeline there.

Damn, what'd they change it for then? I was able to get pipeline status with only 3 players in previous years.

Bamafan3723
07-17-2010, 11:30 AM
It may have to be for all home teams.
But wouldn't that mean if my TB Alabama was playing at LSU for instance, that Alabama's fight song would play when LSU scores a touchdown? If I set a song for "All Home Teams".

Cipher 8
07-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Can someone help me find this play (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ-cmGwQC6M#t=1m14s). It says HB Dive but I can't find that play in any I-Form like the video shows. Just Power O, HB Blast, and Iso but the LG doesn't pull like in the video,which makes the run work. Iso has the RG and RT double team but no pulling LG. Power O has the looks of it but it's Power O not a HB Dive ???

souljahbill
07-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Can someone help me find this play (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ-cmGwQC6M#t=1m14s). It says HB Dive but I can't find that play in any I-Form like the video shows. Just Power O, HB Blast, and Iso but the LG doesn't pull like in the video,which makes the run work. Iso has the RG and RT double team but no pulling LG. Power O has the looks of it but it's Power O not a HB Dive ???

All I can tell you is to check Alabama's playbook.

HuskerBlitz
07-17-2010, 04:11 PM
But wouldn't that mean if my TB Alabama was playing at LSU for instance, that Alabama's fight song would play when LSU scores a touchdown? If I set a song for "All Home Teams".

I would assume so, but honestly I've never checked. Once I start my dynasty, I hardly ever play a game with another school. You can try it since you can always change it later.

souljahbill
07-17-2010, 04:22 PM

No, the way it works is that it only plays if YOU are the home team. If you go to LSU, as a visitor, it won't play.

Now, if you play as LSU, at home, it'll play.

HuskerBlitz
07-17-2010, 04:25 PM
No, the way it works is that it only plays if YOU are the home team. If you go to LSU, as a visitor, it won't play.

Doh...Thanks. I totally misread what he was asking.

Cipher 8
07-17-2010, 04:30 PM
All I can tell you is to check Alabama's playbook.

Yep i did since that's Bama in the video, no HB Dive though and they only have one I-Form so I couldn't have missed it. :/

Bamafan3723
07-17-2010, 06:00 PM

Thanks, that makes sense. I'll try it later.

Bamafan3723
07-17-2010, 06:35 PM
How do you save individual slider sets without overwriting other files or previous sliders?

Cipher 8
07-17-2010, 08:04 PM
I got another recruiting question: When your looking over a recruits board, his list of top 10 schools, you see all the teams ranked by the prospects Interest/Lag column. It shows these bars and the numbers showing you how the schools rank from first to 10... I watched this video (http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8236961) at 5:30 (click the bar a bit over to skip to that part) they explain how each prospect has a target number of points they want the schools to reach. Example: 3,000. You want to be the first one to 3,000 because that gives you the best chance of him signing with you. But others can reach that number and he can still change his mind so you gotta keep on calling them but whoever gets their first has the best chance, whoever gets their second get the second best chance, and so on and so forth...

So now's my question. The Interest/Lag column shows the bars in different colors.

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2010/187/988956_20100707_gum002.jpg (http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2010/187/988956_20100707_790screen002.jpg)<Click for bigger view

Most are Yellow with the bottom ones being Red. Now the numbers -120 for example tell you how far your behind the teams ahead of you but what does the colors actually mean? Because at some point the top team's bar will turn Green. Does that mean they have reached that target number?

So basically you want to be the first one to have your bar reach green, giving you the biggest chance of him signing with you but don't let up and stop calling because if the other team bars turn green they too have reached that target number and can pass you up because he can change his mind up to the last moment.

Also what's the soft commit. I haven't seen that yet...

Cipher 8
07-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Got another Question. I notice you can press B to hang up. Do you get the time back then say you go in with 6 topics for 60 minutes and hang up after the first pitch do you get that 50 unused minutes back?

Bamafan3723
07-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Well it appears you are forced to have that generic fight song for your Team Builder's entrance music. I set a custom fight song under "Touchdown" in custom stadium sounds and I set it to all. There is no option to have custom music for an entrance so I was hoping that whatever was on the "touchdown" setting would also sever as the fight song the team runs out of the tunnel too. That's not the case though. My Team Builder Alabama still ran out to the generic fight song that apparently is assigned to every Team Builder squad. This sucks! How can you not allow us to choose what fight song our team runs out too EA?!?!:mad:

souljahbill
07-17-2010, 10:15 PM
I got another recruiting question: When your looking over a recruits board, his list of top 10 schools, you see all the teams ranked by the prospects Interest/Lag column. It shows these bars and the numbers showing you how the schools rank from first to 10... I watched this video (http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8236961) at 5:30 (click the bar a bit over to skip to that part) they explain how each prospect has a target number of points they want the schools to reach. Example: 3,000. You want to be the first one to 3,000 because that gives you the best chance of him signing with you. But others can reach that number and he can still change his mind so you gotta keep on calling them but whoever gets their first has the best chance, whoever gets their second get the second best chance, and so on and so forth...

So now's my question. The Interest/Lag column shows the bars in different colors.

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2010/187/988956_20100707_gum002.jpg (http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2010/187/988956_20100707_790screen002.jpg)<Click for bigger view

Most are Yellow with the bottom ones being Red. Now the numbers -120 for example tell you how far your behind the teams ahead of you but what does the colors actually mean? Because at some point the top team's bar will turn Green. Does that mean they have reached that target number?

So basically you want to be the first one to have your bar reach green, giving you the biggest chance of him signing with you but don't let up and stop calling because if the other team bars turn green they too have reached that target number and can pass you up because he can change his mind up to the last moment.

Also what's the soft commit. I haven't seen that yet...

Green doesn't mean you've reached the "commitment point." It just means that you've surpassed a certain point on the recruits interest gauge. You reach that point when the gauge is completely full.

Think of it like this. Let's say that it takes 3,000 points to "sign" a recruit. Anyone with their point total at 1,000 or less would be red. Anyone with their total between 1,001 and 2,000 would be yellow, and anyone between 2,001 and 3,000 would be green.

Also, a soft commit means that they intend to go to a school but it's not official. It's like me telling Nick Saban I'm going to Alabama without signing any papers. That still leaves the door open for any other coach to try and get me to change my mind. A hard commit means that the recruit is going to who he committed to. It's over. Move along.

Cipher 8
07-17-2010, 11:36 PM
Green doesn't mean you've reached the "commitment point." It just means that you've surpassed a certain point on the recruits interest gauge. You reach that point when the gauge is completely full.There is no "commitment point" where when you reach a certain amount of points they sign with you. This video at 5:30 (http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8236961) says so. There is however a point where the recruit wants you to reach and whatever team is the first to reach that point has the best chance of him signing with them at seasons end but other schools can still reach that point and catch up if you will because the prospects always can change their minds at the end. They have a less of a chance though since they met that point second, or third, or fourth etc. I think green is that point actually.

Think of it like this. Let's say that it takes 3,000 points to "sign" a recruit. Anyone with their point total at 1,000 or less would be red. Anyone with their total between 1,001 and 2,000 would be yellow, and anyone between 2,001 and 3,000 would be green.Yes, but they don't just sign when the first team reaches green. The only way to get someone to sign right away is to be #1 on top their list and offer a scholarship. You have a small chance of them signing right away. Otherwise you better be the first to green because that team that reaches that point first has the best chance of signing him at the end of the year. Obviously continued interest and phone calls will keep raising your chances and keeping the #2 and #3 teams behind you.

Basically when a team hits green status I lose interest because I know I'm not getting the best chance of him signing because i didn't reach it first so i start looking for recruits that have yet to hit green.

Also, a soft commit means that they intend to go to a school but it's not official. It's like me telling Nick Saban I'm going to Alabama without signing any papers. That still leaves the door open for any other coach to try and get me to change my mind. A hard commit means that the recruit is going to who he committed to. It's over. Move along.Yeah I know what they are in real life but are they in the game? I have yet to see any indication that a team has soft committed to any school...

souljahbill
07-17-2010, 11:39 PM
There is no "commitment point" where when you reach a certain amount of points they sign with you. This video at 5:30 (http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8236961) says so. There is however a point where the recruit wants you to reach and whatever team is the first to reach that point has the best chance of him signing with them at seasons end but other schools can still reach that point and catch up if you will because the prospects always can change their minds at the end. They have a less of a chance though since they met that point second, or third, or fourth etc. I think green is that point actually.

Yes, but they don't just sign when the first team reaches green. The only way to get someone to sign right away is to be #1 on top their list and offer a scholarship. You have a small chance of them signing right away. Otherwise you better be the first to green because that team that reaches that point first has the best chance of signing him at the end of the year. Obviously continued interest and phone calls will keep raising your chances and keeping the #2 and #3 teams behind you.

Yeah I know what they are in real life but are they in the game? I have yet to see any indication that a team has soft committed to any school...

I don't think you understood a word I said. :D

Cipher 8
07-17-2010, 11:44 PM
I don't think you understood a word I said. :D

I do. Did you watch that video though? They say right there that each prospect has a point where when the first team reaches that point total they have the best chance of signing that prospect. Other teams can catch up and reach that point total but they will have a less and less chance of signing him because they didn't reach that total first.

I think when the bar turns green it indicates someone has reached that total.

You think it goes in increments of 1,000 points with 0-1,000 being red, 1,001 - 2,000 being yellow, and 2,001 - 3,000+ being Green. I suppose you could test this out if your in 4th place and 3rd place on up is green and your still yellow you could keep track of how many points your gaining before you turn green. If it exceeds 1,000 then it's not right but it also could mean you just exceeded that total and then we'de never find out.

HuskerBlitz
07-18-2010, 12:47 AM
Yeah I know what they are in real life but are they in the game? I have yet to see any indication that a team has soft committed to any school...
Instead of team, do you mean the player? It will be on the recruiting list where you see all your prospects. At the far right it say something like FSU-Soft. If they have committed, it will say FSU-Hard and you cannot recruit them any longer.

souljahbill
07-18-2010, 05:23 AM
I do. Did you watch that video though? They say right there that each prospect has a point where when the first team reaches that point total they have the best chance of signing that prospect. Other teams can catch up and reach that point total but they will have a less and less chance of signing him because they didn't reach that total first.

I think when the bar turns green it indicates someone has reached that total.

You think it goes in increments of 1,000 points with 0-1,000 being red, 1,001 - 2,000 being yellow, and 2,001 - 3,000+ being Green. I suppose you could test this out if your in 4th place and 3rd place on up is green and your still yellow you could keep track of how many points your gaining before you turn green. If it exceeds 1,000 then it's not right but it also could mean you just exceeded that total and then we'de never find out.The video has nothing to do with my point. My point is this. Green DOES NOT mean you've surpassed the necessary point total to sign a recruit. A completely full bar is the end of the recruits minimum point total. When a school gets a full bar, that's when you'll start seeing soft commits, more then likely from the first school to reach the threshold. It's still possible to get the recruit to de-commit to the school but you'll have to be very close in terms of points.

morsdraconis
07-18-2010, 05:31 AM
Hate to go against what the official EA stuff says, but everything I've seen indicates that 3000 points means signage.

I've added up totals from my calls and signed someone the next week after reaching past 3000 points. Pretty sure 3000 is the magic number.

Cipher 8
07-18-2010, 01:40 PM
The video has nothing to do with my point. My point is this. Green DOES NOT mean you've surpassed the necessary point total to sign a recruit. A completely full bar is the end of the recruits minimum point total. When a school gets a full bar, that's when you'll start seeing soft commits, more then likely from the first school to reach the threshold. It's still possible to get the recruit to de-commit to the school but you'll have to be very close in terms of points.Well there you explained it a little bit better, I thought you were saying once full bar they sign, which isn't the case. Forgive me :)

souljahbill
07-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Well there you explained it a little bit better, I thought you were saying once full bar they sign, which isn't the case. Forgive me :)

No forgiveness is necessary. It's cool.

psusnoop
07-19-2010, 08:59 AM
Hey not sure if I missed it or not, but have they removed the ability to talk to people in your dynasty in the dynasty main screen?

Sinister
07-19-2010, 09:24 AM
how do you spotlight a player or can't you do that anymore i looked but couldn't find it

gschwendt
07-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Hey not sure if I missed it or not, but have they removed the ability to talk to people in your dynasty in the dynasty main screen?
It would appear so... not sure if it was intentional or a bug. However, there always seemed to be issues with it in which one or more player would be cut off completely or you couldn't hear some users, whether at all or it was garbled.

how do you spotlight a player or can't you do that anymore i looked but couldn't find it
Hold down L2, then press the receiver's corresponding button.

Sinister
07-19-2010, 09:28 AM
do you guys find some teams unbeatable.

Sinister
07-19-2010, 09:30 AM
Hold down L2, then press the receiver's corresponding button.

that's what i thought it was , but i kept getting gameplan stuff . i'll try again

souljahbill
07-19-2010, 10:00 AM
do you guys find some teams unbeatable.

In my dynasty, the entire PAC-10 :D

Sinister
07-19-2010, 10:13 AM
miami is like impossible to beat

psusnoop
07-19-2010, 11:28 AM
It would appear so... not sure if it was intentional or a bug. However, there always seemed to be issues with it in which one or more player would be cut off completely or you couldn't hear some users, whether at all or it was garbled.

I know it was iffy at best as far as it working, but it was always something that our one dynasty always enjoyed even if we couldn't hear everyone. Some people would hear some, while the others would hear the rest and then there would always be some overlap, just enough to keep the talk going. I found it to be fun to talk while recruiting and talking smack and such.

[/QUOTE=sinister;] Hold down L2, then press the receiver's corresponding button.[/QUOTE]

I'll add that you do this after you select your play and when the offense breaks their huddle and lines up.

Sinister
07-19-2010, 11:57 AM
yea i know you can't do during picing a play ,but i must just be hitting wrong button. i know that wouldbe questioned after i put it in.

psusnoop
07-19-2010, 12:39 PM
sorry couldn't resist :D

Kingpin32
07-19-2010, 02:21 PM
How do you save an offline copy of an online dynasty? Or can you not do that in this year's version?

HuskerBlitz
07-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Can do that in '11 unfortunately.

jaymo76
07-19-2010, 06:14 PM
This is new... for the firt time EVER in the history of me playing NCAA Footall (05 on...) I was NOT offered any new jobs in the offseason. I was offered a three year extension but no other schools offered me a job. I went 11-2, 3-1 against the top 25 and beat Nebraska in the Alamo Bowl. Should I not have received my standard three offers? Has anyone else not received offeres at the end of the year? I wonder if it was just a glitch???

(Note~ rather thant create a new coach I just edited ASU's coach... should it matter???)

Cipher 8
07-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Can do that in '11 unfortunately.

I'm actually glad they did that. You use to be able to abuse the system and rape in recruiting by saving an offline copy then going in and finding out what the person liked ahead of time write it down so you could get max calls when you did it on the real Online Dynasty.

Cipher 8
07-19-2010, 09:01 PM
I'de like to get everybody's opinion on some of the better playbooks for running. With different formations, players coming in motion (green) etc... I tried Miami and I like it. The Tackle Over and Twin TE heavy offset with the LT and TE switching is nice but I don't like their passing plays enough to run that playbook.

So anyone know of a playbook with tons of good runs, from different looks, but yet still has some good passing plays (3 or 4 wide sets, maybe TE instead of 4th WR, not necessarily Shotgun though)?

Cipher 8
07-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Also another noob question... Once a prospect Hard Commits to you, circle turns Blue and he's moved to bottom of your list can you remove that prospect from your board? Because I'de like to add another guy and start going after him but I don't want to lose the guy that has committed to me.

Kingpin32
07-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Also another noob question... Once a prospect Hard Commits to you, circle turns Blue and he's moved to bottom of your list can you remove that prospect from your board? Because I'de like to add another guy and start going after him but I don't want to lose the guy that has committed to me.

You can never a guy that's committed to you. I'm not sure if you can take him off the board, but you won't lose him.

cdj
07-19-2010, 09:32 PM

I think you have to leave him there since he is taking one of your available scholarships.

JRussell1313
07-19-2010, 09:35 PM
I was looking through the posts... but couldn't really find anything specific.

Does anyone know how to "call for the ball" as a WR in Road to the Glory (I think it used to be X on the PS3 and A on the XBOX).

Also, I'm doing my Road to Glory as a WR with UConn, and a few times they've called a "WR Reverse"... but the game takes over and won't let me run behind the QB for the handoff... thus leading to a 10 yard loss everytime it's called unless I simulate the play.

First time poster BTW, but I was on another Message board for a while with some good guys that are now on here. This place is nice

AustinWolv
07-19-2010, 10:25 PM
I think you have to leave him there since he is taking one of your available scholarships.

Yes, this. Same as past years.

JeffHCross
07-19-2010, 10:43 PM
However, there always seemed to be issues with it in which one or more player would be cut off completely or you couldn't hear some users, whether at all or it was garbled.Yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh ....

I know it was iffy at best as far as it working, but it was always something that our one dynasty always enjoyed even if we couldn't hear everyone. Some people would hear some, while the others would hear the rest and then there would always be some overlap, just enough to keep the talk going. Speak for yourself! Lol. It sucked for me!

Cipher 8
07-19-2010, 11:57 PM
I was looking through the posts... but couldn't really find anything specific.

Does anyone know how to "call for the ball" as a WR in Road to the Glory (I think it used to be X on the PS3 and A on the XBOX).

Also, I'm doing my Road to Glory as a WR with UConn, and a few times they've called a "WR Reverse"... but the game takes over and won't let me run behind the QB for the handoff... thus leading to a 10 yard loss everytime it's called unless I simulate the play.

First time poster BTW, but I was on another Message board for a while with some good guys that are now on here. This place is nice

First Welcome. :) To call for the ball in RTG is A on xbox360. I haven't actually played a WR in RTG yet but I do it all the time as my RB in passing routes.

Cipher 8
07-20-2010, 02:00 AM
Okay this is for the guys who upload videos to EA and share them... I would like to begin sharing more video highlights or photos but I'm not familiar with the whole system.

I've uploaded a few over the years to my Player Hub (http://www.easports.com/player-hub/media/360/Cipher+8) is that the place everyone goes to see their videos.

Questions I have are;

How can I manage them? I want to delete some of the old videos I no longer need.
How many can I upload? And is there a purchasable thing that expands how many I can so I can upload more?
How do you make them into youtube videos? Must you download them and save them then go and upload them to youtube or is their a quicker way?

Thanks in advance.

Sinister
07-20-2010, 03:14 PM
did you guys know if you press down and the dive the player falls to the ground. like if your running out of time and just want to get down to start the next down.or to avoid it. i did it yesterday i was justing thinkin bout it. thought it was pretty cool

AustinWolv
07-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Interesting, will have to check that out.

JBHuskers
07-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Okay this is for the guys who upload videos to EA and share them... I would like to begin sharing more video highlights or photos but I'm not familiar with the whole system.

I've uploaded a few over the years to my Player Hub (http://www.easports.com/player-hub/media/360/Cipher+8) is that the place everyone goes to see their videos.

Questions I have are;

How can I manage them? I want to delete some of the old videos I no longer need. if you go into the vid on the website, there should be an option to delete....not sure if you can do it from in game....I know you can on NBA Live
How many can I upload? And is there a purchasable thing that expands how many I can so I can upload more? No purchasable expansion for more storage
How do you make them into youtube videos? Must you download them and save them then go and upload them to youtube or is their a quicker way? Go into the video, click download...it saves it as an FLV file, and you can upload that file directly into YouTube....I actually render it with Windows Movie Maker, but you don't have to.

Thanks in advance.

See the bold.

HuskerBlitz
07-20-2010, 03:40 PM
I was thinking you could purchase more media space for some reason.

Sinister
07-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Interesting, will have to check that out.

watch now that i said something no one else is going to be able ot do it

Cipher 8
07-20-2010, 07:37 PM
did you guys know if you press down and the dive the player falls to the ground. like if your running out of time and just want to get down to start the next down.or to avoid it. i did it yesterday i was justing thinkin bout it. thought it was pretty cool

I did not. I did pick off a ball in overtime and just press X to dive so i didn't risk the fumble though. Will keep this in mind next time :)

Cipher 8
07-20-2010, 07:40 PM
if you go into the vid on the website, there should be an option to delete....not sure if you can do it from in game....I know you can on NBA Live

I'm lost. If I go where now? cuz when I go to ea i click my name at the top right and it takes me to my player hub then there is the tabs. I click the 3rd or 4th one, "media" but there is no delete? Am I in the wrong place?

JBHuskers
07-20-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm lost. If I go where now? cuz when I go to ea i click my name at the top right and it takes me to my player hub then there is the tabs. I click the 3rd or 4th one, "media" but there is no delete? Am I in the wrong place?

Guess you can't delete. It will just bump the oldest one off automatically.

Cipher 8
07-20-2010, 10:46 PM
Yeah I guess when your about to upload a highlight to their servers a upload confirmation message pops up saying, "There is a limited number of photos/videos allowed on the server. If the maximum has been reached, the oldest photo/video on the server will be replaced by this one. To purchase more slots, visit www.easportsworld.com. Are you sure you would like to upload this photo/video?. Yes or No"

So I wonder how much it is to get max slots or how many slots you can expand to... I think it would just be smarter to download each video in flv format and save them to your HD and upload them to youtube anyways for storage and to show them off. So no need to purchase more slots, just a little more work then I want to do ;)

JBHuskers
07-20-2010, 11:32 PM
yeah no need to purchase....for pictures I'd always put them on Photobucket, and vids on YouTube.

SmoothPancakes
07-20-2010, 11:55 PM
yeah no need to purchase....for pictures I'd always put them on Photobucket, and vids on YouTube.

That's what I've got planned for my pictures. Save them and toss them in Photobucket, then I'll have them for as long as I want them, both on Photobucket and on my computer.

HuskerBlitz
07-21-2010, 12:31 AM
I still run into the problem of quality when putting them up on Youtube.

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Yeah, I'm debating if I'm gonna bother much with anything video-wise. I want them to look good, and Youtube definitely isn't known for it's highly outstanding quality. Maybe only like "omg, wtf, holy hell" type plays I would bother with. Otherwise pictures will most likely be it for me.

JBHuskers
07-21-2010, 12:39 AM
I still run into the problem of quality when putting them up on Youtube.

I render mine through Windows Movie Maker using 1080p then upload.

Not sure if it is MUCH better or not:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxKaVqXyeJ4

HuskerBlitz
07-21-2010, 12:54 AM
Yeah, maybe I'll try that. But I already have several up on Youtube and tons still left from 10. But with such a small amount able to be uploaded at a time on easportsworld, it would take forever to do.

JBHuskers
07-21-2010, 01:04 AM
Yeah, maybe I'll try that. But I already have several up on Youtube and tons still left from 10. But with such a small amount able to be uploaded at a time on easportsworld, it would take forever to do.

I get a border around the vid...but to me it's no biggie...I couldn't figure out how to remove it and didn't try too hard to find out outside of going through the menus :D

JeffHCross
07-21-2010, 01:34 AM
So I wonder how much it is to get max slots or how many slots you can expand to... I looked a couple times last year, and have still yet to find where this option exists.

Cipher 8
07-21-2010, 01:34 AM
I used cyberlink powerdirector when I editted together two angles of the same play and I think it turned out good quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BJ8QPgIwVo

I'm not the most tech savy so i dont know what to choose at the end when it asks format to render it in... MP4, AVI, WMV or the other options... so I chose the default AVI.

JeffHCross
07-21-2010, 01:38 AM
For export? MP4 is the newest MPEG standard, AVI is uncompressed video, and WMV is the most common format out there, thanks to Windows. If you're looking to upload to YouTube ...

Uploading Your Videos to YouTube
Once you're happy with your final result, you'll need to save the video in a format that YouTube can accept in order to upload. Unless you're a professional video producer, we recommend that you save your videos as either QuickTime .MOV, Windows .AVI, or .MPG files— these are the most common formats and they work well within our system. We specifically recommend the MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid) format at 640x480 resolution with MP3 audio. Resizing your video to these specifications before uploading will help your clips look better on YouTube.

Cipher 8
07-21-2010, 04:43 AM
A completely full bar is the end of the recruits minimum point total. When a school gets a full bar, that's when you'll start seeing soft commits, more then likely from the first school to reach the threshold. It's still possible to get the recruit to de-commit to the school but you'll have to be very close in terms of points.

So I need some outside opinions on this situation.

I'm aware now that when the bar is completely full that is when a school has reached the point total the recruit wants you to reach and from that point on they will start soft committing potentially. I know you want to be the first team to get the interest bar full by earning something like 3,000+ points (it depends how high or low you started off in points to begin with). You want to be first because then you get the highest chance of him signing with you and likely you get a soft commit. But I know you can still battle over soft commits especially if your only back by a couple hundred.

Now what if there's been a close battle the whole time between two teams. One has reached a full bar and gotten a soft commit and the other is -120 right there with him about to reach that point total the recruit wants... If that second team puts together a big call like say +500. Can he still move up from #2 to #1 even though the player has soft committed to that #1 school? And if he does what would happen? Can there be two soft commits, or would they just list you as the new soft commit demoting the old soft commit?

I guess I'll explain my situation: My Michigan team has been going after the #1 DT recruit since day one. I've had him atop my recruiting board and spent 60 minutes per week. I had a A+ visit with him already but all of this and I'm still #2 to USC. USC has reach a full bar and he has soft committed to them. I have been right there with them though the whole time and it says I'm only -180. Here's why I'm asking... They have offered him a scholarship already, they started out #1 on his board. I've been trying to earn my way into that top spot before I use my scholarship offer for that slim chance of a instant commit.

Thing is now that he soft committed I don't know if I can even move from 2nd to 1st and get that chance. Plus I'de hate to have him hard commit to USC while I'm sitting here calling 60 minutes a week and trying to earn my way into #1 before I offer that scholarship and never get the chance to offer it to him.

So how does this work? Anybody know...

Cipher 8
07-21-2010, 06:07 AM
:( well that sucked... I called him for 60 minutes and got like +450, I was only down -180 but he hard committed to USC the next week anyways... I held onto that scholarship incase I moved into first I would've offered it and tried to steal him from USC.

So I guess it's mainly a race to full bar first and the soft commit because I was there with him all along within 200 points range and he still chose USC quickly once they reached his desired point mark. It's worth noting he was from Cali. so I'm not mad, it's realistic he goes to a top california team.

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2010, 06:11 AM
Just my opinion, but you probably should have offered that scholarship, even if you were in 2nd. If he was a soft commit to USC, even if you had a hell of a week throwing pitches his way, that scholarship probably would have been your best bet no matter what to possibly overtake USC. And if anything, since you never offered him one, he probably figured that you weren't going to and decided to sign with USC, which he had a scholarship already waiting him.

souljahbill
07-21-2010, 06:23 AM
Just my opinion, but you probably should have offered that scholarship, even if you were in 2nd. If he was a soft commit to USC, even if you had a hell of a week throwing pitches his way, that scholarship probably would have been your best bet no matter what to possibly overtake USC. And if anything, since you never offered him one, he probably figured that you weren't going to and decided to sign with USC, which he had a scholarship already waiting him.

This is what I was going to say. I try to hold off on my scholarships for the instant commits to but I'll offer it if I don't like how recruiting is going, no matter what place I'm in.

Cipher 8
07-21-2010, 07:45 AM
Okay guys I'll keep that in mind. Michigan is always a threat at recruiting so I'll do the right thing next year with the top prospects. This time I wont wait til the last second and f%@# it up... I'll get their first next time you bet your ass ;) .

I overhauled my recruiting board with pipeline states in mind now. I needed some more players from Texas and Florida to keep them pipelines. Got some decent talent in those states every year. I added a few more Juco prospects then I had hoped for but I need someone to get me by next season when I can start recruiting all over again. Going to Happy Valley to get my butt whooped this week... not looking forward to that game. Then I still got currently #1 ranked Wisconsin left in Week 12. :(

Cipher 8
07-21-2010, 07:50 AM
But I'm still curious about my question how that works...

Now what if there's been a close battle the whole time between two teams. One has reached a full bar and gotten a soft commit and the other is -120 right there with him about to reach that point total the recruit wants... If that second team puts together a big call like say +500. Can he still move up from #2 to #1 even though the player has soft committed to that #1 school? And if he does what would happen? Can there be two soft commits, or would they just list you as the new soft commit demoting the old soft commit?

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2010, 07:53 AM
Going to Happy Valley to get my butt whooped this week... not looking forward to that game. Then I still got currently #1 ranked Wisconsin left in Week 12. :(

Wait until I play my Navy dynasty game against Texas. My 40 overall edited Navy team up against #3 Texas. Now THAT will be a butt whooping! :D

souljahbill
07-21-2010, 12:25 PM
But I'm still curious about my question how that works...

Once they soft commit it'll always say soft until they hard commit somewhere. You won't see the points jump if you surpass them. It'll be done in the background.

Cipher 8
07-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Once they soft commit it'll always say soft until they hard commit somewhere. You won't see the points jump if you surpass them. It'll be done in the background.

Thanks. That's what I thought. Next time I'll just get their first :)

JeffHCross
07-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Once they soft commit it'll always say soft until they hard commit somewhere.I want to say I have seen players de-commit without Soft Committing to another school. But not sure.

Cipher 8
07-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Wait until I play my Navy dynasty game against Texas. My 40 overall edited Navy team up against #3 Texas. Now THAT will be a butt whooping! :D
Not a question but I wanted to share my outcome... I went into Happy Valley and played solid defense. I stopped their first drive and forced them to punt. Then on my drive I went down the field but fumbled on a run play and they picked it up and ran it back for a touchdown. I hate when that happens... cuz i cant see the guy to make the quick tackle and once they get going they're gone... so I didn't give up hope. I got the ball back the crowd was really effecting my 2nd string QB (Forcier out for season the week earlier vs Iowa) so they stopped me. I get back on defense and do my thing and on third down pick the ball off and ran it down to the 1/2 yard line before i was dragged down from behind. From there I didn't risk anything so i goalline formation QB sneaked it in, holding RB so he wouldn't fumble. Tie game 7-7.
Second half the third quarter was back and forth but no scoring. Towards the end of the third I got a beast user sack, that set a new school record, and also stopped them on 3rd and 10. I got the ball and went down the field and kicked field goal to take a 10-7 lead. I actually had scored a touchdown on the first play in the fourth quarter but my left guard got holding and well i had to settle for a field goal instead.
They went down the field, easier then before, I don't know but the game amps up the difficulty if you take a late lead. Like they want it to be harder to stop them or something. I succumbed and they went down to score a touchdown and won 14-10. I feel confident I'll beat them next year at the Big House though :D

AustinWolv
07-21-2010, 08:14 PM
holding RB so he wouldn't fumble

I hold that damn button all the time and still my guys fumble. Drives me nuts.

Cipher 8
07-21-2010, 09:55 PM
I hold that damn button all the time and still my guys fumble. Drives me nuts.

Your telling me... I got a highlight here [video (http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/24632668)] The worst play I've ever done. I lost 24-21 in OT to Boston College with Virginia Tech, one game after that close OT game vs ECU, I lost mainly because of two plays... Twice I picked them off when they were driving into my side of the field... and on both INT returns my player would pitch the ball into the air giving it right back. The first time I think I hit the pitch button or my controller is somewhat broken and it registered as a pitch. The second time it happened I picked it off and fumbled it when being tackled, then another one of my players picked it up and started to run then fumbled, then ANOTHER one of my players picked it up and when he was tackled it pitched it into the air again and their player caught it and ran it back down inside the five. That's what allowed them to come back and tie it up and then in overtime on their 2 yard line, I ran my HB Dive on 1st. Was stopped no gain, no loss though. 2nd down, FB dive, stopped again no gain, no loss. 3rd same thing... on the 4th and 1 I chose to go Goalline QB Sneak just to either get the 1st down or possibly score. The stupid game just had my QB fall down and didn't even get the 1st down.

What the hell does 'pinch'ing the O-line do?

I did that on my FB run thinking it would bunch my lineman up and I'de slowly move it forward but no their DT just raped my center and tackled me short.

JeffHCross
07-22-2010, 12:18 AM
Offensive Line Slide Protection does nothing on running plays. Pinching the line is a pass protection.

jaymo76
07-22-2010, 12:30 AM
I want to say I have seen players de-commit without Soft Committing to another school. But not sure.

Today I had a soft commit to Utah switch to a hard commit to me after a school visit. That's a first for me.

AustinWolv
07-22-2010, 07:44 AM
Offensive Line Slide Protection does nothing on running plays. Pinching the line is a pass protection.

I always forget what 'Aggressive' line call is supposed to do, do you recall?
I know the others are for pass blocking. I need to use them more since the blitz on Heisman is pretty effective.

JeffHCross
07-22-2010, 12:04 PM
I always forget what 'Aggressive' line call is supposed to do, do you recall?
I know the others are for pass blocking. I need to use them more since the blitz on Heisman is pretty effective.Aggressive seems to spread the line, like they're aggressively attacking the block, rather than passively waiting, I suppose. It's not very good terminology.

Cipher 8
07-22-2010, 07:06 PM
So I always press up, aggresive, on run plays but that doesn't do any good for running? How does it help passing. They just get a good punch on the defender to keep them from getting by?

jaymo76
07-22-2010, 08:07 PM
So I always press up, aggresive, on run plays but that doesn't do any good for running? How does it help passing. They just get a good punch on the defender to keep them from getting by?

Yeah, O-line play has ZERO impact on the run game (words of EA/Tiburon) and in truth other than slide left or slide right, I really don't think the other two choices do much if anything IMO. However, the effectiveness probably has a lot to do with the quality of your o-line... mine is avg. at best right now.

JeffHCross
07-22-2010, 10:48 PM
Aggressive on passing, I've never quite figured out. The only advantage I can think of is if you are expecting a blitz up the middle. Because then you're more likely to pick it up. But I would think the DEs would get around your tackles pretty quickly, unless you have running backs in to block or you're doing a quick throw.

Down ... which is Spread, I think, spreads out the line pretty thin, but is good for outside blitzes. Again, though, you probably want at least one back in to block because somebody might get through.

AustinWolv
07-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Just like past years, if you and the defense know you HAVE to pass, leaving a RB or TE in is a good thing, especially on Heisman this year because the CPU is aggressive with sending a lot of blitzers to outnumber your blockers. So much so that they'll leave receivers running free, which I've exploited for long TDs. They almost stupidly blitz at times, as they are very high-risk, high-reward.

jaymo76
07-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Just like past years, if you and the defense know you HAVE to pass, leaving a RB or TE in is a good thing, especially on Heisman this year because the CPU is aggressive with sending a lot of blitzers to outnumber your blockers. So much so that they'll leave receivers running free, which I've exploited for long TDs. They almost stupidly blitz at times, as they are very high-risk, high-reward.

The blitzing is a little frustrating at times. The cpu sends so many men that by the time the drop back animation is complete I have already been sacked. I send the same pressure and the cpu QB has a good 3-5 seconds to spot an open receiver.

AustinWolv
07-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Check the Heisman sliders I'm using in the sliders forum. I've had blitzes get there in 3-4 seconds because the CPU hangs on to the ball instead of insta-finding the open receiver like on Heisman default. By sending 6 and creating overloads, I've had LBs get there before the end of the CPU's drop.
Every time? Hell no. They adjust. The beautiful thing is to come out in a zone showing blitz but only sending 4 (maybe 5) and the CPU QB just bounces around in the pocket with happy feet.

And in actuality, I've checked on CPU blitzes on me, and they timed out at 4 seconds pretty consistently when they get the sack. Sometimes in the 3s it seems if they really get someone close free right away.

Sinister
07-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Honestly if you spend two more seconds to see if you know where the blitz is coming from line adjusting and maybe hot route a back or te to blocking really helps.

souljahbill
07-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Because my team sucks in dynasty (D rated team playing in the PAC-10), I've been sitting on the ball, snapping it at :01 on the playclock. I've been able to see A LOT of blitzes early and make corrections pre-snap.

I have the same problem as everyone else though. I can blitz all 11 guys and they'll never get there fast enough. The computers receivers get wide open instantly, it seems and the computer has a knack of being able to get rid of the ball a nanosecond before getting sacked, even if the sack animation appears to be starting.

jaymo76
07-23-2010, 04:09 PM
Honestly if you spend two more seconds to see if you know where the blitz is coming from line adjusting and maybe hot route a back or te to blocking really helps.

True to an extent but when it's a full on blitz the cpu drop back can't even finish and therefore I can't throw the ball, regardless of line adjustments. If they arwe bringing 1-2, no issue, it's the full blitz packages that's the killer.

Sinister
07-24-2010, 04:06 PM
True to an extent but when it's a full on blitz the cpu drop back can't even finish and therefore I can't throw the ball, regardless of line adjustments. If they arwe bringing 1-2, no issue, it's the full blitz packages that's the killer.

when i see one of those i just audible to a run anymore i always throw interceptions or fumble by qb

morsdraconis
07-24-2010, 04:32 PM
when i see one of those i just audible to a run anymore i always throw interceptions or fumble by qb

Seam route in a spread formation always works well for me.

ebin
07-25-2010, 10:11 PM
I'm probably missing something completely obvious, but is there a way to have the list of available audibles display (with the corresponding buttons) when I hit the audible button at the line of scrimmage (like it was in '10)? I'm too old (and I change them too often) to memorize them. I have the same problem with the defensive adjustments as well.

AustinWolv
07-25-2010, 10:45 PM
On 360, click the right stick and it'll bring the 'cheatsheets' up.

jaymo76
07-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Does the coach preferences for computer controlled teams not work if you (user) adjust them? New Mexico has lost 20 straight so I thought I would help them out. I "changed" their offense to a run balanced approach with the run balanced playbook and I moved their D to a 3-4 to help with the pass D. After a few weeks I want to see how they are playing so I played a game AGAINST them using Bowling Green... well... I was very dissapointed. They did NOT have the new offense I gave them and they did NOT play a 3-4 D. I went back after the game and checked and the changes I made were still there. What gives???

Kingpin32
07-26-2010, 12:29 AM
Has anyone else had the problem of Texas Tech's fight music not play after they score points?

Cipher 8
07-26-2010, 01:38 AM
Okay I went and bought the NCAA Football 11: Recruiting Reports (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf0008-0000-4000-8000-000045410900?cid=SLink) for 160G for use in my offline dynasty. It said, "It can take a lot of time and effort to see where your rivals are spending their Recruiting Time every week in Dynasty Mode. The Recruiting Reports will bring the information from the previous week. Knowing which recruits your opponent is targeting and how much time they are spending with each recruit can help you make informed decisions while spending your Recruiting Time. This will affect every team you control in Dynasty Mode and Online Dynasty Mode."

When I go to it it only shows Player name, Caliber, Position, and Weekly Time Spent Being Recruited. Which to my understanding is how much time I spend on them. Where is the other schools targeting them and how much time they spent?

Do I have to look at the teams on his list and then press LT and go to their team and find him? It should just come up with a list and show how much time each team on his top 10 spent on him...

Waste of $2...

AustinWolv
07-26-2010, 07:50 AM
Do I have to look at the teams on his list and then press LT and go to their team and find him? It should just come up with a list and show how much time each team on his top 10 spent on him...

Yes. At least as far as I know. It is clunky to do unfortunately.

fsuprime
07-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Okay I went and bought the NCAA Football 11: Recruiting Reports (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf0008-0000-4000-8000-000045410900?cid=SLink) for 160G for use in my offline dynasty. It said, "It can take a lot of time and effort to see where your rivals are spending their Recruiting Time every week in Dynasty Mode. The Recruiting Reports will bring the information from the previous week. Knowing which recruits your opponent is targeting and how much time they are spending with each recruit can help you make informed decisions while spending your Recruiting Time. This will affect every team you control in Dynasty Mode and Online Dynasty Mode."

When I go to it it only shows Player name, Caliber, Position, and Weekly Time Spent Being Recruited. Which to my understanding is how much time I spend on them. Where is the other schools targeting them and how much time they spent?

Waste of $2...
most ppl here will not be using those features since every normal OD turns off the ability to use them anyways, and its kind of cheap even in offline dynasties ;)

morsdraconis
07-26-2010, 02:54 PM
most ppl here will not be using those features since every normal OD turns off the ability to use them anyways, and its kind of cheap even in offline dynasties ;)

While yes, the ones that tell you which guys to go after, the report that just tells you how much time the CPU is spending on the recruit isn't that bad of a deal. It's basically just giving you an idea of whether or not the CPU has given up on the guy you're going after or not or how truly interested they are in getting that guy compared to you. And it can also give you an idea of whether or not you are truly out of your league for the player (like they are only spending 30 or 40 minutes and still keeping pace with you spending 60 minutes).

It's a strategic leveling of the playing field is all, especially since the CPU knows exactly what you're doing.

Cipher 8
07-26-2010, 04:55 PM

I do just fine in recruiting in my online dynasties with them off and I even requested to turn all of those things off to keep things even and fair.

I did make sure I said it was for my offline dynasty and I don't see it as cheap. I see it as it lets me take my recruiting more in depth. It lets me see how the other teams on a certain prospect view him. Are they going full 60 minutes on him and if they have a already huge lead is it worth continued chase of him? Or if I should let them go and find another player instead of wasting my time.

ebin
07-27-2010, 12:11 AM
On 360, click the right stick and it'll bring the 'cheatsheets' up.

Thanks, I knew I was missing something obvious!

Knowing which recruits your opponent is targeting and how much time they are spending with each recruit

Not that it does you much good now, but you can actually see how much time the CPU is spending on every recruit just by enabling your online pass and turning on dynasty time savers.

baseballplyrmvp
08-05-2010, 12:42 PM
just a quick question: what does the zone coverage rating do to affect gameplay? or is it one of the ratings that is used more for sim logic?

JeffHCross
08-05-2010, 08:32 PM
just a quick question: what does the zone coverage rating do to affect gameplay? or is it one of the ratings that is used more for sim logic?ZCV? It's the rating for how well the player covers/defends the pass/is aware while in zone coverage. Same for MCV and man coverage.

baseballplyrmvp
08-06-2010, 02:59 PM
just a quick question: what does the zone coverage rating do to affect gameplay? or is it one of the ratings that is used more for sim logic?

ZCV? It's the rating for how well the player covers/defends the pass/is aware while in zone coverage. Same for MCV and man coverage.thats what i thought....i was just thinking if it could be changed in the future (or add a new rating) so that it affects the size of the zone coverage the player could cover.

JeffHCross
08-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Well, it may. The "official" description from last year's strategy guide is "The ability of a defender to play zone coverage". This could encompass everything from size of a zone to coverage to finding a man to reacting to the ball. No telling what all it covers.

jaymo76
08-07-2010, 12:28 AM
Well, it may. The "official" description from last year's strategy guide is "The ability of a defender to play zone coverage". This could encompass everything from size of a zone to coverage to finding a man to reacting to the ball. No telling what all it covers.

Do you remember the good 'ol days of manuals that told you everything about everything. I would love to see EA/Tiburon post an online manual that goes over EVERYTHING in specific detail. I buy this title every year and there is still stuff I don't know... just imagine if you are new to the game...

JBHuskers
08-07-2010, 12:31 AM
Do you remember the good 'ol days of manuals that told you everything about everything. I would love to see EA/Tiburon post an online manual that goes over EVERYTHING in specific detail. I buy this title every year and there is still stuff I don't know... just imagine if you are new to the game...

Outside of a code on the back of it, the only game I've used a manual for in recent memory is Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV :D that's cuz I don't have the strategy guide.

skipwondah33
11-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Off topic I know

But is there a way to deactivate the online pass code?

I'm looking to sell my copy of NCAA since I don't have the time to play it anymore.

JeffHCross
11-08-2010, 12:53 PM
I don't believe so. It's a one-time use code that can't be turned on/off.

psusnoop
11-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Agreed this can't be deactivated once activated.

JBHuskers
11-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Yeah that would defeat the purpose of it if you could deactivate it.

baseballplyrmvp
01-12-2011, 02:06 PM
when a player gets on a hotstreak, is there any advantage to it (like does he receive a slight ratings bonus)? or is it purely visual and have no effect on gameplay?

HWill
01-12-2011, 02:23 PM
when a player gets on a hotstreak, is there any advantage to it (like does he receive a slight ratings bonus)? or is it purely visual and have no effect on gameplay?

In my current dynasty, I have a couple players on a hotstreak and as far as I have seen, there hasn't been any effect on ratings or anything like that.

baseballplyrmvp
01-12-2011, 03:11 PM

In my current dynasty, I have a couple players on a hotstreak and as far as I have seen, there hasn't been any effect on ratings or anything like that.i havent seen any ratings boosts either....i was thinking more along the lines of favorable boosts in the dice rolls when the cpu decides if i catch the ball or not

HWill
01-12-2011, 04:37 PM
i havent seen any ratings boosts either....i was thinking more along the lines of favorable boosts in the dice rolls when the cpu decides if i catch the ball or not

If there is, I haven't noticed it.

cdj
01-12-2011, 06:10 PM

I thought a slight ratings boost occurs sometimes, but maybe not for every Hot Streak.

It's very easy to get players on the DL into Hot Streaks. Manually control each for a few plays at the start of the game and they will get 'hot' quickly. I'm not sure if there is a huge bonus, but it has to do something behind the scenes - or at least you would think, or why else would it be there.

adembroski
01-12-2011, 10:03 PM
I thought a slight ratings boost occurs sometimes, but maybe not for every Hot Streak.

It's very easy to get players on the DL into Hot Streaks. Manually control each for a few plays at the start of the game and they will get 'hot' quickly. I'm not sure if there is a huge bonus, but it has to do something behind the scenes - or at least you would think, or why else would it be there.

It's my understanding that there is a small but appreciable boost to "intangible" ratings... THA, BRT, CAR, CTH, things like that. Immeasurable. But it doesn't apply to things like STR, SPD, ACC, AGI.

Oh, and Hi Tailgaters!

JeffHCross
01-13-2011, 01:03 AM
That makes some level of sense. If I'm "in the zone", as the cliché goes, I'm going to have a temporarily superior (to my norm) ability to play my position. That is not going to make me physically faster or stronger, but enhances my ability to make a play.

cdj
01-13-2011, 01:43 AM
It's my understanding that there is a small but appreciable boost to "intangible" ratings... THA, BRT, CAR, CTH, things like that. Immeasurable. But it doesn't apply to things like STR, SPD, ACC, AGI.

Oh, and Hi Tailgaters!

That would make sense. That would be a nice bonus that isn't overdone.

Thanks and welcome to the site! :)

adembroski
01-14-2011, 03:18 AM
I should also point out that there is also a small bonus to those same attributes simply for retaining control of the same player throughout the play. Meaning, in essence, over the 3-8 or so seconds the ball is in play, those attributes are increasing by a small amount. Should you switch off the player you are controlling, the bonuses reset. It doesn't carry over to the next snap, and I'm not sure how it works on offense... I would assume you'd have to take direct control of a back or something before the handoff to get it. I think it was put in back when controlling any player on a play was a new feature.

I'm not sure why they do this... it's in both games, but its effect is greatly diminished in Madden compared to NCAA. To be honest, it's possible it was removed last year, but I don't think so. I'll ask around.