PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Awards Question...

Bohica1010
02-21-2012, 11:30 AM
In our OD, we were looking at some of the defensive awards. We came across the following:

Bednarik Award

1st = Miami U Player - 25 tkls, 8 tfl, 27 atk, 2 ff and a TD
2nd = Ohio U Player - 26 tkls, 11 tlf, 22 atk, FF and 2 TDs
3rd = ASU Human Player - 60 tkls, 8 tfl, 27 atk
8th - ASU Human Player - 21 tkls, 11 tkl, 3 atk and 2 TDs.

No one in the top 7 had more then 2 INTs, I went and looked them up. The guy in 8th had 9 INTs. His stats are about the same but way up on the INTs. I know the computer does what it wants, when it wants, but why wouldn't it show INTs?

Even though they aren't showing, is it still taking them in to account?

Plus, I have looked at every other defensive award and not one of the players shows INTs for their season stats at the top. I could have swore I have seen INTs up there before. Does the computer change what it looks at or emphasizes season to season?

cdj
02-21-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm surprised the ASU human player with 60 tackles isn't running away with it. The INT element is odd as well. It sounds like that isn't a large factor in this award, when it probably be a should a bigger role.

JeffHCross
02-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Even though they aren't showing, is it still taking them in to account?Historically, yes. I haven't run into this exact scenario, but based on previous versions of the game, I believe that it factors in statistics beyond what it displays on the main screen. Just look at your "Player of the Week" results for a similar example. I've seen guys get PotW that have very few tackles, but got a INT or two, plus a Def TD, plus other stuff ... and all you'll see on the PotW screen is "3 Tkl", or something like that. It's very weird in what it chooses to display.

Bohica1010
02-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the insights. I just thought that it was really weird that not one player up for any defensive award showed a single INT. But we all know the game does what it wants, when it wants. I have had a few of my RBs lose the Heisman to QBs that didn't even win the best QB award.

psuexv
02-22-2012, 09:03 AM
I really don't see those results as shocking. Sacks are not listed so we don't really know how they compared in sacks and that could be why ASU guy isn't winning it. The top 2 guys are probably getting the nod for the FF and TDs.

Also if you look at the Bednarik award historically it usually goes to a Dlinemen or LB. Mathieu won it this year more for his game changing ability than his ints

JeffHCross
02-22-2012, 09:44 PM
I have had a few of my RBs lose the Heisman to QBs that didn't even win the best QB award.I'm 95% sure that the Davey O'Brien award heavily favors passing statistics, within the game, while the Heisman considers their all-around statistics, including running, etc. The logic could probably use an update, based on what I've seen in the last few versions of the game.