PDA

View Full Version : Off Season Training Results Question...

Bohica1010
02-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Does anyone know if the training results are totally random or can something else effect what their outcome is? For example, say you have a SR starter, JR and FR QB on your team. Normally your Sr would be your starter and if they went down or whatever, your JR would take over. At the end of the year, your SR is gone and since your JR is next in line they would get a decent result from training. Since the increase has a 0 to 6 scale it is tough to say what is decent I realize. But if you played your FR instead of your JR, would that playing time help to increase their training rating? If so, would good stats make it even better? Would bad stats make it worse? I didn't see this anywhere else or when I tried to search.

gschwendt
02-16-2012, 02:25 PM
I don't think playing time nor stats effect training results. I believe the primary impact are team prestige and also a hidden potential rating for players.

psuexv
02-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Wasn't it in older versions that playing time and stats had an effect?

I do remember somebody saying that PT has no effect on training results in this years game.

psusnoop
02-18-2012, 04:46 PM
We need a training coach which impacts these :nod:

I want a wide range of coaches though and not just a basic not good, good, and above average.

DariusLock
02-21-2012, 03:02 PM
I think stats/playing time should be a factor.

JeffHCross
02-21-2012, 09:36 PM
I think stats/playing time should be a factor.I was under the distinct impression that they are, but it's not the #1 factor. And, being reasonable, it shouldn't be because then there'd be a significant ability to "game" the system. So stats shouldn't be #1, but it should definitely be an influence ... and I thought it still was.

psuexv
02-24-2012, 12:38 AM
I was under the distinct impression that they are, but it's not the #1 factor. And, being reasonable, it shouldn't be because then there'd be a significant ability to "game" the system. So stats shouldn't be #1, but it should definitely be an influence ... and I thought it still was.

Stats maybe in a minor role, but PT definitely not anymore

JeffHCross
02-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Stats maybe in a minor role, but PT definitely not anymoreWell, you said PT and I read "stats". The game doesn't seem to track raw playing time at all (otherwise "Solid Playing Time" would work as a pitch with a lineman who doesn't generate statistics).

ryby6969
02-24-2012, 12:29 PM
I do not understand what Team Prestige has to do with training. It should not matter what school you are at, unless they use athletic facilities instead of Prestige.

Marlowe
02-24-2012, 01:40 PM
I always just assumed it went off athletic facilities since the icon is that of a guy lifting a barbell. :dunno:

Escobar
02-27-2012, 12:23 AM
I thought they said that Coach Prestige was the bigger factor in training results now. So now your players will progress better in the offseason if you are a successful coach, so in turn Team success plays a factor.

Razorjeff
02-29-2012, 09:22 AM
My understanding is that the current version of NCAA '12 does NOT progress players based on playing time or stats (the two are definitely exclusive!). While I'm happy that stats don't impact progression (just as in real life), I would like to see playing time increase two areas for each player.

1. Awareness should slowly improve with playing time. This could relate to multiple situations for each position. For example, higher awareness indicates quicker play recognition for defenders, or locating a fumble, or even sensing pressure from behind if you're a QB. Awareness is already in the game, but it is not being altered by playing time that I know of.

2. A new attribute should be included that could be called "Composure". This would reflect actual game experience and would help players deal with stressful situations. Examples of this would include kickers who have just been "iced" at the end of a game, or a QB who has been sacked several times during a game, or a RB who just fumbled away the football, or a DB who just got burned, or any player getting called for penalties such as offsides. Playing time should help raise this score.

The reason for this is that currently there is little to no motivation in game terms for playing a sophomore QB with an 82 OVR over a senior QB with an 83 OVR. Obviously the sophomore is your QB of the future, and in the real world he would probably be starting to build up his experience, composure, and rapport with the team. But in the video game, none of this matters.