PDA

View Full Version : I'm actually going tomorrow- Californians for Nebraska

ram29jackson
02-10-2012, 02:51 PM
My Nebraska fan friends are going to the Californians for Nebraska NU fund raiser in Diamond Bar California tomorrow-Saturday the 11th !

not sure how interesting it will be with the facilities manager being a speaker LOL but its a dinner and 2 free drink tickets and my friends paid for and invited me, so...

cdj
02-11-2012, 10:39 AM
I expect a full report upon your return. ;)

steelerfan
02-11-2012, 03:57 PM
I expect a full report upon your return. ;)

Don't we all.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

JeffHCross
02-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Welcome to The Anything Thread (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?425-The-Anything-Thread).

ram29jackson
02-17-2012, 04:12 AM
well..not thrilling...first, a woman with a presentation of how other big 10 schools are getting more money then Nebraska in various ways and really trying to push the funding...as it turns out,the facilities manager was the brother in law of the guy heading this Southern California chapter..so he probably added this to being part of vacation time....I forget his name, but he didnt know how to approach a speech and had to fill 40 minutes....so he actually came up with topics about his job by using terms in Alphabetical order from A to Z....yes,26 things he invented to talk about....a couple friends had already left the room LOL and I left somewhere about the letter F for all i remember LOL..there were like 80 people there and our table was the only one that got up to loiter in the hotel while this guy did his speech that he probably wanted nothing to do with....its hit and miss,one year,Osborne actually showed up and spoke..Vince Ferragamo..others..but this one was not a classic

ram29jackson
02-17-2012, 03:52 PM
and we had to wear name tag stickers and we all came up with silly fake names..I was Xaxier

ram29jackson
02-18-2012, 05:03 AM
..and we bowled 3 games before the dinner and 4 games after..really messes with your fingers and wrist when you bowl that much and arent great to begin with

psusnoop
02-18-2012, 06:50 AM
..and we bowled 3 games before the dinner and 4 games after..really messes with your fingers and wrist when you bowl that much and arent great to begin with

Now that's my kind of thing Ram. Really enjoy that sport quite a bit! :D

ram29jackson
02-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Now that's my kind of thing Ram. Really enjoy that sport quite a bit! :D

I bowl 2, 3, or 4 times a year...its just the thing this particular group of friends comes up with as pseudo competition fun if we cant think of anything else....I thought we were going to play pool after the dinner