PDA

View Full Version : Newbie: Offline Dynasty Questions

mcorey
02-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Have a few questions regarding NCAA 12. The last version I played was NCAA 09, so things have changed. I mostly play offline dynasty with a couple of Teambuilder teams. I was hoping I could get these questions answered.

1. Teambuilder/Coaching Carousel - In Teambuilder you provide a coach name, so is he created in your dynasty to be edited? Or do I need to create him in the dynasty first? Either way can I set his alma mater as a Teambuilder team? Do I need to create OC and DC?

2. Teambuilder/Rivalries - I remember in 2009 that whatever team you swapped out for a Teambuilder team any rivalries that the swapped out team had were inherited by the Teambuilder team, is this still the case? Have they added the ability for Teambuilder teams to pick rivals? Any other issues with swapping in Teambuilder teams?

3. Custom Conferences/Protected Rivals - Can someone explain this? How does this work with Teambuilder Teams?

Thanks for your help.

JeffHCross
02-06-2012, 08:23 PM
1. Teambuilder/Coaching Carousel - In Teambuilder you provide a coach name, so is he created in your dynasty to be edited? Or do I need to create him in the dynasty first? Either way can I set his alma mater as a Teambuilder team? Do I need to create OC and DC?I didn't try this, but I'm fairly confident that what would happen is that the coach name you give in Teambuilder would be used for the "existing coach" option on that team. But it's entirely possible that it's just totally ignored.

I don't think you can set a Teambuilder alma mater. And you do not need to create OCs or DCs.

2. Teambuilder/Rivalries - I remember in 2009 that whatever team you swapped out for a Teambuilder team any rivalries that the swapped out team had were inherited by the Teambuilder team, is this still the case? Have they added the ability for Teambuilder teams to pick rivals? Any other issues with swapping in Teambuilder teams?Rivalries are still swapped with Teambuilder teams. You cannot pick a specific rivalry. AFAIK, there are no other "issues" or considerations for swapping Teambuilder teams, though the rivalry swap can get complicated if you're using multiple Teambuilder teams.

3. Custom Conferences/Protected Rivals - Can someone explain this? How does this work with Teambuilder Teams?Check this blog/thread (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2257-NCAA-Football-12-Blog-Custom-Conferences). I don't think there's any special things to consider with Teambuilder teams. I would just swap the Teambuilder team in first before changing anything else. But, again, I haven't tried any of this.

Thanks for your help.[/QUOTE]