PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Superbowl Commercials?

DariusLock
02-06-2012, 11:20 AM
What were your favorites?

I liked the Dorittos one with the dog that killed the cat.
Also liked the car commercial where it looks like the Cheetah is gonna race it only to turn and attack the guy who opened the cage lol

skipwondah33
02-06-2012, 11:43 AM
I thought they all pretty much sucked. I chuckled at a few but they were in all garbage.

Then again I stopped paying attention to them after halftime.

cdj
02-06-2012, 11:49 AM
I thought overall, they were pretty lame. I did chuckle at a few....the M&Ms one, namely.

psusnoop
02-06-2012, 11:53 AM
I thought overall, they were pretty lame. I did chuckle at a few....the M&Ms one, namely.

The M&M one was by far the best one, the rest were quite lame

JBHuskers
02-06-2012, 12:12 PM
The M&M one was by far the best one, the rest were quite lame

...and that was in the first quarter :fp:

gschwendt
02-06-2012, 12:29 PM
I liked the Seinfeld one probably the best... though I saw the longer version earlier in the day as an ad before a Youtube video.

morsdraconis
02-06-2012, 12:32 PM
The Acura Senfield commerical was funny.

JBHuskers
02-06-2012, 12:40 PM
What perplexed me is even as early as the 2nd commercial of the game, there were ads that previously had been aired on TV. Like the Audi vampire one. That's been airing for a couple weeks now.

NatureBoy
02-06-2012, 07:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWrJgFjxlS0&feature=player_embedded

:drool::up: This one!

jaymo76
02-06-2012, 08:48 PM
The Fiat commercial was pretty good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAmE7n05vo8

JeffHCross
02-06-2012, 09:01 PM
What perplexed me is even as early as the 2nd commercial of the game, there were ads that previously had been aired on TV. Like the Audi vampire one. That's been airing for a couple weeks now.See this every year, but I don't understand it. Why on Earth would you pay that much money and use a spot that people have already seen?

morsdraconis
02-06-2012, 09:52 PM
See this every year, but I don't understand it. Why on Earth would you pay that much money and use a spot that people have already seen?

Because there's some retarded notion that more people watch the Super Bowl than anything else on TV and, therefore, advertising for it is at a premium because they think hitting someone during it with an advertisement is more effective than during normal programming. That, and these companies have more money than god already and they have completely retarded advertising people telling them how to best put the word out there about their product.

I only half watched the game as it was and didn't even watch 5% of the commercials. I only went and watched them on Youtube so that I could put my opinion of them in this thread.

morsdraconis
02-06-2012, 09:57 PM
All of this money spent on commercials and I can absolutely say, with absolute certainty, I have NEVER bought a product because of a commercial on TV.

gschwendt
02-06-2012, 10:07 PM
All of this money spent on commercials and I can absolutely say, with absolute certainty, I have NEVER bought a product because of a commercial on TV.I have... but the large majority of the time it's food and it's something like "ooh... I haven't eaten there in awhile".

morsdraconis
02-06-2012, 10:17 PM
I have... but the large majority of the time it's food and it's something like "ooh... I haven't eaten there in awhile".

I can definitely see that, but I really don't consider that on the same wavelength as a car commercial trying to get me to buy their piece of shit that's meant to go out in 5-10 years compared to another piece of shit that's meant to go out in 5-10 years.

The worst that happens for me from a food commercial is I decide to go eat something else. I don't have to run out and buy their shit, they just made me hungry for something and it does nothing at all if I haven't eaten at their place before and even less if I know their food sucks/isn't worth the price of said food.

Word of mouth is the best advertising any company could possibly EVER use. Anything else is just a waste of money on the small percentage chance of getting your product into the brains of the select few who watched/listened/looked at whatever you advertised through.

JeffHCross
02-07-2012, 08:16 PM
I can definitely see that, but I really don't consider that on the same wavelength as a car commercial trying to get me to buy their piece of shit that's meant to go out in 5-10 years compared to another piece of shit that's meant to go out in 5-10 years.I would never buy a car solely because of their commercials. But, but ... since I am in the market for a car, I am paying more attention to car commercials lately. So there are commercials that have made me aware of cars that, otherwise, I might not be aware of / consider.

JeffHCross
02-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Best Super Bowl car commercial.

Ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnZhPtpibSk