PDA

View Full Version : Speakers for PC/PS3 setup?

CLW
01-30-2012, 04:44 PM
My current gaming setup has my PS3 and PC hooked up to my 27" monitor in my office. The speakers on the monitor are AWFUL. I'd like to get a set of speakers that I can hook up to use and hook up so that I can hear sound when playing my PS3 via HDMI and my PC via DVI.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

gschwendt
01-30-2012, 04:49 PM
My current gaming setup has my PS3 and PC hooked up to my 27" monitor in my office. The speakers on the monitor are AWFUL. I'd like to get a set of speakers that I can hook up to use and hook up so that I can hear sound when playing my PS3 via HDMI and my PC via DVI.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!Go for a soundbar... small, good quality, pseudo-surround sound, not terribly expensive. Also, presumably your TV has a an optical connection and if so, that's the best route... it would use whatever video source as the audio to the soundbar.

CLW
01-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Go for a soundbar... small, good quality, pseudo-surround sound, not terribly expensive. Also, presumably your TV has a an optical connection and if so, that's the best route... it would use whatever video source as the audio to the soundbar.

It's a computer monitor and not a t.v. I don't think it has an optical connection but I'll double check tonight when I get home.