PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about Dynasty Mode vs. CPU on Heisman Difficulty

keyser soze
01-26-2012, 07:47 AM
i have played a lot now so i want to post my thoughts about dynasty play this year vs. CPU on heisman

- game overall is best in series (when it works)
- i like how the cpu cheat on heisman has been toned ddown and skills matter
- i like how both running and passing work
- i like how most of the plays are now usable
- i like how having a great o-line matters

- dislike CPU play calling... its horrible
- dislike the lack of physics at times seen particularly in passing game
- ball flight trajectory is broke
- DB warping at times is broke
- CPU recruiting is still shaky at best

ram29jackson
01-30-2012, 03:47 AM
madden has a much better squib kick than NCAA . Bad ball physics

keyser soze
02-06-2012, 06:46 PM
LOL... this site is officially DORMANT! When does it come back to life?

steelerfan
02-06-2012, 07:47 PM
LOL... this site is officially DORMANT! When does it come back to life?

Try Operation Sports. You'll probably get lots of responses to your "I move Free Safeties to EVERY position" type threads over there. :nod:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

WarEagle
02-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Try Operation Sports. You'll probably get lots of responses to your "I move Free Safeties to EVERY position" type threads over there. :nod:

Sweet. :nod:

keyser soze
02-07-2012, 07:04 PM

awesome duuuude!!! :D

steelerfan
02-07-2012, 07:22 PM
awesome duuuude!!! :D

;)

Jayrah
02-25-2012, 10:01 AM
In the couple of Heisman games I've played so far the cpu playcalling has been outstanding against me. Really keep me off balance, throwing in an occassional designed scramble. All option for Army and a lot of option for Michigan with Denard with some roll outs and PA passes over the top. Also I could not sack him.

Razorjeff
02-29-2012, 09:45 AM
I play offline dynasty in spectator mode - specifically because (A) I hate controlling the players, and (B) the playcalling, for better or for worse, is equal. I'm pretty much alone in this, but I enjoy doing all the fussing with rosters, recruiting, depth charts, etc. and then sitting back and watching the game play out while I drink coffee and play Words With Friends, lol.

Anywhoo, I'm commenting on this because I have the game difficulty set to All-Pro but recruiting set to Heisman. I've found the recruiting very satisfying and challenging. I am in my third years as a two-star prestige Univ. of Washington, and have yet to even sniff a 5-star recruit. I get 2-4 4-star recruits each season, but they're always HB or WR which I think is pretty common. My recruiting class rank rank has been #39 in year one, #49 in year two, and currently #28 heading into my bowl game in season three.

For me, it's about creating the most realistic sim experience possible, and I would agree with Keyser (the OP) that this is the best of the series so far. Gameplay is so much better, progression (while flawed) is still much better (no more stagnant O-Line numbers), and compared to Madden the commentary and presentation are much better. I really enjoy recruiting between games, and each week has that "just one more game so I can recruit more" factor that is critical to my enjoyment of the game.

From my perspective as a spectator, my biggest concern is the poor coaching AI at the end of each half or 4th quarter, when the AI defense (for both teams) fails to call appropriate pass coverage defenses when it is obviously a long-pass situation. Too often the CPU calls defenses where there is only one safety, and he just sits there and lets two receivers run past him twenty yards before he decides to turn around and pursue. It doesn't necessarily affect wins and losses that much, since it does this for both teams, but it destroys my pass-defense statistics and national ratings. One team may be shut down until 10 seconds left in the first half, then complete an 80-yard TD bomb over a lazy safety going into the locker room. Then again, at the end of the game, do the same thing again for a 70-yard strike, even in a losing cause. That's 150 yards my defense has given up due to the CPU failing to call a dime package or a prevent defense - or even having the safeties do what they're supposed to do, which is not let receivers get behind them!

Other than that one issue, I have few complaints.