PDA

View Full Version : NCAA 12 Online Dynasty Website Upgrade Now Live

JBHuskers
01-17-2012, 06:20 PM
After an indefinite "Coming Soon" period, the upgraded NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty Website (http://www.easports.com/dynasty/) is now live.

Among the significant improvements included in the new website are a Teams tab dedicated to showing the status of OD members (game result and time remaining in recruiting) and ESPN.com style design in displaying standings.

After checking out the new site (http://www.easports.com/dynasty/), share your thoughts here with the community. If you notice any bugs or issues, please post them here and we will pass them on to the development team.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/NCAA12ODSiteUpgrade.PNG

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/NCAA12ODSiteUpgrade2.PNG

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/NCAA12ODSiteUpgrade3.PNG

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/NCAA12ODSiteUpgrade4.PNG

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/NCAA12ODSiteUpgrade5.PNG

SmoothPancakes
01-17-2012, 06:36 PM
So much for that. I'm getting a server error just trying to get on the dynasty website.

baseballplyrmvp
01-17-2012, 06:58 PM
damn! the upgrade is awesome!

noticed some bugs though:

1. under the recruiting tab, when looking at my board (currently viewing the tgt360 od), i'm unable to sort the recruits by their caliber, position or name.....even when i go to the individual positions, it wont sort. i have 25 recruits on my board and they're all committed to me. it looks like they're listed in the order they committed.

2. when viewing my recruits skills, kickers and punters dont have anything showing up.

JBHuskers
01-17-2012, 07:38 PM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?537-NCAA-12-Online-Dynasty-Website-Upgrade-Now-Live

baseballplyrmvp
01-17-2012, 07:48 PM
i like the new ability to see the progress of everyone's status. this will make it a lot easier and faster to keep dynasties going.

really sucks that they took out the box scores for games that you played during the season, even though it wasnt working in the first place.

Bohica1010
01-17-2012, 07:55 PM
I love the new site! I love that you can see more on 1 page than you could before. It is also nice that it looks like what we see on ESPN. That makes it a lot easier and more realistic for sure!

I am not sure if it is a bug or not, but I didn't see where there was the option to export stats?

I would like to see any awards or honors that the players have on the roster page when you select an player.

cdj
01-17-2012, 07:57 PM
I am not sure if it is a bug or not, but I didn't see where there was the option to export stats?

At the very top of the site, click on Download and it will give you a tab that lets you select exactly what you want to export.

Gotmadskillzson
01-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Took them long enough ! Looks awesome though, too bad so many traded in the game that not many could take advantage of it.

cdj
01-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Just finished a week of offseason recruiting on the site and thought it worked very well. IMHO, the TEAMS tab is the best feature of the new site.

- Sometimes on the SCHEDULE tab, the game story/recap does not appear on the right side. Of five or six visits to his tab, the story only appeared once. It shows the two team logos and below has the score and story not found. EDIT - Regular season games show just fine, but the bowl game is where it rarely (if ever) shows correctly.

To clarify, the TEAMS tab is working now. I had the same issue earlier where it was not.

baseballplyrmvp
01-17-2012, 08:46 PM
it'd also be nice to be able to set yourself as ready to advance from the "teams" tab

Bohica1010
01-17-2012, 09:25 PM
At the very top of the site, click on Download and it will give you a tab that lets you select exactly what you want to export.

Thanks!

psusnoop
01-18-2012, 07:00 AM
Very nice, I like the new look. Huge :up:

cdj
01-18-2012, 07:13 AM
it'd also be nice to be able to set yourself as ready to advance from the "teams" tab

Agreed.

Actually, it looks like the TEAMS tab is working for my 360 OD, but not the PS3 OD.

hawkeyeguy
01-18-2012, 08:59 AM
I love the new site! I hate the way it wasn't ready when the game came out.

psuexv
01-18-2012, 09:18 AM
Am I the only one that is completely disappointed. Granted it looks cool and they did a nice job, but his seriously took them this long to put out? All they did was slap a new coat of paint on it and reorg'ed some things. There is nothing mind blowing here. For all of the wait they could have done so much more. I can't find the article but pre-release there was talk about history and other kinds of stuff available on the new website.

I do like the recruiting page and being able to see a lot more information without having to go into the recruits actual page.
The Standings page looks good
The Rankings page is lack luster
The Stats page is nice
I don't like the layout of the highlights on the stories, it was nice to be able to view them all and click which one you wanted to watch.

JeffHCross
01-18-2012, 08:03 PM
1. under the recruiting tab, when looking at my board (currently viewing the tgt360 od), i'm unable to sort the recruits by their caliber, position or name.....even when i go to the individual positions, it wont sort. i have 25 recruits on my board and they're all committed to me. it looks like they're listed in the order they committed.That may or may not be by design. On the console, if your board is nothing but committed recruits, I don't think you can sort them there either.

EDIT: I'd be curious if Height & Weight are included in the roster export now. They weren't previously.

baseballplyrmvp
01-18-2012, 09:15 PM
That may or may not be by design. On the console, if your board is nothing but committed recruits, I don't think you can sort them there either.
yes you can, i just tried sorting by caliber with a board full of committed recruits, and it did it. now my board is sorted by caliber on the website too, however, it wont sort em by position or name. its not a big deal to me, and it probably works correctly if the recruits arent committed, but its still something that should be fixed, nonetheless.

baseballplyrmvp
01-18-2012, 10:42 PM
i like the new ability to see the progress of everyone's status. this will make it a lot easier and faster to keep dynasties going.

really sucks that they took out the box scores for games that you played during the season, even though it wasnt working in the first place.

i take back that comment :blush:. after a little digging, by clicking on the schedule tab, selecting one of my games, and then clicking on either the scoring, player stats, or team stats tab (under the pictures), the box scores/statistics correctly show up.

hawkeyeguy
01-19-2012, 10:25 AM
My "teams" page has disappeared from our online dynasty league

psuexv
01-19-2012, 11:53 AM
There's an issue with the online recruiting. If you go to make a promise it doesn't tell you what you have already promised. If you choose on that you have already picked it kicks you an error and can't get back to the call.

psuexv
01-19-2012, 12:09 PM
I've also noticed that when you go to set what you want to focus on during a visit it doesn't show you how you match up with that recruits interest. You have to make sure you have that recruit selected so his info shows up on the right and you have Pitch Info selected

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/rec.jpg

cdj
01-25-2012, 08:48 PM
The site should also be working more efficiently on mobile devices. I just finished doing od recruiting on my kindle fire with no major issues. Sometimes the call did not load, but hitting back and trying again or reloading would do the trick.

ryby6969
01-26-2012, 10:56 AM
I cannot seem to get this to work.

cdj
01-26-2012, 12:16 PM
I cannot seem to get this to work.

Either post or PM me with the issues you're having and let's see if we can get it figured out or the issues sent on to the dev team. What is happening (or not happening) exactly?

ryby6969
01-26-2012, 12:27 PM
When I go to it and sign in, it will not browse the OD's or anything. It just sits at the screen that is giving a description of all the things that are included in the website.

gschwendt
01-26-2012, 12:33 PM
When I go to it and sign in, it will not browse the OD's or anything. It just sits at the screen that is giving a description of all the things that are included in the website.Were you able to access the old site? Can you sign into the old site today (upper left corner)? What browser are you using?

cdj
01-26-2012, 12:38 PM
- The word filter is censoring some odd words. (Championship, for example.)

- When a user updates or edits a story recap, it changes the date to when the edit was made, meaning that an edit to a Week 1 story would move it to the front of the 2013 Stories list, regardless of current OD week. (This has been an issue since inception of the site and ruins continuity in stories.)

cdj
01-26-2012, 12:40 PM
When I go to it and sign in, it will not browse the OD's or anything. It just sits at the screen that is giving a description of all the things that are included in the website.

Were you able to access the old site? Can you sign into the old site today (upper left corner)? What browser are you using?

I'll add:

- What happens when you sign into easports.com? Does that work right and what does it say in the upper right? Maybe you are not on the right user profile? (You have to make sure you are on 'ryby6969' and the correct gaming system. EA has options (provided you have made accounts) for PS3, 360 and EA ID (web games).

ryby6969
01-26-2012, 12:46 PM
Were you able to access the old site? Can you sign into the old site today (upper left corner)? What browser are you using?
I am on my wife's cpu so I am using IE. It says I am being logged out because of an error.

ryby6969
01-26-2012, 12:48 PM
It says ryby6969. It seems like the normal website and everything works right as far as I can tell.

Edit: I do have some red x's where some pics should be I assume.

cdj
01-26-2012, 12:51 PM
It says ryby6969. It seems like the normal website and everything works right as far as I can tell.

Click on ryby6969 and that should take you to your profile. In the upper right (just below 'ryby6969's Player Hub'), does it show the PS3 icon next to your name? If not, click change and make sure PS3 is selected.

ryby6969
01-26-2012, 12:56 PM
When I click change nothing happens.

cdj
01-26-2012, 12:59 PM
When I click change nothing happens.

Is there a PS3 icon next to your name there?

Dumb question: Are you using the same e-mail address for dynasty.easports.com & easports.com that you have set-up within NCAA Football 12?

This is a weird issue....

ryby6969
01-26-2012, 01:00 PM
No PS3 icon and yeah, I use the same E-mail address for everything.

cdj
01-26-2012, 01:07 PM
No PS3 icon and yeah, I use the same E-mail address for everything.

OK, something isn't synced right then. I'm trying to remember how to fix it....

So right now, there is no icon - not even an EA logo, correct?

When signed into easports.com and viewing your profile, are you still signed in? That was my problem when I looked at the site a few minutes ago. It had signed me out and that would remove your ability to change your persona.

ryby6969
01-26-2012, 01:11 PM
There is an EA logo on the left. It still says I am logged in but the statistics and everything are acting like they are still loading.

cdj
01-26-2012, 01:13 PM
You said 'Change' does not work. As in button does nothing, isn't there or there are no options? When you click it, does an option to 'Add Persona' show up below?

Check your PMs in a few.

ryby6969
01-26-2012, 01:16 PM
The "Change" button does nothing when I click it.

ryby6969
01-26-2012, 01:41 PM
I switched to Mozilla and it is working now. Thanks CDJ.

Kansacity88
01-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Hey CDJ, I clicked on teams tab and am seeing nothing. I think I saw someone in a post above saying that its not working for PS3 dynasties (which I am a part of). Any ideas?

cdj
01-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Hey CDJ, I clicked on teams tab and am seeing nothing. I think I saw someone in a post above saying that its not working for PS3 dynasties (which I am a part of). Any ideas?

Mine did not work for the first day or two, but has been since. Maybe sign out and back in....see if that does it.

Kansacity88
01-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Nahh.....still nothing. I will wait a couple days. Its not like I haven't waited long enough for the upgrade......whats a few more days? *shrugs* Oh well.

cdj
01-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Nahh.....still nothing. I will wait a couple days. Its not like I haven't waited long enough for the upgrade......whats a few more days? *shrugs* Oh well.

At what point in the season are you? I think we were in the pre-season phase when it didn't show, but now that we are in the regular season it is working fine.

Kansacity88
01-27-2012, 12:31 PM
We are in Week 5, and I just went and started browsing other dynasties and hit the teams button and theirs popped up. So I went back to mine and it still doesn't show up.

Bohica1010
02-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Teams Tab is showing the teams online again this morning for the PS3 ODs.

Bohica1010
02-04-2012, 10:51 AM
I noticed online that for my PS3 online dynasty if you go in and edit your story online for a game, after a day, maybe less, all of a sudden your Scoring, Team Stats, and Player Stats tabs disappear and it only shows the Recap and Comments Tabs. Also, when you go to your schedule, when you click on a game where you edited your story it only shows the team logos and a colored background. It shows the score on the bottom and then "No Story Found". I also love the fact they starred out the "Keeping" in the title that they put there to begin with! That is just stupid. They also starred out the word "Pick".<br>

All Tabs No Edit:
http://www.tumbleweedsport.com/ncaaimages/All%20Tabs.jpg<br>

After Edit Missing Tabs
http://www.tumbleweedsport.com/ncaaimages/After%20Edit%20No%20Tabs.jpg<br>

Schedule Page
http://www.tumbleweedsport.com/ncaaimages/Schedule%20Page.jpg<br>

Also, when you check player stats for games online, if you look at the defensive player stat categories, it says INF instead of INT.<br>

INF Typo
http://www.tumbleweedsport.com/ncaaimages/Interceptions%20as%20INF.jpg

hawkeyeguy
02-08-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right thread but it would be awesome if the dynasty website could do offseason stuff too.

psuexv
02-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Here's some feedback on a glitch that I saw.

Recruiting and landed on Pro potential which I had as an A+ and it's the most for the recruit. So I compared topic and got this result. Something messed up. Have not had it happen before but wanted to pass along. (edit - had it happen again)

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/call.jpg

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/pitch.jpg

psuexv
02-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Also if they could fix the instant commit that would be cool. When you get an instant commit on the web it goes to almost a blank screen and at first it appears it was an error. The only indication is the little blue check on the right. Also there is no button to get back to the recruiting board.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/instant.jpg

psuexv
02-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Ok so I should probably quit trying to recruit on the web today. I've had this one happen twice now in regards to promises offered. I did see this when they first launched the site but thought it might be related to the fact that we were in midseason when they upgraded and promises didn't carry over. We are in a new season now so all of these recruits were on the new layout. It doesn't tell you which promises you've already used and when you try to pick one you already used you get this error. The big problem is there is no way to back out as when I try get an error trying to get back into the call. When I back out to the recruiting board that recruit can't be called anymore.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/promise.jpg

psuexv
02-09-2012, 12:11 PM
In testing out the "compare topic" issue, it's consistently giving the recruits interest as Above Average no matter what it actually is.

gschwendt
02-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Errors happening on the OD site as of this moment... when you pull up your recruiting list, it shows you a different teams recruit list (you can tell because of the commitments). If you try to call one of the recruits, it seems to let you, only it uses from your bucket of time.

I've sent an email to the devs, I'll let you know if I hear back anything.

psusnoop
02-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Also when you can see your team after looking at 2 or 3 recruits on your board you'll get an error message and won't be able to view anyone else without going to something else. I just went to another OD and then tried it again and it worked but was a pain to record and track some recruiting information from the web.

oweb26
02-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Errors happening on the OD site as of this moment... when you pull up your recruiting list, it shows you a different teams recruit list (you can tell because of the commitments). If you try to call one of the recruits, it seems to let you, only it uses from your bucket of time.

I've sent an email to the devs, I'll let you know if I hear back anything.

Any news on this I am running into this like crazy today. It actually starting to get kinda irritating, normally a refresh would work but it basically just taking me to different teams recruiting boards.

I guess I could cheat and kick people off the CPU boards that I want. lol

psuexv
02-28-2012, 10:41 AM
I guess I could cheat and kick people off the CPU boards that I want. lol

Who knows if this would even work. I pulled it up the other day and it had all of these recruits committed to Western Kentucky, 4 and 5 stars. Then I looked at the guys on the top of the board that hadn't committed and that had the team as number one and it was Tennessee :smh:.

oweb26
02-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Yeah its really messing up it just showed me some people that had committed that but they had committed to the EA team and they realy didnt commit to anyone most of them had SDSU as the leader, now I am trying to advance and its asking me to advance from Week 1, problem is I am in week 8

psuexv
02-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Just found a work around for recruiting on the dynasty site. If you go to the '12 Old Site in the top left corner, your correct recruits seem to show up and you can recruit.

Haven't tried out promises or comparing pitches yet but I'm assuming they will work too

Coach Kernzy
02-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Yeah the new site looks nice and all but functionally it's worthless. I use the old site for pretty much everything because I know it works the way it's supposed to.

psuexv
03-09-2012, 09:08 AM
I'm sure the they already know this but the recruiting on the new site doesn't even show the correct pool of recruits. I have signed the #1 mlb and it shows as so on the old site and on the console. But when I go to the new site and go to all prospects - mlb - he's nowhere to be listed. Looked at a couple other of my signees as well and the same thing.

JeffHCross
03-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Are you sure it's not as simple as "they removed anybody you've signed"?

psuexv
03-12-2012, 09:51 AM

No, you still see committed players.

psusnoop
03-14-2012, 07:46 AM
Hey Chris and JB, any chance we could get an update from EA about the online website and the issues with the recruiting?

I do like to recruit/view/track information from the website but the new site is impossible to do so in. Sure I know I can revert back to the old site, but it really isn't any fun to go backwards.

oweb26
03-14-2012, 09:30 AM

Its messed up Jeff me and psu and coah were just talking about this a couple fo post up. It is totally FUBAR in its current state its even like they are using a completely different recruiting class whats even worse is that its totally random.

JeffHCross
03-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Its messed up Jeff me and psu and coah were just talking about this a couple of posts up.Whoops. Somehow I didn't connect what you guys had been talking about and what Eric posted.

ram29jackson
04-05-2012, 03:58 PM
I finally looked at every category on the dynasty site and its not that big a deal for being a full site.

You dont see stuff like over all offensive and defensive rank for all teams. And I think you only see the top 25 individuals in each category. I did expect a little more than that

ram29jackson
04-19-2012, 08:24 PM
whats the deal?
I logged in to Dyn. site, it recognised me as fullback29 but blocked me saying I wasnt apart of a dynasty which I am of course....? but I cant log in i'm sure ive done it
once or twice since getting the new pc..ive been to my EA sports world with no problem.

ram29jackson
04-19-2012, 08:24 PM
whats the deal?
I logged in to Dyn. site, it recognised me as fullback29 but blocked me saying I wasnt apart of a dynasty which I am of course....? but I cant log in i'm sure ive done it
once or twice since getting the new pc..ive been to my EA sports world with no problem.

ram29jackson
04-20-2012, 12:50 AM
seriously..I want some help, it wont log me in ..?

ram29jackson
04-20-2012, 01:05 PM
2 other guys in my Dyn. are having the same problem

ram29jackson
04-25-2012, 09:17 AM
I still cant log in to mine

gschwendt
04-25-2012, 09:26 AM
whats the deal?
Go to http://easports.com. Sign in with your email address. Once signed in, you'll notice which Persona you're signed in with. If it shows the PS3 logo, then you're signed in with the PS3 persona attached to your email address. If not, click the Change button and choose the PS3 persona.

That's about the only thing I can imagine it would be.

ram29jackson
04-25-2012, 09:45 AM
thanks..where is the change button ?

ram29jackson
04-25-2012, 09:49 AM
ok, that worked, thanks..yes, i found where to change my ps3 headiing..odd thing though

gschwendt
04-25-2012, 09:49 AM
thanks..where is the change button ?If you're not already there, go to your Player Hub. Once at your player hub, you'll notice your avatar on the right and above it is the persona. To the right of the persona name is the Change + button (or should be).

hawkeyeguy
04-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Use the old site, this new one continues to be crap and EA Sports should be embarrassed by what they put out

gschwendt
04-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Use the old site, this new one continues to be crap and EA Sports should be embarrassed by what they put outOther than the recruits page (which is certainly bad), what other issues are you experiencing?

ram29jackson
05-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Other than the recruits page (which is certainly bad), what other issues are you experiencing?

maybe unrelated to your question..but I hate that you cant upload all the highlights that are possible because game freezes when you do and none load...the dynasty doesnt save/keep highlights from past seasons, or maybe beyond a few weeks.

hawkeyeguy
05-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Other than the recruits page (which is certainly bad), what other issues are you experiencing?

The recruits page is one of the main reasons I use the site and when that's messed up (as badly as it's been) EA Sports should be embarrassed by it and take it down or fix it.

ram29jackson
05-29-2012, 05:29 PM
it would kind of help if you didnt have to log in every single time.....and like on league daddy, you should be able to see the entire NCAA, not just top 25..boring..and it doesnt save your history anyway

hawkeyeguy
06-26-2012, 10:50 AM
So is the dynasty website going to be operational for NCAA13 or not? It's still having the same issues with 12

gschwendt
06-26-2012, 10:58 AM
So is the dynasty website going to be operational for NCAA13 or not? It's still having the same issues with 12
They will have an updated version for NCAA13 and I have passed along all of the bugs and issues with the 12 site and it sounds like they've addressed at least the major ones. Obviously we won't know until we get our hands on it but I would expect the two biggest ones (in my mind) to be fixed: wrong target list showing up & calls crashing due to promises already made.

If there are other bugs that you can pinpoint, by all means post them and I'll forward them on and/or check once the site goes live. This is the first year I/we've had direct contact with the web developer so it should help us in communicating these issues.

hawkeyeguy
06-26-2012, 11:01 AM
They will have an updated version for NCAA13 and I have passed along all of the bugs and issues with the 12 site and it sounds like they've addressed at least the major ones. Obviously we won't know until we get our hands on it but I would expect the two biggest ones (in my mind) to be fixed: wrong target list showing up & calls crashing due to promises already made.

If there are other bugs that you can pinpoint, by all means post them and I'll forward them on and/or check once the site goes live. This is the first year I/we've had direct contact with the web developer so it should help us in communicating these issues.

I'm pretty sure most of the issues have been laid out in this thread and it's great you have some direct contact. The website is great for the game, advancing the dynasty from work/phone but when it doesn't work it's such a pain in the ass.

ram29jackson
06-26-2012, 03:34 PM
this wasnt all that big a deal in the long run.

you only saw stats for top players, not the entire league.

and highlights dont save for the entire dynasty. after a season they are gone.

and half the time you couldnt successfully load dynasty highlights to the sight after a game.

hawkeyeguy
06-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Recruiting online was next to impossible on the new site so yeah it was a big deal to me

souljahbill
06-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Do you still lose your recruitment time if there's a problem? I remember calling recruits and then have it not go through and I lost my hour of time on nothing.

JeffHCross
06-28-2012, 09:38 PM
If there are other bugs that you can pinpoint, by all means post them and I'll forward them on and/or check once the site goes live. This is the first year I/we've had direct contact with the web developer so it should help us in communicating these issues.Not having the ability to export every team's roster is pretty big to me, but that's probably just me.

psuexv
06-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Not having the ability to export every team's roster is pretty big to me, but that's probably just me.

This, Though I think it was by design and not a bug.

gschwendt
06-28-2012, 09:53 PM
This, Though I think it was by design and not a bug.I believe the only "by design"part is I think they underestimated how many people wanted to download all so when they centrally located the download choices, there wasn't really a way to allow a team choice so they left it out. I stressed bringing it back so we'll see if it returns at some point along with some other suggestions I made.

psuexv
06-28-2012, 10:08 PM
I believe the only "by design"part is I think they underestimated how many people wanted to download all so when they centrally located the download choices, there wasn't really a way to allow a team choice so they left it out. I stressed bringing it back so we'll see if it returns at some point along with some other suggestions I made.

I'm sure you had some good suggestions so hopefully they do make it in.