PDA

View Full Version : Looking for suggestions on position switches

keyser soze
01-17-2012, 12:23 PM
just recently removed house rule from dynasty regarding not switching a players position. i have recruited the following stud FS and i am wondering which should be LB and which possible DEs.

Baker
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 220 lbs
Hometown: Hilliard, OH
ratings
statistics
Base
Speed98
Strength81
Agility84
Acceleration95
Jumping80
Awareness44
Stamina92
Injury84
Rushing
Break Tackle48
Trucking47
Elusiveness45
Stiff Arm17
Spin Move34
Juke Move46
Carrying52
Ball Carrier Vision46
Blocking
Pass Block40
Run Block40
Pass Block Strength30
Pass Block Footwork21
Run Block Footwork33
Run Block Foot Strength14
Impact Blocking40
Receiving
Catching70
Spectacular Catch84
Catch in Traffic71
Route Running77
Release80
Tackling
Tackle86
Hit Power83
Pursuit83
Play Recognition77
Block Shedding
Power Moves68
Finesse Moves70
Block Shedding62
Coverage
Man Coverage80
Zone Coverage80
Press81
Passing
Throw Power40
Throw Accuracy40
Special Teams
Kick Power40
Kick Accuracy40
Return62

Alexander
Weight: 215 lbs
Hometown: Wells Branch, TX
ratings
statistics
Base
Speed97
Strength79
Agility83
Acceleration93
Jumping79
Awareness53
Stamina90
Injury84
Rushing
Break Tackle48
Trucking47
Elusiveness45
Stiff Arm17
Spin Move34
Juke Move47
Carrying53
Ball Carrier Vision46
Blocking
Pass Block40
Run Block40
Pass Block Strength30
Pass Block Footwork21
Run Block Footwork15
Run Block Foot Strength32
Impact Blocking39
Receiving
Catching70
Spectacular Catch85
Catch in Traffic70
Route Running76
Release80
Tackling
Tackle85
Hit Power80
Pursuit79
Play Recognition75
Block Shedding
Power Moves66
Finesse Moves66
Block Shedding60
Coverage
Man Coverage80
Zone Coverage80
Press81
Passing
Throw Power40
Throw Accuracy40
Special Teams
Kick Power40
Kick Accuracy40
Return61

Davis
Weight: 212 lbs
Hometown: Madisonville, KY
ratings
statistics
Base
Speed93
Strength67
Agility92
Acceleration92
Jumping73
Awareness40
Stamina81
Injury84
Rushing
Break Tackle40
Trucking19
Elusiveness22
Stiff Arm38
Spin Move16
Juke Move17
Carrying53
Ball Carrier Vision80
Blocking
Pass Block40
Run Block40
Pass Block Strength17
Pass Block Footwork32
Run Block Footwork19
Run Block Foot Strength41
Impact Blocking37
Receiving
Catching67
Spectacular Catch54
Catch in Traffic57
Route Running60
Release52
Tackling
Tackle84
Hit Power74
Pursuit74
Play Recognition81
Block Shedding
Power Moves55
Finesse Moves60
Block Shedding65
Coverage
Man Coverage72
Zone Coverage74
Press76
Passing
Throw Power40
Throw Accuracy40
Special Teams
Kick Power40
Kick Accuracy40
Return49

baseballplyrmvp
01-17-2012, 12:36 PM
i'd put baker and alexander at linebacker, and davis on the d-line. however, i'd play around with some formation subs and use all 3 of em on the line.

davis has a high play recognition rating, so he's always gonna be around the ball. baker has the best finesse move so he's also worth dropping down on the line, but with his speed, he's worth moving around to several different spots (lb, d-end, cb), and blitzing the hell outta him.

i'd keep alexander at lb full time though.

keyser soze
01-17-2012, 02:22 PM
i'd put baker and alexander at linebacker, and davis on the d-line. however, i'd play around with some formation subs and use all 3 of em on the line.

davis has a high play recognition rating, so he's always gonna be around the ball. baker has the best finesse move so he's also worth dropping down on the line, but with his speed, he's worth moving around to several different spots (lb, d-end, cb), and blitzing the hell outta him.

i'd keep alexander at lb full time though.

interesting. you would not factor STR in the equation? i am unsure what does what any more. i do think putting 2 at DE is a must as long as i can stop the run. i will try your suggestion out at the beginning of next season. 2 of those guys are true frosh being red shirted this year.

baseballplyrmvp
01-17-2012, 03:18 PM
interesting. you would not factor STR in the equation? i am unsure what does what any more. i do think putting 2 at DE is a must as long as i can stop the run. i will try your suggestion out at the beginning of next season. 2 of those guys are true frosh being red shirted this year.i dont know either. it'd be interesting to find out how certain ratings affect certain interactions, and how certain ratings are used though.

keyser soze
01-17-2012, 03:21 PM
i dont know either. it'd be interesting to find out how certain ratings affect certain interactions, and how certain ratings are used though.

my plan was actually Baker at DE with Alexander or Davis at MLB. whichever doesn't get MLB plays RE. thoughts?

baker is at LE for me this year and he is a BEAST!!! the cpu doesn't get much time to throw! LOL

baseballplyrmvp
01-17-2012, 03:35 PM
ya, that could also work. baker would hold up to an OT better than the other 2, and has the better moves. i looked at baker's and alexander's catching/spectacular catch/catch in traffic ratings and would want to put them in a place to make a play on the ball.

either way, though, your pass rush is gonna get there fast! :D in this situation, i dont think there's necessarily a wrong choice. you said in another thread that you mostly blitz every down, and with this kind of speed on the field for you, you'll hardly notice if one guy is at d-end or at linebacker. there's my two pennies. lol

keyser soze
01-17-2012, 03:49 PM
ya, that could also work. baker would hold up to an OT better than the other 2, and has the better moves. i looked at baker's and alexander's catching/spectacular catch/catch in traffic ratings and would want to put them in a place to make a play on the ball.

either way, though, your pass rush is gonna get there fast! :D in this situation, i dont think there's necessarily a wrong choice. you said in another thread that you mostly blitz every down, and with this kind of speed on the field for you, you'll hardly notice if one guy is at d-end or at linebacker. there's my two pennies. lol

yeah, i agree... should be fun to watch as long as i am not giving up a ton of long runs because everyone is pancaked! LOL

if i make it another 3 seasons my team D speed will be totally insane! how do you suggest i recruit for the DT position? do i put the elite DE, DL, LB or even big safeties in there? I do need to be able to stop the run as my safeties are off manning up WRs a lot

baseballplyrmvp
01-17-2012, 07:28 PM
how do you suggest i recruit for the DT position? do i put the elite DE, DL, LB or even big safeties in there? I do need to be able to stop the run as my safeties are off manning up WRs a lotthat i cant help you with. mostly because i dont do any radical position switching in the first place. safety to linebacker, rb to fullback, and o-line switching, are about the only things i do.

keyser soze
01-18-2012, 09:04 AM
that i cant help you with. mostly because i dont do any radical position switching in the first place. safety to linebacker, rb to fullback, and o-line switching, are about the only things i do.

DE to DT would be radical compared to your examples above?

baseballplyrmvp
01-18-2012, 09:13 AM
no, i forgot to list that one (d-line switching). oops

keyser soze
01-18-2012, 10:07 AM
no, i forgot to list that one (d-line switching). oops

so which do you prefer, a DE at DT at DT?

baseballplyrmvp
01-18-2012, 12:15 PM
unless i find a dt who has great speed, strength, and a good finesse move, my d-ends play d-end and my dt's play dt. when i'm first starting out a dynasty, i'm more likely to do a position switch, but once i reach the powerhouse ranks, i usually just keep guys at the spots they play.

keyser soze
01-18-2012, 12:55 PM
unless i find a dt who has great speed, strength, and a good finesse move, my d-ends play d-end and my dt's play dt. when i'm first starting out a dynasty, i'm more likely to do a position switch, but once i reach the powerhouse ranks, i usually just keep guys at the spots they play.

if you get a super FS with size like Baker above i recommend putting him at DE... its fun to watch him run around or control him... dude is fast!

keyser soze
01-21-2012, 02:02 PM
fwiw, i finished the season and Baker had well over 100+ sacks for the season and i don't control him!!!! yeah, safe to say that this is effective!!!!

JeffHCross
01-21-2012, 03:41 PM
if you get a super FS with size like Baker above i recommend putting him at DE... its fun to watch him run around or control him... dude is fast!God, that still works? I was hoping they'd finally found a way to kill that move. Back on ... it has to have been NCAA 2004 ... I got the fastest guy on my team at CB and I would either put him at DE or blitz him from the DB position. Easily won every major defensive award.

fwiw, i finished the season and Baker had well over 100+ sacksWait. 100 SACKS? Good grief.

keyser soze
01-22-2012, 01:04 PM
God, that still works? I was hoping they'd finally found a way to kill that move. Back on ... it has to have been NCAA 2004 ... I got the fastest guy on my team at CB and I would either put him at DE or blitz him from the DB position. Easily won every major defensive award.

Wait. 100 SACKS? Good grief.

yeah got 100+ with not taking him! found something interesting in this season, apparently Baker got those sacks partly because the MLB on his side was rated so high or something. this year they are blocking Baker and letting the other DE in more.... strange! does the CPU pick who to block based on rating?

JeffHCross
01-22-2012, 01:18 PM
does the CPU pick who to block based on rating?Not as far as I know, but it's possible. Not something I've ever looked for. If the MLB and the DE are both blitzing against the same o-lineman, then they should take the MLB based on "take the inside man". But "absolutes" like taking the inside man get obliterated when the outside man has high-end speed.

keyser soze
01-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Not as far as I know, but it's possible. Not something I've ever looked for. If the MLB and the DE are both blitzing against the same o-lineman, then they should take the MLB based on "take the inside man". But "absolutes" like taking the inside man get obliterated when the outside man has high-end speed.

fyi: i put a higher rated MLB in and took out the lower rated but faster MLB and BAM, the DE had 11 sacks!!!!! so this is indeed a HUGE factor in getting your DE to the QB.

JeffHCross
01-24-2012, 10:36 PM
so this is indeed a HUGE factor in getting your DE to the QB.Sounds like you're running a 3-4, just based on the angles. Is the MLB getting taken because he's the inside man?

keyser soze
01-25-2012, 05:58 AM
Sounds like you're running a 3-4, just based on the angles. Is the MLB getting taken because he's the inside man?

i run the nickel normal

keyser soze
01-26-2012, 07:49 AM
#2 PSU came into the big house for a showdown... i squeaked out a win 100-0!!! LOL! it's more my D thsn my offense. i had to punt my first 3 possessions until my D broke them... then its game over!