PDA

View Full Version : Is Tim Tebow original?

steelerfan
01-16-2012, 09:24 AM
I was watching a movie the other night and I suddenly realized that this 2006 release was actually telling the Tim Tebow story.

The movie is about the plight of an "athlete" who is very religious, celibate, and who draws the strength to succeed from his God. The athlete even "Tebows" before and after his biggest competition.

The movie is none other than Nacho Libre.

I realized that my thoughts couldn't be original and a quick Google search proved I was right. Others have, at least, noticed Nacho "Tebowing" before and after his match with Ramses.

The selling point for me was well before he "Tebowed". It actually came when he was praying.

"Precious Father, why have you given me this desire to wrestle, and then made me such a stinky warrior?"

If you can't see a little tongue-in-cheek Tim Tebow in that prayer (or a lot of not-so-tongue-in-cheek Tim Tebow), you have no sense of humor. :)

So, maybe, Tim Tebow is simply the second coming of Fray Tormenta ("Friar Storm") who was the real life inspiration for the movie Nacho Libre.

And no, this has nothing to do with Pittsburgh's loss to Denver in the playoffs last weekend. If you've paid attention you'd know that I have been skeptical of Tebow's ability to be a pro quarterback for sometime. (He actually may have saved the unhealthy Steelers from an ass-whipping in New England).

I just couldn't help but laugh watching this movie and thinking about Tim Tebow. :nod:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

morsdraconis
01-16-2012, 09:29 AM
That's all I needed. I'm now CONVINCED that Tim Tebow is a creation by ESPN, the NCAA, and the NFL to drive up interest in football across the globe. He's not real.

psuexv
01-16-2012, 09:37 AM
LOL

JBHuskers
01-16-2012, 09:37 AM
:nod: :easy:

psusnoop
01-16-2012, 09:42 AM
Lmao that is great! :D:D

SmoothPancakes
01-16-2012, 12:16 PM
:fp:

morsdraconis
01-16-2012, 12:20 PM
:fp:

Serious question Smooth, do you want Tebow back as your starting QB next year?

SmoothPancakes
01-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Honestly, yes. Tebow showed what he can do with the ball when he unleashes against Pittsburgh. Give him an entire offseason to work with Elway and the Broncos staff, give him an entire preseason of training camps and practices as the starting QB and not the backup like he was this year to Orton, and I think he can be a hell of a lot better than he was this year. He has the talent, he has the skill, he's just raw and needs to have his throwing motion and his playmaking decisions refined.

Like I said in the NFL thread, I don't view Tebow as the next Elway or next Manning or Brady who goes to or wins multiple Super Bowls, but I do believe he can be solid starting quarterback, like a Joe Flacco or Matt Ryan, who isn't necessarily one of the very top QBs in the game, but is good enough to lead the team to good seasons and possible playoff runs.

As for Tebow himself, whether I may agree or disagree with his beliefs, whether I may like or dislike how much ESPN masturbates over him, none of that matters to me. Right now, Tebow is a Denver Bronco, and that alone is all I need to at least support him in the NFL, be a Tebow fan, and root for him to be successful, as long as he's a Bronco, like I am with all Broncos players.

morsdraconis
01-16-2012, 12:53 PM
I can definitely respect that Smooth and I kind of agree with you. Given time, he has a chance, just like anyone else. I gotta say though, I'll be surprised if he's a Bronco next season.

Of course, anyone that's willing to do something as amazingly awesome as this deserves some serious praise. (http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7455943/believing-tim-tebow) I didn't know that he did that for those people during this season. I have WAY more respect for him as a human being after reading that, I just don't like his choice of celebration on the field, his willingness to put forth his religious beliefs so prominently, and the way ESPN ejaculates all over the screen everytime they talk about him, but I can't help but respect him as a human being.

SmoothPancakes
01-16-2012, 01:08 PM
I think he'll still be. While it was a horrible game, it was New England after all. He showed that he has promise in the game against Pittsburgh, the staff and Elway just has to get him to play every game like that Pittsburgh game and not be afraid to sling it around the field, and also to hit receivers in the hands and numbers and not constantly throw it ahead of them out of their reach so much.

And agreed, I already had respect for Tebow, but after I read that story, my respect for him grew even more. He's not just talking the talk about giving of himself and being this "great Christian" and stuff. He's actually backing up his words (and the words of others) with actions. Whether you like or him not on the football field, like you said mors, you can't help but respect him as a human being for what he's been doing with the fans all season.

I will also agree, ESPN has gone extremely overboard with their masturbation of Tebow. I know that alone has fueled a lot of hate for Tebow by NFL and sports fans worldwide, because of how much ESPN drones on about him. ESPN does need to tone it down and stop talking about Tebow 24/7. There are other players in the NFL, and there are dozens of other sports for ESPN to be talking about.

SmoothPancakes
01-16-2012, 01:47 PM
For our conversation, it looks like he will indeed be back next year mors.

ESPN NFL - John Elway says Tim Tebow has earned the right to come into training camp as Broncos starting QB

morsdraconis
01-16-2012, 02:00 PM
For our conversation, it looks like he will indeed be back next year mors.

Well, there ya go. Tebow FORCED the Broncos to stay with him. Good for him. The media orgasm continues, for now.

SmoothPancakes
01-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Well, there ya go. Tebow FORCED the Broncos to stay with him. Good for him. The media orgasm continues, for now.

Well, look at it this way. If Baltimore and San Francisco win next Sunday, we'll have two straight weeks of coverage of the "Harbaugh Bowl" by ESPN instead of Tebow orgasms.

morsdraconis
01-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Well, look at it this way. If Baltimore and San Francisco win next Sunday, we'll have two straight weeks of coverage of the "Harbaugh Bowl" by ESPN instead of Tebow orgasms.

It's gonna be the "Harbaugh Bowl" man. Mark my word. Some WEIRD shit is gonna happen to get it to happen. A ref is gonna blow a call or Baltimore is gonna get some bullshit call go their way.

JBHuskers
01-16-2012, 02:58 PM
I just heard that there are going to be pictures of Playboy Playmates Tebowing in Playboy :fp:

ram29jackson
01-16-2012, 03:02 PM
he's just a kid,leave him alone...i have varying opinions about all aspects of him but the jokes on all of you anyway..a young man has made millions winning a few games,been on tv,has athletic ability,travels the country..and..what ever else people with lots of money do..he may be a a little socially unaware but he's been a better man than most people you know....I'm sick of seeing people type that their sick of hearing about it..are they such simpletons that they need to pay attention to something to the point it hurts them LOL..nothing I dislike bothers me because thats where ignoring comes into play I would rather hear about Tebow than Justin Bieber or whatever his name is LOL

kids are so dumb,they call something Tebowing when athletes have been kneeling in endzones for years.
and all the pregnant teens and kids with social diseases arent laughing at Tebow either,they wish they had it back to do over

ram29jackson
01-16-2012, 03:06 PM
It's gonna be the "Harbaugh Bowl" man. Mark my word. Some WEIRD shit is gonna happen to get it to happen. A ref is gonna blow a call or Baltimore is gonna get some bullshit call go their way.

LOL at assuming the Pats are some quality team at this point. We have seen in the playoffs the pack and Saints put down with lack of defense. I dont think the Pats are any more explosive then the Packers are/were and a real defense is a comin' this time..

SmoothPancakes
01-16-2012, 03:22 PM
What does pregnant teens and kids with social diseases have to do with Tebow and liking/hating him or what kind of QB he'll be in the future/for how long? :confused:

ram29jackson
01-16-2012, 03:54 PM
What does pregnant teens and kids with social diseases have to do with Tebow and liking/hating him or what kind of QB he'll be in the future/for how long? :confused:

life and people will always be more important than football. Thats why people are fascinated with the whole story of this football player.

psuexv
01-16-2012, 06:01 PM
I just heard that there are going to be pictures of Playboy Playmates Tebowing in Playboy :fp:

Yeah but it's not what you think

http://www.buzzfeed.com/h2/hnew1/playboy/playboy-playmates-tebowing-4n6r?s=mobile

steelerfan
01-16-2012, 07:12 PM
That's a nice story about Tebow, mors. But Nacho bought a bus for the orphans so they could take field trips. :nod:

ram29jackson
01-16-2012, 11:06 PM
I do like Jack Black in that movie LOL

the over the top Mexican movie cliches and his acting LOL its subtly hilarious..or should I say- Muy hilarioso

JBHuskers
01-18-2012, 10:11 AM
:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPViSZRcnn8

psusnoop
01-18-2012, 04:18 PM

cdj
01-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Somewhere along the way, Tebowing

http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/rV/esq-tebowing-photo-112811-lg.jpg

got crossed with "The Thinker"

http://altdotgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/the-thinker.jpg

and became this:

http://7.mshcdn.com/wp-content/gallery/tebowing/EiffelTebowing.jpeg

:dunno::fp:

steelerfan
01-20-2012, 01:06 AM

Not only that, it should be called "Nachoing". :nod:

http://img.tapatalk.com/62c401e2-12c4-5859.jpg

psuexv
01-20-2012, 08:25 AM

Not only that, it should be called "Nachoing". :nod:

http://img.tapatalk.com/62c401e2-12c4-5859.jpg

Ok this is actually getting scary how similar they are.

morsdraconis
01-20-2012, 08:47 AM
I told ya. All a fabrication by ESPN, the NCAAs, and the NFL. He's actually a robot.