PDA

View Full Version : Redzone Efficiency Calculation

TheYeti
01-08-2012, 05:50 PM
I've noticed that despite the fact that I did not cross half field on offense, I've still been racked up for an unsuccessful redzone attempt. Has anyone else seen this happen? Playing on 360.

cdj
01-08-2012, 06:13 PM
We had a discussion on this, but I think it was inside another thread as I can't find it at a quick glance.

Several of us have had this happen, but we can't figure out what causes the game to recognize/count the extra attempt.

- Did you have or force a turnover close to redzone?
- Did you end the first half with the ball?

I don't have anything to completely base it off of, but I think one of those two may play a role in it.

TheYeti
01-08-2012, 07:03 PM
On the turnover, I don't know. I'm playing as an OC, so I kinda neglect what the defense is doing. I've definitely had it happen on drives where I am nowhere near the redzone, and didn't start anywhere near it. It didn't happen at the end of the half or game. I'll try to pay closer attention to the circumstances that lead to the miscalculation.

cdj
01-08-2012, 07:33 PM
If you (or anyone else) can figure out the exact cause, make sure to post it here. It 'should' be an easy fix and it's a good time to pass that on.

TheYeti
01-10-2012, 11:25 PM
I had it happen in one of my most recent games. I went 3 for 6 for 3TD in the redzone. One missed opportunity was due to end of game. There were no turnovers. The other two missed opportunities were 3 and outs that never made it near the redzone. The next game played, everything matched.

JeffHCross
01-12-2012, 11:00 PM
I thought I saw at least one time when it was because I had a penalty that took me out of the red zone, then I got back into it. Or some similar lost yardage (sack, TFL, etc) that took me out of the red zone. That hasn't been every occasion, but at least some.