PDA

View Full Version : Does O-Line matter this year?

keyser soze
12-13-2011, 07:21 AM
Do you guys think the rating of your offensive line matters much this year? In years past I was sure that it mattered little because of the suction or animation just driving every outcome. However since suction blocking is toned down a lot, what are your thoughts on the blocking this year. I have only played a single game of season 6 in my OD but I have the best rated offensive line ever and it did seem easier to run the ball. I will continue to watch this.

Those who do think O-Line really matters do you worry much about if a guy is a pass blocker vs. run blocker?

ram29jackson
12-13-2011, 11:28 PM
even if your o line is good, you stil get rushed and jumped snapped constantly

keyser soze
12-14-2011, 09:17 AM
yeah, JTS = stupid but EA refuses to allow us to toggle it OFF because, well because they don't care. However, that aside do you think having 5 guys rated 90+ makes a difference vs. 5 guys rated at say 80?

My left side of my O-line this year is rated 97-98-96 and I have to say, I put up some SICK numbers in game 1 vs. Boise State with a true SOPH HB! When I ran LEFT I definitely got more blocking at the second level. This is a hard thing to test though so that is why I am posting the question here.

ram29jackson
12-14-2011, 01:42 PM
it seems in most games/plays, when you have a play to to run to the left or right between the tackles and guards, the hole always opens on the opposite side than the one you picked..ratings matter, but you have to let it develop over the course of a game. keep running on early downs and eventually you get a big or consistant good runs

keyser soze
12-14-2011, 04:56 PM
it seems in most games/plays, when you have a play to to run to the left or right between the tackles and guards, the hole always opens on the opposite side than the one you picked..ratings matter, but you have to let it develop over the course of a game. keep running on early downs and eventually you get a big or consistant good runs

got to say that is one thing that I LIKE this year. it seems that the MORE I run the easier it becomes as the defense tires out from getting pounded. I have put up some SILLY second half rushing numbers this year!

illwill10
12-14-2011, 07:27 PM
I dont like the OL/DL play. It is mainly a one on one battle. I hate the Jump Snap. I had so many offsides/encroachments calls because I tried to make pre-snap adjustments. I would like to see some new animatios.

keyser soze
12-15-2011, 07:48 AM
I dont like the OL/DL play. It is mainly a one on one battle. I hate the Jump Snap. I had so many offsides/encroachments calls because I tried to make pre-snap adjustments. I would like to see some new animatios.

Agree JTS is HORRIBLE! Also HATE the offsides calls when the CPU runs a hurry up offense and they are allowed to snap the ball before the defense is set!