PDA

View Full Version : The Anything Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28]

CLW
11-29-2016, 09:48 AM
Sometimes I miss having you here, when you are not shilling for Sony. It's a lonely place for those of us with moderate/conservative values.

Looks like TGT has become a lonely place PERIOD sadly.

That being said, I ALMOST wish I had voted for Trump seeing all the liberals "TRIGGERED" is worth it.

steelerfan
12-01-2016, 03:29 AM
I'm 42 years old. I've dealt with plenty of dumb fucking whores. That said, Jesus Fucking Christ.

You have an incredible body with fantastic fucking tits and a perfect fucking ass. I get it. At some point, I'm going to have to say, "get the fuck out of here, bitch".

Dumb is dumb.

souljahbill
12-01-2016, 05:41 AM
I'm 42 years old. I've dealt with plenty of dumb fucking whores. That said, Jesus Fucking Christ.

You have an incredible body with fantastic fucking tits and a perfect fucking ass. I get it. At some point, I'm going to have to say, "get the fuck out of here, bitch".

Dumb is dumb.

Bwahahaha. Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steelerfan
12-01-2016, 07:01 AM
Bwahahaha. Sorry for your loss.

Yeah, well, she's still here. :D

steelerfan
12-01-2016, 07:04 AM
To be honest, it's like I'm sleeping with one of those Paranormal Activity movies.

Every so often she pops up like her soul was just stolen. If her tits and ass weren't prefect, I'd never put up with this fucking bullshit. :D

steelerfan
12-01-2016, 07:41 AM
Finally.

She's sleeping (without interruption) and I'm watching Jason Lives.

Order has been restored. :))

morsdraconis
12-02-2016, 01:51 AM
You know what sucks about trying to date a college student? Pretty much everything, honestly. Love how determined she is though to get an education and get through it and everything. She's really awesome, but fuck does it suck having to wait a long ass time to be able to do anything with her again.

morsdraconis
12-03-2016, 06:56 AM
I think I need to stop being on Facebook as much. It's causing my anxiety and shit. Ugh.

steelerfan
12-03-2016, 08:47 AM
I think I need to stop being on Facebook as much. It's causing my anxiety and shit. Ugh.
Care to explain?

souljahbill
12-03-2016, 09:51 AM
You know what sucks about trying to date a college student? Pretty much everything, honestly. Love how determined she is though to get an education and get through it and everything. She's really awesome, but fuck does it suck having to wait a long ass time to be able to do anything with her again.

1) Nice
2) Living on campus made dating college chicks easier for me since they were right there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deuce
12-03-2016, 09:52 AM
I deactivated my account. I'm from Oklahoma so the amount of hate spewing now is more than I can handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

morsdraconis
12-03-2016, 09:55 AM
Care to explain?

I have pretty bad anxiety in general, but especially when it comes to talking to people online. Mainly when it comes to talking to people I'm interested in relationship wise. And, lately, it's been affecting me because of the girl I'm dating being so busy with things and facebook has gotten into my head with how often I can talk to her and shit. It's hard to explain really but having facebook open and constantly having chat in front of me is constantly reminding me of how little I get to do with her and talk to her because of how busy she is with everything and she's also going through some of her own mental stuff right now as well.

morsdraconis
12-03-2016, 09:59 AM
1) Nice
2) Living on campus made dating college chicks easier for me since they were right there.

I live in the same city as the school, but she's a pretty busy woman with school, her friends, and everything so it's really just trying to fit dating in with her already busy schedule. It's actually completely different from any relationship I've tried before in my life. I'm used to things progressing much more quickly and having to try to fit into her busy schedule and really her life in general is interesting. Frustrating sometimes actually, but she's a pretty awesome woman so I've been willing to give it a try.

steelerfan
12-03-2016, 11:27 AM
I have pretty bad anxiety in general, but especially when it comes to talking to people online. Mainly when it comes to talking to people I'm interested in relationship wise. And, lately, it's been affecting me because of the girl I'm dating being so busy with things and facebook has gotten into my head with how often I can talk to her and shit. It's hard to explain really but having facebook open and constantly having chat in front of me is constantly reminding me of how little I get to do with her and talk to her because of how busy she is with everything and she's also going through some of her own mental stuff right now as well.
The one at the top of my list is very busy too. She's in nursing school and working so I can understand what you mean (though social media is a non-factor for me).

In the meantime, I've been out with 4 different ones in the last 3 weeks. That's kept my mind off of what I can't have. ;)

morsdraconis
12-03-2016, 11:52 AM
The one at the top of my list is very busy too. She's in nursing school and working so I can understand what you mean (though social media is a non-factor for me).

In the meantime, I've been out with 4 different ones in the last 3 weeks. That's kept my mind off of what I can't have. ;)

Yeah, I can't do that. Never been someone that could date multiple people at once.

steelerfan
12-03-2016, 12:17 PM
Yeah, I can't do that. Never been someone that could date multiple people at once.
It beats the hell out of obsessing, trust me.

morsdraconis
12-04-2016, 07:22 AM
Holy shit man, woman I'm interested in had a formal to go to last night for her fraternity and, while sadly her best friend was her "date" to it and I didn't get to go instead, I was around and she had a few minutes before the formal started so I got to see her in her dress and I've literally never been awe struck before by someone's beauty, until now. Like, my god. She looked fucking incredible. Her in that dress is burned into my mind.

bdoughty
12-07-2016, 08:40 AM
Just waiting for the Nobel Peace Prize!

http://i.imgur.com/7YUW8f6.jpg

steelerfan
12-07-2016, 02:13 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161207/7a3f95d7eeeea2bb6ba277f131a5d758.jpg

Cool. Hitler won the same distinction from Time in 1938. :)

souljahbill
12-07-2016, 02:16 PM
People are getting their panties in a bunch over this. This isn't a good or bad award. It's basically a "who was the biggest human on Earth this year" award and no star was brighter than the orange man.

steelerfan
12-07-2016, 02:23 PM
People are getting their panties in a bunch over this. This isn't a good or bad award. It's basically a "who was the biggest human on Earth this year" award and no star was brighter than the orange man.

Yep.

bdoughty
12-07-2016, 05:42 PM
I realize that. Just poking fun at the people crying in their safe spaces. When he wins the Nobel Peace price, that is when greatness is fully achieved.

steelerfan
12-23-2016, 01:35 PM
I got a couple of early Christmas gifts.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161223/d6ebeff65a74fba36d17ee47f9b67672.jpg

My daughter painted that for me. She calls it "Victim's Eye" and said that's the last thing you see before it's lights out. :)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161223/150968da8f86600f0e0e3db2b06e1afc.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161223/385cc153429d229a97dbbfcff9831348.jpg

A couple that I'm friends with got me a Kane Hodder autographed Part 7 Jason picture. :))

jaymo76
12-24-2016, 10:32 PM
Merry Christmas TGT Members! Have a great day tomorrow. :fb:

souljahbill
12-25-2016, 06:47 AM
Merry Christmas, gentlemen.

steelerfan
12-25-2016, 08:35 AM
Merry Christmas TGT Members! Have a great day tomorrow. :fb:

Merry Christmas, gentlemen.

:up:

steelerfan
12-25-2016, 08:36 PM
Got it framed. :)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161226/b9ee42cea7a52791c2321778662d8352.jpg

souljahbill
12-25-2016, 09:25 PM
Got it framed. :)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161226/b9ee42cea7a52791c2321778662d8352.jpg

That's sweet!

steelerfan
12-31-2016, 10:23 PM
I'm sure someone will get butthurt about this but oh well.

Fireworks are dumb.

Anyone who "ooooo"s and "ahhhh"s over fireworks past the age of 9 is an idiot.

Anyone who looks forward to lighting fireworks is a hillbilly.

That is all.
Yet again...

jaymo76
01-01-2017, 01:56 AM
Happy New Years everyone!

souljahbill
01-01-2017, 03:03 AM
Happy New Years, gentlemen.

steelerfan
01-01-2017, 10:06 AM
Happy New Years everyone!

Happy New Years, gentlemen.

:up:

bestellen
01-09-2017, 05:04 AM
I made the bacon cinnamon rolls this morning. Pretty good.

It takes more effort than that pic led me to believe but still worth it.

steelerfan
01-09-2017, 10:33 AM
I made the bacon cinnamon rolls this morning. Pretty good.

It takes more effort than that pic led me to believe but still worth it.
Wow, you dug that one up from the depths of this thread. :D

It does take a bit more work than expected, I agree. Especially if you used the Grand's cinnamon rolls. Those things unroll to be like 3 feet long.

SmoothPancakes
01-11-2017, 01:17 PM
Surprise.

After spending the past month and a half under a self imposed ban, I decided to end it, partially because I've been bitten by the NCAA Football bug since early December and want to continue my coaching carousel dynasty and can't do that unless I return to continue posting it.

First, apologies to everyone for my conduct in late November. It was a horrible fucking time for me. Shit going on with my mom, work was a cunt of a time where I was getting up at 4 or 5am every day, no able to go to bed until 11pm or midnight (related to shit going on with my mom), so I was getting maybe 4 or 5 hours of sleep tops every night.

Due to that, I was running on extreme sleep deprivation for pretty much all of November and early December, until the hours at work settled down, I was in a massively 24/7 cunt mood to anyone and everyone, even to the point of one day just going off on a co-worker over something minor. It took almost nothing to piss me off those days. So I was pretty much to the point of showing up at work, intentionally keeping contact with co-workers to an absolute bare minimum as necessary and leaving the instant I could.

So I apologize for what I was saying and posting back then. Honestly, I'm shocked I wasn't actually banned as I went way overboard, and I'll still accept a formal ban if cdj, G or JB decide I still should be banned now after returning, God knows I earned it.

Also apologies to bdoughty for what I said to him and for my attacks at him. I'm not going to pretend we're friends and I guarantee we're damn sure not on each other's Christmas cards list, but I at least apologize for what I said to him and will try to limit myself to either just civil replies or just ignore future posts for him for civility's sake around here.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

souljahbill
01-11-2017, 02:25 PM
Glad you're back Smooth. I like it when the gang's all here. Now to get CLW and SC and Deuce and whoever else back. The NCAA needs to get its shit together so we can all have our common denominator back.

Deuce
01-13-2017, 04:50 PM
I'm still here. I'm just the really quiet guy in the corner. Lol

...then I bury the bodies in the backyard.

bdoughty
01-13-2017, 05:53 PM
Also apologies to bdoughty for what I said to him and for my attacks at him. I'm not going to pretend we're friends and I guarantee we're damn sure not on each other's Christmas cards list, but I at least apologize for what I said to him and will try to limit myself to either just civil replies or just ignore future posts for him for civility's sake around here.

Not exactly how apologies work there Smooth. You should have stopped at the first sentence but you didn't. :fp:

steelerfan
01-13-2017, 05:59 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170113/169d841cd025f9cfdc0fc89e38698d7e.jpg

SmoothPancakes
01-13-2017, 08:49 PM
I'm still here. I'm just the really quiet guy in the corner. Lol

...then I bury the bodies in the backyard.

Glad to see you're still around Deuce, you've always been a guy to have around here. I hated the thought that a bad night and some stupid comments by me potentially had driven you from here.

Deuce
01-14-2017, 08:15 AM
Not you at all...I've gone away from most every kind of social media. Sick of the noise. Sick of all the misinformation. Sick of politics...sick of a lot shit. Lol

SmoothPancakes
01-14-2017, 10:31 AM
I hear you on a lot of that. I've gone almost non-existent on a lot of my social media accounts, maybe posting something once or twice a month. Nothing but dumbasses arguing and seemingly everything in regards to posts and comments on posts turn into either a shit show in general or a political shit show, especially after this year's election.

jaymo76
01-14-2017, 01:43 PM
I started a new career path a few weeks back. After doing something for 15+ years you forget how challenging a new routine is. Things are going well thus far but due to LONG HOURS OF WORK, I am not on this site very often and have almost completely stopped playing video games. Those things need to change ASAP.

SmoothPancakes
01-14-2017, 02:13 PM
Yeah, my gaming has taken a serious nosedive over the last 2-3 months.

Many evenings and weekends, I'll constantly think about getting on my PS4 and playing a game, but I never end up doing it, I just end up sitting on the couch watching some random pile of crap on TV and dicking around on my phone or tablet.

Just like today for instance. I've been thinking about getting on my PS4 since 10am today. Instead I've done nothing but sit on the couch, dick around on my phone, watch a couple things on the DVR from last night, find some shitty movie that doesn't suck as bad as the 99% of even shittier shows and movies on the other channel to actually have playing on the TV in the background while doing said dicking around on the phone and probably won't get on the PS4 at all today because I have to leave for work in 2 1/2 hours and likely won't give two shits about playing when I get home at 10pm, instead likely choosing to completely skip dinner and just say fuck it and go to sleep instead like I did last night.

Sadly, I think I'm reaching that point where games just don't hold my attention or interest like they used to. In the past I would at least squeeze an hour or two in every week night when I could and would easily top 10 hours minimum over a weekend. Lately? I don't think I've turned on my PS4 once since New Year's Eve and before that, maybe once a week, if that, throughout December.

steelerfan
01-14-2017, 02:37 PM
I started a new career path a few weeks back. After doing something for 15+ years you forget how challenging a new routine is. Things are going well thus far but due to LONG HOURS OF WORK, I am not on this site very often and have almost completely stopped playing video games. Those things need to change ASAP.
Good luck with your new career, jaymo. I've been there a couple of times so I understand some of the challenges involved.

I hope it works out and is more rewarding than your previous work.

Deuce
01-14-2017, 05:18 PM
I've been thinking about getting my alternative teaching certification and teaching math. That was my original intent in college but then I realized I hate high school kids. I think I could do it now. Being a parent of a 12 and 10 year old has given me the confidence that I can handle the kids. I've been working in a cube for 16 years crunching numbers and arguing about those numbers. I think it's a mid life crisis except I have no intentions of buying a sports car or wearing skinny jeans. Lol.

Life is short man. Father I law passed away a year after retiring. My parents retired and spend all their time taking care of my brother who has mental and physical problems. Is that what we are preparing for? Fuck that. I want some different shit and take some chances.

steelerfan
01-14-2017, 06:00 PM
Is that what we are preparing for? Fuck that. I want some different shit and take some chances.

Exactly.

At some point you have to roll the dice and go get what you want.

souljahbill
01-14-2017, 08:05 PM

I've been thinking about getting my alternative teaching certification and teaching math. That was my original intent in college but then I realized I hate high school kids. I think I could do it now. Being a parent of a 12 and 10 year old has given me the confidence that I can handle the kids. I've been working in a cube for 16 years crunching numbers and arguing about those numbers. I think it's a mid life crisis except I have no intentions of buying a sports car or wearing skinny jeans. Lol.

Life is short man. Father I law passed away a year after retiring. My parents retired and spend all their time taking care of my brother who has mental and physical problems. Is that what we are preparing for? Fuck that. I want some different shit and take some chances.

Good luck to both you. Kick ass and take names.

steelerfan
02-14-2017, 05:14 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170214/07d2047add769dc8140782636f748408.jpg

bdoughty
02-14-2017, 06:53 PM
I wonder is My Bloody Valentine is on tonight? The original, the reboot sucked.

http://i.imgur.com/XDcCoKX.jpg

bdoughty
03-13-2017, 09:27 PM
Onion article? Nope.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/carleton-gym-remove-scale-controversy-1.4021378

Carleton University is feeling the burn from students on social media for removing a weight scale from its gym to promote a more holistic approach to a healthy body image.

The recent move isn't sitting well with several students who are accusing the school of kowtowing to a small group of gym users who are easily offended.

"Next it will be the mirrors. #bringbackthescale," wrote one Carleton student on Facebook, while another said online, "Are you for real, Carleton? What a sick joke."

Details of the scale controversy were first reported in the university's student-run newspaper, The Charlatan, on Thursday. In more social media reaction, others wondered if the online article was satire.

The paper quotes one student as saying, "Scales are very triggering" for people with eating disorders.

steelerfan
03-27-2017, 05:33 PM
I got a couple of early Christmas gifts.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161223/d6ebeff65a74fba36d17ee47f9b67672.jpg

My daughter painted that for me. She calls it "Victim's Eye" and said that's the last thing you see before it's lights out. :)

Went to Mad Monster Party in Rock Hill, SC over the weekend to have a picture made with Kane Hodder (Jason Voorhees in Friday the 13th Parts 7 through 10) in his full Part 7 costume. After having 2 pictures made (one with my gf and one with my cousin) I was able to have Kane sign the painting my daughter made.

He was super cool about it and was showing it off to people at nearby tables telling them, "she calls it 'Victim's Eye' because it's the last thing someone sees before Jason kills the fucker." :D

Great trip. We even stopped at a couple of the F13 Part 6 filming locations in Georgia on the way. There are some pics in the Friday the 13th The Game Thread, if interested.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170327/7cdeea3aa5903e8391ec48afcfa2420f.jpg

steelerfan
03-30-2017, 01:25 PM
Here's the painting after Kane signed it. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170330/d1445fe19f0a1a70dbfeebbe11ed612f.jpg

JBHuskers
03-30-2017, 04:44 PM
Love it!

bdoughty
04-14-2017, 07:27 AM
http://shanghaiist.com/2017/04/13/prolific_panty_thief.php

Jiangnan City News reports that the suspect, a man in his forties surnamed Xing who has been divorced for many years, admitted to police that he had stolen all of the clothing over the last 10 years. He confessed that ever since he was young, he had liked women's clothes. At school, his classmates even treated him like he was a girl.

http://i.imgur.com/OafXosH.jpg

Ram is Xing. Xing is Ram. There had to be some socks in there. ;)

steelerfan
04-21-2017, 08:39 PM
Went to Mad Monster Party in Rock Hill, SC over the weekend to have a picture made with Kane Hodder (Jason Voorhees in Friday the 13th Parts 7 through 10) in his full Part 7 costume. After having 2 pictures made (one with my gf and one with my cousin) I was able to have Kane sign the painting my daughter made.

He was super cool about it and was showing it off to people at nearby tables telling them, "she calls it 'Victim's Eye' because it's the last thing someone sees before Jason kills the fucker." :D

Great trip. We even stopped at a couple of the F13 Part 6 filming locations in Georgia on the way. There are some pics in the Friday the 13th The Game Thread, if interested.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170327/7cdeea3aa5903e8391ec48afcfa2420f.jpg
For my birthday my daughter did another painting. It's a follow-up to "Victim's Eye" called "Did She Live?"

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170422/c7e502e74c37f5465dd1203fa937595e.jpg

bdoughty
04-29-2017, 11:49 PM
More crazy weather for the Texas panhandle. In February we had a 90 degree day. Tonight it is snowing with up to 5 inches expected.

steelerfan
08-26-2017, 08:36 PM
This hurricane is bullshit.

I've been under nearly constant tornado warnings all day. There have been no less than 7 funnel clouds our tornadoes within 15 miles of me since 2 am. As an added bonus, I'm expected to get up to 32 inches of rain over the next several days.

SmoothPancakes
08-26-2017, 08:50 PM
Stay safe man! I've been shocked at the near nonstop tornado warnings coming out of Texas with this storm. It's gotta well over 100 since Friday afternoon.

steelerfan
08-26-2017, 08:56 PM
Stay safe man! I've been shocked at the near nonstop tornado warnings coming out of Texas with this storm. It's gotta well over 100 since Friday afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk Thanks, man. It's been crazy.

souljahbill
08-26-2017, 08:59 PM
This hurricane is bullshit.

I've been under nearly constant tornado warnings all day. There have been no less than 7 funnel clouds our tornadoes within 15 miles of me since 2 am. As an added bonus, I'm expected to get up to 32 inches of rain over the next several days.

Stay safe, my dude. Keep us updated on how you're doing. Do you have your daughter?

steelerfan
08-26-2017, 11:07 PM
Stay safe, my dude. Keep us updated on how you're doing. Do you have your daughter?

Thanks, Bill.

She's with her mother and is safe. She's actually further from the storm than I am which is good.

I'm sure I'll be ok unless a tornado hits me or the flooding really gets out of control. With all the flooding Houston has had in the last couple years, the water never got past my sidewalk.

steelerfan
08-27-2017, 12:33 PM
I'm still good. Not flooded or even really threatened yet and the tornado warnings have slowed. Still got a couple rough days ahead but I'm feeling confident that I'll be fine.

Parts of Houston are totally fucked though. Some neighborhoods have water above their mail boxes. It's pretty bad.

steelerfan
08-27-2017, 01:45 PM
Sheesh.

The region has got 419 billion gallons of rain thus far. Some scenes are disturbing. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170827/61d2aa61f68145dd53e01b71a55702af.jpg

jaymo76
08-27-2017, 07:09 PM
Wow that's awful! Keep safe Matt.

steelerfan
08-27-2017, 08:12 PM
Wow that's awful! Keep safe Matt. I'm doing my best, brother. Thank you.

steelerfan
08-28-2017, 03:26 AM
I think I'm out of the weeds. While we'll still have some flash flooding and we have days or weeks of river flooding ahead, I believe the worst is over.

Fortunately, I did not flood and I don't believe my daughter, sister or father did either though I won't know for sure until later today.

There are parts of Houston that will be under water for months just as they ere last year. The county is in the process of opening the dams in a couple of reservoirs that is going to cause more flooding around the tributaries out to the gulf but they fear that if they don't then the dams could give way (these reservoirs are already over capacity with lots more water heading their way from the north faster than they are releasing water) and cause MASSIVE destruction.

This city won't be the same for a VERY long time and the damage will undoubtedly be in excess of 5 billion dollars.

The water got up past my sidewalk last night after we got 7.8 inches of rain in 6 hours but it drained completely within an hour after the rain finally relented. Another few hours of rain and I would have been leaving my house in a rescue boat. I was very fortunate.

cdj
08-28-2017, 07:27 AM
The county is in the process of opening the dams in a couple of reservoirs that is going to cause more flooding around the tributaries out to the gulf but they fear that if they don't then the dams could give way (these reservoirs are already over capacity with lots more water heading their way from the north faster than they are releasing water) and cause MASSIVE destruction.

Since the storm was (somewhat) predicted a week or so ago, did they happen to release any water ahead of time to make room or prepare for what may come?

I don't know the layout or how it works down there, but am familiar with a dam north of where I live that was sold partially as flood protection. Instead, they keep it full all of the time for recreational purposes and any kind of heavy rains in that area makes the flooding worse downstream. :mad:

Glad to hear you are safe. Was wondering/getting worried after seeing all of the pics and stories emerge from the city.

steelerfan
08-28-2017, 11:42 AM
Since the storm was (somewhat) predicted a week or so ago, did they happen to release any water ahead of time to make room or prepare for what may come?

I don't know the layout or how it works down there, but am familiar with a dam north of where I live that was sold partially as flood protection. Instead, they keep it full all of the time for recreational purposes and any kind of heavy rains in that area makes the flooding worse downstream. :mad:

Glad to hear you are safe. Was wondering/getting worried after seeing all of the pics and stories emerge from the city.I'm not really sure if they released ahead of the storm. I just don't know.

I'm getting more rain this morning but my street is still clear. I hear that a grocery store close by is open. I could use a few things, in case I have no access for a bit. I also heard it's nuts down there with fights breaking out.

I may head down there just for a reason to punch someone. [emoji16]

souljahbill
08-28-2017, 02:40 PM
The hurricane is scripted

souljahbill
08-28-2017, 02:46 PM
Also, early congrats to TCU in Forth Worth. May your national championship ease the suffering of those in Houston.

steelerfan
08-28-2017, 08:41 PM

Glad to hear you are safe. Was wondering/getting worried after seeing all of the pics and stories emerge from the city.

I did hear today that the reservoirs in question are always kept dry. So, that answers that question.

steelerfan
08-28-2017, 08:49 PM
I've had several friends that have had their houses flood and have had to be rescued and relocate. I also have a friend under a mandatory evacuation who said she's not leaving. Hopefully, she's taken out by force (really? idiot).

There are areas within a couple miles in every direction that are completely fucked but my area is still ok. Obviously, I could still flood later because of run off but I'm hopeful still.

The good news is that we should be on the clean side of the storm in 18 to 24 hours so the rain will pretty much stop.

SmoothPancakes
08-28-2017, 10:10 PM
Glad to hear you're still okay man. Thankfully it looks like Harvey is going to push towards a secondary landfall on Wednesday more towards the Louisiana border than it will Houston.

Some of the pictures coming out of Houston, water almost up to the overhead signs on some of the highways, holy shit. It's gonna be a long time before all of Houston is back to normal and cleaned up.

steelerfan
08-28-2017, 11:20 PM
I have dodged the mother of all bullets, for sure.

Thanks, Smooth. :up:

steelerfan
08-29-2017, 12:31 AM
Damn. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170829/d91eaaebe3bacec291d5b4cc3802077d.jpg

steelerfan
08-29-2017, 02:01 AM
Well, apparently Harvey has decided to dip further into the gulf than expected. This changes the trajectory enough to slow the timeframe in which Houston can expect relief.

More rain.

souljahbill
08-29-2017, 05:15 AM
I moved out of New Orleans 3 weeks before Katrina back in 2005. I dodged that bullet but my family didn't. Last year my house flooded in a historic flood in Baton Rouge so I know first hand how those in Houston feel. My house still isn't complete. I'm glad your ok, SF.

steelerfan
08-29-2017, 05:20 AM
Thanks again, Bill.

steelerfan
08-29-2017, 12:17 PM
Everything is better now. Trump is here. He will unleash fire and fury like the world has never seen on Harvey. :rolleyes:

souljahbill
08-29-2017, 12:19 PM
Everything is better now. Trump is here. He will unleash fire and fury like the world has never seen on Harvey. :rolleyes:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170829/fb026ae096226d754afab64a46092b47.jpg

steelerfan
08-29-2017, 01:51 PM
This kinda sums up how I've felt the last few days as smoke and mirrors keep my house dry. [emoji38]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170829/ec5721d627dfd6c2e7502aea4da93ea8.jpg

steelerfan
08-29-2017, 03:09 PM
I'm so proud of my daughter.

Without any influence whatsoever from anyone, she decided to volunteer at a shelter yesterday. She said she organized donated clothing and served dinner and that she is looking forward to going back today.

She is really a great person. She has such a big heart and is always looking to help those in need.

I'm very proud of her.

souljahbill
08-29-2017, 03:43 PM

Without any influence whatsoever from anyone, she decided to volunteer at a shelter yesterday. She said she organized donated clothing and served dinner and that she is looking forward to going back today.

She is really a great person. She has such a big heart and is always looking to help those in need.

I'm very proud of her.

That's always a reflection of parenting so well done. [emoji1474]

steelerfan
08-29-2017, 04:15 PM
That's always a reflection of parenting so well done. [emoji1474]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkShe just sent me a picture. She's down there organizing toiletries, paper plates, cups, etc.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here thinking I should go to a shelter and interview single, childless women for the opportunity to not sleep on a school floor again tonight. [emoji16][emoji48]

bdoughty
08-29-2017, 06:14 PM
Meanwhile, I'm sitting here thinking I should go to a shelter and interview single, childless women for the opportunity to not sleep on a school floor again tonight. [emoji16][emoji48]

Holy shit, when TV and real life combine to make a fictional character a reality. :fp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MDQsUNhOKI

http://i.imgur.com/mQ5YIez.gif

steelerfan
08-29-2017, 09:30 PM
It was Always Sunny in Houston this afternoon which is a great sign as the bulk of the rain is gone from here.

Can't say enough how lucky I've been. There is a spot 20 minutes north of me where 11 people had to be rescued from a capsized boat this morning in a neighborhood. They were in 12 feet of water.

12 fucking feet! How is my street dry and they have 12 feet of water?

Anyway, I'm lucky and the D.E.N.N.I.S. System is genius.

steelerfan
08-29-2017, 09:58 PM
Wow. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170830/b538aed188bb27702fa7bfa221ca29c6.jpg

steelerfan
08-30-2017, 01:21 AM
Well this is sexist.

Apparently, the shelter at Community of Faith in Hockley will let you starve to death if you are a single man. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170830/008e70b47908493fdede811b2daf5d83.jpg

souljahbill
08-30-2017, 05:38 AM
Well this is sexist.

Apparently, the shelter at Community of Faith in Hockley will let you starve to death if you are a single man. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170830/008e70b47908493fdede811b2daf5d83.jpg

What if you're an 80 year old single man?

steelerfan
08-30-2017, 02:28 PM
What if you're an 80 year old single man?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThe thing is, a few other shelters are saying "No Single People". But those have an alternate place for single people and they don't discriminate between men and women. I'm guessing, in this case, the pastor just wants all the single women to be focused so he can minister to them himself.

JBHuskers
08-30-2017, 03:37 PM

I'm very proud of her.

Great stuff!

steelerfan
09-20-2017, 11:17 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2017/09/20/the-christian-numerologist-whose-biblical-doomsday-claim-has-some-nervously-eyeing-sept-23/

:ram?:

:D

SmoothPancakes
01-09-2018, 07:44 AM
It's been a while since I made mention of things happening here at home. Things had been pretty stable with my mom for the most part over the past year or two. She had to have a proceed to zap a couple cancer growths in her brain with radiation last December. Unfortunately she developed a brain bleed because of the blood thinners she was on, so that led to some worrying times.

She got stable again, got through the rest of the year pretty well, until right after Thanksgiving, she was struggling to keep her oxygen levels up. Went out to the ER, sat there for 22 damn hours waiting for a bed in the ICU at the Cleveland Clinic, since her primary doctor at the local hospital was on vacation and his backup doctor didn't want to attempt any tests or scans since he wasn't familiar with her case.

She eventually got transported to Cleveland Clinic ICU on the morning of December 1st, where she remained until being discharged on December 16th. During that time she had an oxygen crisis her first night there and had to be put on a ventilator for a week. My dad, in his classic fashion, understated the seriousness of everything at the time, only finding out later she had come close to a point where she could have died. Over the two weeks, she eventually stabilized and reached the point she was back to where she was before arriving in Cleveland and the doctors themselves admitted there was nothing more they could do at the time since she was back to where she had been before Thanksgiving, so they let her come home.

She was able to come home for Christmas, though being in ICU for two weeks, made it through the holidays alright, though her legs were very weak after laying in an ICU bed for two weeks, so we had to get her back and forth to the bathroom by pulling her in a chair from the dining room since it was too much for her to walk at the time.

Tuesday, January 2nd, she went back to Cleveland Clinic for radiation on her neck to try and take out a spot that was causing her to lose strength and control of her left arm. The procedure seemed to go well, she said her pain in her neck and arm was going down each day. She was discharged this past Saturday, by the time they got home a couple hours later, she was having pain and swelling in her legs. We got her in the house, got her settled on the couch with a heating pad so she could relax and see what would happen with the legs, thinking it was just from being cramped in the car for three hours.

Sunday morning, we try to get her to the bathroom and her legs start to buckle after just a couple steps. Had to call 911 and have paramedics come take her to the hospital. She sits in ER for 6 or 7 hours until an ICU bed at Cleveland Clinic is opened up and transported back. Turns out she has clots in both legs between the pelvis and the knees. They can't do a surgery to try and remove the clots because she has to be on blood thinners, which the puts her at risk of a brain bleed. Last night vascular doctor basically bluntly said both legs from the knee down are dead, they'll never regain functionality, so I've been struggling to come to terms with that since 9pm last night.

Then just got a call at 8am this morning, while she wanted to keep fighting and risk the surgery yesterday, I think she's come to terms with everything as my dad was calling to talk about preparing for the eventual end, whenever it happens. So now it's trying to figure out when me and my sister are going to make the drive to Cleveland together, whether we leave today or tomorrow or whatever. Waiting on a call from my dad to clarify where things stand, whether she's going to remain in Cleveland or be transferred back here and go into hospice.

9 days in, and I already fucking hate 2018. :(

steelerfan
01-09-2018, 09:13 AM
Damn, Smooth. I'm really sorry to hear all of that. Please keep us posted.

souljahbill
01-09-2018, 12:06 PM
Sorry, Smooth. I hope for the best but hospice is never a good sign.

SmoothPancakes
01-09-2018, 02:33 PM
Thanks guys. I've been slowly working on accepting there is no positive outcome from this. Hospice is essentially a forgone conclusion. The doctors at Cleveland Clinic have exhausted their options and between last night and this morning, she has gradually come to the realization as well and has accepted while she still wants to keep fighting, there is just no medical options anymore to keep fighting with. There's just too much going wrong and no ways to fix it.

My sister and I are on the turnpike right now headed to Cleveland. While the end isn't imminent, she's been in increasing pain throughout the day, so we both want to spend time with her while she's still lucid and not yet drugged to oblivion on pain medicine.

We were hoping for in home hospice so she could at least be back home where I know she wants to be. But the state she's in, where she's basically permanently bed bound from here on out, would require round the clock nursing, so it's almost all but likely she'll have to go into a hospice facility, which thankfully there's one just on the north side of town, so while she wouldn't get to be back in the house, she would at least be able to return back to the town she was born and has lived in her whole life instead of being in a random room in a random building in Cleveland.

steelerfan
01-09-2018, 04:21 PM
Man. I'm so sorry, brother.

I really can't empathize because I'm not that close with my family. It didn't faze me in the least when my mother passed away and it won't when my father does either.

That said, you have my sympathy. I'm sorry you're having to go through this and you have my support. Just make the most of the time you have left with her. If we can do anything, please speak up.

souljahbill
01-09-2018, 05:35 PM
What steeler said. I’m sure there’s nothing we can do for you and your family but offer support for you guys during these dark days. May the inevitable transition be as peaceful as possible her and the family.

SmoothPancakes
01-09-2018, 09:41 PM
I appreciate it guys.

Unfortunately, it's over. My sister and I got to the Cleveland Clinic around 5 or so. We got to spend a little bit with her while she was still cognizant and aware, before she received her next morphine dose. So at least got to talk with her and tell her we love her before the drugs took over.

Around 6:30, they moved her from the ICU over to palliative care, with the expectation of sending her home to hospice tomorrow.

At one point, we had a scare as she really struggled to breathe and had a face that will probably haunt me for weeks and months to come. We thought that was the end, but it apparently was just the morphine taking full effect.

Then a little after 9pm, with my sister, dad and I sitting around her, it just suddenly ended. It happened so suddenly, she just stopped breathing in an instant and went. It took us a minute to even realize she wasn't breathing anymore, it happened so quickly. The doctors all thought it'd be a couple days at least, but it's ended.

I have no idea if her body just gave out from the hour or two of labored breathing after they administered the morphine, or if a blood clot broke loose somewhere, I don't know what ultimately caused it, but it happened extremely quick, one second she was breathing and the next second she wasn't. And it was thankfully painless as they had her on a very high dose of morphine. She had been pretty well out of it for at least an hour or two before it happened.

At this point, it's just been going through the entire process of emotions. Lots of crying and sorrow, some anger, lots of regrets and second thoughts and wishing I had done some things differently in the past for her. Even though I know I need to get some sleep tonight at some point, it's gonna be a long ass night...

steelerfan
01-10-2018, 03:19 AM
My sincerest condolences, Andrew. I'm sorry to hear that it's over but at the same time I'm glad that there wasn't any long term suffering involved.

If we can do anything, please let us know. Listening is free and we'll always do that for you, brother.

souljahbill
01-10-2018, 06:03 AM
My sincerest condolences, Andrew. I'm sorry to hear that it's over but at the same time I'm glad that there wasn't any long term suffering involved.

If we can do anything, please let us know. Listening is free and we'll always do that for you, brother.

You have once again, beat me to the exact words I would say. Great minds.....

There’s nothing else I can add to that, Smooth. I feel the same way. I’m not a “thoughts and prayers” person but I wish you and your family the best in the days, weeks, and months ahead.

cdj
01-10-2018, 08:25 AM
So sorry to hear that, SP. Let us know if there's anything we can do.

SmoothPancakes
01-10-2018, 09:33 AM
Thank you guys. It really does help and mean a lot. It's been pretty much just me, my dad and my sister since last night. The closest family (aunts and uncles) were in Florida and Maryland as of yesterday, so being able to even just simply post here and being able to use as a bit of a distraction so I can get a brief break from the thousands of thoughts and emotions racing through my head has been a very much welcome one.

Even last night, after getting to the hotel room after midnight, I turned on the TV and sat there until after 2:30 in the morning watching whatever I could find just to have something to take my mind off things. I imagine my PS4 is going to get a lot of hours these next two weeks, as just sitting at home otherwise is going to be a major struggle.

I am definitely taking comfort in the fact it was a quick and painless end. After watching my grandma struggle over her last day or two, even as drugged up as they had her, I was praying for my mom to pass quickly and peacefully. I didn't want her to have to suffer for a prolonged time.

It's hard. No matter what, it's still really hard. I was extremely close with my mom so it has really been a struggle since last night. I'm happy I got to spend some time talking with her and telling her I love her one last time last night before they gave her the morphine, I'm happy she went painlessly and quickly, I'm happy she was able to be home a couple weeks ago and we got to spend Christmas together as a family one last time and I got to spend one last New Year's Eve with her and my dad, even though I've never been one to care much for stuff like NYE. But it's definitely going to be a struggle going forward, one I'm still trying to figure out how to grapple with.

Thank you again though for you guys being here. I'll still be around, like I said, there are times I am going to be in desperate need of distractions, so I'll at the very least be checking in to read any new gaming or sports posts over the next week or two, maybe not comment as much as I have recently in the NFL or Bowl games threads, but I'll still be checking in regardless. And obviously I'm sure this won't be my last post here in this thread.

Thank you again guys, it really really does help and means a lot.

jaymo76
01-13-2018, 09:13 PM
Smooth, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

SmoothPancakes
01-20-2018, 11:05 PM
Hey guys,

I just want to thank you all for the kind words, thoughts and prayers. Last week was hell, and while it wasn't any better with 10 hours at the funeral home between Sunday and Monday, and then the funeral this past Tuesday morning, I think being on my feet and having so many people to greet and talk with over those days was so exhausting that I was able to get through it just looking forward to sleeping each night.

It's been better since Tuesday, though that is something that has been sort of bothering me. All last week and up through the funeral, I was sad, depressed, randomly crying, grieving, couldn't even stand to be in the house alone for the first week because of how quiet and empty it felt with my mom no longer around.

Tuesday afternoon, after the luncheon back at the church following the funeral, all the family went out to a local sports bar for a round of drinks, that turned into 3 hours of stories, laughing, drinking, ordering food even following the luncheon, etc. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday was spent at home just watching TV, relaxing, not doing much of anything for the first time in a week and a half. Went out with friends to dinner and then back to one of their houses for poker and laughs from 6-11pm Friday night. And then just sitting around relaxing and watching TV.

Since Tuesday, no crying, no outright sadness or depression, just back to normal. I know I have to find a sense of normalcy eventually, and my mom told my sister and I to go live our lives and find happiness in our lives that night she passed, but not even two weeks since she passed, only four days since the funeral and the last and final time I got to look at her, and I'm not sitting here still sad and depressed and grieving.

That just really bothers me right now that after losing a parent that I loved so much, someone I saw every day for all 30 3/4th years of my life, after such of a short time, I'm just back to life as usual instead of still being constantly sad or grieving. I think that's what is bothering me the most out of everything right now.

steelerfan
01-21-2018, 11:25 PM
I'm not really sure what to tell you in this situation, Smooth. There's not really a proper timeline for grieving. I mean it's a personal thing and it happens in your time and you shouldn't compare your experience to anyone else's.

I will say that excessive/lengthy grieving can be problematic but I don't think there's such a thing as "not enough" or "too short" unless it's a denial or suppression type thing.

Don't let yourself get caught up in feeling guilty. You know how much you thought of your mother, she knew it (and, beautifully, told you and your sister to move on and live your lives) and it's clear how you felt through your posts. How hard/long you grieve is irrelevant.

In my experience in the funeral business it was apparent to me that the more intelligent someone was the better they handled the process. I think you're probably right where you're supposed to be with it.

You'll probably have a relapse or two and that's ok. There's nothing wrong with missing someone and hurting so don't fight it. You're going to carry some of this with you for the rest of your life but you're smart enough to process it and you will on your own schedule.

souljahbill
01-22-2018, 05:39 PM
I was in this boat back in 2006. My best friend died out of the blue. No warning. Just got a call one morning from his wife and it left me numb. I realize my guy is not on the same level as your mother but it’s the closest I’ve come to knowing your grief. Feel how you feel, Smooth. If you feel bad, feel bad. If you feel joyful over her memory, feel joyful. Don’t bog yourself down in how you SHOULD feel and just take it day by day. I felt bad the day I found out. I felt bad at the funeral. I would occasionally feel bad at random times. For the most part though, I know he wouldn’t have wanted me to be sad endlessly over him as I wouldn’t want him to do that for me if the roles were reversed. It’s still kinda new so it’s gonna be weird for a minute. I had survivor’s remorse when my friend died as I always considered him to be a better person than I do I’d feel that I should’ve gone, not him. But that’s life, my man. You’ll find yourself missing her when something happens and you think this would be the perfect time to talk to her about it. I know my wife and I are always disappointed that we never got to take couples vacations with my friend and his wife because it was he that pretty much got us together.

Again, I’m sorry for your loss and we’re all here for you in any capacity we can help.

CLW
01-23-2018, 10:22 AM
Sorry for your loss Smooth.

SmoothPancakes
01-23-2018, 01:56 PM
Thanks guys. I just felt like something was wrong not still being constantly sad or depressed after only a week or two, compared to how miserable I felt those first couple days after, sitting at home with my dad and sister, randomly breaking down for a couple minutes at a time when any thought or memory would come up. It just felt like a week or two wasn't enough.

It has sort of hit me a little bit again the last day or two. It all came rushing back Sunday night when I went to bed, realizing that I had to go back to work Monday and it just sort of hit me that everything from the last two weeks, the viewings, the funeral, the time with family and friends was over for now and that I had no choice but to go back to the normal daily grind of work whether I was ready or not.

And then yesterday, talking with some coworkers and thanking them for coming to the funeral last week, since I had no chance to say anything at the end of the funeral since we were pretty much out the door and into cars to head to the cemetery with little time for anything else, on top of being a pall bearer for my mom, which was something I ultimately ended up having to do for myself as a way of seeing her off for the final time, and something that I knew I would regret not doing at some point down the road.

I know some days will be easier and some days will be harder. I guess it'll just be finding that middle spot where I can push on with life and not let it hold me back like she didn't want to have happen.

Thank again though for all the support, prayers and wishes. Knowing that you guys are there for me does help!

jaymo76
01-27-2018, 04:06 PM
Fatherhood, busy career, getting older, et al has taken its toll over the past decade. It's time to get back in shape. The wife and I have decided to try P90X. The goal is to start tomorrow and go through April 28th.

Q. Has anyone done it before? If so is it as hard as people say?

bdoughty
10-04-2018, 06:02 PM
Weather has gone bizzaro here at the top of Texas. A blistering 98 yesterday, only got up to 53 today, hitting 90 tomorrow and back down to 56 on Saturday.

SmoothPancakes
10-06-2018, 08:52 AM
No better here in Ohio. It was 85 Thursday. Got down to 40 Thursday night, only got up to 60 or so Friday. 50 for the low last night. Gonna get up to 84 today.

The highs the rest of this week, starting today: 84, 75, 85, 86, 82, 73, 63.

souljahbill
01-14-2019, 09:41 AM
So, for shits and giggles, I went through the Ram conspiracy theory post. Hilarious shit. Anyway, I read this snippet of post and realized he contradicted his own argument.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190114/38e8b109f2e2632f1696e84ac759e6f5.jpg
So, he was debating Steelerfan about how everyone is in on the fix and Steeler made the argument that there’s too much money to be made by blowing the secret up. Ram said there’s no paper trail and the NFL would just deny it.

But it occurred to me that all 1 person would have to do is supply a stack of scripts. After all, literally every play is scripted so those scripts must be all over the place. Amazing that not a single one has ever been found.