PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NFL Discussion

Pages : 1 [2]

steelerfan
11-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Steelerfan, you're killing me. Anytime a team I cheer for goes up against one of yours, I get my butt handed to me (Raiders & Canucks). lol. What a terrible effort by the Raiders today. The offense was just awful. Combine that with stupid penalties... I figured Oakland would really show up for this game... boy was I wrong.

Lol! I was wrong, too. I was very worried that Oakland would come out on fire and the Steelers would be flat. Speaking of penalties, Pittsburgh had 14 for 160+ yards. Uggh. I'm not one to harp on officiating, but jeez...I really thought the roughing the passer penalties on Woodley and Harrison and the personal foul on Clark were pretty bad calls.

Anyway, my apologies to you and cdj for that beating. ;)

gschwendt
11-21-2010, 08:55 PM
I wish the Jets could put together an entire game... they're winning, but convincingly. My contention is that it's Brian Schottenheimer... either he's calling bad plays or he's at least giving Sanchez bad first reads.

JBHuskers
11-26-2010, 12:37 PM
Rex Ryan cracks me up....

"New England is moving it up and down the field against everybody...I have confidence that that won't be the case this week."

JBHuskers
11-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Finnegan and Johnson fined $25k for their fight yesterday....surprised suspensions weren't handed down.

Rudy
11-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Finnegan sounds like a complete a-hole.

JBHuskers
11-29-2010, 07:04 PM

Yeah word is that he is.

He also looks like Koscheck....coincidence?

steelerfan
11-29-2010, 07:21 PM

He absolutely is.

I loathe both of these teams, but I applaud Johnson for kicking Finnegan's ass. He deserves nothing less.

JBHuskers
11-29-2010, 10:35 PM
He absolutely is.

I loathe both of these teams, but I applaud Johnson for kicking Finnegan's ass. He deserves nothing less.

Those were some great haymakers LMAO

JeffHCross
11-29-2010, 11:58 PM
surprised suspensions weren't handed down.Much like Seymour's fine, I imagine the NFL viewed the ejection as suspension-like. That was the reason for the fine rather than a suspension. Also, prior history comes into play. Definitely surprised that Finnegan didn't get suspended, considering he was just warned by the NFL last month about his discipline problems. Not surprised Andre didn't get anything ... doesn't have any history that I can think of.

JBHuskers
11-30-2010, 12:09 AM
StevieJohnson13 Stevie Johnson
I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!! AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!! YOU EXPECT ME TO LEARN FROM THIS??? HOW???!!! ILL NEVER FORGET THIS!! EVER!!! THX THO...

ESPN sure isn't letting this die, I've seen this tweet with their Twitter logo'ing and pimping the SC twitter and etc. at least four times tonight since I've gotten off work.

JBHuskers
11-30-2010, 12:11 AM
Much like Seymour's fine, I imagine the NFL viewed the ejection as suspension-like. That was the reason for the fine rather than a suspension. Also, prior history comes into play. Definitely surprised that Finnegan didn't get suspended, considering he was just warned by the NFL last month about his discipline problems. Not surprised Andre didn't get anything ... doesn't have any history that I can think of.

Yeah saw on Sportscenter that Finnegan has a history of being an instigator, and Johnson doesn't speak much let alone take action like that. They said it would be a competitive imbalance to suspend Johnson because of the Thursday game....and I guess keep it equal....but they meet up one more time at the middle of December.

JeffHCross
11-30-2010, 12:33 AM
ESPN sure isn't letting this die, I've seen this tweet with their Twitter logo'ing and pimping the SC twitter and etc. at least four times tonight since I've gotten off work.
Legitimately surprised that he hasn't deleted that tweet. And has continued to talk about it on his own.

steelerfan
11-30-2010, 05:17 AM
When will people just stop and realize that god hates Buffalo?

JBHuskers
11-30-2010, 08:39 AM
When will people just stop and realize that god hates Buffalo?

but no one circles the wagons....

steelerfan
11-30-2010, 08:40 AM
but no one circles the wagons....

Lately, no one circles the drain....

:D

JBHuskers
11-30-2010, 10:42 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5865332

Don't blame Anderson for blowing up. Just wonder where his form went from his pro bowl season. Looks like they're looking to bring Bulger in next season. Someone HAS to be able to get it done with the weapons they have on offense.

JeffHCross
12-04-2010, 12:11 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Despite-success-on-field-Michael-Vick-still-fac?urn=nfl-291781

Among the facts Munson discovered in the plan:
• Two-thirds of every dollar Vick earns goes to creditors and taxes.
• The rest of the money is strictly controlled. Think of it as an allowance.
• Vick can spend $4,250 per month on rent and utilities and $472 per month on a car. His mother, who was on Vick's payroll during his headier, pre-prison days, can receive $2,500 per month.
• Other obligations Vick owes include mortgages, child support, fees for his agent (who gets $800,000 through 2015) and for his tax lawyers (who will eventually receive a total of $2.6 million). The allowance does allow for Vick to pay $1,355 per month for private school for the two children he has with his fiancee, Kijafa Frink. (Munson calls it a "rare bit of extravagance.")
• His creditors stand to receive $12 million through 2015, provided Vick continues to receive a multi-million dollar salary.

Just wonder where his form went from his pro bowl season.Most Cleveland fans wondered where his form came from. That was an anomaly year if I've ever seen one.

Rudy
12-04-2010, 06:42 AM
If Vick only needs to pay his creditors $12 million through 2015 he will have that paid off with his new signing bonus in the offseason. He will be franchised and I believe the franchise tag will be well over that already (pre-taxes of course).

Of course Philly will probably slap the BIG franchise tag on him so nobody can even make him an offer. Personally I think the franchise tag is too easy to use for teams.

My suggestions for the Franchise tag in the new CBA:
1) If you only offer a one year guaranteed contract under the current guidelines, you only get one first rounder if the franchise player signs with another team.
2) If you want to receive two first rounders, you must offer a two year guaranteed contract under the same guidelines. That would be big bucks and truly reflect a franchise player.
3) An exclusive rights franchise player would require a three year guaranteed contract offer.

morsdraconis
12-04-2010, 10:35 AM
If the new CBA doesn't get done (and it probably won't, no matter what people are "reporting" because of this 18 game season shit that they keep pushing) then the Eagles' plan to franchise them is going to come back to bite them in the ass because there won't be one (and probably won't be a NFL season either).

JeffHCross
12-04-2010, 04:16 PM
If Vick only needs to pay his creditors $12 million through 2015 he will have that paid off with his new signing bonus in the offseason.If you look at Munson's original article (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=munson/101202), this is far from the truth. It's not like he can pay it if off in one lump sum payment. The $12 million through 2015 estimate is assuming he gets a massive free-agent contract.

steelerfan
12-05-2010, 11:34 PM
Steelers 13, Ravens 10. :)):)):)):)):))

Pittsburgh controls it's own destiny in the AFC North and a win tomorrow by the Jets would put the Steelers in control of their own destiny in the race for home field in the AFC.:popcorn:

Violator
12-06-2010, 10:14 AM
I wonder how many fines the Ravens are going to get handed down. Not sure how you miss the no call on Heath getting smoked helmet to helmet but like James said after the game, you know if it was me on that hit there would have been flags. And I thought you couldn't hit a QB in the head? Am I missing something because I thought your nose was on your head and that's the only way Ben could have broken his nose on that play, but yet the refs again missed that call. Ohh well Troy was superman when needed and got us the win!

steelerfan
12-06-2010, 11:03 AM
I wonder how many fines the Ravens are going to get handed down. Not sure how you miss the no call on Heath getting smoked helmet to helmet but like James said after the game, you know if it was me on that hit there would have been flags. And I thought you couldn't hit a QB in the head? Am I missing something because I thought your nose was on your head and that's the only way Ben could have broken his nose on that play, but yet the refs again missed that call. Ohh well Troy was superman when needed and got us the win!

Every word is correct.

SmoothPancakes
12-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Josh McDaniels is out as head coach of the Denver Broncos.

Edit - Hell, ESPN doesn't even have this yet. This is the Broncos Alerts text message I just received:

Broncos Owner Pat Bowlen has relieved Josh McDaniels of his head coaching duties. Details to follow on DenverBroncos.com.

Edit 2 - Annnd there it is. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5892528

steelerfan
12-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Speaking of the Broncos....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsrNUtu_CF4

steelerfan
12-07-2010, 06:50 AM
I forgot to mention this before. Did anyone notice the Steelers running out of the Pistol on Sunday night? They were doing so because of Ben's right foot injury. It was the first time I can recall seeing the Pistol in the NFL.

Anyway, Al Michaels, obviously does not watch much college football. He kept referring to the Pistol as a "mini Shotgun". Finally Cris Collinsworth said, "it's what the colleges refer to as 'the Pistol'". After that Michaels said something like, "the Steelers line up in that mini Shotgun that the colleges call the Pistol". He said it as if he was untrusting and unsure of Collinsworth's information. It was kind of pathetic.

steelerfan
12-07-2010, 08:42 AM
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20101206/SPT02/312060077/1066/Inept-Bengals-making-NFL-history

“It’s not a lack of effort on anybody’s part,” receiver Terrell Owens said. “I don’t know if we’re getting out-coached or what the deal is. At this point, I’m sitting here trying to fish for answers, but I don’t have any for you. Again, this is beginning to get old for me.”

Classic TO. Blame the coaching...

psusnoop
12-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Speaking of the Broncos....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsrNUtu_CF4

LMAO

psusnoop
12-07-2010, 09:47 AM
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20101206/SPT02/312060077/1066/Inept-Bengals-making-NFL-history

Classic TO. Blame the coaching...

Wouldn't expect anything less from this guy. He is his own worst enemy. If he would only glue his mouth shut, he would be one heck of a WR in the league.

steelerfan
12-07-2010, 11:50 AM
What a mess and what a waste of $. You can't build a winner in the NFL by over-spending on FAs. What sucks is that at least 6 or 8 teams will lineup to give Fat Albert another chance next season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/07/cold-shoulder-to-shanahan-gets-haynesworth-suspended/

psuexv
12-07-2010, 01:35 PM
This one is for you Steelerfan. If he skates for the Pens you'll hit the trifecta - The Pittsburgh Steelers signed third-year punter Jeremy Kapinos, the team announced Tuesday.

steelerfan
12-07-2010, 03:55 PM
This one is for you Steelerfan. If he skates for the Pens you'll hit the trifecta - The Pittsburgh Steelers signed third-year punter Jeremy Kapinos, the team announced Tuesday.

Yes, I heard that this morning (Steelers Text Alerts). Good to see a PSU guy get a shot, I just hate that Sepulveda ripped his knee up again (2nd time in 4 years with the Steelers, 3rd including college). Of course last time he did it, Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl. ;)

Rudy
12-07-2010, 04:00 PM
I forgot to mention this before. Did anyone notice the Steelers running out of the Pistol on Sunday night? They were doing so because of Ben's right foot injury. It was the first time I can recall seeing the Pistol in the NFL.

Anyway, Al Michaels, obviously does not watch much college football. He kept referring to the Pistol as a "mini Shotgun". Finally Cris Collinsworth said, "it's what the colleges refer to as 'the Pistol'". After that Michaels said something like, "the Steelers line up in that mini Shotgun that the colleges call the Pistol". He said it as if he was untrusting and unsure of Collinsworth's information. It was kind of pathetic.

That's terrible. Clearly he must not watch any college football. Bama uses it so it's obvious he didn't even watch the Iron Bowl or doesn't really pay attention.

steelerfan
12-07-2010, 06:20 PM
That's terrible. Clearly he must not watch any college football.

That's precisely what I thought.

morsdraconis
12-07-2010, 11:27 PM
I saw someone else do it too. Someone Washington played this year (maybe Houston?) line up in it a few times as well.

Violator
12-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Houston runs a version of it.

steelerfan
12-08-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm not sold on this because of New England's ranking, but it's hard to argue with the success of the top 10 teams.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81cb7bfa/article/who-is-playoffbound-toxic-differential-tells-the-tale?module=HP_cp2

JBHuskers
12-08-2010, 12:13 PM
John Skelton may get his audition a year or two early for the Cardinals. Sounds like he may get the start. No better place to start than vs. Denver.

Rudy
12-08-2010, 04:08 PM
I'm not sold on this because of New England's ranking, but it's hard to argue with the success of the top 10 teams.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81cb7bfa/article/who-is-playoffbound-toxic-differential-tells-the-tale?module=HP_cp2

I like those numbers.

SmoothPancakes
12-08-2010, 04:36 PM
I saw this story on ESPN earlier today. A nice change to see someone choosing family and proper priorities over potentially screwing themselves out a steady job at the end of the season for 4 weeks of playing in the NFL at the whim of a team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5898499

cdj
12-12-2010, 01:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2K53bkzX2I

Violator
12-12-2010, 01:34 PM
That is nice. Guess the Vikes plea for a new stadium got a little help today

psusnoop
12-12-2010, 05:59 PM
It a not so good way. Wow, I was hearing rumors that they left the air out of it to take the pressure off of it but that certainly didn't look like it there.

gschwendt
12-12-2010, 06:24 PM
The Jets' offensive production is horrible... not sure if it's Sanchez, Brian Schottenheimer, or the O-line but something has got to improve. It's pathetic that your defense gift-wraps the game against the Dolphins yet your offense can't score points.

steelerfan
12-12-2010, 11:44 PM
The Jets' offensive production is horrible...

See you at Heinz Field next Sunday. ;)

JBHuskers
12-13-2010, 09:43 AM
That is nice. Guess the Vikes plea for a new stadium got a little help today

Or they are that much closer to moving to LA.

JBHuskers
12-13-2010, 10:05 AM
So did anyone see Tashard Choice ask Vick for an autograph on his glove last night? :D

Rudy
12-13-2010, 04:16 PM
I know a few guys going to the Giants-Vikings game tonight in Detroit. Anybody that went to the Lions game got a free ticket if they want one and anyone with an actual ticket for the game gets preferred 50 yard line seating.

Unfortunately I have a twin brother who lives in Winnipeg and is a Giants fan. Whenever they play in Minny he goes to watch the game. He had tickets for him and his 14 year old son and my sister-in-law and two nieces go shopping while there. It's about an 8 hour drive I believe. They stay overnight and it's all for nothing. No game.

CLW
12-13-2010, 05:23 PM
No Favre tonight and will likely be headed to the IR list to end his career.

gschwendt
12-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Hilarious that Favre ends another season by throwing an interception.

steelerfan
12-13-2010, 07:16 PM
They stay overnight and it's all for nothing. No game.

That really sucks!!

JBHuskers
12-20-2010, 12:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVRXFPsA3TY

psuexv
12-23-2010, 07:33 AM
Someone has way too much time on there hands.

JBHuskers
12-23-2010, 08:14 AM

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/212869840.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1293114625&Signature=xqtJCOKAiCmZ2E586NWPsnVPCkg%3D

psuexv
12-23-2010, 08:17 AM
Anyone else see this on Sunday -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyMBPDch9As

morsdraconis
12-24-2010, 05:50 AM
AMAZING play. Gotta just fuckin' LOVE that stuff.

jaymo76
12-26-2010, 08:39 PM
You gotta love the drama in SF. Watching Sigeltary chew out his QB today... classic! I think Singletary should start working on his resume ASAP.

Rudy
12-27-2010, 06:02 AM
Singletary's resume has been updated by John York!

JBHuskers
12-27-2010, 09:59 AM
I haven't seen yet, but is the NY Post headline for the Jets:

The Agony of DA FEET?

JBHuskers
12-27-2010, 10:00 AM
You gotta love the drama in SF. Watching Sigeltary chew out his QB today... classic! I think Singletary should start working on his resume ASAP.

Yeah I said earlier last week when he announced Troy Smith as the QB, if he loses he's out because just two weeks ago he said "Alex Smith gives us the best chance to win".

skipwondah33
12-27-2010, 11:03 AM
Troy Smith just likely lost his last chance at being a starting QB in the NFL after that game.

JBHuskers
12-27-2010, 11:39 AM
That was hilarious when Ginn facewashed him twice with a towel.

morsdraconis
12-27-2010, 02:36 PM
And, Singletary is out as coach at San Fran - to be replaced by Jim Tomsula as interim HC (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-49ers-singletary)

JBHuskers
12-27-2010, 02:44 PM
It's a celebration!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8JNtgsBwMA

psuexv
12-28-2010, 09:24 AM
PA governor calls out NFL for being wussies.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5960674&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

morsdraconis
12-28-2010, 11:33 AM
And I completely agree with him. They didn't even get 10 inches. Bunch of wusses.

JBHuskers
12-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Yeah they said if this was in the midwest there would be no doubt that the game would have been played....

JBHuskers
12-29-2010, 12:15 PM
I still think Cleveland is going to land McNabb....sounds like Arizona isn't in the market for him, and McCoy isn't necessarily ready yet. There are weapons in Cleveland that could end up being somewhat like a poor mans version of what McNabb had in Philly...I can see Holmgren making this move.

morsdraconis
12-29-2010, 04:04 PM
I still think Cleveland is going to land McNabb....sounds like Arizona isn't in the market for him, and McCoy isn't necessarily ready yet. There are weapons in Cleveland that could end up being somewhat like a poor mans version of what McNabb had in Philly...I can see Holmgren making this move.

As long as they trade for him, I'm all for it. ;)

JeffHCross
12-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Not to mention that the current Browns GM used to work for the Eagles ...

JeffHCross
12-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Yeah they said if this was in the midwest there would be no doubt that the game would have been played....Personally, I think if the snowfall had happened before the game, it would have been fine. But since it was a evening snowfall with blizzard like conditions right when people would have been going to the game ... it became a public safety problem.

And that the governor thinks people are responsible enough to make their own decision about going to the game is nuts.

JBHuskers
12-29-2010, 06:59 PM
As long as they trade for him, I'm all for it. ;)

Good luck on that :D

morsdraconis
12-29-2010, 07:04 PM
Good luck on that :D

Well, for once, the Redskins were VERY smart with their contract structuring. They basically have the rights to McNabb (without having to pay him more than $3.5 million) until the first day of the season (forcing a team to trade for him if they want him for the offseason) and they can then cut him before the first day of the season with no more ill effects (besides the wasted draft picks). It's a smart way to basically force someone to trade for him if they really want him to be effective for them before week 6 of the new season.

It sucks that he's not working on in DC, but such is being a Redskins fan for the past 19 years (after the marvelous 1991 Super Bowl season).

steelerfan
12-30-2010, 03:20 AM
Ok, which 2 of you went to the Bungles game?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/29/fan-sues-bengals-over-injuries-suffered-in-stands/

SmoothPancakes
12-30-2010, 04:03 AM
Jesus Christ, she wait long enough? The game was freaking September 27th, 2009. That year plus of anguish must have been so unbearable for her to wait so long to sue.

And could they been any more fucking over-dramatic with their language of the lawsuit? "...who suffered what the suit termed "catastrophic injuries" that included a broken nose, a broken left index finger, had a cap knocked from a tooth, a "bruised femur, a jammed toe and many other strains and sprains." Yes, a broken nose and left index finger, a cap knocked from a tooth, a bruised femur, a jammed toe and some other strains and sprains are just sooooo catastrophic. Go tell that to someone who just had their fucking body damn near broken in half from a massive car accident or something.

Rudy
12-30-2010, 06:35 AM
I love how the NFL hands out all kinds of fines and suspensions for its players and the NFLPA just bends over. Big Ben got 4-6 games and wasn't even charged. They pander to public opinion rather than any sort of legal rules. Favre gets a $50,000 fine for not talking? You can plead the 5th in a court of law but not the court of Goodell. And the NFLPA says and does nothing.

JBHuskers
12-30-2010, 09:46 AM
I love how the NFL hands out all kinds of fines and suspensions for its players and the NFLPA just bends over. Big Ben got 4-6 games and wasn't even charged. They pander to public opinion rather than any sort of legal rules. Favre gets a $50,000 fine for not talking? You can plead the 5th in a court of law but not the court of Goodell. And the NFLPA says and does nothing.

No
Fun
League

JeffHCross
12-30-2010, 01:48 PM
You can plead the 5th in a court of law but not the court of Goodell.These are not the same.

Rudy
12-30-2010, 04:10 PM
These are not the same.

I totally agree. One has due process and a limit to an abuse of powers. The other is a monopoly that does whatever it wants.

steelerfan
12-30-2010, 06:35 PM
I totally agree. One has due process and a limit to an abuse of powers. The other is a monopoly that does whatever it wants.

LOL, true!!

However, from what I've read, Favre lied. That's different than pleading the 5th, even in a real courtroom.

JBHuskers
12-31-2010, 12:16 PM
Pats are rumored to possibly sign Ochocinco in the offseason...

jaymo76
01-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Pats are rumored to possibly sign Ochocinco in the offseason...

I hope the CHAD books an hour long TV segment on ESPN to tell us his decision... oh wait, that's already been done.

steelerfan
01-03-2011, 12:45 AM
I hope the CHAD books an hour long TV segment on ESPN to tell us his decision... oh wait, that's already been done.

Despite Chad Johnson's beliefs, he's no LeBron (though they've both done their part to keep miserable Ohio franchises on the short end). Johnson's show would have to be on Versus. And, unless you were looking for hockey, no one would see it, lol. Does that channel even bother to air anything when they don't have hockey on? I know I wouldn't know.

Rudy
01-03-2011, 07:48 AM
Part of the dirty business of incentives. Ronnie Brown needed 30 yards to hit 750 rushing yards and get a $500,000 incentive bonus. Instead Brown only got 6 carries for 14 yards and NO carries in the second half.

JBHuskers
01-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Part of the dirty business of incentives. Ronnie Brown needed 30 yards to hit 750 rushing yards and get a $500,000 incentive bonus. Instead Brown only got 6 carries for 14 yards and NO carries in the second half.

Saw that piece on ESPN yesterday, was pretty interesting.

steelerfan
01-03-2011, 02:07 PM

And here's the other side of the coin, lol.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/36016-THNcom-Blog-The-night-Kerry-Fraser-gave-enforcer-Jim-McKenzie-a-bonus.html

JBHuskers
01-03-2011, 02:21 PM
And here's the other side of the coin, lol.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/36016-THNcom-Blog-The-night-Kerry-Fraser-gave-enforcer-Jim-McKenzie-a-bonus.html

That is AWESOME :D :D :D :D :D

Rudy
01-04-2011, 05:39 AM
The Dolphins have been pretty cheap with some of their moves lately including putting guys injured in the offseason on no-pay reserved lists instead of the PUP. If you get hurt working out in the offseason getting ready for the year that should be a football injury even if it doesn't happen at the Dolphins facility. Matt Roth has a grievance in and Merling should have put one in this year.

JBHuskers
01-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Hah this is pretty cool. From Kotaku...what Brett Favre was doing on draft day...

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/01/500x_favrenes.jpg

psusnoop
01-05-2011, 11:44 AM
DE Aaron Smith practiced in Full Pads for the 1st time in 2 months. Pretty pumped, it would be huge to get him back for the playoffs.

steelerfan
01-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Hah this is pretty cool. From Kotaku...what Brett Favre was doing on draft day...

I'd have guessed he was getting a massage.

steelerfan
01-05-2011, 01:50 PM
DE Aaron Smith practiced in Full Pads for the 1st time in 2 months.

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

steelerfan
01-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Blew Dat?

cdj
01-08-2011, 09:01 PM
The Saints D must still be in Atlanta.

gschwendt
01-08-2011, 09:05 PM
For anyone that missed it, here's Lynch's amazing run
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d81d8d049/Lynch-s-amazing-TD-seals-upset-of-defending-champs

SmoothPancakes
01-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Great, now I have to listen to every fucking sports person on TV and radio masturbate themselves about the Seahawks all fucking week.

JeffHCross
01-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Actually, I think they'll be saying that the Saints blew it more than talking up the 'Hawks.

JeffHCross
01-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Sportscenter teaser: "The search for a new head coach in Denver, is officially over. What Denver legend John Elway thinks of the choice."

You mean "What the guy who hired him, who obviously is going to say positive things about him, thinks of the choice", right?

HWill
01-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Sportscenter teaser: "The search for a new head coach in Denver, is officially over. What Denver legend John Elway thinks of the choice."

You mean "What the guy who hired him, who obviously is going to say positive things about him, thinks of the choice", right?

Remember, you're talking about SportsCenter here. A show that has had a steady decline in quality over the years.

gschwendt
01-16-2011, 06:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yJ5XsX-p5k

cdj
01-16-2011, 09:34 PM
Last week it was personal against Peyton Manning, this week it was personal against Bill Belichick. Who will it be personal against next week for Rex Ryan?

JBHuskers
01-16-2011, 10:31 PM
Bears / Packers :)) the way the NFC should be won.

SmoothPancakes
01-16-2011, 11:27 PM
Last week it was personal against Peyton Manning, this week it was personal against Bill Belichick. Who will it be personal against next week for Rex Ryan?

Big Ben seems like a logical target for him to channel his hate for. I'm sure he'll think of something for why it's personal against Big Ben.

steelerfan
01-17-2011, 03:39 AM
Bears / Packers :)) the way the NFC should be won.

And the Steelers host yet another AFC Championship Game.

The Steelers have put together such an impressive run in the last 40 years....

* 6 World Championships
* 7 AFC Championships
* 15 Championship Game appearances
* 20 Division Championships

This will also be Pittsburgh's 8th AFC title game in the last 17 years with 7 of those 8 being at home. When I stop and think about those numbers, appearing in more than 1/3 of the Championship Games (nearly 1/2 in the last 17 years) and winning 1/2 of the division titles, I truly feel fortunate to be a fan of this franchise (for more than 30 years).

Good luck to JB and Tommy, it's going to be fun and exciting to see how all of this plays out.

Rudy
01-17-2011, 04:38 AM
The Dolphins have sniffed the conference championship once in the last 20 years. Ugh.

SmoothPancakes
01-17-2011, 04:56 AM
Well, it looks like me watching the Super Bowl this year is 50/50. There is not a single team left that I even remotely give a damn about. I hate Pittsburgh, I hate Chicago, I couldn't care less about Green Bay, and while I don't hate them, I 100% against the Jets and hope they get bitch-slapped by any of the remaining teams just because I'm tired of listening to them run their mouth. The only teams I had any interesting in this postseason where the Falcons, Eagles, Chiefs, and Ravens.

JBHuskers
01-17-2011, 08:31 AM
First time since 1941 the Bears and Packers have met in the postseason...that's crazy.

JBHuskers
01-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Why Welker was benched yesterday :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WCb17psf8A

JBHuskers
01-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Impressive. I guess he's sang the anthem at Wrigley before too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgDyip44TZo

steelerfan
01-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Wow. Brilliant.

http://www.silive.com/southshore/index.ssf/2011/01/sled_ride_turns_deadly_in_grea.html

JBHuskers
01-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Wow. Brilliant.

http://www.silive.com/southshore/index.ssf/2011/01/sled_ride_turns_deadly_in_grea.html

A local radio station here has a bit that's called Stupid People Shouldn't Breed....natural selection here.

I wonder if he used the Griswold grease :D

steelerfan
01-17-2011, 12:15 PM
A local radio station here has a bit that's called Stupid People Shouldn't Breed....natural selection here.

I wonder if he used the Griswold grease :D

I was just relieved that it wasn't a guy named Tommy from Arkansas. :P

gschwendt
01-17-2011, 12:20 PM
I was just relieved that it wasn't a guy named Tommy from Arkansas. :PNah... I don't have the inclined driveway, nor the snow/ice for that matter. Otherwise, yeah, I'd be all over that!

Rudy
01-17-2011, 08:48 PM
The crowd was going nuts for the national anthem. That was cool.

steelerfan
01-18-2011, 09:05 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/18/this-week-its-not-personal-for-rex-ryan/

JeffHCross
01-18-2011, 11:19 PM
So the Vikings hire Mike Singletary, former 49ers Head Coach ... to be Linebackers Coach / Assistant Head Coach (I've wondered for years what the realistic difference between an Asst. Head Coach and an Assistant Coach is). Fred Pagac remains defensive coordinator (he was formerly linebackers coach while Frazier was DC), and Singletary is linebackers coach.

What a strange sequence of events.

Rudy
01-19-2011, 04:57 AM
I think the assistant head coach thing is garbage. I just don't like the way the NFL blocks hires. The old system used to let a DB, LB or DL coach move to a new team to be come a def co-ordinator. Not under the new system as teams can block promotions. All coaches are considered equal now. The nickel backs coach is considered the same as a co-ordinator position. The only difference now is they added this dumb assistant head coach title. That IS considered a promotion and a team can't keep you from leaving. So under the new system you can move from LB coach of one team to LB coach of a new team with no issues as long as they add your assistant head coach label to it. But a DB coach can't leave to be a co-ordinator, without a team's blessing, if they don't add that title. Dumb.

steelerfan
01-19-2011, 07:10 AM
I think the assistant head coach thing is garbage. I just don't like the way the NFL blocks hires. The old system used to let a DB, LB or DL coach move to a new team to be come a def co-ordinator. Not under the new system as teams can block promotions. All coaches are considered equal now. The nickel backs coach is considered the same as a co-ordinator position. The only difference now is they added this dumb assistant head coach title. That IS considered a promotion and a team can't keep you from leaving. So under the new system you can move from LB coach of one team to LB coach of a new team with no issues as long as they add your assistant head coach label to it. But a DB coach can't leave to be a co-ordinator, without a team's blessing, if they don't add that title. Dumb.

Are you 100% sure about this? Your description does not resemble my understanding.

skipwondah33
01-19-2011, 12:14 PM
I also think that he knows that the Steelers aren't a team they will be able to bully

steelerfan
01-19-2011, 12:17 PM
I also think that he knows that the Steelers aren't a team they will be able to bully

;)

EDIT: nice avatar, skip! Here We Go, Steelers!!!!

JBHuskers
01-19-2011, 12:20 PM

;)

But the Steelers are vulnerable to a foot rub. So they have to make sure they put their best foot forward, and dip their toes into the water before diving in. If they don't they will have to deal with the agony of da feet.

steelerfan
01-19-2011, 01:01 PM
Wow. Raiders fans, I apologize for this.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com:80/2011/01/19/ten-more-highlights-from-the-epic-al-davis-press-conference/#more-104891

:D :D :D

JBHuskers
01-19-2011, 01:13 PM
Wow. Raiders fans, I apologize for this.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com:80/2011/01/19/ten-more-highlights-from-the-epic-al-davis-press-conference/#more-104891

3. A reporter asked Davis about the efficacy of the team’s background checks considering Kiffin and Cable’s history: “We’re very bad at it,” Davis said. Awesome.

:D :D poor CDJ

9. On Nnamdi Asomugha: Davis wants to keep him, but indicated he wouldn’t have picked up the option in the cornerback’s contract: “That 17 million dollars can bring you two or three players that can help you win.’’

Al Davis is probably too old to comprehend the value of a shutdown corner....

Unfortunately Davis dying is going to be the best thing to happen to this franchise in a while.

steelerfan
01-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Here's the Al Davis goodness, as first examined on Tuesday, in case you missed it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/18/al-davis-takes-aim-at-tom-cable/

steelerfan
01-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Eventually, I think we all knew Santonio would have something to say.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/19/holmes-beating-steelers-isnt-personal-unless-the-jets-win-the-super-bowl/

Rudy
01-19-2011, 08:14 PM
Are you 100% sure about this? Your description does not resemble my understanding.

I'm 99% certain on that. They made that rule change about 5-7 years ago. A co-ordinator position is no longer considered a promotion. All assistant coaches are equal except for assistant head coach. Singletary can't leave the Vikings now for any job other than head coach because of he accepted the assistant head coach label. If a team offered him a DC job the Vikings could block it. Rod Marinelli was assistant head coach in Tampa as a DL coach and they blocked him from leaving for a DC job. It's just the way it is. The only way to leave for another team to take a co-ordinator job is if the current team you are on isn't a prick and doesn't block the move. It's pretty bush league if you are a LB coach and are offered a DC job and your current team blocks it but they can. If they block the move the other team would have to offer you an assistant head coach title as well or you can't leave. It's dumb imo.

steelerfan
01-20-2011, 05:50 AM
I'm 99% certain on that. They made that rule change about 5-7 years ago. A co-ordinator position is no longer considered a promotion. All assistant coaches are equal except for assistant head coach. Singletary can't leave the Vikings now for any job other than head coach because of he accepted the assistant head coach label. If a team offered him a DC job the Vikings could block it. Rod Marinelli was assistant head coach in Tampa as a DL coach and they blocked him from leaving for a DC job. It's just the way it is. The only way to leave for another team to take a co-ordinator job is if the current team you are on isn't a prick and doesn't block the move. It's pretty bush league if you are a LB coach and are offered a DC job and your current team blocks it but they can. If they block the move the other team would have to offer you an assistant head coach title as well or you can't leave. It's dumb imo.

Ok, somehow this description was easier for me to follow than the last one. You are correct about how it works. I don't see it as problematic though.

First, the coach doesn't have to agree to it. Second, that tag brings $$$ with it. Last, it "labels" the coach as "worthy" of a head coaching job. All in all, I don't think any coach has made less money or had their career path hindered by the tag.

steelerfan
01-20-2011, 01:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POyFvDgV2cU

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

morsdraconis
01-20-2011, 04:33 PM

That's awesome.

JBHuskers
01-20-2011, 05:11 PM
that was good lol

JBHuskers
01-21-2011, 02:16 PM
slmandel Stewart Mandel
The ESPN ticker's dream come true. RT @CBSSportsNCAAF: Cam Newton signs with Favre's agent http://bit.ly/dZLiuZ

steelerfan
01-22-2011, 03:11 PM
http://blackandgoldworld.blogspot.com/2011/01/colin-cowherd-you-dont-trash-talk-pit.html

JBHuskers
01-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Hell of a year by Da Bears....did better than I expected this year.

CLW
01-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Jay Cutler = Candy Ass!

I'm sorry but if you can walk around on the sideline and get on a bike and pedal you are healthy enough to get back out there with your team. With the F'n Super Bowl on the line you just quit on your team b/c of some "boo boo"?

IF I were a Bears fan (and I'm not) I'd make sure I ran Jay Cutler out of town.

JeffHCross
01-23-2011, 06:00 PM
What makes you think it was Cutler's decision and not the Bears' coaching staff?

Rudy
01-24-2011, 05:03 AM
I just assumed it was performance related at the time of the decision. The Bears have said the medical staff pulled him.

Todd Collins reminded everyone how much he blows. How is he still in the league? I think Hanie was a good option because he was too young and stupid to be scared. It seemed like the vets were rushing things and too worried about GB's defense. Hanie just came in brash and fired away.

steelerfan
01-24-2011, 08:24 AM
I'm still drunk.

8x AFC Champions

:)):)):)):)):)):)):)):check::check::check::check:: check::check::check::)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)) :check::check::check::check::check::check::check:: check::check::check::check::popcorn:

steelerfan
01-24-2011, 08:27 AM
Tommy, JB, I've been on your end of the equation far too many times. I know that feeling and I empathize with you, my brothers. Great season, much respect.

JBHuskers
01-24-2011, 08:47 AM
I'm still drunk.

8x AFC Champions

:)):)):)):)):)):)):)):check::check::check::check:: check::check::check::)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)) :check::check::check::check::check::check::check:: check::check::check::check::popcorn:

I see Steelerfan found the new checkmark icon :D

JBHuskers
01-24-2011, 09:57 AM
From Twitter:

TeddyGreenstein Teddy Greenstein
by HuskerLocker
Cutler reportedly has MCL tear. Interesting that athletes who hate media for ripping w/o facts are the FIRST people to rip w/o facts.

JBHuskers
01-24-2011, 10:52 AM
Now Big Ben knows how it is to receive.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McMQ9zHtrg4

psusnoop
01-24-2011, 11:02 AM
I was laughing very hard once I saw that too. Very funny

steelerfan
01-25-2011, 12:09 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/24/herschel-walker-says-hes-thinking-about-a-comeback/

ram29jackson
01-25-2011, 01:25 AM
I was laughing very hard once I saw that too. Very funny

It would be more interesting to know what they said to each other. Like, in that Super Bowl films retrospective when Elway scores and is on the ground next to Schlereth and theyre inches apart ,facemask to facemask,smiling and Schlereth says " hey buddy " and Elway says, "youre an idiot " a moment they wont forget.

morsdraconis
01-25-2011, 09:26 AM
It would be more interesting to know what they said to each other. Like, in that Super Bowl films retrospective when Elway scores and is on the ground next to Schlereth and theyre inches apart ,facemask to facemask,smiling and Schlereth says " hey buddy " and Elway says, "youre an idiot " a moment they wont forget.

+1000

Can't wait for the "behind the scenes" of that moment.

JBHuskers
01-25-2011, 11:40 AM
http://1.media.sportspickle.cvcdn.com/92/84/f083773d080dbda834e8db2fd9f6b23b.jpg

psuexv
01-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Jeff Fisher let go from the Titans.

steelerfan
01-28-2011, 09:10 AM
Jeff Fisher let go from the Titans.

Yep, and I agree 100% with Mike Florio (don't say "100%" and "Mike Florio" very often). He echoed nearly word-for-word what I've thought, and said, for a few years....

Still, plenty of folks in the media seem to believe that Fisher is a top-shelf coach, despite earning only six playoff births in 16-plus NFL seasons and presiding over a team that widely is regarded as one of the dirtiest in the league.

Though Fisher managed to survive nearly a generation of short fuses and hot seats created by the “if they did it why can’t we?” realities of parity, the final destination won’t be Canton or anywhere close to it. Six playoff appearances, one Super Bowl appearance, a winning percentage not far north of .500, and a team that has developed a reputation for being dirtier than Bob Saget’s mouth.

gschwendt
01-28-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm interested in seeing what Fisher can do with a better owner than Bud Adams... until then, he's a decent coach that will get another job somewhere.

steelerfan
01-31-2011, 08:20 PM
Troy Polamalu: NFL Defensive Player of the Year. :nod:

psuexv
02-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Troy Polamalu: NFL Defensive Player of the Year. :nod:

:)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):))

morsdraconis
02-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Wow.

Can't believe he got it over Clay Matthews... That's crazy...

steelerfan
02-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Matthews is a one trick pony. 60ish tackles at OLB? C'mon, Man!

morsdraconis
02-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Matthews is a one trick pony. 60ish tackles at OLB? C'mon, Man!

You do realize that he plays the OLB position that Lemar Woodley plays and has about the same type of stats of he does but is probably one of the best coverage LBs in the game today? His OLB position isn't the one that's going to make all the tackles. He's going to be the one to break up the seam route over the middle and chase guys 15-20 yards down the field.

He and AJ Hawk have been absolutely monumental to the Packers' turnaround on the defensive side of the ball.

steelerfan
02-02-2011, 12:02 AM
I know he's great. I know what he and Hawk have done. I also know he had 6 sacks in the first 2 games and barely that many in the other 14. And, I know Troy makes Pittsburgh's D go. I'm not saying Clay isn't worthy of praise and recognition, but you said Troy winning was "crazy". It's not and if Matthews got it, it wouldn't be "crazy" either.

JBHuskers
02-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Definition of pussy whipped? Matt Hasselbeck.

He has a program on his computer that sends an e-mail alert to his wife and teammates if he is on any "questionable" websites..... :D :D :D :D :D :smh:

steelerfan
02-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Definition of pussy whipped? Matt Hasselbeck.

He has a program on his computer that sends an e-mail alert to his wife and teammates if he is on any "questionable" websites..... :D :D :D :D :D :smh:

Guess he doesn't lurk here then. :D

That's hilarious! "Matt's wacking off to that fetish site again. Someone get over there and stop him!"

Rudy
02-03-2011, 04:38 AM
Matt Hasselbeck has always been a wuss. First things - he want to be called Matthew, not Matt. Second, a watched an NFL-N thing where they focused on him in training camp. He just sounded odd - not like a football player at all. I can't see how he could be a leader on a football team.

JBHuskers
02-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Guess he doesn't lurk here then. :D

That's hilarious! "Steelerfan's wacking off to that fetish site again to practice the lawsuit feature on The Game of Life. Someone get over there and stop him!"

fixed.

(an inside joke most won't get :D)

skipwondah33
02-03-2011, 01:08 PM
I read that he said porn almost ruined his marriage in the past

morsdraconis
02-03-2011, 01:18 PM
I read that he said porn almost ruined his marriage in the past

Yeah, cause his wife is fuckin' nuts.

JBHuskers
02-03-2011, 02:09 PM

Jesus freak.

skipwondah33
02-03-2011, 02:39 PM
:D that just made me think of a quote from Major League for some odd reason haha

Maybe because I've been wanting to watch it lately.

Pedro - "Jesus, I like him very much, but he no help with curveball"

Eddie - "You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball?"

JBHuskers
02-03-2011, 02:40 PM
:d that just made me think of a quote from major league for some odd reason haha

maybe because i've been wanting to watch it lately.

Pedro - "jesus, i like him very much, but he no help with curveball"

eddie - "you trying to say jesus christ can't hit a curve ball?"

Classic! :D

steelerfan
02-03-2011, 06:16 PM
fixed.

(an inside joke most won't get :D)

You're just pissed because I'm the Jack Master and I know the Judge. :D :D :D

JBHuskers
02-03-2011, 07:00 PM
You're just pissed because I'm the Jack Master and I blow the Judge. :D :D :D

again, fixed.

CLW
02-04-2011, 03:48 PM

Are you referring to his brother's (Tim) wife?

steelerfan
02-04-2011, 07:31 PM
again, fixed.

Whatever it takes.

"The judgement is for the Defendant". :nod:

psuexv
02-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Putting the boy to bed tonight and he pulled this out of the closet and was pumped for the game tomorrow. Had to tell him him he had to wait one more day.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/F9MOazlqP2lAbbfTq6km83ikRhPlj6VrMx0aC50COuM?feat=d irectlink

steelerfan
02-05-2011, 12:35 AM
Here We Go, Steelers!

steelerfan
02-05-2011, 02:41 AM
Here's a good article about the Steelers way of doing business from the NY Times.

http://blackandgoldworld.blogspot.com/2011/02/rooney-method-build-methodically-and.html

JeffHCross
02-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Eric, your image doesn't show up ... try this instead: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_A6kUqP2Wk3w/TUy0M1U39-I/AAAAAAAAB9g/I6ol0hbFhh0/s912/photo.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_A6kUqP2Wk3w/TUy0M1U39-I/AAAAAAAAB9g/I6ol0hbFhh0/s912/photo.JPG

psuexv
02-05-2011, 11:22 AM
That's strange. I can see it in my original post. This happened one other time with that twitpic image of the Christmas wrapper office

gschwendt
02-05-2011, 02:13 PM
That's strange. I can see it in my original post. This happened one other time with that twitpic image of the Christmas wrapper office
You can't hotlink Google's picasa images... they work temporarily but eventually that address times out.

steelerfan
02-06-2011, 04:21 AM
Super Bowl Sunday is here!

:):nod::)):drool::popcorn:

Rudy
02-06-2011, 04:26 AM
I don't have a vested interest in either team but I will be rooting for Aaron Rodgers (sorry Steelerfan). From how he sat at that draft table for hours while he slipped from a potential #2 draft pick down into the 20s and from how he had to replace a legend in a very messy situation in Green Bay, he deserves some good NFL karma by winning a Superbowl. Then not only will his first three years in the NFL also be better than the three MVP years of Favre (in QB rating and yards) but he's also match Favre's Superbowl wins and end the Favre era for good.

steelerfan
02-06-2011, 07:30 AM
Unless you're a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers, or your team is a rival of the Packers, I think most people would prefer the Steelers not get a 7th Lombardi Trophy tonight. I understand that. I always root against teams like the Lakers and Yankees for similar reasons.

Violator
02-06-2011, 12:33 PM
yeah, i got lucky and unpacked my terrible towels yesterday. just in time. but Steelerfan, I found the shirt I have to own!!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LJR7D4/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=AET2EBVNLL4A6

ohh and i guess only JB will get that but since Nov 1 I have grown my beard out, while its not as big as Kiesels it is pretty beefy. Ill see if i can put a pic on here of it

Violator
02-06-2011, 12:40 PM
there is the beard last week, and the beard was about 2 sheets to the wind as well
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x365/Brian_Havlin/165110_189848857707101_100000459641358_626257_3465 239_n.jpg

steelerfan
02-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Ha! Yep, love that shirt!

Nice beard, too. Mine is not nearly as robust. I didn't quit trimming till the playoffs, lol.

Here We Go, Steelers!!

jaymo76
02-06-2011, 12:54 PM
I cheer for the Raiders so I don't have to worry about playoff beards. Thank you AL for your "amazing" leadership. I'm looking forward to ANOTHER head coach..... $#%&^$@!

Violator
02-06-2011, 01:03 PM
I keep walking around singing here we go steelers, here we go, pittsburghs going to the super bowl

steelerfan
02-06-2011, 01:04 PM
I keep walking around singing here we go steelers, here we go, pittsburghs going to the super bowl

:nod:

Violator
02-06-2011, 01:04 PM
and one good thing is no matter what a Steeler gets a ring today. IF GB wins Kevin Greene will get the ring he deserved if Neil O'Donnel decided not to throw to the Cowboys in 95

steelerfan
02-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Won't get into it today, but I don't blame O'Donnell. Go back and look who the receiver was and think about why he was in the game (injury in AFCC).

Anyway, Darren Perry is on the Packers staff, too.

Violator
02-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Won't get into it today, but I don't blame O'Donnell. Go back and look who the receiver was and think about why he was in the game (injury in AFCC).

Anyway, Darren Perry is on the Packers staff, too.

is he really? didnt know Darren was. Yeah I know, but i feel the same way about Neil as I do about Kordell. It's better to just forget about them.

SmoothPancakes
02-06-2011, 05:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=6096112

What a joke. I hope the Super Bowl never goes back to Dallas, just as a giant "fuck you" you to Jerry Jones and his need to stroke himself and his ego. This whole week has been nothing but disaster or fuck up after another.

JeffHCross
02-06-2011, 08:32 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=6096112

What a joke.I'm not going to put this one on Jerry. He can't have been the only one involved in the decision to put up temporary seating. That's just a bad, bad idea to begin with.

As for the rest of the week ... it's not like Jerry controls a weather machine ...

SmoothPancakes
02-06-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm not going to put this one on Jerry. He can't have been the only one involved in the decision to put up temporary seating. That's just a bad, bad idea to begin with.

As for the rest of the week ... it's not like Jerry controls a weather machine ...

Well, yeah, more than just Jerry deserves blame. But he still deserves his fair share for the seating fiasco. That stuff should have been done and ready to go weeks ago. There is no excuse for temporary seating to NOT be completed and safe and ready to go by game time. Jerry, the NFL, the company/people who were actually setting up the seats, they all deserve blame. They can have a giant outdoor plaza ready to go so little Jerry can try for his attendance record, but they can't have temporary seats actually in the stadium done in time. Absolutely no reason or excuse.

And that refund of $2700 (three times face value) is a slap in the face to those people. It probably cost that much just in airfare and hotel reservations for the weekend, much less what the game tickets probably cost those people to obtain. It's also a joke to wait until practically right before the game to say "sorry, some of you aren't going to get to watch the game inside after all because we're incompetent." I would be supremely pissed if I was those people who basically got the middle finger. "Oh sorry, we couldn't get your seats ready in time, so we have no room for you inside even though you have a ticket, but you can go freeze your ass off outside in our special plaza for the game instead."

JeffHCross
02-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Well, yeah, more than just Jerry deserves blame. But he still deserves his fair share for the seating fiasco. That stuff should have been done and ready to go weeks ago. There is no excuse for temporary seating to NOT be completed and safe and ready to go by game time.We can go around in circles about this, but the real meat of the argument is what I bolded. Dumb to put them there to begin with.

steelerfan
02-07-2011, 12:23 AM
Actually, what I heard, was that temporary seat people were basically given SRO status and remained inside.

However, far beit from me to argue with anyone who says, "Fuck you, Jerry Jones". :nod:

steelerfan
02-07-2011, 12:44 AM
Congrats to the Packers, great season and great Super Bowl.

I can't help but wonder "what if" though. Pittsburgh had their chances, but it was the Steelers who made the crucial mistakes. :(

ram29jackson
02-07-2011, 02:15 AM
Jordy Nelson should have been MVP

steelerfan
02-07-2011, 05:27 AM

He had some big numbers, for sure. However, he had some big drops as well. Rodgers deserved it.

CLW
02-07-2011, 08:24 AM

Jordy Nelson was MVP for the Steelers. IF he (and the other Packers receivers) catch those balls (that hit them in the hands and/or chest) Rodgers finishes with 400+ yards and 5 TDs as Green Bay cruises.

The Steelers did themselves in with turnovers and some dumb penalties. Jordy Nelson and co. kept it close.

JBHuskers
02-07-2011, 11:00 AM

If he didn't have the drops and maybe one more TD, I would have agreed with it.

IIRC, Rodgers QB Rating was over 110 with 3 TD's.

JBHuskers
02-07-2011, 01:18 PM
I find it very funny that in Jerry Jones attempt to set a Super Bowl attendance record, he pisses off several hundred fans that had to be moved, AND he didn't set the attendance record. He barely missed it due to the displaced fans :D :D :D

skipwondah33
02-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Jordy Nelson was MVP for the Steelers. IF he (and the other Packers receivers) catch those balls (that hit them in the hands and/or chest) Rodgers finishes with 400+ yards and 5 TDs as Green Bay cruises.

The Steelers did themselves in with turnovers and some dumb penalties. Jordy Nelson and co. kept it close.

Very true and we still had a chance to take the lead/win the game two times. Can't afford giving the ball away that many times or commit that many costly penalties in the Super Bowl and think you can win.

steelerfan
02-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Very true and we still had a chance to take the lead/win the game two times. Can't afford giving the ball away that many times or commit that many costly penalties in the Super Bowl and think you can win.

Yep. Particularly when the opposition is turnover free.

JeffHCross
02-07-2011, 09:11 PM
What a joke. I hope the Super Bowl never goes back to Dallas, just as a giant "fuck you" you to Jerry Jones and his need to stroke himself and his ego. This whole week has been nothing but disaster or fuck up after another.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/super-bowl/local/20110207-nfl-knew-last-week-that-temporary-super-bowl-seats-might-be-unusable.ece

The National Football League knew of a potential Super Bowl XLV seating fiasco by the middle of last week, league executives said Monday.

But the NFL didn’t alert fans to complications with temporary seating at Cowboys Stadium, the executives said, because they felt they had “a very good shot” at getting the problems fixed and because they didn’t know who exactly might be affected.

“We made a judgment that it was the right course of action to bring the fans in, rather than to discourage them or create a sense that they wouldn’t have the information necessary,” said Eric Grubman, the NFL’s executive vice president of business ventures.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/08/sports/football/08rhoden-nfl.html

Goodell took pains to point out that the Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was not responsible for the fiasco.

“We put on this event,” Goodell said. “This is a responsibility of the N.F.L.”

Rudy
02-08-2011, 04:43 AM
111 million watched. People at home with DVRS paused or rewinded the event 145 times during the game lol. Gotta love the DVR!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/02/07/super-bowl-ratings.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

skipwondah33
02-09-2011, 11:51 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=6104356

Can't say I'm shocked. Although I did hear the NFL is making it so the ticket is good for ANY future Super Bowl and not limited to the game in Indy now.

steelerfan
02-20-2011, 01:03 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlA-_rooBaM&feature=email