PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this year's PISTOL

Pig Bomb
11-14-2011, 11:13 AM
What are your thoughts on this year's Pistol offense?
I always like to run unconventional offenses and might switch to pistol.
In the past there have been issues with handoffs, and running etc.... anyone using the Pistol? Thoughts?

Obviously I'll give it test drive but if anyone has the scoop you could save me time if I am going to be disappointed.

Thanks

PDuncanOSU
11-14-2011, 12:32 PM
I use sliders similar to steelerfans AA sliders and have had success running a spread offense out of the pistol and shotgun with Colorado State and Idaho. I haven't been able to get the read-option to work out of the pistol, but I do ok with pretty much everything else. Spreading the defense w/ 3 or 4 recievers, then running the HB Dive or HB Counter out of the pistol has worked very well. I rarely use any formation w/ more than 1 TE so I can't really speak about those, but I do have success with all but the read-option out of the 3 and 4 WR pistol formations.

Pig Bomb
11-14-2011, 03:04 PM
I use sliders similar to steelerfans AA sliders and have had success running a spread offense out of the pistol and shotgun with Colorado State and Idaho. I haven't been able to get the read-option to work out of the pistol, but I do ok with pretty much everything else. Spreading the defense w/ 3 or 4 recievers, then running the HB Dive or HB Counter out of the pistol has worked very well. I rarely use any formation w/ more than 1 TE so I can't really speak about those, but I do have success with all but the read-option out of the 3 and 4 WR pistol formations.

that sounds good...i can do without read option

Quest4Gold
11-15-2011, 01:30 PM
I run with my own playbook that consist of mostly pistol and shotgun formations from Tulsa's playbook. The run plays betweent he tackles are great, but they still need to get more plays to the outside. I usually have two thousand yard rushers and a 2500 yard passer every season. Two platooning the HB's is always nice to do in this type of formation.

baseballplyrmvp
11-15-2011, 08:09 PM
i think its ok. i've been using it mainly whenever i play with hawaii's playbook, and its alright. its much easier to set the blocking side for the rb. one thing i'd like fixed though, is that every shotgun passing play should also be available in the counterpart pistol formation (ie: shotgun spread= pistol spread, shotgun trips=pistol trips, etc)

jaymo76
11-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Not a huge fan of the PISTOL in this game but I LOVE the PISTOL offense in real life. My RB's just don't have enough speed in the run game and a lot of my runs end up being stupped in the backfield. However, I will say it's better than the 11 version.

keyser soze
11-17-2011, 08:09 AM
I have not run this since Patch #1 I believe. I use to run it almost exclusively when I got the game but then they nerfed the option and my QB runs into the D-line. Did they fix this in patch 3 or 4? Maybe I need to test it again...