PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for NCAA 13 - Removal of inactive ODs & more

gigemaggs99
11-13-2011, 03:31 PM
When NCAA 12 first came out I started an OD about 2 days after the game came out. I called it: "Old Timers" it was for us older guys, 30+.

We were doing great but then got hit pretty bad by the transfer failed issue. We restarted the OD 3 times but kept getting the transfer failed issue after some time of playing, usually after season 1.

So once I hear EA was working on resolving this issue we put the OD on hold. I shut down the OD and waited.

Well know it has been working pretty well for a while so we started the OD back up, it's been going strong (knock on wood) for about 1 month. We are about 1/2 through year 2.

I had to rename it "Old Guys" because when I tried to restart "Old Timers" the name was in use/taken.

When I search for the OD "Old Timers" it says it's in year 1 and there is user 1 of 12. It's been like that since August. I've written the commish of that league a PSN message asking if A) we could join his or B) if he could shut his down so we can use the OD name.

Morale of my story is, if an OD hasn't been advanced past preseason 1, and it's been sitting there on the EA server for 3+ months maybe they could remove it so we could use OD name.

Just an idea.

I guess I could have named it Old Timers 2, I didn't think of that until just now. Oh well next time.

oregonman
11-30-2011, 06:30 PM
They need to update more accurate rosters. It wouldn't hurt to update the uniforms either. When I first got on the game and I didn't see Oregons new jeseys I was pissed. Why couldn't they just upload the jerseys. And when I herd about De'Anthoney Thomas I was siked but he is still not in the game. Even though I have xbox live and did the whole roster update.

baseballplyrmvp
11-30-2011, 07:38 PM
They need to update more accurate rosters. It wouldn't hurt to update the uniforms either. When I first got on the game and I didn't see Oregons new jeseys I was pissed. Why couldn't they just upload the jerseys. And when I herd about De'Anthoney Thomas I was siked but he is still not in the game. Even though I have xbox live and did the whole roster update.do you not know you can download rosters from other gamers using the ea locker?

oregonman
12-01-2011, 04:24 PM
But their not that accurate.

oregonman
12-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Besides what about the ability to like put Jerseys in like Oregons in the game. What if there not origanally there but they add it in.

baseballplyrmvp
12-01-2011, 07:31 PM
But their not that accurate.then download from someone else.

Besides what about the ability to like put Jerseys in like Oregons in the game. What if there not origanally there but they add it in.i doubt ncaa will ever get to that point, where they keep someone on staff, dedicated just to make sure every team has up to date uniforms. madden can do it because of the budget they have, but since it's a bigger selling game (i think?), i dont think that ncaa will do that, since the ncaa devs always talk about how some feature doesnt make it into the game because they have such a limited amount of resources to deal with.

mtoo22
01-01-2012, 01:50 PM
then download from someone else.

i doubt ncaa will ever get to that point, where they keep someone on staff, dedicated just to make sure every team has up to date uniforms. madden can do it because of the budget they have, but since it's a bigger selling game (i think?), i dont think that ncaa will do that, since the ncaa devs always talk about how some feature doesnt make it into the game because they have such a limited amount of resources to deal with.

Plus the Madden team only has the NFL to worry about.

Hail West Virginia

Jayrah
01-08-2012, 10:29 AM
They need to update more accurate rosters. It wouldn't hurt to update the uniforms either. When I first got on the game and I didn't see Oregons new jeseys I was pissed. Why couldn't they just upload the jerseys. And when I herd about De'Anthoney Thomas I was siked but he is still not in the game. Even though I have xbox live and did the whole roster update.

Remember the team can't do this because they cannot use player likeness. They can only do semi-accurate rosters to depict the team and unfortunately we're lucky just to even get that. There are some very accurate rosters out there just ask around a roster thread.

Far as the jerseys go, Ea can only use them if they get permission from the school. With every uni update this is just much too tedious and time consuming. Oregon themselves put out 2 or 3 this year.

illwill10
01-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Remember the team can't do this because they cannot use player likeness. They can only do semi-accurate rosters to depict the team and unfortunately we're lucky just to even get that. There are some very accurate rosters out there just ask around a roster thread.

Far as the jerseys go, Ea can only use them if they get permission from the school. With every uni update this is just much too tedious and time consuming. Oregon themselves put out 2 or 3 this year.
I would just like to see them do what NCAA Basketball did and improve Standings throughout the year. So if I play later in the year, I want to Real-life reflected in the game

Jayrah
01-12-2012, 02:42 PM
I would just like to see them do what NCAA Basketball did and improve Standings throughout the year. So if I play later in the year, I want to Real-life reflected in the game

Like a continual live update to reflect how good/bad a team is compared to the original rating?