PDA

View Full Version : Pro Wrestling Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

CLW
01-28-2013, 12:54 PM
Interesting interview from Punk. I obviously don't know the guy well but he's tough to get a read on b/c he appears to be constantly "blurring" his "persona" with himself.

http://youtu.be/pJrCikfhdhc

JBHuskers
01-28-2013, 12:57 PM
I met that dude at the EA SPORTS MMA community day. He was working for some MMA website at the time.

EDIT: Oh I thought he worked for FOX now. Guess he's still on some MMA website.

JBHuskers
01-28-2013, 01:12 PM
Interesting interview from Punk. I obviously don't know the guy well but he's tough to get a read on b/c he appears to be constantly "blurring" his "persona" with himself.

http://youtu.be/pJrCikfhdhc

Cool interview. Thanks for posting!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JBHuskers
01-28-2013, 01:19 PM
I was listening to the interview in the background, I turned it back and just noticed Punk's t-shirt. The Amazon from the 8-bit Pro Wrestling game :D :D :D

http://cdn.wikimg.net/strategywiki/images/b/b5/Pro_Wrestling_The_Amazon.png

CLW
01-28-2013, 02:11 PM
I was listening to the interview in the background, I turned it back and just noticed Punk's t-shirt. The Amazon from the 8-bit Pro Wrestling game :D :D :D

http://cdn.wikimg.net/strategywiki/images/b/b5/Pro_Wrestling_The_Amazon.png

Yeah I saw that and immediately cracked up. I played that game a TON and was always either The Amazon or Starman. :nod:

JBHuskers
01-28-2013, 02:17 PM
Yeah I saw that and immediately cracked up. I played that game a TON and was always either The Amazon or Starman. :nod:

That game was the shit. I want that shirt.

JBHuskers
01-28-2013, 02:17 PM
Rumor has it an Attitude-era favorite will be the next inductee to the HoF. I haven't heard who it is yet, but it'll be shown tonight I'm guessing.

Okay, my buddy and kickass wrestling writer John Canton - www.tjrwrestling.com has told me.

Trish Stratus

CLW
01-28-2013, 03:02 PM
That game was the shit. I want that shirt.

$18

http://www.tshirtsiwant.com/product_info.php?products_id=1678

They also have 2 others

http://www.tshirtsiwant.com/advanced_search_result.php?osCsid=8e16d71beda33ef8 26aeb194e85e6ffe&keywords=PRO+WRESTLING+NINTENDO+NES+T+SHIRT&x=36&y=12

CLW
01-28-2013, 06:29 PM
http://youtu.be/jQagBFgwaE8

CLW
01-28-2013, 07:02 PM
God its a "wheel of fortune" show? Who the hell enjoys this alleged "random" match selection?

CLW
01-28-2013, 07:03 PM
LMAO punk does a good "fuming" mad.

SmoothPancakes
01-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Do they always take a bunch of commercial breaks during the middle of matches? After all the hubbub lately, I just flipped it on for the first time since like 2003 or 2004. They've now taken two commercial breaks in the middle of this Orton/whoever match. They used to take the breaks between matches, when did this mid-match crap start?

CLW
01-28-2013, 07:24 PM
Do they always take a bunch of commercial breaks during the middle of matches? After all the hubbub lately, I just flipped it on for the first time since like 2003 or 2004. They've now taken two commercial breaks in the middle of this Orton/whoever match. They used to take the breaks between matches, when did this mid-match crap start?

Not sure I do recall "some" breaks during a "dead period" of the match but the timing early has been a little off imho for the breaks.

CLW
01-28-2013, 07:26 PM
LMAO is it "wrong" that I agree 100% with all of this "heel"'s beliefs about The Miz and Americans in general?

CLW
01-28-2013, 07:28 PM
so... Miz and Cesaro have a PPV bout coming up for the US Title.

CLW
01-28-2013, 07:39 PM
god i really don't like ryback. it reminds me too much of ultimate warrior/goldberg

SmoothPancakes
01-28-2013, 07:50 PM
Not sure I do recall "some" breaks during a "dead period" of the match but the timing early has been a little off imho for the breaks.

Yeah, they just seemed so stupidly timed. I don't remember any of that from back in the day.

CLW
01-28-2013, 08:00 PM
lmao Cena still cant get over as a face its like the girls and kiddies love him and the men HATE him

CLW
01-28-2013, 08:02 PM
lmao i have NEVER seen a wrestler admit another wrestler OWNS him especially the #1 face of the company

CLW
01-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Yeah, they just seemed so stupidly timed. I don't remember any of that from back in the day.

lol apparently they think the commercial timing doesn't matter b/c of their app

CLW
01-28-2013, 08:15 PM
lmao lingerie pillow fight crowd goes nuts and then they see the competitors.

CLW
01-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Faarooq citing FTW!

JeffHCross
01-28-2013, 09:02 PM
LMAO that reminds me of the reactions that I saw when people went to the Rock HHH iron man match at Judgment Day ppv in Louisville. Undertaker returns at the very end to take out HHH but HBK (special guest referee) gives a DQ and thus HHH becomes the new champion. People were throwing shit all over the place and cussing/screaming as they were leaving the arena and it was the LOUDEST crowd I have EVER heard anywhere.When I watched the nWo Blu-Ray, I was reminded how hot the Nitro crowds got at the beginning of the nWo era. It was amazing looking back at the trash and everything that people threw.

And Cody Rhodes talking about how much he hated his father after Dusty joined the nWo :D

Yeah, they just seemed so stupidly timed. I don't remember any of that from back in the day.They used to take commercial breaks during the matches back in the day, but it has grown in frequency over the years.

SmoothPancakes
01-28-2013, 09:08 PM
When I watched the nWo Blu-Ray, I was reminded how hot the Nitro crowds got at the beginning of the nWo era. It was amazing looking back at the trash and everything that people threw.

And Cody Rhodes talking about how much he hated his father after Dusty joined the nWo :D

They used to take commercial breaks during the matches back in the day, but it has grown in frequency over the years.

It must have been really infrequent back then, because I couldn't remember them doing that. Granted it has been at least a good 8 years since I last watched. :D

CLW
01-28-2013, 09:09 PM
well it looks like a 1 v 1 at elimination chamber between punk and rock perhaps the world heavy weight title will be on the line in the chamber

CLW
01-28-2013, 09:12 PM
you know i just took a look at the ENTIRE wwe roster and perhaps its because i don't know some of the undercard guys but the roster looks WEAK compared to The Attitude Era. I suppose that is why WWE is "forced" to allow all these "old" part timers to come back to big roles.

SmoothPancakes
01-28-2013, 09:26 PM
you know i just took a look at the ENTIRE wwe roster and perhaps its because i don't know some of the undercard guys but the roster looks WEAK compared to The Attitude Era. I suppose that is why WWE is "forced" to allow all these "old" part timers to come back to big roles.

Yep. My first time watching in probably 8 years, I have no clue who half these people are. Ryback, Cena, Punk, Sheamus, etc, I know, if anything, because of playing WWE '11, but some of these guys who have been out there tonight, not a damn clue.

JeffHCross
01-28-2013, 09:27 PM
you know i just took a look at the ENTIRE wwe roster and perhaps its because i don't know some of the undercard guys but the roster looks WEAK compared to The Attitude Era. I suppose that is why WWE is "forced" to allow all these "old" part timers to come back to big roles.Well, not knowing the undercard guys is a big factor there. But the WWE is also struggling to build some of the new guys to the Attitude-era levels. Especially because of injuries to major guys.

The Attitude Era roster, at any given point in time, wasn't all that strong. It just is nostalgically remembered as being strong because eventually those mid-card guys evolved into main eventers.

Kind of like the concept of AJ Styles being an opening match jobber in WCW. :smh:

CLW
01-28-2013, 09:36 PM
lmao maybe this is the attitude era. Rock Y2J cutting promos. Waiting for the glass to shatter and DX's music to hit at some point.

SmoothPancakes
01-28-2013, 09:42 PM
Smh. They really have got to find a better way. They just literally started the damn match and they cut right to a commercial not even 30 seconds into it. :smh:

CLW
01-28-2013, 09:51 PM
Smh. They really have got to find a better way. They just literally started the damn match and they cut right to a commercial not even 30 seconds into it. :smh:

lol get the app and watch all the "action" you are missing.

imho the 3 hour show is a bad idea as well.

CLW
01-28-2013, 09:57 PM
these shield guys are getting allot of attention. they look big but have they ever had a real match or do they just interfere in matches right now?

baseballplyrmvp
01-28-2013, 10:03 PM
these shield guys are getting allot of attention. they look big but have they ever had a real match or do they just interfere in matches right now?

its the same gig that the nexus guys had a couple of years ago, interferring with all of the big matches.

baseballplyrmvp
01-28-2013, 10:08 PM
has heyman ever not been in some kind of controversy when his main client is/was champion?

JBHuskers
01-28-2013, 10:10 PM
Totally thought Brock was going to go face there and toss Heyman out :D great end.

CLW
01-28-2013, 10:12 PM
Lesnar looked out of shape to me but perhaps I am mis-remembering his physique b/c I'm NOT an MMA guy and its probably been 10+ years since I had seen him.

JBHuskers
01-28-2013, 10:17 PM
God its a "wheel of fortune" show? Who the hell enjoys this alleged "random" match selection?

I completely HATE Raw Roulette nights. F'n stupid to have one the night after the Rumble. The night after a PPV is almost always epic, to have a gimmicky show where the wheel spins are taped just like Sajak hits the break on Wheel of Fortune. Dumb.

LMAO punk does a good "fuming" mad.

Yeah. IIRC, I don't remember him ever act like this, it was awesome.

so... Miz and Cesaro have a PPV bout coming up for the US Title.

They fought last night for the U.S. Title, but I'm guessing the feud continues. They have a pre-show on YouTube 30 mins before the PPV and there is always one match.

god i really don't like ryback. it reminds me too much of ultimate warrior/goldberg

Though it's very similar to Goldberg, I've dug it since day one.

lmao Cena still cant get over as a face its like the girls and kiddies love him and the men HATE him

Because it's the same thing all the time. I want a heel Cena so bad.

lmao lingerie pillow fight crowd goes nuts and then they see the competitors.

That was more hilarious than I thought it would be.

Faarooq citing FTW!

DAMN!

well it looks like a 1 v 1 at elimination chamber between punk and rock perhaps the world heavy weight title will be on the line in the chamber

Yep. So maybe only one Elimination Chamber match? For either the World Title or #1 contender. I'm not overly against only have one Chamber match instead of two. Makes the match more special.

I LOVE The Shield. Especially Rollins, and a guy who I've been waiting to get called up for a LONG LONG time in Dean Ambrose. Look up Dean Ambrose or Johnny Moxley promos. He can cut them like the best and old skool. He reminds me of Piper and is GREAT in the ring.

JBHuskers
01-28-2013, 10:18 PM
Lesnar looked out of shape to me but perhaps I am mis-remembering his physique b/c I'm NOT an MMA guy and its probably been 10+ years since I had seen him.

Was in the same shape when he came back the night after Wrestlemania. Not 100% perfect, but still in shape. He and Cena had a GREAT match in the PPV after WM 28.

CLW
01-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Was in the same shape when he came back the night after Wrestlemania. Not 100% perfect, but still in shape. He and Cena had a GREAT match in the PPV after WM 28.

yeah he didn't look awful just not as cut as i remembered him during his "next big thing" push circa god probably 01-02? the ONLY prob i have with lesnar is from what i read he is locked into a 2 year deal now but is "only" going to work a limited schedule i.e. roughly 2x a month. not exactly the kind of work load you would want to put much marketing/energy behind imho

baseballplyrmvp
01-28-2013, 11:25 PM
mmmm....i like the funkadactyls. :hump:

baseballplyrmvp
01-29-2013, 12:02 AM
the rock is gold on the mic :D

NatureBoy
01-29-2013, 11:09 AM
http://i.imgur.com/OnMlz7r.png

:D

JBHuskers
01-29-2013, 11:27 AM
:D :D :D

JBHuskers
01-29-2013, 04:28 PM
From Wrestling Observer.

-----
Raw, for the day after Rumble show, did its biggest ratings since 7/23 averaging about 5.02 million viewers. It was the highest rated show on cable.

... The three hours were:

8 p.m. 4.86 million

9 p.m. 5.27 million

10 p.m. 4.93 million

The rating could fall between a 3.3 and 3.6 depending on viewers per home, but a 3.5 is the most likely number.

EDIT: Rating came in at 3.68

JBHuskers
01-29-2013, 04:30 PM
Now for those comparing to the Attitude Era's 7 ratings, two things. One, nothing will compare to the Attitude Era, but that's always been brought up. The second is there are just simply more options now a days. So definitely a 3.63 is something to cheer about for the WWE.

CLW
01-29-2013, 04:42 PM
Now for those comparing to the Attitude Era's 7 ratings, two things. One, nothing will compare to the Attitude Era, but that's always been brought up. The second is there are just simply more options now a days. So definitely a 3.63 is something to cheer about for the WWE.

I agree there are more options and more people probably watching via streams etc.... However, I HARDLY think that can account for nearly twice the ratings of the Attitude Era. You have to give credit where it was due. The Attitude Era was the perfect storm of GREAT talent; GREAT writing AND a public that just ate 1 and 2 up.

I'm also not sure if this is provable (people can do amazing thing with math) but IMHO the lack of any "real" competition has also caused people to lose interest and decrease the quality of entertainment.

NatureBoy
01-29-2013, 09:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejcvdleVVQE&feature=player_embedded

Hulk Hogan is catching some heat for tweeting a picture of his daughter's sexy legs in a short skirt.

SCClassof93
01-29-2013, 09:21 PM
I agree there are more options and more people probably watching via streams etc.... However, I HARDLY think that can account for nearly twice the ratings of the Attitude Era. You have to give credit where it was due. The Attitude Era was the perfect storm of GREAT talent; GREAT writing AND a public that just ate 1 and 2 up.

I'm also not sure if this is provable (people can do amazing thing with math) but IMHO the lack of any "real" competition has also caused people to lose interest and decrease the quality of entertainment.

Yeah, but could they sell vitamins? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw9uEwJkfOU

JeffHCross
01-29-2013, 09:30 PM
I agree there are more options and more people probably watching via streams etc.... However, I HARDLY think that can account for nearly twice the ratings of the Attitude Era. You have to give credit where it was due. The Attitude Era was the perfect storm of GREAT talent; GREAT writing AND a public that just ate 1 and 2 up.:+1: Absolutely true.

I'm also not sure if this is provable (people can do amazing thing with math) but IMHO the lack of any "real" competition has also caused people to lose interest and decrease the quality of entertainment.While the lack of competition is a contributing factor, the descent was already there when WCW was still alive (well, at least a live corpse). When the two were neck and neck in ratings, the combined peak was roughly 9.0 (though it's always been difficult for me to imagine that those ratings may not have been inflated by people switching back and forth). When Raw hit its absolute peak, roughly 8.0, Nitro was around a 3.5. So roughly 11.5 combined. That was June of '99. Both shows were on a downward trend after that. When WCW was sold, the combined ratings were around an 8.0. IMO, the trend for Raw just continued, even after WCW was sold. The "Invasion" was a disaster. The Attitude Era stars either washed up or retired. And all the buzz just ... disappeared.

When the Monday Night Wars started, they were between a 4 and 5, combined. I think we've just returned to the core wrestling fanbase and everybody else has left.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c6/Monday_night_wars_ratings.gif/800px-Monday_night_wars_ratings.gif

JBHuskers
01-29-2013, 10:02 PM
Hulk Hogan is catching some heat for tweeting a picture of his daughter's sexy legs in a short skirt.

You know he's hitting that.

JBHuskers
01-29-2013, 10:03 PM
Yeah, but could they sell vitamins? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw9uEwJkfOU

So that's how you get to Space Mountain.

JeffHCross
01-29-2013, 10:13 PM
You know he's hitting that......................................

:sick:

NatureBoy
01-29-2013, 10:17 PM
You know he's hitting that. There's no doubt in my mind he's been hitting that for years now. Remember these pics? What Dad in their right mind would put tanning lotion on his own daughter like that?

http://www.dlisted.com/files/hulkbrookeass1.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/6icfo9.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/fdfs6e.jpg

CLW
02-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Super Bowl commercial from the Attitude Era:

http://youtu.be/zKWlEOqfIU4

CLW
02-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Punk and Y2J just had a pretty impressive match.

JBHuskers
02-05-2013, 04:14 PM

Very.

JBHuskers
02-05-2013, 04:14 PM

Very.

JBHuskers
02-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Y2J / Daniel Bryan is pure gold.

CLW
02-11-2013, 10:04 PM
:D The Rock's "crack head" story is good stuff.

CLW
02-11-2013, 10:11 PM
lmao and Punk just stole the belt.

JBHuskers
02-14-2013, 09:58 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/ladyparts_zps07030c39.jpg

CLW
02-17-2013, 02:15 PM
Do I dare attempt fate again and try to watch the ppv on the net tonight?

baseballplyrmvp
02-17-2013, 02:18 PM
i forgot all about it last time and that was a site i'd never been to before. usually the sites i watch on are pretty good clw

CLW
02-17-2013, 02:29 PM
i forgot all about it last time and that was a site i'd never been to before. usually the sites i watch on are pretty good clw

no worries. if you find a good site tonight let me know.

NatureBoy
02-17-2013, 02:52 PM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/022012/1336065970_john_cena_fake_wrestling.gif

baseballplyrmvp
02-17-2013, 03:12 PM
must have just grazed the hair on that one. :nod:

baseballplyrmvp
02-17-2013, 07:37 PM
found a stream if anyone wants it. ad free and damn good quality. pm for it.

baseballplyrmvp
02-17-2013, 08:57 PM
shield wins over ryback, cena and sheamus? wow. didnt expect that.

baseballplyrmvp
02-17-2013, 09:21 PM
rock/punk on next. last chance for a stream link

JBHuskers
02-17-2013, 09:46 PM
Decent PPV. Decent matches. Nothing overly great though.

JBHuskers
02-17-2013, 09:51 PM
This ending to Punk / Rock is pretty good though.

baseballplyrmvp
02-17-2013, 09:59 PM
Decent PPV. Decent matches. Nothing overly great though.

ya....same here. nothing exciting by any means, but not a terrible show either. shield vs cena/ryback/sheamus was probably the best imo.

was surprised to see swagger win the chamber match

JBHuskers
02-17-2013, 10:17 PM
ya....same here. nothing exciting by any means, but not a terrible show either. shield vs cena/ryback/sheamus was probably the best imo.

was surprised to see swagger win the chamber match

Yeah. Figured Henry would win it.

baseballplyrmvp
02-17-2013, 10:24 PM
Yeah. Figured Henry would win it.

or orton

CLW
02-18-2013, 08:11 AM
missed it last night didn't realize the wife planned for company to come over. :smh:

JBHuskers
02-18-2013, 09:57 AM
Nothing earth shattering, but almost the entire card was full of great matches.

CLW
02-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Nothing earth shattering, but almost the entire card was full of great matches.

Yeah I was most interested in the chamber and punk matches. Knew punk would lose but wanted to see how/why. Interesting that swagger won the chamber match. I was impressed with him many years ago it looks like he is getting a nice little push now.

JBHuskers
02-18-2013, 10:52 AM
Yeah I was most interested in the chamber and punk matches. Knew punk would lose but wanted to see how/why. Interesting that swagger won the chamber match. I was impressed with him many years ago it looks like he is getting a nice little push now.

Very glad Swagger is getting this push. Having Zeb Coulter (Dutch Mantel) as his manager is a great thing too. Really liking this kinda heel character, it's something new and fresh. Of course they're anti-immigration, and they'll be feuding with Del Rio. I think this will be a great feud.

The Chamber match itself was amazing. All six guys had their working shoes on. Jericho was in there for almost 30 minutes. I was so STOKED when it was Bryan / Jericho to start the match.

The end of the six-man tag of The Shield vs. Ryback/Cena/Sheamus was awesome too. It was well executed. The WWE is doing with The Shield what they should have done with Nexus in terms of making them effective.

CLW
02-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Very glad Swagger is getting this push. Having Zeb Coulter (Dutch Mantel) as his manager is a great thing too. Really liking this kinda heel character, it's something new and fresh. Of course they're anti-immigration, and they'll be feuding with Del Rio. I think this will be a great feud.

The Chamber match itself was amazing. All six guys had their working shoes on. Jericho was in there for almost 30 minutes. I was so STOKED when it was Bryan / Jericho to start the match.

The end of the six-man tag of The Shield vs. Ryback/Cena/Sheamus was awesome too. It was well executed. The WWE is doing with The Shield what they should have done with Nexus in terms of making them effective.

Wait Swagger is a Republican going to WM? Shizzle I just might have to order now. :nod:

JBHuskers
02-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Wait Swagger is a Republican going to WM? Shizzle I just might have to order now. :nod:

:D :fp:

JBHuskers
02-19-2013, 12:04 AM
Haven't watched Raw yet, but this is the new WWE title....my thoughts echo a lot of others, not great, but at least it's not that fucking spinner belt any more.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/NewWWETitle_zpsbb8d3ef1.jpg

baseballplyrmvp
02-19-2013, 12:13 AM
Haven't watched Raw yet, but this is the new WWE title....my thoughts echo a lot of others, not great, but at least it's not that fucking spinner belt any more.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/NewWWETitle_zpsbb8d3ef1.jpg

spinner belt was retired a long time ago. iirc, after cena lost a title, they modified its ability to spin, and just made it permanent. same design but no spinning ability.

JBHuskers
02-19-2013, 12:19 AM
spinner belt was retired a long time ago. iirc, after cena lost a title, they modified its ability to spin, and just made it permanent. same design but no spinning ability.

Same design, people still called it the spinner belt.

baseballplyrmvp
02-19-2013, 09:20 AM
Same design, people still called it the spinner belt.

ya, that was the first time in a long time that i remember it actually spinning though.

JBHuskers
02-19-2013, 07:15 PM
Watching Raw...Dean Ambrose and Chris Jericho in the ring. Mark. Out. Moment.

JBHuskers
02-20-2013, 03:10 PM
Jack Swagger arrested for "crazy driving"... (http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/20/wwe-star-jack-swagger-arrested-wwe-tv-taping-traffic-violations/)

CLW
02-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Jack Swagger arrested for "crazy driving"... (http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/20/wwe-star-jack-swagger-arrested-wwe-tv-taping-traffic-violations/)

NOT very republican-like :smh:

JBHuskers
02-20-2013, 04:17 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/swagger_zps17cc94d0.jpg

JBHuskers
02-20-2013, 08:02 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/Venis_zpsd851f863.jpg

JBHuskers
02-20-2013, 08:04 PM

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/Swagger_zps213f2225.jpg

CLW
02-26-2013, 08:33 AM
and just when I thought Cena couldn't work a match that I would enjoy Punk has to go and prove me wrong.

baseballplyrmvp
02-26-2013, 09:43 AM
and just when I thought Cena couldn't work a match that I would enjoy Punk has to go and prove me wrong.

that was a great match. cena had a few too many i'll pull this out of my ass superhuman moments, but otherwise, the amount of near-falls made for a great match.

JeffHCross
03-02-2013, 11:52 PM
and just when I thought Cena couldn't work a match that I would enjoy Punk has to go and prove me wrong.Punk can, and will, make anyone look good. Or he just forces them to rise to his level. Not sure which.

His matches with AJ Styles in Ring of Honor are still some of my favorite matches ever.

JBHuskers
03-03-2013, 12:52 AM
Punk / Cena was probably match of the year so far.

JBHuskers
03-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Just because you're seeing Jack Swagger on TV the past week after his DUI arrest doesn't mean he's still going to be heading to Wrestlemania. Word is creative is working on a plan to write him off, and put Ziggler in his place (which would be a GREAT match).

bjrod9
03-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Love the Nature BOY!

JBHuskers
03-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Love the Nature BOY!

Hoping he turns on The Miz and joins Ziggler.

bjrod9
03-04-2013, 07:49 PM
lol no way! He is gonna take zigglers chick.

baseballplyrmvp
03-05-2013, 12:08 AM
HHH vs Brock lesner at Wrestlemania!!!

Punk vs The Undertaker!!! :o

baseballplyrmvp
03-05-2013, 12:17 AM
the shield talking about UnderTaker's undefeated streak makes me mad. i can see it now that Taker will lose his streak after long fight with punk, when the lights suddenly go out, the shield attacks Taker, and then punk easily covers for the win when the lights come back on. :smh:

CLW
03-05-2013, 08:53 AM
the shield talking about UnderTaker's undefeated streak makes me mad. i can see it now that Taker will lose his streak after long fight with punk, when the lights suddenly go out, the shield attacks Taker, and then punk easily covers for the win when the lights come back on. :smh:

or all that happens and when the lights come back on the shield are all lying down for the count and then taker defeats punk to continue the most ridiculous thing in wrestling undertaker wins @ WM.

baseballplyrmvp
03-05-2013, 09:27 AM
ya i thought of that after i shut down my computer. Taker is the most respected wrestler in the business, so what he wants, he'll get from vince and triple h. and i dont think he'd just throw the streak away on a match like that. however, punk winning could further his whole "best in the world" gig, so idk.

JBHuskers
03-05-2013, 10:52 PM
RIP Paul Bearer. One of the greatest managers in pro wrestling history.

NatureBoy
03-05-2013, 11:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VOONbsOVUhg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qeNBnC8nO1A

:( I agree, I have always been a fan of his work. These two videos remind me of the first few times I remember seeing Ric Flair on WWF/E TV. RIP Paul Bearer.

CLW
03-06-2013, 05:54 PM
love me some Paul Bearer R.I.P.

JeffHCross
03-10-2013, 09:23 PM
the shield talking about UnderTaker's undefeated streak makes me mad. i can see it now that Taker will lose his streak after long fight with punk, when the lights suddenly go out, the shield attacks Taker, and then punk easily covers for the win when the lights come back on. :smh:The only way this happens is if Taker wants it to happen that way. I'm convinced, at this point, that Taker's streak will never end. And he'll pass the Taker name onto someone else, and they'll continue the streak after Calaway retires.

JBHuskers
03-11-2013, 10:01 AM
From the late 80's. Undertaker with Dutch Mantel (Zeb Colter)

http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af24/thejohnreport/undertakercolter_zpsd5e5c35f.jpg

JBHuskers
03-11-2013, 10:17 PM
WWE's tribute to Paul Bearer tonight was phenomenal. Perfect. RIP

JBHuskers
03-11-2013, 10:18 PM
WWE's tribute to Paul Bearer was perfect. Punk interrupting it was HEEL PERFECT.

JBHuskers
03-11-2013, 11:23 PM
Ryback / Mark Henry. I'm stoked.

baseballplyrmvp
03-12-2013, 12:07 AM
Ryback / Mark Henry. I'm stoked.

with the title of wwe's strongest man on the line! :D

JBHuskers
03-14-2013, 09:24 AM
Damn this looks like a good set.

WWEDVDNews.com has revealed the complete content listing for WWE’s “Top 25 Rivalries In History” DVD and Blu-ray.

Disc 1 contains the Top 25 Countdown of the greatest rivalries in pro wrestling history. Discs 2 and 3 contain matches from those rivalries.

The list below of Disc 1 contains SPOILERS - so if you don't want to be spoiled, move along.
Disc 1

Chemistry

#25 – Triple H vs. Mick Foley

#24 – Tazz vs. Sabu

#23 – Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero

#22 – Bruiser Brody vs. Abdullah the Butcher

#21 – Hulk Hogan vs. Roddy Piper

Radioactive

#20 – CM Punk vs. John Cena

#19 – Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar

#18 – Randy Orton vs. Triple H

#17 – Verne Gagne vs. Nick Bockwinkel

#16 – Mankind vs. The Undertaker

Underground Laboratory

#15 – Tommy Dreamer vs. Raven

#14 – Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker

#13 – Triple H vs. The Rock

#12 – John Cena vs. Edge

#11 – Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Savage

Combustible

#10 – Tully Blanchard vs. Magnum T.A.

#9 – The Undertaker vs. Kane

#8 – Edge & Christian vs. Hardy Boyz vs. Dudley Boyz

#7 – Dusty Rhodes vs. Ric Flair

#6 – Von Erichs vs. The Fabulous Freebirds

Quintessential Elements

#5 – Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock

#4 – Andre the Giant vs. Hulk Hogan

#3 – Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat

#2 – Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart

Nucleus

#1 – Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Mr. McMahon

Disc 2

WWE Championship Match
Hulk Hogan vs. “Rowdy” Roddy Piper
The War to Settle the Score • February 18, 1985

“I Quit” Steel Cage Match for the NWA United States Championship
Tully Blanchard vs. Magnum T.A.
Starrcade • November 28, 1985

Bruiser Brody vs. Abdullah the Butcher
World Class Championship Wrestling • July, 1987

Badstreet Rules Match
Kevin & Kerry Von Erich vs. Terry Gordy & Buddy Roberts
World Class Championship Wrestling • February, 1988

Hulk Hogan & “Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase & Andre the Giant
SummerSlam • August 29, 1988

The Undertaker vs. Mankind
King of the Ring • June 23, 1996

Disc 3

Grudge Match
Tazz vs. Sabu
ECW Barely Legal • April 13, 1997

The Final Battle
Tommy Dreamer vs. Raven
ECW WrestlePalooza • June 6, 1997

“Winner Take All” Handicap Ladder Match
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Mr. McMahon & Shane McMahon
King of the Ring • June 27, 1999

WWE Championship Match
Triple H vs. The Rock
Backlash • April 30, 2000

WWE Championship Match
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock
Rebellion • November 3, 2001

WWE Championship Match
Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar
SummerSlam • August 24, 2003

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship
John Cena vs. Edge
Raw • October 2, 2006

Blu-ray Exclusives

Shawn Michaels’ Tribute to The Undertaker
SmackDown • March 27, 2009

Six-Man Tag Team Match for the WWE Championship
Triple H, Batista & Shane McMahon vs. Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase
Backlash • April 26, 2009

WWE Championship Match
CM Punk vs. John Cena
Night of Champions • September 16, 2012

JBHuskers
03-18-2013, 12:38 PM
Big Show back when he was at Wichita State...

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/bigshowwsu_zps06716f01.jpg

NatureBoy
03-18-2013, 04:00 PM
Damn this looks like a good set.

WWEDVDNews.com has revealed the complete content listing for WWE’s “Top 25 Rivalries In History” DVD and Blu-ray.

Disc 1 contains the Top 25 Countdown of the greatest rivalries in pro wrestling history. Discs 2 and 3 contain matches from those rivalries.

The list below of Disc 1 contains SPOILERS - so if you don't want to be spoiled, move along.
Disc 1

Chemistry

#25 – Triple H vs. Mick Foley

#24 – Tazz vs. Sabu

#23 – Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero

#22 – Bruiser Brody vs. Abdullah the Butcher

#21 – Hulk Hogan vs. Roddy Piper

Radioactive

#20 – CM Punk vs. John Cena

#19 – Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar

#18 – Randy Orton vs. Triple H

#17 – Verne Gagne vs. Nick Bockwinkel

#16 – Mankind vs. The Undertaker

Underground Laboratory

#15 – Tommy Dreamer vs. Raven

#14 – Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker

#13 – Triple H vs. The Rock

#12 – John Cena vs. Edge

#11 – Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Savage

Combustible

#10 – Tully Blanchard vs. Magnum T.A.

#9 – The Undertaker vs. Kane

#8 – Edge & Christian vs. Hardy Boyz vs. Dudley Boyz

#7 – Dusty Rhodes vs. Ric Flair

#6 – Von Erichs vs. The Fabulous Freebirds

Quintessential Elements

#5 – Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock

#4 – Andre the Giant vs. Hulk Hogan

#3 – Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat

#2 – Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart

Nucleus

#1 – Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Mr. McMahon

Disc 2

WWE Championship Match
Hulk Hogan vs. “Rowdy” Roddy Piper
The War to Settle the Score • February 18, 1985

Badstreet Rules Match

Hulk Hogan & “Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase & Andre the Giant
SummerSlam • August 29, 1988

The Undertaker vs. Mankind
King of the Ring • June 23, 1996

Disc 3

Grudge Match
Tazz vs. Sabu

The Final Battle
Tommy Dreamer vs. Raven

“Winner Take All” Handicap Ladder Match
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Mr. McMahon & Shane McMahon
King of the Ring • June 27, 1999

WWE Championship Match
Triple H vs. The Rock
Backlash • April 30, 2000

WWE Championship Match
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock
Rebellion • November 3, 2001

WWE Championship Match
Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar
SummerSlam • August 24, 2003

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship
John Cena vs. Edge
Raw • October 2, 2006

Blu-ray Exclusives

Shawn Michaels’ Tribute to The Undertaker
SmackDown • March 27, 2009

Six-Man Tag Team Match for the WWE Championship
Triple H, Batista & Shane McMahon vs. Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase
Backlash • April 26, 2009

WWE Championship Match
CM Punk vs. John Cena
Night of Champions • September 16, 2012

:drool: I would love to own this set. I like the fact it has old school matches from other federations other than WWE. Here are a few that really stood out for me.

Badstreet Rules Match

The Final Battle
Tommy Dreamer vs. Raven

Grudge Match
Tazz vs. Sabu

JBHuskers
03-18-2013, 04:29 PM
Yeah I'm going to get it ... first going to wait to see how much they put on Netflix. With Taker's streak, they put the whole DVD on there. Most of the time, they just put the documentary on.

NatureBoy
03-19-2013, 07:02 AM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s480x480/486451_362867157160640_81306453_n.jpg

UNAUTHORIZED ECW DOCUMENTARY BARBED WIRE CITY TO HOST PREMIERE SCREENING AT ECW ARENA 4/20!!! BWC Films is proud to announce the internationally famous ECW Arena as the venue for the world premiere of their documentary film, Barbed Wire City, on Saturday night, April 20th in Philadelphia, PA. "This is the moment I've been waiting for since last summer," John Philapavage, one of the filmmakers behind Barbed Wire City, said. "It took a little longer than I thought, but it feels right for this to be the venue for our premiere screening."

The Arena, which has undergone several renovations and name changes over the last decade-plus, was home to the original Extreme Championship Wrestling from May 1993 until the company's final Philadelphia show in December 2000. Sitting on the corner of Swanson and Ritner Streets in South Philadelphia, the building has been closed since January of 2012. For one night only-April 20th, 2013-the venue (Asylum Arena aka ECW Arena) will open its doors to fans once again for this special screening.

"I didn't grow up a wrestling fan," Kevin Kiernan, the other filmmaker behind Barbed Wire City, commented, "but John (Philapavage) took me to a show at the (ECW) Arena the last year the company was in business. It was actually within the first month of filming, thirteen years ago. So finishing everything up there just feels right. That building is the emotional center of that movement-the company we chronicle in this film-so showing it there just made so much sense."

Tickets for the premiere, as well as video clips, DVD pre-order, news, and other merchandise are available at the fully-launched official film website, barbedwirecity .com

"I can remember fantasizing about a premiere there when I was twenty," Philapavage laughs. "I'm thirty-two now. It took some time, but it finally fell together. I can't think of a better place to be in the world on April 20th.

Barbed Wire City is an unauthorized documentary film studying the subculture and story of defunct pro wrestling promotion Extreme Championship Wrestling. The promotion rose to prominence from humble beginnings in 1992, had a massive effect on the wrestling boom of the late 90s, and went bankrupt in early 2001.

:up: I want to see this when it is released on DVD.

NatureBoy
03-21-2013, 09:24 PM
WM 29 is going to cost a mint. Standard definition will be $59.95, HD will be $69.95.

NatureBoy
03-29-2013, 01:10 PM
Reid Flair (The youngest son of Ric Flair) sadly passed away this afternoon. Reid has recently been training with Bobby Eaton to become a Professional Wrestler. Reid was set to debut with Ring Of Honor a few years ago, but was postponed due to being arrested for Heroin possession.

Reid has recently worked for All Japan Pro Wrestling, he had also previously been involved in WCW during the late 90's. No details of his death has been given as of yet.

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/28693/Breaking-News-Reid-Flair-Passes-Away/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

CLW
03-29-2013, 01:48 PM
WM 29 is going to cost a mint. Standard definition will be $59.95, HD will be $69.95.

Wow that's insane! Back in the Attitude Era (a much better product) it was like $40-$50 (if memory serves) and we still had to get a group of guys together to split the costs.

JBHuskers
03-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Reid Flair (The youngest son of Ric Flair) sadly passed away this afternoon. Reid has recently been training with Bobby Eaton to become a Professional Wrestler. Reid was set to debut with Ring Of Honor a few years ago, but was postponed due to being arrested for Heroin possession.

Reid has recently worked for All Japan Pro Wrestling, he had also previously been involved in WCW during the late 90's. No details of his death has been given as of yet.

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/28693/Breaking-News-Reid-Flair-Passes-Away/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Are you confusing Reid for David? Reid was only 24 or 25.

NatureBoy
03-29-2013, 03:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VRfTg2fcsdA

David is the oldest son, Reid was the youngest. I remember the video above like it was yesterday. I also remember seeing Reid sitting at ringside at a few WCW Monday Nitro shows when WCW used to have them not far from where I live. I remember one time I let out a great big ole WOOOOO! one time and Reid and the rest of the Flair family turned around and laughed. I was only a few rows back from where they were sitting. Also, who couldn't forget seeing Reid cry after Natich lost retirement match at WrestleMania XXIV vs. HBK. It broke my heart.

JeffHCross
03-30-2013, 07:03 PM
Yeah, Reid was there, but "involved" is a little misleading.

JBHuskers
04-01-2013, 07:53 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/539197_312292765566787_800834336_n_zps20d71210.jpg

NatureBoy
04-01-2013, 09:49 PM
Yeah, Reid was there, but "involved" is a little misleading.

What exactly is misleading? I never said I saw him wrestle.

JBHuskers
04-03-2013, 07:53 PM
[Blog post] WWE Launches on Xbox Today http://majornelson.com/2013/04/03/wwe-launches-on-xbox-today/

baseballplyrmvp
04-04-2013, 09:35 PM
all pay per view events are available from our 360? fuck yeah!!!!

JBHuskers
04-04-2013, 10:03 PM
all pay per view events are available from our 360? fuck yeah!!!!

Not sure why you're excited. You have to buy from the web, same price as cable. All the app does is stream the live PPV, nothing else.

baseballplyrmvp
04-04-2013, 10:40 PM
Not sure why you're excited. You have to buy from the web, same price as cable. All the app does is stream the live PPV, nothing else.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2oh....nvm then

baseballplyrmvp
04-06-2013, 06:33 PM
i'll try and find a stream for wrestlemania tomorrow.

bjrod9
04-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Wrestlemania is ordered!

baseballplyrmvp
04-07-2013, 06:06 PM
stream found. pm for link

baseballplyrmvp
04-07-2013, 10:00 PM
i was perfect in my picks up until cena won. dammit. should have seen it coming though. anyone think those 2 will go round 3 next year?

JBHuskers
04-10-2013, 10:03 AM
One of the best wrestling crowds ever this past Monday night :D

The best was when they were singing Fandango's theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsCZzdyFPM8&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CsrZ_8lY-4&feature=player_embedded

baseballplyrmvp
04-10-2013, 09:24 PM
ya, that was funny. :D

JBHuskers
04-25-2013, 03:18 PM
Rumor has it that if The Rock is not ready to go by Wrestlemania XXX, HHH might be talking STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN into one final match....against Lesnar.

JBHuskers
05-16-2013, 09:09 PM
:D

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/946265_332129916916405_1001289794_n_zpsa2ad8c62.jp g

JBHuskers
05-18-2013, 05:35 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/969092_576785582352069_848050161_n_zpsd4bd5f6c.jpg

baseballplyrmvp
05-19-2013, 01:33 PM
extreme rules tonight! i'll try and find a stream for it. pm me for the link.

CLW
05-19-2013, 01:35 PM
i haven't followed this in months. no clue what's going on but if i'm home tonight pm me the link

baseballplyrmvp
05-19-2013, 07:45 PM
stream found if anyone wants it. pm for the link.

JBHuskers
05-19-2013, 08:57 PM
The U.S. and Tag Team belts finally have meaning to them.

baseballplyrmvp
05-19-2013, 09:14 PM
holy shit! what just happened!

JBHuskers
05-19-2013, 09:21 PM
That was a pretty sweet spot through the bottom video wall.

baseballplyrmvp
05-19-2013, 09:27 PM
what'd they land on? there was glass all around cena. did that all come from the video board?

JBHuskers
05-19-2013, 09:31 PM
what'd they land on? there was glass all around cena. did that all come from the video board?

I'm guessing they landed on a mattress that they quickly pulled out before the camera got back there :D

JBHuskers
05-19-2013, 09:44 PM
Hah camouflaging a sledgehammer on top of the cage. Awesome!

baseballplyrmvp
05-19-2013, 09:49 PM
damnit....lesnar won

JBHuskers
05-19-2013, 10:02 PM
Post show is here....

http://www.youtube.com/user/WWEFanNation

JBHuskers
05-19-2013, 10:30 PM
I kinda enjoyed the post-show. The panel of Barrett, O'Neil, and Foley was a good combination.

JBHuskers
05-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Pretty solid PPV last night. Not completely awesome, not completely a dud either.

My surprise show stealer was Orton / Big Show. That match delivered much above expectations. I think with it being in Randy's hometown of St. Louis, both he and Big Show committed to making an excellent match.

I'm ready for Punk to be back, and next month's PPV Payback is in Chicago.

JBHuskers
05-20-2013, 05:17 PM
A new Paul Heyman guy to be announced tonight on Raw. The obvious choice is RVD. I would take Samoa Joe as my darkhorse choice.

JBHuskers
07-03-2013, 09:14 AM
Kane chillin' with Vince Vaughn.

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2013/07/01/0701-vince-vaughn-wwe-gage-skidmore-3.jpg

CLW
07-03-2013, 12:16 PM
WTF is up with my name sake "Wyatt Family" turned it on briefly over the past month and every time I did they were promoting the hell out of (it looked like to me) some new people coming soon?

JBHuskers
07-03-2013, 12:33 PM
WTF is up with my name sake "Wyatt Family" turned it on briefly over the past month and every time I did they were promoting the hell out of (it looked like to me) some new people coming soon?

Yep next week. I'm excited for it. The main guy Bray Wyatt is the son of Mike Rotunda or I.R.S. He had a cup of coffee on the main roster of the New Nexus as Husky Harris a couple years back.

CLW
07-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Yep next week. I'm excited for it. The main guy Bray Wyatt is the son of Mike Rotunda or I.R.S. He had a cup of coffee on the main roster of the New Nexus as Husky Harris a couple years back.

Looked to me like they were going to be some sort of "cult-like" faction with "evil" intentions? I should sue the WWE in a class-action lawsuit on behalf of all Wyatts for damaging our family sur name's reputation. :nod:

JBHuskers
07-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Looked to me like they were going to be some sort of "cult-like" faction with "evil" intentions? I should sue the WWE in a class-action lawsuit on behalf of all Wyatts for damaging our family sur name's reputation. :nod:

I'm excited. It's kinda like a Cape Fear like gimmick. Reminds me a little bit of Waylon Mercy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fyZbSOQYhw

CLW
07-10-2013, 07:32 AM
Forgot to tune in to see my family debut but looks like from the highlights some sort of "creepy" "redneck" version of the shield?

JBHuskers
07-16-2013, 04:27 PM

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/bellas_zps64949cb9.jpg?t=1374009823

CLW
07-17-2013, 03:00 PM
Judge issues arrest warrant for Ric Flair over spousal support payments
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/the-turnstile/judge-issues-arrest-warrant-ric-flair-over-spousal-163201331.html (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/the-turnstile/judge-issues-arrest-warrant-ric-flair-over-spousal-163201331.html)

JBHuskers
07-17-2013, 03:18 PM
Flair has had it rough.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

JBHuskers
07-23-2013, 02:15 AM
Nice lil nip slip by one of the Bellas tonight :nod:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/2f233f1d33bbd8f9ea2d8aab41841421/tumblr_mqd9gtPqla1ryau75o1_r1_500.jpg

CLW
08-12-2013, 07:51 PM
https://secure.wwe.com/wm30/img/desktop/compare-grid-980x640.jpg

JBHuskers
08-12-2013, 09:19 PM
Which one is your wife buying me?

souljahbill
08-17-2013, 11:39 PM
Wait, Wrestlemania is in New Orleans?!?!?

Hmmmmm..........

JBHuskers
08-18-2013, 11:10 AM
Wait, Wrestlemania is in New Orleans?!?!?

Hmmmmm..........

Fly me out!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

souljahbill
08-18-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm seriously considering going and I haven't been into wrestling since the Attitude era died.

JBHuskers
08-19-2013, 12:26 PM
Summerslam was outstanding last night.

CLW
08-19-2013, 02:14 PM
Summerslam was outstanding last night.

Yeah saw HHH turned on Bryan immediately after winning the title allowing Orton to cash in MITB. Any ideas/logic as to what angle they are going with that one?

JBHuskers
08-19-2013, 02:59 PM
The return of Evolution 10 years later. At least I'm hoping.

CLW
08-19-2013, 03:06 PM
The return of Evolution 10 years later. At least I'm hoping.

LMAO i completely forgot about that faction. if i remember correctly Orton was the "kid" (i.e. the future) Flair was the past, HHH the established present, and Batista the near distant future.

CLW
08-19-2013, 08:20 PM
Wow RVD still gets HUGE pop after all these years. Didn't even realize he was back.

CLW
08-19-2013, 08:33 PM
Was surprised they didn't turn the "Tea Party" pothead into an anti-*** rant before their match.

CLW
08-19-2013, 09:17 PM
woooooo my name sake's 1st ever match on Raw.

CLW
08-19-2013, 09:27 PM
wow virtually ZERO reaction for the Wyatt angle/match. Not looking like this deal is going to last very long. :smh:

baseballplyrmvp
08-19-2013, 10:06 PM
holy shit....thats a giant lump on cena's elbow.

CLW
08-19-2013, 10:14 PM
wow that was a bad/anti-climatic ending. not really sure what the hell the point of all that was at the end. thought we would have a beer truck/milk truck like ending but instead face gets destroyed by the shield and orton and no other face of the company tries to help him out. :smh:

Kingpin32
08-19-2013, 10:18 PM
wow virtually ZERO reaction for the Wyatt angle/match. Not looking like this deal is going to last very long. :smh:

They've messed that up so horribly.

baseballplyrmvp
08-20-2013, 12:02 AM
punk without heyman is a way more likeable character. him going off on fatso in the crowd was funny as shit. lol

JBHuskers
11-02-2013, 02:05 AM
Very interesting...

http://www.examiner.com/article/wwe-exclusive-hulk-hogan-officially-back-with-wwe

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

JBHuskers
11-26-2013, 01:02 PM
Going back through some old clips and found a pretty cool compliation. Top 10 Heel Turns of All Time. I remember the Savage one. That was badass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOntyapU_Jw

SCClassof93
11-27-2013, 07:56 AM
The greatest heel turn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVk0NgwtwLI

Stan HAMsen
12-12-2013, 01:35 PM
I watched this week's RAW (90 min version) for the first time in months. Pretty good show. Not crazy about the end of the last segment. WM build should be fun.

Stan HAMsen
12-17-2013, 07:16 PM
90 minute version of Raw is really strong again this week.

JBHuskers
12-18-2013, 11:06 AM
I typically download a torrent of it to save DVR space. Probably will catch it this weekend. The TLC PPV was mehhhh. Hasn't been a good PPV since Summerslam. At least we are now into the season where it should get good.

JBHuskers
01-06-2014, 02:28 PM
Old School RAW tonight. Should be fun.

JBHuskers
01-07-2014, 12:01 AM
I said all along that Ambrose/Moxley has reminded me of Piper, now they're in the ring at the same time. #surreal

JBHuskers
01-09-2014, 02:29 AM
All I have to say is WOW. Take my money Vince....

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/ep_full/public/ep/image/2014/01/20140102_EPLARGE_Network_Announcement_L.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/wwenetwork

JBHuskers
01-09-2014, 02:33 AM
The FAQ for the WWE Network:

1. What is WWE Network?
WWE Network is a 24/7 streaming service with both scheduled programming and an on-demand library. WWE Network will include all 12 WWE live pay-per-view events including WrestleMania 30, groundbreaking original series, reality shows and documentaries, and the most comprehensive video-on-demand library featuring all WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-views and classic matches uncut and uncensored as well as replays of Raw and SmackDown episodes. Additional programming, including a live daily studio show coming this summer, and video-on-demand content will be added regularly.

2. How much will a subscription to WWE Network cost?
A monthly subscription to WWE Network is $9.99 per month (plus tax where applicable) with a 6-month commitment.

3. How do I purchase WWE Network?
To subscribe to WWE Network, go to WWE.com beginning Monday, February 24 at 9:00 a.m. ET.

4. When can I buy WWE Network?
Monday, February 24 at 9:00 a.m. ET.

5. When will WWE Network be available?
Live programming on WWE Network will begin on Monday, February 24 at 11:06 pm ET with a live post-show immediately following Monday Night Raw. Video-on-demand programming will be available immediately at 9:00 a.m. ET.

6. What devices will WWE Network be available on?
WWE Network will be available on desktops and laptops via WWE.com. On February 24, WWE Network will also be available through the WWE App on: Amazon’s Kindle Fire devices; Android devices such as Samsung Galaxy; iOS devices such as Apple iPad and iPhone; Roku streaming devices; Sony PlayStation® 3 and Sony PlayStation® 4; and Xbox 360. Availability on additional devices, including Xbox One and select Smart TVs, will follow this summer. For more information, go to wwe.com/devices.

7. If I already have the WWE App, do I need to update it to watch WWE Network?
The WWE App will automatically update on iOS and Android-powered mobile devices to play WWE Network. To watch on connected devices such as Roku streaming devices, Sony PlayStation® 3 and Sony PlayStation® 4 and Xbox 360, you must download the new WWE App, which will be available on Monday, February 24.

8. How can I pay for WWE Network?
WWE Network can be paid for with a credit card (e.g. American Express, Discover, Master Card, Visa) or through a Pay Pal account.

9. How and when will I be billed for WWE Network?
You will automatically be billed $9.99 every month (plus tax where applicable). The charge will show up on your bill as “WWE Network Subscription.”

10. What content will I find on WWE Network?
WWE Network is a 24/7 streaming service with both scheduled programming and an on-demand library. WWE Network will include all 12 WWE live pay-per-view events including WrestleMania 30, groundbreaking original series, reality shows and documentaries, and the most comprehensive video-on-demand library featuring all WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-views and classic matches uncut and uncensored as well as replays of Raw and SmackDown episodes. Additional programming, including a live daily studio show coming this summer, and video-on-demand content will be added regularly.

11. Will WrestleMania be available as a part of this subscription?
Yes, WrestleMania is included with your subscription.

12. Will encores of Raw, SmackDown and Main Event be on WWE Network?
Yes, encores of these programs will be available on WWE Network.

13. Will Pay-Per-View events still be available outside WWE Network?
Yes, WWE will continue to offer individual pay-per-view events to TV providers. Please call your local cable or satellite provider for availability.

14. Will classic WWE content be available on WWE Network?
Yes, your WWE Network subscription will include access to the most comprehensive video-on-demand library featuring all WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-views and classic matches uncut and uncensored as well as replays of Raw and SmackDown episodes. Additional content will be added regularly.

15. Will "WWE Superstars" and NXT air on WWE Network?
Yes, premiere episodes of Superstars and NXT will air on WWE Network.

16. Will Raw, SmackDown and Main Event move to WWE Network?
No, Raw, SmackDown and Main Event will continue to air on their current networks – USA, Syfy and ION television, respectively.

17. Will shows on WWE Network be available in HD?
Yes, all programming on the WWE Network will be available in HD.

18. Will shows on WWE Network be available in Spanish?
Live pay-per-views will be available in Spanish. All other programming will be presented in English.

19. Will shows be closed captioned?
Yes.

20. Will WWE Network also be available through my cable or satellite provider?
No, WWE Network is delivered directly to fans through over-the-top digital distribution on the following devices: desktops and laptops via WWE.com; through the WWE App on: Amazon’s Kindle Fire devices; Android devices such as Samsung Galaxy; iOS devices such as Apple iPad and iPhone; Roku streaming devices; Sony PlayStation® 3 and Sony PlayStation® 4; and Xbox 360. Availability on additional devices, including Xbox One and select Smart TVs, will follow this summer

21. Will all of the programming that premieres on WWE Network also be available via on demand?
Yes, all programming that premieres on the network will become immediately available in the video-on-demand library.

22. How quickly will content that premieres on WWE Network be made available on demand?
Content that premieres on WWE Network will be available on demand immediately after it airs.

23. Does WWE Network programming contain advertisements?
Most WWE programming on WWE Network will be commercial-free, however, there will be limited promotional content in select programs.

24. Is the entire WWE library available through on demand?
WWE Network will launch with more than 1,500 hours of on-demand content, including all WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-views. New, on-demand content will be added regularly.

25. Will WWE Network be available internationally?
Beginning Monday, February 24, WWE Network will only be available in the United States. WWE Network is scheduled to launch in the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong and the Nordics by the end of 2014/early 2015.

26. Will all content on WWE Network be PG?
WWE Network will contain a range of programming suitable for various audiences. Content rated TV-14 or TV-MA will be preceded by appropriate advisory messages recommending viewer discretion. Parental controls will be available for on-demand content.

27. Can I set up parental controls on the WWE Network?
Yes, parents will have the ability to block content that is rated TV-14 and TV-MA for on-demand content only. Viewer discretion is advised for live 24/7 streaming programming.

28. Who can I call or email today if I have questions?
Customer Service support will be available beginning Monday, February 24 at 9:00 a.m. ET. Additionally, searchable Frequently Asked Questions and live chat service will be offered starting February 24.

CLW
01-09-2014, 06:22 AM
Pretty smart and worth it if its an HD streem for the PPVs alone. If only WWE was entertaining like the attitude era.

souljahbill
01-09-2014, 06:52 AM
Pretty smart and worth it if its an HD streem for the PPVs alone. If only WWE was entertaining like the attitude era.

If they moved Raw and Smsckdown to their channel and went back to Attitude-era stuff, I'd subscribe. When I glance at it on tv, it feels bland and lifeless.

Stan HAMsen
01-09-2014, 08:43 AM
I really don't watch much anymore, but I will subscribe to this day 1. I will probably watch enough to make it worth the money, but mostly I want this to succeed in hopes that other companies/networks will try it.

I'm never, ever going back to cable/satellite.

JBHuskers
01-09-2014, 09:18 AM
If they moved Raw and Smsckdown to their channel and went back to Attitude-era stuff, I'd subscribe. When I glance at it on tv, it feels bland and lifeless.

They will be added (most likely next day) to the Network.

CLW
01-09-2014, 12:51 PM
They will be added (most likely next day) to the Network.

Maybe I missed it but I'd sign up for it just to watch the Raws, Smackdowns and PPVs from The Attitude Era.

Is it possible to literally just start from the beginning and watch every Raw/Smackdown and PPV from that time?

JBHuskers
01-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Maybe I missed it but I'd sign up for it just to watch the Raws, Smackdowns and PPVs from The Attitude Era.

Is it possible to literally just start from the beginning and watch every Raw/Smackdown and PPV from that time?

Maybe eventually. Not by February. But by February, every single PPV will be there, so you can watch all the Attitude PPVs.

Also for their 24/7 channel portion of things, there will be a series on the Monday Night Wars. Curious to see how it will be different from the DVD. Probably some new perspectives from guys like Bryan and Punk.

This thing is definitely going to take off because guys like CLW who were a fan will subscribe. Guys like me that still watch at least RAW every week are getting it for basically everything it offers. There will be those who get it to see all the PPVs going forward as well.

Stan HAMsen
01-09-2014, 12:56 PM
PPVs, probably. TVs, doesn't sound like it.

CLW
01-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Maybe eventually. Not by February. But by February, every single PPV will be there, so you can watch all the Attitude PPVs.

Also for their 24/7 channel portion of things, there will be a series on the Monday Night Wars. Curious to see how it will be different from the DVD. Probably some new perspectives from guys like Bryan and Punk.

This thing is definitely going to take off because guys like CLW who were a fan will subscribe. Guys like me that still watch at least RAW every week are getting it for basically everything it offers. There will be those who get it to see all the PPVs going forward as well.

I grew up a "casual" fan in the HBK/Ultimate Warrior/Hulk Hogan days as a kid. Then, I watched EVERY Sunday Night Heat, Raw, Smackdown and PPV from 1996-2004. Hell I went to 6-10 shows in person including the Owen Hart Tribute the day after he died in St. Louis and the Iron Man Rock/HHH PPV in Louisville I NEVER missed a show either on t.v. or if it was within 5 hours in person.

Then law school came, I got busy and IMHO the show took turns for the worse so I gradually lost interest. I'll occasionally follow if I hear about a good story (Punk summer 11 "leaving" with title storyline was excellent) but I still feel like the talent isn't up to where it was back in the "good ole days".

Its tempting just to see all the old PPVs but I'll probably wait to hear/read reports on the video quality of the feeds and whether they include all the lead in promos (helps remember the story going on at the time). However, if/when they start including ever televised show with the easy ability to just pick a date and start watching I'm in for $120 a year.

JBHuskers
01-20-2014, 12:08 PM
Since I know I'll be surfing the network pretty late on opening night, I took the 25th of February off of work :D

Also Daniel Bryan suffered a concussion last week. Hopefully that doesn't keep him out of the Rumble considering he is the hottest draw in the company right now.

Stan HAMsen
01-20-2014, 02:07 PM
His face turn in the post-main was great. I thought putting him with the Wyatt's was pretty dumb but they got a great TV moment out of it.

CLW
01-20-2014, 03:22 PM
Since I know I'll be surfing the network pretty late on opening night, I took the 25th of February off of work :D

Also Daniel Bryan suffered a concussion last week. Hopefully that doesn't keep him out of the Rumble considering he is the hottest draw in the company right now.

You know you took my bday off to really bring the party here to TGT. :nod:

JBHuskers
01-20-2014, 03:44 PM
Bleacher Report: Top 15 Crowd Reactions in Pro Wrestling History (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1930040-15-greatest-crowd-reactions-in-pro-wrestling-history)

Good list, includes Daniel Bryan's cage celebration last week (well deservered...that crowed reaction was insane)...

I'm sure there will be a big pop tonight for Batista's return.

CLW
01-20-2014, 04:05 PM
The Y2J Rock bit was insane. Of the events I personally attended the ovation at the end for Owen Hart was loud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56DhwCWxQPg

but the loudest I have ever heard personally at an event was when Undertaker returned at the end of the HHH Rock Iron man match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVQR9Cs6If8

JBHuskers
01-20-2014, 04:21 PM
Agreed on the Taker debut as the American Badass. That was one of the biggest ones I'd seen.

JBHuskers
01-20-2014, 04:26 PM
I specifically remember the crowd being SUPER loud for this match when Jeff Hardy almost had it. This is my favorite Pro Wrestling match of all-time I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_ANV_KiB9Q

CLW
01-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Agreed on the Taker debut as the American Badass. That was one of the biggest ones I'd seen.

I HATE The Undertaker (as a wrestler) but even I marked for him when he came out at the end of that PPV. The crowd was just JACKED and then the call at the end people were pissed throwing beer and cups and signs everywhere it was INSANE.

CLW
01-20-2014, 04:38 PM
Interesting WWE did their own:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXxVKkrfcTQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2TyOchDMw0#t=118

I had forgotten about the EPIC Foley 1st title win match. That prob was the loudest I have ever heard.

JBHuskers
01-20-2014, 04:38 PM
I HATE The Undertaker (as a wrestler) but even I marked for him when he came out at the end of that PPV. The crowd was just JACKED and then the call at the end people were pissed throwing beer and cups and signs everywhere it was INSANE.

I hope Taker comes back as the badass to finish his career.

JBHuskers
01-20-2014, 04:39 PM
Interesting WWE did their own:

I had forgotten about the EPIC Foley 1st title win match. That prob was the loudest I have ever heard.

That one looks to be about six months ago.

I'm guessing tonight's return of Batista will rank up there.

CLW
01-20-2014, 05:04 PM
That one looks to be about six months ago.

I'm guessing tonight's return of Batista will rank up there.

Meh Batista was a solid wrestler and assuming he is actually coming back fulltime will be a nice addition to the roster but he's NOT a HOFer and doesn't have a CULT following (Lesnar) so it will be loud but unless his first feud is against Cena or Orton I don't think it will be a Top 20 type moment.

Stan HAMsen
01-20-2014, 05:21 PM
I don't think "solid wrestler" is what you meant, but he is a nice draw and could be a good hand if he stays healthy. People like him so at least he will offer new programs for the baddies.

JBHuskers
01-20-2014, 05:21 PM
I think he'll be a Hall of Famer. He was on top of his game when he turned heel. Then left.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Stan HAMsen
01-20-2014, 05:25 PM
Putting this here so that those that don't click links will have an opportunity to see it.

http://youtu.be/ttiGTC5B2gg

CLW
01-20-2014, 05:32 PM
Cannot believe Bryan would treat my family this way. :smh: gonna be hell to pay for mr. yes. :nod:

JBHuskers
01-27-2014, 11:44 AM
PPV was pretty good. Predictable though. Sheamus coming back was the biggest surprise. Missed that fella. BIG outrage at Batista winning. Not sure why the outrage, this was expected for a month now :D but I guess the face Batista will be short lived. I guess he's got heat backstage already for getting into it with a fan, flipping him off, and then mocking Daniel Bryan.

Perfect opportunity for the WWE to fix this at Elimination Chamber with Batista vs. Bryan for the main event at WM. Then have the Chamber match be for the #1 contender at the PPV after, or make WM a triple threat.

JBHuskers
01-28-2014, 10:19 AM
Pretty interesting if you remember the horrible Taker burying Paul Bearer in cement angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8KTSOm1nZE#t=36

JBHuskers
02-13-2014, 10:05 AM
Before they were The Shield, they had a triple threat match in FCW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDel3yUXK-w

JBHuskers
02-19-2014, 09:47 AM
RIP to the man that was known as Viscera or Big Daddy V. Passed away at age 43. 1995 King of the Ring.

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110125213442/prowrestling/images/7/7e/Big-Daddy-V-01.jpg

Stan HAMsen
02-19-2014, 12:40 PM
Damn. I've always heard nice things about him.

JBHuskers
02-19-2014, 12:56 PM
Damn. I've always heard nice things about him.

Yeah he was a great man outside of the ring to many people. When he was Mabel, he won King of the Ring at age 24. That was 1995, a time when WWE didn't really push people that young.

CLW
02-25-2014, 05:15 PM
Anyone try WWE Network yet? I'm tempted just for the ability to relive the Attitude Era but wasn't sure if it was literally the entire PPV (with the promos before each match etc...) or just the matches. I might just wait until they put up every Raw, Smackdown etc... up

Stan HAMsen
02-25-2014, 06:39 PM
I subscribed yesterday. I have heard that there are some missing WCW PPVs, but I haven't looked. There isn't much territory era content, but I assume that is coming down the road. I was disappointed that the 2014 PPVs aren't available yet.

I watched a random PPV from 2011 without audio while I listened to music and did some other things. Looked like the full show.

JBHuskers
02-26-2014, 10:01 AM
Overall it's working pretty good. There are a few PPV's that froze right as it started. I watched the beginning of the RAW where Tyson and Austin went at it last night.

PDOGEMP 8
03-03-2014, 08:39 PM
WWE Network is now working on the Xbox 360

JBHuskers
03-03-2014, 08:45 PM
Looks like a lawsuit coming WWE's way. During Lesnar's tirade on the announce table, one of the monitors he threw hit someone right on the face and supposedly hit a child too.

JBHuskers
03-03-2014, 08:53 PM
Now they're saying that the picture of the black eye came from a fake Twitter account. Hard telling with the wild toss of the monitor and crowd reaction.

JBHuskers
04-06-2014, 09:00 PM
Holy shit. The Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak is over. 21-1

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.

steelerfan
04-06-2014, 09:30 PM

cdj
04-07-2014, 07:41 AM

JBHuskers
04-07-2014, 09:02 AM
I always thought 1M would be a wash from 200k PPV buys. I'm sure Wrestlemania still had some decent PPV numbers alongside the network. Just wait til it's opened up worldwide.

souljahbill
04-07-2014, 04:14 PM

While it's not homosexual in nature, I get what you're saying. Undertaker has beaten a who's who of WWF/E superstars and he gets jobbed out to Brock Lesnar? So fucking lame.

CLW
04-07-2014, 04:17 PM
yeah that's just odd to me of all the stars Taker has gone against at WM losing to Lesnar (a part timer) is just stupid beyond belief. (and i'm NOT a taker fan)

JBHuskers
04-07-2014, 04:33 PM
While it's not homosexual in nature, I get what you're saying. Undertaker has beaten a who's who of WWF/E superstars and he gets jobbed out to Brock Lesnar? So fucking lame.

yeah that's just odd to me of all the stars Taker has gone against at WM losing to Lesnar (a part timer) is just stupid beyond belief. (and i'm NOT a taker fan)

Here's why it makes sense to end the streak to Lesnar.

1) Taker wanted to. All of the great wrestlers go out on their back in the ring.

2) His matches have progressively gotten worse since his best one with HBK at WM 25. The time was now. Granted his two with HBK and two with HHH were great, the Lesnar one was so-so.

3) Having an up and comer like Bray Wyatt or Roman Reigns end the streak would have given that wrestler way too much to try to live up to for the rest of their career and probably would have done more harm than good. Lesnar is established, relishes being the heel, going to be hated for ending the streak, but is someone who can handle the heat.

4) The whole streak talk at Wrestlemania has gotten stale. That is how it's been booked for the past few years. Now if Taker wants to go at WM 31 (rumored against Sting for their final hurrahs) there is no streak talk, there is just time to build a better less stale story.

CLW
04-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Here's why it makes sense to end the streak to Lesnar.

1) Taker wanted to. All of the great wrestlers go out on their back in the ring.

2) His matches have progressively gotten worse since his best one with HBK at WM 25. The time was now. Granted his two with HBK and two with HHH were great, the Lesnar one was so-so.

3) Having an up and comer like Bray Wyatt or Roman Reigns end the streak would have given that wrestler way too much to try to live up to for the rest of their career and probably would have done more harm than good. Lesnar is established, relishes being the heel, going to be hated for ending the streak, but is someone who can handle the heat.

4) The whole streak talk at Wrestlemania has gotten stale. That is how it's been booked for the past few years. Now if Taker wants to go at WM 31 (rumored against Sting for their final hurrahs) there is no streak talk, there is just time to build a better less stale story.

I don't disagree with most of this other than Lesnar had to be the guy to do it. IF the WWE has gotten so.... bad that they couldn't find anyone who could "handle it" (beating Taker at WM) then the WWE is truly a lost cause.

souljahbill
04-07-2014, 05:17 PM
I don't disagree with most of this other than Lesnar had to be the guy to do it. IF the WWE has gotten so.... bad that they couldn't find anyone who could "handle it" (beating Taker at WM) then the WWE is truly a lost cause.

That's my beef too. I have no idea who wrestles anymore but there wasn't another legend or someone more "credible"? There was no rule saying he HAD to wrestle anyway. If he was sucking it up, just don't put him on the card.

steelerfan
04-07-2014, 05:58 PM
I only commented because I have always liked The Undertaker. I think wrestling is lame and I can't believe grown men waste their lives watching it but to each, their own.

Carry on.

CLW
04-09-2014, 06:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior passed away yesterday (day after appearing on Raw). I did think to myself that he didn't look "good" (he struggled to even shake the ropes) but didn't expect this.

JBHuskers
04-09-2014, 09:07 AM
Yeah that was insane considering he was just on Raw Monday night. At least he got one last curtain call.

CLW
04-09-2014, 06:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR08M6EUd0g

JBHuskers
04-10-2014, 07:33 PM
Wrestling Observer is reporting that the WWE has reached a deal with Sting.

CLW
04-10-2014, 09:47 PM
Wrestling Observer is reporting that the WWE has reached a deal with Sting.

that would be odd as i seem to recall sting being ADAMANT throughout his career that he would not work for wwf/e it's also just another part-time guy that going to take up airtime which only retards the development of the younger full-time roster. i don't get it. its like wwe is going with the old wcw strategy of just hiring old guys that are well past their primes.

JBHuskers
04-11-2014, 01:59 AM
He'll just be part time.

EVERYBODY'S GOT A PRICE!

CLW
04-11-2014, 12:31 PM
He'll just be part time.

EVERYBODY'S GOT A PRICE!

Yes but WHY all the part-timers? All this does is stunt (and potentially prohibit) the growth of the younger full-time talent.

CLW
04-11-2014, 07:58 PM
WWE stock tanking, here's how the wrestling giant can right the ship
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/wwe-stock-tanking--here-s-how-the-wrestling-giant-can-right-the-ship-141704030.html

JBHuskers
04-14-2014, 08:56 AM
Yes but WHY all the part-timers? All this does is stunt (and potentially prohibit) the growth of the younger full-time talent.

Not really.

CLW
04-14-2014, 04:41 PM
Not really.

Takes away air time. There are only so.... many hours of t.v./shows for the new/young talent to develop. Unless you think the young talent is not up to snuff and never will be its hard to argue that bringing in all the part-time "help" is going to be good for the long term health of the WWE.

And if you do believe that is the case then they better start developing young talent FAST b/c these part-timers are old and I imagine they won't hold the attention of fans for very long.

JBHuskers
04-14-2014, 04:57 PM
Takes away air time. There are only so.... many hours of t.v./shows for the new/young talent to develop. Unless you think the young talent is not up to snuff and never will be its hard to argue that bringing in all the part-time "help" is going to be good for the long term health of the WWE.

And if you do believe that is the case then they better start developing young talent FAST b/c these part-timers are old and I imagine they won't hold the attention of fans for very long.

Have you paid a lot of attention lately?

CLW
04-14-2014, 05:11 PM
Have you paid a lot of attention lately?

Not like I used to but I have watched a few Raws in full recently and I wasn't impressed with the story lines/match quality and the shows just felt completely disjointed with little to no real flow to them.

I didn't see anyone young that looked to have "it" (i.e. someone that could be the next big face/heel for the company).

souljahbill
04-14-2014, 05:24 PM
Not like I used to but I have watched a few Raws in full recently and I wasn't impressed with the story lines/match quality and the shows just felt completely disjointed with little to no real flow to them.

I didn't see anyone young that looked to have "it" (i.e. someone that could be the next big face/heel for the company).

PG era is horrible.

JBHuskers
04-14-2014, 10:27 PM

There are at least nine hours a week of programming plus NXT. The signing of Sting wouldn't "hold someone down". It'll be like Lesnar if not less. 20 Raw appearances and less than three PPV matches. Or just one final one against Undertaker at WM XXXI.

CLW
04-15-2014, 06:44 AM
There are at least nine hours a week of programming plus NXT. The signing of Sting wouldn't "hold someone down". It'll be like Lesnar if not less. 20 Raw appearances and less than three PPV matches. Or just one final one against Undertaker at WM XXXI.

Yeah except here is the deal most wrestlers big moments happen during a PPV. If WWE continues to work stories and bigger PPV matches out of all these part-timers the audience will likely care less about a younger superstar at the bottom of the card. Moreover, its X number less spots for your full-time talent to have a PPV match.

JBHuskers
04-15-2014, 09:04 AM
Yeah except here is the deal most wrestlers big moments happen during a PPV. If WWE continues to work stories and bigger PPV matches out of all these part-timers the audience will likely care less about a younger superstar at the bottom of the card. Moreover, its X number less spots for your full-time talent to have a PPV match.

That has nothing to do with the part time wrestlers. That has to do with creative doing a shitty job of building them.