PDA

View Full Version : Pro Wrestling Discussion

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

JBHuskers
03-29-2011, 09:47 PM
I saw that earlier today....f'n hilarious.

JeffHCross
03-29-2011, 10:13 PM
Of course, modifying your page to look like it's verified when it isn't is a violation of twitter's terms of use.Interesting. I've seen a lot of people doing that lately ... though it's people that are clearly fake, like SithSarcasm.

JBHuskers
03-29-2011, 11:59 PM
I heard they were going to quit doing verified users, but I guess they changed their mind on it that one.

NatureBoy
03-30-2011, 10:49 AM
http://wm27.wwe.com/splash_wide.jpg

WWE WRESTLEMANIA XXVII
Sunday, April 3rd, 2011
Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Georgia

God Bless America Performed by: Keri Hilton

Guest Host: The Rock

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8e/WWEHallofFamelogo08.jpg
2011 Hall of Fame Class:

Shawn Michaels
Road Warriors w/ Paul Ellering
Jim Duggan
Bob Armstrong
Sunny
Drew Carey
Abdullah The Butcher

The Shawn Michaels, Road Warriors/Paul Ellering and Sunny HOF inductions will air Monday night @ 8pm. The return of Tough Enough debuts Monday night @ 11pm.

http://www.wwe.com/f/match/image/2011/03/308_0.jpg
Eight Man Tag Match
Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater & Ezekiel Jackson vs. Big Show, Kane, Santino Marella & Vladimir Kozlov

http://www.wwe.com/f/match/image/2011/03/20110315-article-wm27-3on3tag.jpg
Six Person Tag Match
John Morrison, Trish Stratus & Snooki vs. Dolph Ziggler & Lay Cool (w/ Vickie Guerrero)

http://www.wwe.com/f/match/image/2011/03/20110311-article-wm27-reyrhodes.jpg
Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes

http://www.wwe.com/f/match/image/2011/03/20110321-article-wm27-ustitle.jpg
UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP
Sheamus (c) vs. Daniel Bryan

http://www.wwe.com/f/match/image/2011/03/20110311-article-wm27-lawlercole.jpg
Special Guest Referee: Stone Cold Steve Austin
Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole (w/ Jack Swagger)

http://www.wwe.com/f/match/image/2011/03/20110311-article-wm27-ortonpunk.jpg
Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

http://www.wwe.com/f/match/image/2011/03/20110311-article-wm27-undertakerhhh.jpg
THE STREAK: TAKER IS 18-0 @ WRESTLEMANIA
NO HOLDS BARRED MATCH
The Undertaker vs. Triple H

http://www.wwe.com/f/match/image/2011/03/20110325-article-wm27-edgedelrio_christianbrodus_0.jpg
WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Edge (c) w/ Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio w/ Brodus Clay

http://www.wwe.com/f/match/image/2011/03/20110311-article-wm27-mizcena.jpg
WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
The Miz (c) vs. John Cena

JBHuskers
03-30-2011, 12:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7KSkZxt_zo

JeffHCross
03-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Not. a single. match. that interest me.

JBHuskers
03-30-2011, 08:58 PM
Not. a single. match. that interest me.

:smh: serious?

The buildup to Taker/Trips has been awesome and old skool, the feuds of Punk and Orton and Rey and Rhodes have been VERY well done.

JeffHCross
03-30-2011, 10:25 PM
Punk/Orton has been well done, I will admit. But yeah, I'm not feeling any of the matches this year. Especially Taker/Trips ... that's not buildup. That's crap, honestly.

JBHuskers
03-31-2011, 08:58 AM
Punk/Orton has been well done, I will admit. But yeah, I'm not feeling any of the matches this year. Especially Taker/Trips ... that's not buildup. That's crap, honestly.

Nah that's not crap, that's old school where not a single punch is thrown until the match, and the build-up has been awesome on that match. Especially last Monday's segment with HBK.

JeffHCross
03-31-2011, 08:12 PM
The Monday segment with HBK was gold, I agree. But that's the only good part about the buildup.

NatureBoy
04-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Sting tells FT he was approached and offered a match with Undertaker, and a place in the Hall of Fame but he turned it down.

“I wouldn’t say it was utter nonsense, that’s not true!” laughs TNA’s champ. “It’s a dream match that fans would want to see. It was close. I’m glad things turned out the way they did.

“There are so many variables. Let’s just say that I turned it down for the same reasons I always have. Some- thing in me never trusted what would happen up there, based entirely on the track record with other WCW guys and everything that went on after Vince bought WCW.

“I wont be watching but I’ll be asking what happened between Under- taker and Triple H.”

JBHuskers
04-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Sting tells FT he was approached and offered a match with Undertaker, and a place in the Hall of Fame but he turned it down.

“I wouldn’t say it was utter nonsense, that’s not true!” laughs TNA’s champ. “It’s a dream match that fans would want to see. It was close. I’m glad things turned out the way they did.

“There are so many variables. Let’s just say that I turned it down for the same reasons I always have. Some- thing in me never trusted what would happen up there, based entirely on the track record with other WCW guys and everything that went on after Vince bought WCW.

“I wont be watching but I’ll be asking what happened between Under- taker and Triple H.”

Yeah basically Sting doesn't want to go on the road. And he's very religious and what happened during the Attitude era totally turned him off from wanting to do anything with the company.

I surely don't get why he's saying he's glad things turned out the way they did....unless they gave him a BOATLOAD of cash....because especially with the Jeff Hardy incident, yeaaaaaah facing Taker @ Wrestlemania is worse than that?

JeffHCross
04-01-2011, 10:54 PM
In theory, he'd equate working for the WWE to be something akin to selling out. So whatever TNA does to/with/for him has got to be better than that, right?

JBHuskers
04-01-2011, 10:59 PM
In theory, he'd equate working for the WWE to be something akin to selling out. So whatever TNA does to/with/for him has got to be better than that, right?

I don't think it's about selling out at all. Two main things, religious beliefs prior....and the way Vince has treated WCW wrestlers the past ten years. Only Chavo Guerrero remains.

JeffHCross
04-01-2011, 11:10 PM
I don't think it's about selling out at all.I didn't mean literally selling out ... just akin to it. I couldn't think of a better description.

Only Chavo Guerrero remains.Rey Mysterio and William Regal. Plus Jericho (kind of) and Big Show if you talk about people that jumped ship.

JBHuskers
04-01-2011, 11:27 PM
I didn't mean literally selling out ... just akin to it. I couldn't think of a better description.
Rey Mysterio and William Regal. Plus Jericho (kind of) and Big Show if you talk about people that jumped ship.

Well I guess I meant since the acquisition....only Chavo remains.

JeffHCross
04-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Well I guess I meant since the acquisition....only Chavo remains.Ah, you're -- part right. I'd forgotten that Regal had been fired before the acquisition. But Rey was still part of WCW until the end.

NatureBoy
04-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Yeah basically Sting doesn't want to go on the road. And he's very religious and what happened during the Attitude era totally turned him off from wanting to do anything with the company.

I surely don't get why he's saying he's glad things turned out the way they did....unless they gave him a BOATLOAD of cash....because especially with the Jeff Hardy incident, yeaaaaaah facing Taker @ Wrestlemania is worse than that? It makes you wonder what goes on in people's head. You would think a pro wrestler would jump at the chance to work a match in the biggest PPV of the year. Plus be given a spot in the HOF.

Sting must have a ton of money or his ego is so big he won't allow himself to work for WWE. There's nothing TNA could offer to replace those two things IMO.

JeffHCross
04-02-2011, 11:42 PM
Sting must have a ton of money or his ego is so big he won't allow himself to work for WWE. There's nothing TNA could offer to replace those two things IMO.Ego implies that he thinks he's better than _____. I think he just has a really, really bad view of the WWE. Given some of the things that were done in the Attitude era, and Steve Borden's religious views, I can see where the two would conflict.

jaymo76
04-03-2011, 02:06 PM
It makes you wonder what goes on in people's head. You would think a pro wrestler would jump at the chance to work a match in the biggest PPV of the year. Plus be given a spot in the HOF.

Sting must have a ton of money or his ego is so big he won't allow himself to work for WWE. There's nothing TNA could offer to replace those two things IMO.

Hey I respect the guy for standing by his choice. He has principles that he will NOT violate. WWE has screwed over a lot of people and this is Sting's way for standing up for what he believes is right. Good on 'em!

JBHuskers
04-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Can't wait for tonight!

HuskerBlitz
04-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Waiting for the Youtube highlights of the Undertaker-Triple H match.

JBHuskers
04-03-2011, 11:14 PM
Wrestlemania was good but not great. Glad the Miz retained, but I bet the Raw GM makes a rematch Monday and Cena wins...just my gut feeling. Trips/Taker was the best match of the night, Orton/Punk 2nd....the whole night just didn't have a big game feel to it.

JBHuskers
04-04-2011, 12:12 PM
Vince loves to alter reality :D

WWE claims the previous attendance record at the Georgia Dome for an entertainment event was set by The Backstreet Boys, which attracted 65,658 fans on February 19, 2000. WWE's statement is false as according to a 2009 article on Billboard.com, that particular Backstreet Boys concert drew 73,337, not 65,658.

CLW
04-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Wow sounds like a pretty underwhelming WM night. I used to watch the WWF religiously back during the Attitude Era including all PPVs. I think from late 96-02 I don't think I missed a single PPV. Since 02 its been a slow steady decline in viewership for me and I turn it on every once in a blue moon now and just cannot get into it.

SmoothPancakes
04-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Wow sounds like a pretty underwhelming WM night. I used to watch the WWF religiously back during the Attitude Era including all PPVs. I think from late 96-02 I don't think I missed a single PPV. Since 02 its been a slow steady decline in viewership for me and I turn it on every once in a blue moon now and just cannot get into it.

Same here. During the Attitude Era, I watched it every time it was on, and even went to one or two local house shows with a couple of friends. Now since about 2002, 2003, I watched it less and less and rarely watch it anymore. Just not the same to me anymore.

CLW
04-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Same here. During the Attitude Era, I watched it every time it was on, and even went to one or two local house shows with a couple of friends. Now since about 2002, 2003, I watched it less and less and rarely watch it anymore. Just not the same to me anymore.

LMAO I think I went to 3-5 Raws (St. Louis; Cincinatti; Louisville and Nashville).

I actually got to go to some "memorable" shows/events:

#1 Went to the Monday Night Raw (i think it was in St. Louis) the night after Owen Hart died at the PPV.

#2 I went to Judgement Day PPV (Main Event = Rock v. HHH Iron Man Match special guest ref HBK). Undertaker returned and choked slammed HHH (and DX) and HBK DQ'd Rock giving the title to HHH.

#3 I also went to the debut Monday Night Raw for Val Venus. I seem to recall it being his debut anyways. I think that one was in Nashville.

JBHuskers
04-04-2011, 02:48 PM
:D

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/oneofthosedaysp1.gif

JBHuskers
04-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Poor kid :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed_zzpwydu0

NatureBoy
04-04-2011, 06:34 PM
LMAO I think I went to 3-5 Raws (St. Louis; Cincinatti; Louisville and Nashville).

I actually got to go to some "memorable" shows/events:

#1 Went to the Monday Night Raw (i think it was in St. Louis) the night after Owen Hart died at the PPV.

#2 I went to Judgement Day PPV (Main Event = Rock v. HHH Iron Man Match special guest ref HBK). Undertaker returned and choked slammed HHH (and DX) and HBK DQ'd Rock giving the title to HHH.

#3 I also went to the debut Monday Night Raw for Val Venus. I seem to recall it being his debut anyways. I think that one was in Nashville. I was at WCW Monday Nitro the day after Owen Hart was killed in the tragic accident at the PPV. It is something I will never forget.

JeffHCross
04-04-2011, 08:12 PM
I was at WCW Monday Nitro the day after Owen Hart was killed in the tragic accident at the PPV. It is something I will never forget.Hell, I just watched it, and I'll never forget it.

JeffHCross
04-04-2011, 08:28 PM
JR: "Break the hold ... c'mon, break the hold. You're gonna break the man's ankle! Break the damn ... break it, damnit!"

By the end of that, I was thinking of the Joker's line from Dark Knight: "Very poor choice of words".

JeffHCross
04-04-2011, 10:16 PM
A year of this shit. :smh:

JBHuskers
04-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Presale tickets for May 30th Raw in 8 minutes. Going to try to get opposite main camera at ringside. Maybe bring a www.thegamingtailgate.com sign? :D

NatureBoy
04-07-2011, 03:03 PM
World Wrestling Entertainment to get a makeover.

The entertainment company has shortened its name to WWE and has plans to expand through acquisitions, create its own cable channel and sell its production expertise.

By Joe Flint, Los Angeles Times

April 7, 2011

Vince McMahon is taking the wrestling out of World Wrestling Entertainment Inc.

No, this isn't an outrageous plot the colorful impresario has cooked up for his wrestlers to act out in front of thousands of screaming fans. McMahon, the chairman and chief executive of WWE, wants to give the company a makeover, starting with the name. From now on WWE will no longer stand for World Wrestling Entertainment. It will just be WWE, plain and simple.

"I think every brand has to re-create itself," he said. "I want everyone to look at us in a vastly different way than they have."

To do that, McMahon plans to go on a spending spree to acquire media assets that could expand WWE's business beyond the ring. In particular, he said, WWE is targeting companies involved in production, live entertainment and branding.

"It is a logical broadening of what we already do," McMahon said in an interview.

Neither McMahon nor Chief Financial Officer George Barrios would say how big of an investment WWE intends to make on acquisitions. The company, which made $53.5 million in 2010 on revenue of $477.7 million and has cash flow of $94 million, has very little debt on its books and about $69.8 million in cash.

"To me, it is anything that is out there," McMahon said, adding, "We can take on a ton of debt."

Besides hunting for acquisitions, WWE is moving ahead with long-talked-about plans to create its own cable network for its vast library of wrestling fare. The company has been meeting with distributors including Verizon and hopes to get a channel launched in 2012.

McMahon also wants to start marketing WWE's expertise in producing live events.

"No one does television production better than we do, it's damn near the Olympics," McMahon said in his customary rasp after an afternoon rehearsing for a taping of one of WWE's shows. "We know more about live event touring than anyone in the United States." The company puts on about 300 shows annually.

The moves come as WWE looks to rebound from a tough end to 2010 that saw attendance at its events and pay-per-view revenue both drop 15% in the fourth quarter. The declines were blamed on the economy, although WWE probably didn't help matters by raising prices at a time when its core audience was feeling the pinch.

While ratings for its shows including "Raw" and "SmackDown" are still strong, WWE is also trying to restock its roaster with A-list talent to replace some key performers who have retired or are phasing out their ring activity including Shawn Michaels, Dave Batista, Chris Jericho, Mark "The Undertaker" Calaway and McMahon's son-in-law Paul "Triple H" Levesque. WWE recently coaxed former star Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to come back next year to take on John Cena.

"I think it is very obvious that they need to do something," Hudson Square Research managing director Marla Backer said of the company's plans. "Clearly, their prospects in terms of growth are limited if they stick to their knitting."

Not everyone embraces WWE's desire to move beyond the wrestling mat.

"I think that the most important thing right now is the return of the health of the core business," said Jay Kaplan, portfolio manager for Royce & Associates, which holds about 9% of WWE stock. "One of the market's big concerns is are they losing market share to real fighting," Kaplan added, referring to mixed martial arts and ultimate fighting.

This is not the first time WWE has tried to expand beyond its core. Several years ago it partnered with NBC to launch the XFL, a springtime football league that died after just one season. A restaurant in Times Square also flopped. McMahon said he's learned his lesson from those follies and will stick to the entertainment business.

More recently, WWE embarked on the movie business, financing low-budget genre films that often feature its own talent and quickly wind up on DVD.

None have been smash hits, but the film unit is eking out a small profit. It has made money for the last three years, although last year's take was a mere $400,000. Initially, WWE's movies were more action-oriented, but the company is attempting to broaden its slate to include family fare. It's next release, "That's What I Am," starring Ed Harris and Amy Madigan in a coming-of-age story about a student and teacher battling prejudice in the 1960s, premieres in theaters April 29.

Some analysts wonder whether WWE wants to grow to position itself for an eventual sale. There are very few independent programmers left, and with its healthy balance sheet WWE might be attractive to one of the bigger media companies. Also, McMahon is 65, and although he's still going strong, there hasn't been a clear heir apparent since his wife, Linda, resigned as chief executive in 2009 to pursue a political career.

At the moment, McMahon, who with his family is controlling shareholder, doesn't sound like a seller.

"We're very independent-minded," he said. "I don't see that happening."

JBHuskers
04-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Who remembers watching this :D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcBOB_xGW5I

JBHuskers
04-09-2011, 11:51 AM
And Trips talking about it on Opie and Anthony:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2v7pFpe76c

JBHuskers
04-09-2011, 12:19 PM
One of my favorite matches of all-time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3vigtYbmqY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUFQK5N2yzE

JeffHCross
04-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Watching the Saturday Raw re-broadcast on Universal HD, and they just showed a World Wildlife Fund ad. Too funny.

NatureBoy
04-09-2011, 07:45 PM
From TMZ:

Wrestler Hospitalized After Strange Performance

4/9/2011 11:55 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Former wrestling legend Scott Hall (or Razor Ramon, as he was once known) was hospitalized after a low-rent wrestling event in Massachusetts during which he clearly was not all with it.

A rep for Hall tells TMZ he is currently in the hospital being treated for cardiac issues. The rep says Hall will be in the hospital for at least three more days while doctors check him out.

The rep says doctors are looking into the various meds Hall is taking -- 10 in all, for various ailments.

Hall's appearance at a Top Rope Promotions event last night was sketchy to say the least -- he looked clearly out of it the entire time and it took him 10 minutes, with the help of a few police officer, just to leave the ring.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su8cbULm1bI&feature=player_embedded

JeffHCross
04-09-2011, 08:10 PM
I'm honestly surprised that he hasn't died yet.

NatureBoy
04-25-2011, 01:34 PM
The 2011 WWE Draft is tonight on Monday Night Raw.

JBHuskers
04-25-2011, 01:38 PM
The 2011 WWE Draft is tonight on Monday Night Raw.

Rumor has it that Miz is going to Smackdown and Del Rio is coming to Raw. I hope Miz stays on Raw, maybe move Orton to Smackdown to replace Edge as a top face. I dunno. Always love draft time though, it's usually in June, but due to Edge's sudden retirement, WWE was forced to take action.

JBHuskers
04-25-2011, 01:42 PM
My guess is 10 picks will move, 5 to Raw, 5 to Smackdown.

To Raw
Undertaker
Alberto Del Rio
Rey Mysterio
Cody Rhodes
Beth Phoenix

To Smackdown
Randy Orton
R-Truth
John Morrison
Ted DiBiase
Eve Torres

jaymo76
04-25-2011, 06:38 PM
I saw Hulk Hogan on TNA awhile back. How does he use that name in TNA? I thought a few years back when his wife screwed (literally and figuratively) him over and he went back to Vince that Hulk signed over all his licensing rights for a ton of cash? Was that not the case???

NatureBoy
04-26-2011, 12:26 PM
MAJOR NAME SAID TO BE EYEING WWE EXIT, COMPLETE DETAILS by Mike Johnson

As we initially reported last night in the PWInsider.com Elite section, former WWE World champion CM Punk has not signed a new WWE deal and there's been a lot of talk that Punk is looking to exit the company when his deal expires in a few months.

Internally, that possibility has been discussed for some time but during the European tour, discussion of Punk's exit came more and more to the forefront.

According to WWE sources, Punk has been offered a new long-term deal but has balked at signing, citing burnout with being on the road for years and unhappiness with his position in the company over the last year.

As one source pointed out, Punk has been something of an "Iron Man" for the company, working full-time on the road with the exception of his hip injury needing to be rehabbed last year. At the same time, despite delivering with whatever was handed to him creatively, Punk has watched as other talents developed since he debuted ended up pushed as bigger names and treated as more important than Punk, including Miz and Alberto Del Rio.

"When you look at how the company brands it's characters, Punk is never among the top 5-8 names that are promoted or pushed," said the WWE office source. "It's Cena, Orton, Miz, Undertaker, Rey, now Alberto, etc. these days and Punk is sort of floating right under there. He didn't fit into the youth drive a few months back but he's not treated like a top veteran either. He's just there, doing his job and while everyone knows he delivers, he's never really treated like someone who does. He's never dropped the ball but we don't give it to him really, either. He's treated like a guy, but not THE guy. For a driven guy like him who's made wrestling his entire world, it's got to drive him crazy. Now, the excuse will be don't push Punk because he might be leaving, but the reality is the environment and situation is what is probably making him want to leave to begin with. Either it gets fixed or it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, just like it did when Batista walked out."

As is the norm with such situations, a new deal could be struck at any point, but as more and more sources discuss Punk leaving the company as a distinct possibility, time will tell. We'll have more when we get it.

JBHuskers
04-26-2011, 12:59 PM
That would suck if he left....he's one of my favorites.

NatureBoy
04-26-2011, 07:05 PM
The full draft list from Tuesday

Tuesday draft updates
Daniel Bryan to Smackdown
Jack Swagger to Raw
Great Khali to Smackdown
Jimmy Uso to Smackdown
Kelly Kelly to Raw
JTG to Raw
Alicia Fox to Smackdown
William Regal to Smackdown
Yoshi Tatsu to Smackdown
Drew McIntyre to Raw
Natalya to Smackdown
Curt Hawkins to Raw
Chris Masters to Raw
Jey Uso to Smackdown
Kofi Kingston to Raw
Ted DiBiase to Smackdown
Tyson Kidd to Smackdown
Tamina to Smackdown
Beth Phoenix to Raw
Tyler Reks to Raw
Alex Riley to Smackdown
Sheamus to Smackdown

JeffHCross
04-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Ignoring the above, the Draft results from Monday night are very interesting. If they hadn't "swerved" Cena returning to Raw, I would have said that being drafted to SD practically guaranteed he was going to lose Sunday. Instead, with all three WWE title guys on Raw, and Del Rio also being drafted to Raw, Christian becomes the odds on favorite to win the Big Gold Belt.

Sin Cara to Smackdown and Mysterio to Raw make practically no sense, unless they're looking to continue the Mysterio/Del Rio angle without the distraction of Christian.

I would not at all be surprised if Punk wasn't happy with his position in the company -- only question is where does he go. He has a lot of old contacts at TNA, but not sure what his relationship is with the company. Plus, talk about a move downward.

Regarding the draft list from Tuesday ... wtf. Bryan, Sheamus and Alex Riley to Smackdown with no fanfare? Well, if we needed proof of how close to the main event they're considered, there you go. McIntyre and Swagger to Raw are interesting moves. But honestly, Raw just got a hell of a lot less interesting to me, except I'll get to see Kelly Kelly now. Guess I'll basically stop watching Raw and start watching Smackdown again.

JBHuskers
04-27-2011, 02:24 PM
As we reported this week, RAW superstar CM Punk is said to be unhappy in WWE and is considering leaving the company when his contract expires later this year. Punk is burned out from five years on the road and is not happy with other stars such as The Miz and Alberto Del Rio getting pushed over him.

WWE wants to keep Punk on the roster and have offered him a new longterm deal, which he's yet to sign. It's interesting to note that CM Punk's real-life girlfriend Beth Phoenix was traded to the RAW brand during Tuesday's Supplemental Draft - which could be seen as a move to make life better for Punk on the road.

Punk's possible departure from WWE later this year has been one of the main topics of discussion behind the scenes this week. Punk has been dating Beth Phoenix for the past several months and the two are reportedly a serious couple.

WWE has made roster trades in the past to keep superstar-diva couples together - with the most notable example being Michelle McCool being moved to SmackDown a few years ago so she could travel with her husband, The Undertaker.

JBHuskers
04-28-2011, 12:16 AM
My guesses on who gets an instant boost due to the draft:

1) Cody Rhodes (who I think will get a shot, albeit a brief one at Christian if/when he wins the World Title)

2) Big Show (after Miz retains, Show may get a shot or two at The Miz while Cena possibly could feud with Del Rio leading up to Miz/Cena or Miz/Del Rio at SummerSlam)

3) JTG (gets a boost right out to future endeavored land)

4) Ted DiBiase (a change is going to have to do him good, he'll have the US belt sometime this year)

I also think they will pair up A-Ri with a freshly heel'd Mark Henry...I would love to see a Sin Cara / Yoshi match...Daniel Bryan and Sheamus can continue their fued...I'm guessing WWE creative is going to have Orton feud with The Corre to try to establish more credibility with that stable.

I am also thinking that Swagger and McIntyre may become a tag team to take the titles off Big Show and Kane now that they are on separate shows.

JBHuskers
04-28-2011, 12:16 AM
I have to admit, I did pretty well on my draft predictions :)

CLW
04-28-2011, 06:50 PM
I have to admit, I did pretty well on my draft predictions :)

I never got the "Draft" thing. IMHO there are better ways to have guys switch rosters/brands than some fake lottery show.

JBHuskers
04-29-2011, 01:23 AM
I never got the "Draft" thing. IMHO there are better ways to have guys switch rosters/brands than some fake lottery show.

Agreed...I love the draft night...but at the same time, from the Rumble til Wrestlemania, brands don't matter.

CLW
04-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Agreed...I love the draft night...but at the same time, from the Rumble til Wrestlemania, brands don't matter.

Actually the whole "brands" thing has never made much sense to me either. Initially they were supposed to "compete" against each other but obviously they aren't as they are the same product.

IMHO, they would be better to just go back to WWE w/o the two "brands" and have the following titles:

#1 - World Champion
#2 - Intercontinental Champion
#3 - U.S. Champion
#4 - Tag Team Champions
#5 - Light Weight Champion
#6 - Woman's Champion

If you really felt like you needed another belt to push a guy you could bring back the European Championship I suppose.

JBHuskers
04-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Actually the whole "brands" thing has never made much sense to me either. Initially they were supposed to "compete" against each other but obviously they aren't as they are the same product.

IMHO, they would be better to just go back to WWE w/o the two "brands" and have the following titles:

#1 - World Champion
#2 - Intercontinental Champion
#3 - U.S. Champion
#4 - Tag Team Champions
#5 - Light Weight Champion
#6 - Woman's Champion

If you really felt like you needed another belt to push a guy you could bring back the European Championship I suppose.

I always thought the intention of two separate brands was for Vince to have two completely separate entities; which also never turned out the way it was. I think separate brands is cool for mid-carders, but have main eventers cross over here and there (kinda like they do at Rumble time to Wrestlemania)...I wouldn't mind seeing that all-year.

JeffHCross
04-29-2011, 10:51 PM
The original idea was for one show to be WWE and the other to be WCW. But when the Invasion bombed, that idea didn't take shape. Then the second plan was to have two totally separate brands with separate travel schedules. Which they do, to some extent. It's become a lot less in the last couple years, and I'd imagine it will continue to decrease for some time. I think back when the brands idea was originally started, they still had Heat and one other lower-card show, so you had two shows for each brand. With Smackdown and Raw being the only programming now, there's a lot less televised shows.

All of this is why I really don't understand the hype last week over Beth Phoenix being moved to Raw to travel with Punk. As near as I can tell, the two brands practically travel together all the time now -- except maybe the Divas. Sure seems like there's a ton of SD! on Raw, at least.

souljahbill
04-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Where is Norman Smiley?

JBHuskers
04-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Where is Norman Smiley?

I know you miss The Wiggle.

souljahbill
04-30-2011, 07:21 PM
I know you miss The Wiggle.
He basically wrestled in Speedos. He was awesome.

JBHuskers
05-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Good to see Christian FINALLY become a champion in the WWE.

JBHuskers
05-01-2011, 11:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qdvM6bgFUQ

JBHuskers
05-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Good to see Christian FINALLY become a champion in the WWE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgr8k3soK6I

souljahbill
05-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Is Christian the champ as a favor to Edge? Seems kinda convenient that Edge's best friend is the champ now.

JBHuskers
05-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Is Christian the champ as a favor to Edge? Seems kinda convenient that Edge's best friend is the champ now.

It could be...but at the same time, Christian has worked hard and deserved it.

souljahbill
05-02-2011, 07:55 PM
It could be...but at the same time, Christian has worked hard and deserved it.

Don't get me wrong, I've always liked Christian (moreso then Edge) but Edge retires and Christian is the first to take his belt? Hmmmm..........

JeffHCross
05-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Well, when they decided to move Del Rio to Monday Nights, it was clearly done to clear the way for Christian to win. Whether or not it was done as a favor to Edge, it's a smart move. He's been a pseudo-main event-er for a long time.

JBHuskers
05-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Smackdown spoiler:

Christian loses the title ALREADY to Orton....

What. The. Fuck.

jaymo76
05-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Smackdown spoiler:

Christian loses the title ALREADY to Orton....

What. The. Fuck.

Turn back the clock to the 80's... have a champion be a champion for a LONG period of time. I hate these short reigns and these 10x champions... stupid IMO!

JBHuskers
05-04-2011, 12:02 AM
Turn back the clock to the 80's... have a champion be a champion for a LONG period of time. I hate these short reigns and these 10x champions... stupid IMO!

Yeah it will definitely cheapen the record if Vince decides to push someone past Flair's record.

psuexv
05-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Maybe not only the best finishing move ever but definitely the most animated when he tells you it's coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asZxGvtpn_U

JBHuskers
05-04-2011, 12:06 PM
I would do unspeakable things to his wife...

psuexv
05-04-2011, 12:32 PM
FYI they are divorced.... did you know she was in the 40 year old Virgin - Also in 2005's movie, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, she was in the 'Date-A-Palooza' scene as Carol, the woman whose breast fell out of her shirt while she was talking.

psuexv
05-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Wow - she doesn't look as good anymore - http://www.break.com/usercontent/2006/9/12/first-date-boob-so-you-dont-have-to-152738

JBHuskers
05-05-2011, 12:53 PM
Look who showed up at TNA ....

http://bit.ly/l7jZai

NatureBoy
05-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Wow - she doesn't look as good anymore - http://www.break.com/usercontent/2006/9/12/first-date-boob-so-you-dont-have-to-152738:drool: :nod: I would suck her tits like a new born baby nursing for the first time.

NatureBoy
05-05-2011, 09:32 PM
:down: :mad: To begin with, as we exclusively reported several days ago, Randy Orton is set to become the focal point of the Smackdown brand, and the entire Friday night show will be centered around him from both a marketing and creative standpoint. Orton's position on Smackdown can be compared to John Cena's position on Raw, as WWE looks at both talents as the creative centers of their respective brands.

Additionally, we were told that Christian's title win at Extreme Rules was done not so much as a "well deserved win for Christian," but much more so that a big moment could be made for Edge at the PPV. "Vince [McMahon] could smell, touch and taste a moment between Edge and Christian celebrating on PPV, and that's the major reason why Christian was awarded the title." This dispels any conspiracy theories that Christian was awarded the title to keep it on Smackdown, as we were told it would have been very easy for WWE to throw a third party into the Extreme Rules match which would have kept the title off Christian and still on Smackdown.

As to the question of why WWE stripped Christian of the title so shortly after his win at Extreme Rules, WZ was told that no one in WWE with any kind of influence values Christian as a top money draw for the company. Christian is well liked, and is considered, as we were told, "a reliable hand," but when it comes to being a top player in WWE, Vince McMahon has absolutely no faith in him.

Brian Gewirtz, who is the head writer on Raw, and also oversees the entire writing staff in general, which means he does have influence on the direction of Smackdown, is said to be a big supporter of Christian, but other than him, there appears to be no other members of WWE's top brass that consider Christian to be a major player. And yet, we're told by our key WWE insider that even Gewirtz wouldn't speak up for Christian as a top draw. "Brian knows Christian is a very entertaining wrestler," we were told, "but even he knows Christian should not be the number one guy on either brand."

As we said, however, Christian is still considered to be a quality worker and a reliable hand for WWE, and we were even told that a possible producer/agent position might be available for him when his wrestling days are over, but as far as Christian ever working at the top of a WWE brand, that seems to be a very unlikely possibility.

JeffHCross
05-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Yeah it will definitely cheapen the record if Vince decides to push someone past Flair's record.Flair's record isn't cheap yet, but any position past #1 on that list is already cheap. You said it yourself that Miz was the first 100+ day champion in WWE in years. When HHH and Edge are both in double-digits in championships, and with Cena darn close, I can't help but feel it's already horribly cheap.

Edge has over twice the number of WWE World Title reigns as Bret Hart. Trips has nearly 3x. Wtf.

( Even as a WCW fan, I refuse to count Bret Hart's WCW title reigns. They were total jokes -- which is pretty much part of the problem in WWE too. )

JBHuskers
05-06-2011, 08:37 AM
I wasn't saying Flair's record is cheap, but if someone beats it ... that cheapens the record.

In regards to Bret Hart....imagine being in the Hogan era. There are HALL OF FAMERS that never held the title :D

CLW
05-06-2011, 09:20 AM
It is what it is folks. The current 30 second title era is sort of like the steroid era of baseball. You have to appreciate the good wrestlers from different time periods and realize that times were different back in the day. WWE is just mirroring society which has the attention span of a nat. I can imagine how "boring" people would find it if Cena or some other Super Star held the belt for as long as Hogan did.

JBHuskers
05-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Well it's never great when a face holds the belt for a long time. It's more interesting when the heel makes a long run and faces stuggle to take it away from them.

JeffHCross
05-06-2011, 11:01 PM
I wasn't saying Flair's record is cheap, but if someone beats it ... that cheapens the record.That's actually what I meant too. I meant "the record that Flair currently holds" -- as in the entire "who's had the most" record.

But that was totally redundant with what I said next -- so it really doesn't make sense. I think that was an instance where I started to reply and then had another train of thought.

jaymo76
05-07-2011, 03:58 PM
I wasn't saying Flair's record is cheap, but if someone beats it ... that cheapens the record.

In regards to Bret Hart....imagine being in the Hogan era. There are HALL OF FAMERS that never held the title :D

The one guy I will always feel bad for is Bret Hart. After the royal screw job he got from Vince at Summerslam in Montreal (in his own country), followed, by Owen's death, his divorce, his stroke, not to mention the concussion from Goldberg and the years of trauma. I was glad to see Vince sort of addressed it, but still Bret's experience shows how cruel this business (and the WWE) is.

souljahbill
05-07-2011, 05:11 PM
The one guy I will always feel bad for is Bret Hart. After the royal screw job he got from Vince at Summerslam in Montreal (in his own country), followed, by Owen's death, his divorce, his stroke, not to mention the concussion from Goldberg and the years of trauma. I was glad to see Vince sort of addressed it, but still Bret's experience shows how cruel this business (and the WWE) is.

He had a stroke? Wow!

jaymo76
05-07-2011, 05:32 PM
He had a stroke? Wow!

Yeah, for awhile he was partially paralysed. It was a bad streak for him.

JeffHCross
05-07-2011, 09:21 PM
He had a stroke? Wow!
Yep.

On June 24, 2002, Bret Hart suffered a stroke after hitting his head in a bicycle accident. The Calgary Herald reported that Hart hit a pothole, flew over the handlebars of the bike, and landed on the back of his head. Hart suffered total paralysis on his left side, which required months of physical therapy. Hart has since recovered much of his mobility and is in good health, although he suffers from an emotional imbalance and other lasting effects common to stroke survivors. Hart wrote in detail about his stroke in his autobiography, Hitman: My Real Life In The Cartoon World of Wrestling.

JeffHCross
05-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Just caught up with Smackdown from Friday. Anyone who can watch the way that main event was worked and not say that Christian is a main event candidate is crazy. Granted, it was against Randy, but that crowd was so into that match -- amazing.

JBHuskers
05-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Just caught up with Smackdown from Friday. Anyone who can watch the way that main event was worked and not say that Christian is a main event candidate is crazy. Granted, it was against Randy, but that crowd was so into that match -- amazing.

Too me, it is a small step back for a HUGE step forward for Christian. I think this will elevate him as a heel. I have read that they are basically going to treat Orton on Smackdown like Cena on Raw, he'll be the face of the show. But I would expect Christian to hold the title once more this year.

JeffHCross
05-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Yeah, the real question is where do they take Christian next. He's been such a good face for so long ... and, honestly, he wasn't a very good heel in my eyes. If they can actually make him a good heel, it would be a very good run for him.

JBHuskers
05-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Yeah, the real question is where do they take Christian next. He's been such a good face for so long ... and, honestly, he wasn't a very good heel in my eyes. If they can actually make him a good heel, it would be a very good run for him.

I'll disagree, I think he was a great heel, especially in his feud with Cena.

JeffHCross
05-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Raw was just showing a video of Christian's loss on Friday. They chose to use NFL Films music (the one usually associated with a team winning the Super Bowl) when they showed Randy hitting the RKO and leaving with the belt.

Interesting touch.

JBHuskers
05-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Randy Savage died in a car accident today :(

Had a heart attack behind the wheel.

RIP

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slideshows/244/slideshow_24461/display_image.jpg?x=361637

JBHuskers
05-20-2011, 12:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXHlO_f_Uqc

hawkeyeguy
05-20-2011, 02:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC58TAVprS4

jaymo76
05-24-2011, 01:09 AM
Great to see Brett Hart in the ring again tonight, even if it was in a minor role. Seeing the sharp shooter always brings back memories of watching midnight wrestling when I was a kid... good times!

Nothingface
05-28-2011, 08:22 AM
Sin Caras matches are awkward.

DariusLock
05-28-2011, 10:50 AM

WWE toned down all the high flying and now they bring in this guy and no one knows how
to wrestle with him cause they are stuck in the just brawling days.

JBHuskers
05-30-2011, 12:26 PM
...why you don't post stuff on Twitter, and then delete it because you don't think anyone saw it. SOMEONE WILL ALWAYS HAVE SEEN IT :D

Vickie Guerrero remarked last Thursday on her Facebook account that her boyfriend, who was also her personal trainer, cheated on her.

She wrote the status update in response to her friends' hearsay. A heated Guerrero wrote:

"Enough of the private messages, of he said/she said!!! Im going to set things straight!! I am single now and it was my decision! (name withheld)...aka trainer/"boyfriend" was cheating on me with (name withheld). I was disgusted to know that she is married with kids! Been there, lived it before, and I am done with that bullshit...period!"

She deleted the message a short while later.

JBHuskers
05-30-2011, 12:26 PM

WWE toned down all the high flying and now they bring in this guy and no one knows how
to wrestle with him cause they are stuck in the just brawling days.

And since no one knows how to wrestle with him, there are a lot of botched spots in his matches.

I heard they signed another Mexican luchador to wrestle with him.

Sinister
06-01-2011, 11:45 AM
I thought the Karma story was cool, I looked it up cause I thought it was a written story, but it was all true. Actually she pretty beasty. She'll be a good addition next year .

Nothingface
06-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Was there ever any backstage reports on McMahons thoughts of Wrestlemania 27? The event was so bad....i'd kill to know what he honestly thought.

NatureBoy
06-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Wrestling icon Hulk Hogan is launching a legal battle against a rival for spewing a series of blatant lies about the star.

James Hellwig, better known as The Ultimate Warrior, has been carrying on a bitter personal feud with Hogan for years, but he recently upset the Hulk by posting a short video, in which he verbally attacks the fighter, online.

In the rant he calls Hogan a "liar, a fraud and a phony" and a cocaine-abusing "dope head".

And Hellwig warns the footage, which was uploaded on Tuesday, is simply a snippet of an hour-long "full-blown uncensored shoot" against Hogan he plans to release on 17 June.

Hogan is furious and plans to take his rival to court over the allegations, insisting the comments are completely false.

He tells TMZ.com, "None of that ever happened. This guy is out of his mind."

JeffHCross
06-08-2011, 10:52 PM
I want to see Hellwig on the stand. :nod:

JBHuskers
06-12-2011, 12:24 PM
While WWE has yet to release the buy number for last month's Over the Limit pay-per-view event, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that the show is estimated to have garnered 65,000 buys in the United States (based on trending patterns as well as actual cable reports).

Should this number hold up, it would be WWE's least watched pay-per-view event in nearly five years. The 2006 pay-per-view event December to Dismember drew approximately 90,000 pay-per-view buys, with 55,000 of them domestic—the lowest buyrate in company history.

JBHuskers
06-12-2011, 07:11 PM

-- CM Punk retweeted the following message on his Twitter account slamming WWE's creative braintrust regarding tomorrow night's Raw:

"Why does something tell me that even though @WWE will have @steveaustinBSR and @CMPunk under the same roof tomorrow, they'll fuck it up."

jaymo76
06-12-2011, 08:27 PM
While WWE has yet to release the buy number for last month's Over the Limit pay-per-view event, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that the show is estimated to have garnered 65,000 buys in the United States (based on trending patterns as well as actual cable reports).

Should this number hold up, it would be WWE's least watched pay-per-view event in nearly five years. The 2006 pay-per-view event December to Dismember drew approximately 90,000 pay-per-view buys, with 55,000 of them domestic—the lowest buyrate in company history.

I used to love watching WCW and WWF battle it out for top product. Without any real rival, WWE is stuck in the mud. I only watch a match here and there every month or so. I used to watch RAW and WCW every MONDAY back in the late 90's and early 2000's.

JBHuskers
06-12-2011, 08:42 PM
I used to love watching WCW and WWF battle it out for top product. Without any real rival, WWE is stuck in the mud. I only watch a match here and there every month or so. I used to watch RAW and WCW every MONDAY back in the late 90's and early 2000's.

There is TNA, but their writing is even worse.

I will still watch Raw every week, and Smackdown when I can (taped kinda kills it for me when I can see the results on Tuesday).....this time of year (after WM) is the worst as it seems like creative takes the rest of the year off til Rumble.

JeffHCross
06-12-2011, 09:49 PM
it seems like creative takes the rest of the year off til Rumble.And this year's Rumble-to-Wrestlemania run wasn't even that creative.

JBHuskers
06-12-2011, 10:46 PM
And this year's Rumble-to-Wrestlemania run wasn't even that creative.

It wasn't bad....wasn't great, but still had some good feuds.

Nothingface
06-12-2011, 11:44 PM
Remember when PPV's meant something? 4 a year and they had exciting buildup.

JBHuskers
06-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Remember when PPV's meant something? 4 a year and they had exciting buildup.

Yep. Then they started going downhill with those "In Your House" PPV's that were about half the price. Then once people bought those, they realized they could charge full price once a month, sometimes every three weeks...which is ridiculous. 13 or 14 PPV's in a year is what they have now....

souljahbill
06-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble, SummerSlam, and Survivor Series are the only PPVs I remember the WWF having.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothingface
06-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Yeah I remember the in your houses ppv's. Man, WWE was really lacking talent during this period which really made them ppv's a bust.

NatureBoy
06-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Hustler Sued Over Pics Of Wrestler's Dead Wife.

ATLANTA -- A federal judge in Atlanta has limited the penalty against Hustler Magazine to $375,000 for publishing the decades-old nude photographs of the wife of a professional wrestler.
U.S. District Court Judge Thomas Thrash signed off on the award Friday in a case brought by the family of Nancy Benoit, the wife of wrestler Chris Benoit.
Thrash's order overturned a nearly $20 million verdict awarded by a jury to Benoit's family. He said the jury award cannot exceed Georgia's cap on punitive damages.
The photos were published after Chris Benoit killed his wife and his young son before committing suicide in 2007.
Nancy Benoit's family sued Hustler's publisher, claiming that the woman had asked the photographer to destroy the images immediately after they were shot.

jaymo76
06-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble, SummerSlam, and Survivor Series are the only PPVs I remember the WWF having.

Still remember watching Royal Rumbles back in the late 90's... good times.

JBHuskers
06-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Holy shit :D

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg736/scaled.php?tn=0&server=736&filename=lkw.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

SmoothPancakes
06-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Oh yeah, he wasn't juicing. :D

JBHuskers
06-27-2011, 01:56 PM
The wheel for Raw Roulette tonight :fp:

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/uploads/1/20110627_rawroulette_tunein.jpg

For those that don't know....the wheel segments are taped so they land the way "creative" wants them to. Judging by some of the options on this wheel, Raw could REALLY suck tonight.

JBHuskers
06-28-2011, 01:05 AM
Okay I'm glad I said that Raw could really suck tonight. I have been watching Raw damn near every single Monday for at least 13 years. Last night's Raw was one of the best pieces of WWE programming in years.

JBHuskers
06-28-2011, 01:06 AM
The reason why everyone is buzzing about RAW tonight.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OS9wZGb_3g

Edited for a better version of the video.

Sinister
06-29-2011, 09:26 AM
I got bored with Raw monday had no idea that happened. Dang CM Punk going off trying to pull all the cards. I'm guessing we won't see him on raw next week. He's kinda going the Stone Cold route too, funny he has his t-shirt on. I hope they really don't lose CM i do like him and he is right he doesn't get promoted like he should, yet koffie and Sin Cara which two people I really can't stand. Also cody rhodes and the facemask crap is dumb too.

JBHuskers
06-29-2011, 09:32 AM
I got bored with Raw monday had no idea that happened. Dang CM Punk going off trying to pull all the cards. I'm guessing we won't see him on raw next week. He's kinda going the Stone Cold route too, funny he has his t-shirt on. I hope they really don't lose CM i do like him and he is right he doesn't get promoted like he should, yet koffie and Sin Cara which two people I really can't stand. Also cody rhodes and the facemask crap is dumb too.

I think he will lose to Cena, take a few months off and come back before the Rumble. It was funny when Paul Heyman did the shoot with Vince in the ring back in 2001 or so, he was wearing a Stone Cold hat.

NatureBoy
06-30-2011, 06:07 AM
Randy Orton did a radio interview yesterday and basically called Kelly Kelly a slut:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRxM2NZ1qzc&feature=player_embedded

Now he's apologizing on Twitter:

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5648/ortonkk.jpg

JeffHCross
07-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Watching the new "Best of Monday Nitro" DVD. It could have definitely been better, but it's an entertaining look back, overall.

One weird thing though is they replaced Goldberg's music in any scene involving his entrance. I'm impressed that they were able to do that, that means they either did it very painstakingly or they had separate audio tracks still available. But it's jarring when I realized it's not the right music.

NatureBoy
07-04-2011, 09:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZuRjgE19HfM

Punk called a fan a homo and said they have a vagina. In the tender feelings world in which we live in, i'm sure he will be in a lot of trouble over his comments.

JBHuskers
07-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Sources within WWE have exclusively revealed that WWE Chairman Vince McMahon and Triple H are said to be very angry at talent relations executive John Laurinaitis over his failure to re-sign CM Punk. We have been told the heat on Laurinaitis is serious because this is seen as his second serious failure this year, with the failure to keep Chris Jericho on the roster falling on Laurinaitis’ shoulders as well.

hawkeyeguy
07-06-2011, 11:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJYIHK7GNW0&feature=related

See if you can recognize some of these WWE stars before they were stars

JBHuskers
07-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Very curious the direction this goes at the PPV on the 17th....

- After John Cena defeated CM Punk in the main event of the WWE live event in Brisbane yesterday, Punk took the mic and put over Cena, showing respect. Punk then started talking about The Rock, saying that while Rock is off filming movies, Cena is here in sickness and health performing for the WWE Universe. Punk and Cena shook hands before he left.

Cena then spoke, also putting over Punk and showing respect. Cena called Punk the best wrestler in WWE right now and said their Money in the Bank match will be the match of the year. Even bigger than he and The Rock at WrestleMania, he said.

JBHuskers
07-06-2011, 05:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJYIHK7GNW0&feature=related

See if you can recognize some of these WWE stars before they were stars

Hell they were part of Evolution at this time I think....they were pretty much stars at this point after Orton turned heel and Batista was finally done with that stupid angle they started him out with when they broke up the Dudleys.....the funny part of all this was this was the point that Goldust developed Tourette's :D

umhester04
07-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Found a website that you can watch basically any old RAW Smackdown or PPV. Razor Ramon is the best character in WWF history...YEAH I SAID IT.....HEY YO!

souljahbill
07-09-2011, 08:01 AM
Sources within WWE have exclusively revealed that WWE Chairman Vince McMahon and Triple H are said to be very angry at talent relations executive John Laurinaitis over his failure to re-sign CM Punk. We have been told the heat on Laurinaitis is serious because this is seen as his second serious failure this year, with the failure to keep Chris Jericho on the roster falling on Laurinaitis’ shoulders as well.

It's awesome that Triple H is running stuff. He was my favorite wrestler throughout the "Attitude" era. I couldn't watch it anymore after The Rock, Stone Cold, and Kurt Angle left though. Those 4 made Monday nights "must-see-tv" for me throughout college.

NatureBoy
07-10-2011, 10:07 PM
What is everyone's thought's on The Joker version of Sting? I must be in the minority. I think it's silly as whale crap but the rest of the world seems to be eating it up. I know the gimmick was past played out but I always prefered The Crow version of Sting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6BuRqrburg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SqK93s5VIc

JBHuskers
07-10-2011, 10:15 PM
I personally prefer the 80's neon version of Sting.

JeffHCross
07-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Gawd ... I was reading up on some TNA stuff and actually considered watching it for all of five minutes. Then I saw that and have no interest to watch TNA ... ever.

That's horrible.

And it's also obvious that the last original Sting gimmick he had was the 80's version ... though that could hardly be called original.

baseballplyrmvp
07-10-2011, 10:55 PM
tna is terrible but the only reason i watch it is for velvet sky.....http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-love008.gif

JBHuskers
07-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Gawd ... I was reading up on some TNA stuff and actually considered watching it for all of five minutes. Then I saw that and have no interest to watch TNA ... ever.

That's horrible.

And it's also obvious that the last original Sting gimmick he had was the 80's version ... though that could hardly be called original.

Writing and logic are terrible and wrestlers have a heel/face turn every other month.

JeffHCross
07-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Writing and logic are terrible and wrestlers have a heel/face turn every other month.So it's like the worst of WCW all over again. Awesome. Sauce. Pretty much just what I expected.

BearDownUofA
07-11-2011, 08:31 PM
The worst part is that it's occasionally better than WWE, whereas most of the time both compete for the title of Most Sucktacular. God, I wish I was 8-10 years old again.

mrh61988
07-11-2011, 08:49 PM
CM Punk is awesome.

NatureBoy
07-12-2011, 08:00 AM
:D I was busted last night by the Wife watching Raw last night. In Kelly Kelly's match last night, she threw Melina into the corner, hit her with a backflip and Melina fell to the ground in a sitting postion. KK then started rubbing her ass all in Melina's face and I said, MMMMMMMMMMMMM......

I didn't realize I had said it out loud because my Wife then went all out Miz on me. Really? Really? Really? Really? Really?! I guess you would like her to do that to you She said. BUSTED! Here's the link to the match in case you missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhrpLiV-tps

JBHuskers
07-12-2011, 01:56 PM
:fp: :D

Sinister
07-12-2011, 03:31 PM
that non sense last nite was boring. what I really would like to see is Cena turn heal. also punk will be back.

JeffHCross
07-12-2011, 10:23 PM
also punk will be back.Of course he will. There's no way the WWE would be stupid enough to give someone who's heading out the door an open mic. I'm guessing he agreed to the contract while he was "suspended". If he hadn't agreed to it, then he was gone, if he did he could come back and continue the build toward MitB.

That spot last night with him, McMahon and Cena was about as close to legit as I've seen the WWE get in a long, long time. I was actually impressed for a few minutes.

Sinister
07-13-2011, 01:52 PM
more legit with cena more than punk. I do think attitude and the crowd chants are what makes wrestling exciting to watch and be there. I know myself I'm a chant guy love that stuff . but WWE need to bring back the high flyers, tag teams that really just wrestle as a team vs just putting random guys together for a month or two. They need to take out some nonsense stuff too, like Sin Cara lighting during fights can't stand that. Stuff like what Henry and the Big Show did that kind of stuff will raise interest and ratings, not Cole fighting Lawler or doing dumb stuff.

on a separate note money in the bank matches should be good. I think Del Rio win Raw and have not a clue who would win Smackdown .

JBHuskers
07-13-2011, 01:54 PM
more legit with cena more than punk. I do think attitude and the crowd chants are what makes wrestling exciting to watch and be there. I know myself I'm a chant guy love that stuff . but WWE need to bring back the high flyers, tag teams that really just wrestle as a team vs just putting random guys together for a month or two. They need to take out some nonsense stuff too, like Sin Cara lighting during fights can't stand that. Stuff like what Henry and the Big Show did that kind of stuff will raise interest and ratings, not Cole fighting Lawler or doing dumb stuff.

on a separate note money in the bank matches should be good. I think Del Rio win Raw and have not a clue who would win Smackdown .

The problem in terms of the high flyers, Vince has them tone it down to save on injuries. Drew McIntyre looked like he got FUCKED UP on that end of the Mark Henry / Big Show deal, but thankfully he was fine.

MitB is going to be a great PPV, and with Cena/Punk as the main event that no one really knows which way it will go....it's going to be fun to watch on Sunday.

DariusLock
07-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Found a website that you can watch basically any old RAW Smackdown or PPV. Razor Ramon is the best character in WWF history...YEAH I SAID IT.....HEY YO!

Quoted for truth, his and HBK's ladder matches are the best ever.

DariusLock
07-13-2011, 03:56 PM
I like Sting's new gimmick better than the Crow actually now. Crow was getting.............OLD!

JBHuskers
07-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Okay my Punk/Cena prediction/take ..... Punk will win. Trips comes out and overturns the decision....and Cena wins with the help of Vince and Trips to bring us the heel turn we have always wanted. Punk takes a month or two off and then does an Outsiders like return as a HUGE face to just cause havoc with the new alliance of Vince/Ce...na/Trips. This heel turn of Cenas will only last a little ways past Wrestlemania, but it is clear he's on the disliked side of this Rock/Cena feud. Vince can afford a little less than a year of merch sales to turn Cena heel. Hell if they do it right some of the dudes that hate Cena may buy Cena heel merch, so in the end Vince still wins $$$ wise.

NatureBoy
07-16-2011, 08:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2VK6U6YVDE&feature=player_embedded

:D:up: The Rock lays the smack down on Cena! I haven't laughed this hard in a very long time.

JBHuskers
07-16-2011, 10:43 AM
...via satellite

(p.s. The Rock needs to record in stereo :D)

JBHuskers
07-16-2011, 10:46 AM
No one can cut a promo like The Rock....and it's all impromptu, it's amazing.

JBHuskers
07-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Cena was a heel once before even "Thuganomics"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWo9thujgGI

JeffHCross
07-16-2011, 10:58 AM
The problem in terms of the high flyers, Vince has them tone it down to save on injuries.I understand the concern, but I can't really understand the reasoning. Aren't Lucha promotions and some of the Japanese promotions full of high fliers that have had lengthy careers? I think Vince's bigger problem is that they have very few guys that are experienced in that line of work. I'd imagine that Matt Sydal, Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio could put on a good show together, since they all know how to wrestle that way.

Shutting down Mysterio makes sense -- he is starting to get up there in age, in terms of a high flier. But it is depressing to go back and watch his WCW matches and compare them to the 619.

Cena was a heel once before even "Thuganomics"Yep. Prototype was a major heel ... by OVW standards.

Okay my Punk/Cena prediction/take ..... Punk will win. Trips comes out and overturns the decision....and Cena wins with the help of Vince and Trips to bring us the heel turn we have always wanted. Punk takes a month or two off and then does an Outsiders like return as a HUGE faceSomehow I hadn't thought of a Cena heel turn (though I should have, it's so obvious), so good prediction. I was thinking that Vince would show himself to be allied with Punk, since they've been playing this whole "Punk's gone" angle ... but your idea makes a lot more sense. Not only does Cena get a massive heel turn (setting him up perfectly for WM as you said), but they can play up the "Punk left WWE" angle for a few more weeks, letting it build steam for an Outsiders-like return.

Ffffff ... I may actually have to buy MitB.

NatureBoy
07-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Who said it: Harrison or CM Punk?

Steelers LB James Harrison left no doubt about his feelings for Roger Goodell during a recent magazine interview, saying that he wouldn’t urinate on the commissioner if he were on fire. Harrison also targeted Ben Roethlisberger, Rashard Mendenhall, Brian Cushing and Rodney Harrison, among others — though he didn’t say what he would do if he found them on fire.

The news generated headlines and after talking with Paul Solotaroff, author of the Men’s Journal story, for the Dave Dameshek Football Program, the whole thing seems to be a bit calculated. Harrison is no dummy, so this is starting to come off like a professional wrestling angle. In fact, CM Punk is having a similar war of words with his boss, Vince McMahon.

How similar? Well, you be the judge. Below are 12 quotes from Harrison and Punk. See if you can tell who said what.

1. “I’m the best. I’m the best in the world. There’s one thing you’re better at than I am and that’s kissing (the commissioner’s) ass.”

2. “I don’t want to hurt nobody. I don’t want to step on nobody’s foot or hurt their toe.”

3. “I’ve been the best since day one when I walked into this. And I’ve been vilified and hated since that day because (my coach) saw something in me that nobody else wanted to admit.”

4. “I’ve grabbed so many of (the boss’) brass rings that it’s finally dawned on me that they’re just that, they’re completely imaginary. The only thing that’s real is me and the fact that day in and day out, for almost six years, I have proved to everybody in the world that I am the best. Nobody can touch me!”

5. “That boy is juiced out of his mind.”

6. “And yet no matter how many times I prove it, I’m not on your lovely little collector cups. I’m not on the cover of the program. I’m barely promoted.”

7. “Superman ain’t got nothing on me. Kryptonite? C’mon now. It’s just that you’re never going to hear me say that somebody is tougher than me … Because I don’t believe somebody else could be tougher than me.”

8. “I try to hurt people.”

9. “I will kick you in the (expletive) and you will smile at me and like it and show me some respect.”

10.“(He’s) a crook and a puppet … I hate him and will never respect him.”

11. “Oh hey, let me get something straight. Those of you who are cheering me right now, you are just as big a part of me leaving as anything else. Because you’re the ones who are sipping on those collector cups right now. You’re the ones that buy those programs that my face isn’t on the cover of. And then at five in the morning at the airport, you try to shove it in my face and get an autograph and try to sell it on Ebay because you’re too lazy to go get a real job.”

12. “The wheel is going to keep turning and I understand that. (The commissioner) is going to make money despite himself. He’s a millionaire who should be a billionaire. You know why he’s not a billionaire? Because he surrounds himself with glad-handed, non-sensical, (censored) yes men, like (employee), who’s going to tell him everything he wants to hear, and I’d like to think that maybe this company will better after (the boss) is dead.”

Answer key
Harrison: 2, 5, 7, 8, 10
Punk: 1, 3, 4, 6, 9, 11, 12

baseballplyrmvp
07-17-2011, 03:19 PM
i went 11/12

JBHuskers
07-18-2011, 12:31 AM
It was an AMAZING PPV!

mrh61988
07-18-2011, 04:31 AM
Punk tweeted this about 4AM this morning.

https://twitter.com/#!/CMPunk/status/92871357636943872
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/8900/tweetu.png

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg740/scaled.php?tn=0&server=740&filename=b09zy.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

JBHuskers
07-18-2011, 11:21 AM
:up: :D

jusblaze09
07-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Oh, in other news Sin Cara has been suspended for 30 days.

JBHuskers
07-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Oh, in other news Sin Cara has been suspended for 30 days.

Yep ... sounds like he was taking anabolic steroids.

NatureBoy
07-18-2011, 07:16 PM
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqEOKpoE3w!tReRpBOJHRERZY!~~_12.JPG
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/tylah/gn1wz.jpg

mrh61988
07-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Someone is selling one of the special Punk shirts that sold out in Chicago last night.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWE-CM-PUNK-CHICAGO-SHIRT-LARGE-MITB-money-bank-/220816203987?pt=US_Solo_Sports_Fan_Shop&hash=item3369abe0d3

JBHuskers
07-18-2011, 07:31 PM
$155.00 ... jesus

JeffHCross
07-18-2011, 09:20 PM
It was an AMAZING PPV!They missed a huge opportunity in not turning Cena, in my opinion, but otherwise I was impressed by the PPV. Not nearly as much as you, but that doesn't surprise me give some of our collective comments in the past. The MitB matches were quite good, with results that didn't shock me but also weren't what I would have predicted. Well, Del Rio I would have predicted, but after American Dragon won earlier, I was in the mindset of another "upset".

I did mark out pretty big for Punk hitting his Shining Wizards (of sorts). Always enjoyed that move -- don't recall him using it much since RoH, but I may just be forgetting.

One thing I did wonder though ... was that "steel ladder" that Sin Cara went through made out of wood? It sure looked like splintered wood.

NatureBoy
07-18-2011, 09:51 PM
They missed a huge opportunity in not turning Cena, in my opinion, but otherwise I was impressed by the PPV. Not nearly as much as you, but that doesn't surprise me give some of our collective comments in the past. The MitB matches were quite good, with results that didn't shock me but also weren't what I would have predicted. Well, Del Rio I would have predicted, but after American Dragon won earlier, I was in the mindset of another "upset".

I did mark out pretty big for Punk hitting his Shining Wizards (of sorts). Always enjoyed that move -- don't recall him using it much since RoH, but I may just be forgetting.

One thing I did wonder though ... was that "steel ladder" that Sin Cara went through made out of wood? It sure looked like splintered wood.http://i55.tinypic.com/2wdn713.jpg

If you look closely, you can see the sawdust come flying out when Cara made impact with it.

Sinister
07-18-2011, 10:13 PM
Was that real? Did they really kick him out?

JeffHCross
07-18-2011, 10:26 PM
If you look closely, you can see the sawdust come flying out when Cara made impact with it.Well, that just clinches it. Lol. I was amazed how many times they focused in on it, considering there was wood sticking right out of it.

Was that real? Did they really kick him out?As far as the storyline is concerned, absolutely. As far as reality is concerned -- no.

mrh61988
07-18-2011, 11:06 PM
Nice to see Vince's on screen character retired. With Hunter now the head guy it can put some freshness in the WWE that's been missing for a long time.

JBHuskers
07-19-2011, 12:18 AM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2wdn713.jpg

If you look closely, you can see the sawdust come flying out when Cara made impact with it.

You can see the welds too the soften the blow.

JBHuskers
07-19-2011, 12:19 AM
Great Raw.....of course when there is more wrestling than stupid skits, it's always a great show. The R-Truth / Rey match was the best of the night. Loved the ending, I had a feeling Trips was going to intervene, but I didn't know he was going to "relieve Vince of his duties". Of course now that Trips is the Chairman of the Board now....that leave the "door open" for "Punk to return" (even though Punk either got a new deal or signed an extension a few weeks ago).

Sinister
07-19-2011, 09:55 AM
i know vince isn't gone, but he off the show . He loved himself some raw, with triple HHH in I'm assuming that miz and rey will fight, and winner will fight cena or they will start cena off on someone else. Hopefully he'll add some big blows in the coming weeks.

JBHuskers
07-20-2011, 11:50 AM
From NoDQ.com:

There are people in WWE who don't know this for sure but strongly suspect there is some kind of working agreement between Ring of Honor and WWE. There are also people in ROH who think the same thing. At the same time, people on both sides insist there is nothing going on between the two companies.

Sources insist that some of the things CM Punk spoke about in his infamous RAW promo a few weeks back will start finding their way onto WWE TV soon. For example, Punk talked about Triple H taking over and he began that storyline on this week's RAW. Punk also mentioned John Laurinaitis and Colt Cabana, both who appeared on WWE TV in the past week. While Cabana wasn't named by the announcers, he was shown at ringside on Money in the Bank and was photographed with Punk and the WWE Title in Chicago after the pay-per-view. Punk also mentioned Ring of Honor, which adds to the speculation that WWE may be working with them.

For what its worth, Cabana has told at least one indy promotion that he's worked regularly with that he's not taking any more bookings with them after next month.

JBHuskers
07-21-2011, 10:29 AM
From NoDQ.com:

As noted before, some of the CM Punk and WWE storyline is expected to play out in other outlets beside WWE TV. Word is that the idea for now is to try a unique balancing act with Punk to be kept in the news with the WWE Title while WWE acts like he doesn't exist. WWE has been calling in favors to try and get Punk booked on things like late night talk shows where they can continue the storyline.

WWE talents have been told not to mention Punk's name in interviews for now, as well as on Twitter and Facebook. On Monday's RAW, John Cena was scripted to slip-up and mention Punk's name. Also before RAW hit the air, Justin Roberts announced that WWE management has banned the fans from chanting Punk's name - which just led to them chanting it, as seen on TV.

JBHuskers
07-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Oh hell yes....I love what the WWE is doing here.....EPIC!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NAvDqglbAE

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2011, 03:35 PM
That was awesome. :D

NatureBoy
07-21-2011, 10:09 PM
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that several ROH of talents have not yet signed new deals with the company. Current ROH champion Davey Richards commented in a recent interview that he has not signed a new contract. He is under a contract that was signed with Carey Silkin that goes through 2012.

In addition to Richards, Colt Cabana has not signed a new contract along with The Kings of Wrestling, Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli.

There is a lot of speculation that Cabana, Hero and Castagnoli are all headed to the WWE in the near future.

NatureBoy
07-23-2011, 05:56 PM
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/8676/27071425662787435405110.jpg

JeffHCross
07-23-2011, 06:16 PM
There are people in WWE who don't know this for sure but strongly suspect there is some kind of working agreement between Ring of Honor and WWE. There are also people in ROH who think the same thing. At the same time, people on both sides insist there is nothing going on between the two companies. As a fan of RoH since the beginning, the idea of them being associated with WWE makes me want to cry.

However, that does make a lot of sense. They're getting a lot of momentum from their new TV deal, RoH has sent a lot of talented workers on to the WWE ... and, more to the point, that's about the only way I can imagine that CM Punk was allowed to mention their name on WWE television. Plus Colt's name on top of that.

There is a lot of speculation that Cabana, Hero and Castagnoli are all headed to the WWE in the near future.Ugh. Chris Hero would quickly make me turn off the television.

JBHuskers
07-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Zack Ryder might have finally come up with a gimmick that will get Vince to put him on TV. Since Vince would love to slight the Ultimate Warrior, it looks like the Ultimate Broski made an appearance at a house show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrBusxUViUY

JBHuskers
07-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Even Ziggler is a fan!

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg739/scaled.php?tn=0&server=739&filename=in1zc.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Sinister
07-25-2011, 08:19 PM
weak as hell rey winning and del rio won't either

JBHuskers
07-26-2011, 12:26 AM
Epic ending on Raw tonight. I had no idea Punk was going to show up. Nice choice for his new theme music :up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FuOZVjrUUg

JBHuskers
07-26-2011, 12:31 AM
FYI - Cult of Personality was Punk's ROH theme.

Sinister
07-26-2011, 08:31 AM
Epic ending on Raw tonight. I had no idea Punk was going to show up. Nice choice for his new theme music :up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FuOZVjrUUg

That ending was hot, match prob won't happen til summerslam , I was hoping Cena was going to come out with new music , but instead CM Punk did.

JBHuskers
07-26-2011, 02:47 PM
From NoDQ.com --- (THANK GOD) ----

WWE is looking to go "old school" with the booking process in the sense that they will be planning several months out and working backwards. Expect to see lots more long-term planning from here on out. WWE is very happy with how they announced John Cena vs. The Rock for WrestleMania 28 in advance and how both Superstars have managed to keep the feud alive online.

JBHuskers
07-26-2011, 02:48 PM
My tweet today (http://twitter.com/#!/JBHuskers/status/95903870592622592) to Dolph Zigger got a response back (http://twitter.com/#!/HEELZiggler/status/95909090575921152):D

baseballplyrmvp
07-26-2011, 07:16 PM
should've asked him how he can possibly put with the annoying twat that vickie is.....:)

JeffHCross
07-26-2011, 07:38 PM
Epic ending on Raw tonight. I had no idea Punk was going to show up.Unfortunately, I knew it as soon as Cena won. Idiots. Milk it for a month and then his return is epic. Plus people might have actually started to legitimately believe Punk was gone.

Wasted opportunity.

And don't even get me started on giving Rey a 90 minute title run. That was one of the reasons WCW died.

FYI - Cult of Personality was Punk's ROH theme.Ffffff ... how did I not know that? Maybe I only saw him when he was using his other themes. In fact, I swear I saw him in RoH using "This Fire Burns" -- but apparently not, according to Wikipedia.

Nothingface
07-26-2011, 10:35 PM
Man i barely watch wrestling but that ending to raw gave me some chills. Like CM Punks new theme.

Nothingface
07-26-2011, 10:37 PM
Why would Cena have new music?

JBHuskers
07-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Unfortunately, I knew it as soon as Cena won. Idiots. Milk it for a month and then his return is epic. Plus people might have actually started to legitimately believe Punk was gone.

Wasted opportunity.

And don't even get me started on giving Rey a 90 minute title run. That was one of the reasons WCW died.

Ffffff ... how did I not know that? Maybe I only saw him when he was using his other themes. In fact, I swear I saw him in RoH using "This Fire Burns" -- but apparently not, according to Wikipedia.

I disagree, strike while the iron is hot ... I think the timing is just right with HHH taking over.

Plus since I'm going to Summerslam, I like to know Punk will be there :nod:

JBHuskers
07-27-2011, 11:33 AM
On top of that I don't think people were going to really think Punk was gone when he kept showing up. And they kept mentioning him even though they weren't saying his name.

JBHuskers
08-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Credit: F4WOnline.com

As noted before, WWE had six different scripts for last week's RAW where CM Punk returned and one plan was for Triple H to lay Punk out. According to Dave Meltzer, the spot where Triple H would have hit Punk with a Pedigree was in the first, second, third and fourth script. Something happened, likely someone realized it was a bad idea, and the angle was edited out of the fifth script and then the 6th & final script.

mrh61988
08-01-2011, 02:59 PM
That's what scares me about the WWE. How anyone can think that the night you bring back your hottest current talent and completely bury him is a good idea is beyond me.

JBHuskers
08-01-2011, 05:24 PM
That's what scares me about the WWE. How anyone can think that the night you bring back your hottest current talent and completely bury him is a good idea is beyond me.

Thank god someone was thinking.

JeffHCross
08-01-2011, 08:06 PM
How anyone can think that the night you bring back your hottest current talent and completely bury him is a good idea is beyond me.Well, they did just put out a "Best of Monday Nitro" DVD. Maybe they even watched it.

On top of that I don't think people were going to really think Punk was gone when he kept showing up. And they kept mentioning him even though they weren't saying his name.The smarts wouldn't have fallen for it, of course not. But the longer he was gone, the more people would have wavered, to the point that more people would have legitimately believed it.

And yeah, you and I are always going to disagree on that kind of thing. I like the long-term, drawn out angles ... you like the quick-hitting action. Just different tastes.

JBHuskers
08-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Well, they did just put out a "Best of Monday Nitro" DVD. Maybe they even watched it.
The smarts wouldn't have fallen for it, of course not. But the longer he was gone, the more people would have wavered, to the point that more people would have legitimately believed it.

And yeah, you and I are always going to disagree on that kind of thing. I like the long-term, drawn out angles ... you like the quick-hitting action. Just different tastes.

If you knew me you know that I want the opposite of that. :fp:

I have been following the business since 1986, I know all about long drawn out angles.

JBHuskers
08-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Well, they did just put out a "Best of Monday Nitro" DVD. Maybe they even watched it.
The smarts wouldn't have fallen for it, of course not. But the longer he was gone, the more people would have wavered, to the point that more people would have legitimately believed it.

See Jeff, you assumed this was a quick-hitter, only to see after last night, the big story is this is going to be a long feud of Punk/HHH. Who knows when it will happen, Survivor Series maybe....Rumble maybe.....doubtful Wrestlemania because I think HHH/Taker 2 is going to happen then. I knew that Cena wasn't the long term plan for Punk (thank god), that will be Del Rio.

JeffHCross
08-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Sorry, you're right ... I misspoke. Had the right idea in mind, but "quick-hitting" doesn't describe it accurately. And, now that I think about it, I didn't mean "drawn-out angles" for myself either ... drawn-out builds, more like. I like the build to take time so the pay off is even bigger.

I guess what I was meaning was that Cena/Punk at Summerslam is too quick for me. It's definitely not the long term plan (which makes sense given Cena/Rock), but I would have rather seen Rey go into SummerSlam versus Cena, then Punk come out at the end of SummerSlam ... rather than to do it last week. Wasted opportunity in my mind.

Though I was amused that, of the two champions and "the boss", HHH is the most obviously fan favorite. What an interesting month this is going to be.

JBHuskers
08-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Since I'm going to Summerslam, I don't mind seeing Cena/Punk :D probably going to get one of the new Punk shirts too.

JBHuskers
08-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Maryse & Miz on TMZ after the court hearing for the restraining order.... (http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/03/maryse-ouellet-wwe-disturbing-email-obsessed-fan-security-protection-filed-for-a-permanent-restraining-order/)

http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=fde4f89d-3ff9-4bdd-b70c-d6a13e897803

JBHuskers
08-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Life & Style reports that George Clooney is now dating former WWE Diva Stacy Keibler after recently splitting from model Elisabetta Canali.

Keibler reportedly flew to Italy to be with the Academy Award winning actor at his villa in Lake Como. She tweeted the following about the trip: "I'm in heaven."

Clooney and Keibler have been acquaintances for some time and were set up by a mutual friend. A source close to the situation says his relationship with Keibler is "purely for fun."

"They have a lot of friends in common and run in the same circles," the source said.

"He's enjoying spending time with Stacy, but he just got out of a two-year relationship. George isn't ready for anything serious. This fling is purely for fun."

SmoothPancakes
08-03-2011, 04:38 PM
"He's enjoying spending time with Stacy, but he just got out of a two-year relationship. George isn't ready for anything serious. This fling is purely for fun."

Aka, he's no longer getting any from Canali since they're done, so he's looking for a fuck buddy.

JBHuskers
08-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Aka, he's no longer getting any from Canali since they're done, so he's looking for a fuck buddy.

...and I don't blame him :D, or her for that matter.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

baseballplyrmvp
08-03-2011, 07:26 PM
lucky bastard

souljahbill
08-03-2011, 09:13 PM
lucky bastard

The Miz is a lucky bastard because I've always wanted to bang the bajeezus out of Coral, the big titty black chick from his season on The Real World.

JeffHCross
08-03-2011, 09:57 PM
lucky bastard
+Eleventy Billion

baseballplyrmvp
08-03-2011, 10:30 PM
if only i was lucky enough to have velvet sky http://www.myemoticons.com/images/emotions/love/heart-eyes.gif *sigh*

JBHuskers
08-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Taker has now shaved his head bald....

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg740/scaled.php?tn=0&server=740&filename=ldzj.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

baseballplyrmvp
08-04-2011, 08:26 PM
was that photo taken in the 60's? i thought people had good camera's nowadays.

NatureBoy
08-07-2011, 02:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_14DH0JQA4s&feature=player_embedded

JBHuskers
08-07-2011, 02:56 PM
I guess since he did it with The Crow, he could blatantly rip off Heath Ledger's Joker? :dunno:

NatureBoy
08-07-2011, 05:40 PM
I guess since he did it with The Crow, he could blatantly rip off Heath Ledger's Joker? :dunno::D I think Sting stays up late watching movies on TNT for ideas for his wrestling persona.

I hate to tell him but The Joker gimmick doesn't suit him one bit. He comes across very cheesy and plain out stupid IMO.

JeffHCross
08-08-2011, 09:32 PM
What is up with the WWE using NFL Films music in a lot of their recap/highlight videos lately? It adds a ... self-important, pretentious, feel to it.

Nothingface
08-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Sting lol. Shoulda retired a long time ago. I never really did like him. I didin't watch WCW much when he was surfer Sting tho I have watched on youtube. Last one I watched was Sting vs poor Mr. Rude in Japan.

JeffHCross
08-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Sting's my all-time favorite wrestler, but even I'll agree that he should have stayed retired after WCW was sold.

JBHuskers
08-09-2011, 09:58 AM
What is up with the WWE using NFL Films music in a lot of their recap/highlight videos lately? It adds a ... self-important, pretentious, feel to it.

They started doing that a couple years ago around Wrestlemania time, I don't have a problem with it. I like it.

Check this out LOL - http://twitter.com/#!/johnreport/status/100940121838338048

OptionMasta
08-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Sting now looks like the cheesiest, most retarded wrestler ever. How unoriginal can you be? The Crow schtick was cool to me. He should have just stuck with that.

NatureBoy
08-10-2011, 04:26 PM
I would love to be on the front row for this event. Just about every wrestling old timer will be in action. You know that this will be a trainwreck of a PPV. I would still love to be there just to see the wrestlers I grew up watching perform one more time.

August 12th: Legends and Icons.

1. Greg "The Hammer" Valentine vs. Tito Santana (Steel Cage Match)

2. The Rock N Roll Express Vs The Headbangers

3. Bob Backlund Vs Ken Patera “The Olympic Strongman”

4. Memphis Madness 4 way Match featuring KoKo B. Ware Vs Kamala Vs Jerry “The King” Lawler Vs Dutch Mantell!

5. Tracy Smothers vs. Wildfire Tommy Rich – First Time Ever!

6) Raven Vs Al Snow Vs Rhino Vs Balls Mahoney Vs Shane Douglas Vs ????(Mystery Competitor)

7) Rikishi and Brian Christopher (Too Cool) Vs The Powers Of Pain!

8) 10 Man “Eliminations For Generations” Battle Royal Rumble Match.
Participants:

Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Tony Atlas
Honky Tonk Man
Carlito
Superfly Jimmy Snuka
"Big Daddy V" Viscera
Rob Conway
Zach Gowen
Ronnie Garvin "Hands of Stone"
U-Gene Dinsmore

9) For The First Time EVER: The NWO (New World Order) Scott "Razor" Hall & Kevin Nash Vs Degeneration X (DX) “The Road Dogg" Jesse James & "The Bad rear end" Billy Gunn.
Special Guest Referee: Sean “X-Pac” Waltman.

10) Main Event: Terry Funk Vs Roddy Piper With Cowboy "Bob" Orton- I QUIT MATCH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAeThVbYDIo&feature=player_embedded

JBHuskers
08-10-2011, 04:30 PM
That would be awesome to attend.

JeffHCross
08-10-2011, 09:06 PM
The problem, for me, with a card like that is that it would have been awesome ... 10 or more years ago. Today -- I'm just not sure I'd enjoy it. Between the wrestlers themselves getting older, and myself growing beyond the point that any piece of a Mark is gone from me ...

JBHuskers
08-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Past their prime, but still would be enjoyable for me. I'm not walking in to be wow'd with wrestling here.

Nothingface
08-10-2011, 11:43 PM
Pro Wrestling died when the Gobbledy Gooker never got a title shot.

jaymo76
08-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Past their prime, but still would be enjoyable for me. I'm not walking in to be wow'd with wrestling here.

Well said. I would love to see those guys from my youth one more time.

Sinister
08-11-2011, 08:18 AM
I would love to be on the front row for this event. Just about every wrestling old timer will be in action. You know that this will be a trainwreck of a PPV. I would still love to be there just to see the wrestlers I grew up watching perform one more time.

August 12th: Legends and Icons.

1. Greg "The Hammer" Valentine vs. Tito Santana (Steel Cage Match)

2. The Rock N Roll Express Vs The Headbangers

3. Bob Backlund Vs Ken Patera “The Olympic Strongman”

4. Memphis Madness 4 way Match featuring KoKo B. Ware Vs Kamala Vs Jerry “The King” Lawler Vs Dutch Mantell!

5. Tracy Smothers vs. Wildfire Tommy Rich – First Time Ever!

6) Raven Vs Al Snow Vs Rhino Vs Balls Mahoney Vs Shane Douglas Vs ????(Mystery Competitor)

7) Rikishi and Brian Christopher (Too Cool) Vs The Powers Of Pain!

8) 10 Man “Eliminations For Generations” Battle Royal Rumble Match.
Participants:

Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Tony Atlas
Honky Tonk Man
Carlito
Superfly Jimmy Snuka
"Big Daddy V" Viscera
Rob Conway
Zach Gowen
Ronnie Garvin "Hands of Stone"
U-Gene Dinsmore

9) For The First Time EVER: The NWO (New World Order) Scott "Razor" Hall & Kevin Nash Vs Degeneration X (DX) “The Road Dogg" Jesse James & "The Bad rear end" Billy Gunn.
Special Guest Referee: Sean “X-Pac” Waltman.

10) Main Event: Terry Funk Vs Roddy Piper With Cowboy "Bob" Orton- I QUIT MATCH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAeThVbYDIo&feature=player_embedded

#6 too me would be the best match especially 10 years ago

JBHuskers
08-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Wonder who the "mystery competitor" is? :D

RVD?

Sinister
08-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Wonder who the "mystery competitor" is? :D

RVD?

what would make this match awesome if the mystery competitor was Taz. Loved Taz from his ECW days. Or maybe Sabu would make that great also.

JBHuskers
08-11-2011, 09:53 AM
what would make this match awesome if the mystery competitor was Taz. Loved Taz from his ECW days. Or maybe Sabu would make that great also.

I don't think they would list Sabu as a "mystery competitor" though. It has to be someone big I'd think.

JBHuskers
08-11-2011, 10:32 AM
In honor of Summerslame in three days, one of the best Summerslam matches ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBSJEmyNX2c

JBHuskers
08-15-2011, 11:24 PM
Summerslam was a complete blast. On Saturday got to personally meet Alex Riley, Zack Ryder, and Randy Orton as they each came down to our conference room where we were playing WWE '12.

JBHuskers
08-16-2011, 09:25 PM
Looks like I made GamePro's website at WWE Axxess :D

http://cdn1.gamepro.com/article_img/gamepro/36472-221973-4.jpg?rand=E1F6A0B2-BDD9-E9A2-79E6EA4A672841CC

gschwendt
08-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Looks like I made GamePro's website at WWE Axxess :D

http://cdn1.gamepro.com/article_img/gamepro/36472-221973-4.jpg?rand=E1F6A0B2-BDD9-E9A2-79E6EA4A672841CC
That's a cool Munsters t-shirt you have on.

baseballplyrmvp
08-16-2011, 10:35 PM
so jb isnt the one holding the cena shirt? i thought he was a john cena fan?

JBHuskers
08-17-2011, 02:17 PM
so jb isnt the one holding the cena shirt? i thought he was a john cena fan?

:D no I'm holding the Punk shirt :nod:

psuexv
08-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Nice mudflap

psuexv
08-17-2011, 02:27 PM

:+1: :D :D

JBHuskers
08-17-2011, 03:01 PM
That dude has quite the perm :D

psuexv
08-17-2011, 03:21 PM
That dude has quite the perm :D

Isn't that a chic?

JBHuskers
08-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Isn't that a chic?

It's Pat!

steelerfan
08-17-2011, 04:56 PM

I'm really late to this (I shouldn't have to explain not reading THIS thread), but haaaaa! :D :D :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

steelerfan
08-17-2011, 04:56 PM
Nice mudflap

Is that prison lingo? :sick:

NatureBoy
08-17-2011, 10:59 PM
http://h4.abload.de/img/mousespr8.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-H9H122VLU&feature=player_embedded

JBHuskers
08-18-2011, 08:21 AM

psuexv
08-18-2011, 08:23 AM
Is that prison lingo? :sick:

Ask your buddy from the bar.

SmoothPancakes
08-18-2011, 09:23 AM
Ask your buddy from the bar.

Damn, beat me to it. :D

psuexv
08-18-2011, 09:23 AM
Damn, beat me to it. :D

:nod:

JBHuskers
08-18-2011, 05:24 PM
In Linda Hogan's new tell-all book she claims that Hulk is ***....some wrestling news sites are pretty clever and are putting this picture up to report on the story with :D :D :D :D

http://www.thejohnreport.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Hogan-and-Warrior.jpg

JeffHCross
08-18-2011, 08:32 PM
some wrestling news sites are pretty cleverI'll give them credit for doing it, but once you think about it, it's really the obvious choice.

JBHuskers
08-18-2011, 09:57 PM
I guess you can see me during the telecast :D far right wearing the Punk shirt.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/wwesummerslamtv.png

This was when Edge came out. Hence I have my camera up :D

steelerfan
08-18-2011, 10:13 PM
This was when Edge came out. Hence I have my thingy up

Fixed. :easy: