PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that EA's 4th patch will fix Keyser Soze's TRANSFER FAILED problem?

bdoughty
11-03-2011, 04:39 PM

Pig Bomb
11-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Not a chance in hell... BUT look for different length dreads and colored socks in next years game!!!! WOOT! I'm pumped!!

SmoothPancakes
11-03-2011, 07:47 PM
In English, no. In Spanish, no. In Russian, nyet. In ebonics, hell naw!

cdj
11-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Is "I sure as hell hope so" an option? :P

baseballplyrmvp
11-03-2011, 08:25 PM
what's indubididly mean?

bdoughty
11-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Indubididly is the misspelling of indubitably. :blush:

morsdraconis
11-03-2011, 08:34 PM
I was gonna say it was created by Ned:

http://images.wikia.com/simpsons/images/8/84/Ned_Flanders.png

bdoughty
11-03-2011, 08:36 PM
:D Good one Mors.

psusnoop
11-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Is "I sure as hell hope so" an option? :P

Lol :+1: :P

baseballplyrmvp
11-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Indubididly is the misspelling of indubitably. :blush:

oh.....well i went with 92.78% sure.

HWill
11-04-2011, 01:27 AM
uhhhh.......

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg618/scaled.php?tn=0&server=618&filename=aqhiv.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

steelerfan
11-04-2011, 02:43 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/62c401e2-9797-f5c7.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

keyser soze
11-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Can we stick a NO vote in there for my OD playing friend. He laughed on the phone at me when I told him that the 4th patch was coming out next week and it was intended to fix our problem. He said, and I quote, "Not a chance in hell they fix it, they don't give a sh!t about the problem. How can you even believe there is a chance at this point?" I honestly fully anticipate another TRANSFER FAILED message after the patch but I will be happy if I am wrong.

keyser soze
11-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Thanks for posting the poll, gives us something to laugh at until the 8th.

keyser soze
11-05-2011, 08:37 AM
So I count 8 YES and 7 NO right now.... pretty split.

keyser soze
11-07-2011, 06:29 AM
Tied at 8-8 with 1 day remaining... will we get another vote to break the tie? I wonder if all the EA software employees were forced to vote and have their paychecks on the line to get their vote correct what they would vote?

bdoughty
11-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Tie broken, you lose. EA employee gets to keep his paycheck. :fp:

keyser soze
11-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Hold up, my question was if all EA employees had to bet their paycheck on getting this answer correct, NOT FIXING MY PROBLEM, I wonder if they would pick YES or NO. Meaning, if they vote NO the patch won't fix my issue and they are correct, they keep their paychecks. If they vote YES it will fix my problem but then the patch does NOT, well then they lose their paychecks. My gut tells me that any insane person would have to pick NO at this point. However, there are 9 people from this site that think otherwise.... Just a few more hours and we shall find out! LOL

bdoughty
11-07-2011, 03:40 PM
I think if you just sold your 360 and NCAA 12, the voices in your head would slowly start fading away.

keyser soze
11-07-2011, 04:05 PM
I think if you just sold your 360 and NCAA 12, the voices in your head would slowly start fading away.

LOL! Might do that tomorrow as this is the only game I play.....

keyser soze
11-08-2011, 07:29 AM
Loaded it up this morning... anyone want to get any last second votes in before the drum roll?

gschwendt
11-08-2011, 07:36 AM
Bear in mind... They also said server side changes would have to be made. Just because it doesn't instantly work, doesn't mean it won't work in due time.

keyser soze
11-08-2011, 10:25 AM
LOL, ok... but they also said they are done with doing anything more and onto NCAA 13. Did they give a time frame for the server side patches? Only 3 weeks of college football left in real life....

gschwendt
11-08-2011, 10:28 AM
LOL, ok... but they also said they are done with doing anything more and onto NCAA 13. Did they give a time frame for the server side patches? Only 3 weeks of college football left in real life....As of 41 minutes ago, the server side changes were deployed. If it's going to fix your issue, it should now be fixed.

keyser soze
11-08-2011, 11:02 AM
As of 41 minutes ago, the server side changes were deployed. If it's going to fix your issue, it should now be fixed.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice! Going home NOW for lunch, I will fire it up. Any last guesses? Anyone want to change their YES vote to a NO or vice versa! LOL

keyser soze
11-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Went home, loaded the game, loaded the dynasty, attempted to add a player to my recruiting list and............................................... ... TRANSFER FAILED!!!!

Thanks, was fun! Left wondering if the code that we downloaded called patch #4 really does anything at all......

Side question: How did you guys know the server side patch was done? I did not see a message pop telling me that. Are you getting that info from a web site or something or should you be able to see that on your xbox?

gschwendt
11-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Went home, loaded the game, loaded the dynasty, attempted to add a player to my recruiting list and............................................... ... TRANSFER FAILED!!!!

Thanks, was fun! Left wondering if the code that we downloaded called patch #4 really does anything at all......

Side question: How did you guys know the server side patch was done? I did not see a message pop telling me that. Are you getting that info from a web site or something or should you be able to see that on your xbox?Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/EANCAAFootball/status/133933143521632256

That said, I'll fire off an email to see if I can get any additional info on your particular situation but understand if you're done with it. I would be curious to see if you're able to create an OD and whether or not it's related to just your old OD or not. Your call whether you're willing to continue working at it or not.

keyser soze
11-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/EANCAAFootball/status/133933143521632256

That said, I'll fire off an email to see if I can get any additional info on your particular situation but understand if you're done with it. I would be curious to see if you're able to create an OD and whether or not it's related to just your old OD or not. Your call whether you're willing to continue working at it or not.

I think my gamertag is cursed. Before I go and try anything new, I would like to see ONE PERSON claim that their OD has been FIXED with this patch. I am yet to read anywhere a single claim that anyone has had their TRANSFER FAILED issue resolved. That doesn't mean that is the case, I just haven't read it. If it has fixed someones, then yeah I would like it to fix mine. But I am not calling the help desk only to start over again with them saying, "we have never heard of a TRANSFER FAILED" problem, and then they google search this website.

keyser soze
11-09-2011, 08:02 AM
Just a review of stuff I have tried:

Problems seems tied to my gamer tag. I have tried all of the following only to get TRANSFER FAILED as soon as the OD has to upload anything to the servers:

1 - transferred commish to someone else
2 - deleted game and all files from my hard drive and re installed
3 - attempted to start a new OD from scratch
4 - had my EA account (e-mail address) reset to a new account
5 - loaded up my friends gamer tag and I have no problems playing in any OD (new or old)

So starting over is not even an option. As soon as I try to make a new OD and pick a team (which gets loaded to the EA server) I get the transfer failed message and I am forced to quit. I have called EA twice on the phone but they were unaware that a TRANSFER FAILED issue even existed...

Pig Bomb
11-10-2011, 07:59 AM
Just a review of stuff I have tried:

Problems seems tied to my gamer tag. I have tried all of the following only to get TRANSFER FAILED as soon as the OD has to upload anything to the servers:

1 - transferred commish to someone else
2 - deleted game and all files from my hard drive and re installed
3 - attempted to start a new OD from scratch
4 - had my EA account (e-mail address) reset to a new account
5 - loaded up my friends gamer tag and I have no problems playing in any OD (new or old)

So starting over is not even an option. As soon as I try to make a new OD and pick a team (which gets loaded to the EA server) I get the transfer failed message and I am forced to quit. I have called EA twice on the phone but they were unaware that a TRANSFER FAILED issue even existed...

i've heard talk about guys having this same problem... they had to change their tag in order to play the game
.... EA NCAA amazes me somtimes

keyser soze
11-10-2011, 08:53 AM
So who do I call to make that happen? How does one change a gamertag? Do I call EA or call Xbox. When I tell Xbox what do I say, that EA's game doesn't work with my gamertag please give me a new one? LOL... this is unreal.

keyser soze
11-10-2011, 08:54 AM
what, if any, down sides will there be to playing with a different gamer tag? does my coaching prestige and program stability take a shot?

baseballplyrmvp
11-10-2011, 09:02 AM
what, if any, down sides will there be to playing with a different gamer tag? does my coaching prestige and program stability take a shot?

no...its jsut a different name your xbox friends will know you as. just change your gamertag to keyser soze1 or something like that. it costs 800 microsoft points though, i think. you can change it through your 360 too.

Pig Bomb
11-10-2011, 10:20 AM
i vote for Keyser Daddy

:up:

bdoughty
11-10-2011, 03:30 PM
So who do I call to make that happen? How does one change a gamertag? Do I call EA or call Xbox. When I tell Xbox what do I say, that EA's game doesn't work with my gamertag please give me a new one? LOL... this is unreal.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/how-to/xbox-live-account-management/change-gamertag

To change your Xbox LIVE gamertag

On your console, sign in using the Xbox LIVE gamertag that you want to change.
Go to My Xbox, and select your gamertag.
Select Change Gamertag.
Note the Price of the change, and do one of the following:
Select Enter New Gamertag.
Select Get Suggestions to view possible gamertags.
Once you enter or select a new gamertag, select Yes, use this gamertag.

JBHuskers
11-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Keyser Soze Redemption

keyser soze
11-14-2011, 07:45 AM
Well, well, well... the short story = we are playing our dynasty again!

Long story:
1 - As everyone probably knows none of the patches fixed my problem
2 - I read on a different site that the only fix was a new gamer tag
3 - Called Microsoft and demanded a new gamer tag
4 - Live cancels my tag and sends me an e-mail with codes for equivalent time as what I had on my last account
5 - 2 days later they are not here so I have to call them and have a lady read me them over the phone (each is 25 characters long!)
6 - Side note: week later and I still have no e-mail (xbox/EA = FAIL in every way IMO, they simply are too big to care)
7 - I create a new account called keyser soze 10
7b - I have to create a new e-mail to attach account to
8 - I get tons of ERRORS while creating the account
9 - Every time I attempt to log onto LIVE through my lap top I get an "uh-oh you have experienced an error" message
10 - I give up and go to bed
11 - Sometime the following day I attempt to log onto laptop
12 - I get in logging in with my new e-mail account only my gamertag name is NOT keyser soze 10 as I asked, it is "StanchCarpet7"
13 - SO SOMETHING must have happened during one of those errors that LIVE decided to give me a "random" name. Not even sure how to pronounce my name or what to make of it. When my OD buddy allowed LIVE to create one it was "CummyMidget" so I think the code has some weird humor that creates these names.
14 - Logged onto friend's account, terminated "keyser soze 15" from OD and invited StanchCarpet7 to the OD
15 - Logged onto StanchCarpet7 and accepted, then added a guy to my recruiting list and BOOOOOOOOOOM, we have success!!!! LOL!

Got a couple of games in this weekend which I will post about in a different thread. Downside is my buddy is now going away and wont be able to play for 3 weeks! LOL!

bdoughty
11-14-2011, 10:00 AM
Congrats man, it has been one heck of a ride for you, hasn't it!

:up:

Architekto
bogeyexpress
CLW
geckman
griffin2608
keyser soze
Pig Bomb
roccogator
Rudy
SmoothPancakes

Feel free to send an apology card to eamadeitrightandthegameisworking@easports.com

keyser soze
11-14-2011, 10:57 AM
HA! for the record it was NOT EA's doing, I had to get a new gamertag named StanchCarpet to pull it off. I probably have a legit 10 hours into fixing this problem.

Sure wish I had done this on day one instead of believing the EA guy on the phone that assured me that it was impossible for the problem to be with my gamertag. That was my first and biggest mistake.

keyser soze
11-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Also, before anyone else decides to do this, there are a number of downsides to changing gamertag such as all my stuff that I have paid for are tied to my old account. I have to keep that account active or my code to even play the NCAA video game will go bye-bye and I will have to pay another $10! LOL.

bdoughty
11-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Also, before anyone else decides to do this, there are a number of downsides to changing gamertag such as all my stuff that I have paid for are tied to my old account. I have to keep that account active or my code to even play the NCAA video game will go bye-bye and I will have to pay another $10! LOL.

I was able to use my NCAA 12 Online Code and others when I changed gamertags. Just go to to your download history, find the online pass for NCAA 12 and try downloading it again.

CLW
11-15-2011, 07:22 AM
Semi-related, in my GBN PS3 OD here at TGT we just finished the 2013 off-season. Now, I am getting a Transfer Fail error message when I try to login. Oddly the other members can login to the OD. I have tried deleting my OD file and redownloading but that hasn't worked. Any suggestions?

keyser soze
11-15-2011, 08:35 AM
Semi-related, in my GBN PS3 OD here at TGT we just finished the 2013 off-season. Now, I am getting a Transfer Fail error message when I try to login. Oddly the other members can login to the OD. I have tried deleting my OD file and redownloading but that hasn't worked. Any suggestions?

call xbox and demand a new gamertag.... this is what I had to do after exhausting 2+ months of time on all other attempts.

keyser soze
11-15-2011, 08:36 AM
Hey, where on this site do I talk about my current OD and brag about my team?

gschwendt
11-15-2011, 08:41 AM
If you're commissioner, unfortunately the suggestions aren't as pretty.
If you're just a member, then it likely would just be a matter of you not being able to do that week's activities (but should be good for the future).

Since I think you're commissioner, if you're unable to advance from the web (ie preseason/offseason), then unfortunately the best option is to ensure that you have a save file for the current week, then retire the current OD and create a copy OD based off of your save file. Let me know if that's the route you decide to take... it's sort of a last resort but quite possibly the only option in your case.

call xbox and demand a new gamertag.... this is what I had to do after exhausting 2+ months of time on all other attempts.
I really don't think they'll care very much
he's a PS3 guy

Hey, where on this site do I talk about my current OD and brag about my team?
Here to brag: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?13-Coaching-Carousel-Dynasty-amp-Road-to-Glory-Recaps
Here to advertise openings: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?12-Online-Dynasty-amp-League-Classifieds

keyser soze
11-15-2011, 09:39 AM
By the way... played Purdue the other day and their punter sported the #1 jersey, was short and had super long dreads.... LOL, EA could do a touch more to make the game feel more realistic down the road. Picture Vincent Smith of Michigan as the punter.....

CLW
11-15-2011, 02:12 PM
If you're commissioner, unfortunately the suggestions aren't as pretty.
If you're just a member, then it likely would just be a matter of you not being able to do that week's activities (but should be good for the future).

Since I think you're commissioner, if you're unable to advance from the web (ie preseason/offseason), then unfortunately the best option is to ensure that you have a save file for the current week, then retire the current OD and create a copy OD based off of your save file. Let me know if that's the route you decide to take... it's sort of a last resort but quite possibly the only option in your case.

We are at the pre-season so the way it sounds there is NOTHING I can do. I'll see if someone can do your suggested fix because I deleted the file thinking that it might help to re-download it when trying to get into the OD.

May I suggest an addition to the wishlist tourny for OD? No Transfer Fails!

keyser soze
11-15-2011, 02:54 PM
We are at the pre-season so the way it sounds there is NOTHING I can do. I'll see if someone can do your suggested fix because I deleted the file thinking that it might help to re-download it when trying to get into the OD.

May I suggest an addition to the wishlist tourny for OD? No Transfer Fails!

0% chance of that happening. I DARE you to call the 800 number that comes with the game and ask them about this particular problem. The guy told me that there was ZERO in their data base regarding this problem. As far as he knew I was the first person to ever call about it. He "luckily" was able to GOOGLE about it and find all of our posts on the matter...

keyser soze
11-16-2011, 09:11 AM
Is there a way for me to add a link to my thread on my OD from my signature? If so can someone tell me how to access my signature? LOL

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?4093-UM-amp-ND-dynasty

SmoothPancakes
11-16-2011, 10:01 AM
If you want a signature, you gotta donate to the site.

keyser soze
11-16-2011, 10:15 AM
is there a limit to what I can attach to the site as well? I wanted to link more pictures but it appears that I can not. Do I have to donate for that as well?

bdoughty
11-16-2011, 12:12 PM
If you want a signature, you gotta donate to the site.

Must add that even after donating it will only be a static link as code is not allowed in signatures (mine for example).

bdoughty
11-16-2011, 12:15 PM
The link below shows you everything a donator gets.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?249-Support-The-Gaming-Tailgate

SmoothPancakes
11-16-2011, 12:37 PM
Must add that even after donating it will only be a static link as code is not allowed in signatures (mine for example).

Ah, yeah, I forgot about that part. Yeah, no direct links/code in the signatures, just static.