PDA

View Full Version : Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PS3, 360, PC)

JBHuskers
11-02-2011, 02:03 PM
This RPG definitely has my eye.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1211281p1.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6p_uanjsd0

morsdraconis
11-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Wow, it's just a huge amalgamation of like 4 different action RPGs into one. Looks pretty bland to me. (shrugs)

Nothingface
11-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Yeah, nothing further for me to see.

JBHuskers
02-03-2012, 03:29 PM
IGN gives it a 9. (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1216517p2.html)I played the demo and really enjoyed it. Definitely gonna get this.

morsdraconis
02-03-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm gonna check out the PC version. It looks interesting though I'm not sure if I'll like the emphasis on combat being all combos.

I OU a Beatn
02-03-2012, 04:44 PM
IGN gives it a 9. (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1216517p2.html)I played the demo and really enjoyed it. Definitely gonna get this.

Day one for me. It's what Fable III SHOULD have been. It had a few glitches during the demo, which have said to have been fixed already, but I had a blast with the demo so I'm definitely getting it Tuesday. No one is offering any really good deals on it, though, so I'm not sure where to order it from.

JBHuskers
02-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Day one for me. It's what Fable III SHOULD have been. It had a few glitches during the demo, which have said to have been fixed already, but I had a blast with the demo so I'm definitely getting it Tuesday. No one is offering any really good deals on it, though, so I'm not sure where to order it from.

Amazon has some sort of bonus I think. And maybe $10 credit too. Can't remember off the top of my head.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I OU a Beatn
02-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Amazon has some kind of weapons pack DLC but it doesn't have a credit as of yet. Newegg has it for $45 with free shipping so I might just go with that.

Marlowe
02-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Anyone played this yet? Thinking about picking it up this afternoon.

CLW
02-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Is this the game made by Curt Shilling's "new" company?

JBHuskers
02-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Is this the game made by Curt Shilling's "new" company?

Yep.

I OU a Beatn
02-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Anyone played this yet? Thinking about picking it up this afternoon.

It's awesome. If anyone's ever played Fable, it's a much better version of that. The combat is phenomenal.

JBHuskers
02-08-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm definitely going to get it within the next month or two.

Nothingface
02-08-2012, 02:09 PM
I've spent 6 hours on it since yesterday. I'm addicted and I don't know why. lol. Got it at gamestop and managed to get the only copy that wasn't pre-ordered.

CLW
02-08-2012, 02:30 PM
I don't think I have ever played an RPG before. :fp: How do they work? (generally speaking)

morsdraconis
02-08-2012, 02:37 PM
...What?

Seriously?

gschwendt
02-08-2012, 02:45 PM
I don't think I have ever played an RPG before. :fp: How do they work? (generally speaking):fp:

You do work, kill creatures, etc. and get experience points (XP). Spend XP to build your character how you'd like (strong with a sword or strong with magic, etc.) You get work from talking to NPCs (non-playable characters) and they have you do things like go kill this guy or deliver this package to that guy.

If you've never played them, then Fallout 3 would be a great way to put your feet into the shallow end... it's an RPG but it plays like an FPS.

steelerfan
02-08-2012, 03:19 PM
I don't think I have ever played an RPG before. :fp: How do they work? (generally speaking)

If you like going to Renaissance Festivals, fighting with plastic swords, wearing stretchy pants and chainmaille, dancing in the woods to pan flute tunes, and you believe in Orchs - it is for you.

If not, it helps to be 10 years old, or younger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

psuexv
02-08-2012, 03:30 PM

If you like going to Renaissance Festivals, fighting with plastic swords, wearing stretchy pants and chainmaille, dancing in the woods to pan flute tunes, and you believe in Orchs - it is for you.

Just watch out for people like JB who will hack your account

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF-vVqeKOGE

steelerfan
02-08-2012, 03:32 PM
:D:D:D

psuexv
02-08-2012, 03:34 PM

Or these guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBxFMLZ2188

gschwendt
02-08-2012, 03:40 PM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using TapatalkThis coming from someone who already professes that he likes an RPG game:

I just got it in yesterday from Amazon and only played for a couple of hours, but so far I like it.

steelerfan
02-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Yep. RPG guys. Every one of them. :D

morsdraconis
02-08-2012, 03:42 PM

God I fuckin' LOVE that show. Best show on TV not named House MD.

JBHuskers
02-08-2012, 03:46 PM

You can't even spell Orcs right :fp:

steelerfan
02-08-2012, 03:47 PM
This coming from someone who already professes that he likes an RPG game:

Panties in a wad much? :D

steelerfan
02-08-2012, 03:48 PM

Thank goodness!

steelerfan
02-08-2012, 03:50 PM

I put down the Middle Earth Creature Guide when I was 9. :nod:

gschwendt
02-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Panties in a wad much? :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using TapatalkNah... not at all. Just saying you're under the bus with us. :)

That said, I'm not really a big RPG player. I loved Fallout 3 & Borderlands and Skyrim is really good but overall it's not really my cup of tea.

steelerfan
02-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Nah... not at all. Just saying you're under the bus with us. :)

Just stirring the pot. ;)

morsdraconis
02-08-2012, 03:59 PM
And I say you're all insane because some of the best games I've ever played are RPGs.

CLW
02-08-2012, 04:04 PM
...What?

Seriously?

I'm telling you I've only recently ventured out beyond the sports game genre. This is due to: #1 GameFly and #2 Trophy Whoring (in no particular order)

:fp:

You do work, kill creatures, etc. and get experience points (XP). Spend XP to build your character how you'd like (strong with a sword or strong with magic, etc.) You get work from talking to NPCs (non-playable characters) and they have you do things like go kill this guy or deliver this package to that guy.

If you've never played them, then Fallout 3 would be a great way to put your feet into the shallow end... it's an RPG but it plays like an FPS.

Ah yeah one of my buddies from law school was into that kind of game cannot remember what it was called though.

LMAO sounds fun to the GameFly Queue you go. I presume these are not the kind of games that can be "beaten" in short order and require HOURS to get deep into the game? If that is so, I'll rent it and might buy it if I like it.

gschwendt
02-08-2012, 04:17 PM
LMAO sounds fun to the GameFly Queue you go. I presume these are not the kind of games that can be "beaten" in short order and require HOURS to get deep into the game? If that is so, I'll rent it and might buy it if I like it.Yeah... you generally spend a lot more time on RPGs. It's easy to spend around 100 hours on a single play-through.

bdoughty
02-08-2012, 04:23 PM
You do realize that when playing sports games you are essentially playing RPG's. Role Playing Games are not limited to fantasy based games. Most every sports game has RPG elements. Just compare Tiger Woods to say Skyrim. In both you create a character to use. You increase your attributes by swinging at an object. You have addons in the pro shop that are earned by swinging at an object that in turn make it easier to swing at said object. There is the option to uses magical forces such as in-air spin and turbo boost.

So congrats, you are a RPG fanatic, just never knew you were.

SmoothPancakes
02-08-2012, 06:24 PM

So wait, is this JB or the guy JB hacked? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAJZ3AurgU8

morsdraconis
02-08-2012, 06:30 PM
What is the FUCK did I just watch? :smh:

I'm a big RPG nerd but seriously, I can't believe people like THAT exist in this world... :fp:

JBHuskers
02-08-2012, 06:43 PM
I may play RPGs, but I also DJ, in a strip club. So there! :P

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bdoughty
02-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Proof once again that excessive playing of WOW will drain all you masculinity. I can now fully understand how Carrie Fisher went bat shit crazy.

gschwendt
02-08-2012, 07:19 PM
What is the FUCK did I just watch? :smh:

I'm a big RPG nerd but seriously, I can't believe people like THAT exist in this world... :fp:
His videos are farcical... he has several that are over the top like that but others where he laughs at the reactions he gets.

SmoothPancakes
02-08-2012, 08:13 PM
His videos are farcical... he has several that are over the top like that but others where he laughs at the reactions he gets.

I'll have to go with your take on it, as I had never seen his videos before that one. I just happened across that via the related videos from psuexv's link. The main image and video title/description alone was enough to make have to see what the video was about.

morsdraconis
02-08-2012, 08:47 PM

I take that back as you are indeed correct. Sadly, I've seen other videos that are like that, for real, so it's hard to tell sometimes.

He definitely seems like an intelligent guy. You might have turned me on to someone interesting to watch now.

oweb26
02-13-2012, 12:09 PM
This is a pretty good game, actually I am loving it thus far. I like it more than Skyrim for the simple fact that is has that "arcade" feel to it. Its never boring unlike how Skyrim can get at times when you are just walking or riding to your next destination. Though Skyrim has a better story by a wide margin!

This game always has a shot ton of baddies to fight along the way, and the way you can reallocate your points has already saved me. I was going to be sorcery based but I loved the dual wields so much that I had to become focused on that one.

hitman625
02-15-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm really enjoying my time with this game...I like the fact that there is so much action and choice makes it hard to put it down. I couldn't choose between being a rouge or a spellcaster so I decided to be both and I couldn't be happier. I'm a Tier 3 Arcanist able to teleport (replaces dodge) away from danger.

Marlowe
02-15-2012, 05:40 PM
the way you can reallocate your points has already saved me. I was going to be sorcery based but I loved the dual wields so much that I had to become focused on that one.

I started off duel wielding and switched at lvl 10 to a pure mage...damn if the class isn't a beast, lol. I might switch back later I'm finding most battles pretty much one sided right now.

Edit: Skill calculator for allocating points...might save on gold: http://www.38watch.com/calculator/