PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 12 Title Update #4 Details

cdj
10-31-2011, 09:02 AM
http://thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/NCAA12IdahoStand1.jpg

EA SPORTS has posted a new blog detailing the contents of Game Update #4 (http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog/title-update-4), expected to be available on Tuesday, November 8.

The update will address online desync issues, Road to Glory play-calling, and Online Dynasty transfer fail issues.

Hey Everyone, Ben Haumiller here with the announcement that Title Update #4 is targeted to be available on Tuesday, November 8th. Here are the details on what's included in Title Update #4:

Online Desync fix

We've fixed a desync that was occurring when performing pre-play adjustments from the 3-4 Under defensive formation.

Road to Glory

We've fixed an issue with the playcalling AI where running plays were called too often in situations where a passing play should be called. This was most noticeable when trailing late in a game with a running back RTG character.

Online Dynasty – Transfer Failed

There are a few different issues that are causing Transfer Failed notifications in Online Dynasties. The majority of people ran into this error when attempting to upload data (i.e. game result, recruiting info, etc.). The fix for this issue involved more than we could do on the server side alone, and that fix is included in this Title Update. There will also be a server deployment necessary to complete the fix for these Transfer Failed issues. At this time, it looks like that server deployment will happen shortly after the Title Update is available. Once we know the exact date of the deployment we will be sure to pass the info along.

As for the remaining Transfer Failed issues, we are continuing to investigate server side fixes for these issues.

This concludes what will be included in Title Update #4. Due to additional gameplay risk involved to fix issues related to prospect tendencies in Dynasty mode, we’ve decided to forego addressing via a Title Update. To provide a little background on the tendencies issue, there are some portions of the game that convert a value to get the correct tendency, while other portions do not make this conversion. We were able to fix the tendency issue in the portions of the game that do the conversions through the Title Update, however fixing the other instances would require modification of database data, stored procedures, and code. Rather than risk the potential for this fix to cause other major data issues in Dynasty mode, the decision has been made to apply the proper fix in NCAA Football 13. Thank you for all of your support throughout the year.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?522-NCAA-Football-12-Title-Update-4-Details

Pig Bomb
10-31-2011, 09:19 AM
http://thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/NCAA12IdahoStand1.jpg

EA SPORTS has posted a new blog detailing the contents of Game Update #4 (http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog/title-update-4), expected to be available on Tuesday, November 8.

The update will address online desync issues, Road to Glory play-calling, and Online Dynasty transfer fail issues.

Hey Everyone, Ben Haumiller here with the announcement that Title Update #4 is targeted to be available on Tuesday, November 8th. Here are the details on what's included in Title Update #4:

Online Desync fix

We've fixed a desync that was occurring when performing pre-play adjustments from the 3-4 Under defensive formation.

Road to Glory

We've fixed an issue with the playcalling AI where running plays were called too often in situations where a passing play should be called. This was most noticeable when trailing late in a game with a running back RTG character.

Online Dynasty – Transfer Failed

There are a few different issues that are causing Transfer Failed notifications in Online Dynasties. The majority of people ran into this error when attempting to upload data (i.e. game result, recruiting info, etc.). The fix for this issue involved more than we could do on the server side alone, and that fix is included in this Title Update. There will also be a server deployment necessary to complete the fix for these Transfer Failed issues. At this time, it looks like that server deployment will happen shortly after the Title Update is available. Once we know the exact date of the deployment we will be sure to pass the info along.

As for the remaining Transfer Failed issues, we are continuing to investigate server side fixes for these issues.

This concludes what will be included in Title Update #4. Due to additional gameplay risk involved to fix issues related to prospect tendencies in Dynasty mode, we’ve decided to forego addressing via a Title Update. To provide a little background on the tendencies issue, there are some portions of the game that convert a value to get the correct tendency, while other portions do not make this conversion. We were able to fix the tendency issue in the portions of the game that do the conversions through the Title Update, however fixing the other instances would require modification of database data, stored procedures, and code. Rather than risk the potential for this fix to cause other major data issues in Dynasty mode, the decision has been made to apply the proper fix in NCAA Football 13. Thank you for all of your support throughout the year.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?522-NCAA-Football-12-Title-Update-4-Details

can someone explain this a little more...i remember hearing about this waaay back... i recall CPU teams would recruit players [say a scrambling QB] and then once at the school their tendency would change, so the "scrambling" QB would become a pocket passer etc....

can anyone confirm and give more details on the exact issues and how it would effect online dynasties????
thanks

Sinister
10-31-2011, 09:22 AM
:fp::smh: Really they need to fix wr play, lag in db jumping for ints, super lb's need toned down. game needs to feel more fluid. Am I the only one who see this .

Unconquered
10-31-2011, 10:27 AM
Depressing. :fp:

The whole tone of Ben's post reads like a hit and run: "Sorry guys, this game is so f***ed we're just gonna wait till NCAA 13 to fix it. Thanks for your money!"

I really thought they'd at least fix the ridiculous "you've reached the minimum allowed plays for your coaching strategy" BS, which has just about ruined custom playbooks for me. It's not a custom playbook if I have to take plays and formations I don't want. :bang:

Anyway, lesson learned. I'm not buying NCAA on launch day anymore. I'll buy a used copy in late September/October when NCAA 13 is inevitably patched.

Pig Bomb
10-31-2011, 10:39 AM
the online dynasty site still has the "coming soon" tab...when is "soon"??? it's almost 2012!!

shockscape
10-31-2011, 10:47 AM
Remember the good ole days, before high speed internet?

keyser soze
10-31-2011, 11:19 AM
Ugggggghhhhh.... "As for the remaining Transfer Failed issues, we are continuing to investigate server side fixes for these issues."

Gotmadskillzson
10-31-2011, 11:43 AM
I am highly disappointed I am not going to lie. Another year where they spend the whole year trying to fix one issue and in the end they can't fix the issues and say wait until next year.Honestly they could have told us this information at the beginning of October. Online stuff and RTG......SMH. Also my biggest gripe is the fact they invested all this time and money in a tuner system but they don't even use it. Tuner system been in this series since NCAA 10. From to 10 to 12, we have had a total of 2 tuners.....In one hand I am glad they FINALLY admitted everytime they fix something they BREAK something else and opted out of breaking this game even further. For NCAA 13 they need to re-code the engine. Since it clearly obvious their engine wasn't coded correctly to begin with. Which is why everytime they try to correct something, something else breaks. I also find it ironic the year they decide to do a tv show and try to be tv superstars with their making of NCAA 12, is also the same year their game is the most buggiest out of the entire series for this generation of consoles. Talk about a PR nightmare.

oweb26
10-31-2011, 12:39 PM
LOL, this has to be or at least really close to being the last title update. Is this a patch or one of those other things they are able to do? I don't really play the game much anymore but if I was still interested I think I would be slightly upset.

keyser soze
10-31-2011, 01:21 PM
can't really be upset any more.... can we? at some point I think the bar will be so low that the thought of, "well i just hope this game/update doesn't corrupt my entire game console so I can play my other games" is a real possibility! LOL

but to be upset at this point? we have more time in trouble shooting problems on people's systems then they do.

RussellWilson
10-31-2011, 02:11 PM
Why doesn't EA fix the linebackers? well super linebackers. I had my passes swatted like at least 50+ times in two games.

RussellWilson
10-31-2011, 02:13 PM
Or at least the weather. Why does it seem like it rains every game i play? I doubt that a team plays half their games in the rain..... and where is the fog? isn't their suppose to be foggy games? What happened to that?

CLW
10-31-2011, 06:03 PM
Honestly, I'm surprised we got more than #3. 12 has so..... much potential but falls just short due to the annoying flaws/bugs. At this point, I'd honestly prefer the team turn its attention to 13 b/c title updates/tunes at this point in the cycle is pretty pointless IMHO.

SmoothPancakes
10-31-2011, 06:16 PM
Honestly, I'm surprised we got more than #3. 12 has so..... much potential but falls just short due to the annoying flaws/bugs. At this point, I'd honestly prefer the team turn its attention to 13 b/c title updates/tunes at this point in the cycle is pretty pointless IMHO.

Yeah, as unfortunate as it is, and bad as it sounds, it's time for the team to just cut it's losses with 12 and move onto 13. It's November 1st tomorrow. They need to focus 100% of their resources towards 13 instead of splitting part of it towards 12 and the rest towards 13, otherwise we're going to have the same problems with 13.

gigemaggs99
10-31-2011, 09:17 PM
Yeah, as unfortunate as it is, and bad as it sounds, it's time for the team to just cut it's losses with 12 and move onto 13. It's November 1st tomorrow. They need to focus 100% of their resources towards 13 instead of splitting part of it towards 12 and the rest towards 13, otherwise we're going to have the same problems with 13.

Yes but if they do that what good with places like this forum be?

It's freaking SICK how many posts and time have been put into discussing patches and "please fix this part or that part"....wouldn't it be nice to have a good game and come on here to talk strategy, or X's and O's?

Instead the HUGE majority of posts are on patches. That seems flawed.

jaymo76
11-01-2011, 12:14 AM

Agreed. Get what enjoyment you can out of 12 and wait for 13. I have finally got back into playing 12 after a long pause and I am having fun. I have learned to look past the issues that bug me. I know it's frustrating but the next version of this game is eight months away and that has to be where the fixes be focused.

JBHuskers
11-01-2011, 12:18 AM
Agreed. Get what enjoyment you can out of 12 and wait for 13. I have finally got back into playing 12 after a long pause and I am having fun. I have learned to look past the issues that bug me. I know it's frustrating but the next version of this game is eight months away and that has to be where the fixes be focused.

Yeah outside of not being able to continue a 4-man OD I was in, I've had enjoyment with the other 3 I'm doing.

bdoughty
11-01-2011, 02:58 AM
Yes but if they do that what good with places like this forum be?

It's freaking SICK how many posts and time have been put into discussing patches and "please fix this part or that part"....wouldn't it be nice to have a good game and come on here to talk strategy, or X's and O's?

Instead the HUGE majority of posts are on patches. That seems flawed.

That good sir is the internet in action. You will find this same issue with pretty much any game under the sun.

NBA 2K12 got really nice reviews, what are the kids over on that forum (2ksports.com) talking about. Probably all threads pertaining to the pros and cons of the Triangle offense and discussion on how the ABA has influenced today's game more than any player. Real hard hitting stuff.

All threads on the first page.

Sticky Thread Sticky: Language and Flaming (not a very good start, a good game should have mild mannered posters that discuss things rationally and never need to go down this road, because of course the game is good)
Anybody else hoping Live gets it right next time??? (Why would anyone want to discuss NBA Live on a board dedicated to NBA 2k12 with a Metacritic score of 91 for the 360 and PS3).
2K took away control of your player in 2k12 with animations (damn those evil 2k programmers, how on earth did this game get a 91 metacritic score)
anyone know how 2 turn off the zone balloons (Manuel? Old joke from a baseball movie Joe Mantegna was in)
Weird, and Unexplainable... (metacritc score of 91, therefore it should be Sane and Explainable)
?I don't get it? (Exactly)
My Player. Trades truly s.u.c.k.s. (M.e.t.a.c.r.i.t.c. of 91 calls you on this B.S.)
shooting bug (go down a few thread, problem solved)
Any1 else doesn't start MY PLAYER untill next patch? (This child was left behind)
Is YOUR My Player Team "STACKED"? ( * ) ( * ) ?
pc? (Mac?)
Did i make a mistake? (Ask the PC guy)
D Wade! (D Racist (http://www.terezowens.com/dwyane-wades-halloween-party-pics/))
PC Player's:Server's are up again (They might be up but nobody can get a game in)
Predetermined Shots? (Premature Right Stick Elongation)
Where are those high 3PTs%? (In our Online Association here at TGS by the CPU controlled teams)
Anyone elsa having problems with incorrect playbook being used in Association mode?? (Luigi anda Mario are)
how will i get the hall of fame goals with 7 min/quarter? (Never pass the ball?)

Petition For NBA 2K12 My Crew
It's official! No crew coming!!
2k WILL BRING BACK CREW

Got nothing. As you can see the majority of threads are complaints. Same goes at OS in their forum for 2K, it is just less visible as they tend to lock some of the less intelligent threads and like to clump a lot of stuff in bug/issues threads.

JBHuskers
11-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Yeah people act like NCAA is the only game with problems we need some idiotic and stupid Occupy movement....2K really shit the bed on a lot of things with NBA this year, but just like with NCAA, I'm having fun with it.

morsdraconis
11-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Yeah people act like NCAA is the only game with problems we need some idiotic and stupid Occupy movement....2K really shit the bed on a lot of things with NBA this year, but just like with NCAA, I'm having fun with it.

I don't see how. Playing 2k12 is just PAINFUL for me. I've had my My Player ruined by absolutely ridiculous trades (where half of my team changes from one game to the next, multiple times in a year). Playing an Association is just brutal because of the inability to run plays on offense because they just flatout don't work (or take so damn long to develop, it's disgusting) and I HATE playing street ball, so Association is killed for me as well (not to mention attempting to build a fuckin' offense is impossible because they TOTALLY fucked up custom playbooks in the game because if you call the play yourself, like 95% of the people that play Association do, you have a totally different playbook than what you set for your team).

At least with NCAA, if I wanted to, I could play a dynasty and build the offense I want to run on the field without having to spend 20 minutes each play to figure out if the play is even fuckin' viable (because it takes too long to develop, because my computer controlled players can't fuckin' execute the play correctly, or because it doesn't actually DO ANYTHING about trying to get open for a shot).

2k12 is, literally, so bad, I've went back to playing 2k11. It's really THAT bad.

hawkeyeguy
11-02-2011, 09:36 AM
I'm gonna keep bitching about superlinebackers until they are fixed. :-)

keyser soze
11-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Wow, just visited OS board and WOW, there is a LOT more fallout then normal it seems this year.

I wonder if the massive problems are partially caused by the lack of a new platform yet. Since every year the game is simply last year's game with added and modified code, it continues to grow and grow and get more complex. This is typically "fixed" with a start over called a new platform coding which takes away most of the features and gets back down to the basic features. With the "next generation" being pushed back, I can't help but wonder if that isn't leading to an uncontrollable amount of code that no one can really handle. There might be few software coders who are still even there from the first year on the next gen systems.

bdoughty
11-02-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm gonna keep bitching about superlinebackers until they are fixed. :-)

It worked for the guys who wanted dreads. Then they got the dreads and it was not the dreads they wanted so the cycle started again.

SmoothPancakes
11-02-2011, 07:36 PM
They'll never stop bitching and moaning about dreads. :fp:

JBHuskers
11-02-2011, 08:16 PM
They'll never stop bitching and moaning about everything . :fp:

Fixed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ram29jackson
11-02-2011, 09:35 PM
they arent going to fix the one thing that really made this a new game and that was the improved defense/zones etc ?

what a corporate joke ! what a waste ! they break the one thing that made it a cool game and dont even bother with it ?

pathetic,...just pathetic..it was a fairly decent game out the box, and now its a cardboard cut out, fragmented, piece of junk.

yeah, its just a game, and i'll play you guys online with it for fun. But, ultimately, from a design level, this is a freaking joke

xMrHitStickx904
11-03-2011, 12:48 AM
I haven't put the NCAA 12 disc in my systems since August 31st.

psusnoop
11-03-2011, 07:03 AM
I'm with most here, sure would have been nice to get more out of this update but I would just rather them focus on fixing most of this stuff for NCAA 13 now. Make that game everything you had hoped 12 would be!

keyser soze
11-03-2011, 08:04 AM
EA really should simply try to make NCAA 13 what NCAA 12 was suppose to be with NOTHING more. Simply try to get all the features to WORK.
Tendency
Playbooks
Zones/Man defense
Remove super LB
Ball trajectory
CPU play calling (particularly at end of half/game) Fix stuff like CPU trying 60+ yard field goals with a QB
QB footwork on options
Roster editing without breaking game
Conference changing without ruining schedules

And the 20 things I have forgotten about because I haven't been able to play the game for 2+ months because of the TRANSFER FAILED bug.

psusnoop
11-03-2011, 08:16 AM
EA really should simply try to make NCAA 13 what NCAA 12 was suppose to be with NOTHING more. Simply try to get all the features to WORK.
Tendency
Playbooks
Zones/Man defense
Remove super LB
Ball trajectory
CPU play calling (particularly at end of half/game) Fix stuff like CPU trying 60+ yard field goals with a QB
QB footwork on options
Roster editing without breaking game
Conference changing without ruining schedules

And the 20 things I have forgotten about because I haven't been able to play the game for 2+ months because of the TRANSFER FAILED bug.

That would be all jim dandy for us gamers like on here but they need to appeal to the masses and frankly we are not the masses. They are going to need to add atleast a couple or a few new wrinkles in there to appeal to the gamers that don't visit these boards. Some probably haven't had issues like we have had and some probably just write off a few as well. Bottom line though as much as you and I would love them to just put all efforts into perfecting 12 for 13 that can't happen. They have to appeal to a larger base of consumers which is going to require some new stuff. Just my 2 cents.

JBHuskers
11-03-2011, 08:36 AM
That would be all jim dandy for us gamers like on here but they need to appeal to the masses and frankly we are not the masses. They are going to need to add atleast a couple or a few new wrinkles in there to appeal to the gamers that don't visit these boards. Some probably haven't had issues like we have had and some probably just write off a few as well. Bottom line though as much as you and I would love them to just put all efforts into perfecting 12 for 13 that can't happen. They have to appeal to a larger base of consumers which is going to require some new stuff. Just my 2 cents.

Yep. This is basically the real world in a nutshell.

Pig Bomb
11-03-2011, 09:27 AM

here's a suggestion EA... fix all the things Keyser said for us and market NEW and improved sound, crowd, and atmosphere to the masses.... i think the game has taken steps backward as far as sound goes... there just isn't a feeling of intensity or excitement in games like there is in real life

hell ...if the masses can get excited about a buffalo running out on the field or marching bands, certainly they could excited about the game sounding and feeling like real collge football

psusnoop
11-03-2011, 09:43 AM
here's a suggestion EA... fix all the things Keyser said for us and market NEW and improved sound, crowd, and atmosphere to the masses.... i think the game has taken steps backward as far as sound goes... there just isn't a feeling of intensity or excitement in games like there is in real life

hell ...if the masses can get excited about a buffalo running out on the field or marching bands, certainly they could excited about the game sounding and feeling like real collge football

I for one would welcome new atmosphere and sounds for NCAA 13 and might add new Commentary as well into that grouping too.

But lets be honest here, each year EA NCAA has an obligation to make each new release is appealing and just tweaking and adding sounds just isn't going to do it. I'm not sure what would unless there is some "new" stuff added.

keyser soze
11-03-2011, 10:25 AM
How does one like me go about posting a POLL question on this site? I want to POLL for who thinks my personal TRANSFER FAILED problem will be fixed with the patch and see how much confidence there is in EA from this site being that this site is about as pro-EA as it gets. Can someone show/tell me how to do this?

DariusLock
11-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Video games get lazy when they have no competition. I wish EA had comp. in the NCAA genre.

psusnoop
11-03-2011, 10:53 AM
How does one like me go about posting a POLL question on this site? I want to POLL for who thinks my personal TRANSFER FAILED problem will be fixed with the patch and see how much confidence there is in EA from this site being that this site is about as pro-EA as it gets. Can someone show/tell me how to do this?

Keyser, I'm sure everyone hopes that your problem is fixed and things return to normalcy for you in regards to your online dynasty.

Mentioning this site "is about as pro-EA as it gets" really doesn't change ones person's "hopes" that your problems are fixed. A poll wouldn't give you a straight answer on whether it will be fixed or not. Only the update will show you. Unless you are trying to saying something in between here, in which case it's not needed either. So either way you want to shake it a poll isn't worth it at this time. I hope that the update works for you and your friend though.

morsdraconis
11-03-2011, 11:05 AM
I can't believe with all the amazing games that have come out over the past month or two plus all the amazing games coming out this month, who the hell cares about NCAA football still?

psusnoop
11-03-2011, 11:09 AM
I can't believe with all the amazing games that have come out over the past month or two plus all the amazing games coming out this month, who the hell cares about NCAA football still?

NCAA football is the sole reason why I play video games. Sure others are fun and enjoyable but for me NCAA is the only one that I truly care about enough to join a forum and discuss things :D

Unconquered
11-03-2011, 11:22 AM

Wasn't that basically what they tried (and failed) to do with the transition from NCAA 11 to NCAA 12? Just get things to WORK? :fp:

There aren't a whole lot of new features in NCAA 12, and the biggest one (custom playbooks) is busted.

What this really all boils down to is EA's football monopoly. With no competition, EA's gotten fat and lazy. If and when they lose their chokehold on the NCAA/NFL licence, EA's gonna be in for a rude awakening.

keyser soze
11-03-2011, 02:07 PM
No, I would like to post a simple POLL with the question: "Do you think that EA's 4th patch will fix Keyser Soze's TRANSFER FAILED problem?" Just curious how many people here think it will work and how many think it will not. Just something to do until the 8th when we all get to find out.

Keyser, I'm sure everyone hopes that your problem is fixed and things return to normalcy for you in regards to your online dynasty.

Mentioning this site "is about as pro-EA as it gets" really doesn't change ones person's "hopes" that your problems are fixed. A poll wouldn't give you a straight answer on whether it will be fixed or not. Only the update will show you. Unless you are trying to saying something in between here, in which case it's not needed either. So either way you want to shake it a poll isn't worth it at this time. I hope that the update works for you and your friend though.

razorback44
11-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Maybe its just me but I am loving '12 now. :dunno:

keyser soze
11-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Guessing I don't have access to starting POLLS as I don't see this option on my screen.

You may notice that some threads on this forum also include a section where you can vote on an issue or question. These threads are called 'polls'.

How do I create a new poll?

When you post a new thread, you may also have the option to create a poll.

This allows you to ask a question and specify a number of possible responses. Other members will then be able to vote for the response they wish, and the results of the voting will be displayed in the thread.

An example poll might be:

What is your favorite color?

Red
Blue
Yellow
Green
Sky-blue
Pink with yellow spots
To create a poll when you post a new thread, simply click the 'Yes, post a poll with this thread' checkbox at the bottom of the page, and set the number of possible responses you want to include.

When you click the submit button, you will be taken to the poll creation page, where you can specify the question and the list of responses you want to include.

You may also want to specify a time limit for the poll, so that (for example) it stays open for voting for only a week.

bdoughty
11-03-2011, 02:53 PM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?249-Support-The-Gaming-Tailgate

The chart explains who can make polls.

psusnoop
11-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Keyser the poll you want still won't show anything and it lost me when you stated you wanted to see how this site thought of EA's confidence to fix your problem since we are all "pro EA".

bdoughty
11-03-2011, 04:48 PM
I made his poll for him, just for shits and giggles. Also stuck it in the General Discussion thread, where if it really belonged, would belong.

Ain't I just a sweetie.

GatorBait06NC
11-03-2011, 06:16 PM
The fact that they are even having to still "fix" things in November is absurd. This series is complete trash and always will be until another company makes a NCAA Football game. Then when the consumers bail on EA, they will be forced to care or just bail on the game like they did the NCAA Basketball series. Until then, they will screw us every year. Thats the bottom line and it has been for years now. To make a good football game, you have to have great game developers and people who know the sport of football inside and out. EA has neither. And every July, they flaunt just how bad they are. Until they focus on getting some qualified people and the aspects of football and NOT garbage like season showdown and mascot games, we are all doomed.

bdoughty
11-03-2011, 06:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USHHQRodF88

xMrHitStickx904
11-03-2011, 07:02 PM
there's always gonna be the flashy feature they have to add in order to sell. But, games in the past have been able to add that flashy feature, but made sure the core aspects of the game itself was just about flawless in repsect towards its intended function.

psusnoop
11-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Gator you came to the site for NCAA 12 and you were so proud here and posting and wrote a blog I think, you were also making rosters now you are piping off about how shitty the series HAS been and continues to be and quite frankly anyone speaking out both sides of their mouth loses all respect from me. Have a good one and I enjoyed it when you weren't posting your rants while you were gone.

psusnoop
11-03-2011, 07:03 PM
there's always gonna be the flashy feature they have to add in order to sell. But, games in the past have been able to add that flashy feature, but made sure the core aspects of the game itself was just about flawless in repsect towards its intended function.

And that is exactly what we are all hoping happens for NCAA 13.

keyser soze
11-04-2011, 09:15 AM
I made his poll for him, just for shits and giggles. Also stuck it in the General Discussion thread, where if it really belonged, would belong.

Ain't I just a sweetie.

Thanks DUDE, you DA MAN!

PSU, you are over thinking this. Simply wondering what people's thoughts are regarding if the patch will indeed do as advertised.

psusnoop
11-04-2011, 09:24 AM
Thanks DUDE, you DA MAN!

PSU, you are over thinking this. Simply wondering what people's thoughts are regarding if the patch will indeed do as advertised.

After I got home from work I reread some stuff and realized I may have been (I voted in the poll last evening) my bad.

ram29jackson
11-04-2011, 06:08 PM
I dont like the focus on next year cop out talk.. This game can be good through spring..they need to focus on getting zones to exactly what they were originally, it was the best new aspect on field and shouldnt be ignored or passed off.

i really dont think it would take the company much effort to get the people needed together and fix that by the last week in November or first week in Dec. ..seriously, botching the on field zones was really dumb and needs to be corrected as close to immediately as possible. Make it happen !!!!!!!!!

jaymo76
11-05-2011, 03:39 PM
I dont like the focus on next year cop out talk.. This game can be good through spring..they need to focus on getting zones to exactly what they were originally, it was the best new aspect on field and shouldnt be ignored or passed off.

i really dont think it would take the company much effort to get the people needed together and fix that by the last week in November or first week in Dec. ..seriously, botching the on field zones was really dumb and needs to be corrected as close to immediately as possible. Make it happen !!!!!!!!!

I would love to see some more fixes but NCAA 13 is out in eight months so it goes gold in less than seven. The priority for the team has to be 13. There is no way they can justify more time with 12.

keyser soze
11-06-2011, 12:13 PM
I would love to see some more fixes but NCAA 13 is out in eight months so it goes gold in less than seven. The priority for the team has to be 13. There is no way they can justify more time with 12.

Agree because even they acknowledge that every "fix" breaks more stuff. At least they have gone public with the fact that they are clueless when it comes to coding.

What's eye-opening is this thought, it has been 4 months since the release of '12 and they haven't been able to fix the code to get the bugs out. Now they only have 7 months to add more code for more features, fix all the problems that they will create with the new features/gimmicks and then release that in '13. So one would have to be a FOOL to be surprised that the game is going to SUCK out of the box next year for the same reasons that 4 months after this release, they can't even get the released game to work as advertised.

cdj
11-06-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm hearing that Patch 4 is now available for PS3 users.

Oneback
11-06-2011, 06:55 PM
It is, I am downloading as I type.

ram29jackson
11-06-2011, 07:02 PM

thats been the chant/cry the last two years, theyve proven they cant focus on anything and be consistent.

now theyll tout zones as a new feature next year and maybe actually put in diving catches which they promised and I have not seen yet either.....still waiting on that improved dynasty site too......

gigemaggs99
11-06-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm hearing that Patch 4 is now available for PS3 users.

Yes sir, just downloaded it.

Kansacity88
11-06-2011, 08:06 PM
thats been the chant/cry the last two years, theyve proven they cant focus on anything and be consistent.

now theyll tout zones as a new feature next year and maybe actually put in diving catches which they promised and I have not seen yet either.....still waiting on that improved dynasty site too......

Actually just saw two diving catches in 4 days apart. Caught 1 and another was dropped. I think the Alaska State coach took a pic of one from a nice angle. So they are there BUT you only see them as often as you see a whore in church!

gigemaggs99
11-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Actually just saw two diving catches in 4 days apart. Caught 1 and another was dropped. I think the Alaska State coach took a pic of one from a nice angle. So they are there BUT you only see them as often as you see a whore in church!

Alaska State..... that's funny! :up:

Unconquered
11-07-2011, 09:55 AM
and maybe actually put in diving catches which they promised and I have not seen yet either.....still waiting on that improved dynasty site too......

I was playing last night and I saw three diving/lunging catches in one game. Just make sure you have receivers with a high Spectacular Catch rating (90-95).

I don't think having high SPC actually makes a receiver any better ... it just unlocks rare animations.

keyser soze
11-07-2011, 12:30 PM
The boys over at OS make it sound like the patch did NOTHING in the way of fixing the TRANSFER FAILED issues.... unreal, wonder if it does anything at all.

Unconquered
11-08-2011, 06:55 AM
Available on Xbox 360 now.

cdj
11-08-2011, 10:15 AM
From Twitter:

EANCAAFootball - The server side update required to address the transfer fail issues with uploading game results has been deployed as well!

keyser soze
11-08-2011, 01:04 PM
From Twitter:

Ahhhhh, news come from Twitter.

Has this helped ANYONE on here who is stuck with this problem? It did NOT help me, I still get the exact same TRANSFER FAILED message for every OD, even if I make a brand new one from scratch!

hawkeyeguy
11-08-2011, 03:56 PM
It's gotta be your gamertag

bdoughty
11-08-2011, 04:54 PM
It's gotta be your gamertag

I agree 100%, EA has taken over your gamertag. EA will do anything to limit bad press or people trying to hinder sales by discussing spoilers (http://www.dsogaming.com/news/bioware-and-ea-send-neogaf-a-cease-and-desist-notice-over-mass-effect-3-spoilers/).

hawkeyeguy
11-09-2011, 09:10 AM
I agree 100%, EA has taken over your gamertag. EA will do anything to limit bad press or people trying to hinder sales by discussing spoilers (http://www.dsogaming.com/news/bioware-and-ea-send-neogaf-a-cease-and-desist-notice-over-mass-effect-3-spoilers/).

Nice sarcasm. I've read on OS and on other sites where people have had some problem with their gamertag and their dynasty and by changing their GT they've reported no problems.

DariusLock
11-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Did this fix the OT bug, where the home team gets two possesions on a Turnover or whatever?

Kansacity88
11-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Alaska State..... that's funny! :up:

Ha! Just trying to be unique, ya know? :nod:

bogeyexpress
11-10-2011, 10:11 PM
I will say this. Our OD (5 man 1* to start) survived all patches until this one. We just completed season 2 and were in the end of season recruiting. Commish advanced from week 2 to week 3 recruiting and what happens? You guessed it, server errer - TRANSFER FAIL. Subsequently. our OD vanished from the server.Way to go EA, you still SUCK!

keyser soze
11-11-2011, 06:39 AM
Oh CRAP, are you freaking serious?!?!?! So the 4th patch which was specifically designed to FIX the issue actually broke your OD with that very issue! Man, let's pray my surgeon who operates on my shoulder does NOT have the same results!

I will say this. Our OD (5 man 1* to start) survived all patches until this one. We just completed season 2 and were in the end of season recruiting. Commish advanced from week 2 to week 3 recruiting and what happens? You guessed it, server errer - TRANSFER FAIL. Subsequently. our OD vanished from the server.Way to go EA, you still SUCK!