PDA

View Full Version : Powerhouse OD - General Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12

psuexv
01-21-2011, 08:12 AM
Congrats Prime..... although a job might cut into your NCAA and Four Loco habits. :)

JeffHCross
01-21-2011, 06:36 PM
all of us in one conference would be crazy, but doable since we can make custom conferences now.Well, we did that "all in one conference" last year, remember?

Obviously it's not possible since you can only switch teams with custom conferences, but I would love to see us all as Independents in a future version of PH, if it ever became feasible. That would allow us to schedule however many user games we wanted, and we wouldn't have to worry about unbalanced schedules or being unable to fit the user games we want into the schedule.

One of the aerospace companies liked my navy experienceI told you they would.

fsuprime
01-21-2011, 07:55 PM
yea but i joined late, and had my first recruiting class NUKED by a EA glitch ;0 so i was not really competitive until my last season or two with Auburnt. This time around would could stack a conference with decent teams instead of someone being forced to use vandy or Cantucky.

Yep, the financial services people liked the navy part too, but mainly for the supervisor bulletpoint I had, and for the fact that it let them i know I was not 21 lol.
Now my friend who works at ernst and young is trying to tell me not to be a financial adviser and do what he does (which he never really explains very well) for his company...either way i thought talking to these people would be like public speaking or giving a speech (raised nerves etcc...) but I was like a terminator talking to these peeps...the user vs user experience in this OD must have given me the immunity to nervousness in pressure situations :p

JeffHCross
01-21-2011, 08:24 PM
So, apparently when I saved my profile this morning after doing my recruiting I completely lost my NCAA profile. I knew it was weird that it said I had an unsaved file, but I saved it anyway ... now my favorite team and all of that stuff has disappeared ... very strange.

fsuprime
01-23-2011, 05:22 PM
ugh, cant believe that juco jr RB did not even soft commit to me lol, not a big deal since no one else is recruiting him at all, but i was hoping to free up some recruiting time this week.

JeffHCross
01-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Texas A&M beat Oregon 38-17
Penn State beat Oregon 24-17
USC beat Penn State 35-10
Estimated score of USC-Texas A&M: USC +39

Wisconsin beat Texas A&M 31-10
Texas beat Michigan 49-14
Michigan beat Wisconsin 28-23
Estimated score of Texas-Texas A&M: Texas +61

:sick:

psuexv
01-24-2011, 08:01 PM
lol - I wish it worked that way, but I like the logic

JeffHCross
01-24-2011, 08:33 PM
It might honestly work out that way.

gschwendt
01-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Papa & Oneback, I believe both of you ran into the issue of not being able to practice in OD... any advice for Solidice?

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?919-Share-Your-Impressions-of-NCAA-Football-11-(Post-update-3-LTP-4)&p=39217&viewfull=1#post39217

Papa LoneStar
01-25-2011, 01:00 PM
It started back working randomly the following season....Oneback might have a better understanding of why.

@Jeff....last season

Penn State over USC 28-14
Texas over Penn State 56-18
USC over Texas 52-28

Explain that one....:(

psuexv
01-25-2011, 01:02 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWTICaey2w4rdR8DYGA_BoMchTQqCbq 8-tkwwrQGLfpJvfz5h8

Papa LoneStar
01-25-2011, 01:12 PM
FYI....

vs Wisconsin W 52-44 [Orange Bowl]
vs Penn State L 37-31 (2OT)
at Ohio State W 31-30
vs Ohio State W 45-24 [Rose Bowl]
at Penn State 56-18
at Michigan W 49-14

Clearly....Texas > Big 10 :p

Papa LoneStar
01-25-2011, 01:13 PM
lol @ E....:(

psusnoop
01-25-2011, 01:25 PM
LOL

How many championships does the Pac 10 have? Hmm, same amount as the Big 10........

I'd say until someone knocks of the U or FSU we need to start worrying about the ACC.

Papa LoneStar
01-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Pac-10 has 1....in 2010. How many national championship losses does the Big 10 have? :p

psuexv
01-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Pac-10 has 1....in 2010. How many national championship losses does the Big 10 have? :p

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

psusnoop
01-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Lol, let's just say this is something we as a conference are going to be tweaking some things that should be put in place for the upcoming years to drastically change college football as we know it. Let's just call it the " big experiment".

Hehe

psusnoop
01-25-2011, 03:42 PM
Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Shut your pie hole

psuexv
01-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Lol, let's just say this is something we as a conference are going to be tweaking some things that should be put in place for the upcoming years to drastically change college football as we know it. Let's just call it the " big experiment".

Hehe

You mean getting rid of your weakest link? Sorry Jeff, I couldn't resist, Snoop lobbed it up there I had to take a swing :)

psusnoop
01-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Nope thinking ahead I'm going to lobby to get FSU, Texas, USC, and Texas A&M on my OOC schedule for two years. This is just rumors so far as the Penn State AD has not made any contact with other universities as of today.

Stay tuned though as things progress we will keep you posted.

JeffHCross
01-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Nope thinking ahead I'm going to lobby to get FSU, Texas, USC, and Texas A&M on my OOC schedule for two years.I still see one Sister of the Poor in that schedule. You can do better.

psusnoop
01-25-2011, 07:46 PM
Hey I enjoy our chats to much to lose that one. Though I'd love to add Miami in place, just for two years, lol

ryby6969
01-25-2011, 07:54 PM
Hey I enjoy our chats to much to lose that one. Though I'd love to add Miami in place, just for two years, lol

We can arrange that.

JeffHCross
01-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Because of the impending storm that's expected to hit the DC area during evening rush tomorrow, I'm going to focus on surviving tomorrow and not concern myself with playing against Eric until Thursday for our Week 7 game.

Oneback
01-25-2011, 08:37 PM
Priorities man, your going to let a little snow slow you down...I thought you were a northerner. I'd understand if you were from Texas, next you know you'll be at Walmart at midnight tonight buying rations for the week.

psuexv
01-25-2011, 09:13 PM
I kind of have to agree with OB. No real reason not to play Jeff.

JeffHCross
01-26-2011, 06:37 AM
The key you're both glossing over is that I have absolutely no clue when I'll make it home tomorrow. It's not myself I'm worried about ... it's all the other drivers in the DC Metro area.

psusnoop
01-26-2011, 06:47 AM
Take the day off, play through a season of NCAA. Get that afternoon nap in, order a pizza for lunch and have yourself a great day today!

Papa LoneStar
01-26-2011, 06:56 AM
Haha....sounds like a great plan, Snoop

psusnoop
01-26-2011, 08:06 AM
I really wish I would have implemented myself actually. Maybe next week or game day of the UM vs PSU game.

JeffHCross
01-26-2011, 07:25 PM
My normal commute is 30 minutes.
It took me 3+ hours tonight.

My car is sitting about a half-mile away, at a shopping center, because that was the closest point I had reached in the last hour. I had moved a half-mile in an hour. Traffic is basically at a standstill for everything that is normally bad, and half-speed or less for everything that is normally full-speed. At the shopping center where I left my car, there were at least 4 cars, if not more, stuck in the snow.

Eric and I will not be playing tonight ... I'm nowhere near in the mental state required. In fact, I'll probably be in bed within an hour.

JeffHCross
01-27-2011, 09:08 PM
I posted two articles on last night's commute, and this morning's aftermath, here (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?425-The-Anything-Thread&p=39665&viewfull=1#post39665). As I told Eric tonight during our game, I think I may have understated it in my post last night.

JeffHCross
01-30-2011, 11:14 PM
I told Eric the other night about the CPU grabbing my toss on a Wingback Toss play. I posted the highlight here: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?548-Share-Your-NCAA-Football-11-Highlights&p=39978&viewfull=1#post39978

psusnoop
01-31-2011, 07:21 AM
hahaha that was funny. First time I've seen that on this years version.

JeffHCross
01-31-2011, 05:13 PM
hahaha that was funny. First time I've seen that on this years version.I don't think I've ever seen a stolen toss before. So frustrating.

Escobar
01-31-2011, 06:47 PM
I posted a highlight of DaQuan Bowers doing it. I think it was in Season 1.

psusnoop
01-31-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm going to see if I can find that escobar

fsuprime
01-31-2011, 07:32 PM
yea i did it to skipwondah i think twice in one game when he was using va tech

ryby6969
01-31-2011, 07:34 PM
I am trying to figure out how I was jumped by Michigan in the polls?:rolleyes:

JeffHCross
01-31-2011, 07:47 PM
yea i did it to skipwondah i think twice in one game when he was using va techA stolen pitch or a stolen toss? Big difference. Stolen pitches on Option plays happen all the time.

fsuprime
01-31-2011, 07:48 PM
ahh ok, it was a pitch from the shotgun speed option. ive seen toss plays fubared and miss the RB completely but never straight to a LB

Escobar
02-01-2011, 10:18 AM
When DaQuan did it, the other team was in the Normal Flex Wing, or Wing Offset formation. He just ran passed the tackle and intercepted the pitch on a HB Toss play.

fsuprime
02-01-2011, 02:20 PM
ncaa 12 idea: it would be sweet if there was an option on the OD wire for oneback to give commissioner control over to another user for the week, or just in general so that anyone could advance if they were home. Or be able to designate 2 commissioners..obviously we would not want fsuprime or papa in charge, lest they either advance to soon or want to see what happens with their 5star recruits in progression training, but oneback and G would be good since G seems to usually go home for lunch :o

gschwendt
02-01-2011, 02:40 PM
ncaa 12 idea: it would be sweet if there was an option on the OD wire for oneback to give commissioner control over to another user for the week, or just in general so that anyone could advance if they were home. Or be able to designate 2 commissioners..obviously we would not want fsuprime or papa in charge, lest they either advance to soon or want to see what happens with their 5star recruits in progression training, but oneback and G would be good since G seems to usually go home for lunch :o
Actually I work from home... so I'm here all day. But yeah, that'd be nice. That or the ability to advance from the DW website *crossesfingers*.

fsuprime
02-01-2011, 02:42 PM
yea that would be cool too, but as i think jeff pointed out to me a while ago then all of the *calculations* would have to be run from the site(ea server side) and not the (ps3)machine and this could cause a lot of problems maybe? I guess maybe oneback could leave his ps3 on during a day that he thought we might get to 'ready for advance' and patch in via uplink and nuke it from orbit :)

psuexv
02-01-2011, 03:49 PM
I guess maybe oneback could leave his ps3 on during a day that he thought we might get to 'ready for advance' and patch in via uplink and nuke it from orbit :)

Lmao

JeffHCross
02-01-2011, 08:37 PM
yea that would be cool too, but as i think jeff pointed out to me a while ago then all of the *calculations* would have to be run from the site(ea server side) and not the (ps3)machine and this could cause a lot of problems maybe?Problems ... no ... they'd just have to change where the simulations are calculated. It's pretty clear to me that right now when I advance the OD, everything gets calculated on the local PS3, and then is uploaded to the EA servers. If they figured out a way to do the calculations on their end with our dynasty file, then it's possible.

gschwendt
02-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Problems ... no ... they'd just have to change where the simulations are calculated. It's pretty clear to me that right now when I advance the OD, everything gets calculated on the local PS3, and then is uploaded to the EA servers. If they figured out a way to do the calculations on their end with our dynasty file, then it's possible.Only problem with that is managing the traffic on the server that hosts the OD files... if it had to manage traffic for not only uploads & downloads of files but also handle dynasty simulations, that would likely slow down one of the processes and piss some folks off (namely those that wouldn't use the DW sim option). They'd have to manage it right in order to accomplish that...

JeffHCross
02-01-2011, 09:06 PM
They'd have to manage it right in order to accomplish that...Exactly.

fsuprime
02-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Good day for FSU in real life, lost out on tony steward but according to person who works for fsu athletic department lots of shenanigans going on there so we are better off with out him.

I would like to say a special thanks to tOSU for getting curtis grant and keeping him from fU, wish you all would have flipped story as well.

fsuprime
02-03-2011, 02:16 PM
I really thought the snow storms would help us advance faster lol, hope no ones homes were damaged too badly!

Oneback
02-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Snow storms, bah...I've still had to work all week.

psuexv
02-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Anyone on here do any investing? Or sell some stocks and have to claim them on their taxes?

fsuprime
02-03-2011, 05:54 PM
yea i have, why

First thing is to figure out if you held them for longer than 1 year, that is the big tax break...if you held them for less that one year (i.e. u bought it then sold it before 360 days was up) you are taxed on any profits at your income level+profits so it CAN push you into the next tax bracket.

If you held it for longer than one year, it is taxed much less, for a married couple claim i think up to 60,000 total is tax free income if your current income comes under less than that. So say my wife makes 35 grand, i make 0 as a student...i can sell stock and profit 25,000 and have tax free income on that 25 grand.

After that it tiers up. the table here can help http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_gains_tax_in_the_United_States

just use the 2008- 2012 part of the table. Long term cap gains is taxed at 15% after those first two tiers of tax free income. It goes up to 20% in 2013 if we do not extend bush tax cuts (i.e. we do not raise taxes as conservatives would say)

*edit* according to chart it is 67,000 not 60000.

also losses can lower your income level but that is trickier and i am not as well versed on that side of things

psuexv
02-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Thanks Prime, like I said last night it's a big mess.

JeffHCross
02-06-2011, 03:38 PM

RcSinger
02-06-2011, 04:21 PM
At any point along the way, are we going to change teams and or conferences? I am not ready to change just yet, I want to see what kind of team I can build with VT, but at some point, I would like to get back in the SEC.

JeffHCross
02-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Well, I changed last season, but that was to a Pac-10 team. I wouldn't expect we'll be changing teams except to conferences where we already have teams ... unless multiple people choose to move at the same time. Or multiple people were interested in moving to various conferences, so we were spread semi-equally. We intentionally limited ourselves to just a few conferences in order to have User matchups.

Now, all that being said ... Powerhouse is known for stopping and then starting over. It's always possible that we're getting to that point too.

fsuprime
02-06-2011, 09:17 PM
i wont be changing teams, too far along now and getting to see all my recruits become juniors and seniors is nice...a restart would just put me on the sideline until ncaa12 i think.

Oneback
02-07-2011, 06:28 AM
Now that I am starting to build depth, although that could all be taken away in the next two years, it would be hard to change teams/restart. Just like Jeff however, I am not going to stop guys from changing teams as long as we can keep a balance. I'd like to see a minimum of 3 users per conference so if some guys want to make a move to the SEC just make sure you and two others go, but make sure there will be three guys remaining in the conference(s) you are leaving.

As it stands right now:

ACC:
Clemson - Escobar
Florida State - FSUPrime
Miami - Ryby6969
VaTech - RCSinger

Big 10:
Michigan - Oneback
Penn State - psusnoop
Wisconsin - gschwendt

Pac 10:
Oklahoma - IronDragon
Oregon - Kingpin
Texas - Papa Lonestar
Texas AM - JeffHCross
USC - psuexv

Singer, I know you'd probably like to move to Alabama, you might want to start talking to some of the guys over in the Pac 10 to see if they'd be willing to make that move with you.

JeffHCross
02-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Yeah, I know guys wouldn't want to restart (especially FSU, Papa, and other national contenders ;)), it was just an observation that each of the last two years we've stopped and restarted at some point. And we didn't this year. Though, of course, neither time did we get more than a couple years into it before the restart.

RcSinger
02-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Well, Some of us are {ahem} a little lesser talented than the rest. A 3 user move to the SEC would maintain a fair amount of balance and give us #15's plus a better chance at scoring a conference championship and competing in a january bowl game. Like I said, I am not ready right this minute, I would like to continue to build VT at least until I get a straight A- team and see how I fair. But I bleed Crimson and White and if others are interested in moving in a season or two, I'd love to make that move. Just keep a decent rotation of user/user OOC matchups.

Any other users who might be interested in moving to the SEC, hit me with a message.

Oneback
02-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Good thing about the SEC is there is no lack of traditional powerhouse teams, Alabama, Florida and Tennessee whould be three that stand out.

fsuprime
02-07-2011, 05:43 PM
yep and bama is pulling a sick class right now

Escobar
02-07-2011, 06:41 PM
I wouldn't mind switching with you RC. I would pick Georgia, but I would like to play 1 or 2 more years with Clemson. That means someone from the Pac-10 would have to move to the ACC.

JeffHCross
02-07-2011, 07:24 PM
And yet again I'm reminded that I hope, hope, hope that some year it will be possible for us to throw everyone into Independents so we wouldn't have to worry about this stuff.

RcSinger
02-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Well, that's 2, One more (and someone who would move to ACC from pac 10) and we would be set. I too want to play one or two more seasons with VT. I am recruiting an impressive class this year and would like to see how they fare in about 2 seasons.

Another SEC powerhouse team is LSU.

JeffHCross
02-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Let's be honest ... you could play practically anyone that's not Vanderbilt and still be a "powerhouse" team. Kentucky's borderline even.

Singer at Alabama scares me ... they're already Top 3 in recruiting, and we all know what Papa did to us last year with Bama.

RcSinger
02-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Hehe, Oneback took Penn St and I took Alabama (the game roster) and he beat me quite convincingly. It was close for a while but in the end, he took the game with ease.

Oneback
02-08-2011, 06:46 AM
Let's be honest ... you could play practically anyone that's not Vanderbilt and still be a "powerhouse" team. Kentucky's borderline even.

Singer at Alabama scares me ... they're already Top 3 in recruiting, and we all know what Papa did to us last year with Bama.

We'd have someone to compete with Texas in terms of recruiting...in all honesty though recruiting with Michigan has gotten pretty easy at this point as well.

JeffHCross
02-08-2011, 06:54 PM
I'd like to see a minimum of 3 users per conference so if some guys want to make a move to the SEC just make sure you and two others go, but make sure there will be three guys remaining in the conference(s) you are leaving. Just a thought, but if we ended up with 2 in the ACC and 2 in the SEC, they could agree to play each other in OOC games and while there wouldn't be anything to impede them from winning the conference, 3 user games each (if the schedules would allow it) would at least provide an obstacle on the way to the National Championship.

RcSinger
02-08-2011, 08:59 PM
not a bad idea, there would however be a redundancy in both of those conferences as pretty much every year would see both users facing off in the conf championship game, so basically me and Escobar would play each other every regular season, and then again in the SEC champioinship as would be the case for Prime and Ryby. Without a third, every season would be basically 2 games + OOC. If someone from one of those conferences were to be headed to the Nat Champ (as prime and Ryby are likely to do) then the other would almost be guaranteed a January bowl game, which would in turn steer a lot of 4 and 5* recruits their way.

Kingpin32
02-08-2011, 09:21 PM
I would be willing to move to LSU or Florida.

RcSinger
02-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Sweet!! It appears set then

RcSinger - Alabama
Escobar - Georgia
Kingpin - LSU/Florida

Kind of need one from the Pac - 10 to go to the ACC.

Are you OK with waiting at least 2 more seasons before the move? Me and Escobar are balls deep in building our current teams right now and want a couple years to see what we can build before the change. Probably a month or two before changing.

RcSinger
02-08-2011, 09:39 PM
A New Look

SEC:
Alabama - RCSinger
Georgia - Escoar
Florida - Kingpin (or LSU)

ACC:
Florida State - FSUPrime
Miami - Ryby6969

Big 10:
Michigan - Oneback
Penn State - psusnoop
Wisconsin - gschwendt

Pac 10:
Oklahoma - IronDragon
Texas - Papa Lonestar
Texas AM - JeffHCross
USC - psuexv

Anyone in the PAC 10 want to take an ACC team. VA Tech should be A- across the board at worst in 2 seasons. There's a lot of talent in the second string, Several high rated starters this year are Juniors so those backups will have even another year to get better (some of them) and VT is having one hell of a recruiting year.

Papa LoneStar
02-08-2011, 11:32 PM
The only candidate from the great Pac-10 IMO is ID....I mean....Jeff left his alma mater....THE Ohio State Buckeyes for the Aggies....say that twice. I'd has gotten some good players....but it's tough to recruit on this side of the country with the Longhorns and Trojans.....now with TAMU emerging. I'm not sure ID would want to move....but I can guarantee he's the only one who would consider it.

gschwendt
02-09-2011, 12:13 AM
I nominate Papa to take over Ole Miss.

Papa LoneStar
02-09-2011, 07:41 AM
Haha....if I left....it would be to Iowa or Arkansas.

skipwondah33
02-09-2011, 11:56 AM
What it is fellas?

I see Papa and Prime are still cheating and giving out cash to recruits :D

Is there a thread that lists all of the national and bowl champs? I've been reading up and I know Prime won one but who else took one home?

Oneback
02-09-2011, 12:02 PM
I believe it's been Papa, Miami (ex-coach), and Prime x2 thus far.

fsuprime
02-09-2011, 12:12 PM
FSU needs to win 2 more user games to attain a three-peat

gschwendt
02-09-2011, 12:18 PM
What it is fellas?

I see Papa and Prime are still cheating and giving out cash to recruits :D

Is there a thread that lists all of the national and bowl champs? I've been reading up and I know Prime won one but who else took one home?
That kind of ties into something I've been playing around with lately and was going to bring to Oneback but starting with NCAA12, I plan to have a full Wiki site for SBCOL. Basically it would cover each of the teams used, each of the owners, the seasons, the awards, the conferences, etc. would all have a dedicated page. Then individual users could maintain their own site, post recruiting classes, etc. Wikia (http://www.wikia.com/Wikia) seems like a good site so far in my initial testing.

Papa LoneStar
02-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Wow....great idea, G.

Miss ya, Skip!

JeffHCross
02-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Is there a thread that lists all of the national and bowl champs? I've been reading up and I know Prime won one but who else took one home?http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?1247-Record-Book

Wikia (http://www.wikia.com/Wikia) seems like a good site so far in my initial testing.If memory serves, don't you have to have a certain amount of perceived brand recognition for Wikia to give you space? It's been a while since I looked.

gschwendt
02-09-2011, 09:09 PM
If memory serves, don't you have to have a certain amount of perceived brand recognition for Wikia to give you space? It's been a while since I looked.From what I remember, there wasn't a huge perk for subscribing... and actually now that I look for it, I don't even see a subscription option.

JeffHCross
02-09-2011, 10:17 PM
After looking into it a little bit, I must have been thinking about some other site. Wikia appears to be open to practically anyone.

fsuprime
02-10-2011, 03:40 PM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/180031_191835540840316_100000416141198_591267_9118 09_n.jpg

thought i would share this since the name of the burger is called 'a dead texan'

burger, fried egg, jalapenos, onion, lettuce, tomato, mayo, cheese and each bun is a grilled cheese sandwich :)

psuexv
02-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Holy shit I want one.

psuexv
02-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Prime I'll PM you my address, ship me one.

fsuprime
02-10-2011, 03:52 PM
haha yea it was awesome, they have a few more new ones added to the menu im going to try once a week over the next few weeks. I want one right now though and they only open for breakfast and lunch arghhhhh

psuexv
02-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Oh I didn't realize that was you chowing down.... nicely done.

fsuprime
02-10-2011, 04:04 PM
haha yes the iphone adds a few pounds in the face

Papa LoneStar
02-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Wow....that looks and sounds good....muthafunk the name of it though :p

Oneback
02-10-2011, 07:34 PM
That does look tasty, I think I would be a dead texan after eating it though.

psusnoop
02-11-2011, 06:28 AM
E that is right in your wheelhouse of things to eat.

skipwondah33
02-11-2011, 07:59 AM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?1247-Record-Book
If memory serves, don't you have to have a certain amount of perceived brand recognition for Wikia to give you space? It's been a while since I looked.

Cool thanks Jeff.

That would be a great idea G if it can be put together. Depending on what is added to the dynasty website maybe something can be done off of that.

psuexv
02-11-2011, 08:16 AM
E that is right in your wheelhouse of things to eat.

I know, I thinking we need to make some for a tailgate this year. Better than me eating an entire big boy of Chef Boyardee Ravioli.

JeffHCross
02-11-2011, 09:29 PM
an entire big boy of Chef Boyardee Ravioli.What defines a "big boy"?

psuexv
02-11-2011, 09:46 PM
What defines a "big boy"?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Chef-Boyardee-In-Tomato-Meat-Sauce-Beef-Ravioli/10308536

40 oz of tomato beefy goodness.

JeffHCross
02-11-2011, 11:25 PM
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Chef-Boyardee-In-Tomato-Meat-Sauce-Beef-Ravioli/10308536

40 oz of tomato beefy goodness.Ah, didn't those used to be called "Family Size"?

I used to have that for dinner.

Iron Dragon
02-13-2011, 09:19 AM
Brennan Clay's 2014 stats:
258 carries, 2802 yards, 36 TDs, 487 after contact, 215.5 YPG, 36 runs of 20+ yards, 49 broken tackles, 21 rec, 247 yards, 3 TDs

Records:
Most Rushing TD (Career) - OU, 71
Most Rushing TD (Season) - OU, 36
Rushing Yards (Career) - OU, 4673
Rushing Yards (Season) - OU and NCAA, 2802

And yet, no awards for Mr. Clay, who is off to the NFL.

JeffHCross
02-13-2011, 10:28 AM
Kingpin, you really should set yourself back from "Autopilot" so there's no confusion about whether or not you're done.

JeffHCross
02-13-2011, 10:42 AM
I have a feeling this will be the best year yet. Now I just need to figure out what team I want to use. I know not to give Papa an "Alabama" this year.

Cough, cough, cough.

fsuprime
02-13-2011, 11:03 AM
lol, it 'almost' felt ridiculous playing the longhorns this year i had an A- team vs A+ so there was a gap but i could have won the game if things had gone differently, still not sure how my 95+ impact WR with conservative run on was stripped lol. I think when papa signed that class with earl jr, the qb, and bryson hopkins among others we knew he would be in the title hunt their junior years (or i did, those guys were all top of their position and top 20 overall) and it is cool that it turned out that way...

Papa LoneStar
02-13-2011, 11:40 AM
I wish I could've gotten a replay on that strip, Prime....I don't know what made me do it. Michael Carter will definitely be missed. Not the most athletic....but that boy made plays.

ryby6969
02-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Wow my first 3 games are brutal.

AT #2 Michigan
AT #22 Clemson
AT #7 FSU

JeffHCross
02-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Yeah, I think the first four weeks of the season are straight up loaded with user games.

fsuprime
02-23-2011, 08:50 AM
anyone going to try out killzone? it is pretty fun, i like the multiplayer better than BO or MW2, it is a little slower paced as it takes more bullets to kill you, headshots are quicker kills than body shots, and if someone tries to melee you and u shoot them THEY die which is a huge step up from BO lol. Melee kills are very rewarding though when you get one, as you press their eyeballs into their skull or stab a knife into their jugular.

Escobar
02-24-2011, 12:29 AM
I'm on Killzone 3. I got two extra unlock points for pre-ordering with Amazon. So I'm loving that.

fsuprime
02-24-2011, 09:01 AM
nice, i just got to lvl 20 and unlocked the two primary weapons ability, its nice for large maps so i can carry a closed quarters shotgun or smg and a med or long range gun

JeffHCross
02-24-2011, 07:40 PM

40 oz of tomato beefy goodness.Chowed on it for dinner the other night. Dedicated the meal to you, Eric.

psuexv
02-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Sweet....you know you felt great after it too

fsuprime
02-25-2011, 09:59 AM
btw anyone with a student email account still: free amazon prime for a year

http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info

JeffHCross
02-25-2011, 05:47 PM
I still have my school e-mail, but somehow I think that won't work, lol.

fsuprime
02-25-2011, 06:03 PM
it probably will it just sends a confirmation click on link to the email, just select grad student lol

Kingpin32
02-26-2011, 03:38 PM
btw anyone with a student email account still: free amazon prime for a year

http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info

Sadly mine expires in June or July I think. The 2 day shipping is great.

whitepony99
03-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Hey guys if you got a spot open anytime let me know I would love to get back in the Powerhouse.

psusnoop
03-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Hey guys if you got a spot open anytime let me know I would love to get back in the Powerhouse.

Hey man, how have you been? Great to see ya around!

Oneback
03-02-2011, 04:29 PM

Great, all we'd need is another Penn State fan, lol.

You'll be next on the list if a spot comes open.

whitepony99
03-02-2011, 06:17 PM
Great but please keep me in mind for 2012 K, I want back in the Powerhouse next year hehe best dynasty I have ever been in.

whitepony99
03-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Hey man, how have you been? Great to see ya around!

Great to see you too. I been good busy but good, just like playing football again

psusnoop
03-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Great, all we'd need is another Penn State fan, lol.

You'll be next on the list if a spot comes open.

Lol

JeffHCross
03-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Hey guys if you got a spot open anytime let me know I would love to get back in the Powerhouse.PPPPPPPPPPPPPoooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnyyy yyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol. Glad to see you found your way over here.

whitepony99
03-03-2011, 07:27 AM
PPPPPPPPPPPPPoooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyy!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol. Glad to see you found your way over here.

Yeah no one told me about until yesterday, then I was like hey there are my friends from utopia

fsuprime
03-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Nice to see you white pony! I dont think we were able to play each other last time but maybe in the future.

whitepony99
03-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Nice to see you white pony! I dont think we were able to play each other last time but maybe in the future.

Same here and I think you and I did play once but not in the OD.

fsuprime
03-07-2011, 08:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LwyVFnEjvo&feature=player_embedded

Off to vegas today, will play the miami game again before I leave, also my interview went well with ING, I am an f18 bro :p

will be back friday and will post here if I get access to a ps3 in vegas

fsuprime
03-12-2011, 10:31 AM
http://foodbeast.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/sage-fried-chicken-benedict.jpg
Andy's sage fried chicken w/ fresh spinach, hardwood smoked bacon, market tomato, griddled mozzarella, chipotle cream and scrambled eggs and drop biscuit

http://www.visitlasvegashotels.com/images/hash-house-a-go-go-chicken-and-waffles.jpg
chicken and waffles, waffles have bacon cooked inside of them

had these two items on my trip from the hash house a go go.

JeffHCross
03-15-2011, 10:27 PM
I'd encourage everyone, if they haven't already, hop over to the Dynasty Wire (http://www.easports.com/dynasty), sign-in, click "Update" next to E-mail Settings and choose "Weekly Update", at least. That will generate an e-mail automatically every time we advance. For those even more obsessed (like me!), you can then have your e-mail forward the message automatically to your phone :nod:

Papa LoneStar
03-28-2011, 01:21 PM
Player A (DE): 30 tackles (19 TFL), 9 sacks, 3 FF

Player B (DT): 26 tackles (15 TFL), 10 sacks, 1 FF, 2 pass deflections

Player C (DT): 42 tackles (29 TFL), 6 sacks, 3 FF, 1 pass deflection

All in 8 games so far....Player C is on the #1 defense....Player A is on the 66th defense....Player B is on the 21st defense....top 3 players for the DL of the Year award....rank 'em, please #bitter

JeffHCross
03-28-2011, 06:23 PM
#1 Whichever one that's not Papa's.
#2 The other one that's not Papa's.
#3 Papa's.

Papa LoneStar
03-29-2011, 06:21 AM
lol....my DT (player C) is getting robbed in the award buzz!

psuexv
03-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Wanted to throw this out there as we get close to next years game being released... yeah yeah 4 more months I know, but I'm assuming things will start to tail off a little over the summer. What is the protocol for next years game and peeps that can join? Are the people that in it when it dies automatic bids for next year?

ryby6969
03-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Wanted to throw this out there as we get close to next years game being released... yeah yeah 4 more months I know, but I'm assuming things will start to tail off a little over the summer. What is the protocol for next years game and peeps that can join? Are the people that in it when it dies automatic bids for next year?

Yeah, I would like to know this also if possible.

psusnoop
03-29-2011, 07:42 PM

For you, well....we will call you

:D

Oneback
03-29-2011, 08:20 PM
Those that are in now and wish to return are welcome to.

ryby6969
03-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Those that are in now and wish to return are welcome to.

Sweet!:nod::))

Papa LoneStar
03-30-2011, 06:20 AM
I'm calling Arkansas now

psusnoop
03-30-2011, 07:40 AM
Oh boy, I might have to play in the SEC next season :P

psuexv
03-30-2011, 08:14 AM
I might have to start researching teams now. The SEC would definitely be interesting. Who's Arkansas biggest rival... that's who I want.

ryby6969
03-30-2011, 08:16 AM
Depends on how many conferences we would want to invade.

gschwendt
03-30-2011, 08:20 AM
I might have to start researching teams now. The SEC would definitely be interesting. Who's Arkansas biggest rival... that's who I want.
They don't have a rival... the people they consider rivals, the other team doesn't consider them a blip on their rivalry radar. Probably the closest though would be LSU since they have the Golden Boot trophy.

psuexv
03-30-2011, 08:22 AM
They don't have a rival... the people they consider rivals, the other team doesn't consider them a blip on their rivalry radar. Probably the closest though would be LSU since they have the Golden Boot trophy.

So they are exactly like Penn State, not a true rival but a couple made up ones. :bang:

psusnoop
03-30-2011, 08:55 AM
It would be cool to have 2 conferences next season.

I'd imagine, RCSinger is going to take Alabama
Papa with Arkansas

Papa LoneStar
03-30-2011, 02:04 PM
The lovely thing about the Razorbacks is that they are in a perfect location....SEC, Big XII, and Big 10 will fit nicely so we are flexible to what everybody wants.

psusnoop
03-30-2011, 04:40 PM
The thoughts are endless for me on teams.

JeffHCross
03-30-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm gonna wait to see what, if anything, changed in Dynasty Mode before calling a team.

Though we should make Papa stick with Arky. He's been "threatening" to take them for two years but instead ended up with Bama and Texas.

Papa LoneStar
03-31-2011, 12:59 AM
If I win ONE title with 'em....I will be expecting a "King of Powerhouse" gold plaque to hang near my PS3

gschwendt
04-05-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm experimenting a bit and was wondering, would you watch something like this if it were live streaming?
http://www.justin.tv/gschwendt/b/283045729

Obviously this would just be for UvU games but this would give you the audio plus the scorebar. It's using the lowest video settings (while still being able to read the scorebar) at 43 total kbps with one frame per second. Let me know any feedback.

psuexv
04-05-2011, 02:15 PM
I'm experimenting a bit and was wondering, would you watch something like this if it were live streaming?
http://www.justin.tv/gschwendt/b/283045729

Obviously this would just be for UvU games but this would give you the audio plus the scorebar. It's using the lowest video settings (while still being able to read the scorebar) at 43 total kbps with one frame per second. Let me know any feedback.

I'd have to say "not interested" It leaves me wanting too much more. I thought it might be like listening to it on the radio but with our teams you really don't know the opposing teams rosters like I would listening to PSU on the radio and could follow along. I think it would be too confusing to know what is going on... for me anyway. I'd be willing to actually listen to it though on a real game and see what it is like.

I'm assuming you don't want to stream the game due to seeing your playcalling and such?

gschwendt
04-05-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm assuming you don't want to stream the game due to seeing your playcalling and such?
No... that's not really a concern. It's more that I don't think my connection would be able to handle a full video streaming and still provide a lagless game. My upload speed on my DSL connection is quite poor.

I may do some testing with some folks to see how bad of a connection I get outside of a OD game but even if it is only a small hiccup, I'd rather not do it.

psuexv
04-05-2011, 02:26 PM
No... that's not really a concern. It's more that I don't think my connection would be able to handle a full video streaming and still provide a lagless game. My upload speed on my DSL connection is quite poor.

That sucks..... The only time I streamed a game to Snoop through Gmail Chat the game was pretty lagless but haven't played around with it to try it out again.

psusnoop
04-05-2011, 07:16 PM
I would really like to try some stuff out before 12 comes out and try to stream more games next game release.

psuexv
04-11-2011, 08:27 AM
lol....my DT (player C) is getting robbed in the award buzz!

You want to talk about getting robbed, Joe Walker is having a monster year and isn't even on the finalist list for any awards despite being #1 in TD passes, #2 in yards and a game behind the leader, #3 in QB rating and #2 in completion percentage. :dunno:

psusnoop
04-11-2011, 09:04 AM
You want to talk about getting robbed, Joe Walker is having a monster year and isn't even on the finalist list for any awards despite being #1 in TD passes, #2 in yards and a game behind the leader, #3 in QB rating and #2 in completion percentage. :dunno:

That loss to PSU is really haunting Walker as it quickly took him off the boards of many voters.

Papa LoneStar
04-12-2011, 09:42 AM
Plus he started playing strong late....he had stats comparable to McDaniel early and you see how many passing attempts I gave him. It's gonna suck if he leaves early....I'm going for 5000 and 50 next year so he can go out in style.

psusnoop
04-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Note to self, don't ask Texas for a home and home next year.

psuexv
04-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Note to self, don't ask Texas for a home and home next year.

yeah but when Papa starts winging the ball everywhere it's usually pick city :)

ryby6969
04-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Miami is done recruiting until the offseason.

Papa LoneStar
04-13-2011, 04:44 PM
yeah but when Papa starts winging the ball everywhere it's usually pick city :)

Only in LA....I remember lighting Ohio State with Garrett Gilbert for 23-30 for 370 and a TD on the road....but maybe it's cause he had the 120th toughest place to play :/

I've been doing pretty good with my 10-12 attempts for him in user games this year.

Kingpin32
04-13-2011, 06:55 PM
In a bit of random but good news, if I pass everything this semester, I'll only have 2 classes left to take before I graduate.

fsuprime
04-13-2011, 07:11 PM
nice kingpin, i just finished my last hard thing to do for college, a 20 minute sales role play lol...and i only have one final actually on finals week...feels great.

Papa LoneStar
04-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Congratulations to the both of you!

psusnoop
04-14-2011, 07:07 AM
Yes big time congrats!

ryby6969
04-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Wow, my MLB Tyrone Austin won LB of the Year.

JeffHCross
04-17-2011, 09:54 AM
Ryby, thanks for the reminder to get the awards :)

ryby6969
04-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Ryby, thanks for the reminder to get the awards :)

Glad I could help!

gschwendt
04-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Prime, as Jeff pointed out, since you don't read our general section, thought I'd toss you a heads-up.
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2041-Welcome-Back-from-NCAA-Football-Executive-Producer-Roy-Harvey&p=50935&viewfull=1#post50935

JeffHCross
04-18-2011, 08:29 PM
To add to that:

edited by gschwendt

gschwendt
04-18-2011, 08:31 PM
To add to that:

Don't give it to him on a silver platter... make him work for it a bit.

JeffHCross
04-18-2011, 09:18 PM
Lol. I didn't see that it was in the thread you posted. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered ;)

psusnoop
04-19-2011, 07:57 AM
Hahaha make him work for it, priceless

psuexv
04-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know the baby came early... 8lbs 11 oz 22 1/4 inches mom and baby are well

Kingpin32
04-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Congrats Eric!

psusnoop
04-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Congrats man, that is awesome!!!

Papa LoneStar
04-20-2011, 06:05 PM
Congratulations, E....healthy baby!

JeffHCross
04-20-2011, 07:15 PM
Congrats E!

psuexv
04-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Thanks guys

fsuprime
04-20-2011, 08:28 PM
:), good healthy size, boy or girl!?

psuexv
04-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Boy... We can't decide on a name though... Any suggestions?

fsuprime
04-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Charlie Ward

gschwendt
04-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Boy... We can't decide on a name though... Any suggestions?
Tommy! Tommy is a great name!

ryby6969
04-20-2011, 08:41 PM
Congrats, but don't name him Eric. People might think he is ***! ;)

psuexv
04-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Tommy! Tommy is a great name!

Yeah Tommy's a pretty good name :)

psuexv
04-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Congrats, but don't name him Eric. People might think he is ***! ;)

Ha!

ryby6969
04-20-2011, 09:00 PM
That is a big boy also. My son will be 10 months on Easter and is about 23lbs and 30inches long. Although, my 9 year old son is 5ft tall and 130lbs already.

psuexv
04-20-2011, 09:10 PM
That is a big boy also. My son will be 10 months on Easter and is about 23lbs and 30inches long. Although, my 9 year old son is 5ft tall and 130lbs already.

And he was 8 days early. If she would have went next week he would have been 9 lbs. His brother was 8 lbs 13 oz 21 1/2.

The 9 year old sounds like a house.

ryby6969
04-20-2011, 09:27 PM
All 3 of my kids were 3 weeks early. My oldest son was still 8 lbs 1 oz at 3 weeks early. He is big but needs to get down to 120 lbs to play football this year.

JeffHCross
04-20-2011, 09:35 PM
Six and a half weeks early.

Winner!

Oneback
04-20-2011, 10:57 PM
congrats E, there goes the sleep!

Papa LoneStar
04-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Paul is a great name. Or name him Earl ;)

fsuprime
04-21-2011, 11:02 AM
custom playbooks are in ncaa12, yay ;)

new zone coverage sounds good too, sounds like ratings will matter more next year which is nice to hear as well.

gschwendt
04-21-2011, 12:37 PM
BTW, Papa, when you mentioned that "I know as soon as you guys get your hands on NCAA12 you're done for the year", I told you that wasn't true. Heh... three members of Powerhouse had their hands on the new game as early as January :)

fsuprime
04-21-2011, 12:58 PM
yea i guessed what oneback was up too when he first said he was going to central florida...he didn't tell me anything though

Papa LoneStar
04-21-2011, 02:31 PM
If it's the 3 I think it is....and you were responsible for it....thank you very kindly for the bottom of my heart.

Papa LoneStar
04-21-2011, 02:33 PM
I totally understand why you left 10 early....huge upgrade....and I am very happy with the direction this game is headed.

Kingpin32
04-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Hey Papa you talking about going down to Oneback's house and picking his brain about the new stuff in NCAA12 lol?

psusnoop
04-21-2011, 07:32 PM
I still think our powerhouse dynasty members should all get an early copy so we can get a head start to test things for EA. Maybe this thought could be passed along, I mean we already have 25% of the members that will have game in hand early (more then likely).

Kingpin32
04-21-2011, 07:55 PM
That would be lovely. Definitely would save me $65.

ryby6969
04-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I am really looking forward to Prime killing me with even more elaborate user catches like diving for the ball. Should be freaking awesome. If they give us the game, I could use the money to buy a new controller after I toss against the wall. :D

JeffHCross
04-21-2011, 09:08 PM
I still think our powerhouse dynasty members should all get an early copy so we can get a head start to test things for EA. Maybe this thought could be passed along, I mean we already have 25% of the members that will have game in hand early (more then likely).And why would I want to give away my advantage over the rest of you? You guys get to play catch up this year.

psuexv
04-21-2011, 09:15 PM
And why would I want to give away my advantage over the rest of you? You guys get to play catch up this year.

Now Jeff, we all know you have way too much pride to try and get an unfair advantage. :)

JeffHCross
04-21-2011, 09:43 PM
That is ... not true. After playing against Texas, I'm all for getting an unfair advantage on my side of the court. :nod:

Papa LoneStar
04-22-2011, 01:21 PM
@KingPin I'm already a step ahead....I'm getting free room and board the first weekend it's in his possession....lol. I'll pick you up in Duncanville.

@Jeff Don't punish us 'cause you got the Buckeyes on probation in this OD :p

JeffHCross
04-22-2011, 06:14 PM
@Jeff Don't punish us 'cause you got the Buckeyes on probation in this OD :pAlright, fine. I'm willing to agree to free copies for everyone but you ;)

Papa LoneStar
04-22-2011, 08:13 PM
lol....coooold

Kingpin32
04-22-2011, 11:35 PM
Alright, fine. I'm willing to agree to free copies for everyone but you ;)

YES!!! lol

JeffHCross
04-23-2011, 07:37 PM
I said agree ... not provide, lol.

psusnoop
04-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Lol, u tease!

JeffHCross
04-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Unintentional, I assure you.

fsuprime
04-25-2011, 10:17 AM
college done, nice to have my last exam on the monday of finals week lol

psusnoop
04-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Sweet!

fsuprime
06-06-2011, 04:56 PM
what the hell, gshwendt just came up on my facebook as a person I may know...that is kind of weird.

psusnoop
06-06-2011, 06:32 PM
I just u a friend request G, LOL

That is really weird Prime.

gschwendt
06-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Since I know some of you don't visit the TGT news section, just thought I'd give a heads up:
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2395-Announcing-the-Farewell-to-NCAA-Football-11-Tournament

fsuprime
06-15-2011, 02:18 PM
i think i am to addicted to eve at the moment to play lol

psusnoop
06-16-2011, 07:52 AM
Since I know some of you don't visit the TGT news section, just thought I'd give a heads up:
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2395-Announcing-the-Farewell-to-NCAA-Football-11-Tournament

Prime, Jeff and Papa, you guys should get in on this. Actually surprised everyone from here isn't in on this last tourney for 2011.

Weak :nod:

fsuprime
06-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Sorry, to busy trying to learn how to be a space pirate ;) and i am pretty sick of ncaa 11, i tried to get back into it earlier in our OD this season but I just did not have any fun :/... Very ready for ncaa 12.

psusnoop
06-16-2011, 08:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4K0rpkCMHA&feature=related

fsuprime
06-16-2011, 10:53 AM
lol i have never seen that before. that is awesome.

JeffHCross
06-16-2011, 08:47 PM
i think i am to addicted to eve at the moment to play lol

Sorry, to busy trying to learn how to be a space pirate ;) and i am pretty sick of ncaa 11, i tried to get back into it earlier in our OD this season but I just did not have any fun :/... Very ready for ncaa 12.
I looooooooooooooooooooooooove EVE.

I really need to rebuild my computer so I can play that again.

fsuprime
06-16-2011, 09:47 PM
yea man get on it, cant wait to get into some pvp action.

JeffHCross
06-23-2011, 09:28 PM
Does anybody else have absolutely horrible, horrible stamina on their team? I figure my recruits had better "talent" than maybe your normal 4*, and I'm paying for it by sacrificing stamina, but I can't figure out why it seems to have dropped so quickly. I'm on the 11th play of what is otherwise a normal drive and have already had two offensive linemen drop to the sidelines, and the entire rest of my 1st string is dark orange or red.

psusnoop
06-23-2011, 09:59 PM
Holy cow no I have had a WR for one season that was like that and 1 HB as well but never an offensive lineman or more then one at any point. It sure didn't show during our game :D, man I should have played better defense.

JeffHCross
06-23-2011, 10:09 PM
During the 4th quarter of my Oregon game, there were several plays where I noticed my entire WR corps had been subbed.

fsuprime
06-30-2011, 04:59 PM
well that is what i get for posting more in the other forums lol, back to OD forum posting only for me :)

JeffHCross
06-30-2011, 09:09 PM
well that is what i get for posting more in the other forums lol, back to OD forum posting only for me :)explique. (explain)

fsuprime
06-30-2011, 10:56 PM
i posted that the rosters were more of a mess than last year and then the problem i had found in hopes of encouraging more ppl to look at their own teams so i could post it over at operation sports where luvtotha9s and those roster dudes exist and get them fixed quickly. morsdraconis does not this ;)

either way its better here :o

JeffHCross
07-01-2011, 08:54 PM
That scares you away from the other forums here, yet you still venture to other sites ...

You confuse me. :D

fsuprime
07-02-2011, 05:49 AM
im a mystery wrapped in enigma... :p

ill give it another shot, just wrapped up in Eve right now, pvp is so much fun

fsuprime
07-04-2011, 03:22 PM
happy fourth guys!

http://i.imgur.com/P7xiX.gif

psusnoop
07-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Thanks Prime it was a blast.

Also I have sent all members without the game information about getting it for Saturday. I will know more in about an hour and a half if this guy is getting his shipment and the costs associated with it. My hope is that I give him names of everyone so that you guys can contact him personally and order directly from him so I don't have to be the middle man for 8 to 10 guys. Once I have everyone here covered, I'll post a message on the general board for anyone else that wants in on the action.

psusnoop
07-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Son of a gun, that store did not get confirmation that their order shipped so it appears a Saturday arrival is almost certainly out of the question. Sorry fellas, I tried and will keep my eyes and ears open for all.

fsuprime
07-08-2011, 09:55 AM
link to live shuttle launch in HD http://newsblogged.com/video-space-shuttle-atlantis-launch-live-streaming-sts-135-mission-nasa-tv-coverage-and-latest-news

last one ever

Oneback
07-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Just so everyone knows....

I am in a transition between two jobs right now. Starting yesterday I have started what will be my new fulltime position on the weekends while I serve out my two weeks at my old job. The great thing about the new job is that it's 100% remote work from home and I only work 3.5 days a week with no cut in pay...the bad part is that I will be working overnight.

From now until July 22nd I am working my old job during the week (7am - 4pm) and my new job on the weekends over night. Starting on the 25th I will be working half the night on Monday and all night Tuesday - Thursday.

If I am slow to respond during this two week transition please be kind.

Kingpin32
07-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Just so everyone knows....

I am in a transition between two jobs right now. Starting yesterday I have started what will be my new fulltime position on the weekends while I serve out my two weeks at my old job. The great thing about the new job is that it's 100% remote work from home and I only work 3.5 days a week with no cut in pay...the bad part is that I will be working overnight.

From now until July 22nd I am working my old job during the week (7am - 4pm) and my new job on the weekends over night. Starting on the 25th I will be working half the night on Monday and all night Tuesday - Thursday.

If I am slow to respond during this two week transition please be kind.

I won't be kind.;)

Kingpin32
07-18-2011, 09:32 PM
After my game with G tonight, I'm fairly confident with my final playbook. I think I'll tweak a few more things, but for the most part it's pretty solid. Even though I lost to him.

gschwendt
07-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Along those lines, for those of you that have played me when using iowa state, any feedback/comments on my offensive style?

ryby6969
07-18-2011, 10:19 PM
I wish I could but we were disco'd in the first half. :( I am just happy defenses have the ability to actually matter this year.

psusnoop
07-19-2011, 06:41 AM
Along those lines, for those of you that have played me when using iowa state, any feedback/comments on my offensive style?

no comment :smh:

No honestly, your going to be a force with that backfield. I wish we could have finished that second game, it was really interesting heading into the 4th 0-0. That first one though yesterday was ugly..34-0

I also realized that my QB's are going to be a very big problem at Marshall. 68 ovr as my best QB is just pitiful to say the least. I really have to start playing more games with Marshall to try and find something usable for offense.

Defensively I'm pretty good, gotta tone back on my pressure at times though especially when playing G, :D. You just abused my over aggressive style that first game.

skipwondah33
07-19-2011, 11:07 AM

Yeah your Cyclones are cheesy as all get out and your defense cheats :D....joking.

One thing I noticed when playing me is the fake snap. I don't use and absolutely cannot stand the gameplay/gameplanning feature in this game so I don't use any of it. Atleast I think that is why you may be fake snapping thinking I am using the D-line gameplanning part. Even if I user the d-lineman occasionally I still don't use the 'jump the snap' button.

gschwendt
07-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Yeah your Cyclones are cheesy as all get out and your defense cheats :D....joking.

One thing I noticed when playing me is the fake snap. I don't use and absolutely cannot stand the gameplay/gameplanning feature in this game so I don't use any of it. Atleast I think that is why you may be fake snapping thinking I am using the D-line gameplanning part. Even if I user the d-lineman occasionally I still don't use the 'jump the snap' button.
That's half habit, and half an attempt to get you to show me your first step (forward or backward)... that or just to break free from the locked zoom-out when it occurs.

psusnoop
07-19-2011, 11:25 AM
That's half habit, and half an attempt to get you to show me your first step (forward or backward)... that or just to break free from the locked zoom-out when it occurs.

I use it for this 90% of the time.

skipwondah33
07-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Hot route a random person to a dummy assignment should kick you out of that also. For example I'll hot route a receiver to block when he is already blocking. I never can recall getting the locked-zoom this version at all. I know I get it in Online Franchise mode in Madden from time to time.

JeffHCross
07-19-2011, 04:36 PM
I never can recall getting the locked-zoom this version at all.I definitely saw it before launch.

skipwondah33
07-19-2011, 04:40 PM
I definitely saw it before launch.

Ive only gotten in 15* games so far which of you add the actual quarters I've been able to play because of discos and freezes it narrows it down to 5

ryby6969
07-19-2011, 06:23 PM
So G, how does it feel to be a baby sitter now? :P

gschwendt
07-19-2011, 06:31 PM
So G, how does it feel to be a baby sitter now? :P:rolleyes: :fp:

I knew it was eventually going to come to that and probably should have sooner but I was ready to start posting images like this:

http://www.lab1663.net/images/get_off_my_lawn.png

Bucknut216
07-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Does anyone have tips recruiting in dynasty. I just recruit then skip and sim for a couple weeks with autosave turned off and write down most and very high and high catorgories then go back 2 first weeks and key on their likes.

Kingpin32
07-19-2011, 06:42 PM
:rolleyes: :fp:

I knew it was eventually going to come to that and probably should have sooner but I was ready to start posting images like this:

http://www.lab1663.net/images/get_off_my_lawn.png
This is what happens when a site gets big. The kids finally come out to play.