PDA

View Full Version : Powerhouse OD - General Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12

gschwendt
01-03-2013, 02:04 PM
For different positions, I'd say vote for DEs, DLs, OLBs, MLBs, FSes, & SSes (ie all positions but no left/right distinction).

For nominations, I would agree, only those players that we've recruited. I believe this is the last season for original roster players anyway.

JeffHCross
01-03-2013, 05:51 PM
I agree with what's been said about the positions but I disagree with G that we need every position. I think QB HB WR/TE DL LB CB and S would be enough. IMO, don't need to worry about FS vs SS, for example.

gschwendt
01-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Papa, I gotta ask... regarding your DE Owen, how are you generating 50 sacks through 17 games? That includes 27 sacks in 3 games against CPU teams this season.

ryby6969
01-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Papa, I gotta ask... regarding your DE Owen, how are you generating 50 sacks through 17 games? That includes 27 sacks in 3 games against CPU teams this season.

Already asked!:D He said cover 1 or 0 press and the QB's hold the ball too long or do not block him.

psusnoop
01-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Already asked!:D He said cover 1 or 0 press and the QB's hold the ball too long or do not block him.

Hmm, I run these and have had nothing close to this :)

ryby6969
01-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Hmm, I run these and have had nothing close to this :)

I have had a few games this season with 10 or 11 sacks as a team because the QB tries to scramble with 50 speed. :D He is just taking out his frustration of not winning anything in a long time, lol.

texacotea
01-03-2013, 08:00 PM
asked the samething last night.....looked at the season stats and he had 18.5 sacks as of week 7. I have pretty good cbs and s but cant generate anything like that

Papa LoneStar
01-04-2013, 09:11 PM

Bingo....top 3 CBs have 87, 87, and 90 press....along with 90+ man coverage....once he gets a few vs the cpu....he becomes a madman who becomes unblockable....I learned early vs Escobar that I have to pick my spots with it as he got deep on me....but Owen got 4....coverage sacks are huge.

nykia31
01-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Speaking of which....a cookie for anyone who can solve the mystery of Cover-1, Cover-0 press.

Since there is no press on the left..what I think happens...is that if the CB matches up, he has a chance of covering the WR. If not, its roast-a-rama.

That's my shot in the dark theory, anyway lol

nykia31
01-07-2013, 02:19 AM
ND-Texas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMeWOV2ZhMY

texacotea
01-07-2013, 08:39 AM
was hoping this was the ND-tOSU game

nykia31
01-07-2013, 02:43 PM
patience, people...GEEZ! :D :P

gschwendt
01-07-2013, 06:08 PM
I know not everyone is a regular about visiting the general discussion area so be sure to read this thread...

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?6363-First-NCAA-Football-14-Community-Event-this-week-provide-your-input

JeffHCross
01-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Assuming the Georgia beats Georgia Tech, everybody needs to start rooting against Penn State, Nevada and UL Lafayette. They're the only undefeated CPU teams left, and also the only CPU teams (plus Virginia Tech) in the Top 15.

psuexv
01-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Assuming the Georgia beats Georgia Tech, everybody needs to start rooting against Penn State, Nevada and UL Lafayette. They're the only undefeated CPU teams left, and also the only CPU teams (plus Virginia Tech) in the Top 15.

Last I saw during our game PSU was losing

JeffHCross
01-09-2013, 12:17 AM
I'd love it if you lurkers would venture over into the User Wish Lists and check out my idea on how to completely redesign recruiting pipelines (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?6369-Pipelines-A-Total-Redesign&goto=newpost).

nykia31
01-09-2013, 04:09 AM
ND-Ohio State

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ1tFFLsE1k

texacotea
01-09-2013, 11:44 AM
an idea here.

When I ventured off to the xbox side of things, I was in The Experience over at TSO. They had a rule as you cant sign more players than what will give you 70. I enjoyed this, it makes you pick and choose who you go after and how many you get. It also cuts down on someone signing X number of 4* players just to boost the recruiting rankings. It also lets us move through the cut players alot faster if not skip it at all.

Just an idea. Throwing it out there.

Here is what is over there.

Scholarships
The amount of scholarships that can be offered at any given time will be dictated by the following formula:

A = number of seniors on your team that will graduate.
B = 70 - current amount of players currently on roster

A + B = total number of available scholarships.

Note: Any player that leaves early would free up a scholarship for the offseason. Example: You have 70 men on the roster. 18 Seniors. That would give you 18 scholarships, meaning after Graduation you would have 52 players (without recruits). Now let's say two underclassmen decide to go Pro and you are unable to sway them back. This drops your roster to 50 people/20 available scholarships

psuexv
01-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Love the idea Tex and typically I do only try to sign what I have leaving, but the CPU always adds recruits after the last week.

gschwendt
01-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Only problem with that is that this year, recruits are automatically added to your board at the end of the year. I think practically every year I've had at least 5-10 recruits added that I either didn't offer a scholarship or didn't even talk to.

texacotea
01-09-2013, 12:28 PM
true, but if we do this we would only have to cut those players.

psusnoop
01-09-2013, 04:48 PM
true, but if we do this we would only have to cut those players.

I will agree that I really like this but the only thing that keeps me from the 70 number and more of a fan of say 72 number is the possibility that a JR that may try and leave but shouldn't does which leaves you hurting for depth or worse for two years possibly.

I agree over signing is and always has been something though that I wish would be able to better controlled.

JeffHCross
01-09-2013, 06:03 PM
true, but if we do this we would only have to cut those players.I've noticed that some years it's not obvious which players were the ones added by the CPU. It is pretty obvious if you use the console, less obvious online (I think that was the difference).

Not that I don't trust anyone here, but that would also allow people, potentially, the option of cutting a guy they didn't like so much rather than a CPU recruit, if the CPU recruit was good (mine were horrible last year).

I did suggest this for NCAA 14 in the Proposed Rules (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?6032-Purposed-League-Guidelines-Rules&p=176285&viewfull=1#post176285) thread. I would absolutely like to see this for us in 14, though, like Snoop, I prefer a +3 allowance to allow for some cuts.

Oneback
01-09-2013, 06:40 PM
I was game for adding recruiting limits this year until we found out the CPU will auto sign up to 25. I'm super picky about who I recruit/sign even with that so I am onboard with restrictions.

gschwendt
01-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Add Texas Tech to the list of teams that need to be relegated to a lower conference next season... C+ OVR.

JeffHCross
01-09-2013, 09:14 PM
I have a "crazy" idea about that ... but I need to do a little testing on it first.

Papa LoneStar
01-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Only problem with that is that this year, recruits are automatically added to your board at the end of the year. I think practically every year I've had at least 5-10 recruits added that I either didn't offer a scholarship or didn't even talk to.

I recruited a kicker and punter last year....and out of the recruits the cpu added....I ended up cutting the ones "I signed" 'cause the cpu choices were MUCH better :D

razorback44
01-14-2013, 10:28 PM
Is there some sort of glitch in the kicking game this year that I don't know about? I've missed multiple extra points over the last two seasons when I've had the kick meter at full power and then when I kick it the ball barely clears the line and falls way short of the goalpost. Its almost like my kicker is injured or something. Its never happened against a user and never on a field goal. Strangest thing I've ever seen. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

gschwendt
01-14-2013, 11:29 PM
I know in SBCOL, we had the kac slider too low causing really bad kicks like you described. It only happened on kickers with already really low kac. That said, since it only happens on XPs, it's strange. What's your kicker's kac?

razorback44
01-14-2013, 11:48 PM
I know in SBCOL, we had the kac slider too low causing really bad kicks like you described. It only happened on kickers with already really low kac. That said, since it only happens on XPs, it's strange. What's your kicker's kac?

His kac is 68. That might be it.

I thought kac didn't matter when usering a kicker? I signed him because he had A kick power. Wasn't even looking at his kac rating.

gschwendt
01-15-2013, 09:13 AM
His kac is 68. That might be it.

I thought kac didn't matter when usering a kicker? I signed him because he had A kick power. Wasn't even looking at his kac rating.
No, KAC definitely matters. For one, the lower the KAC, the narrower the accuracy window is (the pie shaped area at the top). However, I think what you're seeing is closer to being a glitch rather than intentional. In SBCOL, when we were seeing it, the slider was set at 30 I believe and the moment I bumped it to 35, everything was fine. It only happened for the very lowest KAC players.

On an unrelated note, apparently recruiting against the CPU is even easier than we thought. A few weeks back I found a player that was in Top 3 status and was nearly maxed out for Cincinnati; I wasn't on his board at all. I really liked how he looked so I thought, might as well talk to him, maybe I can get a quick jump up. However, I never got that quick jump but I slowly worked my way up his list, all the while he never went to Soft Commit for Cincinnati. Finally this week, I see that I jumped up into his #1 spot and Cincinnati is now down at #9 with about 1/3 of their meter full and no scholarship offer. :dunno:

Oneback
01-15-2013, 10:51 AM
No, KAC definitely matters. For one, the lower the KAC, the narrower the accuracy window is (the pie shaped area at the top). However, I think what you're seeing is closer to being a glitch rather than intentional. In SBCOL, when we were seeing it, the slider was set at 30 I believe and the moment I bumped it to 35, everything was fine. It only happened for the very lowest KAC players.

On an unrelated note, apparently recruiting against the CPU is even easier than we thought. A few weeks back I found a player that was in Top 3 status and was nearly maxed out for Cincinnati; I wasn't on his board at all. I really liked how he looked so I thought, might as well talk to him, maybe I can get a quick jump up. However, I never got that quick jump but I slowly worked my way up his list, all the while he never went to Soft Commit for Cincinnati. Finally this week, I see that I jumped up into his #1 spot and Cincinnati is now down at #9 with about 1/3 of their meter full and no scholarship offer. :dunno:

I wonder if Cincy stopped recruiting him/ran out of offers.

gschwendt
01-15-2013, 11:03 AM
I wonder if Cincy stopped recruiting him/ran out of offers.Well, looking at Cincy's class, they have only signed 9 players, however they have signed a 4-star player at this same position. Just seems odd that they would drop that much or that they would even pull his offer outright instead of just putting him on the back-burner.

As well, my understanding is that once you get your meter filled that much, it's not going to drop off like that... sure others may pass you, but it would more or less stay that high (ie the system only adds points, it doesn't subtract).

Oneback
01-15-2013, 11:40 AM
Well, looking at Cincy's class, they have only signed 9 players, however they have signed a 4-star player at this same position. Just seems odd that they would drop that much or that they would even pull his offer outright instead of just putting him on the back-burner.

As well, my understanding is that once you get your meter filled that much, it's not going to drop off like that... sure others may pass you, but it would more or less stay that high (ie the system only adds points, it doesn't subtract).

Unsure - may be worth an email to EA.

JeffHCross
01-15-2013, 05:23 PM
Yeah, unless someone is doing considerable negative recruiting, the points shouldn't drop.

Though if you completely pull someone and they're off your board, it might drop. It just may. (I've seen a few players that only had one school in their Top 10 near the end of the year). Though the CPU isn't known to ever drop someone completely from the board. So that's still weird.

Papa LoneStar
01-18-2013, 05:27 PM
Am I the only one who has "bowl practice" in practice mode....remove all seniors off the depth chart and practice?

JeffHCross
01-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Am I the only one who has "bowl practice" in practice mode....remove all seniors off the depth chart and practice?That's how I play my bowl games :D

Papa LoneStar
01-18-2013, 05:37 PM
That's how I play my bowl games :D

*saves quote for negative recruiting*

JeffHCross
01-18-2013, 05:39 PM
Lmao. They're seniors, they don't care! I let them go up to Mobile for Senior Bowl practice early :D

ryby6969
01-18-2013, 05:43 PM
*saves quote for negative recruiting*

I will just tell your recruits they can come and actually win something with the Tide or be apart of the best team to never win anything in Baton Rouge! :D

Papa LoneStar
01-18-2013, 05:44 PM
lol....I let the seniors play the whole game....a farewell salute if you will. I only have 3 starting so it will be fun to let 'em go out with a bang.

ryby6969
01-18-2013, 05:47 PM
I am interested in seeing who I play.

JeffHCross
01-18-2013, 05:47 PM
I will just tell your recruits they can come and actually win something with the Tide or be apart of the best team to never win anything in Baton Rouge! :DAhem. When you last won something, next year's recruits were in middle school ...

lol....I let the seniors play the whole game....a farewell salute if you will.I just use it to look for holes, things I might need to change. Sometimes I change the playbook up to see if I like something new -- this year I did that in Week 14 (and it was a disaster).

ryby6969
01-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Ahem. When you last won something, next year's recruits were in middle school ...

I just use it to look for holes, things I might need to change. Sometimes I change the playbook up to see if I like something new -- this year I did that in Week 14 (and it was a disaster).

Yeah, but my 2 is still more than your 1. Besides, the last time Papa won something the recruits were not even born.

JeffHCross
01-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Side note -- love all the discussion the last 48-72 hours. Maybe we should muck with the schedules and sliders every season :D

Papa LoneStar
01-18-2013, 07:39 PM
I will just tell your recruits they can come and actually win something with the Tide or be apart of the best team to never win anything in Baton Rouge! :D

touche touche

JeffHCross
01-26-2013, 01:33 PM
So, one of my incoming freshmen is listed as a Transfer on the Roster page, and a redshirt. The Dynasty Wire doesn't show him as redshirting. Anybody got any ideas?

acropora52
01-28-2013, 08:36 AM
Did you guys get a chance to see the sliders in user games yet? How do you like them?

psuexv
01-28-2013, 08:56 AM
Did you guys get a chance to see the sliders in user games yet? How do you like them?

No User games yet

JeffHCross
01-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Did you guys get a chance to see the sliders in user games yet? How do you like them?I won, so that may color my opinion, but I think they give a good game to similar level teams. I was able to play to my strengths and move the ball, as was my opponent, but our defenses also made plays.

I also played three or four games against Oneback to test the sliders and all but one of them were good, close games.

JBHuskers
01-28-2013, 07:46 PM
Submitted my resume to join the waitlist ;)

texacotea
01-28-2013, 08:02 PM

DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

psuexv
01-28-2013, 09:14 PM
DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I approve of this message

JBHuskers
01-28-2013, 09:25 PM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/52419_o.gif

JeffHCross
01-28-2013, 09:29 PM
:+1:

acropora52
01-30-2013, 08:00 AM
I won, so that may color my opinion, but I think they give a good game to similar level teams. I was able to play to my strengths and move the ball, as was my opponent, but our defenses also made plays.

I also played three or four games against Oneback to test the sliders and all but one of them were good, close games.

thanks.

JeffHCross
02-02-2013, 11:28 PM
On an unrelated note, apparently recruiting against the CPU is even easier than we thought. A few weeks back I found a player that was in Top 3 status and was nearly maxed out for Cincinnati; I wasn't on his board at all. I really liked how he looked so I thought, might as well talk to him, maybe I can get a quick jump up. However, I never got that quick jump but I slowly worked my way up his list, all the while he never went to Soft Commit for Cincinnati. Finally this week, I see that I jumped up into his #1 spot and Cincinnati is now down at #9 with about 1/3 of their meter full and no scholarship offer. :dunno:Yeah, something weird here ...

I was tied with TCU for a player last week. They were #1, I was #2. I was at -0. I had a Week 5 visit, they had a visit for Week 6 planned. I had a big Week 5, in addition to my visit I gained 970 points and negative recruited 590 points from TCU.

Cue Week 6 ... and TCU is 1,240 points behind. And their Week 6 visit, and Offer, are both gone.

Now, that would be strange enough. But Penn State, who was competitive with me and close enough ... is only 120 points behind. And their vote and offer are still in tact.

Papa LoneStar
02-03-2013, 10:54 AM
Yeah, but my 2 is still more than your 1. Besides, the last time Papa won something the recruits were not even born.

Ouchhhh....:D If the Powerhouse Online Dynasty had a hall of fame....I would be 1st ballot

JeffHCross
02-03-2013, 11:53 AM
Talk about a delayed reaction.

Papa LoneStar
02-03-2013, 12:30 PM
lol....I had to catch up....for some reason....I haven't been on the boards except last night....posted my recruits....went to sleep....posted my recruits this morning....then caught up.

bjrod9
02-04-2013, 11:51 PM

I would also like to submit my resume to join the waiting list.:))

nykia31
02-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Finally on to this season..im such a slacker :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXjaON-wADA

ND-FSU Sugar Bowl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeWqdw0bAy8&list=UUiuWochyL2PIWbO7xlWI4fQ&index=5

JeffHCross
03-15-2013, 07:06 AM
Alright, I'll talk more about this later, I'm in a rush right now.

I've retired from the OD, again. The news I received last night was an offer to relocate to St Louis. I will be taking it barring something crazy in the next few hours. There's simply no way I can do that and schedule user games. So I'm going to bow out and let someone else take the Noles.

psusnoop
03-15-2013, 07:59 AM

I've retired from the OD, again. The news I received last night was an offer to relocate to St Louis. I will be taking it barring something crazy in the next few hours. There's simply no way I can do that and schedule user games. So I'm going to bow out and let someone else take the Noles.

Sorry to hear your bowing out Jeff, but also congrats on the new offer as well.

psuexv
03-15-2013, 08:06 AM

Weird how this happens the season you were supposed to play me. :whistle:

texacotea
03-15-2013, 08:39 AM
Congrats Jeff

gschwendt
03-15-2013, 08:43 AM
Congrats Jeff... you'll have to let me know how you like St. Louis. When I was younger, I always thought I'd end up living in St. Louis for a while.

JBHuskers
03-15-2013, 08:56 AM
Weird how this happens the season you were supposed to play me. :whistle:

Does that just mean I get you then ;)

souljahbill
03-15-2013, 09:15 AM
Congrats, Jeff. I've been to St. Louis once. I took a ride up the arch and could see all of downtown which was cool. They had White Castle too which was cool too (we don't have any).

ryby6969
03-15-2013, 09:42 AM
Congrats Jeff. Isn't that where they have that Google internet?

gschwendt
03-15-2013, 10:02 AM
Congrats Jeff. Isn't that where they have that Google internet?
Nope... other side of the state in Kansas City.

JeffHCross
03-15-2013, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the congrats, guys, I appreciate it. No, Eric, I'm not trying to duck you; I'm giving you a fighting chance by playing JB ;)

psusnoop
03-15-2013, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the congrats, guys, I appreciate it. No, Eric, I'm not trying to duck you; I'm giving you a fighting chance by playing JB ;)

BURN

razorback44
03-15-2013, 10:50 PM

Congrats man! I've recently relocated to Missouri myself. About 3 hours SW of Missouri but if I'm ever out that direction for a Cardinals game I might have to hit you up after your settled.

JeffHCross
03-16-2013, 07:37 AM
Thanks man. Definitely look me up if you head that way.

JeffHCross
03-23-2013, 05:29 PM
Had a thought for what could be an interesting OD setup. What about an OD where the teams are only teams that had a coaching change this year? There'd be a talent disparity, but that could be part of the challenge. And this way coaches like Saban and Meyer stay in place.

psusnoop
03-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Had a thought for what could be an interesting OD setup. What about an OD where the teams are only teams that had a coaching change this year? There'd be a talent disparity, but that could be part of the challenge. And this way coaches like Saban and Meyer stay in place.

Set it up I'm game!

I actually like this idea. If there is and there will be a disparity that will show who can rebound and get their style of players in the program fast enough or who is able to adapt to that style.

Escobar
03-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Set it up I'm game!

I actually like this idea. If there is and there will be a disparity that will show who can rebound and get their style of players in the program fast enough or who is able to adapt to that style.

"

JeffHCross
03-25-2013, 09:45 PM
?

psusnoop
03-26-2013, 08:13 AM
Not sure either, what did you mean Escobar?

Escobar
03-26-2013, 11:46 AM
ditto

psusnoop
03-26-2013, 11:53 AM
ditto

Gotcha, yeah I think Jeff has an interesting idea. I wouldn't mind trying this out sometime.

nykia31
04-16-2013, 05:29 PM
ND-Michigan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3J_pwaWvqE

nykia31
04-19-2013, 08:46 AM
ND-Ohio State Season 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwlugTI13Xg

Oneback
04-25-2013, 11:25 AM
Depending on how fast we get through the 2019 Season I think it will be the last for me on NCAA 14, that should give me a month or so to recharge the batteries for NCAA 14.

psuexv
04-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Depending on how fast we get through the 2019 Season I think it will be the last for me on NCAA 14, that should give me a month or so to recharge the batteries for NCAA 14.

Sounds like a plan

JBHuskers
04-25-2013, 02:19 PM
Cool. I'll be back for 14 from the get-go.

Papa LoneStar
04-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Sounds like a plan....hopefully we can speed up the pace for NBA 2K....lol

ryby6969
04-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Sounds like a plan....hopefully we can speed up the pace for NBA 2K....lol

To me that game can be as frustrating as this one.

Oneback
04-25-2013, 03:22 PM
To me that game can be as frustrating as this one.

The only frustrating thing I find with it is shooting and that's all based on timing - now that I'm getting better at that I've noticed my offense is flowing a lot better, at least in my offline Association.

ryby6969
04-25-2013, 03:35 PM
The only frustrating thing I find with it is shooting and that's all based on timing - now that I'm getting better at that I've noticed my offense is flowing a lot better, at least in my offline Association.

The passing has ALWAYS bugged me on 2K. I have also just started having a problem getting cpu players to contest shots these last 2 games. My defense started out really well, now it is just terrible. Hopefully my players get their act together.

bjrod9
04-25-2013, 03:40 PM
For some reasons I have problems under the basket. We can't seem to make layups unless it is a dunk. It is like we are stuck in the paint and can't buy a rebound if we could offensively or defensively.

Oneback
04-25-2013, 04:02 PM
For some reasons I have problems under the basket. We can't seem to make layups unless it is a dunk. It is like we are stuck in the paint and can't buy a rebound if we could offensively or defensively.

I used to have this problem as well - when standing under the basket you have to use the L2+square to dunk. When attempting a layup you have to start the process once entering the paint or free throw line (L2+right stick), if you've got a small guy under the basket without a clean shot, pass.

Oneback
04-25-2013, 04:05 PM
The passing has ALWAYS bugged me on 2K. I have also just started having a problem getting cpu players to contest shots these last 2 games. My defense started out really well, now it is just terrible. Hopefully my players get their act together.

I've had this problem as well, after spending time in practice I think I'm getting it down. If you are passing to the left and there are two guys over there if you yank the stick all the way to the left you will pass to the guy furthest away, if you barely move it over you'll pass to the closest guy - this is with directional passing, not icon passing. I have started only using directional passing with my PG when there isn't enough time to pull up icons but with my PF/C in the low block I'll pull up the icons.

Escobar
04-25-2013, 09:34 PM
R2+Square makes you dunk under the basket. Layups with short people under the basket are questionable.

ryby6969
05-16-2013, 04:07 PM
In case everyone doesn't notice, I posted a National Title winner thread in the history subforum. I was not in NCAA 10 so I do not know any of that info. Looking back through the threads I really kind of miss not knowing a recruits ratings until they get on the team.

Kingpin32
05-29-2013, 07:09 PM
I've been trying to sit here and figure out a way to ease into the thread without feeling like such an outsider now, but I haven't lol. Hi guys!

Papa LoneStar
05-29-2013, 07:10 PM
lol....what up, Duncanville Panther

psuexv
05-29-2013, 07:45 PM
I've been trying to sit here and figure out a way to ease into the thread without feeling like such an outsider now, but I haven't lol. Hi guys!

Who is this ;)

http://youtu.be/payDsNKcRKQ

Kingpin32
05-29-2013, 08:04 PM
Who is this ;)

http://youtu.be/payDsNKcRKQ

http://media.giphy.com/media/xzCSQrUWVjoGY/original.gif
:P

JeffHCross
05-31-2013, 09:30 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/xzCSQrUWVjoGY/original.gif
:P
The Doctor would never say fucker. Or fuckery.

In fact, pretty sure he said nothing at that moment. :D

Geek moment over.

Oneback
06-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Who's moving to the PS4? I'll be keeping my PS3, but have put in my pre-order for PS4

Kingpin32
06-12-2013, 02:32 PM
I'll be making the move. Preordering on Friday. But I'll also keep my PS3.

gschwendt
06-12-2013, 02:35 PM
I've pre-ordered my PS4 but probably won't get it at launch. I'll still have my PS3 either way so that I can continue to play NCAA14.

Kingpin32
06-12-2013, 02:58 PM
I've pre-ordered my PS4 but probably won't get it at launch. I'll still have my PS3 either way so that I can continue to play NCAA14.

I've made a budget where I'll drop the $100 upfront, and then pay $20 a week towards it. But I don't think I'll actually pick it up day 1. Maybe in the heat of the 2nd or 3rd day.

psuexv
06-12-2013, 03:04 PM
I'm sticking with the PS3 for now. I'm assuming most here are staying PS and not going Xbox?

texacotea
06-12-2013, 03:16 PM
staying with the PS3 for now.

JBHuskers
06-12-2013, 03:22 PM
Who's moving to the PS4? I'll be keeping my PS3, but have put in my pre-order for PS4

Day 1. But PS3 will be active for a good year or two after still.

ryby6969
06-12-2013, 04:15 PM
I have the PS4 pre-ordered and should have it day 1.

Escobar
06-12-2013, 05:23 PM
I pre-ordered the PS4 but will still play my PS3, because I have alot of games I haven't even played yet.

Oneback
06-12-2013, 05:36 PM
What games are y'all looking to pick up? I've currently got Knack, The Order, Watch Dogs, The Division, Battlefield 4, Drive Club and Madden 25 pre-ordered. I'm seriously thinking about putting a pre-order in for Second Son, Destiny and Dying Light as well. Not sure when I'll have the time to play everything but they all look good.

JBHuskers
06-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Watch_Dogs and Battlefield 4 to start.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Kingpin32
06-12-2013, 07:18 PM
I'm definitely picking up Watch Dogs first. Depending on when it comes out I might try to pick up BF4 on launch too. Then for Christmas pick up Madden 25 and either Drive Club or FIFA.

bjrod9
06-12-2013, 07:21 PM
Sticking with ps3 for now.

Escobar
06-12-2013, 08:03 PM
I will most likely only pick up Destiny and FIFA '14. Getting Drive Club with PS+. I will get Watch Dogs down the line. I usually don't finish those types of games until the dead season between NBA and College Football.

razorback44
06-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Sticking with the PS3 and will get a PS4 in time for NCAA next year.

psusnoop
06-13-2013, 08:23 AM
I have the ps4 preordered.

Papa LoneStar
06-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Sticking with PS3 until May/June 2014....that's where my annual 3 (NCAA, Madden, NBA 2K) gets stale. Since I only play Road to the Show....I can continue to play that until NCAA Football 15.

fsuprime
06-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Sticking with PS3 until May/June 2014....that's where my annual 3 (NCAA, Madden, NBA 2K) gets stale. Since I only play Road to the Show....I can continue to play that until NCAA Football 15.

this

tom clancy's the division looks pretty slick.

Also is their room for me, if not i will just get ncaa 14 on xbox but if i can play here I will get the ps3 going.

Oneback
06-19-2013, 06:36 AM
this

tom clancy's the division looks pretty slick.

Also is their room for me, if not i will just get ncaa 14 on xbox but if i can play here I will get the ps3 going.

Right now we're actually at +1, although that could always change.

ryby6969
06-19-2013, 01:27 PM
So what are everyone's feelings about the game so far? Seems like offenses will be really tough to stop again but I think we are used to that by now. Game is really smooth feeling. I almost want to pick a team just to run the option this year.

Oneback
06-19-2013, 02:18 PM
I too believe its going to be tough to stop offenses, but in reality thats the trend as more and more teams switch to spread offenses we're seeing a lot more basketball on turf and scoring has increased.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
06-19-2013, 02:20 PM
any openings?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

JBHuskers
06-19-2013, 02:33 PM
any openings?

I think you'd be 3rd on the waitlist currently.

Oneback
06-19-2013, 02:45 PM
any openings?

Right now we're at 14, you'd make 15, but I'll definately keep you in mind if/when we need a replacement.

Oneback
06-19-2013, 03:05 PM
I almost want to pick a team just to run the option this year.

Meant to respond to this earlier - after playing around with the demo I think it may be best to wait a week until after the game comes out to hold the draft as I have a feeling some will want a certain style of team.

Kingpin32
06-19-2013, 03:16 PM
I think my request to be on a waiting list may have been overlooked lol.

Oneback
06-19-2013, 03:18 PM
I think my request to be on a waiting list may have been overlooked lol.

Oops - need to add you to that list. So yeah, you're 2nd in line.

JBHuskers
06-19-2013, 03:47 PM
Oops - need to add you to that list. So yeah, you're 2nd in line.

1. BJ
2. Kingpin
3. Guru
4. Prime

Right?

Oneback
06-19-2013, 03:51 PM
Prime is 3.

JBHuskers
06-19-2013, 03:57 PM
:up:

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
06-19-2013, 04:57 PM
make sure to keep me on the list... probably the only OD I will play in unless I find an opening back on the ps3 side on TSO premier then I will play 2... but really want in this one

Escobar
06-19-2013, 06:34 PM
After playing two games in the demo...I think my offense just went into overdrive this year. The thought of mixing Oregon's playbook with Devin Gardner had me salivating.

ryby6969
06-19-2013, 06:43 PM
After playing two games in the demo...I think my offense just went into overdrive this year. The thought of mixing Oregon's playbook with Devin Gardner had me salivating.

May have to choose a team that keeps me from having to play you every season, lol. As soon as I got to see the Oregon PB I thought of you and G.

Oneback
06-19-2013, 08:04 PM
May have to choose a team that keeps me from having to play you every season, lol. As soon as I got to see the Oregon PB I thought of you and G.

I'm really torn at this point - with all the spread option plays I've finally gotten all the parts to my offense, however at the same time the pistol may be interesting. Even more intriguing than all of that however is running the old Nebraska I-Option offense - it all depends on what's implemented.

ryby6969
06-19-2013, 08:57 PM
I'm really torn at this point - with all the spread option plays I've finally gotten all the parts to my offense, however at the same time the pistol may be interesting. Even more intriguing than all of that however is running the old Nebraska I-Option offense - it all depends on what's implemented.

Yeah, I just know for sure what offense Escobar likes to run because I think I have been in his conference/division every season so far and this is right up his alley. This could really change up quite a few of the user offenses in this dynasty.

gschwendt
06-19-2013, 09:06 PM
Oregon playbook, shotgun F twins over, HB at QB package sub :nod:

razorback44
06-19-2013, 09:53 PM
Power football will be the name of my game. Im loving the blocking on a lot of the under center stuff. Can't wait to finally use a big back in my system.

JeffHCross
06-25-2013, 05:39 PM
I'm looking forward to finally running the Pistol offense that I was all set to use in 13. The team was perfect for it.

ryby6969
07-07-2013, 01:31 PM
If anyone is wanting to get some games in with prospective teams just let me know. I am around all day and most of the night, lol.

ryby6969
07-12-2013, 01:30 PM
I know you had mentioned setting up a google chat OB, are you still thinking of doing this?

Oneback
07-13-2013, 08:45 AM
Oneback vs Papa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9mY8-niiiw

razorback44
07-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Great game! Taylor Martinez looks impossible to tackle. He had several very nice runs. Not looking forward to that at all if Nebraska is on State's schedule this season.

That pick 6 by Papa was probably my favorite play of the game. I love the int returns where they don't break stride.

Escobar
07-13-2013, 01:12 PM
Michigan and Michigan St both play Nebraska towards the end of the season. I believe we have a late season meeting also razor.

JBHuskers
07-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Yeah I'll be playing Snoop the last game of every season too with OU / OSU.

razorback44
07-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Michigan and Michigan St both play Nebraska towards the end of the season. I believe we have a late season meeting also razor.

Looking forward to that matchup. I know you're offense is going to be a machine with Michigan.

psusnoop
07-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Yeah I'll be playing Snoop the last game of every season too with OU / OSU.

I like that big game at the end!!

texacotea
07-18-2013, 07:29 PM
Just drove from Beaumont Tx to sc 890 miles 14 hrs. 1 coffee 2 monsters 2 excedrine 2 pack of frito lay seeds later were home. All to have my buddy still has my game :(

Oneback
07-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Just drove from Beaumont Tx to sc 890 miles 14 hrs. 1 coffee 2 monsters 2 excedrine 2 pack of frito lay seeds later were home. All to have my buddy still has my game :(

Get some sleep my man, you probably need it. :)

JBHuskers
12-03-2013, 12:51 AM
The OD is transferred over to me now. I'll get on tomorrow after work and see where we are for the advance, and go from there.

We'll get through this season, then go to two conferences on the next season.

Papa LoneStar
12-03-2013, 04:21 PM
I see 8 teams....some type of north/south B1G setup?

JBHuskers
12-03-2013, 04:29 PM
I see 8 teams....some type of north/south B1G setup?

I dunno if I want a ton of user games, but we can ramp it up.

My thinking was four guys in the same division on the B1G, four guys in the same division in the SEC, so that's three games, plus 1-2 crossover games a piece.

Papa LoneStar
12-03-2013, 05:04 PM
I'm down with that. I want a piece of Bama.

JBHuskers
12-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Remind me when we get there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

psusnoop
12-03-2013, 07:57 PM
I'd be good with that setup as well. We just moving the teams we currently have correct? We are not restarting?

JBHuskers
12-04-2013, 11:53 AM
I'd be good with that setup as well. We just moving the teams we currently have correct? We are not restarting?

Correct. Not restarting. Unless there is an overwhelming ask for it.

JBHuskers
12-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Welcome Volstopfan14 to Powerhouse. He's getting his invite tonight and will be choosing his team tonight I assume. He plays in a Madden CCM with Kia.

Papa LoneStar
12-07-2013, 06:14 PM
I would guess the Vols?

volstopfan14
12-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Decided to take Clemson. Used the Vols in another OD and didn't want to do it again.

Thanks for the welcome and I'm glad to be joining. Looking forward to being apart of the league. I'm about to play my first game vs the CPU now.

JBHuskers
12-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Awesome. I'll probably just wait and advance when I get home from DJ'ing tonight.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

JBHuskers
12-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Ryby is coming back to Powerhouse, and also another one of Kia's friends might join the league.

psusnoop
12-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Ryby is coming back to Powerhouse, and also another one of Kia's friends might join the league.

Good deal :up:

Papa LoneStar
12-08-2013, 05:17 PM
2 leagues....3 per division?

JBHuskers
12-08-2013, 05:35 PM
2 leagues....3 per division?

We'll figure it out once we get a final count for next season.

JBHuskers
12-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Welcome coachmac75 to Powerhouse as well!

Papa LoneStar
12-09-2013, 11:01 PM
JB closing in on a #1 class

psuexv
12-13-2013, 09:07 AM
JB closing in on a #1 class

You left out 2 zeros... #100 class

Papa LoneStar
12-13-2013, 02:14 PM
You left out 2 zeros... #100 class

lol....I was talking about new people in the league

JBHuskers
12-13-2013, 03:32 PM
lol....I was talking about new people in the league

That's what I figured you were talking about too :D

Just wait til everyone commits, then I'll move off that #100 rank.

coachmac75
12-13-2013, 07:37 PM
Welcome coachmac75 to Powerhouse as well!

Thank you i am very glad to join I have been looking for an active sseriouis league for weeks if not months. I am very happy to join with the Wildcats.

Cheers

JBHuskers
12-30-2013, 02:52 PM
I'll definitely keep this thread updated:

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?6818-National-Title-winners

But if anyone else wants to keep track of stats or anything in the history sub-forum once we conclude this season, feel free to do so!

Senio25
01-05-2014, 09:12 PM
Hey guys! I would like to join the league If possible.

JBHuskers
01-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Hey guys! I would like to join the league If possible.

Definitely. I'll send you a PM tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Papa LoneStar
01-08-2014, 04:45 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/09/4agajudy.jpg

Ought to be illegal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

gschwendt
01-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Especially since you were gift-wrapped a stud QB last year that you didn't even recruit. That still pisses me off.

Papa LoneStar
01-08-2014, 05:05 PM
We gave his Daddy a video coordinator job....sealed the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Escobar
01-08-2014, 08:12 PM
The #1 QB I recruited last year is still sitting on the bench. Maybe for two more seasons because I got a Juco(SO) athlete last year who has turned out to have better ratings so far.

psuexv
01-08-2014, 08:14 PM
96 THA?!? As a FR? Get the hell outta here

psuexv
01-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Might as well redshirt him Papa, he won't transfer ;)

Oneback
01-16-2014, 04:21 PM
I hate to do this, again, but I'm not having fun playing NCAA - it still seems like a chore. I thought the time away would've subsided the frustrations, but I couldn't get through one quarter playing the CPU before I decided to sim the game. Good luck to all of you in the following seasons. Maybe Madden or "College Football" in the future will bring the enjoyment back, but after 11+ years of working through the frustrations this game has provided I think I'm finally stepping away. I've enjoyed my time playing against each of you and that's really what drew me back, but in the end the negatives of the game are too much.

JBHuskers
02-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Welcome BryanM31 to Powerhouse!

His PSN is ii_AFLikSHUN

I'll be inviting him tonight.

JBHuskers
05-19-2014, 10:41 AM
If the OS rosters that are updated for this upcoming season are pretty good, would you guys like to start over? Or would you like just like keep going on with this set up long term? I'm fine either way.

gschwendt
05-19-2014, 11:12 AM
I think if we can find a solid group (8-12) to participate, then I'm OK with starting over so that others can join and get Coach XP. I would find a different team.

JBHuskers
05-19-2014, 11:13 AM
I think if we can find a solid group (8-12) to participate, then I'm OK with starting over so that others can join and get Coach XP. I would find a different team.

Right now we have 9, and we have always seem to have a solid core of 8.

psuexv
05-19-2014, 11:41 AM
The only reason I would want to start over is for those that can't get XP. From a player standpoint I'd like to roll with my current team.

gschwendt
05-19-2014, 11:50 AM
The only reason I would want to start over is for those that can't get XP. From a player standpoint I'd like to roll with my current team.

Same here... I want to keep my team. Maybe we could even edit our teams into the new rosters.

psuexv
05-19-2014, 11:54 AM
Same here... I want to keep my team. Maybe we could even edit our teams into the new rosters.

That might not be a bad idea. Do we only have 1 user that can't earn XP? Pretty sure everyone else is from the beginning

JBHuskers
05-19-2014, 01:09 PM
If someone wants to take the time to do that, we could try it. I think between just keeping this pace and editing rosters, it would be just better to stay with where we are at.

gschwendt
05-19-2014, 01:16 PM
If everyone wanted that and maybe if we found some new blood, I would've mind doing the rosters to being in our teams.

Escobar
05-19-2014, 01:34 PM
I would say play one final season after we finish this one, so I can finally play UT at A&M lol. Then start over with new teams and rosters.

marcotte14
05-19-2014, 04:57 PM
As the new guy, I'm good either way. I really wanted to be Ohio St considering they are my favorite team, but it does suck not getting coaching XP points only because I think it plays a lot in recruiting. I would like maybe play one more year with these teams, and once its gets closer to the actual season, download the 2014 rosters and start over?

psusnoop
05-20-2014, 09:20 AM
The lack of coach XP is a problem for Marcotte. Is there anyone else having issues?

I am coming back to the OD here, I just needed a breather for a couple of weeks. I like my team and wouldn't mind rolling onward with them but I also don't want someone to be leveraged recruiting either.

JBHuskers
05-20-2014, 09:27 AM
It's really looking like there isn't a consensus, so we'll just keep trucking along as far as we can take the OD.

marcotte14
05-20-2014, 08:53 PM
If/when we start over, are we going to keep the same set up with the custom conferences, or keep the real conferences and just decide on what teams to choose from?

marcotte14
06-02-2014, 07:10 AM
I really would like to get coaching points, being committed to this dynasty, I think we should start over and use the 2014 rosters. Like what G said, it looks like we have a pretty good core 8 players and we can keep this this rolling fairly quick. Granted I would still like to be Ohio St if possible, but if I need to switch, I can.

This is just my opinion, I say we start over with new rosters and keep real life conference format.

razorback44
06-02-2014, 05:00 PM
I'm fine either way. I have no problem starting over if that's what everyone wants.

texacotea
06-09-2014, 10:57 AM
I know it's past the point now. But the reason I left was because of not gettin any coaching xp. Hard to continue to compete with you guys when is never got anything as far as xp goes. I would join again if it was from the start

marcotte14
06-09-2014, 11:58 AM
I know it's past the point now. But the reason I left was because of not gettin any coaching xp. Hard to continue to compete with you guys when is never got anything as far as xp goes. I would join again if it was from the start

Im in the same boat. I feel like im so far behind when it comes to recruiting.

texacotea
06-09-2014, 02:07 PM
And then in big games will come game management and all the other stuff. Can't compete with these guys

JeffHCross
06-18-2014, 08:41 AM
If everyone wanted that and maybe if we found some new blood, I would've mind doing the rosters to being in our teams.This doesn't exactly count as new blood, but if you guys start over with 2014 rosters, I'd appreciate someone checking with me, just to see if I'm available. Life's changed a lot over the last year, but I do miss playing and who knows what my schedule will be in a month or two.

psusnoop
06-19-2014, 07:53 PM
This doesn't exactly count as new blood, but if you guys start over with 2014 rosters, I'd appreciate someone checking with me, just to see if I'm available. Life's changed a lot over the last year, but I do miss playing and who knows what my schedule will be in a month or two.

I almost wouldn't mind starting over to be honest. It would be nice to get you back in Jeff!

texacotea
06-20-2014, 07:12 AM
I almost wouldn't mind starting over to be honest. It would be nice to get you back in Jeff!

So you take him. But don't mention me??:fdown:

JBHuskers
06-20-2014, 08:33 AM
We can have another vote at the end of the season. A 5-2 vote was needed to pass and we didn't get it last season.

gschwendt
06-20-2014, 09:44 AM
At this point, are we talking about completely starting over, starting over with 2014 rosters? As well, would we be editing the rosters to bring in our current teams?

texacotea
06-20-2014, 09:56 AM
Even with starting over (if y'all do) I know everyone may not have a ps4 but what's the plan when madden comes out?

JBHuskers
06-20-2014, 10:41 AM
Powerhouse will continue on NCAA 14 as long as the servers are up.

psusnoop
06-20-2014, 04:55 PM
Sorry Tex missed yours.

I don't know, a restart to me would be a fresh start with this years players edited in. Anyone know of rosters for this upcoming season?

JBHuskers
06-20-2014, 04:57 PM
Sorry Tex missed yours.

I don't know, a restart to me would be a fresh start with this years players edited in. Anyone know of rosters for this upcoming season?

Someone said OS has some, not sure how good they are though.

psusnoop
06-20-2014, 06:30 PM
Someone said OS has some, not sure how good they are though.

Anyone want to download and check them out?

I'm too busy to really do it right.

If they look good, I'd really be interested in starting over or starting another one.

marcotte14
06-22-2014, 08:13 AM
Does anyone have a user name for the 2014 rosters from OS? I have the new Lindy's magazine, I was going to check them out to see how they were.

gschwendt
06-23-2014, 08:27 PM
I'd say if we restart, there are two options that I'm open to...

Use 2014 rosters but edit in our current teams (I've worked too hard to build this team and I don't want to give it up)
Do a death-penalty dynasty... sim through 4-5 seasons, removing the best players each season.

Outside of those two, I'd seriously consider retiring until Madden comes out.

gschwendt
06-23-2014, 08:32 PM
Does anyone have a user name for the 2014 rosters from OS? I have the new Lindy's magazine, I was going to check them out to see how they were.
According to this (http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-rosters/742315-2014-2015-roster-ncaa-14-ps3.html), The latest file is under natezilla14

There are still changes/updates to be made but it sounds like all teams have at least been touched and should be moderately accurate.

razorback44
06-24-2014, 12:00 AM
I'd say if we restart, there are two options that I'm open to...

Use 2014 rosters but edit in our current teams (I've worked too hard to build this team and I don't want to give it up)
Do a death-penalty dynasty... sim through 4-5 seasons, removing the best players each season.

Outside of those two, I'd seriously consider retiring until Madden comes out.

I would be down with either of these ideas.

JBHuskers
06-24-2014, 12:24 AM
If G or someone else does the editing. I wouldn't mind taking over a different team. So we can have a choice.

gschwendt
06-24-2014, 08:33 AM
If G or someone else does the editing. I wouldn't mind taking over a different team. So we can have a choice.

I don't mind editing the rosters to bring in our teams.

That said, are you saying you'd still take over a different team or are you saying if we did a death-penalty OD? No big deal either way, just curious.

JBHuskers
06-24-2014, 08:52 AM
I don't mind editing the rosters to bring in our teams.

That said, are you saying you'd still take over a different team or are you saying if we did a death-penalty OD? No big deal either way, just curious.

I'm actually down for either.

I wouldn't mind trying a death penalty one as I never have, but with a different school. I'm starting to get tired of Oklahoma.

marcotte14
06-24-2014, 11:21 AM
Iv'e never done an death penalty OD that would be interesting, I say use the 2014 rosters and start over whether from scratch or DP. We could even do CC too if we wanted to build, but I guess its defeats the whole "powerhouse" idea. I'm down for whatever so we can bring in more people that are interested and so I can get coaching points.

JBHuskers
06-24-2014, 11:23 AM
Iv'e never done an death penalty OD that would be interesting, I say use the 2014 rosters and start over whether from scratch or DP. We could even do CC too if we wanted to build, but I guess its defeats the whole "powerhouse" idea. I'm down for whatever so we can bring in more people that are interested and so I can get coaching points.

We'd still use powerhouse teams in death penalty. We'd just be depleted.

marcotte14
06-24-2014, 11:41 AM
We'd still use powerhouse teams in death penalty. We'd just be depleted.

Ahhh gotcha.

JeffHCross
07-20-2014, 06:09 PM
Two questions for those more experienced with NCAA 14:
1. Does saving the OD ever stop it from downloading again?
2. Does the offensive or defensive playbook have an effect on the number of players per position before you get a competitive visit?

Escobar
07-20-2014, 08:10 PM
Two questions for those more experienced with NCAA 14:
1. Does saving the OD ever stop it from downloading again?
2. Does the offensive or defensive playbook have an effect on the number of players per position before you get a competitive visit?

1. I wouldn't recommend saving the od as it has caused the "commissioner has advanced glitch"
2. No. More than 1 of the same position on the same week will cause a competitive visit

JBHuskers
07-21-2014, 12:10 AM
I always save the OD, so no one else really needs to.

JeffHCross
07-21-2014, 05:42 AM
In years past saving the OD allowed you to not have to re-download the same week. But it doesn't look like it's working this year.

JBHuskers
07-25-2014, 07:39 PM
QB accuracy is now up to 10.

skipwondah33
07-26-2014, 10:57 PM
QB accuracy is now up to 10.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TapatalkMy decently rated QB still can't throw to save his life

JeffHCross
08-03-2014, 02:54 PM
I love how a bunch of formations that I've fallen in love with in the last month are completely broken for PA Linked Plays. Did they take the visual indication out? I just played an Exhibition game with Indiana's playbook and didn't see the icon in a single formation, though I know I've seen it in the last month.

skipwondah33
08-08-2014, 01:04 PM
Man I should have paid more attention to my roster while redshirting.

Given how terrible this season has gone would have loved to redshirt my Freshman QB and played my backup who isn't bad himself.

Next season may redshirt him and start the Senior, give Mosley a year and hopefully a better team the following season.

JeffHCross
08-22-2014, 09:05 AM
Anybody have an issue with a TE-Y/Jimmy Graham type player being moved from TE to WR? Don't have a specific one in mind, just a general question.

Oneback
08-25-2014, 08:53 AM
Now that my season is over the biggest thing I'd like to change going into next year is the sliders - I know defense has always been a problem in NCAA however...

What are everyone's thoughts on the sliders? I haven't checked to see if they're the same as we had in the old powerhouse OD but I find it virtually impossible to play any sort of defense, specifically pass defense. I know our teams are bad however in UvU games we're playing against other bad teams and it seems the only thing we can do is hope the opposing offense makes a bad read and throws it into traffic.

All the typical routes work, curls are money against any coverage (not just Cover 3) due to the corner or hook/curl defender not reacting (I've tried C2 Sink and purple zones which have helped in the past), same goes for comebacks. Any out breaking route destroy's man coverage - I'd understand it if the route is still open and a pass completed but my defender is still in position to make a tackle, however when he keeps running five yards down the field prior to reacting to the cut its a little frustrating.

There's a thread over on OS with a lot of good information regarding sliders (over 5,000 posts): http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-sliders/641608-ncaa-14-os-community-playmakers-split-sliders.html

JeffHCross
08-25-2014, 09:12 AM
I didn't have any problems with the sliders that couldn't otherwise be explained by our teams. Though I did see a mention in one slider thread yesterday that the Intentional Grounding slider is thought to have an impact on the tendency of QBs to scramble out of the pocket; that was interesting to me. Our penalties sliders are untouched, which I found surprising.

Oneback
08-25-2014, 09:23 AM
I didn't have any problems with the sliders that couldn't otherwise be explained by our teams. Though I did see a mention in one slider thread yesterday that the Intentional Grounding slider is thought to have an impact on the tendency of QBs to scramble out of the pocket; that was interesting to me. Our penalties sliders are untouched, which I found surprising.

From the slider research I've done in the past and reading through that thread on OS recently there are a lot of relationships between sliders settings both off/def to penalties. Coaching sliders also play a role as well.

The thing that bothers me the most is the coverage defender continuing to drop further back and not react to an offensive players cut, I've seen this happen both for and against me.

Papa LoneStar
08-25-2014, 09:26 AM
Momentum was everything....I noticed it when we had talented teams....but I truly understood the importance with our current teams. There were times when I had 6-10 guys throbbing red on offense....a big play can work wonders. On defense....it wasn't possible. I'm not sure if it was the sliders, but it's easier to gain momentum on offense compared to defense despite similar ratings on both sides.

Oneback
08-25-2014, 09:32 AM
Don't get me wrong, I understand there are a lot of factors, I don't mind losing games, I've actually enjoyed it. However its the reactions of players (or lack there of) that are causing me frustrations.

JeffHCross
08-25-2014, 09:54 AM
Don't get me wrong, I understand there are a lot of factors, I don't mind losing games, I've actually enjoyed it. However its the reactions of players (or lack there of) that are causing me frustrations.I would be very surprised if we found a solution to that that didn't turn marginally better players (than the ones we currently have) into superstars. (EDIT: Unless that solution was to go full-bore with the Community sliders and just hope that they match up with how we play the game as a group) As it was, I saw a surprising number of quick-reaction-INTs on my team this year (including picking Golston) that I wouldn't have expected, based on the sliders and talent level. I'd be hesitant to sway too far from the current set, at least without hard proof of superior gameplay.

For example, I was reading a Varsity Slider set that sounded real good yesterday, but the more I looked at the numbers that they were getting, the more I realized that our collective stick talent in Powerhouse would absolutely shred those sliders.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a more exciting game that involved defense both reacting and overreacting. And the sliders thread you linked has some great info ... unfortunately the first thing it says is that Coaching Sliders are paramount. I don't believe we can touch those at this point.

EDIT: That thread indicates that coaches can be edited while a dynasty is on-going. I just checked, this doesn't work in an OD. I imagine it's only allowed in offline dynasties.

skipwondah33
08-25-2014, 10:09 AM
Now that my season is over the biggest thing I'd like to change going into next year is the sliders - I know defense has always been a problem in NCAA however...

What are everyone's thoughts on the sliders? I haven't checked to see if they're the same as we had in the old powerhouse OD but I find it virtually impossible to play any sort of defense, specifically pass defense. I know our teams are bad however in UvU games we're playing against other bad teams and it seems the only thing we can do is hope the opposing offense makes a bad read and throws it into traffic.

All the typical routes work, curls are money against any coverage (not just Cover 3) due to the corner or hook/curl defender not reacting (I've tried C2 Sink and purple zones which have helped in the past), same goes for comebacks. Any out breaking route destroy's man coverage - I'd understand it if the route is still open and a pass completed but my defender is still in position to make a tackle, however when he keeps running five yards down the field prior to reacting to the cut its a little frustrating.I've known defense to be terrible in NCAA as well but it's been driving me insane during this season.

I go into games with the CPU knowing everything they will work in the pass game. Usually my guys aren't anywhere near the WR be it zone or man.

Against users I have noticed that Curl defense is non existent, especially the short 4,5,6 yard variety. No matter what my defenders zone will not get underneath them. Which is particularly frustrating when I have an idea that is where my opponent is going. I try to drop purple zones underneath the outside ones but I've only had that work once, and it was a drop instead of pick.

Comebacks seem even deadlier but both seem to gauge me. That and slants I recently found out and of course deep posts which my Safeties refuse to cover.

Shouldn't expect much though with the group I have.

psusnoop
08-25-2014, 12:44 PM
I doubt changing much other then drops and QB accuracy are going to do anything to combat our defenders not going to the correct depth or see a play faster.

I tend to play more 3/4 just cause if I can get a user to sit a second longer my LB'rs are at a better depth the out of say 3-2-6 dime. Just my 2 cents.

Oneback
08-25-2014, 01:09 PM
Its not a correct depth issue....for example lets say the offense comes out in a Ace Spread and the slot reciever runs a 10 yard out. If the defense is in any flavor of man coverage the nickel DB will not react to the out cut by the reciever until close to 15 yards.

psuexv
08-25-2014, 01:19 PM
I'm up for whatever. I will say that the talent level of the players is a big thing that I've seen in some of my other dynasties, especially ones with really good teams. I'm in one where we are in year like 2024 or something like that and we've got some good defenders and depending on some of their skills they will blanket a WR. I do get some of the outs/ins to work but only if my WR has great route running and that doesn't always work. Also on the curls they will work but the timing has to be good and I've been jumped a bunch for swats and picks.

I'm really interested in these penalty sliders that will affect gameplay.

gschwendt
08-25-2014, 01:38 PM
I'm ask for changing sliders but I'd say they need to be moderate changes this year... We still need to be losing games with these teams.

That said, as Oneback and I agreed in our game, our OLs shouldn't be pushing around our DLs in either the running or passing game.

skipwondah33
08-25-2014, 01:53 PM
My Dline was getting mauled by your Oline G

My Oline was getting mauled by your Dline though as well I felt. Everyone has did that to me thus far though.

psusnoop
08-25-2014, 03:28 PM
I felt like my OLine which blows was dominating Escobar at the point of attack as well. That shouldn't have happened when looking at the ratings.

psuexv
08-25-2014, 03:45 PM
I'm ask for changing sliders but I'd say they need to be moderate changes this year... We still need to be losing games with these teams.

That said, as Oneback and I agreed in our game, our OLs shouldn't be pushing around our DLs in either the running or passing game.

I'll ask Papa to chime in on how he felt but I felt my DLine did a great job against his Oline last night. I felt like I got a lot of pressure and the inside run game really wasn't there. We both got a lot of yards by breaking runs to the outside.

gschwendt
08-25-2014, 03:50 PM
I'll ask Papa to chime in on how he felt but I felt my DLine did a great job against his Oline last night. I felt like I got a lot of pressure and the inside run game really wasn't there. We both got a lot of yards by breaking runs to the outside.
Honestly, in all 3 of my user games, I've felt like I was borderline cheesing because I could run up the middle virtually at will. My power back will find a hole and by the time he's hit, he'll fall forward for 7 yards. That could be because I try to have a balanced offense (ie they can't focus on the run) or something else.

skipwondah33
08-25-2014, 04:03 PM
Honestly, in all 3 of my user games, I've felt like I was borderline cheesing because I could run up the middle virtually at will. My power back will find a hole and by the time he's hit, he'll fall forward for 7 yards. That could be because I try to have a balanced offense (ie they can't focus on the run) or something else.Yep felt like that all game

I remember one play where it had to be a 10-12 foot hole up the middle consistently for quite a few plays.

psuexv
08-25-2014, 04:10 PM
Honestly, in all 3 of my user games, I've felt like I was borderline cheesing because I could run up the middle virtually at will. My power back will find a hole and by the time he's hit, he'll fall forward for 7 yards. That could be because I try to have a balanced offense (ie they can't focus on the run) or something else.

That's how my offense felt but my D felt a little better at stopping.

Papa LoneStar
08-25-2014, 06:27 PM
I was able to run until some sacks strung together....then my o-line got 2 that were cold....LT & C who are my best 2....that was nice....lol

JeffHCross
08-25-2014, 10:01 PM
I felt like I could run on anyone all year, and at least get 3-4 yards on each play. But I also put my two best run blockers side by side, and ran with numbers in my favor. Any attempt to run to the rest of my line, especially without numbers, was much less successful.

All in all, our teams were much more successful than I expected. Let's be honest, based on ratings alone, no one should be sniffing a bowl bid. But a large part of that is the human element.

skipwondah33
08-26-2014, 12:00 AM
http://youtu.be/0OtHqB51hiU

http://youtu.be/XaFIV64pxjg

:D getting old

marcotte14
08-26-2014, 06:57 AM
Oh man.....I'm glad I'm not the only person that has defenders bounce off ball carriers like that. I'm actually happy with the results of year 1 going 5-7 and beating two top 10 ranked teams during the year.

I seem to be the complete opposite of what Jeff was saying. I couldn't run the ball to save my life always getting tackled behind the LOS. However, I found it pretty easy to pass the ball even with my QB and WR's being rated so low. Every once in a while I would get risky and try to squeeze it into tight coverage, but for the most part, my WR's would be pretty much wide open. On to season 2!!!:)

skipwondah33
08-26-2014, 07:30 AM
Oh there is more on the Dynasty site

Gurley had a race with his pulling OG that somehow managed to get closer than any of my defenders did lol

Alot of work we need to do in the offseason