PDA

View Full Version : (PS3) Powerhouse Dynasty

Oneback
06-29-2010, 07:51 AM
Console & League name: (PS3) Powerhouse Dynasty

League Difficulty: All-American

Teams available/custom conference layout: Any team available in the Big-10 or Pac-10

Schedule:We typically play 2 to 3 games per week.

Scheduling: Still to be determined. It will either be hosted on our league website (http://powerhousefootball.net/forum/), EA's Online Dynasty website or here.

Rules: Sim style.

More information will become available after release.

Current members:

Big 10

1. JeffHCross - Ohio State
2. psusnoop - Penn State
3. Papa Lonestar - Michigan
4. fsuprime - FSU
5. Oneback - Iowa
6. gschwent - Wisc

Pac 10

1. xGRIDIRONxGURUx - Oregon
2. Kingpin32 - arizona
3. texacotea - Cal
4. Iron Dragon - Oregon State

Waiting on a team:
skipwondah33 - ASU/USC
Escobar

Pending/Reserve:
ryby6969 -
TheShockDoctor -
maij17 -
DariusLock -

JeffHCross
06-29-2010, 07:56 PM
Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

ryby6969
07-01-2010, 07:10 PM
So what are the requirements to be able to join because I am definitely interested?

DariusLock
07-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Can I get in on this?

Oneback
07-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Any new comers will need to play myself and a few of the other dynasty members, mainly so that both parties can get a feel for one and another to make sure its a good fit all around.

DariusLock
07-04-2010, 12:16 PM
When would be a good time to play?

Oneback
07-04-2010, 02:12 PM
When would be a good time to play?

I think I am going to hold off and play everyone on NCAA 11, probably start playing Wednesday or Thursday after release, we in all likely hood will not be kicking off the dynasty until the July 31st weekend. So we should have plenty of time to get games in.

ryby6969
07-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Sounds good, see you then.

DariusLock
07-05-2010, 11:27 AM
I think I am going to hold off and play everyone on NCAA 11, probably start playing Wednesday or Thursday after release, we in all likely hood will not be kicking off the dynasty until the July 31st weekend. So we should have plenty of time to get games in.

Alright well my PSN is DLock119 just add me and I'll accept. I will have the game on the midnight release.

Iron Dragon
07-05-2010, 03:08 PM
I might be interested.

I have I think all of you added or almost all of you and have played a couple of you on '10.

JeffHCross
07-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Just to let everyone know, the reason we're planning to wait to start the dynasty until late in July is to allow people to find any issues in the game before diving into an Online Dynasty, as well as to wait for "the best" rosters, rather than just the first named set.

The last two seasons in Powerhouse, we've started a Dynasty on practically Day One, and that dynasty died out within a couple months. The reasons varied, but it's happened two years in a row. However, both years we've started a late dynasty (I want to say mid to late part of the CFB season), and we've played hard and fast until practically release day for the next season's game.

The reason for mentioning that is that we're also waiting a few weeks in the hope that the later start will allow the first dynasty we start to be the one that lasts.

:)

psusnoop
07-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Gives plenty of time for the flaws or abusive AI plays to come to light, and allow us to all agree on an outcome for those. It also allows for a good slider set to be worked on as well.

I'm all about making it the best it can be right from the start.

Kingpin32
07-05-2010, 09:04 PM
And not to mention it'll give us time to try our teams out too.

gschwendt
07-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Admit it, you guys just want time to play catch-up to me & my skills.

JeffHCross
07-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Admit it, you guys just want time to play catch-up to me & my skills.Oh, I'm sure right now you'd wipe the floor with me.

Sadly, I probably won't even get a game in until the 20th.

Kingpin32
07-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Admit it, you guys just want time to play catch-up to me & my skills.
Well you did get an unfair headstart on the rest of us. ;)

skipwondah33
07-06-2010, 11:21 AM
I will put my name in the hat.

My wife and I are expecting with the baby due late Sept or early Oct. If accepted in I would like to get a good feel of the schedule/user game set up before I could fully commit like I would like to with my sure to be precious time.

I have played in a few OD's before with FSU and he actually invited me to try out for this one last year but whoever I need to play just let me know.

maij17
07-06-2010, 07:11 PM
I would also like to join, looking at UCLA of course, PSN is the same as name, just hit me up to set up game

TheShockDoctor
07-09-2010, 08:24 PM
I would like to at least join a dynasty with players from here if I can't make it in this one. But if I can make this one I'd love to play you sometime after the game comes out.

PSN: THE_SHOCK_DOCTOR

Kingpin32
07-09-2010, 11:16 PM
I just wanna say that I can't wait to play you guys again.

Oneback
07-10-2010, 06:21 AM
The feeling is mutual> :)

Papa LoneStar
07-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Please put me down as Michigan (unless TheShockDoctor wants them) then I'll pick out of Stanford, Cal, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Washington....just gotta check out the rosters when I get a chance....my blind leaders are Stanford and Washington.

JeffHCross
07-11-2010, 10:06 PM
About f-in time you get over here.

Papa LoneStar
07-11-2010, 10:24 PM
I just put it as a bookmark....so it'll be on my phone rotation....lol

Kingpin32
07-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Now the whole gang is back lol

Papa LoneStar
07-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Aight....here's my list

1. Michigan
2. Iowa
3. Stanford

If I wasn't so concerned about continuing to try to bring back these historical programs....Iowa would be #1....man....they are nasty.

In NCAA 09....'brought back Nebraska....*cough*Alabama*cough* in NCAA 10....now I will attempt to bring back Michigan.

I would love to continue the great games I've had with Jeff by doing it at the end of the season with Michigan and Ohio State....but I wouldn't want stand in the way of somebody's favorite team.

JeffHCross
07-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Concur with Papa ... don't want to stand in the way of a favorite team, but it'd be awesome to see him with Michigan and Snoop with Penn State. I'd have to worry about those games so badly.

Kingpin32
07-11-2010, 11:29 PM
I'm gonna try to bring the Desert Swarm back to Arizona. Either them or I'll take M. State

Oneback
07-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Not quite sure which team I will be using yet, but after watching videos and reading through the prima guide (great reading for a plane ride) I will be running the pistol offense.

psusnoop
07-12-2010, 11:52 AM
The Big 10 is going to be all kinds of fun in our dynasty.

I'm so torn on what offense style I want to play. The pistol is fun but it is going to take me a little bit to get used to it. I used Indiana last night against Purdue and it was very fun but took me almost a half before I could get any sustained movement going. I'm so out of my element with this offense, but I enjoy it so much LOL.

Iron Dragon
07-12-2010, 02:59 PM
I'll be up for playing you guys whenever if I can join. I played psusnoop last night, but I ran an offense (air raid) that I don't plan on using.

Teams I'd like to use are Oregon State and Stanford probably.

ryby6969
07-12-2010, 05:26 PM
I will be ready to play someone tomorrow afternoon if anyone is interested. I got the game Saturday so have been messing around quite a bit the last two days. I work early tomorrow morning or I would be ready to play tonight. Look forward to getting into another quality dynasty. Would be interested in using Wisconsin in the Big 10 or whomever in the Pac 10.

Escobar
07-13-2010, 01:20 PM
I would like to join this Dynasty as well. I'll probably use somene in the PAC 10, because I'm using Michigan in another OD and Oregon is taken. I have most of y'all on my friends list already on PSN. Hit me up for a game anytime.

Oneback
07-13-2010, 01:39 PM
I will be on all day/week. KingPin and I are about to play a game.

Also, Papa...I think I am going to take Michigan from you. Outside of Texas they are my favorite team...being born in Michigan and all. Played a few games with them and I think I my have found a match. :)

texacotea
07-13-2010, 05:56 PM
IM in.....Oneback think we can get an updated list one page 1? Would like to see whos got who

Kingpin32
07-13-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm gonna roll Arizona. Md is made up now.

Oneback
07-13-2010, 07:48 PM
IM in.....Oneback think we can get an updated list one page 1? Would like to see whos got who

Done

Kingpin32
07-13-2010, 07:51 PM
I think G said he's in for sure.

Escobar
07-13-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm gonna roll with Cal. Just need to recruit a spread option QB for them, and I will be set.

BsktbllJk
07-13-2010, 08:56 PM
I would like to join if they have any room!!

Thanks

AIM is BsktbllJk

gschwendt
07-13-2010, 10:48 PM
Yeah Oneback, I am officially in, unless that 'maybe' was from your side of things. :)

I played ID earlier today. I played skip tonight and a great game. I've played against bsktblljk since NCAA04 so I can vouch for him.

All would be good additions.

Oneback
07-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Iron is in. Just played him. I'll update the 1st post in a sec.

Iron Dragon
07-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Thanks for letting me in. Really enjoy playing with you guys.

Are you guys using your forum here or your websites?

Oneback
07-13-2010, 11:15 PM
Thanks for letting me in. Really enjoy playing with you guys.

Are you guys using your forum here or your websites?

Here, http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?29

texacotea
07-14-2010, 07:25 AM
Looking @ either Wiscansin or Minn. Would like to get a game in with both before I make the final say so.

voltool16
07-14-2010, 07:45 AM
was wondering if i could use notre dame in the dynasty. im a tennessee fan but you said big ten big 21 only.

since notre dame already plays half of the big ten we could schedule me a few games for big 12 opponents too. or just put me in the big 10 to begin with and replace northwestern or something.

ill play whoever i have to to prove i dont cheese.

im 2 and 3.

game 1: won 23 to 20 with ut vs oregon
game 2: won with lsu over miami 24 to 7
game 3: lost 14 to 9 with ut vs auburn. i had ball at 25 with 30 seconds left and on 4th and eleven i got hte first down but fumbled at 5. i couldve easily won this game but blew it with a dang fumble.
game 4: lost but cant remember details.
game 5: lsot to a total cheeser. mrkush96. the guy ran two pass plays the whole game and won on the same cheese play from the 15 as time expired. i was lsu he was florida. i tied up 14 to 14 with a minute left then he drove hitting the same pass play. he either did a deep te inside post which the ai always leaves open no matter what defense you call or he threw it out to the flats every play. every single play i used the safety to prevent him form using the deep post he would immediately throw to the rb for 5 yards. everytime i covered the runningback hed throw to the wide open te. it was very irritating that even though i knew what was coming the ai wouldnt react over and over again. it ired everything. de contains. linebacker contains. man. zone. coreners covering te. safeties covering tight end. lbs covering te. blitz. no blitz. press. there is esentially no way to stop the deep te in post cause the ai doesnt react right, especially when you have to user control the flats cause ai screw that up too. he ran the play over a dozen times.

anyways....thats the rundown of my games. im playing later tonight around 9 eastern if someone wants to play me.

Escobar
07-14-2010, 11:41 AM
I'll be on most of today if anyone else wants to try me out

Kingpin32
07-14-2010, 11:42 AM
I'll be on most of today if anyone else wants to try me out

Thats what she said. :D

DariusLock
07-14-2010, 12:46 PM
be on later tonight

Oneback
07-14-2010, 04:42 PM
We currently have 12 members, however keep in mind a lot can happen in the next two and a half weeks. So if you do not have a team no please keep checking back because as with any OD no matter how good life happens and people have to leave.

If you are still interested keep playing the members of the OD and I will adjust the reserve list based on who gets their games done first.

BsktbllJk
07-14-2010, 06:05 PM
I would like to be added to the reserve list please...thanks

ryby6969
07-15-2010, 08:56 AM
I will be on all day today if someone wants to get a game in.

RcSinger
10-03-2010, 02:22 PM
This VT team is rather atrocious. I thought this was going to be new, not picking up where someone else left off. There is hope, but unless I play perfect, I should expect to bat .500

RcSinger
10-03-2010, 06:20 PM
First game wrapped up. At Akron. 8 min quarters, wow. This must be on Heisman because Akron was a little tougher than they should have been. In the end it was 35-17 with the last Akron TD coming with 24 seconds left in the game and against the 2nd team Def. It looked good for them early, but once VT got rolling, it was pretty much a trounce.

Oneback
10-03-2010, 09:51 PM
RC,

The forums for the OD are at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?29

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
10-17-2010, 12:51 PM
OB... let me know if you guys get a spot opened back up for me... or at least try to schedule a game with me to test my connection... all info per OD classifieds post... i dont want in an OD if it isnt with you guys probably... so if there isnt a spot... put me on the list...

"E"

Oneback
10-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Right now we have 12, but as you are aware stuff happens. I will keep you in mind however if someone has to leave. I am also typically on at night and if I am not playing an OD game I'll certainly be up for a game.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
10-17-2010, 03:35 PM
yeah its best if i try a game out... to test the conncetion because i FINALLY... was just now able to get all the game updates and tuner stuff downloaded and now its like im learning to play a totally different game... then with the tether deal... if its too slow im not even going to piss anyone off by trying to join... ill just make due playing by myself lol... but anyways... im going to try to hang around the forum more like i was a while back... especially now that i have the game at its latest edition, i can contribute more to some of the coach speak from what im seeing in the game...

"E"

JeffHCross
10-17-2010, 04:38 PM
You'd definitely be a welcome addition to the strategy section, Guru.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
10-18-2010, 10:12 AM
yeah ive not posted anything because until this weekend... ive been playing the July 13th original release of the game lol... im sooooo behind... but oh well... i did get a few offline dynasty games vs CPU using the powerhouse sliders... and im loving the oregon spread game using Miss St/Michigan playbook... LOVING IT... so ill try to get some stuff together and start commenting more like i used to...

"E"

HairyDawg
10-22-2010, 08:37 PM
I would like to be added to the waitlist. I'm currently playing in the SBCOL.