PDA

View Full Version : Occupy Wallstreet/Atlanta/Boston

morsdraconis
10-10-2011, 11:25 PM
I know most people don't talk about this stuff, but I've recently taken more interest in politics than I ever have (mainly thanks to Bill Mahar's amazing television show) and this Occupy Wallstreet/Atlanta/Boston thing is fascinating as hell.

Twitter is exploding with stuff about it. Just go to http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23OWS and read all the crazy tweets using the hashtag #OWS.

Is this the civil uprising that I've been waiting for for years in the US? God I hope so.

psuexv
10-11-2011, 10:28 AM
It's wild and will be interesting to see where it goes. Here's the site for the 99
http://wearethe99percent.tumblr.com/

psusnoop
10-11-2011, 10:35 AM
It is very wild for sure. Didn't know about that link E, thanks.

psusnoop
10-12-2011, 11:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGRXCgMdz9A&feature=player_embedded

Our Government talking about other nations while showing footage from our own country.

morsdraconis
10-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Wow. That is some INCREDIBLY powerful stuff right there. Wow.

bdoughty
10-12-2011, 06:54 PM
I know most people don't talk about this stuff, but I've recently taken more interest in politics than I ever have (mainly thanks to Bill Mahar's amazing television show) and this Occupy Wallstreet/Atlanta/Boston thing is fascinating as hell.

Well I am a conservative so I have a little different take on the situation but please understand I am no zealot or fans of zealots (Rush, Hannity, Pelosi, Maher and that guy from Flint, Mi). These are the people are that out to ruin our society. They only listen to you if you agree with them. There is no compromise and they rarely practice what they preach. Just do a google search in the past 24 hours on that hypocrite Pelosi and her husbands land deal. Also if you take a close look at the demonstrations your majority is a bunch of white rich kids who can afford to attend such rallies. They should spend some time hanging around at the labor unions to see how they are just as greedy and unethical as Wall St (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44872639/ns/us_news-life/#.TpY4m7LAmUk). I would also like to note the Bill Maher is on the board of directors of PETA. An organization that actually makes Wall Street quite tame in comparison.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/21/Bill_Maher_and_Ingrid_Newkirk_by_David_Shankbone.j pg/800px-Bill_Maher_and_Ingrid_Newkirk_by_David_Shankbone.j pg

There is a lot of bat shit crazy in the image above.

morsdraconis
10-12-2011, 09:29 PM
PETA is evil and I knew that he was on the board of directors for them. It sucks, but it doesn't make his political ideals any less interesting to me as long as it doesn't have anything to do with animals.

As for the Occupy Wall Street protestors, you are absolutely wrong there. All you have to do is look at the pictures of the people there and you'll be hard pressed to find one rich looking person in 10 there. They're people that are tired of the bullshit. Tired of all the backdoor politics that happen with Wall Street as well as all the other corporate greed going on. People retiring with pension funds from 3 different labor groups for the same job. People being "fired" with parting packages in the millions of dollars while going to another job, making more money than half the US added together.

More than anything, it's just people being tired of getting fucked while watching everyone around them get fucked as well. It's about god damn time the United States Citizens decided to rise up against their corporate overlords.

bdoughty
10-12-2011, 09:50 PM
PETA is evil and I knew that he was on the board of directors for them. It sucks, but it doesn't make his political ideals any less interesting to me as long as it doesn't have anything to do with animals.

As for the Occupy Wall Street protestors, you are absolutely wrong there. All you have to do is look at the pictures of the people there and you'll be hard pressed to find one rich looking person in 10 there. They're people that are tired of the bullshit. Tired of all the backdoor politics that happen with Wall Street as well as all the other corporate greed going on. People retiring with pension funds from 3 different labor groups for the same job. People being "fired" with parting packages in the millions of dollars while going to another job, making more money than half the US added together.

More than anything, it's just people being tired of getting fucked while watching everyone around them get fucked as well. It's about god damn time the United States Citizens decided to rise up against their corporate overlords.

I do not disagree regarding Wall Street but where are the protesters at the union halls? Care to explain that for me? What about athletes, entertainers and athletes? Greed exists far beyond our corporate overlords. I still disagree regarding the people protesting but I guess it depends on what coverage you are watching. I will not call you wrong as an opinion is just that, an opinion.

I will leave my thoughts at this and move off the subject. Really need to stay away from political discussion as it will get heated and does not benefit the forum as political and religious debates tend to divide a userbase.