PDA

View Full Version : Madden NFL 12 - Patch #2 Details

JBHuskers
10-07-2011, 11:14 AM
From Dewiel's blog on the Madden website. (http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/madden-title-update-2-details)

http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Richmedia/Image/NewsArticle/MUTDETAILHEADER_656x369.jpg?cb=1316746375

Hello Madden Fans –We have been working hard monitoring issues seen in Madden NFL 12 and identifying fixes to include in title update #2. While we do not have a date to share yet, I can tell you that the update has already made it through our own internal certification process and has been sent off to first party. Pending first party approval, here is what you can expect to see in Title Update #2:

Custom Playbooks have seen a lot of use this year, but there were a few bugs that some users pointed out that we have fixed.

•Fixed an issue where newly added sets would create their own formation category instead of grouping them in the same Set and Formation they were being added to. This should reduce some clutter in your playbooks going forward.
•Fixed rare issue where some placeholder text would show up if you removed the last play for all game situations.
•Fixed an issue where gameplans that had 0 plays in them would cause players to bundle together on the field. This was always avoidable by not setting 0 plays in your gameplan, but in the future this is prevented.
•Fixed an issue in Madden Ultimate Team where your Ultimate Team playbook would get replaced with your default playbook (per your "My Settings").
Unfortunately, every year there are players that simply look for Exploits in the game and then use them in online head-to-head matches. We've been actively monitoring and cleaning up the leaderboards of clear egregious exploiters. We've also fixed bugs that allowed Exploits to happen.

•Similar to an issue above, users could create a gameplan with 0 plays, which would then cause players to bundle up at the line of scrimmage and force an encroachment on the defense. This has been fixed.
•Fixed an issue where users could pause the game with three seconds left in a quarter causing a lock up to occur. When the other player left the game the other would get a win.
Gameplay

•(Cover 4) - Safeties with Inside Deep ¼ zone drop back instead of read-n-react on Run plays.
•If the CPU tries to run down the play clock (late in halves) and runs an auto-motion play, they will not start the play early enough or hike the ball before the play clock expires as the player is still in motion.
•Tuned down the frequency to block field goals by users running off the edge.
•When a two-point conversion is booth reviewed and ruled no good, the game clock will run while selecting a play on kickoff.
•Fixed issue when teams ran a QB Sneak the QB would get a speed burst.
•Fixed issue when a user aims the L-Stick in any direction and pump fakes (using RB/R1 defenders in a QA Spy assignment) that will immediately blitz the QB, leaving defensive assignments.
•Fixed issue where live balls on muffed punts that are recovered in the end zone were resulting in a touchback rather than a safety.
Madden Ultimate Team

•Fixed an issue where users were awarded coins when their friends quit out of a head-to-head game.
•Fixed a situation where user with a maxed out deck could get locked up in the My Trades screen.
•Fixed issue where previous MUT fans could not earn the "This one is easy" achievement/trophy for creating their MUT team in Madden NFL 12.
•Removed an exploit where a MUT player grieve another player through encroachments and other penalties but not lose contract time from their players. They would also receive coins.
General Issues

•Fixed several of the most common crashes and online disconnection issues for both platforms.
•Optimized performance in "Play Now" team select to prevent slow down/hitching when scrolling teams
•Improved the online leaderboards to be more accurate.
•Fixed several issues with commentary and PA.
•Addressed issue where users with large amounts of save data sometimes could not get into online head-to-head games.
•Lowered the frequency of rain games in Franchise Mode.
•Improved the field's texture on PS3.
•The 'recent games' section for head-to-head games uses the wrong colors for winner & loser. This issue has been addressed.
•Fixed issue where a user only appears as online in the Communities Member List if they're inside the community feature.
•Fixed issue where in Franchise, editing a player will remove their player roles.
•Fixed issue where when the maximum number of entrants for a room has been reached, after a user leaves the room, they'll be taken to a new room when they try to reenter it.
Phew! That's a lot of stuff. We thank you for your feedback and patience since the last title update. We hope you find that many of the top concerns have been addressed with this release. Thanks and we hope you are enjoying playing Madden NFL 12!

Rudy
10-07-2011, 03:57 PM
That doesn't seem like much in the gameplay department. I was happy with Madden 12 pre-patch so its not a big deal but I wish the sliders were made more powerful. No way should I have to boost cpu run block to 100 to get their running game going (and that isn't even good enough) or drop human pass reaction to 0 to help the cpu passing game. With a true 100 point scale it shouldn't be like that. I don't think the EA football teams do enough in terms of sliders - particularly testing how effective they are. I would have liked the quicker and shiftier cpu RBs to be more effective with their juke and spin moves. Again, I really like the game as it is. Just finished my first season at 8-8 and am working towards the draft now.

I OU a Beatn
10-07-2011, 04:04 PM
If they fix FG blocks, that'll be a huge annoyance going goodbye. It's still missing so much, though. I'll at least give it a shot.

jaymo76
10-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Was hoping to see that height and weight could be edited... oh well. Still a damn good game overall.

BCEagles
10-12-2011, 06:52 PM
The DT I drafted is supposedly 6'6" 304lbs but yet he looks like a bolemic hollywood actress on the field. Anybody else hear of this problem and I didnt see it on here but will it be fixed in this patch

JBHuskers
10-17-2011, 10:50 AM
From Stick Skills: (http://stickskills.com/2011/10/17/second-title-update-releasing-for-madden-nfl-12-tomorrow/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=second-title-update-releasing-for-madden-nfl-12-tomorrow)

The patch will be out tomorrow.

kindella2
10-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Good to hear the playbook issue of new sets appearing by themselves will be fixed. Im rather enjoying this game...

Rudy
10-18-2011, 05:45 AM
Patch is out. Played one franchise game this morning and didn't notice anything different. My passing game still sucks.

skipwondah33
10-18-2011, 08:15 AM
Good to hear the playbook issue of new sets appearing by themselves will be fixed. Im rather enjoying this game...

Yeah I created a custom playbook and found a work around for this issue. Just removed the plays that were creating seperate formations. It was plays that I didn't use anyway.

Now that this is fixed I will add a more formations and plays.

jaymo76
10-23-2011, 04:54 PM
It takes so long to make a custom playbook and tweak it to your liking, especially if you are weighting the plays (1-5 stars). I may just use an existing book until I have some major free time.

skipwondah33
10-24-2011, 10:36 AM
I thought the same initially but it didn't take long at all IMO. I don't use the weighting option because I don't use the gameplan/gameflow feature.

My offense book already featured plays and formations that I like. So I removed for example the Wildcat formation then added 2-3 of formations that I like from other books and added plays accordingly.

Defensive book was the same Went with the Steelers which had the formations that I liked though not all of the 3-4 formations in it. Added Dime Normal and i was set.

I will say that one could spend alot of time with it depending on what they are trying to do.