PDA

View Full Version : One complaint I have for being a commish of an online dynasty

hawkeyeguy
10-04-2011, 08:58 AM
Unless a human uses all his recruiting time it won't show he's ready to advance even if he's finished recruiting that week (and played his game) I think for next year's game if you've called all your prospects that should also pop up as ready to advance. I hate having to track down users and ask them if they are done and they are like "absolutely, been done for two days" Anyone else have this gripe or is it just me? :)

SmoothPancakes
10-04-2011, 09:04 AM
Those users can also select "Ready to Advance" in the dynasty menus so they'll show up as ready, even if they have time left over. I would do that all the time in the 360 Coach Mode OD. That way Coach Kernzy didn't have to ask if I was ready every week in the game.

keyser soze
10-04-2011, 09:22 AM
My complaint about hosting a OD is that my players can not get "ON FIRE" or whatever that is. This problem has been in the game since OD's came out I believe so it must be a tuffy to fix.

hawkeyeguy
10-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Those users can also select "Ready to Advance" in the dynasty menus so they'll show up as ready, even if they have time left over. I would do that all the time in the 360 Coach Mode OD. That way Coach Kernzy didn't have to ask if I was ready every week in the game.

Are you sure about that?

gigemaggs99
10-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Are you sure about that?

In the ODs that I'm in. Even if I had 1 hour or 2 remaining for example and I then play my game. After I play my game I can click on "ready to advance" this will put the GREEN dot next to my user showing I'm ready to advance.

I would suggest to your users to start using this feature....then tell them you are advancing no matter what at a certain date/time. Then they will have the option to set it ready to advance or it will advance anyways. Then you are still keeping on an advance scheduel you like and your users feel like they have some control too.

gschwendt
10-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Are you sure about that?Yes, certainly. Though as the commissioner, if you click the option, it will begin to advance the week so obviously you can't mark yourself as ready.

keyser soze
10-04-2011, 01:09 PM
My complaint about hosting a OD is that my players can not get "ON FIRE" or whatever that is. This problem has been in the game since OD's came out I believe so it must be a tuffy to fix.
Does anyone know if the "ON FIRE" issue is for all human players or just the commish?

gigemaggs99
10-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Does anyone know if the "ON FIRE" issue is for all human players or just the commish?

What is the "on fire" issue? I'm not sure what that is referring to.

oweb26
10-04-2011, 01:42 PM
when a player is in theory "performing" a little guy showing he is on "fire" will show up next to his name, right by the awards he has won area . Showing that he is doing well as well as giving + attributes so his awareness or something of the sorts will improve.

keyser soze
10-04-2011, 01:57 PM
when a player is in theory "performing" a little guy showing he is on "fire" will show up next to his name, right by the awards he has won area . Showing that he is doing well as well as giving + attributes so his awareness or something of the sorts will improve.

yes, my understanding is that this both gave your guy a BONUS and helped him to IMPROVE during the season so his in season attributes would go up MORE. I remember reading about this being an issue that needed to be addressed in a previous year. In the past it only effected the OD commish but now it looks to effect all humans as far as I can tell. Of course I can NOT check on this at this time as it is completely impossible for me to join any dynasty with other human beings until the tier 3 tech team at EA figure things out.

hawkeyeguy
10-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Good stuff guys, thanks.