PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 12 Update from EA SPORTS

Pages : [1] 2

Dewiel
09-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Hey Everyone,

I’d like to provide everyone with an update on where we are with the two of the main issues with NCAA Football 12. Once I have more information to share, I’ll provide another update.

- No Huddle Issue introduced in title update #2

We’ve identified and fixed the “No Huddle” bug that was introduced in title update #2. Since becoming aware of the issue, we immediately began work on a resolution and this will be released in the next title update. Title Update #3 is currently in our own internal certification process and we’ll provide an update once we make it through the 1st party certification process (Sony and Microsoft).

- Transfer Fails

The team has been working around the clock to identify and address the transfer fail issues that some of you have been experiencing. While we have been successful in addressing many of the transfer fail issues that users who were stuck in “Bowl Week” were experiencing, we are still investigating the other versions of the transfer error. It’s important to let you know that the “Transfer Fail” message is a generic message and could be one of several different issues. We have been reaching out to the community to collect additional information about their Online Dynasties to help us track down and solve these issues. With the number of customizable options available in Online Dynasty, it’s imperative that we get these details in order to replicate the issues. We thank you for your continued support and detailed feedback on the issues at hand.

If you are experiencing a transfer fail issue, and have not done so already, feel free to provide us with the following information here in this thread:

Name of Dynasty:

Console:

Gamertag/PSN ID:

Commissioner's Gamertag/PSN ID:

Number of users in Dynasty:

Exact week/spot where you are stuck:

Date & Approx time of your last transfer failure error (Please try again and provide the info if you don't remember):

When it is failing? (For example, is it when you're trying to upload a game, a team change, or after advancing a week? If it's advancing a week, can you include whether it is when you're advancing to or from your week. For example, advancing to week 7.):

Any special settings in your dynasty (Custom Playbooks, TeamBuilder,
Coaching Carousel, Custom Conferences):

If you're using Custom Conferences, what changes did you make? (Ex. Turning the Big East into a 16 team league):

Do you/can you provide a video link showing off the exactly what you’re seeing on your console? Visually seeing this is huge for the developers.

Please copy and paste the format above in your response so that it's easy to pass along to the team. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Justin Dewiel, EA SPORTS Community Manager

oweb26
09-21-2011, 08:47 AM
While I hate to agree with some people....its not my job to test all of this out and send it to you, taking time out of my life. Its your job to know :smh:, kudos for all the guys here and other sites who have brought these issues to their attention. Thanks gentleman. :up:

xMrHitStickx904
09-21-2011, 08:50 AM
yeah, I agree. I hope others can basically beta test the game so it can be resolved in the next patch. It's basically October and we're still going through these problems.

CLW
09-21-2011, 09:05 AM
Can those in the know kind of give us a sense of what EA's "internal certification process" involves? It seems to me that it SHOULD involve actually playing the game both on the 360 and PS3. It would not have taken very long of playing after patch #2 to see/find the no huddle glitch.

Dewiel
09-21-2011, 09:06 AM
Totally get it guys. I've included that information for those guys who want to provide specifics on what they are seeing. As you guys have probably seen, there are many different forms of this issue that guys are experiencing and that's why I've asked for specifics.

Dewiel
09-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Can those in the know kind of give us a sense of what EA's "internal certification process" involves? It seems to me that it SHOULD involve actually playing the game both on the 360 and PS3. It would not have taken very long of playing after patch #2 to see/find the no huddle glitch.

I don't know what all goes on in the process myself, but we were aware of the issue as soon as the first report came in. Knowing the issue and finding the root cause to address it are two different things.

keyser soze
09-21-2011, 09:12 AM
Dewiel, the way I read that it doesn't look promising that the TRANSFER FAILED issue is going to be fixed very soon. Is it still too soon for EA to even know if it will be fixed in the patch versus not needing a patch because the problem is server side?

Dewiel
09-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Dewiel, the way I read that it doesn't look promising that the TRANSFER FAILED issue is going to be fixed very soon. Is it still too soon for EA to even know if it will be fixed in the patch versus not needing a patch because the problem is server side?

I don't have specifics, but I can tell you that we are working non stop on this and we were able to address the transfer fail issue for many of the guys who were stuck in "Bowl Week" server side. Once I have more information from the team, I'll let you guys know.

Sinister
09-21-2011, 09:52 AM
i wish they would fix flexibility of wr's

hawkeyeguy
09-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Until they fix it, superlinebackers are my nemesis and will continue to be.

steelerfan
09-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Thanks, Justin.

And thanks for putting up with needless BS from the community.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

lilheavy
09-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the update, hopefully this isn't taking up too many resources that should be working on NCAA 13 at this point...

keyser soze
09-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the update, hopefully this isn't taking up too many resources that should be working on NCAA 13 at this point...

Ummmmm, normally I might entertain this thought; however, when the current game does NOT PLAY at all in dynasty mode and every aspect of the game that they advertise does not work, well that needs to be fixed first or you have an issue of mail fraud on your hands. Its not even legal to claim your widget/game can do things that it can't.

Unconquered
09-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Dewiel, I know this isn't what you're after, but will TU3 address the weird issue with unwanted plays/formations in custom playbooks? Is is possible that these unwanted plays/formations are related to the no-huddle bug?

When using my custom playbook, I usually get nothing but 4 Verticals plays when I go no-huddle ...

Dewiel
09-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Dewiel, I know this isn't what you're after, but will TU3 address the weird issue with unwanted plays/formations in custom playbooks? Is is possible that these unwanted plays/formations are related to the no-huddle bug?

When using my custom playbook, I usually get nothing but 4 Verticals plays when I go no-huddle ...

We wanted to get the "No Huddle" fix out there as quickly as possible, so Title Update #3 only addresses the "No Huddle" issue. We are still collecting feedback and looking into other issues. I'll keep you guys posted.

lilheavy
09-21-2011, 01:14 PM
Ummmmm, normally I might entertain this thought; however, when the current game does NOT PLAY at all in dynasty mode and every aspect of the game that they advertise does not work, well that needs to be fixed first or you have an issue of mail fraud on your hands. Its not even legal to claim your widget/game can do things that it can't.

I'm not saying they shouldn't fix it, i'm just wondering how much potential/attention is taken away from 13 because of this.

I OU a Beatn
09-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Thanks, Justin.

Yeah, because asking for a correctly working game that we all paid money for is "needless bullshit." :fp:

Unconquered
09-21-2011, 01:30 PM
We wanted to get the "No Huddle" fix out there as quickly as possible, so Title Update #3 only addresses the "No Huddle" issue.

Thanks for the response and your honesty. I do hope the issue with "locked" plays and formations in custom playbooks gets fixed eventually, because I think I speak for a lot of people when I say custom playbooks were the #1 reason many of us bought NCAA 12.

psusnoop
09-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Yeah, because asking for a correctly working game that we all paid money for is "needless bullshit." :fp:

I would call it needless bullshit because there is no need for anyone to act childish about anything relating to a video game. I mean we all want the same thing here right? We want a great game that plays well, correct?

Sure we can all vent, most have done so in numerous other threads here. This thread was started as an update from EA directly. Let's keep it that way. No sense in slapping the hand that feeds you.

steelerfan
09-21-2011, 01:39 PM

No, it's not.

But, IMO, when everyone has been asking for an update/help/anything, and Justin comes here and gives it, there's no need to immediately say things like "it's not my job to send you this info".

While true, it's needless and pointless to say such things. If you don't want to help, don't. Others might. And others may be happy to have someone look at their OD instead of wallowing in self pity.

My OD hasn't worked in nearly 2 months. If having the info they asked for helps them, and, in turn, helps others - that is what the community is about.

Shooting the messenger, who didn't have to deliver the message at all, is pointless.

keyser soze
09-21-2011, 01:42 PM
We wanted to get the "No Huddle" fix out there as quickly as possible, so Title Update #3 only addresses the "No Huddle" issue. We are still collecting feedback and looking into other issues. I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks man, please keep us updated daily if possible.

Is it safe to assume that the TRANSFER FAILED error will all be handled EA's server side and we wont have to wait for Title update #4? If indeed these are server side, will they be updated on a case by case basis as they are discovered and fixed?

Dewiel
09-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Thanks man, please keep us updated daily if possible.

Is it safe to assume that the TRANSFER FAILED error will all be handled EA's server side and we wont have to wait for Title update #4? If indeed these are server side, will they be updated on a case by case basis as they are discovered and fixed?

So this is by no means my area, but we were able to fix the transfer fail issue that most were experiencing in the "Bowl Week" server side. I know the team is investigating all of these issues and plan to address them asap. I can't give you any more information other than that because I personally don't know. Once I have more information, I'll make sure and pass it along.

psusnoop
09-21-2011, 01:48 PM
Thanks Justin, much appreciated and good to know as well.

keyser soze
09-21-2011, 01:58 PM
So this is by no means my area, but we were able to fix the transfer fail issue that most were experiencing in the "Bowl Week" server side. I know the team is investigating all of these issues and plan to address them asap. I can't give you any more information other than that because I personally don't know. Once I have more information, I'll make sure and pass it along.

K, thanks.

oweb26
09-21-2011, 02:26 PM
I would call it needless bullshit because there is no need for anyone to act childish about anything relating to a video game. I mean we all want the same thing here right? We want a great game that plays well, correct?

Sure we can all vent, most have done so in numerous other threads here. This thread was started as an update from EA directly. Let's keep it that way. No sense in slapping the hand that feeds you.

Wouldn't that be slapping our own hands because we are feeding EA?

I OU a Beatn
09-21-2011, 02:33 PM
No, it's not.

But, IMO, when everyone has been asking for an update/help/anything, and Justin comes here and gives it, there's no need to immediately say things like "it's not my job to send you this info".

While true, it's needless and pointless to say such things. If you don't want to help, don't. Others might. And others may be happy to have someone look at their OD instead of wallowing in self pity.

My OD hasn't worked in nearly 2 months. If having the info they asked for helps them, and, in turn, helps others - that is what the community is about.

Shooting the messenger, who didn't have to deliver the message at all, is pointless.

I agree with that. I thought you meant bringing up bugs in general. My bad.

steelerfan
09-21-2011, 03:26 PM
I agree with that. I thought you meant bringing up bugs in general. My bad.

No worries. I figured you thought that I meant something other than what I did.

Pig Bomb
09-21-2011, 03:40 PM
overall this response [if you an call it that] from EA is a bit weak IMO considering the magnitude of the problems people are having.....

i picutre this angry mob outside of EA HQ and they send the lowest guy on the totem pole out to tell us they are working on something...thats all..all the higher ups are afraid to come outside for fear of being killed by the mob

they are so lcuky they have a monopoly

this game is so close to being really really good ...its a shame they keep busting it

keyser soze
09-21-2011, 03:54 PM
man, while I totally get what you are saying Pig Bomb, I DETEST the statement "the game is so close to being really good" as I have both heard it and MADE IT MYSELF year after year after year and this year is the only year that its so F'ed up that we can't even freaking PLAY IT if I wanted to! LOL.... it doesn't WORK!!! I am still blown away by the fact that its 9/21/11 and my NCAA game doesn't even work! Sure, has there been years in the past where it was so bad that I quit by now? YES. But I was actually having fun playing the game this year and they have to go and force us to take the PATCH OF DEATH if we want to play in an OD.... very unreal!

bdoughty
09-21-2011, 03:56 PM

:+1: x 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

steelerfan
09-21-2011, 04:12 PM
i picutre this angry mob outside of EA HQ and they send the lowest guy on the totem pole out to tell us they are working on something...thats all..all the higher ups are afraid to come outside for fear of being killed by the mob

You should consider seeking therapy.

Unconquered
09-21-2011, 04:16 PM
i picutre this angry mob outside of EA HQ

bdoughty
09-21-2011, 04:21 PM
they are so lcuky they have a monopoly

They also have a monopoly on monopoly. (http://www.ea.com/monopoly)

ram29jackson
09-21-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm more interested in knowing when the on field player reactions will be what they were before patch.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
09-21-2011, 06:00 PM
well anyone that thinks it is owed from the community to help out, can eat a big steaming pile... i pay for a game to play at my leisure... its my $ i spend it, its their product its their job to have it working properly...

ive been busy with football season and havent been around here much... mainly because #1 i didnt want to read excuses for broken features, #2 i dont have time to come here anyways, #3 its taken me until the patch to get a functional CPB, and then they dropped that on me...

i dont care if anyone views this as jumping on the pile, or ranting, its what forums are for... to express personal opinions... im glad they have come out and addressed the fact they screwed a lot of things up, but im not hleping anyone, and i cant stand the fact that it was asked... im not mad at the messenger, im pissed at the retards that have sent him out...

"E"

SmoothPancakes
09-21-2011, 06:10 PM
:fp:

steelerfan
09-21-2011, 06:21 PM
well anyone that thinks it is owed from the community to help out, can eat a big steaming pile... i pay for a game to play at my leisure... its my $ i spend it, its their product its their job to have it working properly...

ive been busy with football season and havent been around here much... mainly because #1 i didnt want to read excuses for broken features, #2 i dont have time to come here anyways, #3 its taken me until the patch to get a functional CPB, and then they dropped that on me...

i dont care if anyone views this as jumping on the pile, or ranting, its what forums are for... to express personal opinions... im glad they have come out and addressed the fact they screwed a lot of things up, but im not hleping anyone, and i cant stand the fact that it was asked... im not mad at the messenger, im pissed at the retards that have sent him out...

"E"

Where, exactly, did you read that it is "owed from the community to help out"?

Justin simply provided an outlet for people who are going through the Transfer Failed issue to explain their specific circumstances IF they want to.

morsdraconis
09-21-2011, 06:39 PM

:+1:

Seriously people. Grow the fuck up already.

bdoughty
09-21-2011, 07:01 PM
its what forums are for... to express personal opinions...

Fair enough

well anyone that thinks it is owed from the community to help out, can eat a big steaming pile...

im not mad at the messenger, im pissed at the retards that have sent him out...

and we all know what they say about opinions... :smh:

ram29jackson
09-21-2011, 09:58 PM
this patch better fix more than the no huddle bug...if zones and man coverage arent at least back to the original norm, i may as well stay on Madden...this game had tons of potential before the patch..even with a like,..5 and 30 record against randoms and straight gamers and such, I found it entertaining and believable and didnt throw that many ints with the amped coverage..but now, i can remember half the defensive hot route controls because I got use to the madden quick mode of the pad since you can save it to your profile and use it online...and the ncaa menues / reminders in game, you have to keep pushing R3 to make them visible, they dont stick/stay visible..

SmoothPancakes
09-21-2011, 10:32 PM
As was stated in the original post, patch #3 is only going to fix the no-huddle bug, as they considered that the top bug to fix right away and were able to quickly located and fix the problem. The other bugs will be fixed in patch #4.

ram29jackson
09-22-2011, 01:34 AM
As was stated in the original post, patch #3 is only going to fix the no-huddle bug, as they considered that the top bug to fix right away and were able to quickly located and fix the problem. The other bugs will be fixed in patch #4.

well, than on field gameplay should have been done first, its as simple as that.

Roy38
09-22-2011, 01:50 AM
Thanks, Justin.

Needless...:bang:

Dealer #1: "Sir, we found some issues with your new car, but we're happy to report it is fixed! Have a nice day!"
You: "Thanks! You know, I've had this vehicle for a couple of weeks and saw there were issues, but you guys assured me I'd be squared away by the time I signed the paperwork."

A few days later...
Cousin: "Thanks for letting me borrow your car, but I'd thought I'd let you know it was running a little rough. You might want to get it checked out."
You: "Hmmmm. I hadn't noticed an issue. When did you notice the problem?
Cousin: "Right after I started the car and drove a few blocks. You didn't notice it?"
You: "Nope. I'll call the shop immediately."

On the phone...
You: "Hi, it's me again. Listen, my cousin took my car out for a drive and noticed the same issues from before. Do you mind taking a look?"
Dealer #1: "Sure, no problem. Just bring your car in and we'll solve the problem for you."
You: "Super!"

Two months later...
Dealer #2: "Sorry we've had your car for so long, but we wanted to make sure we completely fixed the problem. I can assure you, you'll be 100% satisfied."
You: "Ok. I was beginning to wonder, but you guys know best. I can hardly wait to get back behind the wheel."

On the drive home...
You: "Damn. The problem is still there. This is disappointing."

After arriving home and calling the Dealer...
You: "Hi, it's me again. Look, I hate to say this, but the problem is still there."
Dealer #2: "Interesting. My mechanics told me the issue is solved, but rest assured, they are working on a solution. Do you mind popping the hood and taking a look for us? It could help speed up the process."
You: "Sure!"

A few days later...
Dealer #2: "Well, I can tell you we can fix two of the problems, but the rest will have to wait for now. You should still be able to drive it, but you might be careful and stay close to home for awhile until we can solve the other issues."
You: "Ok. I can tell you, my cousin is going to be upset - but, hey, I got this car for free, so as far as I'm concerned, you guys are still alright in my book. I don't know why people say such horrible things about your business. I guess some people just have an ax to grind."

:bang::bang::bang:

SmoothPancakes
09-22-2011, 01:52 AM
Once again... :fp:

oweb26
09-22-2011, 05:55 AM
While I am not on the extreme as some other people Smooth and Steeler you guys do come off as not wanting anything negative said towards the EA 's people. I understand not wanting to talk about them personally etc., but even with this first post it basically came off as we don't know what the hell the problem is and we are looking into it, granted saying something is better than saying nothing, but I think we have all concluded they don'treally know what the problem is or if they do they don't know how to fix it. Or even worse as Keyser pointed out the timeline isn' t looking promising.

Even a messenger can get something said to them, though I don't think this should turn into a bash fest or anything like that.

And also......
Leonidas: Before you speak, Persian, know that in Sparta everyone, even a king’s messenger, is responsible for the words of their voice. Now...what message do you bring?

I couldn't resist after I read someone saying he didnt have to say anything and I think we have all gotten his message. :D

psusnoop
09-22-2011, 06:53 AM
The thing to me here is EA (Justin) coming on to the TGT community boards to share information. He is owning the issues within the game. He is saying they are still trying to distinguish the difference between one freezing point and another. He asks that if the community would like to help they can and he (Justin) gave what would be beneficial for the developers to help figure out this issue.

Sure it stinks that EA is having these issues. The thing is not EVERYONE is having these issues. This makes finding the problem a little bit more challenging thus the reason why Justin and EA is reaching out to the community.

At NO POINT do you have to do so, this is totally up to you.

I'm not going to speak for Smooth or Steelerfan on this, but for my point of view this thread should be geared more towards helping Justin and EA. If you don't want to that is fine, just move along. Complaining and belly aching in this thread is worthless. Like Justin and EA is really worried about the "swats" or anything like that right now when they are desperately trying to figure out why some are froze and can't play. Let's be real here.

***JOKING For those that want to complain please visit Then press TRAP at the same time **JOKING

Seriously, we are all upset at the issues at hand. But if we complain that we are not getting any word from EA and then we do and yet we turn the thread into a complete bitch fest and getting off topic what freaking good is this doing?

psusnoop
09-22-2011, 07:06 AM
Needless...:bang:

Dealer #1: "Sir, we found some issues with your new car, but we're happy to report it is fixed! Have a nice day!"
You: "Thanks! You know, I've had this vehicle for a couple of weeks and saw there were issues, but you guys assured me I'd be squared away by the time I signed the paperwork."

A few days later...
Cousin: "Thanks for letting me borrow your car, but I'd thought I'd let you know it was running a little rough. You might want to get it checked out."
You: "Hmmmm. I hadn't noticed an issue. When did you notice the problem?
Cousin: "Right after I started the car and drove a few blocks. You didn't notice it?"
You: "Nope. I'll call the shop immediately."

On the phone...
You: "Hi, it's me again. Listen, my cousin took my car out for a drive and noticed the same issues from before. Do you mind taking a look?"
Dealer #1: "Sure, no problem. Just bring your car in and we'll solve the problem for you."
You: "Super!"

Two months later...
Dealer #2: "Sorry we've had your car for so long, but we wanted to make sure we completely fixed the problem. I can assure you, you'll be 100% satisfied."
You: "Ok. I was beginning to wonder, but you guys know best. I can hardly wait to get back behind the wheel."

On the drive home...
You: "Damn. The problem is still there. This is disappointing."

After arriving home and calling the Dealer...
You: "Hi, it's me again. Look, I hate to say this, but the problem is still there."
Dealer #2: "Interesting. My mechanics told me the issue is solved, but rest assured, they are working on a solution. Do you mind popping the hood and taking a look for us? It could help speed up the process."
You: "Sure!"

A few days later...
Dealer #2: "Well, I can tell you we can fix two of the problems, but the rest will have to wait for now. You should still be able to drive it, but you might be careful and stay close to home for awhile until we can solve the other issues."
You: "Ok. I can tell you, my cousin is going to be upset - but, hey, I got this car for free, so as far as I'm concerned, you guys are still alright in my book. I don't know why people say such horrible things about your business. I guess some people just have an ax to grind."

:bang::bang::bang:

Just to be clear, your now speaking for TGT in saying that they are completely OK and satisfied with the game right now?

At that point this happened

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7w64fbqYQY&feature=related

psusnoop
09-22-2011, 07:08 AM
OK I'd really like to keep this thread on Topic, and geared towards helping the community. Any chance we can clean this all up and move things into different threads? Gotta be tough for anyone trying to get information to Justin and for Justin to read when he/they are having to read through all this stuff (and yes I'm to blame as much as anyone) hence why I'm asking.

oweb26
09-22-2011, 07:28 AM
OK I'd really like to keep this thread on Topic, and geared towards helping the community. Any chance we can clean this all up and move things into different threads? Gotta be tough for anyone trying to get information to Justin (EA) when they are having to read through all this stuff (and yes I'm to blame as much as anyone) hence why I'm asking.

I agree Psu that this thread should stay on topic so I won't diverge this thread anymore.

keyser soze
09-22-2011, 07:56 AM
I don't believe this quote below to be true. To my knowledge EA has not said that Transfer FAILED or any other problems will be fixed in a 4th patch versus a server side fix that doesn't need a patch or did I miss something?

psusnoop
09-22-2011, 09:31 AM

I don't believe this quote below to be true. To my knowledge EA has not said that Transfer FAILED or any other problems will be fixed in a 4th patch versus a server side fix that doesn't need a patch or did I miss something?

I think your correct Soze, there is nothing stated what will or won't be addressed with the 4th patch. What we do know right now is the huddle bug is in patch 3 and that is it. The transfer failed, they found the bowl week issue but are still searching for why it is happening in other areas as well. That's why Justin called on the community to see if anyone can help them find more specifics regarding the transfer failed (especially since it was mentioned that this is just a generic error, and not "directly" related to one specific problem area).

steelerfan
09-22-2011, 10:19 AM
Roy, apparently you didn't read the whole thread before writing that cute little story.

oweb, no one asked for your help. It was unnecessary, IMO, to come right out of the gate saying, "its not my job to test all of this out and send it to you, taking time out of my life. Its your job to know". Also, we don't live in Sparta. ;)

The Spartan government was founded on the principle that the life of every individual, from the moment of birth, belonged absolutely to the state.

SmoothPancakes
09-22-2011, 10:47 AM
While I am not on the extreme as some other people Smooth and Steeler you guys do come off as not wanting anything negative said towards the EA 's people. I understand not wanting to talk about them personally etc., but even with this first post it basically came off as we don't know what the hell the problem is and we are looking into it, granted saying something is better than saying nothing, but I think we have all concluded they don'treally know what the problem is or if they do they don't know how to fix it. Or even worse as Keyser pointed out the timeline isn' t looking promising.

Even a messenger can get something said to them, though I don't think this should turn into a bash fest or anything like that.

And also......

I couldn't resist after I read someone saying he didnt have to say anything and I think we have all gotten his message. :D

The thing to me here is EA (Justin) coming on to the TGT community boards to share information. He is owning the issues within the game. He is saying they are still trying to distinguish the difference between one freezing point and another. He asks that if the community would like to help they can and he (Justin) gave what would be beneficial for the developers to help figure out this issue.

Sure it stinks that EA is having these issues. The thing is not EVERYONE is having these issues. This makes finding the problem a little bit more challenging thus the reason why Justin and EA is reaching out to the community.

At NO POINT do you have to do so, this is totally up to you.

I'm not going to speak for Smooth or Steelerfan on this, but for my point of view this thread should be geared more towards helping Justin and EA. If you don't want to that is fine, just move along. Complaining and belly aching in this thread is worthless. Like Justin and EA is really worried about the "swats" or anything like that right now when they are desperately trying to figure out why some are froze and can't play. Let's be real here.

***JOKING For those that want to complain please visit Then press TRAP at the same time **JOKING

Seriously, we are all upset at the issues at hand. But if we complain that we are not getting any word from EA and then we do and yet we turn the thread into a complete bitch fest and getting off topic what freaking good is this doing?

I too don't want to keep this thread off topic, so this will be my only post on the matter, but psusnoop summed up my thoughts. It's not that I don't want anything negative said, as I have said negative things about the game a number of times myself. I haven't experienced everything that others have, and not always on the same scale of severity as they have, but I have had some issues here and there. What my issue is, is the pointless, needless bitching in every single thread about EA or the game. We have the Open Letter thread, we have the Thoughts and Impressions thread, we have the Title Update #2 thread. We don't need it in this thread as well.

Well, I could have worded that better I suppose. I didn't mean every single issue will be patched in TU#4. I meant everything that they are able to locate the problems with, and are able to fix during the TU#4 time frame, will be included in TU#4. Not necessarily that "everything" will be included.

ram29jackson
09-22-2011, 06:21 PM
The Spartan government was founded on the principle that the life of every individual, from the moment of birth, belonged absolutely to the state.

judging from the movie,..they also seemed to have more shaving and waxing parlors in Sparta than we do today..????

gigemaggs99
09-22-2011, 06:31 PM
I would like to know if anyone has been running a successful OD from the beginning and it has had no problems IF they or any of the users has NEVER used custom playbooks? In the ODs I've been in that have had the transfer failed issue the 1 common thread has been some or atleast 1 or more users has used a custom playbook.

Just an idea, throwing it out there.

As far as collecting data on how/why the transfer failed happens, good luck. It seems like WAY too many variables have changed.

I started an OD a few days after the game was released.

We had 11 users. Some used custom playbooks some didn’t. The first transfer failed error started happening when some users retired. Then me as the commish couldn’t advance the league.

It was suggested we transfer the commish duties to another user and see if they can advance. This was successful, so I’m not sure what/how this affects the data.

The commish duties where transferred back to me and we were good to go until the week after the bowl games, when we all won, somehow we all ended up with a loss. Then I couldn’t advance again, gave me the transfer failed option.

Once again I transferred the commish to another user and he was able to advance, then the commish was transferred back to me…again, I’m not sure how all this transferring of commish affects the game data.

Basically the OD has fallen apart since users keep getting new league invites and have to start over with their coaching records, recruiting, etc….

Not sure if this helps with your transfer failed data gathering but thought I’d throw it out there.

For now I’m playing in 3 Ods, one has worked from the very beginning day 2 of the game release. We have 3 users total.

The others are working but have had issues. One gives transfer failed errors and the commish has to advance the week, then the next week we are able to load the OD without the transfer failed error.

The 3rd OD has been working fine except for 1 week when I had a user v user game, we couldn’t play each other b/c it kept telling both of us we were on autopilot, even though we weren't. We had the commish FORCE us to be on autopilot, then magically it let us play each other. Who KNOWS?

CLW
09-22-2011, 06:54 PM
I don't know what all goes on in the process myself, but we were aware of the issue as soon as the first report came in. Knowing the issue and finding the root cause to address it are two different things.

Just to be clear my point was simply you/EA should have seen/found the no huddle glitch prior to releasing Patch #2 to the consumer and fixed it before sending out a patch. (unless EA is claiming that Sony/Microsoft did something wrong after EA released patch #2 to Sony/Microsoft which caused the no huddle bug/glitch)

I wanted to know how/why the no huddle glitch was not seen/resolved before sending out patch #2. I just do not understand/comprehend how something so.... obvious and easy to spot could be "missed" unless EA doesn't actually play its game before "certifying" it to Sony/Microsoft.

Instead what appears to happen quite frequently is EA releases a patch it opens up some other glitch/bug that is obvious to anyone who played the game for any length of time and then EA relies upon its consumers to report the problem which starts the process all over again.

I was just curious as to what steps EA takes (or does not take) prior to releasing a patch/tune out to its consumers. If it is simply EA goes in and fixes the prior issue/problem and then immediately sends it out for Microsoft/Sony, I would suggest that EA actually started to take some time to test the game first.

This would likely save allot of headaches and more importantly for EA save face instead of having to come back and patch what a patch broke.

bdoughty
09-22-2011, 07:17 PM
I would like to add that you can put me down for having NCAA 13 shipping later next year. like late August. That said the problem, as it is with most things at EA, is that it is a business and time demands are set my the big wigs at Corporate. You think they would really let that happen? To allow NCAA and Madden to ship so close together? Not likely.

So CLW I am not trying to answer the question you posed to Dewiel, just pointing out that you have left the most important factor in why stuff gets sent out broken, stuff that the guys working on the game and testing usually know is broken.

It is because of these guys... They set release dates, sports games tend to stick to release dates due to agreements with the NCAA/NFL/NHL/Etc and the desire to have the product reach the market at the optimum time.

http://aboutus.ea.com/executive-sectionofficers.action

Riccitiello, John
Chief Executive Officer

http://ll.assets.ea.com/nawp/na/u/f/GPO/corporate/info/aboutus.ea.com/game_l_john_riccitiello.jpg

Brown, Eric
Executive Vice President
Chief Financial Officer

http://ll.assets.ea.com/nawp/na/u/f/GPO/corporate/info/aboutus.ea.com/game_l_eric_brown.jpg

Moore, Peter
Chief Operating Officer

http://ll.assets.ea.com/nawp/na/u/f/GPO/corporate/info/aboutus.ea.com/game_l_peter_moore.jpg

Until it starts to affect the pocketbooks, don't hold your breath for a major change in how they handle the release, patch, patch scenario. Also some of the info you are looking for would not be answered by any company in the gaming business.

I would suggest that EA actually started to take some time to test the game first.

and thus the game testers grabbed their pitchforks as this is the most overused, incorrect commentary on why games are sent out broken. Most bugs are caught by testers, not all but most. Once again we go back to the guys in charge.

Was there ample...

Time to fix bugs?
Time to ensure fixing bugs does not break other code?
Resources to do all the above in the Time allotted?

Point fingers all you want but far too many people are pointing them in the wrong direction.

gigemaggs99
09-23-2011, 12:40 PM
I have a simple question, maybe since there is computer programming involved there isn't a simple answer...but here goes:

Why can't they undo the patch?

The game had it's issues prior to the latest patch being release but atleast you could play offline. I understand this patch maybe fixed some things, but this no-huddle thing is really not fun. I could stand the game prior to the latest patch b/c I could still play offline (even though the online part was giving me transfer failed errors....and even though after this patch I still get them.....) I was able to play in my offline dynasty against the CPU.

The CPU runs the no-huddle all day long with most teams I face. It really seems like I'm not playing football or I'm using a h/s team that only has 1 formation and 10 plays to pick from when they CPU runs no huddle offense and I'm stuck on defense, or when I'm on offense and I run no-huddle I can only run 2 formations and 10-20 plays max.

They say they want to fix the no-huddle issue asap, why can't they un-release the patch? Why can't they go back?

If I want to go back on my own, and lose all of my coaching data and trophies, etc... can I delete the game data from my PS3 HD and then start over? Will the game be like it was in July when I picked it up on release day?

I just want to play football, my wife bought me Madden for my birthday last week. I like it, but I've always liked NCAA better, I just want to be able to play it even if it's only against the CPU.

Why do they say they want to fix the no-huddle issue asap, but take so long to do so? Are they trying to be sneaky and work in some other changes/updates too? I'm just wondering why if ALL they are planning on doing for the short-time if resloving the no-huddle issue, why does it take so long?

I'd even be happy with removing the CPB option if that's what it takes to get the no-huddle issue fixed. I guess I can always go out and buy a used copy of NCAA 11, the no-huddle worked there and I had access to all the formations in the normal playbooks.

gigemaggs99
09-23-2011, 12:46 PM
I guess just to be clear for me, in order to go back to the way the game was prior to the patches, I delete all the info on my PS3 harddrive, then restart the game and when it tells me there is a patch/update I select NO correct?

This will of course keep me from being able to play online right?

keyser soze
09-23-2011, 01:58 PM
I guess just to be clear for me, in order to go back to the way the game was prior to the patches, I delete all the info on my PS3 harddrive, then restart the game and when it tells me there is a patch/update I select NO correct?

This will of course keep me from being able to play online right?

yes, that is how I understand it. Pretty sure you can't load up the patch that was available on game day release either.... so who knows what problems you might run into. I don't believe there is a way to take patch #1 but not patch #2.... good luck!

hawkeyeguy
09-23-2011, 02:16 PM
My league (I commish) is in year 2 of our OD (on Xbox) and so far besides our bowl results getting simmed (before the patch) we've had no problem. BTW. Fix the Superlinebackers and I'd be pleased with how the game has run for me.

keyser soze
09-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Sooooo, any news? Another week has come and gone. Week 4 of college football in real life will be over in 24 hours, any chance we are getting a fix to this over the weekend?

keyser soze
09-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Also, you say that EA is working on this 24/7.... how long can you continue to work on it for 24/7 for real? If that statement is true and not just blowing smoke, I would seriously think 2 weeks of 24/7 around the clock work on this would be taking its toll pretty quick in several ways.

ram29jackson
09-23-2011, 05:27 PM
until they have fixed on field play to where they originally had it as far as zones and man D are concerned, they have done nothing... I know , i'm being redundant and just upping my post count. But I am upset about destroying what the defense did do and did it pretty decently

Pig Bomb
09-24-2011, 07:25 AM
Also, you say that EA is working on this 24/7.... how long can you continue to work on it for 24/7 for real? If that statement is true and not just blowing smoke, I would seriously think 2 weeks of 24/7 around the clock work on this would be taking its toll pretty quick in several ways.

i think 24/7 is code for "as much as a couple of guys can work in a day".... since most everyone else on the dev team is already working on new gimmicks for 13, so the marketing team can crank it up and increase sales at launch again next year

keyser soze
09-24-2011, 09:03 AM
Come on Dewiel, please give us daily updates as we are approaching 90 days after game release and it's still broken. The college season is 1/3rd of the way DONE this weekend and many of us want to get back into our dynasties NOW! At the very least update us on progress and let us know where you are, I do believe we are owed that much as paying customers who are not offered a refund.

gigemaggs99
09-25-2011, 07:39 PM
One other thing that has seemed to happen more since the last patch, the annoucing seems to always says, "and they come out in 5 wide." it will say this when I come out in any shotgun formation, even if I have 1 or 2 backs in the backfield. I don't remember it doing this prior to the patch.

ram29jackson
09-25-2011, 11:40 PM
One other thing that has seemed to happen more since the last patch, the annoucing seems to always says, "and they come out in 5 wide." it will say this when I come out in any shotgun formation, even if I have 1 or 2 backs in the backfield. I don't remember it doing this prior to the patch.

LOL

Dewiel
09-26-2011, 05:46 PM
UPDATE: Title Update #3 addressing the "No Huddle" issue has made it through our own certification and has been sent to Sony & Microsoft.

The team is also still working on the transfer fail issues and tracking down the specific issues based on your feedback. Thanks again for taking the time to provide as much information as possible.

jaymo76
09-26-2011, 06:27 PM
UPDATE: Title Update #3 addressing the "No Huddle" issue has made it through our own certification and has been sent to Sony & Microsoft.

The team is also still working on the transfer fail issues and tracking down the specific issues based on your feedback. Thanks again for taking the time to provide as much information as possible.

Didn't download patch 2 and haven't played since madden released. Once patch 3 comes I will fire this game up again.

keyser soze
09-26-2011, 06:54 PM

Wow, so after your last post and letting us know that the team is working 24/7 on the TRANSFER FAILED issue there is nothing more to report on that yet? How long can they go 24/7? Do they get time to eat?

baseballplyrmvp
09-26-2011, 07:19 PM
How long can they go 24/7? Do they get time to eat?

nope. not until they fix every issue. :)

SmoothPancakes
09-26-2011, 07:58 PM
:fp: Have some patience man. They're working on it.

cdj
09-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Come on Dewiel, please give us daily updates as we are approaching 90 days after game release and it's still broken. The college season is 1/3rd of the way DONE this weekend and many of us want to get back into our dynasties NOW! At the very least update us on progress and let us know where you are, I do believe we are owed that much as paying customers who are not offered a refund.

Wow, so after your last post and letting us know that the team is working 24/7 on the TRANSFER FAILED issue there is nothing more to report on that yet? How long can they go 24/7? Do they get time to eat?

Let's not attack the messenger. Dewiel did post an update on the next business day after your request. Even if it's not the exact answer we want, it's still information.

novadolla
09-26-2011, 08:48 PM

Thanks for keeping us up to date, looking forward to the next patch.

ram29jackson
09-26-2011, 09:10 PM
in all honesty, this better be worth the wait because the previous was a complete failure. I dont want to hear i'm being rude or making it personal. on a consumer level it was pretty sad execution...and i'm sure they know that

CLW
09-26-2011, 09:37 PM
Will Patch #3 bring back the "Exploding Endzones"? I miss that so..... much! :nod:

In seriousness, I hope/pray this was actually tested prior to sending to Microsoft/Sony before "certification". I cannot imagine the backlash that will come if the no huddle is fixed only to reopen the playbook glitch or some sort of other nonsense that should have been caught prior to sending it out.

Unconquered
09-27-2011, 06:38 AM

I wonder if addressing the no-huddle issue will also fix "locked" Four Verticals plays in custom playbooks, because when I try to go no-huddle with my CPB all I get is Four Verticals plays. In my mind, the no-huddle bug seems to be linked to issues locked plays/formations in CPB ...

Does anyone know if the no-huddle bug is present when using a default playbook?

cdj
09-27-2011, 07:15 AM
Does anyone know if the no-huddle bug is present when using a default playbook?

It is.

keyser soze
09-27-2011, 07:45 AM
Let's not attack the messenger. Dewiel did post an update on the next business day after your request. Even if it's not the exact answer we want, it's still information.

I asked for an UPDATE on the TRANSFER FAILED issue that is keeping me from playing ANY DYNASTY. Its 2.5 months past release, I have zero desire to PLAY NOW myself to death any longer. I want an update on the issue that has BROKEN the game beyond play-ability. The no huddle issue is bad, I will agree, but I can still play the game. Patch #2 broke the game and it wont even allow me to start a NEW DYNASTY without the same error. I want an update on THAT which I do not think is asking too much. I personally view it the same as if I took my car into a shop while it was still working and then the shop broke my car, I would want DAILY updates on the issue. Fact is my game worked pre-patch #2 (the death patch) but we are not given a choice to skip it if we play in an OD.

How bad is the freaking code that 2.5 months after the game went "gold" that no one can fix the online dynasty problem? OD's are NOT NEW otherwise I would be a lot more understanding. In my opinion, EA has done so much to attempt to keep the kiddies from cheating in their ODs that they have over complicated the situation and BROKE the freaking thing. How about caring LESS about the cheaters (because they will find a way to cheat regardless and we can always not play with randoms) and cater more to the legit adults that buy the product.

I mean seriously, 2.5 months past release and I can't even play in a dynasty and asking for an update on THAT DAILY is asking too much? Give me a break!

keyser soze
09-27-2011, 07:53 AM
For the record, I am not angry at Dewiel the messenger, I get that he doesn't know anything that he is not told. However, his announcement to me in my analogy of my car that is stuck in the shop that does NOT work sounds like the shop calling me to let me know that they have ordered me NEW WINDSHIELD WIPERS and that they should be put on in a couple of weeks! Saaaweeeet, I am getting new windshield wipers for my car a couple of weeks out but the darn thing still doesn't even start up.... awesomeness! Yes, that is why I am frustrated and feel like I am being cheated as this product is defective and the list of things that it says you can do with it is FALSE. If they did not claim that I could play a dynasty with this game I would not even think about buying it. That is the only reason I purchase this product and put myself through EA hell every year.

SmoothPancakes
09-27-2011, 07:54 AM
I asked for an UPDATE on the TRANSFER FAILED issue that is keeping me from playing ANY DYNASTY. Its 2.5 months past release, I have zero desire to PLAY NOW myself to death any longer. I want an update on the issue that has BROKEN the game beyond play-ability. The no huddle issue is bad, I will agree, but I can still play the game. Patch #2 broke the game and it wont even allow me to start a NEW DYNASTY without the same error. I want an update on THAT which I do not think is asking too much. I personally view it the same as if I took my car into a shop while it was still working and then the shop broke my car, I would want DAILY updates on the issue. Fact is my game worked pre-patch #2 (the death patch) but we are not given a choice to skip it if we play in an OD.

How bad is the freaking code that 2.5 months after the game went "gold" that no one can fix the online dynasty problem? OD's are NOT NEW otherwise I would be a lot more understanding. In my opinion, EA has done so much to attempt to keep the kiddies from cheating in their ODs that they have over complicated the situation and BROKE the freaking thing. How about caring LESS about the cheaters (because they will find a way to cheat regardless and we can always not play with randoms) and cater more to the legit adults that buy the product.

I mean seriously, 2.5 months past release and I can't even play in a dynasty and asking for an update on THAT DAILY is asking too much? Give me a break!

So what, you want them to come on here every single day and say "sorry, nothing yet", or do you want them to work on it and when they actually have something tangible to report, they come on here and say so? Once again, patience. It is a fuckton more complicated than you might think. It's not something that they can simply look at something, go "aha!" and have it fixed the next day. With all the ungodly number of variables as they have to deal with to figure out the exact issue and where and how to fix it (custom conferences, conference rules, custom rosters, dynasty settings, changes (if any) to the BCS bowls, custom playbooks, etc), it's not something simple. If they don't have something to report, then there's no point at all on coming on here day after day and saying "nothing today", regardless of whether you want it or not.

psusnoop
09-27-2011, 08:10 AM
Justin, the community appreciates the updates you have been sharing and hope that you continue doing so. :up:

keyser soze
09-27-2011, 08:12 AM
So what, you want them to come on here every single day and say "sorry, nothing yet", or do you want them to work on it and when they actually have something tangible to report, they come on here and say so? Once again, patience. It is a fuckton more complicated than you might think. It's not something that they can simply look at something, go "aha!" and have it fixed the next day. With all the ungodly number of variables as they have to deal with to figure out the exact issue and where and how to fix it (custom conferences, conference rules, custom rosters, dynasty settings, changes (if any) to the BCS bowls, custom playbooks, etc), it's not something simple. If they don't have something to report, then there's no point at all on coming on here day after day and saying "nothing today", regardless of whether you want it or not.

Well I disagree completely. It should not take them longer to come on here and give a status update then it takes us to come on here and post something. Plus, if they are working on it 24/7 I would think a 2 minute break to post would be appreciated.

I do a bit of programming myself and its NOT as hard as you think to trap these bugs when you can run the program line by line and see where it gets stuck. Sure, its hard from the .exe or executable side but when you run the program inside the code line by line you can see what is going on. YES, I want DAILY updates until the game is fixed OR they admit that they are no longer working on the fix.

JBHuskers
09-27-2011, 08:32 AM
Posting about it, every single day, in multiple threads, will not make things happen faster.

keyser soze
09-27-2011, 08:37 AM
So is my posting/venting about it here causing a problem? Am I somehow DELAYING the fix? What's the problem? This is a forum about a game that is BROKEN at my house and all I can do is log onto it and read TRANSFER FAILED every time.... am I not allowed to come here and share my thoughts/feelings about it? That is ALL I GET whether it be my old/new whatever dynasty. I thought this forum was about the game? If I had anything else to report or care about I would post it however all I got is TRANSFER FAILED error.

Are the TRANSFER FAILED recipients not welcome here? LOL

gschwendt
09-27-2011, 08:50 AM
Honestly keyser, since you're unable to even create an OD, I'd almost recommend calling their customer support and reporting the issue. I've not heard anyone else reporting that same issue at all (though I haven't gone looking for it) but since that's not necessarily the same issue as the other Transfer Failed issues, I'd report it directly if I were you. Not sure that anything will come of it but perhaps it can be handled directly. Just my two cents.

Pig Bomb
09-27-2011, 08:52 AM
For the record, I am not angry at Dewiel the messenger, I get that he doesn't know anything that he is not told. However, his announcement to me in my analogy of my car that is stuck in the shop that does NOT work sounds like the shop calling me to let me know that they have ordered me NEW WINDSHIELD WIPERS and that they should be put on in a couple of weeks! Saaaweeeet, I am getting new windshield wipers for my car a couple of weeks out but the darn thing still doesn't even start up.... awesomeness! Yes, that is why I am frustrated and feel like I am being cheated as this product is defective and the list of things that it says you can do with it is FALSE. If they did not claim that I could play a dynasty with this game I would not even think about buying it. That is the only reason I purchase this product and put myself through EA hell every year.

EA needs one of these trackers like Domino's Pizza!....

http://gedblog.com/wp-content/uploads/dominos-pizza-tracker.jpg

here ya go....

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4120/eafunny.png

psusnoop
09-27-2011, 08:52 AM
Not sure why your coming to that conclusion keyser. Who said any of that?

All that is said is that Justin is relaying information from EA to us as he gets it. He has been keeping the community up to speed and keeping us as informed which is very welcomed.

The thing that doesn't make sense is you asked for an update. Justin said that the team was still working on the transfer problem and he will keep us up to date. You then asked for more information, what more do you want. He just gave you an update. Asking twice isn't going to change the answer. They are continuing to work on the problem and Justin will post information as he gets it to share with our community.

psusnoop
09-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Pig come on man, who is hiding from the problems? I know your trying to be cute, but your not adding anything to this thread.

JBHuskers
09-27-2011, 09:07 AM
So is my posting/venting about it here causing a problem? Am I somehow DELAYING the fix? What's the problem? This is a forum about a game that is BROKEN at my house and all I can do is log onto it and read TRANSFER FAILED every time.... am I not allowed to come here and share my thoughts/feelings about it? That is ALL I GET whether it be my old/new whatever dynasty. I thought this forum was about the game? If I had anything else to report or care about I would post it however all I got is TRANSFER FAILED error.

Are the TRANSFER FAILED recipients not welcome here? LOL

You're allowed to share your feelings, but it gets old when you say the same thing every single day.

Pig Bomb
09-27-2011, 09:13 AM
Pig come on man, who is hiding from the problems? I know your trying to be cute, but your not adding anything to this thread.

ya im being funny.... but the "hide" part just goes to say the game has been broken and what did it take EA, like a week and a half or two weeks [or more - i lost track] to say one word about it??
as a business owner i'm miffed by the way they handle things sometimes...my customers would freakin hang me if i treated them like this... there have been some major MAJOR f-ups this year and the top dog should have come out and said something right away officially...not send some community leader guy to peak his head out.. [no offense Justin]

i remain hopeful that custom conferences, custom playbooks, no huddle etc etc will all work as billed here shortly
however, FIFA sure does make NCAA look bad

steelerfan
09-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Ok, it's now 10:30 EST and EA has NOT held a press conference to give me an update on the TRANSFER FAILED issue that won't let me play my OD. :(

gigemaggs99
09-27-2011, 09:39 AM
I knew it was possible:

Check out this review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFMW6u8zF_4

This if for FIFA 12. They have a new way to play defense. However they offer you the ability to switch it back to the way it has been in the past, so they give you the option to play the new way and the old way.

Why can't NCAA give us the option to play like NCAA 11? Why can't they give us the option to remove the CPB. Why can't we play the game the way it was when it shipped? Why are you forced to use the updates if you want to play online?

If all I want to do is play online and not use no-huddle or CPB, why do I have to use the updates? Shouldn't it be pretty much like NCAA 11?

JBHuskers
09-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Well the forcing to use the updates to play online answer is simple.

How in the world would a game run when someone is using v. 1.0 and someone is using v. 1.2?

keyser soze
09-27-2011, 10:08 AM
Honestly keyser, since you're unable to even create an OD, I'd almost recommend calling their customer support and reporting the issue. I've not heard anyone else reporting that same issue at all (though I haven't gone looking for it) but since that's not necessarily the same issue as the other Transfer Failed issues, I'd report it directly if I were you. Not sure that anything will come of it but perhaps it can be handled directly. Just my two cents.

I sent them an e-mail a while back when it was suggested to me on this forum to do so. I sent it to the address given by Dewiel. I have heard zero back.

Are you telling me there is a number that I can call and tell this to a human being who will care and give me an answer other than: "Yes sir we are aware of the issue and are working on it"

What exactly are my options here? For the first 2 weeks I did NOT post much of anything about it but simply logged on every other day, loaded up the OD to see if it was fixed receiving the ERROR message. I then went hunting on this site and OS to look for possible solutions and tried out every possible thing I found on either site. I even tried the solution that was brought to gschwendt in a dream but it didn't work. I have put several hours in attempting to find work arounds to simply get the OD to work even if it meant blowing up a recruiting class or allowing all my underclassmen to leave early.

All attempts have come up empty, I had pretty much waved the flag at my current OD so I went ahead and started a new one to "hold us over" until they fixed this one only to get the same TRANSFER FAILED error in week 1! This is the only game that I play on my xbox. This game is the sole reason that I have a GOLD account to play with my buddy who lives half way across the country. If not for this game I don't spend $60 on a gold membership.

Its not as much about money with me as it is about customer service at this point. I am a paying customer who took them at their word when they say that these features in the game WORK if you go and buy a gold account, pay for the online code or whatever that EA supplies separate to play in an OD. If EA takes out the OD portion of the game I assure you I quit buying as playing PLAY NOW games or even online against other people is not for me.

If there was ANYTHING else for me to discuss at this point I would. If you go back and look at what I use to post about BEFORE my game broke you will see I was very positive and talked about my OD quite a bit. I enjoyed the game before the second patch and was having fun with it. It is the best of the series with regards to CPU AI difficulty by FAR in the series.

keyser soze
09-27-2011, 10:09 AM

How in the world would a game run when someone is using v. 1.0 and someone is using v. 1.2?

Had my OD partner and I both been given an option we would have said DON'T UPDATE and given the community a few weeks to beta test the patch for EA mainly because my buddy, not me, was hell bent that EA would break the game. I told him I did not think they would take the time to patch a game that would break it but I was sadly mistaken.

Pig Bomb
09-27-2011, 10:11 AM
i'm also guessing FIFA has twice the budget of NCAA if not more...in fact I'm positive it's waaaay more!

JBHuskers
09-27-2011, 10:16 AM
i'm also guessing FIFA has twice the budget of NCAA if not more...in fact I'm positive it's waaaay more!

Oh yeah. Most definitely.

gigemaggs99
09-27-2011, 10:22 AM

I don't think you're seeing my point.

I understand different VERSIONS of the game wouldn't be compatible. I'm saying FIFA gives you the options to play it like an older version. If they can implement that into FIFA (and Madden for the matter, with the option to have different play calling screens) then it is possible.

And to say, “i'm also guessing FIFA has twice the budget of NCAA if not more”

Well that’s just annoying. I’m the consumer, I don’t give a crap what their budget is for a certain game, in my eyes they all cost $60.

keyser soze
09-27-2011, 10:39 AM
I don't think you're seeing my point.

I understand different VERSIONS of the game wouldn't be compatible. I'm saying FIFA gives you the options to play it like an older version. If they can implement that into FIFA (and Madden for the matter, with the option to have different play calling screens) then it is possible.

And to say, “i'm also guessing FIFA has twice the budget of NCAA if not more”

Well that’s just annoying. I’m the consumer, I don’t give a crap what their budget is for a certain game, in my eyes they all cost $60.

Twice the budget? LOL, shouldn't the games cost differently then?

Here is a serious question. Why does ANYONE put BETA on a piece of software? What does that mean? If it doesn't have BETA what does that mean? Are there any legal reasons for doing so?

gschwendt
09-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Keyser, that email address is to pass information to the developers, etc., not necessarily a communication portal. I imagine they reply to some but I wouldn't be surprised if most of the emails they receive go unreplied (though not necessarily unread).

As for a customer service number, there is indeed a phone number you can call, not sure where you get it from, it used to be in the manual so I assume it is either on the insert in the box or in the manual inside the game. I don't know that they'll give you much more of an answer than you currently have, but you at least can receive some sort of response. They might be able to upscale it to "technical support" (just like if you were having issues with a cell phone) or they might apologize, and say "they're working on it sir". That said, I'd start with the standpoint that you're unable to create an OD; don't say the words Transfer Failed until they ask you for an error message so that it doesn't get lost in the other issue.

At this point though, Justin nor anyone else is going to provide daily updates... about the best we can expect to receive is similar to what we've gotten so far "it's not fixed but we're still working on it" until they're actually able to fix it. I'm sure once it's fixed or once they have something for us to try, they'll give us some kind of info.

steelerfan
09-27-2011, 10:42 AM

No.

It's tied to sales numbers. Just as in any business, the group that makes the $, takes the $.

gigemaggs99
09-27-2011, 10:51 AM
No.

It's tied to sales numbers. Just as in any business, the group that makes the $, takes the $.

Exactly, it's still going to EA. Just because one game sells better than the other doesn't make it right to have the excuse that a different product should be of lesser quality. NCAA may not have all the same features that Madden does but it should work without major bugs.

keyser soze
09-27-2011, 10:52 AM
No.

In the business I am in if a product costs twice as much to make as another product, it will be sold for more. I am aware however that virtually every video game sells for $60 and they don't all cost the same to make.

I will look into the phone number but typically calling those type of things end up in some seriously frustration let alone lost in translation.

As for the UPDATE, I would appreciate a simple notification if in fact THEY ARE MAKING ANY PROGRESS. I don't think its asking too much to tell us whether they are closer to fixing something then they were last week or yesterday. If they truly are working 24/7 this should not be a big deal as I would assume they are making progress. What is the disadvantage of letting us know on the progress? Does anyone else at their work have to give progress reports like me or does everyone get to tell their customers that "we are working on it" and not a peep more until the job is done? If I did that we would be OUT of business by now.

JBHuskers
09-27-2011, 11:02 AM
No.

That's why CoD gets 6 or 8 patches.

oweb26
09-27-2011, 11:03 AM
I think the 24/7 was more of a figure of speech kinda deal. I always tell our clients I am working on it and I don't call back until I am finished unless it is taking 2-3 weeks. Lol.

gigemaggs99
09-27-2011, 12:07 PM
I can understand the more budget = more rescources put into the game. I can also understand that in the end it may = a higher price tag.

The thing I can't and refuse to agree with is, less budget = incomplete product.

I am in the plumbing world. It always bothered the living heck out of me when our boss would say something like, 'ok guys this is a million dollar + house so let's make sure we do a good job on this one."

That annoys the hell outta me. Shouldn't the customer that is working hard for their $100,000 house get the same service the $1,000,000.00 house gets? You charge both the same per hour rate, so why should one customer get something better?

In my brain they should NOT, they should get what they pay for.

In the plumbing world, you offer a service (you work is your product) it should be the same no matter how rich the customer is.

I would HOPE it's the same in the video game world. EA's name is on these products, so it SHOULD matter.

If all EA games for the most part are $60, then they should all hopefully turn out the same complete product.

Thanks for listening.

steelerfan
09-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Well, Gus, think of it this way.

If my budget allows me to employ 10 plumbers, and your budget allows you to employ 2, which company is most likely to accomplish the most in a calendar year? Yours, or mine?

I'm not saying this is exactly how it is, I'm totally unfamiliar with FIFA's team, I'm just giving you an explanation (in your terms) of why budgets are meaningful.

keyser soze
09-27-2011, 01:08 PM
I think the 24/7 was more of a figure of speech kinda deal. I always tell our clients I am working on it and I don't call back until I am finished unless it is taking 2-3 weeks. Lol.

In our industry we actually do sell some software to carry out our tasks. If we sold software to a customer who had ALREADY PAID FOR IT (typically this is not the case and a customer does not pay in full until AFTER he agrees that you gave him what you said you would give him) but if he did pre-pay and then it didn't work, there is ZERO percent chance he/she would be cool with the response of "we are working on it don't call back until I am finished." Pretty sure we would be contacted by a lawyer, and 100% certain our reputation would be finished. Being that we don't have a monopoly on our product/service we have to care about our reputation as it is tied to sales.

gigemaggs99
09-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Well, Gus, think of it this way.

If my budget allows me to employ 10 plumbers, and your budget allows you to employ 2, which company is most likely to accomplish the most in a calendar year? Yours, or mine?

I'm not saying this is exactly how it is, I'm totally unfamiliar with FIFA's team, I'm just giving you an explanation (in your terms) of why budgets are meaningful.

Ok, I see your point.

I guess my point is not seen. All I'm trying to say is, whether you have 2 plumbers or 10, whether you have 50 people working on the game or 5, it seems like you should not turn out a broken product.

..."the I'm sorry ma'am your water heater is broken b/c we only have 2 employees" (by the way, that will be $200).... just doesn't cut it in my book.

My point is, how in the world can they turn something out that isn't tested, or if it is, why are there such big problems?

I shouldn't have made the comparison. I should just keep my mouth shut and hope for a new patch to come along.

It would be nice if the game worked when it came out in July. It would be nice if they didn’t have to patch it, it would also be nice if we could play it patch-free during the real NCAA season.

Oh well, I guess I’m just annoyed that it’s not working properly.

gigemaggs99
09-27-2011, 01:16 PM
In our industry we actually do sell some software to carry out our tasks. If we sold software to a customer who had ALREADY PAID FOR IT (typically this is not the case and a customer does not pay in full until AFTER he agrees that you gave him what you said you would give him) but if he did pre-pay and then it didn't work, there is ZERO percent chance he/she would be cool with the response of "we are working on it don't call back until I am finished." Pretty sure we would be contacted by a lawyer, and 100% certain our reputation would be finished. Being that we don't have a monopoly on our product/service we have to care about our reputation as it is tied to sales.

You are exactly right in my book. WE agreed to pay for the game. We were under the impression it was complete when we paid for it in July.

In the end, EA is not out any money. Who cares if we don't buy their products in the future? They got our money for this one and if they fix it or not, they still got our money for this one.

gigemaggs99
09-27-2011, 01:19 PM

Here is a serious question. Why does ANYONE put BETA on a piece of software? What does that mean? If it doesn't have BETA what does that mean? Are there any legal reasons for doing so?

I've always thought that BETA meant test version. It seems like the beta version usually isn't complete and it's "usually free". If it's not free then the later compelted Full version should cost more, b/c I would assume you are getting more than the "not completed, still in test mode, beta version"....but I'm starting to wonder...LOL

keyser soze
09-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Ok, I see your point.

I guess my point is not seen. All I'm trying to say is, whether you have 2 plumbers or 10, whether you have 50 people working on the game or 5, it seems like you should not turn out a broken product.

..."the I'm sorry ma'am your water heater is broken b/c we only have 2 employees" (by the way, that will be $200).... just doesn't cut it in my book.

My point is, how in the world can they turn something out that isn't tested, or if it is, why are there such big problems?

I shouldn't have made the comparison. I should just keep my mouth shut and hope for a new patch to come along.

It would be nice if the game worked when it came out in July. It would be nice if they didn’t have to patch it, it would also be nice if we could play it patch-free during the real NCAA season.

Imagine your company have exclusive rights to do all the plumbing in your town.... now you have the power. Its like my cable company who is the ONLY show in town. My choices in cable are either them or satellite but I have zero other choices in cable companies so when my service is down quite often, I don't have the leverage of calling up a different cable provider if in fact I prefer cable to satellite. Its about the closest thing I have to NCAA game... I like the college football game more then I like other sports games that work better.

keyser soze
09-27-2011, 01:22 PM
I've always thought that BETA meant test version. It seems like the beta version usually isn't complete and it's "usually free". If it's not free then the later compelted Full version should cost more, b/c I would assume you are getting more than the "not completed, still in test mode, beta version"....but I'm starting to wonder...LOL

Hmmm, never thought of the beta version being free. I am pretty sure I have had to pay for beta versions in the past. I will look this up. As for thinking beta means incomplete, if that was the case I would think EA would have to call their game on release day "beta" since everyone knows a patch will always comes out shortly after because it is never finished.

oweb26
09-27-2011, 01:37 PM
Ok, I see your point.

No i definitely see your point.

gigemaggs99
09-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Hmmm, never thought of the beta version being free. I am pretty sure I have had to pay for beta versions in the past. I will look this up. As for thinking beta means incomplete, if that was the case I would think EA would have to call their game on release day "beta" since everyone knows a patch will always comes out shortly after because it is never finished.

Well I don't know, I've played EA games for a while now since the 90s. I would say the free demo version that comes out for download a few weeks prior to the full game release date as being similar to a beta. It said it has most of the features but not all.

It just dissappointing that this one has had so much trouble.

I've played other games in the past, and have always turned to EA for sports game. I think I started in jr. high with the NHL series on Sega. EA has always been good, I guess it takes a few bad apples to upset the apple-cart.

I also think this online download/patch thing is a double edged sword. In the past, prior to this option, prior to online games, if the game sucked and was broken I would trade it in. Now with the option/hope that it will be fixed or repaired I keep it and keep playing it, hoping that a "fix" will come out. Even though realisitically EA, I would think, is working more on NCAA 13 than they are this one.

SmoothPancakes
09-27-2011, 01:38 PM

Every game comes out with a patch at some point, regardless of who makes it. Should every game be called "beta" on it's release day?

keyser soze
09-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Every game comes out with a patch at some point, regardless of who makes it. Should every game be called "beta" on it's release day?

If they know that the game you are buying out of the box does not work properly, yes. Just imagine if you did NOT have internet or the ability to get the "patch". LOL, I do get the irony in my statement since you would be BETTER off in this case had you not been able to download the patch of death. I get your point though. I don't play many games and back when I did play more games patches were NOT common. Now there were "expansions" that you could purchase but not patches. I don't play much any more outside of NCAA so I wouldn't know. Guess I am old school.

gigemaggs99
09-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Imagine your company have exclusive rights to do all the plumbing in your town.... now you have the power. Its like my cable company who is the ONLY show in town. My choices in cable are either them or satellite but I have zero other choices in cable companies so when my service is down quite often, I don't have the leverage of calling up a different cable provider if in fact I prefer cable to satellite. Its about the closest thing I have to NCAA game... I like the college football game more then I like other sports games that work better.

I guess this is just the nature of the beast we call capitalism.

When I graduated college we had 3 choices for cable where I live, the cable company which like you're saying had a monopoly, they sucked, they were VERY expensive and if your trash stopped working they would take days to come out to fix, horrible customer service. PLUS they raised their rates all the time without warning.

The 2 sat companies that were in our area were decent, but they didn't work when it rained, which prior to 2011 is usually a lot here.

So the options where, pay for something that worked, sometimes, when you had problems it would be like wheel of fortune when they would show up (please be home from 8-5pm....um ok....) and they would raise their rates all the time. OR you could go with sat that didn't work when it rained, which was a lot.

Then all of sudden the powers that be, the DEMAN powers of the supply/deman module said ENOUGH and 51% of the people F YOU cable company and magically after a while they went out of business. Well that left us with sat, but it also opened up our market and MAGICALLY a new company came in, here comes the magic SUPPLY part of the fun...well it works!

The prices have been the same for 3 years. They have excellent customer service. I'm sure given time it will all come back around but it's just annoying that is has to be this way. I guess it's b/c it's like the video game world, since the machines (xbox, ps3, are always getting better) or a newer faster, better version is on it's way then this brings in an entire headache of outside factors...and in the end, everyone wants more money for their "better" product. Like the cable company that also provides us with high speed internet, I'm sure it will go up in cost sooner or later, they keep improving it and then will say, "well we have to cover those costs."

I guess the morale of the story is, I understand cable or inter companies are going to change/upgrade...I understand that nature of the beast. However, when I buy a game that is on a disk and realistically should be complete when I buy it at the store and there REALLY won't be huge changes/patches done to it anyways since next years version is coming out in less than 12 months....I don't see why the one I buy can't be more complete.

SmoothPancakes
09-27-2011, 02:39 PM
If they know that the game you are buying out of the box does not work properly, yes. Just imagine if you did NOT have internet or the ability to get the "patch". LOL, I do get the irony in my statement since you would be BETTER off in this case had you not been able to download the patch of death. I get your point though. I don't play many games and back when I did play more games patches were NOT common. Now there were "expansions" that you could purchase but not patches. I don't play much any more outside of NCAA so I wouldn't know. Guess I am old school.

Understandable. It's unfortunately a fact of life in video games these days. I have 50+ games sitting on a shelf next to my Xbox right now, from probably at least 5-10 different companies, and every single one of them had a day one patch released with the game, as well as at least one other patch at some point in the months following release, some others had multiple patches. It's just become the standard practice in video games these days.

Others like JB or I OU or someone who plays/buys more games in one year than I have bought/owned/played since 2010, could probably tell you if there has ever been a game that didn't require at minimum a day one patch, but I'd guess it'd be an extremely small number if there has been.

JBHuskers
09-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Understandable. It's unfortunately a fact of life in video games these days. I have 50+ games sitting on a shelf next to my Xbox right now, from probably at least 5-10 different companies, and every single one of them had a day one patch released with the game, as well as at least one other patch at some point in the months following release, some others had multiple patches. It's just become the standard practice in video games these days.

Others like JB or I OU or someone who plays/buys more games in one year than I have bought/owned/played since 2010, could probably tell you if there has ever been a game that didn't require at minimum a day one patch, but I'd guess it'd be an extremely small number if there has been.

Yeah it's damn near every game now a days.

bdoughty
09-27-2011, 04:15 PM
The reality is that development of console games, ever since they got big hard drives and online connection have become similar to what PC gamers have lived with for years. I think that is one reason people like myself and others who were/are heavy PC gamers tolerate the practice more as we are used to it.

I am just glad NCAA Football sells enough to get these patches. One only has to go back to NCAA Basketball 10 to realize that the game was broken (freezing) and never got a single patch. Not on day one or to this day. EA knew the freezing problem existed but since they had already planned on discontinuing the series (due to poor sales) the staff had already been moved on to NBA Live and other projects. It sucks but that is the nature of the beast. Businesses exist to make a profit. The bottom line and the share holders will always come first at Electronic Arts.

JBHuskers
09-27-2011, 04:22 PM
That's the odd part about NCAA Basketball 10, because you get one free patch. The rest cost you.

bdoughty
09-27-2011, 04:29 PM

Heh, yeah it probably has like 100 times the budget than NCAA. For one it is the number one selling EA Sports game. The game is also popular around the world. You have a ton of licensing costs with all the leagues in the games and the National teams with real names. You have at least 500 teams to deal with (and that is probably a low guess). You have all the different broadcasting teams for each language. They have 7 different covers for all the different parts of the world and those guys do not sit on the cover for free (http://www.fifa-infinity.com/fifa-infinity-news/official-fifa-12-covers/). Licensing and fees alone would blow NCAA's budget out of the water.

As I type this Fifa 12 just showed up at the door. :))

bdoughty
09-27-2011, 04:33 PM
That's the odd part about NCAA Basketball 10, because you get one free patch. The rest cost you.

The patch might be free but fixing the issue is not. You have to pay employees to fix it. To fix a game they were not planning on offering the next year. In their eyes it would be wasted time and money since they were dealing with such a small user base.

gigemaggs99
09-27-2011, 04:56 PM
The patch might be free but fixing the issue is not. You have to pay employees to fix it. To fix a game they were not planning on offering the next year. In their eyes it would be wasted time and money since they were dealing with such a small user base.

In most circles of life this would lead to....refund.

vandoren
09-28-2011, 01:06 AM
Name of Dynasty:stikwavr80OD1

Console:ps3

Gamertag/PSN ID:stikwavr80

Commissioner's Gamertag/PSN ID:stikwavr80

Number of users in Dynasty:2

Exact week/spot where you are stuck:uploading highlights for one of the TB teams

Date & Approx time of your last transfer failure error (Please try again and provide the info if you don't remember):around 6:30 MST on 9/27/11

When it is failing? (For example, is it when you're trying to upload a game, a team change, or after advancing a week? If it's advancing a week, can you include whether it is when you're advancing to or from your week. For example, advancing to week 7.):when uploading highlights

Any special settings in your dynasty (Custom Playbooks, TeamBuilder,
Coaching Carousel, Custom Conferences):2 tb teams, one custom playbook, 2 custom conf.

If you're using Custom Conferences, what changes did you make? (Ex. Turning the Big East into a 16 team league):big 12 has 11, mountain west has 9

Do you/can you provide a video link showing off the exactly what you’re seeing on your console? Visually seeing this is huge for the developers.
Here is video (apologies for the shakiness for cell camera)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX7vWUi5o4I

JBHuskers
09-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Thanks man. Welcome to the site! I have forwarded this on to Dewiel.

keyser soze
09-28-2011, 12:37 PM
I was home at lunch, had video camera in hand and was going to show my TRANSFER FAILED issue for both my current dynasty and then make a new one and show it happening from scratch but then I realized that I would have more time and effort in fixing this issue then "most" of the EA staff, so I put the camera down and figured it would be easier to just come here and bitch some more.

Thanks for "listening" :)

psusnoop
09-28-2011, 12:51 PM
I was home at lunch, had video camera in hand and was going to show my TRANSFER FAILED issue for both my current dynasty and then make a new one and show it happening from scratch but then I realized that I would have more time and effort in fixing this issue then "most" of the EA staff, so I put the camera down and figured it would be easier to just come here and bitch some more.

Thanks for "listening" :)

http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/1044414/81592604.gif

*edited to be sure everyone knew that was sarcasm

gigemaggs99
09-28-2011, 01:47 PM

DUDE that is F'ing FUNNY right there!

keyser soze
09-28-2011, 01:51 PM

WTH is that from?

psusnoop
09-28-2011, 01:54 PM
WTH is that from?

To be honest I don't know but it is one of my favorites :D:D

JBHuskers
09-28-2011, 01:58 PM
WTH is that from?

Hunchback of Notre Dame? :dunno:

morsdraconis
09-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Hunchback of Notre Dame? :dunno:

Pretty sure it's that.

Deuce
09-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Was it Freaks? Old movie from the 30's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdoughty
09-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Quasimodo was not a female last I recall. I think it is something else.

bdoughty
09-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Was it Freaks? Old movie from the 30's?

Congrats my fellow Sooner you are correct.

Schlitzie the Pinhead

http://www.roussimoff.com/freaks_bios.htm

Deuce
09-28-2011, 04:22 PM
I think I saw this on IFC one night when I was wasted. Kinda freaked me out...in a good way. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
09-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Congrats my fellow Sooner you are correct.

Schlitzie the Pinhead

http://www.roussimoff.com/freaks_bios.htm

http://beerblotter.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/2068313286_403f81f814.jpg

bdoughty
09-28-2011, 04:31 PM
http://beerblotter.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/2068313286_403f81f814.jpg

http://usera.imagecave.com/bdoughty/JR%20Ewings%20001.jpg

Because like JR, we own Dallas.

psusnoop
09-29-2011, 07:04 AM
:D:D

keyser soze
09-29-2011, 08:41 AM
gschewndt, are you still holding out hope that this week will be the week of the server side fix?

gschwendt
09-29-2011, 08:55 AM
gschewndt, are you still holding out hope that this week will be the week of the server side fix?Not sure what you mean by "this week". As far as I know, it could happen today, it may not be for another month. I really don't have any inside knowledge as far as progress or target date or anything like that.

keyser soze
09-29-2011, 09:13 AM
Not sure what you mean by "this week". As far as I know, it could happen today, it may not be for another month. I really don't have any inside knowledge as far as progress or target date or anything like that.

I just mean during this work week which would still include today and tomorrow. Although they claim they are working on this 24/7, I am not at all hopeful that they will discover and fix the problem over the weekend. I hope they let us know HERE if they attempt any server side fixes so I know to log onto the xbox and attempt to see if it is fixed. The potential problem with server side fixes is that we don't know they exist unless they tell us and last time I believe they only tweeted it somewhere....

hawkeyeguy
09-29-2011, 09:25 AM
I will probably jinx this but my offline and online dynasties are still working and I'm enjoying it (I hate superlinebackers)

bdoughty
09-29-2011, 12:55 PM
Although they claim they are working on this 24/7, I am not at all hopeful that they will discover and fix the problem over the weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV5SJgWoDOs

keyser soze
09-29-2011, 01:19 PM
you need a hand clap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWE5SJuMSlo&feature=related

keyser soze
09-30-2011, 10:23 AM
It's Frriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiDAY! Man I can't wait to go home and play NCAA this weekend... oh wait, that's right, the game is still broken. LOL

hawkeyeguy
09-30-2011, 11:36 AM
I can't wait to go home and play my offline and online dynasty games. Oh that's right. I can. ;-) (I still hate superlinebackers)

keyser soze
09-30-2011, 12:27 PM
I can't wait to go home and play my offline and online dynasty games. Oh that's right. I can. ;-) (I still hate superlinebackers)

Oh no you didn't!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_xO5s6bi44

AustinWolv
09-30-2011, 01:01 PM
i can't wait to go home and play my offline and online dynasty games. Oh that's right. I can. ;-) (i still hate superlinebackers)

ahahahaa!

:+1:

keyser soze
09-30-2011, 01:15 PM
I have decided to give this until next weekend at which time I will just start up a new dynasty if this isn't fixed. So with my luck EA will likely announce something the Monday after.

keyser soze
09-30-2011, 01:19 PM
I am leaning on taking FSU. I have 2 questions.
1) is it safe to change around conferences?
2) is it safe to play with a roster set that has put in the real coaching names?

hawkeyeguy
09-30-2011, 02:50 PM
2) is it safe to play with a roster set that has put in the real coaching names?

Forget that noise and join my Online Xbox Dynasty. :-)

keyser soze
09-30-2011, 03:28 PM
Forget that noise and join my Online Xbox Dynasty. :-)

HAHAHA, what diff? What teams? Are you just starting out?

I want to give it 1 more week because I will have to delete EVERYTHING off my xbox to make it work. As it stands now, it wont let me play in a new dynasty. I am guessing, that if I clear EVERYTHING and clear the cache it has to allow me then to play in a new dynasty. If not then the problem is tied to my xbox gamer tag and I don't really think that is possible.

keyser soze
10-01-2011, 05:14 PM
[QUOTE=keyser soze;107646]I am leaning on taking FSU. I have 2 questions.
2) is it safe to play with a roster set that has put in the real coaching names?[/QUOTE

Does anyone even know the answers to these 2 questions?

cdj
10-01-2011, 05:40 PM

Does anyone even know the answers to these 2 questions?

In our PS3 site OD, we have customized conferences and use edited coaches and have had no major issues. OD is still ongoing.

In our 360 site OD, we are using named coaches (unsure if edited) and have not customized conferences and have had no major issues. OD is still ongoing.

keyser soze
10-01-2011, 08:08 PM
In our PS3 site OD, we have customized conferences and use edited coaches and have had no major issues. OD is still ongoing.

In our 360 site OD, we are using named coaches (unsure if edited) and have not customized conferences and have had no major issues. OD is still ongoing.

thanks

cdj
10-01-2011, 08:19 PM
thanks

No problem. To clarify, we are in year two in the PS3 OD and nearing the end of year one in the 360 OD.

keyser soze
10-02-2011, 01:44 PM
No problem. To clarify, we are in year two in the PS3 OD and nearing the end of year one in the 360 OD.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, well that does matter. We had ZERO problems until the POST season after we moved conferences around after Patch #2. You might be too early to expose the problems yet.

Does anyone else here who has had their dynasties get pwned get bitter at EA on Saturdays when you watch real college football and want to play a game or recruit a stud class?

Side question: has anyone here recruited on both AA and heisman recruiting? Can you tell me the difference? If I start over I think I am going to ramp UP to heisman to increase the difficulty. I am just wondering though if it is too hard for a mid tier school because the CPU gets too big of a bonus or something.

Pig Bomb
10-03-2011, 08:02 AM
when you f-it up big time this is what should happen....

(CNN) -- Netflix Co-founder and CEO Reed Hastings made a public apology in his blog Sunday after a customer outburst against a hike in prices.

"I messed up," Hastings said. "I owe everyone an explanation."

when major parts of your game [including custom playbooks and online dynasty] are busted and leaving gamers unable to play the big dogs should come out, not the messenger boy... IMO anyway

keyser soze
10-03-2011, 08:38 AM
when you f-it up big time this is what should happen....

when major parts of your game [including custom playbooks and online dynasty] are busted and leaving gamers unable to play the big dogs should come out, not the messenger boy... IMO anyway

From a personal standpoint and being that I am one of the customers taking it in the pooper right now I 100% agree.

However, if I was the CEO of the company I am 98% sure I would NOT do as you say. There are several reasons why I think doing that would be a BAD idea.
1 - Some dynasties are working fine right now so there is mass confusion and not a unanimous opinion of something being broken
2 - Once EA would admit a major problem they would now OWN it and have to make it right or fix it. They either don't know how to do that or simply don't want to right now
3 - There can't be much confidence at EA right now that the next "fix" wont simply break 3 other things
4 - The LESS attention they bring to this issue publicly, the more likely this will get swept under the rug and NCAA 2013 will be a HUGE HIT

So if I ran the place, unfortunately I would handle it just like they have been from a business standpoint. Do I wish they would handle it differently? YES! But that is because I am on THIS SIDE of the fence and again, one of the guys taking it in the pooper!

hawkeyeguy
10-03-2011, 09:25 AM
HAHAHA, what diff? What teams? Are you just starting out?

I want to give it 1 more week because I will have to delete EVERYTHING off my xbox to make it work. As it stands now, it wont let me play in a new dynasty. I am guessing, that if I clear EVERYTHING and clear the cache it has to allow me then to play in a new dynasty. If not then the problem is tied to my xbox gamer tag and I don't really think that is possible.

All American
Year Two (week 8)

keyser soze
10-03-2011, 10:10 AM
All American
Year Two (week 8)

Oh, thanks but no thanks. Game is pretty good this year on heisman but still needs a few house rules on that level to keep the game fun against the CPU. Also, my internet connection is so piss-poor that I could never play another human online. I do think I am going to put a call into the cable company but I haven't yet as I don't play enough online to inspire me to actually make that call.

hawkeyeguy
10-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Oh, thanks but no thanks. Game is pretty good this year on heisman but still needs a few house rules on that level to keep the game fun against the CPU. Also, my internet connection is so piss-poor that I could never play another human online. I do think I am going to put a call into the cable company but I haven't yet as I don't play enough online to inspire me to actually make that call.

Well if you change your mind drop me a line. 7 dedicated users and we advance every three days (nice for the working man)

keyser soze
10-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Well if you change your mind drop me a line. 7 dedicated users and we advance every three days (nice for the working man)

Well do you guys play eachother? If you do trust me I am out because between my crappy internet and EA's servers that boot me every 5 seconds there is no way I can complete a game against another online user....

baseballplyrmvp
10-03-2011, 07:38 PM
dewiel posted on the ea forums that patch #3, that'll fix the no huddle issue, will be released this friday, 10/7.

cdj
10-03-2011, 08:05 PM
From the NCAA Football development team:

UPDATE - Title Update #3 addressing the "No Huddle" issue has made it through first party certification and will be available Friday (10/7). This update was rushed out to get [the no-huddle issue corrected] as quickly as possible, so the "No Huddle" is the only thing addressed.

psusnoop
10-03-2011, 08:14 PM
:up:

CLW
10-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Any bets on Patch #3 messing something else up?

gigemaggs99
10-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Any bets on Patch #3 messing something else up?

agreed, since they point out that it was "rushed" to get it out...that opens the door to, "we didn't have time to fully test it...."

keep you fingers crossed LOL

psusnoop
10-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Just a guess but I'd imagine given how fast it came out that it was something easy that got entangled with Patch #2. Probably not going to see any "new" issues arise from this. I'm with Gige though, fingers crossed.

keyser soze
10-04-2011, 08:15 AM
Spent 45 minutes on the phone with EA technical assistance last night after I attempted to create a NEW OD and I got TRANSFER FAILED..... The kid on the other line was SUPER NICE, so I will give him that. However, their technical assistance has ZERO clue what this issue even is! He spent about 20 minutes attempting to GOOGLE an answer even though I told him I have been trying to solve this for the past month myself on the forums. He was even reading some of the posts/threads that I am in out loud to me as possible fixes! ROFLMAO.... sooooo, YOU GUYS know WAY MORE then EA does about this issue. The issue WAS NOT EVEN IN HIS DATA BASE!!!!! TRANSFER FAILED is foreign to their data base as a known problem!?!?!?!??!

After 45 minutes and no solution found, they have "elevated" my issue to a "tier 3" technician. I will keep you all posted but I would NOT hold your breath being that they did not even have my issue on their known problems server.... NOT GOOD....

gigemaggs99
10-04-2011, 08:58 AM
Spent 45 minutes on the phone with EA technical assistance last night after I attempted to create a NEW OD and I got TRANSFER FAILED..... The kid on the other line was SUPER NICE, so I will give him that. However, their technical assistance has ZERO clue what this issue even is! He spent about 20 minutes attempting to GOOGLE an answer even though I told him I have been trying to solve this for the past month myself on the forums. He was even reading some of the posts/threads that I am in out loud to me as possible fixes! ROFLMAO.... sooooo, YOU GUYS know WAY MORE then EA does about this issue. The issue WAS NOT EVEN IN HIS DATA BASE!!!!! TRANSFER FAILED is foreign to their data base as a known problem!?!?!?!??!

After 45 minutes and no solution found, they have "elevated" my issue to a "tier 3" technician. I will keep you all posted but I would NOT hold your breath being that they did not even have my issue on their known problems server.... NOT GOOD....

That's funny right there. I used to do computer/phone support over the phone so I can see the wheels a turning....I'm surprised they didn't ask you questions like,

"sir are you attempting to play the game with a wirless or wired controller?......

Wireless.....

....ok thank you for that, is your wireless controller powered up and fully charged?.....

....ummmm YES....

....ok thank you for that.....is the game disk in the machine now?.....

....YES....

....ok thank you for that, now, when you get this transfer failed error is it when the controller is turned on or off?

....ON...

...ok thank you for that, and when you get this transfer failed error, is the game disk in the machine and the machine is power up?

...YES....

...ok thank you for that....and when you're playing the game with your wireless controller power up and fully charged, you machine is ON, game disk in the machine....are you standing within the wireless remote min/max limits?

....ummmm YES I'm 5' from my machine....

....ok thank you for that....would you mind me putting you on hold for a few mins while I research YOUR issue some more?.....

...SURE....

...Ok thank you for that, please hold......followed by broken skipping music that makes you want to throw the phone out the window.....(tech on the otherside is getting some coffee or soft drink at the vending machine....secretly laughing his butt off that you are silly enough to think he can do something....but also hoping you hang up since the hold music is so bad....)

....sir??? sir are you there? (please don't be there....)

...YES....

....(DAMN)....ok thank you for holding sir...at this time it sounds like your controller, disk, and machine are working properly. Unfortunately this error you're receiving is new to me, perhaps it's something with your OD only. Since we haven't heard of anything like is before, I'm going to send this onto a senior tech (who is busy working on NCAA 13) and they will research your issue (after coffee and cokes) and if they are able to reproduce your isolated error they will call you back to see if: a) you're still playing the game, b) are still playing with a powered up, charged wireless controller, and c) have by chance fixed YOUR error on your own.....thanks for calling EA, is there anything else I can help you with (please say no, I need a to pee and then need another coke....MAN why doesn't this call waiting light stop blinking....)

...ummmm ok, thanks I guess....

....Ok GREAT! thanks again for calling EA and we appreciate your support. have a great evening, enjoy your EA sports title.

I'm not one to usually quote other people but if there every was one to copy someone else's post..... this deserves this:

This could possibly be a picture of a 3rd level sr tech......

souljah1379
10-04-2011, 02:32 PM
if the patch only addresses the no-huddle
they have no idea that the option is also screwed up
i want a refund this unacceptable

JBHuskers
10-04-2011, 02:39 PM
It was stated from the beginning that this is all that patch #3 is going to cover.

keyser soze
10-04-2011, 03:14 PM
gigemaggs... you pretty much NAILED our conversation on the head. He was a super nice kid, I will give him that but it was pretty sad how shallow the "EA Tech Database" runs because I was shocked when the only place he could find "TRANSFER FAILED" was on google and not inside anything EA owned...

When he started down the patch of asking me about my XBOX and if that was "functioning properly" and things to check I just quickly cut him off and thankfully I was able to get him to bye-pass most of the TOTAL waste of time stuff. It was funny though how he put me on hold twice and was half surprised to find me still on when he got back!

Oh well, at least I know they truly aren't doing anything about it other then probably awaiting for the answer to find its way on google.com

souljah1379
10-04-2011, 03:15 PM
does anyone else have a issue with option plays in user games

keyser soze
10-04-2011, 03:19 PM
you did forget the part at the end though where he asks me to fill out a questionnaire that will be coming my way regarding EA's services and my phone experience. I guess they figure if I am good enough to hang on the phone that long for no help odds are I will write something positive.

they did e-mail me and in the e-mail contained a link where I can "buy direct" LOL... awesome!

ram29jackson
10-04-2011, 03:23 PM
It was stated from the beginning that this is all that patch #3 is going to cover.

seriously, if thats it, its pretty sad....defense is still destroyed? there better be a dang effort to fix the zone defense..fixing hurry up was actually least important compared to that..but it also must be easier to do,.. so thats why they did that.....?

JBHuskers
10-04-2011, 03:27 PM
No, it's not sad. They got this patched rushed to get that issue fixed ASAP, there were never any expectations of patch #3 being anything other than this.

SmoothPancakes
10-04-2011, 03:35 PM
No, it's not sad. They got this patched rushed to get that issue fixed ASAP, there were never any expectations of patch #3 being anything other than this.

Yeah, not sure where all this surprise is coming from all of a sudden. It's been stated repeatedly, on Facebook, on Twitter, in blogs, on the EA forums, on here, and all sorts of other places, that patch #3 was only going to correct the no huddle issue because they were able to quickly locate the exact problem with it, and wanted to get the fix out as quickly as possible as it was something they viewed as problematic or severe enough that it warranted it's own patch. EA was extremely straightforward and open about exactly what this patch was going to deal with, and not deal with, from day one that #3 was first announced, and yet people are still acting surprised that it's only fixing one thing.

ram29jackson
10-04-2011, 03:48 PM

no, you are both wrong, in the past they have had patches where they generalize what will be fixed and then when it comes out there is a whole list of things addressed,..this is the internet ie , very unreliable, dont tell me it was stated repeatedly etc. i dont take your word as law or fact or final verdict and dont really trust the various grapevines that go on. I just look at a few sources if I feel like it and see what actually happens.. i never paid attention to how long these things took in the past because it wasnt that bad and I really didnt care.. but this year was a major botch job by any companies standards....and dont take anything I say personal or have a hissy fit about it, ive been supportive,..today, right now, I feel like being bitchy LOL...fix the damn defense before halloween

JBHuskers
10-04-2011, 03:56 PM
It. Came. Straight. From. EA. Patch. 3. Only. No. Huddle. Bug.

JBHuskers
10-04-2011, 03:58 PM
That was the message from day one in regards to patch #3....that wasn't grapevine speculation or anything.....that was the word from them specifically all along. This is no surprise.

ram29jackson
10-04-2011, 04:07 PM

So.What.? LOL

fix the damn defense before Halloween

I'll be blunt..there are plenty of internet and computer design jobs in this world that are much,much harder than designing a video game and many of those do not take error kindly or flippantly and in some cases there is no room for error.

for someone who is supposed to be educated in this sort of thing, how hard can it be ? if you know patching is an inexact science, dont bother doing it yet till you know how to handle it and end up screwing up something in a month, it took you 9 months to design to a reasonable level

hawkeyeguy
10-04-2011, 04:10 PM

Darn all those people who wanted a game that had no bugs, darn them all. :rolleyes:

JBHuskers
10-04-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm specifically addressing this surprise that this is all patch #3 contained....not speaking of any other issues at this time.

hawkeyeguy
10-04-2011, 04:15 PM
I'm specifically addressing this surprise that this is all patch #3 contained....not speaking of any other issues at this time.

But the other issues are what are pissing people off JB. Listen, you guys run a great site and do a nice job here and it's a shame the game that gets you the most traffic on this site wasn't (at very least) 95% ready to go by release date, but it wasn't. You have to realize that the venom will be on this game until it's 100% and even after that.

bdoughty
10-04-2011, 04:16 PM
http://usera.imagecave.com/bdoughty/newspaper.jpg

JBHuskers
10-04-2011, 04:25 PM
But the other issues are what are pissing people off JB. Listen, you guys run a great site and do a nice job here and it's a shame the game that gets you the most traffic on this site wasn't (at very least) 95% ready to go by release date, but it wasn't. You have to realize that the venom will be on this game until it's 100% and even after that.

I know...but the focus of these last few posts was "that's all that is in patch #3", and that was what I was posting in regards to. I wasn't referring to anything else, but patch #3, where it's been known all along that the no-huddle bug fix was ALL that was going to be in that patch.

CLW
10-04-2011, 05:24 PM
gigemaggs... you pretty much NAILED our conversation on the head. He was a super nice kid, I will give him that but it was pretty sad how shallow the "EA Tech Database" runs because I was shocked when the only place he could find "TRANSFER FAILED" was on google and not inside anything EA owned...

When he started down the patch of asking me about my XBOX and if that was "functioning properly" and things to check I just quickly cut him off and thankfully I was able to get him to bye-pass most of the TOTAL waste of time stuff. It was funny though how he put me on hold twice and was half surprised to find me still on when he got back!

Oh well, at least I know they truly aren't doing anything about it other then probably awaiting for the answer to find its way on google.com

Yeah they are AWFUL. I couldn't even sign in on my PC to the online dynasty website. I contacted EA customer support and the person although friendly clearly had no clue and came up with the "we are aware of the problem and working on the solution..." Finally, I got the fine folks here to contact people at EA and CDJ (I think) fixed the issue for me.

Your best bet is to give very specific details of any issue(s) you are having here on the forums and then kindly ask others if they have seen this and/or if it could be forwarded to someone at EA who actually has a clue.

gigemaggs99
10-04-2011, 07:27 PM
I've never said I want more out of patch #3. I do find it wild that "how it's worded" the "tact" for better use of a word is being said, "we are getting the patch out asap b/c we know this is an issue..."

Do they realized this was NOT an issue prior to their patch #2? Have they ever said that in poor man's English, "we release patch #2, it caused the no-huddle issue". I've yet to hear them say, it was our mistake. I mean, this is their product, take some freaking ownership.

You make a lot of money off of the product, support it and take credit for it, in good times AND bad.

I'm glad patch #3 is coming out to fix THEIR mess up. Just would be nice to hear them say the real reason why it's coming out, not well we know ya'll are having a hard time so WE are working 24hr/day/7/day to make you happy. Are you serious?

If I took my car to the mechanic to get the A/C fixed and it came back with no engine, I'm thinking that wouldn't say something like, OH So now you want us to fix that TOO? Well we'll do our best to see what happened to the engine but we aren't going to fix anything else! :bang:

steelerfan
10-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Um, how are they not taking ownership? I think it goes without saying that it's their mistake. I doubt anyone is assuming you did it. :fp:

It's their product, any issues within it are, obviously, their mistake. :fp:

gigemaggs99
10-04-2011, 07:34 PM
I just hope and pray that this patch fixes the no huddle issue AND it doesn't cause MORE headache.

I'm a stay at home Dad, when my kids finally get to bed it's nice to be able to turn the NCAA game on and have some down time, it's a nice slow down period of my day.

I just wish it would work, that's all.

I've even told myself, well ODs are nice but if they have transfer fails issues, oh well. I just want to play vs the CPU if it comes to that. If they fix the no-huddle stuff and nothing else AND THEY DON'T BREAK ANYTHING ELSE with this Patch #3, then I'm 100% happy at this time.

I guess if all else fails and this patch #3 doesn't do as promised I will be forced to come to the choice of playing as is, or saying good bye to my ODs and deleting all the data from my PS3 HHD and starting over from scratch only playing offline. Which I really REALLY don't want to do but atleast I will be able to play offline.

It would be cool to be able to spend all this time on the game playing it, instead of coming on here reading other comments about it, getting all worked up and typing more.

I'd love to be able to play in my offline dynasty without the CPU giving it to me up the butt with their no-huddle. I'm HOPING this will be the case come Friday.....in the meantime....I'm going to try REALLY hard to just not type in this thread anymore...it seems to be going no where.

keyser soze
10-05-2011, 07:53 AM
Question: How can I personally fix this issue of not being able to start a new OD? I figure that if I delete everything off my hard drive that has to do with this game I have to be able to start a new OD right? Only problem is that I don't know how to delete every NCAA 12 file off my console, does anyone here know how to do that or have a different suggestion? I already deleted the game itself that I had downloaded onto the hard drive, but I don't know how to delete all the other files. Thanks.

gschwendt
10-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Question: How can I personally fix this issue of not being able to start a new OD? I figure that if I delete everything off my hard drive that has to do with this game I have to be able to start a new OD right? Only problem is that I don't know how to delete every NCAA 12 file off my console, does anyone here know how to do that or have a different suggestion? I already deleted the game itself that I had downloaded onto the hard drive, but I don't know how to delete all the other files. Thanks.
I'm almost certain there is nothing you can do on your end. Deleting files, etc. likely won't effect anything. The problem almost certainly is on their server's end and your "account" on that server. That's why I suggested you call because maybe they will actually investigate the server and be able to do something about it.

As an interesting test, one thing you might consider, if you currently still are absolutely unable to start an OD, give your sign-in information to someone to have them try creating an OD from their console with your information. If it works, then it's something involving your specific console, likely the MAC address or something along those lines. If it doesn't work, then that just confirms that it's tied to your profile on their server.

If you do that, post your results and I'll pass that along with the notes I've sent about your situation in the past. Might tell them something they're not aware of.

keyser soze
10-05-2011, 09:21 AM
I'm almost certain there is nothing you can do on your end. Deleting files, etc. likely won't effect anything. The problem almost certainly is on their server's end and your "account" on that server. That's why I suggested you call because maybe they will actually investigate the server and be able to do something about it.

As an interesting test, one thing you might consider, if you currently still are absolutely unable to start an OD, give your sign-in information to someone to have them try creating an OD from their console with your information. If it works, then it's something involving your specific console, likely the MAC address or something along those lines. If it doesn't work, then that just confirms that it's tied to your profile on their server.

If you do that, post your results and I'll pass that along with the notes I've sent about your situation in the past. Might tell them something they're not aware of.

I did call them and spoke to them for a long time... they have never heard of TRANSFER FAILED outside of what comes up on GOOGLE!

How about if I load up my friend's account on my xbox and create an OD? That should give me the same insight correct?

gschwendt
10-05-2011, 09:26 AM
I did call them and spoke to them for a long time... they have never heard of TRANSFER FAILED outside of what comes up on GOOGLE!

How about if I load up my friend's account on my xbox and create an OD? That should give me the same insight correct?Yeah... I saw where you called and it went about how I expected it to go but what I'm saying is possibly the tier 3 support may actually be able to do something. Only time will tell.

It will give similar insight, yes, though certainly not definitive.

keyser soze
10-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Yeah... I saw where you called and it went about how I expected it to go but what I'm saying is possibly the tier 3 support may actually be able to do something. Only time will tell.

It will give similar insight, yes, though certainly not definitive.

Well no offense to the guy that I spoke to on the phone but I would be willing to bet everything I own on the fact that this bit of knowledge would not help him at all. He might have tried to add it to the google search so he probably would have found THIS THREAD but outside of that it would not help. However, if you get to talk to this tier 3 guy (the man behind the curtain to whom I am not worthy, LOL) then maybe it might help. The dude on the phone I spoke with said he was looking at my account and there didn't seem to be anything wrong with it. Of course shortly after that he started asking me questions about my xbox console and SUPER BASIC stuff like "are you sure your game is on" etc... so not sure he was really doing anything.

gschwendt
10-05-2011, 09:59 AM
Well no offense to the guy that I spoke to on the phone but I would be willing to bet everything I own on the fact that this bit of knowledge would not help him at all. He might have tried to add it to the google search so he probably would have found THIS THREAD but outside of that it would not help. However, if you get to talk to this tier 3 guy (the man behind the curtain to whom I am not worthy, LOL) then maybe it might help. The dude on the phone I spoke with said he was looking at my account and there didn't seem to be anything wrong with it. Of course shortly after that he started asking me questions about my xbox console and SUPER BASIC stuff like "are you sure your game is on" etc... so not sure he was really doing anything.I'll be relaying it to the devs that I have contact with... it won't be the "tier 3 guy", but likely he brings information like that to the devs when it's out of his reach, assuming he is truly following up on it.

In the end though, all I can do to help is think of ways that can give us more information, and then pass that on to the devs.

gschwendt
10-06-2011, 05:49 PM
PS3 Patch 3 is now available.

NatureBoy
10-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Any word for the 360?

Edit: Nevermind, I just seen the home page.

keyser soze
10-06-2011, 07:14 PM
I'll be relaying it to the devs that I have contact with... it won't be the "tier 3 guy", but likely he brings information like that to the devs when it's out of his reach, assuming he is truly following up on it.

In the end though, all I can do to help is think of ways that can give us more information, and then pass that on to the devs.

Ok... get this! So I logged on with my buddy's account and loaded up the dynasty. I WAS SUCCESSFUL in making changes to the dynasty and getting them to UPLOAD to the EA server from my xbox on his account. Just to make sure that I still could not, I logged back off and onto my account only to get TRANSFER FAILED every time I tried to do the exact same thing I did when logged onto his account... WOW, so does this mean it has something to do with my gamertag? Very strange. Please let me know if/when you hear anything.

gschwendt
10-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Ok... get this! So I logged on with my buddy's account and loaded up the dynasty. I WAS SUCCESSFUL in making changes to the dynasty and getting them to UPLOAD to the EA server from my xbox on his account. Just to make sure that I still could not, I logged back off and onto my account only to get TRANSFER FAILED every time I tried to do the exact same thing I did when logged onto his account... WOW, so does this mean it has something to do with my gamertag? Very strange. Please let me know if/when you hear anything.

Are you able to play games and upload the results of your buddy's created OD?

keyser soze
10-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Are you able to play games and upload the results of your buddy's created OD?

I didn't bother to create a new OD, I simply loaded the one up that we are both in when logged onto his account. I would have to quit the OD to make a new one since you can only have 1 per account. Plus, what else would it prove? Simply put, I was able to make changes to the recruiting board and successfully LOAD them to the EA servers. This is impossible from my account on my xbox. What is still strange though is that I can recruit from my account on my laptop. So to summarize what works:

Recruiting from my account on my xbox = FAIL
Recruiting from my account on my laptop = SUCCESS
Recruiting from my buddies account on my xbox = SUCCESS

Seems strange to me.

baseballplyrmvp
10-06-2011, 07:59 PM
there must be a conspiracy against you, keyser. :nod: jk

bdoughty
10-06-2011, 08:02 PM
How old is your Xbox? I hate to go there but it based on findings your console could be the issue.

gigemaggs99
10-07-2011, 07:16 AM
Was able to get 1 game in last night, no-huddle seems to be working just fine. :up:

keyser soze
10-07-2011, 07:51 AM
How old is your Xbox? I hate to go there but it based on findings your console could be the issue.

Xbox is not that old... its my 3rd of 4th trade in xbox with best buy warranty program. why would you even guess this being that it works just fine with my buddies gamer tag? Also works fine for first 4 seasons of our OD as well as works just fine today for any other online game or online demo game.

th3 last tiger
10-07-2011, 08:21 AM
It is up for the Xbox 360 now as well

keyser soze
10-07-2011, 09:03 AM
gschwendt, can you let me know if you send this issue to EA and what you hear? I am starting to think that the "tier 3 technician" that has my issue is on planet Zelda and I have to go there to get a response.

gschwendt
10-07-2011, 09:31 AM
gschwendt, can you let me know if you send this issue to EA and what you hear? I am starting to think that the "tier 3 technician" that has my issue is on planet Zelda and I have to go there to get a response.Sent an email this morning. I'll let you know if I hear anything back.

gschwendt
10-07-2011, 09:48 AM
It is up for the Xbox 360 now as wellThanks tiger. I've updated the story on the homepage.

Additionally, the @EANCAAFootball twitter account had this update this morning:
We'd also like to announce that the team is currently working on a fourth title update and we will announce details at a later date.

When we have any additional details to pass on, we'll be sure to share them.

NatureBoy
10-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the updates guys.

bdoughty
10-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Xbox is not that old... its my 3rd of 4th trade in xbox with best buy warranty program. why would you even guess this being that it works just fine with my buddies gamer tag? Also works fine for first 4 seasons of our OD as well as works just fine today for any other online game or online demo game.

Sorry man, I blame it on skimming your post. I thought you did this on your friends Xbox.

ram29jackson
10-07-2011, 05:04 PM
any other insights about the update?

keyser soze
10-08-2011, 12:55 PM
gschwendt, have you heard anything back? I am sitting here watching the Texas OU game and I have the itch to PLAY my dynasty....

Jayrah
10-08-2011, 01:52 PM
gschwendt, have you heard anything back? I am sitting here watching the Texas OU game and I have the itch to PLAY my dynasty....

Because ou tex is a butt whopping

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

keyser soze
10-09-2011, 08:44 PM
I don't have specifics, but I can tell you that we are working non stop on this and we were able to address the transfer fail issue for many of the guys who were stuck in "Bowl Week" server side. Once I have more information from the team, I'll let you guys know.

Is the team still working "non stop" on this? Has been like 3 weeks since post, have they made a bit of progress?

keyser soze
10-10-2011, 01:14 PM
gschwendt, have you heard anything.... i was assured that I would have heard back from the tier 3 technician by now but low and behold... nothing. want my incident number for reference or anything. just let me know. being that their incident numbers have 12 digits in them is not very assuring. We only need 9 digits to track every american in the country but you need 12 to track the "incidents" that actually get called in... LOL

bdoughty
10-10-2011, 03:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyBZ6HdHF94

SmoothPancakes
10-10-2011, 03:58 PM
:D

keyser soze
10-10-2011, 04:12 PM
do you really view me asking for an update like that, or just trying to be funny? fact is that after football season the game is near worthless to me and we are nearing a quarter of a year post release. i don't think asking for a fix so I can play dynasty 90 days after release is being an unnecessary pest. do you?

- we as a community have been told that they are working around the clock on the solution 3 weeks ago
- i call EA and they never heard of TRANSFER FAILED before as a known problem
- my issue is escalated to tier 3 and I am told that I will likely hear back by friday of last week

morsdraconis
10-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Then stop playing the game. Simple as that. It's what I did. Trade it in for something else. You don't have to keep playing the game. No one is forcing you to.

bdoughty
10-10-2011, 04:29 PM
do you really view me asking for an update like that, or just trying to be funny?

A little from column A and column B. Do you think the constant pestering of gschwendt will get you a reply sooner? Dude will get you an answer when he gets an answer and you should be lucky someone is trying to help. Repeating the same whinny comments and little jabs is just tiring. We could make a drinking game around how many times you posted about "working around the clock" but we would all end up dead from alcohol poisoning. Patience is a virtue, try it.

steelerfan
10-10-2011, 04:50 PM
:D

I love this thread.

JBHuskers
10-10-2011, 04:53 PM
A little from column A and column B. Do you think the constant pestering of gschwendt will get you a reply sooner? Dude will get you an answer when he gets an answer and you should be lucky someone is trying to help. Repeating the same whinny comments and little jabs is just tiring. We could make a drinking game around how many times you posted about "working around the clock" but we would all end up dead from alcohol poisoning. Patience is a virtue, try it.

It could put The Brent Musberger Drinking Game to shame.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

gschwendt
10-10-2011, 05:14 PM
gschwendt, have you heard anything.... i was assured that I would have heard back from the tier 3 technician by now but low and behold... nothing. want my incident number for reference or anything. just let me know. being that their incident numbers have 12 digits in them is not very assuring. We only need 9 digits to track every american in the country but you need 12 to track the "incidents" that actually get called in... LOL
I was out all weekend and today my internet has been out... I don't do this for a living so you'll have to bear with me.

All that said, they asked me to confirm a couple of things... A) do you get the actual Transfer Failed message anytime you try to make any changes (depth chart, recruiting, player edits, formation subs, coach philosophy, etc.)? B) do you get the Transfer Failed message after you finish games?

Additionally, have you tested or experienced any issues besides the OD that you and your buddy are in together? I know you tried to create an OD but wasn't sure if there was any other experience as being just a member and not a commissioner.

keyser soze
10-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Then stop playing the game. Simple as that. It's what I did. Trade it in for something else. You don't have to keep playing the game. No one is forcing you to.

the whole point is that i CAN'T play the game. if I could play the game I would not post, I would play.

morsdraconis
10-10-2011, 06:31 PM
the whole point is that i CAN'T play the game. if I could play the game I would not post, I would play.

Right. Then just don't worry about it. Go play something else. It's what I did. NCAA 12 is unplayable to me because it's too damn easy against the CPU without making the CPU cheat. So I moved on to other things.

keyser soze
10-10-2011, 06:32 PM
A) do you get the actual Transfer Failed message anytime you try to make any changes (depth chart, recruiting, player edits, formation subs, coach philosophy, etc.)? B) do you get the Transfer Failed message after you finish games?
Additionally, have you tested or experienced any issues besides the OD that you and your buddy are in together? I know you tried to create an OD but wasn't sure if there was any other experience as being just a member and not a commissioner.
First off thanks for getting back.
A) I get TRANSFER FAILED any time I try to do ANYTHING that would cause my xbox to LOAD TO SERVER when logged onto MY ACCOUNT. If I am on my buddies account I have no problem.
B) Have no idea being that I can't get through anything that leads up to a game.

I have tested everything you have asked. Therefore we know I can't create a new OD. I can't get it to work as the commish and as not the commish. As soon as I get in the dynasty and make ANY CHANGE that needs to be loaded to the server to be saved, anything from cutting players, to getting them to stay to adding a recruit, etc.... instant TRANSFER FAILED.

gschwendt
10-10-2011, 06:38 PM
First off thanks for getting back.
A) I get TRANSFER FAILED any time I try to do ANYTHING that would cause my xbox to LOAD TO SERVER when logged onto MY ACCOUNT. If I am on my buddies account I have no problem.
B) Have no idea being that I can't get through anything that leads up to a game.

I have tested everything you have asked. Therefore we know I can't create a new OD. I can't get it to work as the commish and as not the commish. As soon as I get in the dynasty and make ANY CHANGE that needs to be loaded to the server to be saved, anything from cutting players, to getting them to stay to adding a recruit, etc.... instant TRANSFER FAILED.To be certain regarding games, do you know anyone that would allow you to either join an existing OD or create a test OD for you to just play a game and see if it will store the results. It was a question that was specifically asked so I'd like to give a definitive answer.

keyser soze
10-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Right. Then just don't worry about it. Go play something else. It's what I did. NCAA 12 is unplayable to me because it's too damn easy against the CPU without making the CPU cheat. So I moved on to other things.

if you read any of my other posts on the subject you will see where i state that this is the only game that i play. if not for ncaa i would not own an xbox.

keyser soze
10-10-2011, 06:41 PM
To be certain regarding games, do you know anyone that would allow you to either join an existing OD or create a test OD for you to just play a game and see if it will store the results. It was a question that was specifically asked so I'd like to give a definitive answer.

how can i do that when I can't save anything up at all to the servers? I can't get to that point.

gschwendt
10-10-2011, 06:44 PM
how can i do that when I can't save anything up at all to the servers? I can't get to that point.For sake of argument though, I'd like to rule it 100% out. I'd rather have definitive answers rather than assumptions. Try to join someone's OD and if it fails to let you join, then that obviously gives us more info that I can pass on.

keyser soze
10-10-2011, 06:45 PM
to be clear, if i try to MAKE A NEW OD, i get TRANSFER FAILED error immediately after PICKING my team.... Boom done, can't do anything but QUIT the dynasty after that. So I don't even make it to the pre-season. I can't actually get the server to remember my team that I select!

keyser soze
10-10-2011, 06:46 PM
For sake of argument though, I'd like to rule it 100% out. I'd rather have definitive answers rather than assumptions. Try to join someone's OD and if it fails to let you join, then that obviously gives us more info that I can pass on.
do i just get online and try to join a random OD? i have never done that before.

gschwendt
10-10-2011, 06:46 PM
to be clear, if i try to MAKE A NEW OD, i get TRANSFER FAILED error immediately after PICKING my team.... Boom done, can't do anything but QUIT the dynasty after that. So I don't even make it to the pre-season. I can't actually get the server to remember my team that I select!OK, but can you join an OD?

gschwendt
10-10-2011, 06:48 PM
do i just get online and try to join a random OD? i have never done that before.I'm not suggesting that but asking if you know of someone that either has an opening in their OD they're willing to let you join or know of someone that currently isn't a comissioner of an OD that could create one for you to join.

I'd do it myself but I don't have a 360.

keyser soze
10-10-2011, 06:51 PM
only if PIG BOMB can host one.... sec and i get back to you.

gschwendt
10-10-2011, 06:52 PM
only if PIG BOMB can host one.... sec and i get back to you.If not, I can see if cdj can create one and advance it to Week 1 just to test it.

keyser soze
10-10-2011, 06:58 PM
just joined some OPEN dynasty that is in the pre-season. as soon as I did anything to change the state of my team i get TRANSFER FAILED when it goes to load the changes to the server....

keyser soze
10-10-2011, 06:58 PM
sure, can i just simulate the game then if i can actually get in? sec, i call pig bomb first on the phone.

steelerfan
10-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Can't your friend just host, keyser?

Also, unless you have one of the commissioner packs, you wouldn't be able to host a new dynasty without deleting the first one.

keyser soze
10-10-2011, 07:00 PM
PIG is not answering, let me know if Chris or anyone else can create one.

keyser soze
10-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Can't your friend just host, keyser?

Also, unless you have one of the commissioner packs, you wouldn't be able to host a new dynasty without deleting the first one.

yes, my friend is the host and I can join his dynasty... .however i can't change the state of my team in any way. if i do ANYTHING that needs to be loaded to the server to be remembered, I get the ERROR and have to leave the dynasty.

gschwendt
10-10-2011, 07:01 PM
sure, can i just simulate the game then if i can actually get in? sec, i call pig bomb first on the phone.If you join one, go in like you're going to play the game, then you can use the Super Sim to sim to the end of the game.

For the random one that you did join, were you able to select a team, etc. and actually join (thus taking you to the preseason activities screen)?