PDA

View Full Version : MaddenMatrix: Walkthrough of NCAA Football 11 Dynasty at E3

gschwendt
06-26-2010, 11:07 AM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?224-MaddenMatrix-Walkthrough-of-NCAA-Football-11-Dynasty-at-E3

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/6894/psuvsala.jpg

MadScientist06 of MaddenMatrix.com (http://maddenmatrix.com/?page_id=364) managed to capture seven videos of him going through a dynasty at E3. In the first video, we see him setting up a dynasty as well as a glimpse at recruiting before finally starting a dynasty game. The other videos manage to show off the better part of a full game of Penn State vs FCS Southeast as well as a matchup of Penn State vs Alabama. Watch the first video after the break and follow the source link for the remaining videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw5tpnI0UvQ

Source (http://maddenmatrix.com/?page_id=364)

Jayrah
06-26-2010, 01:40 PM
So this is the first extended play video? Awesome!

Jayrah
06-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Ya'll are probably analyzing this right now. I watched them all, and certain plays over, but I can't tell you how much I hate the 'ask coach' feature. I didn't like MadScientist's play style, so I didn't get much out of it, accept there isn't an "illegal man downfield" penalty, as a defender got blocked into a wr catch in the second video. It all looks much better though. I saw a new defensive play or two as well, but everything went so fast. :D

He went right to 40 times to recruit by speed. And he set his depth chart by speed as well. I hope that doesn't work out very well for people this year. I hope the higher overall players play like it on multiple levels, and therefore will trump the speed only card. I bet MS was shocked when Bama came out and was working him with the run!

Deuce
06-26-2010, 03:58 PM
I wonder what level he was playing on? If its AA I'm a little scared of what's going to happen when my little 'academic' school goes up against a good team. The CPU run was pretty powerful and that was against a very good D (rating wise). I sure hope I have to sim to end a few times b/c I'm getting blown out. Would be like 2004 all over again. :)

AustinWolv
06-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Who else thinks it beautiful to watch the CPU bust a nicely-blocked running play?

Deuce
06-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Who else thinks it beautiful to watch the CPU bust a nicely-blocked running play?

Hell ya!!

JeffHCross
06-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Either Alabama's offense is incredible or his defense is just horrible. (And I don't mean ratings)

morsdraconis
06-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Either Alabama's offense is incredible or his defense is just horrible. (And I don't mean ratings)

Well, Alabama is basically rated 99 everything in the freakin' game so I'd say it's partly ratings.

Rudy
06-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Gameplay starts around 3 minutes in to part 5 and goes through the final video. I can't wait to be able to play on something longer than 2 minute quarters. It was fun to watch him play on offense. He tends to throw to the flats too often but the PSU playbook looks cool. Bama-PSU might be one of the first games I play when I get the game.

As for defense, it was very frustrating to watch him play, or not play, defense. His play calls were lazy and horrific. Not matching up personel is a cardinal sin in my book. He often had base formations early on against 3 or 4 WR sets and late in the game he ran a nickel or dime against a Bama offense that wants to run the clock out. Should I talk about his obsession to run as many Cover 3 blitzes as possible? I HATE running any sort of heavy blitz out of zone coverages. I'll send five men maximum when in zone coverage and I only blitz out of zones once in awhile. When I blitz I prefer to run man-to-man due to so many open areas in Zone blitzes, especially when you are running cover 3. He got burned constantly on it. I really question his defensive play calling.

JeffHCross
06-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Well, Alabama is basically rated 99 everything in the freakin' game so I'd say it's partly ratings.Partly. But I wrote that post after the Bama TE took the ball in the flats, covered up the ball, and then proceeded to lightly jog for a 20 yard (or so) gain, with most PSU players running straight past him.

Jayrah
06-26-2010, 07:06 PM
Yeah rudy I totally agree. That's why I didn't get much out of it. It seemed to me like he was trying to 'break' the blocking by throwing every angle and every user player he could at it. Happily, it didn't work, and in fact, got crushed.

I too wonder the difficulty. I would guess AA. That would be huge. The difference between an FCS and Top Team is CAVERNOUS. 93-0 (though some was super sim) to getting beat down pretty darn thoroughly as a #17, in just a matter of minutes. This is a spread we've been waiting for.

And the running by the cpu is GREATLY improved. It's one thing to hear about it, but seeing it on a play by play basis is even better. And it looks like taking int's back to the house will be a bigger challenge too.

JeffHCross
06-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Rhombic's take:

I guess it's better than last year in that players definitely seem to at least react if a receiver crosses their face, but it still seems to me like their initial drop movement is off. Watch the MLB that's in a hook zone at 4:10 of Video (3 of 7). He runs all the way to the other hashmark, while a receiver crosses his face and sits down right in the area that he should have been covering. The AI stupidly throws at this receiver anyways, but the zone itself doesn't look right to me.

Look at the play at the 5:36 mark of Video (5 of 7). The Weakside ILB drops all the way across the center, so there is now a HUGE gap between him and the CB, while there are three players standing relatively close to one another on the strong side of the formation. Again, the computer doesn't take advantage of it here, but if the weakside receiver runs some kind of skinny post/slant, it's wide open, as is a cross coming back to the weakside, because the ILB has so strongly over-committed himself to dropping to the middle that he won't be able to change directions and run with a receiver crossing his face going the other way.

Watch the MLB at 1:01 of Video (7 of 7). A (the slot receiver) is running a skinny post right over the middle of the field. He appears to be in a hook zone, but look where he goes to cover. Look at the massive hole in the coverage, and the defense is only rushing 3 people! Look at how open that receiver is against max cover, on nothing more than a simple post over the middle!

The dreaded 5 WR Four Verticals play at 1:44 of Video (7 of 7). Look how wide the fuck open A is. If the ball is thrown on time, he makes the play easily. Further, the fact that the CB (who isn't even responsible for covering that route) makes the play inherently means that the receiver running the streak on that side was open deep. If he had been running a fade route instead of a streak down the numbers, the one of them would have been open by 10 + yards. Explain to me what sound coverage scheme leaves a player that wide open on 3rd and 15, at the sticks, right over the middle. The defense didn't even blitz.

LOL at the play at 3:35 of Video (7 of 7). Watch the FS, who is supposed to be in a hook zone right in the area where the ball is eventually thrown. Watch him the entire play, don't watch anybody else. The user player (the SS, who is responsible for the deep third) is covering way out of his zone to try and stop this play, and it's still wide the fuck open because the rest of the defense is absolutely clueless.

There are about 3 receivers who are open within 3 seconds of the ball being snapped on the play at 4:20 if Video (7 of 7). A is open once he crosses the LB. X is open virtually at the snap of the ball. B is open shortly after that right down the middle of the field (where an MLB of some sort ought to be covering).

Another thing that seems off to me is the first play of the second gameplay video (three of seven). If you look, the offense is essentially running some kind of 4 verticals play, with the two wingbacks going down the seams. Now, it seems to me that the two linebackers in hook zones ought to carry their man deeper, since they don't have anything threatening their areas.

And looking at the PA TD from that same video, it still seems like the DBs in man to man coverage do not get deep quickly enough. They essentially wait for the WR to get right on top of them before turning around and sprinting back, which means that they will constantly get beat deep unless they have elite speed. If there was a way to tell the outside CBs (and the each of the CBs individually) to play off (give a bigger cushion), and to maintain a bigger gap between them and the WR (i.e. to play more conservatively against shorter routes), then I wouldn't have a huge problem with this, but since there's not, it's a problem. Average CBs shouldn't be able to play aggressive man to man defense, but at the very least, there ought to be a way for me to tell my average CBs to employ an "I'm an average CB so don't try to be a superstar" logic, while my elite players play more aggressively. I don't want a global setting that applies to everybody, because then if I do happen to have a lockdown CB who can afford to gamble more because he has make-up speed, then I want him to take advantage of it.

The QB containment at 5:22 of Video (6 of 7) is a complete joke. The defensive end is initially in perfect position to defend it and then gets suctioned/sealed back to the inside. Other players stop it, sure, but the point is that the defense does not contain the passer correctly. If the defense had been in a different playcall, the QB very easily could have ended up waltzing into the endzone.

Also, where exactly is this improved pass rush? On plays where the defense did not get a player in untouched on a blitz, the QB seems to have a ridiculous amount of time. Even the AI QB of FCS SE against Penn State.

But they fixed the AI! Bullshit.

CLW
06-27-2010, 07:58 AM
Rhombic's take:

Yeah it doesn't look like "greatly improved" is going to live up to the billing. To me, its almost to the point that I believe EA has intentionally decided to dumb down defense so that the casual gamers can put up Tecmo Bowl numbers with ease. Its really sad b/c this game is pretty close to being a very solid game. However, the total lack of any defensive AI is probably going to ruin this game unless you enjoy 40-50 point shoot outs where 1 mistake or the last one to have the ball wins.

morsdraconis
06-27-2010, 09:18 AM
Yeah it doesn't look like "greatly improved" is going to live up to the billing. To me, its almost to the point that I believe EA has intentionally decided to dumb down defense so that the casual gamers can put up Tecmo Bowl numbers with ease. Its really sad b/c this game is pretty close to being a very solid game. However, the total lack of any defensive AI is probably going to ruin this game unless you enjoy 40-50 point shoot outs where 1 mistake or the last one to have the ball wins.

But this isn't the final version of the game with all the tweaks (supposedly).

Plus we have no idea what difficulty he's playing on.

HawkFan
06-27-2010, 10:07 AM
I would hold off judgment a little bit, as people have said before supposedly this is not the final version of the game with the tweaks they have talked about. Plus as stated above we have absolutely no idea what level this person was playing on.

And I would also like to point out that in watching this the person playing seems obsessed with speed and getting to the edge all the time. Now this not the way I play and maybe it's no the way you play, I guess what I am trying to say is that we all play this game a little different than the next guy and while it may not look improved when he is playing, it may be greatly improved when we are playing it.

Just my two cents.

Rudy
06-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Patches and tuning sets should be able to help with some things. I'm offensively challenged so I don't see a major problem.

CLW
06-27-2010, 10:21 AM
But this isn't the final version of the game with all the tweaks (supposedly).

Plus we have no idea what difficulty he's playing on.

That may in fact be the case. However, if EA was really confident that they had in fact "greatly improved" the pass rush and DB coverage, I believe we would have seen gameplay footage comparing the pre "greatly improved" gameplay versus the final build.

I've just been burned too many times on next-gen by EA claiming things are fixed from the demo only to find out the same issues remain.

Kwizzy
06-27-2010, 10:31 AM
That may in fact be the case. However, if EA was really confident that they had in fact "greatly improved" the pass rush and DB coverage, I believe we would have seen gameplay footage comparing the pre "greatly improved" gameplay versus the final build.

I've just been burned too many times on next-gen by EA claiming things are fixed from the demo only to find out the same issues remain.

Agreed, until i see something concrete, I'm going to remain a bit skeptical here... Hopefully this "tuning" feature allows them to make some crucial adjustments. I have EXTREMELY high hopes for this game & just from playing the demo, I think it has the potential to live up to those hopes with some adjustments to the defense.

HawkFan
06-27-2010, 10:34 AM
I see no problem with being skeptical but some of those out there (none that I have seen at this site) see one video and they write the whole thing off. That in my mind is being a little to skeptical.

CLW
06-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Agreed, until i see something concrete, I'm going to remain a bit skeptical here... Hopefully this "tuning" feature allows them to make some crucial adjustments. I have EXTREMELY high hopes for this game & just from playing the demo, I think it has the potential to live up to those hopes with some adjustments to the defense.

Yeah, if they can "tune"/patch the pass rush to get more realistic time in the pocket and improve the DBs man and zone coverage to provide BALANCE between offense and defense - 11 would be the most realistic/best game in the series to date.

JeffHCross
06-27-2010, 11:18 AM
While I'd love to think that the E3 footage isn't the final build, every indication (from EA and attendees) has been otherwise. It's possible they still had some tweaks to test and put in between what they took to E3 and release, but it's unlikely. The game would have gone gold shortly after the show, so that doesn't give much time.

To me, the bigger factor is that we don't know what difficulty he was playing on (probably Varsity), and there were likely no slider tweaks. Obviously, that doesn't bode well for Random Online players, but ... well ... it at least keeps hope for the rest of us.

jaymo76
06-27-2010, 11:27 AM
I won't lie, I have fumbled a lot and threw a ton of ints in the demo. However, that being said, I really want to play with the sliders and see how well they work this year. I assume for the demo ints are at 50 and usually I turn them down to about 15-20 in the retail version(depending on the year). Until we can play with the sliders ourselves we won't have a great feel for the changes. Bring on June 13th. Man I am excited!!!

Deuce
06-27-2010, 12:03 PM
What I still see as a problem how they can emulate the progression, drop back, and reads a QB goes thru before he throws. While in zone, DB's are still back pedaling while the QB is dropping back and use their vision to move towards rec's in their zone. In the game, the QB doesn't have to drop back or go thru any progression since we can still see all rec's at once. Since we, the user, can throw to any receiver at any time it will always be unrealistic. I'm not around real football anymore but I'm pretty sure every QB depending on what play it is goes thru a 1 step, 3 step, 5 step, or 7 step drop. They are reading the D as they drop back but DB's don't have to worry about a throw until the QB gets set (for the most part). On the game a throw can be made at any time leaving the DB's at a huge disadvantage. It would be interesting if each pass play had a number of 'steps' in the drop back and the QB could not throw until he got set. To me, its not realistic, to call 'verticals' and throw off your back foot after dropping back 3 steps.

I know I'm not explaining this well but something about the DB AI being wrong doesn't sit well with me. I agree that tuning needs to be done but I also think there are other factors that make it difficult to program the DB AI. IMO, they've got to make pressure, drop backs, and progressions in the game more difficult/real to make passing more realistic.

HawkFan
06-27-2010, 12:11 PM
What I still see as a problem how they can emulate the progression, drop back, and reads a QB goes thru before he throws. While in zone, DB's are still back pedaling while the QB is dropping back and use their vision to move towards rec's in their zone. In the game, the QB doesn't have to drop back or go thru any progression since we can still see all rec's at once. Since we, the user, can throw to any receiver at any time it will always be unrealistic. I'm not around real football anymore but I'm pretty sure every QB depending on what play it is goes thru a 1 step, 3 step, 5 step, or 7 step drop. They are reading the D as they drop back but DB's don't have to worry about a throw until the QB gets set (for the most part). On the game a throw can be made at any time leaving the DB's at a huge disadvantage. It would be interesting if each pass play had a number of 'steps' in the drop back and the QB could not throw until he got set. To me, its not realistic, to call 'verticals' and throw off your back foot after dropping back 3 steps.

I know I'm not explaining this well but something about the DB AI being wrong doesn't sit well with me. I agree that tuning needs to be done but I also think there are other factors that make it difficult to program the DB AI. IMO, they've got to make pressure, drop backs, and progressions in the game more difficult/real to make passing more realistic.

What he said, if you watch the first play from scrimmage of the PSU/Bama the cpu has a wide open wr on a fly pattern and only a poorly thrown ball by the qb keeps it from being a 75+ yard touchdown.

cdj
06-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Great post, Deuce. I'd also add that how do we differentiate between 'bad DB' programming and just a player messing up? Or do we expect the players in a video game to play perfect, but only ratings (and which ones) and human stick skills to establish a difference? Seems like a tough call.

Deuce
06-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Great post, Deuce. I'd also add that how do we differentiate between 'bad DB' programming and just a player messing up? Or do we expect the players in a video game to play perfect, but only ratings (and which ones) and human stick skills to establish a difference? Seems like a tough call.

Exactly, and I really don't think there is a 'right' answer. It really is a tough call.

Its funny, b/c I never used the vision cone and obviously a lot of other people didn't either but maybe that was a good idea?? That's another disadvantage for the DB's...they can't read the QB's eyes.

JeffHCross
06-27-2010, 12:57 PM
cdj, I've not seen any evidence that the CPU players do "mess up". It seems like the CPU's reaction to certain plays is consistent throughout the game. While they have added 'mistakes', like players slipping, there don't seem to be mental errors, at least in the passing game.

I don't want them to play perfectly, but I'd rather they play perfectly than consistently unimpressive. (Not to say NCAA 11 will be unimpressive since we don't have our hands on it yet. I just know which of the two I'd prefer).

I still miss NCAA 2004. While it wasn't difficult to pass on that game, I felt like 9 out of 10 times, the DBs were in the right spot. If you combine that with the ability to react to the throw that we have now, I think we'd have the best AI yet.

morsdraconis
06-27-2010, 01:05 PM
Has it been confirmed that this build at E3 is the final build by EA?

HawkFan
06-27-2010, 01:47 PM
Has it been confirmed that this build at E3 is the final build by EA?

That my friend is the million dollar question that no one seems to have a concrete answer to.

AustinWolv
06-27-2010, 01:54 PM

It would be nice to see this built in as part of the awareness rating. An All-American CB (let's say 90+ AWR) simply won't make mistakes.....or perhaps only has a 5% chance of making a mistake. A freshman (let's say 65 AWR.....would have to see what the game puts recruits at) would have a 20% chance on any given play. And then scale the other players' AWR ratings in between those chances.
Since one doesn't know how many total plays will be run during the game, the programming basically rolls the dice on every play to see if that player does what his assignment is or messes up.....a blown coverage or just a step slow on a break.......and a better player with better awareness has less of a chance of messing up on that play.

Just thoughts.

Jayrah
06-27-2010, 04:16 PM
I like the discussion fellas. This is $$$ stuff. Personal take, what I would like to see improved first are the defensive fundamentals. So this year they worked a ton on wr and offensive fundamentals (blocking ai, player cutting/running/sprinting/moving). I think there is a fundamental problem right now with defensive fundamentals that would take this game to an even higher level for next year. Hawk mentioned the PSU/Bama 1st play overthrow. Watch the DB, he doesn't turn his hips, chop his feet, slide step into the wr, any of that. He simply backpedals for X amount of steps, stops, and waits on the wr to make his next move. Then he flips and ratings kick in, which means while the wr's ratings are at max, the cb's just getting started, so he gets ultra toasted on the go. I've seen that problem throughout the builds, and I'm sure it's a problem in the final to at least some extent.

So the wishlist for gameplay next year, for me, is to specifically work on the defensive side of the ball now. I know that doesn't sell as well, but there needs to be a defensive upgrade to the system. The additions on offense will no doubt be a goal as well (wr awareness from madden, even more specified player types, specified qb additions from deuce's post, would be my strictly gameplay hopes there), but the defensive backfield in particular could be upgraded to make offense an even better experience. The pass rush everyone has a differing opinion on, but the db's and lb's do not react properly. And not only due to ai, but to movement. DB's need to move fluidly, between planting, chopping, rolling/flipping hips to run, and then again to stop and drive on a ball or wr, slide stepping and breaking down to make a play, it would make a world of difference from a visual and gameplay perspective.

Now you could run a db off for a comeback route, and anticipate based on the hips and speed of the db, or you would know he is cheating the route by continuing to backpedal and read. That type of stuff would make the game more enjoyable imo. And with locomotion, it will take more mocapping and such, but is totally doable. That's what I'd like to see anyway

Rudy
06-27-2010, 05:36 PM
I thought they said the E3 build was pretty much the final build or days away from the gold copy.

JeffHCross
06-27-2010, 06:05 PM
I thought they said the E3 build was pretty much the final build or days away from the gold copy.A lot of people have said that, often based on conversations with Russ and Ben. But, based on my experience, a lot can happen in the final days. E3 was definitely around the same time as when NCAA would have gone gold. So while it's possible some of the Demo to Retail fixes weren't in the E3 copy, that's unlikely to me.

Jayrah
06-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah I think that was basically the final copy. But yet again, what was the difficulty setting? ya know? Could be a lot of 'missed' assignments based on difficulty. 2 1/2 weeks and we'll know for sure :D

BlindRedBaron
06-27-2010, 11:38 PM
Yeah I think that was basically the final copy. But yet again, what was the difficulty setting? ya know? Could be a lot of 'missed' assignments based on difficulty. 2 1/2 weeks and we'll know for sure :D

I definitely think that was on "Varsity" difficulty. First, if you look at some of his run plays in the second video and compare those to types you'd run in the demo, there's NO WAY you'd get that kind of yardage on All-American, let alone Heisman. Not to mention, if you recall, Varsity is the default, and the way he was playing, he didn't seem like the player to change the difficulty and make him self look worse on the video or in front of the devs.

Just some food for thought... Not to say it'll be perfect, but I think difficulty level will play a big difference in whether the fixes are easily apparent in a video.

irishfbfan1
06-27-2010, 11:49 PM
I think level of play, varsity, all american, heisman makes a very big difference in many of the questions that we have pertaining to the video. How one guy plays against another has tremendous bearing. Whether or not those things we have been wondering about were fixed before or after this game is also a huge question. I do see improvements, and we all know the game will not be perfect, but I think this game will rock. Just the feel of the game is much smoother.

And what about all the nice additions that we seem to often forget because of all the negative that fly's around. What about those things, we seem to forget about them. I am not saying the game is perfect, it never will be, and it never will be no matter who makes the game. To many variables that cannot be mesured by the computer. I do know one thing, in the past with this series we had just a football game. With NCAA 1,
WE HAVE A COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAME, and for that I am grateful!

steelerfan
06-28-2010, 12:20 AM
Honestly, I haven't closely watched these videos. In fact I think I only watched parts of 2 of them.

But, the main question I'll be wanting to answer is whether or not it is only the CPU defense that is bad. If the answer is "yes", it is likely a result of skill level. If the answer is "no", it's bad AI. Playing on Varsity should make the HUM defense make fewer mistakes, not more. I'll see what I can tell from the vids. Is the CPU defense worse than the HUM? I think that will tell us if it's a low skill level or if it's gonna be ugly on all skill levels.

Jayrah
06-28-2010, 02:18 AM
I do know one thing, in the past with this series we had just a football game. With NCAA 1,

Good point, this has been tailor-made for the college fan. I love it!

cdj
06-28-2010, 02:23 AM
Yeah I think that was basically the final copy.

Some may depend on if there is a patch (or patches) in the works. Was it Madden (or NCAA) that had release day patches the last few years? It's probably close to the final version, but things can change somewhat in the final few builds/updates. Hopefully when the media start posting their vids we'll get a better feel as well as any word from EA on what they may do down the line, if there is a patch or something along those lines.

rhombic21
06-28-2010, 04:39 AM
So what was that list of fixes from the demo to retail all about? Based on what I see in the video, none of the issues that I pointed out with the demo have been addressed.

JBHuskers
06-28-2010, 08:45 AM
I think level of play, varsity, all american, heisman makes a very big difference in many of the questions that we have pertaining to the video. How one guy plays against another has tremendous bearing. Whether or not those things we have been wondering about were fixed before or after this game is also a huge question. I do see improvements, and we all know the game will not be perfect, but I think this game will rock. Just the feel of the game is much smoother.

And what about all the nice additions that we seem to often forget because of all the negative that fly's around. What about those things, we seem to forget about them. I am not saying the game is perfect, it never will be, and it never will be no matter who makes the game. To many variables that cannot be mesured by the computer. I do know one thing, in the past with this series we had just a football game. With NCAA 11,

Yep fully agree.

CLW
06-28-2010, 09:01 AM
I'm somewhat surprised by the total lack of any decent length videos of the final build by EA. Many people obviously have serious issues with some parts of the game (pass coverage; pass rush; onside kicks; etc...) Hopefully, we will see some final build videos soon.

psusnoop
06-28-2010, 10:44 AM
I'd imagine by weeks end we should see a few vids pop up which will give us a better idea of what we are in store for.

All kidding aside, I'm pumped to get this game and it is something that I'm very much looking forward to.

JeffHCross
06-28-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm somewhat surprised by the total lack of any decent length videos of the final build by EA. Many people obviously have serious issues with some parts of the game (pass coverage; pass rush; onside kicks; etc...) Hopefully, we will see some final build videos soon.EA rarely, if ever, produces final build videos. Those are predominately left for the media sites, like GameTrailers, IGN, etc. Almost all the gameplay videos over the years have come from IGN, not EA. I would expect that trend to continue.

JBHuskers
06-28-2010, 11:31 PM
And by next Friday at the latest you'll have vids from us.

skipwondah33
06-29-2010, 08:51 AM
And by next Friday at the latest you'll have vids from us.

which is horse manure....but its cool :)

Tell your good buddies at EA to post up a latest news video on Tiger so I can get the trophy lol

JBHuskers
06-29-2010, 09:56 AM
which is horse manure....but its cool :)

Tell your good buddies at EA to post up a latest news video on Tiger so I can get the trophy lol

Nah I like being one of the only ones in the world with that Platinum Trophy hahah

skipwondah33
06-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Almost certain you are lucky bastard haha. Doesn't matter getting into a 12 vs 12 match is nearly on the same level as impossible it seems. Hell not like that many people plays Tiger anyway.

Which reminds me Im posting something in that thread

CLW
06-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Question: If we know about all the features in 11 why is there still an embargo in place?

spiker
06-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Question: If we know about all the features in 11 why is there still an embargo in place?

I'm not sure exactly but if I had to bet:

1. To control the flow of information about their product
2. So it doesn't seem like EA is playing favorites to one media website/magazine/etc.

The second one may not seem like a big deal, but that's how the media makes their money. If one website has exclusive content that another website didn't or couldn't, they would have a competitive advantage and that is worth something. Controlling when the info can be disciminated through a 3rd party puts everyone on even ground.

steelerfan
06-29-2010, 02:25 PM
If one website has exclusive content that another website didn't or couldn't, they would have a competitive advantage and that is worth something. Controlling when the info can be disciminated through a 3rd party puts everyone on even ground.

Very true. The only differene is that not every community site is getting an early copy (or 3) so on 7/9 those sites will be left reporting what is posted on sites like this one anyway. And even if someone at such a site gets the game a few days early, they won't have the advantage of 11 days to prepare videos etc.

No question, TGT will be the place to be on 7/9!

spiker
06-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Well, yeah. You have to be focused to this community to get a copy this early. It's the reward for being "All-in" on the NCAA series. The fringe fansites and mega-review publications will get their copy soon enough.

AustinWolv
06-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Funny how that works, go figure that MP now got early copies this year despite excuses in past years.

JBHuskers
06-29-2010, 07:28 PM
In a way the embargo is good because that gives us a week and a half to organize everything that we want to put out when we can say something, instead of random here and theres.

steelerfan
06-29-2010, 08:05 PM
In a way the embargo is good

I think you made this embargo BS up so you can enjoy the game for 11 days without having to answer a damn thing! :rolleyes::p

I know I would.;)

JBHuskers
06-29-2010, 08:46 PM
I think you made this embargo BS up so you can enjoy the game for 11 days without having to answer a damn thing! :rolleyes::p

I know I would.;)

You caught the Tater.

JeffHCross
06-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Deleted.

Jayrah
06-29-2010, 11:51 PM
You caught the Tater.

With Cheese! haha, Tater Taunt

Rudy
06-30-2010, 04:40 AM
In a way the embargo is good because that gives us a week and a half to organize everything that we want to put out when we can say something, instead of random here and theres.

Nothing like reading impressions from guys like, "I've played one quarter and I think it's awesome!" or "I've played my first half and I threw two picks. I think the game is broken and needs a patch." It usually takes at least a few games to get a feel for the changes. One game impressions are usually poor.

steelerfan
06-30-2010, 12:47 PM
Nothing like reading impressions from guys like, "I've played one quarter and I think it's awesome!" or "I've played my first half and I threw two picks. I think the game is broken and needs a patch." It usually takes at least a few games to get a feel for the changes. One game impressions are usually poor.

This is true.

My favorite is, "I don't have a next-gen system and haven't played NCAA in years, but I KNOW this is the worst game ever cause EA made it!!!1!!"

:D:D:D:rolleyes:

JBHuskers
06-30-2010, 01:36 PM
This is true.

My favorite is, "I don't have a next-gen system and haven't played NCAA in years, but I KNOW this is the worst game ever cause EA made it!!!1!!"

:D:D:D:rolleyes:

Hmmm .... where did that come from :sarcasm:

oweb26
06-30-2010, 03:29 PM
The same place its still going on in very serious debate at..:rolleyes:

JBHuskers
06-30-2010, 03:59 PM
The same place its still going on in very serious debate at..:rolleyes:

:D :D :D

morsdraconis
06-30-2010, 08:39 PM

It really is the saddest thing I've ever read... They hate EA so much it's ruining the site...

oweb26
07-01-2010, 02:55 AM

It really is the saddest thing I've ever read... They hate EA so much it's ruining the site...

I don't think they really understand that its ruining the site, I really do understand if you don't think its the greatest game or you even hate the game but damn if you have one thing postitive to say you have three or four ADMINS!!, who will shot you down and they expect you to not say anything back DIRECTLY to them or they consider it a personnel attack, granted they have never done that too me, but its like I pointed out to JB I have been a member there for 5 years and I have yet to get to 1000 post or I just got it, because I have never saw the point of posting too much.

Most of them over analyze the game IMO, but how are you going to have a site which was founded on the game, suppose to still be about the game and most of the people there don't like the game? You can say the site is more than the game now but then you are kidding yourself some people only post about the game and others don't even post in the game section anymore because it's like the wild west or something. Thats like having a site on french food and most of the people their dont like it.

They have been trying to send people over to this site, mostly the ones that have something positive to saw about the game and they don't want to hear it, or the people they are banning, I personally think its very childish and I don't really even read post over there anymore. I had already started defecting to another site but they didn't focus on football just video games in general and then I was reminded about this site.

I guess my biggest point if you don't like it or want to like it then don't buy it or even talk about it, I can handle constructive criticism, I cant handle criticism just to criticize something for no good reason because you think you have been jaded for the past couple of years and you haven't even bought the game since 2004.

Also the site looks alot like this one now so I don't even know which one I'm clicking on. LOL

I FINALLY GOT A DOUBLE QUOTE GOING ON!!!

cdj
07-01-2010, 08:06 AM
We can only worry about what goes on here, so let's drop the discussion of other sites. We're 12 days away from the release, let's focus on the great vids MadSci took at E3 and other related news.