PDA

View Full Version : Netflix (oops Qwikster) is going to start offering Video games

bdoughty
09-19-2011, 12:37 AM
http://qwikster.com/soon1.jpg

http://blog.netflix.com/

Netflix to branch off and separate Streaming and DVD rentals
Netfilx = streaming only

Qwikster = DVD rental - Video games will be offered at a permium similar to Blue Ray movies.

Want both streaming and rentals you pay for two accounts.

Now watch creepy video. So sorry... We are so sorry... Did we mention we are sorry....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Tn8n5CIPk

cdj
09-19-2011, 07:38 AM
I hope Qwikster has a games only plan that isn't too expensive. The video mentions getting games for a fee on top of the Qwikster account. :blush:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PuZoLkvmBbc/Sd4-AbOhjJI/AAAAAAAADSc/H_xPstdHAAs/s320/Quik+Bunny.jpg

JBHuskers
09-19-2011, 09:33 AM
So when I said Netflix's price change was to get out of the DVD market completely, does this count?

AustinWolv
09-19-2011, 10:33 AM
I didn't watch the video yet.........does that mean that their streaming library will be highly expanded and not suck?

oweb26
09-19-2011, 10:54 AM
LOL, I don't think the streaming library is that bad, you should see Amazon Prime. I doubt it gets expanded because through these contract negotiations with STARZ we are starting to see that the content holders are setting the price for everything. The streaming is awesome if you like foreign films or even indie movies.

AustinWolv
09-19-2011, 12:29 PM
The streaming is awesome if you like foreign films or even indie movies.
Yeah, my point..........fail.

SmoothPancakes
09-19-2011, 01:04 PM
I didn't watch the video yet.........does that mean that their streaming library will be highly expanded and not suck?

My thoughts as well. It seems like at least 1 out of every 4 or 5 movies, maybe even less, that I want to watch aren't available for instant streaming.

AustinWolv
09-19-2011, 01:49 PM
My thoughts as well. It seems like at least 1 out of every 4 or 5 movies, maybe even less, that I want to watch aren't available for instant streaming.
Some of the TV series as well. :(

SmoothPancakes
09-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Some of the TV series as well. :(

Ah, yeah, I completely forgot about TV series. Yeah, there are also some good TV series (both old and newer) that I would like to watch that they don't have. Hopefully this spin-off means they are going to be seriously updating their instant streaming offerings and it will become good selections. So many TV shows and movies I never get a chance to watch because they never have it available on instant streaming.

morsdraconis
09-19-2011, 08:30 PM
The streaming is awesome if you like foreign films or even indie movies.

Not true at all now. They've SIGNIFICANTLY increased their streaming size compared to what it used to be and it's GREAT for animated movies (Anime or Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks/etc), television shows, and comedy skits.

morsdraconis
09-19-2011, 08:34 PM
They just don't have all the new movies that are coming out on DVD. If they did, no one would use their DVD service at all.

They also don't show everything that they have available to people that don't have the service on the website. They have quite a few good movies available (Iron Man 2 and such).

Something people aren't understanding is the amount of red tape that they have to go through to get the rights to stream a movie from a company through their service. There is so much bullshit red tape that they have to go through to get those rights, it's ridiculous.

Nothingface
09-20-2011, 01:25 AM
Is there an autoplay feature for netflix on the 360? Its driving me crazy.

DariusLock
09-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Laptop + HDMI Out + HD TV + 1channel.ch or w/e = Easy

AustinWolv
09-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Not true at all now. They've SIGNIFICANTLY increased their streaming size compared to what it used to be and it's GREAT for animated movies (Anime or Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks/etc), television shows, and comedy skits.
We'll see. It isn't great for new movies.
And my wife did some online digging last night and told me that Disney and Sony agreements with Netflix run out in February.