PDA

View Full Version : Two good things about custom playbooks after patch #2

Unconquered
09-10-2011, 07:23 AM
1) Formations that were previously "hidden" within other formations are now accessible in custom playbooks. For example: Ace Big Close, Ace Emory Henry, Ace Normal HB Strong, Ace Bunch Spread, etc.

2) After a bit of testing, it seems it's now possible to organize your playbook in the order you select your formations. For example:

I selected UTEP's playbook as my base and removed every formation. I could not remove Ace Big, Ace Y-Trips, Ace Twin TE or Ace Trey Open -- those are locked. I then added (in order) Ace 4WR Trips, Ace Normal HB Strong, Ace Bunch, Ace F Pair Twins, Ace Slot, Ace Big Close and Ace Wing Trio, saving my playbook after adding each formation -- although I don't think that's a necessary step. They're now organized in the order in which they were selected (after the locked formations):

Ace Big (locked)
Ace Y-Trips (locked)
Ace Twin TE (locked)
Ace Trey Open (locked)
Ace 4WR Trips
Ace Normal HB Strong
Ace Bunch
Ace F Pair Twins
Ace Slot
Ace Big Close
Ace Wing Trio

... So that's an improvement, and is certainly better than having the formations vomited into your playbook at random. Now you can organize (most of) your playbook alphabetically, or heavy to light, or whatever.

Everything else, though, including locked plays/formations, duplicate formations (Shotgun 5WR Tiger/Shotgun 5WR Flex Trey) and the disappearance of Wildcat and Wildcat Spread, is FUBAR.

baseballplyrmvp
09-11-2011, 01:35 PM
if you go to the special teams tab of your playbook, it now has every different situation listed.....like punt return block, field goal return, etc. kinda nice.