PDA

View Full Version : (Xbox 360) Official The Gaming Tailgate Dynasty League

morsdraconis
06-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Description

The Official The Gaming Tailgate Dynasty League is a collection of some of the most active members on TGT who like to play simulation football, treat people with respect, and not be cheesy buttholes.

Name: The Gaming Tailgate Dynasty (TGTD for short)
System: Xbox 360
Conferences: Big East, Big Ten, ACC, and SEC
Advance Schedule: Every 72 hours or ASAP

Roster

Username | Conference | Team
MorsDraconis | Big East | West Virginia
Jayrah | Big East | South Florida
Hawkfan | Big East | Syracuse
BigBlue | Big Ten | Michigan
AustinWolv | Big Ten | Indiana
Anton | Big Ten | Penn State
JBHuskers | ACC | Miami
CDJ | ACC | Virginia Tech
Solidice | ACC | Maryland
Romo | SEC | Alabama
lilheavy | SEC | LSU
DrManateePhD | SEC | Kentucky

Waiting List
Username | GamertagSliders and Gameplay Settings

Difficulty: All-American
Quarter Length: 8 Minutes
Ice the Kicker: Yes
Auto-Sprint: No (though I think you can set it how you like, though not for sure)
Recruiting Difficulty: All-American

Sliders

OFFENSE | HUM | CPU
QB ACCURACY | 40 | 50
PASS BLOCK | 50 | 40
WR CATCH | 55 | 55
RB ABILITY | 50 | 55
RUN BLOCK | 50 | 75
DEFENSE | HUM | CPU
PASS COVERAGE | 35 | 45
PASS RUSH | 70 | 50
INTERCEPTIONS | 40 | 40
RUSH DEFENSE | 35 | 70
TACKLING | 50 | 50
SPECIAL TEAMS | HUM | CPU
FG LENGTH | 5 | 20
FG ACCURACY | 15 | 50
PUNT LENGTH | 50 | 55
PUNT ACCURACY | 40 | 50
KO LENGTH | 35 | 50

Gameplay Rules

Mainly, just don't be a cheesy bum and we'll get along fine.

There are only three rules that I'm going to put down:

DO NOT RESTART YOUR DAMN CPU GAMES! - I want a VERY good reason for them to be restarted otherwise I'm going to throw those results out and sim them until you lose AND I AM NOT FUCKING PLAYING AROUND ON THIS ONE
Do not go for it on 4th down unless it's the 4th quarter and you are losing or if it's 3 or less yards to go on your opponent's side of the 50 yards and outside of reasonable FG range. - Don't be an ass and go for it on 4th and goal with inches to go - Be a man and kick the damn FG people unless you are losing by more than 3 points - There are such things as goalline stands in college football - Also, you better not be freakin' going for it on 4th down and you are freakin' winning the game
ANY and ALL disputes with a player requires EVIDENCE of the dispute and needs to be PM'd to me, not dragged out for all to see on the forums - Be men gentlemen, not children - we are all here to enjoy a great game of football and don't wait to have to put up with childish bullshit.

Other then that, there are no OFFICIAL rules, but we EXPECT all members to play SIM football. If you have a question whether or not something is sim, most likely, it isn't so just play football like a normal person and not a cheeser and we'll all be happy campers. PLEASE don't make me not a happy camper. Thanks for reading this and good luck in your future endeavors.

Flav
06-23-2010, 10:34 PM
I think what will make this dynasty really fun is if everyone has a mic so they can talk during the game :)

JeffHCross
06-23-2010, 11:01 PM
Oh indecision. Do I root against Michigan, or root against Austin? I'm so accustomed to them being one and the same ...

EDIT: I think the Scholarship Limitation is a little overboard. An entire week or recruiting penalized per player? Also, no maneuvering room due to cuts?

morsdraconis
06-23-2010, 11:13 PM
Oh indecision. Do I root against Michigan, or root against Austin? I'm so accustomed to them being one and the same ...

EDIT: I think the Scholarship Limitation is a little overboard. An entire week or recruiting penalized per player? Also, no maneuvering room due to cuts?

There shouldn't be any cuts. You recruit up to your roster limit and that's it. No recruiting over 70 and then cutting players on the team. You picked the team, you're stuck with the roster that they have, just like everyone else.

iBrandon
06-23-2010, 11:38 PM
Scholarship limitation seems like a lot of unecsary work.

JeffHCross
06-23-2010, 11:54 PM
you're stuck with the roster that they have, just like everyone else.Except the CPU ...

I feel like an understanding of the CPU's recruiting ability may be in order before continuing ahead with the Scholarship Limitation.

Jayrah
06-24-2010, 02:35 AM
Except the CPU ...

I feel like an understanding of the CPU's recruiting ability may be in order before continuing ahead with the Scholarship Limitation.

Well, yes and no.

Yes in that: the cpu recruiting better/more aggressively could actually put the user in a hole this year on a season by season basis with this limitation. I mean if it's just a blessing to have landed a 4 or 5* player it could be self assassination. However if the cpu evenly distributes players amongst it's teams based on prestige and aggressiveness, it will be a mute point.

No in that: I am inclined to think that this puts a lot more strategy into recruiting the players you know you'll get/want. Thinking back to the ncaa basketball series' (both 2k and ea), I think it really works well to limit them. It is a great way to keep teams together for multiple seasons so that you can't just go in and cut away the dead weight and become a super team after season X. Gotta be stealth in the building of your team so as not to end up with junk players after multiple seasons. This should be easier to accomplish this season with the recruiting addition/upgrade of *Potential*, yet won't be so easy (due to recruiting slider) so as to blow the cpu away year in and out.

***I DO personally feel like if you have 95+ rated JR's or Soph's on your team, you should be allowed equal additional offers, because the chance of them 'going pro' is high, and you can't sway them back according to our rules of conduct.

Example: you have 68 total players on your roster, 17 seniors on your team and 2 95+ rated JR's/SOPH's (that could potentially leave for the draft). The total number of scholarships you can have active at one time would be:

(70 - 68 available) + 17 seniors + 2 potentials = 21 ***

2 things that I need cleared up on this point as is: (1) This just means Scholarships offered right? It's not active recruiting, just a limitation on scholly's offered? (2) This also means that recruiting assistance option is off, yes? It's all up to the owner for his team?

Jayrah
06-24-2010, 02:48 AM
BTW Great thread Mors, really clean

morsdraconis
06-24-2010, 07:34 AM
Scholarship limitation seems like a lot of unecsary work.

There isn't any unnecessary work. It's simple. You can recruit, that season, as many freshman as you have seniors leaving. Incredibly simple since it tells you how many are leaving on your needs breakdown in the recruiting section of the game.

Except the CPU ...

It has absolutely nothing to do with the CPU recruiting ability. It has everything to do with keeping the CPU competitive by making sure users don't recruit every 5* player available leaving the CPU none to go after. The ability of the CPU recruiting is completely based on the recruiting slider. If, by some miracle, they actually recruit competently on All-American, then great, but I highly doubt they will and I highly doubt that Heisman isn't the CPU cheating it's ass off. We shall see though.

***I DO personally feel like if you have 95+ rated JR's or Soph's on your team, you should be allowed equal additional offers, because the chance of them 'going pro' is high, and you can't sway them back according to our rules of conduct.

Example: you have 68 total players on your roster, 17 seniors on your team and 2 95+ rated JR's/SOPH's (that could potentially leave for the draft). The total number of scholarships you can have active at one time would be:

(70 - 68 available) + 17 seniors + 2 potentials = 21 ***

2 things that I need cleared up on this point as is: (1) This just means Scholarships offered right? It's not active recruiting, just a limitation on scholly's offered? (2) This also means that recruiting assistance option is off, yes? It's all up to the owner for his team?

Well, there is going to be some testing involved in that very situation actually. Like last year's debacle of players rating skyrocketing in seasons 2-4, I'd like to make sure whether or not that happens again. If it does, then the 95 above or 90 above + award rule will stand to prevent massive amounts of players that any other time would leave for the NFL staying instead. If it doesn't then that rule might not even be applicable anymore, especially with the spread out ratings that they have. It'll be interesting to see what happens with that over the course of several seasons. If the rule does stand, there will be a +1 added to it to take into account guys leaving early with our teams.

Jayrah
06-25-2010, 02:37 AM
I like that! How would we test it? Simming through several seasons?

oweb26
06-25-2010, 09:08 AM
Wow talk about limitations! I'm just curious in the dynasty I do we have some similar rules, but why can't you persuade guys? Isn't the entire point to keep good players for one more year or however long it is?? Also I know in my dynasty we will FREQUENTLY cut guys in the offseason because they just aren't doing it on the field, so am I in theory stuck with them in this dynasty and I can't recruit his position? I do understand not getting people to just go after all the five stars but I guess in my dynasty its not that big of an issue because everyone likes finding sleepers.

Again I'm just asking because I like to see how others are doing their dynasties.

morsdraconis
06-25-2010, 10:22 AM
I like that! How would we test it? Simming through several seasons?

Yup. That's how it was found out that the players on the default roster skyrocketed to way too many 99 overall players by year 3 and 4.

One of the things I plan to do is before we even start the dynasty (which I'd like to wait and not do until we get named rosters) is sim through seasons to check out various things all at the same time (CPU recruiting strength at various levels, testing out various CPU levels of difficulty/sliders, CPU recruiting logic by position, etc). All the while, I'm looking at the rosters and seeing how guys are progressing. Making sure that we don't once again have inflated ridiculous numbers from big schools.

If they fixed that, then we may not even need the sway rule. If only the elite are hitting the 95+ overall mark, then there won't be a need for the rule because they'll most likely be Seniors already anyway. I hope so, but I doubt it.

Wow talk about limitations! I'm just curious in the dynasty I do we have some similar rules, but why can't you persuade guys? Isn't the entire point to keep good players for one more year or however long it is?? Also I know in my dynasty we will FREQUENTLY cut guys in the offseason because they just aren't doing it on the field, so am I in theory stuck with them in this dynasty and I can't recruit his position? I do understand not getting people to just go after all the five stars but I guess in my dynasty its not that big of an issue because everyone likes finding sleepers.

Again I'm just asking because I like to see how others are doing their dynasties.

The reason for not persuading guys is realism. It's not very often that someone that would perform at the level that a 95+ overall player would perform at in this game (or a 90+ overall player that performed well enough to win one of the awards) would stay another season. Guys like Casey Keenum are an exception to the rule and the game does that as well with guys deciding not to commit to the Pros. Also, it levels the playing field with the CPU since it seems like they never persuade guys to come back once they have an awesome season and commit to the draft.

As for cutting players, again, it's to level the playing field with the CPU. The CPU isn't smart enough to cut players that suck. They stick with whatever they recruit on their roster and I think human players should be the same way. Nothing says you HAVE to recruit up to your limit. If there isn't a player out there good enough for your liking at that position, then you don't recruit anyone there and wait until next season. That's what planning ahead is for and recruiting depth. It's highly unlikely that you'll ever not be able to go after 10 or 12 guys which, really, is all a big problem like Notre Dame or USC does most of the time anyway.

But it's more about keeping the playing field level in recruiting to prevent people from constantly going after 25+ guys and gobbling up ALL the good recruits. Hell, even without cutting players, we're still going to be getting 120-200 recruits a year and it's almost always going to be the best of the best. Unless there are some DRASTIC changes in how the CPU recruits (like, recruiting well enough where good 5* players aren't just lingering along, being halfheartedly recruited by the CPU where you can just swoop in and steal them away because you pay more attention to them and such) these rules have to be in place to give the CPU a fighting chance.

Now, that's not to say that if the recruiting truly is more competitive from the CPU and they actually recruit to their system, go hard after positions of need, and don't seem to just sit there waiting for you to take all their recruits then we may not need these rules after all, but that remains to be seen.

JBHuskers
06-25-2010, 12:35 PM
There isn't any unnecessary work. It's simple. You can recruit, that season, as many freshman as you have seniors leaving. Incredibly simple since it tells you how many are leaving on your needs breakdown in the recruiting section of the game.

Well there is the problem that we don't know how many underclassmen are leaving.

lilheavy
06-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Well there is the problem that we don't know how many underclassmen are leaving.

I assume we will be able to add more recruits in the offseason. So say if 5 underclassmen leave then we should be able to add 5 more recruits to the board.......?

JBHuskers
06-25-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm just not a fan of limitations at all, I would rather just play and not have to worry about what I'm doing.

Flav
06-25-2010, 12:49 PM
I'm just not a fan of limitations at all, I would rather just play and not have to worry about what I'm doing.

+1.

JBHuskers
06-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Maybe have two separate 360 dynasties then....PS3 is having two separate ones based on pace.

JBHuskers
06-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Or since we have a good group together just throw out the limitations period and go.

cdj
06-25-2010, 12:55 PM
I really like the idea of trying to keep it realistic, but I also understand people who just want to play and that's it.

Personally, I think the first season should be everything on default, go balls out. Could it lead to some stacked teams/rosters? Possibly....but I think we should work hard in the first season to see what issues/problems actually do pop up so we can pass that on to EA. From there, we consider what limitations and rules to put in place for season two and beyond after seeing what happens and discussion with all team owners.

JBHuskers
06-25-2010, 12:56 PM
I really like the idea of trying to keep it realistic, but I also understand people who just want to play and that's it.

Personally, I think the first season should be everything on default, go balls out. Could it lead to some stacked teams/rosters? Possibly....but I think we should work hard in the first season to see what issues/problems actually do pop up so we can pass that on to EA. From there, we consider what limitations and rules to put in place for season two and beyond after seeing what happens and discussion with all team owners.

Agreed.

lilheavy
06-25-2010, 12:58 PM
I also believe that with the group of guys we have playing, we shouldn't have to be concerned with rules. I believe the recruiting slider will take care of the recruiting issue big dynasties had in the past (all of the users getting the best recruits). I don't want us to split into two dynasties because of rules, I really would like to play with the group we have signed on so far.

This is our first "THE OFFICIAL TGTD" so lets start it off with a bang! If we see a need for putting limitations on things as we get deeper into the dynasty then we can deal with it then.

JBHuskers
06-25-2010, 12:59 PM
I also believe that with the group of guys we have playing, we shouldn't have to be concerned with rules. I believe the recruiting slider will take care of the recruiting issue big dynasties had in the past (all of the users getting the best recruits). I don't want us to split into two dynasties because of rules, I really would like to play with the group we have signed on so far.

This is our first "THE OFFICIAL TGTD" so lets start it off with a bang! If we see a need for putting limitations on things as we get deeper into the dynasty then we can deal with it then.

Again agreed.

Solidice
06-25-2010, 02:42 PM
in other ODs I've been in, the main purpose of "limiting" scholarship was more to help the CPU's recruiting by not "wasting" recruits. so if you have 12 seniors, and you recruit a full 25 players. you'll basically be wasting 13 players that will no longer exist after you cut them. what we normally did was create a "number of seniors +3 rule", encase you had players that left early/transferred. so if you have 12 seniors, you could give out 15 scholarships. in an NCAA '09 OD, there was actually someone that only had 3 seniors, but still recruited 25 players and he had to cut 22 players from his roster. most were 4 and 5 star recruits. that is just crazy.

personally, I don't see many reasons to recruit more than you need anyway, but I'll go with whatever we decide on. I've never been that good of a recruiter anyway.

morsdraconis
06-25-2010, 02:58 PM
I have no problem with no rules. I just don't want to get to my first User vs User game and see someone hike the ball and sprinting back 10 yards, launching nothing but deep passes and throwing to the flats, going for it on 4th and 20, rocket catching, user moving multiple people on defense to create nano blitzes, and bullshit like that. That'll make me VERY pissed off. I play ODs to have fun with people that like to play Sim football. If I wanted to play assholes like that, I'd play online against random fucknuts.

Flav
06-25-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm fine with rules like that, but recruiting rules seem like they would be unnecessary.

iBrandon
06-25-2010, 03:38 PM

I'm fine with rules like that, but recruiting rules seem like they would be unnecessary.
I agree with all of the above. Why not play it out the first season and then come season 2, if we need to put something in place we can.

xRomo9
06-25-2010, 07:28 PM
I agree with all of the above. Why not play it out the first season and then come season 2, if we need to put something in place we can.

I Agree..

I like rules too , but like said before we have a great group of guys ready to go ...

+2

Jayrah
06-25-2010, 11:21 PM
Well, I'm up in the air on recruiting rules for a league like this.

PLUS POINTS - Certainly would auto level the playing field between player and cpu. Recruiting becomes more difficult but you learn to adjust your priorities for your team. It doesn't mean you give up on high caliber guys, but you "build" a team on specialized attributes. Without form subs or capable ratings, that's really very difficult, but with them, it is highly possible.

Another thing is with online recruiting and the additional online stuff, it will be much easier and faster this year to keep your list updated. Drag and drop would allow you to easily keep the top #(?) players on your board and not be too hassled. I am hoping that this is all a mute point because of the slider this season.

MINUS POINTS - I understand not having to "monitor" your every move. Extra rules take extra time to pay attention to. To keep a high pace going, it's extra stuff that could be tedious.

That being said, the first things that I think about this group are efficient, intelligent and honorable (in a gaming sense). We've "known" each other for a while I think, and I'm sure that we would, and will be mostly football straight players. Based on majority so far, it seems like we want to just play a season and see what happens. BUT, we will have a week or two with the game before named rosters are set most likely, so finding major flaws is easily attainable before we roll.

On rules in general, solely based on majority so far, I would say 3 things:

(1) I think our group of guys is dedicated and experienced enough to understand flaws in the game. After release, let's collectively bring any major gameplay issues we see to the table and vote on them as possible league rules in that first week. This is what TF management and dynasty commissioners will be doing to come up with their rules, but we have a different group of guys, so we'll probably want to play it a bit different. Mors I know is experienced in searching for recruiting exploits and progression from over there, so he, and probably at least a few of our group will research that aspect in depth as well and we can check back in as a group on any possible issues.

(2) If we have any problems with certain members (I wouldn't think so though), we can always vote on their need of replacement.

(3) If there is anything that we as individuals normally play with, that we might have a question about "is it cheesing, or not" let's bring it to the table now and find out what the rest of the group feels. We are probably capable of making a very enjoyable league with few to no additional rule sets, but there ARE many unspoken rules out there, like Mors was saying. Basically a rule set just makes it spoken and is a good reminder so as not to be abused. On that note, there aren't many rules (at TF for example) that aren't already followed by most of us, so a rule set isn't going to put much extra work in, it's mostly just a guide for our league standards and quality fair play. So in that light, a rule set isn't going to be a bad thing. I think we could all agree on that.

morsdraconis
06-25-2010, 11:32 PM

I REALLY hope they are unnecessary man. I desperately want a CPU recruiting logic that works close to how humans recruit. I want to struggle recruiting with a low caliber team. I want to get good recruits but still have to fight for the elite with WVU. As it is in '10, that's completely non-existent. Hopefully the changes that they made will make it where on even Varsity it's tough to recruit with low caliber teams, but that remains to be seen.

As Jayrah said, I'll be testing the hell out of it once I get my hands on the game (hopefully close to a week early, but that remains to be seen) so anything that I see well most definitely be posted in the forums here somewhere.

Jayrah
06-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Yeah, I mean, we're certainly not an "anything goes" league here. So in some form I think some rules are necessary.

morsdraconis
06-25-2010, 11:44 PM
Yeah, I mean, we're certainly not an "anything goes" league here. So in some form I think some rules are necessary.

Absolutely. And I have a list already made up, but I'm waiting to see how things work in the game before I post them for discussion. I certainly want everyone to be in agreement on this stuff, especially since it's the Official TGT dynasty and all.

But I definitely agree with CDJ about getting the game and going with it as quickly as possible. I doubt it will be more than a week, at the most, before rosters are available in some form (the dude doing the rosters on TF's forum is REALLY good and efficient with them and will probably have them done pretty quickly).

Flav
06-26-2010, 12:02 AM
If I was one of the people that received an early copy from EA for media dynasty in my spare time I would start the rosters :)

Jayrah
06-26-2010, 12:16 AM
Absolutely. And I have a list already made up, but I'm waiting to see how things work in the game before I post them for discussion. I certainly want everyone to be in agreement on this stuff, especially since it's the Official TGT dynasty and all.

But I definitely agree with CDJ about getting the game and going with it as quickly as possible. I doubt it will be more than a week, at the most, before rosters are available in some form (the dude doing the rosters on TF's forum is REALLY good and efficient with them and will probably have them done pretty quickly).

Oh for sure, Luvtotha9 has the highest regarded rosters anywhere, 5* all the way. The only thing is that he is PS3, so last year Xbox users couldn't use them. Thankfully this year we are working on getting them copied for Xbox as well. So as long as the copy guys can keep up we should be golden there. I just hope I get my mailed game copy by thursday so I can have a full weekend to play it before we get going.

HawkFan
06-26-2010, 03:25 AM
I'll take the remaining spot in the Big East if I am able. Syracuse would be my team.

morsdraconis
06-26-2010, 10:11 AM
I'll take the remaining spot in the Big East if I am able. Syracuse would be my team.

Absolutely man. Syracuse is yours. Welcome to the dynasty.

Solidice
06-26-2010, 11:20 AM
2010 schedules for our teams(Bold = user game)

West Virginia

Sept. 4 - FCS team
Sept. 10 - @Marshall
Sept. 18 - Maryland
Sept. 25 - @LSU
Oct. 9 - UNLV
Oct. 14 - South Florida
Oct. 23 - Syracuse
Oct. 29 - @Connecticut
Nov. 13 - Cincinnati
Nov. 20 - @Louisville
Nov. 26 - @Pittsburgh
Dec. 4 - Rutgers

South Florida

Sept. 4 - FCS team
Sept. 11 - @Florida
Sept. 25 - Western Kentucky
Oct. 2 - Florida Atlantic
Oct. 9 - Syracuse
Oct. 14 - @West Virginia
Oct. 22 - @Cincinnati
Nov. 3 - Rutgers
Nov. 13 - @Louisville
Nov. 20 - Pittsburgh
Nov. 27 - @Miami(FL)
Dec. 4 - Connecticut

Syracuse

Sept. 4 - @Akron
Sept. 11 - @Washington
Sept. 18 - FCS Team
Sept. 25 - FCS Team
Oct. 9 - @South Florida
Oct. 16 - Pittsburgh
Oct. 23 - @West Virginia
Oct. 30 - @Cincinnati
Nov. 6 - Louisville
Nov. 13 - @Rutgers
Nov. 20 - Connecticut
Nov. 27 - Boston College

Michigan

Sept. 4 - Connecticut
Sept. 11 - @Notre Dame
Sept. 18 - FCS Team
Sept. 25 - Bowling Green
Oct. 2 - @Indiana
Oct. 9 - Michigan State
Oct. 16 - Iowa
Oct. 30 - @Penn State
Nov. 6 - Illinois
Nov. 13 - @Purdue
Nov. 20 - Wisconsin
Nov. 27 - @Ohio State

Indiana

Sept. 2 - FCS Team
Sept. 18 - @Western Kentucky
Sept. 25 - Akron
Oct. 2 - Michigan
Oct. 9 - @Ohio State
Oct. 16 - Arkansas State
Oct. 23 - @Illinois
Oct. 30 - Northwestern
Nov. 6 - Iowa
Nov. 13 - @Wisconsin
Nov. 20 - Penn State
Nov. 27 - @Purdue

Penn State

Sept. 4 - FCS Team
Sept. 11 - @Alabama
Sept. 18 - Kent State
Sept. 25 - Temple
Oct. 2 - @Iowa
Oct. 9 - Illinois
Oct. 23 - @Minnesota
Oct. 30 - Michigan
Nov. 6 - Northwestern
Nov. 13 - @Ohio State
Nov. 20 - Indiana
Nov. 27 - Michigan State

Miami

Sept. 2 - FCS Team
Sept. 11 - @Ohio State
Sept. 23 - @Pittsburgh
Oct. 2 - @Clemson
Oct. 9 - Florida State
Oct. 16 - @Duke
Oct. 23 - North Carolina
Oct. 30 - @Virginia
Nov. 6 - Maryland
Nov. 13 - Georgia Tech
Nov. 20 - Virginia Tech
Nov. 27 - South Florida

Virginia Tech

Sept. 6 - Boise State
Sept. 11 - FCS Team
Sept. 18 - East Carolina
Sept. 25 - @Boston College
Oct. 2 - @NC State
Oct. 9 - Central Michigan
Oct. 16 - Wake Forest
Oct. 23 - Duke
Nov. 4 - Georgia Tech
Nov. 13 - North Carolina
Nov. 20 - @Miami(FL)
Nov. 27 - Virginia

Maryland

Sept. 6 - Navy
Sept. 11 - FCS Team
Sept. 18 - @West Virginia
Sept. 25 - FIU
Oct. 2 - Duke
Oct. 16 - @Clemson
Oct. 23 - @Boston College
Oct. 30 - Wake Forest
Nov. 6 - @Miami(FL)
Nov. 13 - @Virginia
Nov. 20 - Florida State
Nov. 27 - NC State

Florida

Sept. 4 - Miami(OH)
Sept. 11 - South Florida
Sept. 18 - @Tennessee
Sept. 28 - Kentucky
Oct. 2 - @Alabama
Oct. 9 - LSU
Oct. 16 - Mississippi State
Oct. 30 - Georgia (Neutral Site)
Nov. 6 - Vanderbilt
Nov. 13 - South Caolina
Nov. 20 - FCS Team
Nov. 27 - Florida State

Alabama

Sept. 4 - San Jose State
Sept. 11 - Penn State
Sept. 18 - @Duke
Sept. 25 - @Arkansas
Oct. 2 - Florida
Oct. 9 - @South Carolina
Oct. 16 - Mississippi
Oct. 23 - @Tennessee
Nov. 6 - @LSU
Nov. 13 - Mississippi State
Nov. 20 - FCS Team
Nov. 26 - Auburn

LSU

Sept. 4 - North Carolina
Sept. 11 - @Vanderbilt
Sept. 18 - Mississippi State
Sept. 25 - West Virginia
Oct. 2 - Tennessee
Oct. 9 - @Florida
Oct. 16 - FCS Team
Oct. 23 - @Auburn
Nov. 6 - Alabama
Nov. 13 - UL Monroe
Nov. 20 - Mississippi
Nov. 27 - Arkansas

Flav
06-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Good post Solidice. Appreciate that man.

iBrandon
06-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Thanks for then schedule post.

Are we going to substitute the FC teams?

morsdraconis
06-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Thanks for then schedule post.

Are we going to substitute the FC teams?

Most definitely. We will not be playing the FCS team.

iBrandon
06-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Thanks. I'm glad we are leaving the FCS teams alone.

I also wanted to say thanks for letting me join. A lot of people don't even know who I am. It's going to be weird playing with a good team. I'm always Baylor in NCAA and the 49ers in Madden.

morsdraconis
06-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Thanks. I'm glad we are leaving the FCS teams alone.

I also wanted to say thanks for letting me join. A lot of people don't even know who I am. It's going to be weird playing with a good team. I'm always Baylor in NCAA and the 49ers in Madden.

Absolutely man. Can't wait to get this going and have some fun playing with you guys.

xRomo9
06-26-2010, 11:46 PM
2010 schedules for our teams(Bold = user game)

West Virginia

Sept. 4 - FCS team
Sept. 10 - @Marshall
Sept. 18 - Maryland
Sept. 25 - @LSU
Oct. 9 - UNLV
Oct. 14 - South Florida
Oct. 23 - Syracuse
Oct. 29 - @Connecticut
Nov. 13 - Cincinnati
Nov. 20 - @Louisville
Nov. 26 - @Pittsburgh
Dec. 4 - Rutgers

South Florida

Sept. 4 - FCS team
Sept. 11 - @Florida
Sept. 25 - Western Kentucky
Oct. 2 - Florida Atlantic
Oct. 9 - Syracuse
Oct. 14 - @West Virginia
Oct. 22 - @Cincinnati
Nov. 3 - Rutgers
Nov. 13 - @Louisville
Nov. 20 - Pittsburgh
Nov. 27 - @Miami(FL)
Dec. 4 - Connecticut

Syracuse

Sept. 4 - @Akron
Sept. 11 - @Washington
Sept. 18 - FCS Team
Sept. 25 - FCS Team
Oct. 9 - @South Florida
Oct. 16 - Pittsburgh
Oct. 23 - @West Virginia
Oct. 30 - @Cincinnati
Nov. 6 - Louisville
Nov. 13 - @Rutgers
Nov. 20 - Connecticut
Nov. 27 - Boston College

Michigan

Sept. 4 - Connecticut
Sept. 11 - @Notre Dame
Sept. 18 - FCS Team
Sept. 25 - Bowling Green
Oct. 2 - @Indiana
Oct. 9 - Michigan State
Oct. 16 - Iowa
Oct. 30 - @Penn State
Nov. 6 - Illinois
Nov. 13 - @Purdue
Nov. 20 - Wisconsin
Nov. 27 - @Ohio State

Indiana

Sept. 2 - FCS Team
Sept. 18 - @Western Kentucky
Sept. 25 - Akron
Oct. 2 - Michigan
Oct. 9 - @Ohio State
Oct. 16 - Arkansas State
Oct. 23 - @Illinois
Oct. 30 - Northwestern
Nov. 6 - Iowa
Nov. 13 - @Wisconsin
Nov. 20 - Penn State
Nov. 27 - @Purdue

Penn State

Sept. 4 - FCS Team
Sept. 11 - @Alabama
Sept. 18 - Kent State
Sept. 25 - Temple
Oct. 2 - @Iowa
Oct. 9 - Illinois
Oct. 23 - @Minnesota
Oct. 30 - Michigan
Nov. 6 - Northwestern
Nov. 13 - @Ohio State
Nov. 20 - Indiana
Nov. 27 - Michigan State

Miami

Sept. 2 - FCS Team
Sept. 11 - @Ohio State
Sept. 23 - @Pittsburgh
Oct. 2 - @Clemson
Oct. 9 - Florida State
Oct. 16 - @Duke
Oct. 23 - North Carolina
Oct. 30 - @Virginia
Nov. 6 - Maryland
Nov. 13 - Georgia Tech
Nov. 20 - Virginia Tech
Nov. 27 - South Florida

Virginia Tech

Sept. 6 - Boise State
Sept. 11 - FCS Team
Sept. 18 - East Carolina
Sept. 25 - @Boston College
Oct. 2 - @NC State
Oct. 9 - Central Michigan
Oct. 16 - Wake Forest
Oct. 23 - Duke
Nov. 4 - Georgia Tech
Nov. 13 - North Carolina
Nov. 20 - @Miami(FL)
Nov. 27 - Virginia

Maryland

Sept. 6 - Navy
Sept. 11 - FCS Team
Sept. 18 - @West Virginia
Sept. 25 - FIU
Oct. 2 - Duke
Oct. 16 - @Clemson
Oct. 23 - @Boston College
Oct. 30 - Wake Forest
Nov. 6 - @Miami(FL)
Nov. 13 - @Virginia
Nov. 20 - Florida State
Nov. 27 - NC State

Florida

Sept. 4 - Miami(OH)
Sept. 11 - South Florida
Sept. 18 - @Tennessee
Sept. 28 - Kentucky
Oct. 2 - @Alabama
Oct. 9 - LSU
Oct. 16 - Mississippi State
Oct. 30 - Georgia (Neutral Site)
Nov. 6 - Vanderbilt
Nov. 13 - South Caolina
Nov. 20 - FCS Team
Nov. 27 - Florida State

Alabama

Sept. 4 - San Jose State
Sept. 11 - Penn State
Sept. 18 - @Duke
Sept. 25 - @Arkansas
Oct. 2 - Florida
Oct. 9 - @South Carolina
Oct. 16 - Mississippi
Oct. 23 - @Tennessee
Nov. 6 - @LSU
Nov. 13 - Mississippi State
Nov. 20 - FCS Team
Nov. 26 - Auburn

LSU

Sept. 4 - North Carolina
Sept. 11 - @Vanderbilt
Sept. 18 - Mississippi State
Sept. 25 - West Virginia
Oct. 2 - Tennessee
Oct. 9 - @Florida
Oct. 16 - FCS Team
Oct. 23 - @Auburn
Nov. 6 - Alabama
Nov. 13 - UL Monroe
Nov. 20 - Mississippi
Nov. 27 - Arkansas

Great post !!!

Most definitely. We will not be playing the FCS team.

I'm very glad for this as well .. Crimson Tide is Coming !! :)

HawkFan
06-27-2010, 10:10 AM
So I saw a lot of talk about rules and no rules and what we should do. Are we waiting til the game comes out to hammer these out or are they open for debate? Just wondering.

morsdraconis
06-27-2010, 12:00 PM
So I saw a lot of talk about rules and no rules and what we should do. Are we waiting til the game comes out to hammer these out or are they open for debate? Just wondering.

Absolutely open for debate, but currently I'm waiting to get the game in my hands to see if there are any glaring issues that crop up.

HawkFan
06-27-2010, 12:09 PM
My two cents is this.

Recruiting wise I have been in dynasty's that have done it both ways. And it has worked both ways, but with this years game and the differences in recruiting from last year to this year I think we should play the first season without any recruiting restrictions and see what happens. I mean all the people in this so far seem like pretty reasonable people and seem like they would see a problem if there was one and want to make a change if it would help the competitiveness, longevity, and fun of a dynasty.

Play wise, although everyone in this dynasty seems like a great person I think we should at least write out some rules for game play, that way everyone has some sort of idea what is acceptable and what is frowned upon in this dynasty. I do not think people would rocket catch or scramble all over with the qb if we did not make these rules but it's a good idea to have them just in case.

Lastly, I think it would be cool of all the member of the dynasty would post their teams and the top three offensive playbooks and top two defensive playbooks they would be using. By no means does this mean those are the only playbooks you are limited to but it would add a bit of scouting into our dynasty. I think it would be cool to be able to look at my opponent coming up and see what they may or may not be able to do with their team and the playbooks they have listed. I realize this probably would not be able to be done until the game comes out.

Let me know what you guys think.

lilheavy
06-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Lastly, I think it would be cool of all the member of the dynasty would post their teams and the top three offensive playbooks and top two defensive playbooks they would be using. By no means does this mean those are the only playbooks you are limited to but it would add a bit of scouting into our dynasty. I think it would be cool to be able to look at my opponent coming up and see what they may or may not be able to do with their team and the playbooks they have listed. I realize this probably would not be able to be done until the game comes out.

I plan on doing a preseason write-up for my team so be on the look out for that.

Oh and one more thing...ROMO, YOU ARE GOING DOWN BUDDY.....GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!! :p

morsdraconis
06-27-2010, 12:39 PM
My two cents is this.

All of that is great and I certainly agree.

I'm of the feeling that everyone should have posted somewhere what playbooks they are using no matter what and hopefully keep them up to date. You most definitely don't have to stick with a playbook once you choose it, but it would be nice to know what ones people are using so that the Users playing against you have an idea of what to expect, even if it's just knowing that you're using the Florida offensive playbook and the 3-4 defensive playbook.

In other dynasties I've been in, we'd have a specific thread used to "scout" users by talking about some of their tendencies, how effective they were at certain things, and maybe a play or two that we picked up on that they liked to use in certain situations.

HawkFan
06-27-2010, 01:01 PM
In other dynasties I've been in, we'd have a specific thread used to "scout" users by talking about some of their tendencies, how effective they were at certain things, and maybe a play or two that we picked up on that they liked to use in certain situations.

I love that idea, kind of like coaches talking to each other about what a certain team did against them.

iBrandon
06-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Should we not use the default playbooks for our teams?

How are we going to handle formation subs? Will the be allowed? In certain packages, like the Gator package, I'll want a faster QB in there. Will that be okay?

morsdraconis
06-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Should we not use the default playbooks for our teams?

How are we going to handle formation subs? Will the be allowed? In certain packages, like the Gator package, I'll want a faster QB in there. Will that be okay?

You can use whatever playbooks you want. I know I probably won't be using WVU's default playbook because it's probably going to be terrible because we can't decide if we want to be a spread team or a pro style offense so we do both poorly.

As for formation subs, it remains to be seen if bringing in a LB at the DE spot or a safety to the LB spot truly makes a difference to the point of their increased speed causing the OL not to block right (which was the reason why people were against moving LBs to DEs in '09 and '10).

I'm going to attempt to do some tests by putting a safety or corner at DE to see if the OL push them around more than a player with more strength (probably put a DT there or something). Hopefully, putting someone at DE with very little strength will enable the OTs to maul the hell out of them in the run game, like it would in real life.

As for bringing in the same position in for a certain formation, that's absolutely ok.

HawkFan
06-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Yeah I have no problem what so ever with people using formation subs as long as it does not get out of hand. I mean a wr or rb should not be in at qb for any reason but the wildcat or because all the rest of your qb's are hurt. I like the idea of testing out whether putting a safety or mis-aligned player in a position they are not built for has an effect either way on them.

Playbook wise I definitely do not see why we can not use whatever playbook we want. I mean I know I am not going to use Syracuse's playbook, I want them to go back to the old style of Cuse football, where they ran some option but also had a decent passing game.

Jayrah
06-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Looking at the matrix videos, with all the 'speed' at defense, with the nickel and dime blitzes he was using, he was getting pushed around. I think it will be better. However it definitely remains to be fully seen. For the first time in a couple years, I will have to look at the playbooks to understand what I want to use.

Solidice
06-27-2010, 06:57 PM
I normally use the 4-2-5 on defense, have been for years now in NCAA series. I might make the switch to 3-4 though. Texas Tech will be using it in real life, and I think Maryland uses it(not sure, I don't know that much about Maryland). but just going by what the other ACC teams' offenses are, I'll probably do better in either a 4-3 or 3-4.

on offense, I'll probably stick with Maryland's playbook. if I do switch, it'll be to either a one back or more likely a multiple offense playbook. I see that Maryland has a couple of mobile QBs on the roster(including the starter), so a multiple offense playbook might work out nice. it all depend on what Maryland's playbook looks like.

HawkFan
06-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Well I know for sure the defensive playbook I will be using and that's the 4-3 playbook. I have used it ever since I started playing these games and I am not going to change it now.

Offensively I may be looking to use the pistol formation, so I will be looking at Indiana, Ohio and Nevada's playbook. If I do not like any of those I will probably go with a multiple set playbook along the lines of FSU, LSU or Penn State.

Jayrah
06-27-2010, 08:51 PM
For USF, the offense is tailor-made for the spread. BJ Daniels is big, athletic, agile and has a cannon for an arm. The receivers are big and fast, with Shields, Bogan and Richardson the wr corps is one of the best in the conference. So I am planning on using the vertical passing game fairly often. Very little no-huddle though.

The starting defensive backfield is big and talented, and across the line they are very strong, good and fast. I have 3 90+ DTs, so to use a 3-4 would nullify that, but I also have 2 92+ MLB's, so a 4-3 nullifies that. Lately I've been switching to a 3-4 set, so I'll probably go with that, and really rotate my D-line with form subs. With my backfield, I'll probably use a lot of man blitz schemes.

morsdraconis
06-27-2010, 09:40 PM
If the WVU rosters stay pretty much the same rating wise (which I assume they will with the named rosters basically just making small changes here or there and adding people), I'm probably going to be starting a true freshman at QB in Barry Brunetti (QB#5 on the roster) over Geno Smith and Coley White (who should be at WR instead of QB since he'll mainly be used there). Kid has got a live arm (92 thp) with decent accuracy (85 tha) and still has some wheels (82 spd, 86 agl, and 89 acc).

Obviously will be using Devine at HB but Ryan Clark (FB#32) is a monster short yardage back (who WVU uses for short yardage in real life) and we have a whole stable of HBs with speed behind Devine:

Tevon Austin 92 spd, 96 accel, 91 juke
Shawne Alston 88 spd, 95 accel, 86 brk tkl
Daquan Hargrett 94 spd, 88 accel
and I think the last guy is the new guy Trey Johnson with 96 spd, and 82 accel though I think they have him backwards a bit as one of his big recruiting points was his burst of acceleration but he isn't incredibly fast - hopefully that gets fixed

We are severely lacking at WR, especially since our big pick up last year in recruiting Logan Heastie basically flunked out of WVU and transferred. Stedman Bailey has shown flashes of brilliance, but nothing consistent. After Jock Sanders we have Bradley Starks, who converted from QB to WR his Freshman year and has done fairly well but beyond those two, the least I could say is we have holes.

For my playing style, TE will need some upgrades very soon (one Sr and one Jr at the moment).

For the OL, I'm going to have to immediately come in and make a splash for some decent replacements for the right side as I'll most likely be losing 2 to graduation and maybe one to draft (90 ovr LT will most likely progress to 93 or 94 by the end of the year and be ready to get his money from the NFL). Some tough shoes to fill on that OL.

Like always, our defense is perfect for the switch to the 3-4 defense that I love to run though our linebacking core's coverage abilities certainly leave something to be desired.

Corner is yet another area that needs to be vastly improved immediately. Will have at least two CBs graduating, with only one decent one coming back. Going to have my work cut out for me there. Definitely more of a man coverage group here than zone though the nickle and dime corners certainly have some great speed and zone coverage abilities as well.

FS is where we have our ballhawking 6'5" tackle machine. Will probably end up losing him early as well because he's on the preseason Nagurski watch list in real life which usually translates to easy entrance for the award on the game.

At SS we have a killer hitter with lots of depth behind him. Not necessarily great depth, but depth none the same.

At Kicker we have an INCREDIBLY good Sophomore kicker (not sure he's anywhere close to being that good in real life but I'll take it ;) )

At Punter, again, pretty damn good player who, in real life, probably isn't that good. Senior so I will be searching for a punter right out of the gate as well.

With the above information, looks like I'll probably be going to a one back offense or some type of uptempo spread to take advantage of what speed we have on the field (wish the RB depth I had could actually catch the damn ball, I'd move some of them to WR instead, but, sadly, they can't catch a freakin' cold).

lilheavy
07-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Are we getting a seperate forum or will all discussion be in this thread?

morsdraconis
07-02-2010, 01:45 PM
I could move it to the donator section and all but then people wouldn't be able to read it and since it's the Official TGT Dynasty, we want people to be able to read it and find it.

I'll leave the decision up to CDJ and such.

Jayrah
07-03-2010, 01:03 AM
I could move it to the donator section and all but then people wouldn't be able to read it and since it's the Official TGT Dynasty, we want people to be able to read it and find it.

I'll leave the decision up to CDJ and such.

I for one like it here. However, I would like a link from the front page to make it easy to access. Especially since it IS The Official TGTD. Maybe if PS3 gets one too, put 2 links, 1 for PS and one for Box.

morsdraconis
07-03-2010, 01:41 AM
I for one like it here. However, I would like a link from the front page to make it easy to access. Especially since it IS The Official TGTD. Maybe if PS3 gets one too, put 2 links, 1 for PS and one for Box.

I think that's an excellent idea, but, again, that's up to CDJ and such.

Solidice
07-08-2010, 02:57 PM
some of the bowl games that could have a user-user matchup(not sure if the game follow this 100% though):

Champs Sports Bowl - Big East #2 vs. ACC #3
Music City Bowl - SEC #7 vs. ACC #6
Meineke Car Care Bow - ACC #5 vs. Big East #3
Chick-fil-A Bowl - ACC #2 vs. SEC #5
Outback Bowl - Big Ten #3 vs. SEC #3/4
Capitol One Bowl - SEC #2 vs. Big Ten #2
Gator Bowl - Big Ten #4/5 vs SEC #6
PapaJohns.com Bowl - SEC #8/9 vs. Big East #5

any of the BCS games could see user-user matchup, depending on who gets to the NC game.

I'll say the Capitol One, Champs Sports, and Outback Bowl games see the most user-user matchups over the seasons, at least for the non-BCS bowl games.

iBrandon
07-08-2010, 04:52 PM
I don’t know about anyone else… but I am ready to get this dynasty going. I am curious to see how well I will do with a quality football program. Or I should say it's going to be different.

DrManateePhD
07-11-2010, 09:04 PM
I would very much be interested in getting onto the waiting list to join this OD, i'm a very active player and have been looking for a good group of guys to have an OD with for a while now :D

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 09:18 PM
some of the bowl games that could have a user-user matchup(not sure if the game follow this 100% though):

Champs Sports Bowl - Big East #2 vs. ACC #3
Music City Bowl - SEC #7 vs. ACC #6
Meineke Car Care Bow - ACC #5 vs. Big East #3
Chick-fil-A Bowl - ACC #2 vs. SEC #5
Outback Bowl - Big Ten #3 vs. SEC #3/4
Capitol One Bowl - SEC #2 vs. Big Ten #2
Gator Bowl - Big Ten #4/5 vs SEC #6
PapaJohns.com Bowl - SEC #8/9 vs. Big East #5

any of the BCS games could see user-user matchup, depending on who gets to the NC game.

I'll say the Capitol One, Champs Sports, and Outback Bowl games see the most user-user matchups over the seasons, at least for the non-BCS bowl games.

Good Post!

I'm ready too Brandon. Can't wait to get crackin!

morsdraconis
07-11-2010, 09:24 PM
I'm SO excited to get the game and finally get to play this incredible game (from everything I've seen, it's going to be an absolute fuckin' blast).

A bit disappointed with the issues people are having on the Dynasty Wire, but I'm sure they'll get it worked out.

And, of course, I get a new job that's going to be pretty intense hour wise as soon as this freakin' game drops.

Solidice
07-11-2010, 09:31 PM
I'm worried about recruiting with Maryland. 3* prestige team. :(

but after watching the full game video here that had Maryland in it, I'm looking forward to playing with them. love the look of the stadium + surroundings. and that updated pressbox/suites looks really nice. and the red/black/white UA uniform looks great.

I think I subconsciously picked Maryland because of their uniforms, as their color scheme is similar to Texas Tech, and it's the same uniform manufacturer. :D

HawkFan
07-12-2010, 10:20 AM
I'm worried about recruiting with Maryland. 3* prestige team. :(

but after watching the full game video here that had Maryland in it, I'm looking forward to playing with them. love the look of the stadium + surroundings. and that updated pressbox/suites looks really nice. and the red/black/white UA uniform looks great.

I think I subconsciously picked Maryland because of their uniforms, as their color scheme is similar to Texas Tech, and it's the same uniform manufacturer. :D

Man if you are worried about recruiting with Maryland, how screwed am I with Syracuse.

Flav
07-13-2010, 12:38 PM
I can't wait for this to start!!!!!

Anton32
07-13-2010, 02:14 PM
hey guys when will this start just let me know via twitter xbl GT Anton B twitter Anton32

morsdraconis
07-13-2010, 04:48 PM
hey guys when will this start just let me know via twitter xbl GT Anton B twitter Anton32

At the moment, not entirely sure when we're starting. I don't even have the game yet (will get it in the next 2 hours or so) and I'm not sure how many people in the league have it yet.

I'd probably give it a few days (weekend at the most) and then I'll create the league and get it going from there.

Need to talk to Chris and JB about their thoughts on giving this it's own forum and such or just keeping everything here.

morsdraconis
07-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Anyone have any thoughts on difficulty, sliders, or anything yet?

Recruiting seems VERY tough with low level teams but I haven't completed a full season yet to see for sure.

Player progression looks NICE so I don't think we'll have to worry about the limitation on swaying kids back.

Need to play around against the 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 defenses and see if the blocking for them has been adjusted to actually work.

Solidice
07-14-2010, 11:35 AM
for sliders(if we're going with AA difficulty), right now I can only think of few things that could use a change. increase human pass block(slightly), and CPU rush ability(either HB ability or blocking, or both).

overall, AA seems decent, just need to boost the CPU rush attack some. the CPU defense seems to do a good job versus my offense, I've only scored over 30 points once on AA(all games were with 7 or 8 minute quarters).

AustinWolv
07-14-2010, 11:39 AM
For AA:
Hm, I put up 49 in the only game I played on AA so far. Rushing was too easy. CPU rushing needs a big bump.

On Heisman:
I noted some comments in the Impressions thread and will be posting initial slider tweaks tonight hopefully in the slider forum.

If you go AA, it needs to be harder. If you go Heisman, it needs to be a bit easier.

iBrandon
07-14-2010, 03:04 PM
So when we looking to kickoff?

What game speed setting ate we going with?

How many minute per quarters?

morsdraconis
07-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Personally, I like the Normal speed just fine.

As for minutes per quarter, I think 8 minutes is perfect, especially with the proper clock countdown.

I think we're going to go with All-American difficulty on both game and recruiting.

Right now, I actually think the sliders for the game are pretty decent. I mean, I can take a B squad and beat a B+ squad pretty easily, but that's how the game was last season too, even with changed sliders.

Overall, I think by the end of this week, we should be ready to go with this.

lilheavy
07-15-2010, 11:52 AM
I think AA will be way too easy and we'll be seeing outrageous user stats both rushing and passing. Heisman will give more of a challenge and even hand out some losses for a few of us, especially those with lesser teams. I also think taking the speed threshold down to 40 gives a better representation of speed and acceleration difference. On 40 I've been able to pull away from DT's after breaking a tackle downfield whereas on default that same DT would have been able to catch me when in reality he shouldn't have been able to do.

Flav
07-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I agree. AA is really easy. Heisman is more of a challenge.

morsdraconis
07-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Ok, well, I'll mess around with Heisman some and try to find some decent sliders.

And I'll test out the speed min/max slider and see if I notice any HUGE differences.

Solidice
07-15-2010, 02:15 PM
I've been struggling playing with Maryland on default AA. :D

iBrandon
07-15-2010, 05:30 PM
What kind of schedule we looking at, 2 games a week?

morsdraconis
07-15-2010, 05:40 PM
What kind of schedule we looking at, 2 games a week?

Most definitely 2 games a week. Probably advance every 72 hours at midnight or something like that.

Jayrah
07-16-2010, 02:57 AM
I've been struggling playing with Maryland on default AA. :D

I'm thinking AA with some more difficult settings is good too. But I could run on Heisman with easier settings too. Whichever really. I'm getting tough games from the cpu (and losing) with WSU. My brother just got stomped as Oregon vs Kansas. Now he's down to WVU in the 2nd. All I changed was fg length to 40 and RB ability/run block for cpu to 55. ooops, td UO 7-7. Devine is running all over him. 150 in 2nd qtr (7min)

morsdraconis
07-16-2010, 03:09 AM
I'm using a tweaked version of Jaymo's sliders (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?509-Community-Sliders-Balanced-%28All-American%29&p=12515&viewfull=1#post12515)

OFFENSE HUM CPU
QB ACCURACY 40 50
PASS BLOCK 50 40
WR CATCH 55 55
RB ABILITY 50 60
RUN BLOCK 60 80 (wasn't happy with terrible rushing numbers playing WVU vs WVU for Devine)

DEFENSE HUM CPU
PASS COVERAGE 35 45
PASS RUSH 70 50
INTERCEPTIONS 40 40 (prevents a BUNCH of BS interceptions)
RUSH DEFENSE 35 50
TACKLING 50 50

SPECIAL TEAMS HUM CPU
FG LENGTH 55 30 (CPU is still hitting 55 yarders with 88-90 kpw kickers which I don't think they should be able to)
FG ACCURACY 35 50
PUNT LENGTH 50 50
PUNT ACCURACY 40 50
KO LENGTH 35 50

Need to test it out against better against different teams (especially ones that run the ball better) and not use the 3-3-5 defense (once again, it's like kryptonite against the CPU), but I'm pretty happy with it.

Passing seems just a tad easy, but the pass rush is excellent (only one BS sack in the WVU vs WVU game I played and the DT just threw the center down to the side and came unabated) and the pass coverage for both sides is VERY nice. DBs make GREAT plays, but aren't superhuman.

Not sure what to do to prevent stupid play calls that leave the seams of the field wide open though... It's almost a guarantee against the CPU in 3rd and long situations.

Other then that, I think I REALLY like the above sliders. Someone else give them a try and tell me what you think.

HawkFan
07-16-2010, 09:12 AM
I for one can not wait to get this going as Dynasty wire has been a huge bust for my single player dynasty, can't wait to get going and get stories and stuff going that someone can actually see.

HawkFan
07-16-2010, 09:27 AM
For the advancing question, I think we should set it as two times every week. Maek it Wednesday by a certain time and Sunday by a certain time. Just my two cents, that way we would avoid confusion on peoples parts about when the dynasty advances each week.

morsdraconis
07-16-2010, 11:52 AM
For the advancing question, I think we should set it as two times every week. Maek it Wednesday by a certain time and Sunday by a certain time. Just my two cents, that way we would avoid confusion on peoples parts about when the dynasty advances each week.

That's fine with me. Wed @ Midnight and Sunday @ Midnight will be the times then.

lilheavy
07-16-2010, 01:17 PM
That's fine with me. Wed @ Midnight and Sunday @ Midnight will be the times then.

The problem with setting specific dates is what if everybody play's their game by Thursday night...will we just sit around and wait until Sunday @ midnight to advance? I like the 72 hour rule better. It will keep the dynasty moving at a smoother pace. You can set it to recieve emails once the dynasty is advanced plus mors or anybody else can post in here when the next advance will be. It can also be posted on the dynasty website and can be seen in game.

JBHuskers
07-16-2010, 02:40 PM
I will have it for 360 tonight.

Flav
07-16-2010, 04:26 PM
When are we kicking off?!?!

morsdraconis
07-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Shooting for Saturday as the beginning of the dynasty.

morsdraconis
07-16-2010, 11:36 PM
Ok. It's technically Saturday, but we're not ready to begin just yet.

Brandon (as Florida) dropped, so Florida and all the teams in the SEC East are now available if someone wants to switch there (and you will have first pick over someone new coming in).

I'm going to post in the Xbox OD interest thread that we need someone else.

Jayrah
07-17-2010, 03:14 AM
You should start sending invites though anyway. My Gamer ID has changed to Jayrah33

morsdraconis
07-17-2010, 05:57 AM
I will be today/tonight.

Pulling an all-nighter and will be gone most of the day (probably end up taking a nap some time later on as well).

HawkFan
07-17-2010, 08:37 AM
The problem with setting specific dates is what if everybody play's their game by Thursday night...will we just sit around and wait until Sunday @ midnight to advance? I like the 72 hour rule better. It will keep the dynasty moving at a smoother pace. You can set it to recieve emails once the dynasty is advanced plus mors or anybody else can post in here when the next advance will be. It can also be posted on the dynasty website and can be seen in game.

If everyone is done with there game then why would we not advance? I just saying that there are people out there with busy schedules, that might benefit from having it set for a certain day to advance. But in the case that you stated above that everyone was done by Thursday night we would advance to the next week and the next games would be due by Sunday night. If everyone say was done by Saturday night we would advance and the next week would be due by Wednesday.

I was not suggesting that the entire league be done with a week early and we all sit and twidle our thumbs waiting for the next advancement day.

Either way we do it I could care less, just making a suggestion.

Jayrah
07-17-2010, 01:02 PM
No that's good Hawk. But if we go like that, just do the 72 hr thing. Everyone will see in an email or Dyn Central when the week advances. All we need is the next due date. If everyone is done before that, we'll see it and can move on.

DrManateePhD
07-17-2010, 03:54 PM
I am very interested, I'll go with Kentucky if that's alright with you all. I'll be out of town at a research conference but I'll be back Sunday afternoon. I'll hit the ground running then, guaranteed. What's the OD information, glad to be a part of this active dynasty. Sorry about my brief delay, won't happen again.

morsdraconis
07-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Ok fellas. I updated the OP with the official rules and settings for the league. Any disputes for these, please post them now or forever hold your peace until we decide that one of the sliders isn't realistically giving us what we want.

I'm working on getting the dynasty setup and the invites out right now so look for your invite in the next hour or so.

Everyone has until Midnight of Tuesday (aka Tuesday night/Wednesday morning some time EST) to get their preseason stuff done (and accept the invites of course).

If there are any schedule requests besides no FCS opponents, please make them now so I can get the schedule setup before we advance.

morsdraconis
07-17-2010, 03:56 PM
I am very interested, I'll go with Kentucky if that's alright with you all. I'll be out of town at a research conference but I'll be back Sunday afternoon. I'll hit the ground running then, guaranteed. What's the OD information, glad to be a part of this active dynasty. Sorry about my brief delay, won't happen again.

AWESOME man. Welcome to the TGTD!

DrManateePhD
07-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Glad to be a part of it. Kentucky should be tough, I have a lot of colleagues from that school, hope I can build them up a little bit :D

Jayrah
07-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Glad to be a part of it. Kentucky should be tough, I have a lot of colleagues from that school, hope I can build them up a little bit :D

WELCOME ABOARD MAN! hehe, yeah I'm Kentucky in one of my other 2 OD's. We'll see how it goes.

morsdraconis
07-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Invites are all out except for Romo. I have no idea what his gamertag is. Everyone else we are ready to go.

If I get no schedule requests, I'm going to attempt to give everyone a decently tough first game of the season and try to give everyone at least 2 user vs user games.

I hope everyone accepts their invites early so I have an idea of what the schedule looks like for everyone...

Jayrah
07-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Wow Mors, laying the LAW! haha. I like it, with 3 exceptions (not necessarily for changes, just discussion).

1. Did you mean "5" FG length for Human? No conflict about that, just wondering if you meant that or 55

2. With the combos of 35 hum rush D, 75 cpu run blocking and 55 cpu rb ability there may be some murdering from the cpu. Little conflict here, but I've had RB's go for 200 on 50, 55 and 55 respectively. It was Devine, but again, just wondering how much testing that got. If it's realistic I like it though.

3. Sim Football? :D:P;):nod:

GOOD STUFF OVERALL MAN! Really excited for this one.

Jayrah
07-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Oh, also everyone be sure (probably mentioned already) to set all your cpu assistance OFF for recruiting

Jayrah
07-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Mors please also replace Western Kentucky on my schedule. Thanks

DrManateePhD
07-17-2010, 05:36 PM
What would my schedule look like? If anyone gets a chance to check it out of course.

morsdraconis
07-17-2010, 08:46 PM
1. Did you mean "5" FG length for Human? No conflict about that, just wondering if you meant that or 55

It's definitely meant as 5 FG length for Human. With the angle pushed all the way down a kicker with 93 power can just BARELY make a 52 yard FG (very realistic in my opinion).

2. With the combos of 35 hum rush D, 75 cpu run blocking and 55 cpu rb ability there may be some murdering from the cpu. Little conflict here, but I've had RB's go for 200 on 50, 55 and 55 respectively. It was Devine, but again, just wondering how much testing that got. If it's realistic I like it though.

I may be better at defending the run, but I played Wisconsin vs Wisconsin and John Clay for the CPU only got ~125 yards on 4.5 ypc (right around where I think he should). I tested it a few times and it was pretty solid numbers each time, but, by all means, if it seems like too much, then we can look at it again but I would recommend matching up the same teams against one another so you can judge your abilities to run the ball against the CPU's ability to do the same against the same defense.

Jayrah
07-17-2010, 09:20 PM
It's definitely meant as 5 FG length for Human. With the angle pushed all the way down a kicker with 93 power can just BARELY make a 52 yard FG (very realistic in my opinion).

Yeah that's about perfect.

I may be better at defending the run, but I played Wisconsin vs Wisconsin and John Clay for the CPU only got ~125 yards on 4.5 ypc (right around where I think he should). I tested it a few times and it was pretty solid numbers each time, but, by all means, if it seems like too much, then we can look at it again but I would recommend matching up the same teams against one another so you can judge your abilities to run the ball against the CPU's ability to do the same against the same defense.

Maybe a combo of the other particulars will make that not as bad as I thought. So no worries. I think it'll be good. Just something to monitor I guess for season 1 more than anything

Jayrah
07-17-2010, 11:38 PM
Why can't I post a story yet? I saved my preseason recap/2010 outlook in Word, so I'll post that when it's available.

morsdraconis
07-18-2010, 05:22 AM
I'm not sure why you can't yet.

I'm getting really tired of all the silly stuff you gotta put up with on the Dynasty Wire though. Lots of little things that make it annoying.

morsdraconis
07-18-2010, 05:38 AM
Obviously, these sliders are personal tests that I've done.

Try them out. If you are seeing something different than me, then by all means, we can make tweaks. I want the game to be fun for everyone.

Also, got romo added as well so we should be good to go as soon as everyone joins up.

JBHuskers
07-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Obviously, these sliders are personal tests that I've done.

Try them out. If you are seeing something different than me, then by all means, we can make tweaks. I want the game to be fun for everyone.

Also, got romo added as well so we should be good to go as soon as everyone joins up.

Getting signed up now.

Solidice
07-18-2010, 01:39 PM
got my recruiting board set up. man, what did I get myself into with Maryland. Recruiting will be very tough for me. :D

DrManateePhD
07-18-2010, 04:24 PM
I hope you all arnt waiting for just me, my flight leaves soon, should be home at 4 mountain time.

JBHuskers
07-18-2010, 04:28 PM
I hope you all arnt waiting for just me, my flight leaves soon, should be home at 4 mountain time.

Don't think so, when I did mine only 8 were in.

morsdraconis
07-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Don't think so, when I did mine only 8 were in.

Yeah. I can't do anything at all until everyone joins the dynasty.

xRomo9
07-18-2010, 05:28 PM
I'm ready lets do this !

DrManateePhD
07-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Im all joined up and ready, advance whenever your ready, I think I was the last one.

Flav
07-18-2010, 07:10 PM
we are missing Anton also I believe.

AustinWolv
07-18-2010, 07:51 PM
On soon.

edit: Didn't see an invite when I logged in tonight.

morsdraconis
07-19-2010, 08:48 AM
On soon.

edit: Didn't see an invite when I logged in tonight.

Oh shit, I think I missed ya Austin. My bad man.

You're good to go now man.

JBHuskers
07-19-2010, 09:34 AM
So are we at 11 now just waiting on Anton?

AustinWolv
07-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Oh shit, I think I missed ya Austin. My bad man.

You're good to go now man.

LOL, no worries. I'll get it updated tonight when I log in.

morsdraconis
07-19-2010, 10:25 AM
So are we at 11 now just waiting on Anton?

Yup.

Going to give him 24 hours and then we're going to open it up to someone else. No sense in waiting on just him.

morsdraconis
07-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Brandon has expressed interest in joining back up (whatever was originally going to prevent him from having enough time to participate has changed) so he will be receiving the offer to join tomorrow morning whenever I get up unless Anton joins up before then.

iBrandon
07-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Sounds good. I really wanted to be in, but I thought I was going to have an issue getting my games in. Since that item is no longer an issue and won't be in the future I'm ready to roll.

I only dropped so soon because I knew the league was about to start and I didn't want to drop after it kicked off.

Thanks for at least giving me a chance if Anton doesn't sign up. If you find out otherwise tonight, I can sign in and do my preseason tasks.

Brandon

Flav
07-19-2010, 08:15 PM
I've talked to Anton and he said he was joining, looks like he never did. :(

DrManateePhD
07-19-2010, 08:31 PM
Wish we had some conclusive word from Anton, I say we just give the spot to Brandon :D but that's just my ten cents worth.

Flav
07-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Wish we had some conclusive word from Anton, I say we just give the spot to Brandon :D but that's just my ten cents worth.

+1.

HawkFan
07-19-2010, 09:24 PM

+2.

iBrandon
07-19-2010, 09:35 PM
+3

I mean I've been pretty active on the forums since I signed up. I'm just saying. =)

Flav
07-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Thats why, I'd rather have someone active rather than someone whos not active.

iBrandon
07-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Brandon! Brandon! Brandon!

For the record - everyone in the league PM'ed me and said I should get the spot. They said they would post here, but didn't want to influence any decision. Just thought I would pass that along...

=)

Jayrah
07-20-2010, 12:29 AM
Brandon! Brandon! Brandon!

For the record - everyone in the league PM'ed me and said I should get the spot. They said they would post here, but didn't want to influence any decision. Just thought I would pass that along...

=)

:D How quaint

morsdraconis
07-20-2010, 12:29 AM
I'm sorry guys. I'm giving him until tomorrow when I wake up. Giving him a fair shake.

Jayrah
07-20-2010, 07:02 AM
Hey Mors. I hate to do this man, but I have to go on and back out of this one. I'm also in the TF - LoC as you know, and it's already started, so I have a commitment there. I just had some stuff happen over the weekend, where I'm gonna need more time with my family to get my relationship on track (well, spiced up). I didn't know if it was as big a problem as it is, so sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but hopefully anton still wants in and he can have my spot with brandon. SORRY GUYS! I'll still keep tabs on the site, but have to do TGTD from the sidelines I'm afraid. Good luck with it.

:sick:
:(

DrManateePhD
07-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Do what you gotta do man, thanks for the heads up, take care.

iBrandon
07-20-2010, 10:33 AM
So me chances are a wee bit better today?

morsdraconis
07-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Hey Mors. I hate to do this man, but I have to go on and back out of this one. I'm also in the TF - LoC as you know, and it's already started, so I have a commitment there. I just had some stuff happen over the weekend, where I'm gonna need more time with my family to get my relationship on track (well, spiced up). I didn't know if it was as big a problem as it is, so sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but hopefully anton still wants in and he can have my spot with brandon. SORRY GUYS! I'll still keep tabs on the site, but have to do TGTD from the sidelines I'm afraid. Good luck with it.

:sick:
:(

Damn Jayrah, that really sucks man. I was really looking forward to fighting for the Big East title with ya.

Well, I hope everything works out man. You're always welcome back if and when things calm down.

Brandon, you are officially in man. You have a choice of any team in the Big East besides WVU and Syracuse or any team in the Big Ten besides Michigan and Indiana.

DrManateePhD
07-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Any word on Anton? Or are we going to extend an invite to another person?

iBrandon
07-20-2010, 11:38 AM
I can't go Big East, sorry. I'll take a team in the Big East. Just give me Penn State.

I have all evening to play, so once I get home today (around 6 pm central) I'll sign in and do my offseason tasks. If we advance to regular season today, I should be able to play as wel.

Thanks again for letting me back in.

Brandon

JBHuskers
07-20-2010, 11:40 AM

I sent him messages on Twitter and Facebook the past couple days and haven't heard back.

morsdraconis
07-20-2010, 11:40 AM

Invite to another person. If we don't find anyone in the near future, then we're just going to go with 11 people.

I can't go Big East, sorry. Give me Penn State.

I'm glad to be back on board. Thanks again.

Sure thing man. Invite is out now and you choose the team.

iBrandon
07-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Invite to another person. If we don't find anyone in the near future, then we're just going to go with 11 people.

Sure thing man. Invite is out now and you choose the team.
Thanks. I'll sign in when I get home from work. Looking forward to kicking this off!

iBrandon
07-20-2010, 12:00 PM
For the Invite - Will I have a invite when I log on to NCAA? Also... will I need a password? Thanks!

morsdraconis
07-20-2010, 12:02 PM
For the Invite - Will I have a invite when I log on to NCAA? Also... will I need a password? Thanks!

Yes, the invite will automatically show up when you go to the online dynasty portion.

And no, you don't need a password.

iBrandon
07-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Sounds good. Looking forward to it.

iBrandon
07-20-2010, 12:56 PM
I was just looking over the rules and settings… are we going to allow auto spring? That’s all I have used since the game released and I love it.

morsdraconis
07-20-2010, 12:57 PM
I was just looking over the rules and settings… are we going to allow auto spring? That’s all I have used since the game released and I love it.

Absolutely. If you wanna use it, by all means, use it.

iBrandon
07-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Are we going to start tonight? Give me good 30-45 minutes to do my recruiting and offseason tasks. So by 7 central at the latest,
I'll be good to go.

Hopefully we start tonight so I can get my game in tonight.

DrManateePhD
07-20-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm very excited to get started, I say we go with 11 if a 12th man doesn't arise before tonight :D

JBHuskers
07-20-2010, 02:18 PM
For those to keep track of when the dynasty is advanced, go into this dynasty on http://dynasty.easports.com and on the left-hand side there is an option for e-mail settings.

iBrandon
07-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Someone want to sign my email up...lol

Site doesnt load correctly at work, so I can't access it.

If someone wants to help...

Thanks,

JBHuskers
07-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Someone want to sign my email up...lol

Site doesnt load correctly at work, so I can't access it.

If someone wants to help,

Thanks,

You actually have to log in under your EA ID and do it....it isn't something that needs to be done at this minute, just something to do to help notify you when the commish has advanced.

iBrandon
07-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Got ya. I'll do it tonight.

I wish the site would work at my job, it doesn't load correctly and gives me this error " Problems with this Web page might prevent it from being displayed properly or functioning properly?

Problems with this Web page might prevent it from being displayed properly or functioning properly? I’ve done a Google search on the problem, but nothing seems to work. This is only with IE though. I downloaded Firefox at work and it worked perfectly…I had to delete Firefox though, as we are not supposed to have it on our hard drive.

lilheavy
07-20-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm very excited to get started, I say we go with 11 if a 12th man doesn't arise before tonight :D
:nod: :))

JBHuskers
07-20-2010, 02:53 PM
:nod: :))

+1

iBrandon
07-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Penn State has done all of their preseason tasks and is ready to advance.

Let's get it on!

morsdraconis
07-20-2010, 05:51 PM
Ok guys. Give me a few hours to get the schedule setup and everything and we'll most likely advance by midnight tonight to the first week of the season.

iBrandon
07-20-2010, 05:58 PM
What are you doing with the schedule, Changing FCS teams ?

DrManateePhD
07-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Hurray!!

morsdraconis
07-20-2010, 06:48 PM
What are you doing with the schedule, Changing FCS teams ?

Yup, and giving everyone at least 3 user vs user games (if I can).

morsdraconis
07-20-2010, 07:09 PM
We are officially in Week 1 of Season 1 fellas.

Welcome to the TGTD!

No user vs user games this week but everyone does have a CPU game. Hoping to get everyone accustomed to the sliders and such without too many loses (cause this sliders will most definitely challenge you).

We are still looking for another member to take over a Big East team. Hopefully we can find someone because, unfortunately, I only have 2 user vs user games because of it.

morsdraconis
07-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Nevermind, we're there.

morsdraconis
07-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Oh yeah, and I lied about CPU games, Miami has a bye. Sorry about that JB.

Flav
07-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Are you ready for some football!!!!!!!!

Solidice
07-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Are you ready for some football!!!!!!!!

nope, baseball.

:rolleyes: :D Football! :))

morsdraconis
07-20-2010, 07:36 PM
So, everyone has 72 hours from now to get the game done (Friday July 23rd @ Midnight). If everyone gets done before then (I really hope so) then we'll advance sooner.

JBHuskers
07-20-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm done LMAO ... (had a bye week)

JBHuskers
07-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Got me a 3* SS right off the bat. He's slow (C+) but is a C in tackling, a B in man coverage, and a B- in zone coverage. Also has a B+ in hit power. #16 rated SS overall 6'6" 217

Solidice
07-20-2010, 08:12 PM
my thoughts on after my first quarter and a half, I'm glad I have Da Rel Scott on my team. he is my entire offense at this point. :D

lilheavy
07-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Got me a 3* SS right off the bat. He's slow (C+) but is a C in tackling, a B in man coverage, and a B- in zone coverage. Also has a B+ in hit power. #16 rated SS overall 6'6" 217

He'll be nice playing inside the box and matching up with TE's in zero coverage when you send the heat!

JBHuskers
07-20-2010, 08:23 PM
He'll be nice playing inside the box and matching up with TE's in zero coverage when you send the heat!

Yeah man he's going to HURT someone.

Flav
07-20-2010, 08:36 PM
Just won the game with 20 seconds left on a TD pass. I was down 15 at the start of the 4th :)

morsdraconis
07-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Just played a heck of a game against Ohio State. Their defense was giving me hell all game so I went more power football and ran it down their throats. Won 31-20 (CPU kicker missed an XP for some reason...) but it should have been 24-20 but I intercepted the ball (to stop them from scoring) and got it on my 4 yardline. I run it up the gut to get some more room and get like 2 yards. I go to swing it outside to give myself just a bit more breathing room so I can kneel it and Devine makes two guys look silly on his way to a 94 yard touchdown run. Good lord I'm going to miss that little dude when he graduates.

iBrandon
07-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Wait, WEst Virgina played Ohio State? Did the schedules get moved around?

morsdraconis
07-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Wait, WEst Virgina played Ohio State? Did the schedules get moved around?

Yes. I changed the schedules to give people harder games and more user vs user games.

Solidice
07-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Maryland out rushes Navy for a 28-14 victory. Dar Rel Scott is easily the player of the game with 22 carries for 222 rushing yards and 3 TDs. Jamarr Robinson played an efficient game going 9-11(81%) for 151 yards and 1 TD. Kenny Tate had 2 Ints for the Maryland defense. Navy couldn't get their running game going for the most part, though they did get over 100 yards. Instead, they tried to pass the ball 21 times, only completing 6 for 73 yards.

iBrandon
07-20-2010, 09:04 PM
Yes. I changed the schedules to give people harder games and more user vs user games.

Got ya.

Did you by any chance take the juggernaut know as the Crimson Tide off my schedule. =)

Flav
07-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Have my first recap up :)

http://is.gd/dA7qy

iBrandon
07-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Anyone do their recruiting online? I did and it;s the first time in all the dynasties I have played in so far or played around in that I didn't get a hard commit my first week. Kind has me wishing I would have waited to do my recruiting in game.

lilheavy
07-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Anyone do their recruiting online? I did and it;s the first time in all the dynasties I have played in so far or played around in that I didn't get a hard commit my first week. Kind has me wishing I would have waited to do my recruiting in game.

I just finished doing mines online and got two instant commits. I'll probably get my game in sometime tomorrow evening.

HawkFan
07-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Mine was online as well and got an instant commit as well.

lilheavy
07-20-2010, 10:12 PM
We are officially in Week 1 of Season 1 fellas.

Welcome to the TGTD!

No user vs user games this week but everyone does have a CPU game. Hoping to get everyone accustomed to the sliders and such without too many loses (cause this sliders will most definitely challenge you).

We are still looking for another member to take over a Big East team. Hopefully we can find someone because, unfortunately, I only have 2 user vs user games because of it.

I see you shy'd away from that week 4 matchup :P

iBrandon
07-20-2010, 10:32 PM
Sounds good. Guess I was being paranoid. LoL

DrManateePhD
07-20-2010, 10:45 PM
Received 2 instant commits from a 3* DE & WR, not a bad start for Kentucky Football :D

morsdraconis
07-21-2010, 12:33 AM
I see you shy'd away from that week 4 matchup :P

:D

I would have gladly kept it, but it made you have 4 user vs user games (and I had to have you have 3 because you were the only user available for Kentucky or someone for their 3rd user game).

I'll gladly live up to my side of the deal next season though. :)

iBrandon
07-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Penn State defeats Boston College 55-21

This was a very weird game for me. This is the biggest win I have had since I played NCAA 11 and in the first half I couldn’t stop BC. I’m not going to do a write up, but here are some notes I took during the game.

Penn State fumbled the opening kickoff, which gave Boston College the ball inside the PSU 15. They scored a few plays later.
On PSU second play of the game, starting running back Royster injures his elbow and is out for the game.
With a little more than 2 minutes to go in the half, inside the BC 3, I run a QB power, get stuffed and end up losing starting QB Newsome for the rest of the game
Next possession for BC, they throw about a 15 yard pass, their player gets hit and fumbles, only to have another BC player scoop it up and run it in for a TD (I have this highlight saved)
Very next play – I was going to run out the half so I go into goaline formation, to my surprise Greene goes 77 yards for the TD.
At the half Boston College QB was 9/10 for 143 yards and 2 TD’s. At the end of the game he was 11/16 for 157 yards and 2 TD’s
I threw 1 time the whole second half. It was on my first drive that was 11 plays and almost ate up 5 minutes. 10 of those were runs.
I had like 42 carries for 356 yards and 5 TDs and only threw 13 times the whole game.
Greene came in for the injured Royster and carried the ball 26 times, 296 yards (I think) and 5 TDs
I couldn’t stop the BC offense in the first half and I was up 27-21… they didn’t score again in the second half.

Like I said, just a weird game. I had so much trouble in the first half, but the 2nd half I was getting a ton of pressure and BC QB couldn’t hit anyone… they had a ton of three and outs and had two turnovers. One was on a kickoff that we picked up and run in for a TD.

iBrandon
07-21-2010, 09:00 AM
We have three teams left -

Kentucky
LSU
Iowa

Iowa just has recruiting left.

DrManateePhD
07-21-2010, 09:50 AM
I'll finish my game tonight, late night in the lab yesterday and when I get home, I see my neighbor over playing my Xbox......dirty bastard :D

morsdraconis
07-21-2010, 10:32 AM
I see my neighbor over playing my Xbox......dirty bastard :D

At least he wasn't playing something else.:eek:

iBrandon
07-21-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm ready for week 2. Week 3 has me playing my first human opponent when face off vs Kentucky.

JBHuskers
07-21-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm ready for week two also, I had a bye in week one :D

iBrandon
07-21-2010, 12:15 PM
I'm ready for week two also, I had a bye in week one :D

LOL I bet. At least you only have to wait a day and half max.

DrManateePhD
07-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Guess we face off in week 3 Brandon :D Can't wait!!

iBrandon
07-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Looks like Kentucky is the only team left. I'll be ready for you come week 3.

LSU whooped UNC 52-3. Wow!

DrManateePhD
07-21-2010, 10:02 PM
My sincerest apologies to you all, I have to resign from the OD, I recently had a close family member pass away and will not be able to dedicate the time needed to be an active participant. I appreciate the opportunity to play along with you all, its just a terrible time for myself and my family right now. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

HawkFan
07-21-2010, 10:24 PM
My sincerest apologies to you all, I have to resign from the OD, I recently had a close family member pass away and will not be able to dedicate the time needed to be an active participant. I appreciate the opportunity to play along with you all, its just a terrible time for myself and my family right now. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

My prayers go out to you, best of luck to you and your family in this trying time.

iBrandon
07-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss.

morsdraconis
07-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss.

+1

Sorry to hear about your loss man.

morsdraconis
07-21-2010, 11:53 PM
We've advanced to Week 2 of the dynasty fellas. Couple bye games and a couple CPU games. Shouldn't take too long. You have until Sunday, July 25th at midnight to finish it up.

And damn you CDJ for taking my offensive lineman! ;)

Flav
07-22-2010, 01:27 AM
Sorry about your loss,

I won 48-31 but I lost Denard Robinson for the year to dislocated elbow. I had to burn Gardner's redshirt :( A part o me died.

Edit, my game didn't save?

morsdraconis
07-22-2010, 01:40 AM
Sorry about your loss,

I won 48-31 but I lost Denard Robinson for the year to dislocated elbow. I had to burn Gardner's redshirt :( A part o me died.

Edit, my game didn't save?

For some reason it looks like it didn't. I'm not even showing the game having been played. Weird.

cdj
07-22-2010, 05:51 AM
mors & crew - Not sure if you saw this, but we've made it easier to access and use our OD Hosting Sub-Forum if we want to create threads and discussion there (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?32-The-Gaming-Tailgate-OD-(360)).

HawkFan
07-22-2010, 08:21 AM
So here is what I get when I try and log into the online dynasty site.

You need to purchase and sign in from the NCAA Football 11 game before you can log in the website. However you are still able to browse through online dynasties. NCAA Football 11 is available July 13th!

If the problem persists, please contact Electronic Arts Customer Support.

cdj
07-22-2010, 08:26 AM
I played my Week 2 game (won big) and am unable to report the results. It worked fine around 7 AM CT when I did my recruiting.

EDIT - From raczilla on twitter: servers are down for a few while the team is working on something. Should be back up shortly.

iBrandon
07-22-2010, 09:11 AM
I'll try to get mine in tonight, if not tomorrow night.

morsdraconis
07-22-2010, 09:30 AM
So here is what I get when I try and log into the online dynasty site.

You need to purchase and sign in from the NCAA Football 11 game before you can log in the website. However you are still able to browse through online dynasties. NCAA Football 11 is available July 13th!

If the problem persists, please contact Electronic Arts Customer Support.

You have the go into the game under the EA Account Settings or something and link your account otherwise, it doesn't know that you have access to that stuff because there's no other way for them to know that you have the game.

morsdraconis
07-22-2010, 09:31 AM
I played my Week 2 game (won big) and am unable to report the results. It worked fine around 7 AM CT when I did my recruiting.

EDIT - From raczilla on twitter: servers are down for a few while the team is working on something. Should be back up shortly.

Damn guys, that REALLY sucks. Have you been able to report it since?

lilheavy
07-22-2010, 09:34 AM
Servers are still down...

morsdraconis
07-22-2010, 09:34 AM
Everyone please try to access this thread and post in it (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?642-Testing) if you can see and post in it please.

That's the donater portion of the dynasty stuff and if so, then we'll be using it from now on to post things.

iBrandon
07-22-2010, 09:42 AM
Can we create a "recruit" thread in the new section? Have guys post when a played as committed to their team. I love reading stuff like that.

cdj
07-22-2010, 09:42 AM
You have the go into the game under the EA Account Settings or something and link your account otherwise, it doesn't know that you have access to that stuff because there's no other way for them to know that you have the game.

Actually the whole server was down for maintenance. It told everyone (when they signed in) they could access the site once they bought the game on July 13. :)

Damn guys, that REALLY sucks. Have you been able to report it since?

Nope.....still sitting on the screen, trying every few minutes....

JBHuskers
07-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Should be able to get my game in tonight.

morsdraconis
07-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Got a bunch of stuff over there now fellas. Might wanna move all discussion over there if possible (hope everyone can see that forum that should be able to).

JBHuskers
07-22-2010, 10:28 AM
I'll just go ahead and close this thread and link the discussion on this last post.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?32-The-Gaming-Tailgate-OD-(360)