PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Doable Things that I would like to see in NCAA 13

rhombic21
09-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Just a handful of things that I'd really like to see the NCAA team do next year. Rather than focusing on big-ticket items or major gameplay changes, these are relatively minor things that should be fairly reasonable to implement.

- Change online ranked games to 6 minute quarters with accelerated clock (like Madden) -- This should make it so that it's not so easy to run the clock out once you get a two possession second half lead, while keeping the game times down to near what they are now.
- In online mode, make it so that you cannot see who the other person is controlling pre-snap (like Madden). -- I just feel that this makes it a lot easier to make adjustments without giving away your play, and it makes it so that the other user can't pre-determine where you're going to control and audible to a play that goes elsewhere.
- Add "on the fly" formation subs (like Madden). Maintain the current pause-mode and out of game way to do formation subs, but add Madden's interface for doing it at the playcall screen also. Would be really useful for online games.
- Add ability to set depth charts offline and have them be used in online games (like Madden).
- When you audible on the field, and the box comes up with all the plays, include the formation name in addition to the name of the play. So instead of saying "HB Dive", have it say "Ace Slot - HB Dive." This would make it a lot easier to know what your audibles are, especially if you're in situations where you have multiple plays with the same name from different formations that are set as an audible. Also, if they ever plan on incorporating Madden's Gameplan feature, the same thing should apply there.
- Change the defensive hot route buttons to be the same as Madden. I just think it's frustrating that the games basically have all the same hot route options, but some of them are mapped to different buttons. This makes it hard for people who want to play both games.
- Add ability to individually shade/press receivers (like Madden).
- Add some sort of button from the depth chart screen that brings up a display box with position relevant ratings. I like that the game has a ton of ratings, but for any given position, only a handful of them are really relevant. It's kind of a pain to scroll over to look at some of the things that are towards the end, so it would be cool if there was some sort of button you could hit that would essentially bring up a text box with only the ratings that the game uses when it calculates an overall rating for that position.

- Add a "scrimmage mode" -- Probably the most ambitious item, but basically I would like to be able to "practice" (i.e. lab plays) under game-like situations. For instance, right now you can't get play action plays to be "set up" in practice mode, and you can't use gameplan features in practice mode, which makes it a pain to figure out how these things work under various situations. You basically have to start up an exhibition game. I think it would be cool if they had some mode where you could essentially start out with the ball on the 20 and run a "drive," where you essentially call plays to try and pick up first downs and score like a regular game (or vice-versa if you're on defense). But when the drive ends (turnover, stop, score), the ball goes back to the 20 and a new "drive" starts. Would essentially be an expedited game mode that would be a nice middle point between practice mode and playing an actual game. And if you only want to work on offense or defense, this is a lot easier than having to play a game with special team plays and both sides of the ball.

Pig Bomb
09-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Just a handful of things that I'd really like to see the NCAA team do next year. Rather than focusing on big-ticket items or major gameplay changes, these are relatively minor things that should be fairly reasonable to implement.

- Change online ranked games to 6 minute quarters with accelerated clock (like Madden) -- This should make it so that it's not so easy to run the clock out once you get a two possession second half lead, while keeping the game times down to near what they are now.
- In online mode, make it so that you cannot see who the other person is controlling pre-snap (like Madden). -- I just feel that this makes it a lot easier to make adjustments without giving away your play, and it makes it so that the other user can't pre-determine where you're going to control and audible to a play that goes elsewhere.
- Add "on the fly" formation audibles (like Madden). Maintain the current pause-mode and out of game way to do formation subs, but add Madden's interface for doing it at the playcall screen also. Would be really useful for online games.
- Add ability to set depth charts offline and have them be used in online games (like Madden).
- When you audible on the field, and the box comes up with all the plays, include the formation name in addition to the name of the play. So instead of saying "HB Dive", have it say "Ace Slot - HB Dive." This would make it a lot easier to know what your audibles are, especially if you're in situations where you have multiple plays with the same name from different formations that are set as an audible. Also, if they ever plan on incorporating Madden's Gameplan feature, the same thing should apply there.
- Change the defensive hot route buttons to be the same as Madden. I just think it's frustrating that the games basically have all the same hot route options, but some of them are mapped to different buttons. This makes it hard for people who want to play both games.
- Add ability to individually shade/press receivers (like Madden).
- Add some sort of button from the depth chart screen that brings up a display box with position relevant ratings. I like that the game has a ton of ratings, but for any given position, only a handful of them are really relevant. It's kind of a pain to scroll over to look at some of the things that are towards the end, so it would be cool if there was some sort of button you could hit that would essentially bring up a text box with only the ratings that the game uses when it calculates an overall rating for that position.

- Add a "scrimmage mode" -- Probably the most ambitious item, but basically I would like to be able to "practice" (i.e. lab plays) under game-like situations. For instance, right now you can't get play action plays to be "set up" in practice mode, and you can't use gameplan features in practice mode, which makes it a pain to figure out how these things work under various situations. You basically have to start up an exhibition game. I think it would be cool if they had some mode where you could essentially start out with the ball on the 20 and run a "drive," where you essentially call plays to try and pick up first downs and score like a regular game (or vice-versa if you're on defense). But when the drive ends (turnover, stop, score), the ball goes back to the 20 and a new "drive" starts. Would essentially be an expedited game mode that would be a nice middle point between practice mode and playing an actual game. And if you only want to work on offense or defense, this is a lot easier than having to play a game with special team plays and both sides of the ball.

i like all your ppoints... the BOLD part is a biggie for me and one of the reasons I do not play Madden...it will screw me up! button pressing needs to be like instinct, you can't be thinking about what button to press.... same buttons both games, I buy Madden easy!

ram29jackson
09-06-2011, 06:07 PM
would be nice to see to a degree... I was thinking that packages should be able to bring in different linemen and you should be able to pre set packages like you do formation subs..so for the first couple downs you bring in primarily run blockers and so on

JeffHCross
09-06-2011, 08:28 PM
- Add "on the fly" formation audibles (like Madden). Maintain the current pause-mode and out of game way to do formation subs, but add Madden's interface for doing it at the playcall screen also. Would be really useful for online games.Could you expand on this? I'm not familiar with it. Is it similar to the "Quick Audible" feature that last gen had (where you could set your overall audibles on the fly at the playcall screen)?

Definitely agree with the rest of your list.

Dr Death
09-06-2011, 08:48 PM
so for the first couple downs you bring in primarily run blockers

Dude... that's so 1980's... :D :D :D

rhombic21
09-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Could you expand on this? I'm not familiar with it. Is it similar to the "Quick Audible" feature that last gen had (where you could set your overall audibles on the fly at the playcall screen)?

Definitely agree with the rest of your list.

Wait, I meant on the fly formation subs. Sorry for the mistype.

AustinWolv
09-07-2011, 07:54 AM
I like the scrimmage mode the best. Add in the ability to lab sliders in that mode, and it would be a great help.

JeffHCross
09-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Wait, I meant on the fly formation subs. Sorry for the mistype.Oh, then I totally agree.

Would like to see some kind of "Quick Audibles" return too. I'd use Audibles a lot more if I was able to change them from the playcall screen.

psuexv
09-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Would like to see some kind of "Quick Audibles" return too. I'd use Audibles a lot more if I was able to change them from the playcall screen.

:+1: This was an awesome feature in last gen. It was nice to go into playcalling and pretty much select 2 to 3 plays that you could audible to once your read the defense.

Quo
09-08-2011, 09:41 AM
I don't disagree with anything you've asked for, but what I'd really like to see is a way to:

1) Resume online games that are disconnected. I don't mind losing a few plays, maybe going back to the end of the last quarter.
2) A way to back up you online dynasty locally that won't corrupt your actual dynasty so that when EA inevitably jacks your dynasty around you can restore it.
3) fix the lag in the kicking meters and in the menus during online play.

All these things have been problems for several iterations of the game and really put a hamper on the gaming experience.

AustinWolv
09-08-2011, 10:35 AM
3) fix the lag in the kicking meters and in the menus during online play.
Great point. Include the lag in gameplay also.

I OU a Beatn
09-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Yes, for the second year in a row NCAA is laggy as hell 90% of the time while Madden is smooth as can be 90% of the time.

psusnoop
09-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Yes, for the second year in a row NCAA is laggy as hell 90% of the time while Madden is smooth as can be 90% of the time.

My 2 online games last night in madden was a huge lag fest. I don't think this is just an NCAA issue or as big of a difference as your making it seem.

Almost all of my lag was on special team play for madden just for the record.

I OU a Beatn
09-08-2011, 12:10 PM
It's a huge difference. In NCAA, there is a constant feeling of slowdown. It absolutely never goes away. Out of 30 games on Madden, I've experienced it less than 5 times. The other 25 or so games were extremely close to the quality that you get offline. The same thing existed last year. The connection quality on Madden '11 was far ahead that of NCAA '11. In fact, the connection quality on Madden '11 was better than what Madden '12 is.

oweb26
09-08-2011, 12:31 PM
I don't disagree with anything you've asked for, but what I'd really like to see is a way to:

1) Resume online games that are disconnected. I don't mind losing a few plays, maybe going back to the end of the last quarter- ( This will never happen, if you lag out of an online shooter do you expect for the game to continue at the same point with the same score)
2) A way to back up you online dynasty locally that won't corrupt your actual dynasty so that when EA inevitably jacks your dynasty around you can restore it.-(They should just let you save it again like last year, I know some people abused it but it was actually functional, but for the record you can get the save file from the file managment menu)
3) fix the lag in the kicking meters and in the menus during online play- (As much as it pains me I have to agree with IOU NCAA online is some of the laggiest shit I have ever played (on XBOX not counting PS3 titles :) ).

All these things have been problems for several iterations of the game and really put a hamper on the gaming experience.

See above.

JeffHCross
09-09-2011, 08:40 PM
See above.While I agree with you that a "resume" function is unlikely, I wouldn't say that it will "never happen". If EA included the ability to save games in-progress (something the community has and will continue to ask for), then that technology could be leveraged to allow games to restart at certain points. For example the end of the previous quarter, like Quo suggested.

It's not something I'd expect to see, but it's not something I'd be surprised to see either.

GatorfanStovy
09-16-2011, 08:14 PM
We don't Need NCAA to be like Madden it should be the other way around as far as game play goes but some of your point do make sense.

Pig Bomb
09-17-2011, 07:51 AM
I was looking at this thread again today and the title of it..."Extremely Doable Things that I would like to see in NCAA 13"

Extremely Doable Things...hmmmm

this is EA NCAA right?

:dunno:

keyser soze
09-17-2011, 09:43 AM
I would like it to be PLAYABLE 2 months after I bought it. As it stands right now I can not even start a dynasty from scratch without getting the "TRANSFER FAILED" message.... so I am asking for something that I can PLAY in dynasty mode during the REAL LIFE football season. Hard to believe I even need to ask for this.