12-19-2011, 06:14 PM
Big Ben will start tonight afterall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

SmoothPancakes
12-19-2011, 06:17 PM
Tell that to Ben's hero, John Elway.

YOU said he's beat up, not me.

Yep. 37 year old Elway would like to say something about 29 and older being on the down side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpJaJM4Cy8o

ram29jackson
12-19-2011, 07:10 PM
25 Super Bowl winning quarterbacks (55.6%) were age 29 or older when they won. Again, you are WRONG.

http://football.about.com/cs/superbowl/a/sbquarterbacks.htm

LOL dude, I did not debate whether they can be successful on a team sport after 29 or not..its a physical fact that you are better at your physical skills at 25 than 29, thats all. Just because 55% of QBs in 46 games were 29 or older doesnt make it the/a norm or even a good thing, they just choose to beat up their bodies longer....Ben,Favre and Elway are exceptions, not the rule, in the life span of a football player and athlete.

..and yes, Ben is beat up, he crashes his bike, walks into walls , he's pretty accident prone LOL

steelerfan
12-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Favre didn't win one after 29. :fp:

For you to suggest that a QB is at his best at age 26 is flat out dumb.

steelerfan
12-19-2011, 07:32 PM
And what the fuck are you talking about that he walks into walls and trees? He crashed when some dumbass old lady ran a stop light. The other shit is in your imagination.

An accident that isn't your fault makes you accident-prone?

I'm done with this. You are brain dead.

steelerfan
12-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Thank goodness that someone fixed the lights that accident-prone Ben knocked out.

Game on.

ram29jackson
12-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Favre didn't win one after 29. :fp:

For you to suggest that a QB is at his best at age 26 is flat out dumb.

I didnt say mental best at 26, I said physical best. 26 is better than 29 and always will be on a physical level. Favre not winning a SB after 29 has nothing to do with it.. I said they are the exception of having long successful careers in a sport that beats the crap out of people..if anything though, bringing up Favre proves my point more than it detracts from it because he didnt get there again.

...dang, a power outage in San Fran..looks like they are back up again though

ram29jackson
12-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Thank goodness that someone fixed the lights that accident-prone Ben knocked out.

Game on.

no, it was probably a *** militant football fan..or a *** antifootball fan..its San Fran, there was some sort of *** involved in what ever the problem was

ram29jackson
12-19-2011, 07:46 PM
delayed till 6 pm pst......

skipwondah33
12-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Again I don't know if you want to risk it to Ben..playoffs are big picture.

Hopefully it's a blowout of some sort so he can be rested

SmoothPancakes
12-19-2011, 07:55 PM
no, it was probably a *** militant football fan..or a *** antifootball fan..its San Fran, there was some sort of *** involved in what ever the problem was

Wow. :smh: :fp:

ram29jackson
12-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Wow. :smh: :fp:

:Pits just a joke LOL ..just a freakin' joke :P just an obvious San Fran Cliche:D

ram29jackson
12-19-2011, 08:46 PM
power outage :bang: ..seems appropriate to call the place Candlestick park with no lights...

SmoothPancakes
12-19-2011, 11:12 PM
So now, was it really worth it to have Big Ben play tonight instead of sitting out the entire game resting?

skipwondah33
12-19-2011, 11:29 PM
So now, was it really worth it to have Big Ben play tonight instead of sitting out the entire game resting?

Nope..he was limping at the start of the game just as he was last week. Didn't look any better at all

And it's not going to feel any better come next week.

ram29jackson
12-19-2011, 11:31 PM
for the record, I picked Pitt to win on my ESPN pickem, but I also didnt know Ben was that injured..I'm pre occupied by life as it is right now.

skipwondah33
12-19-2011, 11:35 PM
Had no business playing..know it's a big game but I'll take my chances with our defense and a healthy QB on the road in the playoffs over this particular game tonight

SmoothPancakes
12-19-2011, 11:52 PM
Nope..he was limping at the start of the game just as he was last week. Didn't look any better at all

And it's not going to feel any better come next week.

Had no business playing..know it's a big game but I'll take my chances with our defense and a healthy QB on the road in the playoffs over this particular game tonight

Yep. He couldn't even scramble when the pocket collapsed, he had to throw it away and or try and force throws into coverage. The defense didn't even have to keep people to contain Big Ben, because he wasn't running no matter what. Every pass, all they had to do was keep three or four guys down to provide pressure, and drop the rest back into coverage. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot with having him play.

steelerfan
12-20-2011, 12:03 AM
I'm fine with Ben playing. You had a chance to seize the top seed, and you have to take it.

The Steelers are already in the playoffs. They have the Rams and the Browns remaining. They can sit Ben, if needed, and still have a shot at winning both of those games. If they catch a break, and Baltimore loses at Cincinnati, they could still end up as the 2 seed (a Patriots loss is almost unthinkable to get Pittsburgh back to #1, the Pats play Miami and Buffalo).

Now, Ben can sit for 2 weeks before the playoffs. They will likely end up at #5 and play at the AFC West winner in the Wildcard round.

SmoothPancakes
12-20-2011, 12:45 AM
I realize you have to take the chance, but with the way he was playing tonight, I honestly think they would have been better off, and been more competitive with the backup in there all game than with Big Ben.

skipwondah33
12-20-2011, 07:48 AM
Yeah I don't think he should have played. He didn't make the team any better by being out there barely being able to move. The strength of his game and the offense relies on his ability to move if the line does not protect...which they really didn't against the Niners rush. So knowing this going in and how he was moving prior there is no way he was doing better than he was after he injured it. His movement looked the exact same.

Now it was a crucial opportunity and if he was really doing better (movement wise) and believed he could still be a factor than I'm all fine for it. But he wasn't and they are still in the same position as they were with 2 games still remaining. Now unless some havoc unfolds and the Pats and Ravens lose 1 or their next 2 or both by chance with the Steelers winning then hey no problem. In all likelihood the Steelers will play the Broncos 1st round in Denver which I'm fine with also but Ryan Clark won't be playing that game.

JBHuskers
12-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Hindsight is 20/20 now. I think he should have played, but as soon as you could see the line couldn't hold and he couldn't do his usual escapability, he should have been pulled after the 2nd delay.

steelerfan
12-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Hindsight is 20/20 now. I think he should have played, but as soon as you could see the line couldn't hold and he couldn't do his usual escapability, he should have been pulled after the 2nd delay.

I wouldn't have pulled him out until it was 20-3. I don't think he should have finished the game.

psusnoop
12-20-2011, 10:10 AM
I wouldn't have pulled him out until it was 20-3. I don't think he should have finished the game.

If he can play play this isn't tiddliwinks here guys. He didn't cost the Steelers the game and had that punt catch interference been called correctly the game may have been reshaped, not to mention the (alleged) flag for jumping on the back or body of a fellow teammate on a FG(or PAT) that got called on Timmons when the REF was right behind him :fp: at 16-3 it would have been still a ball game and given the Steelers a slight chance albeit a small one.

Yep I'm bitter and pissed still :D:D

steelerfan
12-20-2011, 10:19 AM
It was 6-0 when that phantom kick catch interference was called. Pittsburgh would have had the ball inside the SF 25. That may have changed things dramatically.

But, horseshit calls are part of the NFL.

psusnoop
12-20-2011, 10:21 AM
It was 6-0 when that phantom kick catch interference was called. Pittsburgh would have had the ball inside the SF 25. That may have changed things dramatically.

But, horseshit calls are part of the NFL.

This :+1:

morsdraconis
12-20-2011, 10:24 AM
As a Redskins fan, it seems like we always get one or two on us a game (like that bullshit roughing the passer pansy bullshit against London Fletcher on Tom Brady last week - complete and utter bullshit).

skipwondah33
12-20-2011, 11:15 AM
If he can play play this isn't tiddliwinks here guys. He didn't cost the Steelers the game
Actually he may have. He wasn't effective and hurt the offense by not being able to play to what he is capable of. We know the offensive line isn't the strongest in the league so if he couldn't move that well it was only a matter of time before things started breaking down. Each of his 3 interceptions led to points, granted that 1 TD after the penalty was garbage he still should have been pulled after his 2nd pick at the latest.

Not saying Batch would did any better but certainly better than a hobbled player against one of the best defenses in the league that happens to pressure the QB the most.

He's not the sole reason the Steelers lost. Credit the 49er defense, their offensive line and their punter too. The defense just had the edge being able to attack an injured QB who couldn't move and who relies on mobility as his strength when throwing majority of the time.

steelerfan
12-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Batch is as immobile as Ben was, plus Batch can't throw like Ben.

I don't ever want the attitude of "sit Ben and settle for the 5 seed. As long as Ben is healthy for the playoffs, I will concede having to win 3 road games to reach the Super Bowl."

No.

There is a huge difference between winning 2 home games and winning 3 road games. They had to take their shot.

Coach Tomlin said, during his press conference today, "we don't live in our fears, we live in our hopes."

I'm good with that. Sitting Ben last night would have been settling for #5.

ram29jackson
12-20-2011, 02:14 PM
He didn't cost the Steelers the game

LOL yes he did..you can bend the numbers all you want but he is the main reason they lost..the most important player on the field was useless/completely ineffective when it counted..that also shows how deceiving stats are in the pass happy era, he actually had a good day with passing stats but they amounted to nothing....an away game and 2 power outages and not having a certain suspended defensive star dont help either

ram29jackson
12-20-2011, 02:18 PM
As a Redskins fan, it seems like we always get one or two on us a game (like that bullshit roughing the passer pansy bullshit against London Fletcher on Tom Brady last week - complete and utter bullshit).

no,the Redskins problem is a control freak coach and still not having a quality QB LOL..hey, I want the redskins to do well again too ya' know !! an old school original franchise with a classic logo

skipwondah33
12-20-2011, 03:32 PM
LOL yes he did..you can bend the numbers all you want but he is the main reason they lost..the most important player on the field was useless/completely ineffective when it counted..that also shows how deceiving stats are in the pass happy era, he actually had a good day with passing stats but they amounted to nothing....an away game and 2 power outages and not having a certain suspended defensive star dont help either
We don't agree on quite a few things but this I agree with you on surprisingly lol

Ben is pretty effective throwing the ball deep which is part of the offense getting the ball to Wallace and Brown. Now San Francisco did a good job with their coverage but they eventually were able to shrink the field and make Ben settle for short throws. He was 28.6% or 4-14 in passes 14 yards or more. His 3 interceptions came from that range, not to mention the missed TD pass to Wallace. He simply couldn't plant and follow through on his passes.

I know Batch isn't mobile but he isn't mobile due to that not being an ability at this point, not because he is physically unable of being mobile. Ben was physically unable to run lastnight, to avoid the rush to get out of the pocket and make something happen. That changed the entire complexity of his game. It forced him to literally stand there and hope someone gets open. It made the difference in his throws and the sacks/pressure given up. There is a difference between rushing someone who is not mobile vs rushing someone who can't move or plant very well to throw.

Have two very winnable games left. Take care of business in these two, hope the Ravens drop 1 or their 2 games. Then hope Ben gets healthy for a playoff run.

skipwondah33
12-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Sooo..reports are that Ben may sit the remainder of the regular season to rest and hopefully heal up for playoffs.

Batch would likely get the start but could be pulled if he is shown ineffective or the line can't protect him.

skipwondah33
01-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Damn Mendenhall torn ACL

Redman and Clay have to step up. Know Mendenhall was having a down year but still like his reliable ball carrying and big play ability when he's not tip toeing to and through the line

psusnoop
01-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Really hoping Redman has a coming out against the Broncos and Clay can be serviceable as well!

ram29jackson
01-05-2012, 01:14 PM
nah, Pittsburgh is toast now..they can possibly get past the first round but that will be it for them

steelerfan
01-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Really hoping Redman has a coming out against the Broncos and Clay can be serviceable as well!

Heard several anal-ysts pick Redman to have a huge weekend and be the talk of the Wildcard round.

We'll see.

Mike Florio calls the Bungles vs Tex-anns game "the game between 2 teams who have no chance of advancing".

morsdraconis
01-07-2012, 10:45 AM
And Florio is a fuckin' moron as well. Is it the Texans' fault that they are on QB#3? And the Bengals have the highest chance of winning that game anyway. Hell, as crazy as the AFC is right now, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bengals and Denver meet each other in the conference championship game. The AFC is WAY down because of injuries and poor team management.

steelerfan
01-07-2012, 11:02 AM
And Florio is a fuckin' moron as well. Is it the Texans' fault that they are on QB#3? And the Bengals have the highest chance of winning that game anyway. Hell, as crazy as the AFC is right now, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bengals and Denver meet each other in the conference championship game. The AFC is WAY down because of injuries and poor team management.

When did Florio say, "it's the Texans' fault"?

So you're picking the Bengals and Broncos to meet in the AFC Championship, or just flapping your gums? Because there is NO chance that they play each other in that game. None. Zero.

morsdraconis
01-07-2012, 11:38 AM
When did Florio say, "it's the Texans' fault"?

So you're picking the Bengals and Broncos to meet in the AFC Championship, or just flapping your gums? Because there is NO chance that they play each other in that game. None. Zero.

Florio is a fuckin' moron. Plain and simple. Complaining about a PLAYOFF game by saying that neither team has a chance of advancing is bullshit. You don't get to the playoffs by LUCK.

Also, to say there is ZERO chance is just stupid. How much of a chance did anyone give the Giants to making the Super Bowl a few years back? How about Pittsburgh a few years back?

It's a proven fact that, when it comes to the playoffs, if a team can get hot, they can make some noise in the playoffs. Cincinnati has a great running game and a defense that can create turnovers. Same goes for the Broncos. It's a great formula to make some noise in the playoffs.

As for picking those teams to be in the AFC Championship game, what part of me saying I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED TO SEE means I'm picking anything? Truthfully, I don't care who plays and wins in the AFC Championship. They'll most likely lose to whoever they play from the NFC. The NFC is just stronger in every phase right now.

steelerfan
01-07-2012, 12:06 PM
The Bengals are 0-1 against Houston, 0-1 against Denver, 0-2 against Pittsburgh, and 0-2 against Baltimore. They also lost to San Francisco.

0-7 against playoff teams. Yet, they're going to the AFC title game? Surprised, or not, good luck with that.

SmoothPancakes
01-07-2012, 12:40 PM
My guess is it's going to be Pittsburgh, Baltimore or New England in the AFC Championship game. Honestly, I have to agree with mors, there is just no one in the AFC who makes me think they have what it takes to beat the NFC champion. I think it's Green Bay's or New Orleans' title to lose.

baseballplyrmvp
01-07-2012, 12:45 PM
colts will draft andrew luck with the #1 pick (http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7435726/indianapolis-colts-draft-andrew-luck-stanford-cardinal-no-1-pick-sources-say).

so then, do you trade peyton manning and load up for the future? or keep peyton, and have luck sit behind him for a year?

steelerfan
01-07-2012, 12:58 PM
My guess is it's going to be Pittsburgh, Baltimore or New England in the AFC Championship game. Honestly, I have to agree with mors, there is just no one in the AFC who makes me think they have what it takes to beat the NFC champion. I think it's Green Bay's or New Orleans' title to lose.

I'd say it's Green Bay's to lose.

New Orleans is fantastic, no doubt, but they may have to win at San Francisco and at Green Bay consecutively. Similarly, Pittsburgh may have to win at New England and Baltimore consecutively. That's an awful lot to ask of anyone.

SmoothPancakes
01-07-2012, 01:07 PM
I'd say it's Green Bay's to lose.

New Orleans is fantastic, no doubt, but they may have to win at San Francisco and at Green Bay consecutively. Similarly, Pittsburgh may have to win at New England and Baltimore consecutively. That's an awful lot to ask of anyone.

Yeah, I'd say it's easily Green Bay's to lose. If they should happen to trip up somewhere, then it's New Orleans to lose, then it I'd be tempted to go with a tie between San Francisco and the AFC Winner.

ram29jackson
01-07-2012, 03:33 PM
you guys are so gullible..Florio is a media person, he understands saying something to get a reaction and make news as much as the rest of them. he full well knows, especially in the last few years, how a wildcard can effectively,unsurprisingly, move up. its about getting a reaction, he doesnt give a damn if he ends up being right or not

ram29jackson
01-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I'd say it's easily Green Bay's to lose. If they should happen to trip up somewhere, then it's New Orleans to lose, then it I'd be tempted to go with a tie between San Francisco and the AFC Winner.

LOL New Orleans is this years version of the old Dan Fouts Chargers..way too shaky a team to rely on if the O doesnt score enough.. The Giants and the Packers are the teams to watch for

steelerfan
01-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Because there is NO chance that they play each other in that game. None. Zero.

Confirmed. ;)

SmoothPancakes
01-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Well I could have told you that. No matter how much things change, there are always two things that stay exactly the same. The Browns will always be the Browns, and the Bungals will always be the Bungals.

ram29jackson
01-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Well I could have told you that. No matter how much things change, there are always two things that stay exactly the same. The Browns will always be the Browns, and the Bungals will always be the Bungals.

the Bengals disagree, they have been to 2 Super Bowls

..the Browns did rank 5th in Defense this year if I remember correctly...? thats nothing to sneeze at

SmoothPancakes
01-08-2012, 09:49 AM
the Bengals disagree, they have been to 2 Super Bowls

..the Browns did rank 5th in Defense this year if I remember correctly...? thats nothing to sneeze at

Yeah, sure, over two decades ago. Since then, what have they done? Pretty much sucked it up. They have made the playoffs four times since that 1988 season. One time they have managed to make it to the divisional round (back in the 1990 season, still over two decades ago), all other three times, they lost in the wild card. All the other seasons, they either went 8-8 or sucked it up with a bunch of 3 or 4 win seasons. They made the playoffs this year, they lost in the wild card, got bitchslapped. It was the Bungals being the Bungals.

Same with the Browns. No one gives a damn if the Browns ranked 5th in Defense if the team goes 4-12. They sucked it up, like always. It was the Browns being the Browns.

SmoothPancakes
01-08-2012, 02:34 PM
This year's wild card round sucks. All blowouts, no good games.

ram29jackson
01-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Yeah, sure, over two decades ago. Since then, what have they done? Pretty much sucked it up. They have made the playoffs four times since that 1988 season. One time they have managed to make it to the divisional round (back in the 1990 season, still over two decades ago), all other three times, they lost in the wild card. All the other seasons, they either went 8-8 or sucked it up with a bunch of 3 or 4 win seasons. They made the playoffs this year, they lost in the wild card, got bitchslapped. It was the Bungals being the Bungals.

Same with the Browns. No one gives a damn if the Browns ranked 5th in Defense if the team goes 4-12. They sucked it up, like always. It was the Browns being the Browns.

not every team can win every year,and of course fans want stuff-now-now-now..but if you actually make it to a SB twice in a 46 year period, you are doing damn good. Being one of 28 or 32 or how many ever teams, the odds on not being eliminated before the final 2 are very big.

cubs fans are hurt at not making it for over 100 years, but with amount of teams and years involved, you really cant complain till about 900 years later if you never mame it.

and Atlanta will never go further unless they get homefield advantage throughout the playoffs LOL

Eli is fantastic

SmoothPancakes
01-08-2012, 02:52 PM
not every team can win every year,and of course fans want stuff-now-now-now..but if you actually make it to a SB twice in a 46 year period, you are doing damn good. Being one of 28 or 32 or how many ever teams, the odds on not being eliminated before the final 2 are very big.

cubs fans are hurt at not making it for over 100 years, but with amount of teams and years involved, you really cant complain till about 900 years later if you never mame it.

and Atlanta will never go further unless they get homefield advantage throughout the playoffs LOL

Eli is fantastic

True, but look at all the teams that have been to the Super Bowl 4 or 5 or 6 or 8 times. While making it twice in a 46 year period may seem decent, when you have teams that have been there 5+ times, and have won 5+ times, just making it twice in 46 years doesn't seem all that special. :P

And even that won't save Atlanta. The Falcons had homefield advantage throughout the playoffs last year, and they still got bitchslapped and embarrassed by Green Bay in the divisional round last year.

JeffHCross
01-08-2012, 02:57 PM
you really cant complainLogic. You're trying to use logic when talking about sports fans? ;)

ram29jackson
01-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Logic. You're trying to use logic when talking about sports fans? ;)

..I realize that too..LOL

some people are a little overboard trying to combine civic pride with entertainment value...there are human elements you can never quantify but will always be a factor

presently 6-0 Steelers, in Denver

ram29jackson
01-08-2012, 05:03 PM
the number 1 defense has no secondary coverage in the first half

CLW
01-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Tebow Time. Really surprised the Steelers felt the need to 100% commit to the run EVERY SINGLE PLAY which allowed Tebow to torch the CBs all game long.

SmoothPancakes
01-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Tebow Time baby!

skipwondah33
01-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Tebow Time. Really surprised the Steelers felt the need to 100% commit to the run EVERY SINGLE PLAY which allowed Tebow to torch the CBs all game long.

Believe Mundy made a mistake on that play. Ike Taylor gave Thomas an inside release where Mundy was supposed to be playing...but he felt the need to show blitz then not run back to his assigned area of doubling Thomas in the inside.

Really missed Clark of all the players who were injured/did not play (other than Roethlisburger). Clark controls the secondary and allows Troy to play the way he does. Mundy has 1-2 starts to his name for his career and he looked lost for most of the game.

SmoothPancakes
01-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Ike Taylor, in my opinion, played HORRIBLE today. It seemed every pass of 40+ that Denver threw, Ike Taylor was there and was getting burned by Thomas or whoever else. Either that, or he was committing penalties that kept Denver's offense moving.

baseballplyrmvp
01-08-2012, 10:14 PM
this time next year, denver will be looking for a new qb.

steelerfan
01-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Taylor had a bad game, yes. But I felt that the problem was the lack of adjustment by the Steelers in the 2nd quarter. With 4 of your front 7 out, you eventually have to accept that you aren't going to generate a pass rush and eventually someone will get open - wide open. At some point, you have to play some 2-deep and keep guys in front of you if you can't get to the quarterback.

Taylor had a great season, and should have been voted to the Pro Bowl. It's a shame that this will be what people talk about when they talk about his season or his ability.

steelerfan
01-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Before the playoffs, I figured that the Super Bowl would be Green Bay and Baltimore.

While I see New England, New Orleans, and San Francisco as strong contenders, I still think it will be the Packers and Ravens.

morsdraconis
01-08-2012, 11:32 PM
You just couldn't beat them so everyone would shut up about him could you? Motherfucker, I have to listen to this shit for another week...

Maybe the world really is ending in 2012... :fp:

SmoothPancakes
01-09-2012, 12:23 AM
You just couldn't beat them so everyone would shut up about him could you? Motherfucker, I have to listen to this shit for another week...

You have to admit though, he showed he can throw the ball with authority tonight and can make more than just 4th quarter comeback plays. If he keeps his confidence that he showed tonight, and gets the entire offseason to work with Elway and the coaches, gets a full round of minicamps, passing camps, preseason, etc to work on his passing game and work on everything else, he could potentially become a good and consistent QB. Not saying he's going to be the next Aaron Rodgers or the next Tom Brady and win 4 or 5 Super Bowls or something, but he could become a pretty solid starting QB.

psuexv
01-09-2012, 08:56 AM
Ike Taylor, in my opinion, played HORRIBLE today. It seemed every pass of 40+ that Denver threw, Ike Taylor was there and was getting burned by Thomas or whoever else. Either that, or he was committing penalties that kept Denver's offense moving.

Taylor had a bad game, yes. But I felt that the problem was the lack of adjustment by the Steelers in the 2nd quarter. With 4 of your front 7 out, you eventually have to accept that you aren't going to generate a pass rush and eventually someone will get open - wide open. At some point, you have to play some 2-deep and keep guys in front of you if you can't get to the quarterback.

Taylor had a great season, and should have been voted to the Pro Bowl. It's a shame that this will be what people talk about when they talk about his season or his ability.

Yep, when you are committing 8 or 9 to the run and asking your CBs to man up you can't ask them to cover for 7 seconds. There's no corner in the NFL that can stick with a WR on everyplay with that amount of time. Definitely need to back off of the gameplan after Hampton and Keisel went down. We got no pressure after that.

psuexv
01-09-2012, 08:57 AM

Fuck it... I hope they go to the Super Bowl now :D

skipwondah33
01-09-2012, 09:08 AM

I agree with that he had a very solid season and should have been voted to the Pro Bowl. Last night was all on him, just a combination of not being able to get any rush and asking the secondary to cover for over 4-5 seconds. That and the zero coverage game plan didn't work very well.

SmoothPancakes
01-09-2012, 09:14 AM
Yep, when you are committing 8 or 9 to the run and asking your CBs to man up you can't ask them to cover for 7 seconds. There's no corner in the NFL that can stick with a WR on everyplay with that amount of time. Definitely need to back off of the gameplan after Hampton and Keisel went down. We got no pressure after that.

I agree with that he had a very solid season and should have been voted to the Pro Bowl. Last night was all on him, just a combination of not being able to get any rush and asking the secondary to cover for over 4-5 seconds. That and the zero coverage game plan didn't work very well.

And to their credit, Demaryius Thomas and Eddie Royal (and Eric Decker before he was injured) have some serious speed to them, especially Thomas, so trying to stay with them all game long, I'll give him credit for how much he did manage to do during the game. He at least was able to keep Thomas from running all over him all game long, just got burnt and gave up those 4 big passes to Thomas that cost them.

skipwondah33
01-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Still think Mundy was out of place on that play because Ike gave Thomas inside position entirely too easy. Other than that I'm not sure what Mundy was doing, hell Troy wasn't even that close. On the other Thomas catch he roasted Ike pretty good on that double move, shit was vicious. Then the other long pass Tebow had time to make a ham sandwich first, with exta mayo then hit DT deep down field.

That Eddie Royal TD was just a helluva catch. *** had him covered pretty good on it.

edit: Just read that Mundy all but said he F'd up his assignment. Like I figured he did

steelerfan
01-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Yeah. Tomlin even said Mundy was out of position in his post game presser last night.

As for William ***, that was great coverage on the first touchdown. It was also a fantastic catch.

However, I can't let him completely off the hook. He had the boundary as a second defender and he has to look for the ball. That small portion of that play looked like his bad habit reappearing from 2010.

ram29jackson
01-09-2012, 03:54 PM
You have to admit though, he showed he can throw the ball with authority tonight and can make more than just 4th quarter comeback plays. If he keeps his confidence that he showed tonight, and gets the entire offseason to work with Elway and the coaches, gets a full round of minicamps, passing camps, preseason, etc to work on his passing game and work on everything else, he could potentially become a good and consistent QB. Not saying he's going to be the next Aaron Rodgers or the next Tom Brady and win 4 or 5 Super Bowls or something, but he could become a pretty solid starting QB.

who says he isnt already? he's still young, still needs to develop, so what else is new..he's in the pros,getting paid and getting wins..Sammy Baugh threw an ugly ball but he still played...Bernie Kosar threw a lame side arm but he won many games.. Flutie played many years in 2 leagues, the NFL was dumb to let him go...Tebow is fine and will have a job somewhere next year if Elway still thinks he wants something else....

ram29jackson
01-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Yeah. Tomlin even said Mundy was out of position in his post game presser last night.

Tapatalk

excuses,excuses, the Steelers didnt gameplan for the deep balls thrown in regulation time because they didnt respect Tebow's arm and thats just another facter that hurt them..the Steelers made the game interesting late but they were backpedaling most of the game....I agree with the possible packers-Ravens match up...but the Giants V Packers game is the real Super Bowl.. i believe the winner of that, wins the whole thing

steelerfan
01-09-2012, 04:04 PM
The problem going forward for Tebow will be health related. At some point, running between the tackles is going to take it's toll and he has to have that ability intact in order to throw at all. His delivery is so long (not to mention that some of his "spirals" look like punts) that, if he isn't a running threat, NFL DBs will shut his passing down.

I just have serious doubts that he can keep running the way he does for more than a few years. I can't imagine, 10 years from now, that he'll be able to do that.

We'll see.

ram29jackson
01-09-2012, 04:33 PM
The problem going forward for Tebow will be health related. At some point, running between the tackles is going to take it's toll and he has to have that ability intact in order to throw at all. His delivery is so long (not to mention that some of his "spirals" look like punts) that, if he isn't a running threat, NFL DBs will shut his passing down.

I just have serious doubts that he can keep running the way he does for more than a few years. I can't imagine, 10 years from now, that he'll be able to do that.

We'll see.

more than a few years? thats enough ,isnt it ? if you are lucky enough to play 3 years in the NFL and get NFL money, you have had one heck of a blessed life.

No one expects him to be a running QB deep into his career. As always, as each year passes, he wont run as much..he obviously has NFL arm strength..otherwise he wouldnt be playing in an NFL game.. Theres nothing that says he cant improve his mechanics over the next 6 months..he already did enough to get starts in the NFL...good night Cam Newton,where ever you are? LOL

steelerfan
01-09-2012, 04:41 PM
For him, a few years is fine. For a franchise, it's not. No one wants to build around a quarterback who will only last a few years.

As far as improving his mechanics in 6 months, he's had 2 years and he hasn't done it.

ram29jackson
01-09-2012, 05:04 PM
For him, a few years is fine. For a franchise, it's not. No one wants to build around a quarterback who will only last a few years.

As far as improving his mechanics in 6 months, he's had 2 years and he hasn't done it.

of course he has improved his mechanics,otherwise he wouldnt be playing LOL just because it may not look good to you on tv doesnt mean its not NFL effective..he's an athlete, he throws the way HE throws. Its getting him a starting job and a paycheck, so the critiques are pointless

teams dont build around a QB who only lasts a few years ? they do all the time LOL ..no one has a choice in the matter LOL..Toney Romo hasnt done crap worth a damn but they keep putting him out there LOL

his mechanics blah blah blah..just give him pocket protection and shut up LOL..we cant all be Aaron Rodgers..

steelerfan
01-09-2012, 05:24 PM
No, his mechanics are the same as when he was at Florida.

If the Broncos believe that he won't be able to stay healthy and run between the tackles for years to come then there is no reason to make the decision that they can make him throw a ball that doesn't look like a punt (wobbly, practically end-over-end at times) or have a delivery that takes twice as long as any other qb in the league.

Why try to make him something he's not when there are plenty of other quarterbacks who can already do that?

Without his run threat, he won't have guys running free. At that point, he better throw alot better than he does now.

As for Denver, they're doing what they should do. They're enjoying the ride, but they know it isn't a long-term solution.

ram29jackson
01-10-2012, 12:07 AM
do I think the Broncos win their next game ?...no

but the game might be closer than thought with a Pats defense who cant stop an angry turtle at full speed.....LOL

I know they already played each other, but thats something you dont like to do if youve shown some of your hand, and thats true for both sides

psuexv
01-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Ok this is getting ridiculous. NFL.com has nothing better to do with their time

http://www.nfl.com/photos/09000d5d825e125d?campaign=Twitter_gallery#id:09000 d5d825e1944

ram29jackson
01-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Ok this is getting ridiculous. NFL.com has nothing better to do with their time

http://www.nfl.com/photos/09000d5d825e125d?campaign=Twitter_gallery#id:09000 d5d825e1944

before the Super Bowl, you do everything you can to get the casual fan and women involved LOL

SmoothPancakes
01-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Still stupid as fuck.

psuexv
01-11-2012, 09:36 AM
before the Super Bowl, you do everything you can to get the casual fan and women involved LOL

They've been doing that shit all year. Not just Super Bowl time

ram29jackson
01-11-2012, 05:39 PM
They've been doing that shit all year. Not just Super Bowl time

well, obviously its to attract the casuals..besides,you cant crunch stats all day...

ram29jackson
01-11-2012, 05:58 PM
anyone hear Jim Rome today? !!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAIQWzW1MIc

ram29jackson
01-13-2012, 03:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7A-z_Olo94

SmoothPancakes
01-14-2012, 07:32 PM
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

baseballplyrmvp
01-14-2012, 07:37 PM
this game is over already! brady will beat anything denver throws at him, and tebow has no shot in a shootout. finally the media can stop talking about tebow mania :clap:

steelerfan
01-14-2012, 07:40 PM
I wanted the Saints to win, but that was a great game.

I'm sure we're going to see the Vernon Davis TD compared to TO's catch that beat the Packers in the playoffs. He even cried like TO. Lol.

Unless Tim Teabag pulls another miracle out of his ass, we may even see the comparison to a nearly nauseating degree.

Great freaking game though.

SmoothPancakes
01-14-2012, 07:41 PM
this game is over already! brady will beat anything denver throws at him, and tebow has no shot in a shootout. finally the media can stop talking about tebow mania :clap:

You do realize, win or lose, ESPN and other media are still going to spend all week talking about Tebow, right? :D

baseballplyrmvp
01-14-2012, 07:47 PM
You do realize, win or lose, ESPN and other media are still going to spend all week talking about Tebow, right? :D:fp: oh yeah :fdown:

SmoothPancakes
01-14-2012, 08:07 PM
:fp: oh yeah :fdown:

:D

baseballplyrmvp
01-14-2012, 08:36 PM
when tom brady retires, and if belichick is still coaching the pats, he should hire brady as the qb coach. lol

YAY TOM BRADY! http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/SmileyCheering.gif

SmoothPancakes
01-14-2012, 09:05 PM
If this game keeps getting even worse, the hard liquor is about to come out as I attempt to drown my sorrows. :smh:

morsdraconis
01-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Thank god for the fuckin' Pats (as much as I fuckin' hate them and their cheating ass coach). Now ESPN will only talk about Tebow ever other subject instead of nothing but his fuckin' ass.

baseballplyrmvp
01-14-2012, 09:22 PM
"you could split that sack 3 ways" rofl

baseballplyrmvp
01-14-2012, 09:38 PM
i wonder if new england will finish with more sacks on tebow, than completions tebow throws for?

steelerfan
01-15-2012, 08:14 PM
I guess Aaron Rodgers can go back to being a "professional dancer".

Wow, that was a horse-fucking.

SmoothPancakes
01-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Great, this year's Super Bowl is going to suck.

BCEagles
01-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Great, this year's Super Bowl is going to suck.
hell no, 49ers-ravens rematch will be great. only this time the 9ers r takin it!

ram29jackson
01-16-2012, 02:36 PM
hell no, 49ers-ravens rematch will be great. only this time the 9ers r takin it!

actually,brother vs brother would be interesting but it might also be the top 3 lowest scoring SB ever LOL

but I doubt the Niners get past the Giants and I expext they wont. As I expected the Pack wasnt getting past the Giants.

Come on,..the pack is favored by 9 after only winning by 3? you dont play Tom Coughlin twice and not pay for it.

I of course dont want the pats to go, but still expect them to lose if they do...but they have a better chance of losing with the Giants on the other end. But lets see how the Pats do against a team that has defense and playoff experience in the ravens who have been knocking on the playoff door enough and now Pittsburgh is out of the way.

the 49ers are new too the party and thats never an asset,more often then not,the team least experienced loses and I expect it in this case.

BCEagles
01-16-2012, 03:02 PM
actually,brother vs brother would be interesting but it might also be the top 3 lowest scoring SB ever LOL

but I doubt the Niners get past the Giants and I expext they wont. As I expected the Pack wasnt getting past the Giants.

Come on,..the pack is favored by 9 after only winning by 3? you dont play Tom Coughlin twice and not pay for it.

I of course dont want the pats to go, but still expect them to lose if they do...but they have a better chance of losing with the Giants on the other end. But lets see how the Pats do against a team that has defense and playoff experience in the ravens who have been knocking on the playoff door enough and now Pittsburgh is out of the way.

the 49ers are new too the party and thats never an asset,more often then not,the team least experienced loses and I expect it in this case.
i actually think in this case the 49ers lack of postseason experience may help them. Gore, Davis, Willis, Smith, and Goldson have all been waiting for their chance in the playoffs and their pumped now that they've gotten there.

ram29jackson
01-16-2012, 03:18 PM
i actually think in this case the 49ers lack of postseason experience may help them. Gore, Davis, Willis, Smith, and Goldson have all been waiting for their chance in the playoffs and their pumped now that they've gotten there.

thats the problem with newbies to the dance,their too pumped LOL
while no one can predict the future and anyone involved has a chance to succeed.

San fran only beat NY by 7 while NY was still coming out of/regrouping/recovering from injuries.

and we have all seen that you do not give Coughlin second chances LOL
and Eli is the most baby faced looking assassin in history at this point LOL

it should be a Giants -Ravens SB, but this time it'll be the Giants on top....

skipwondah33
01-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Have to actually agree with Ram on this one

The 49ers defense is beyond solid, their for real. I however still don't believe in Alex Smith. Yes I know the type of game he had against the Saints this past weekend..It was huge but it shouldn't have been all that difficult with the Madden defense Williams was trying to run at him. When in doubt blitz everyone and hope the AI makes a play lol

I know that is his MO as a DC but to me it seem like he was playing Madden with the type of calls he had.

The Giants won't have to send "Engage 8" Madden blitzes to put pressure on him

Nonetheless I fully expect it to a good game, hope the officiating is much better than it was from the other NFC games though

steelerfan
01-17-2012, 01:31 PM
I like how ram has been chirping in 2 or 3 threads about defense - even saying something like, "see what happened to Rodgers and Brees, the same is headed to Brady" - all after arguing for days with skip about how defense is not important just a few weeks ago. :fp:

psuexv
01-17-2012, 01:39 PM
I like how ram has been chirping in 2 or 3 threads about defense - even saying something like, "see what happened to Rodgers and Brees, the same is headed to Brady" - all after arguing for days with skip about how defense is not important just a few weeks ago. :fp:

What are you talking about? Offense always wins over defense.

skipwondah33
01-17-2012, 01:49 PM

:+1: :+1:

ram29jackson
01-17-2012, 06:28 PM

dude, this in no way detracts from what i have said. Defense does not win championships but a team with no defense will lose LOL. Scoring points wins championships but you have to at least make a better effort at giving better field position to the O. this in no way makes anything i said inconsistent. The Saints lost because they had no defense "at all" but they still almost beat a team who has a better defense than offense . Offense is always more important, but you at least need to make a stop once or twice LOL..the Saints turned the ball over 4 times and still almost won...the 49ers gave up 435 passing yards and people call them good ? LOL

defense does not win championships but a defense getting roled over doesnt help either LOL

JBHuskers
01-18-2012, 03:11 PM
So apparently, Rob Lowe is friends with Colts owner Jim Irsay and has broken the news that Peyton Manning is going to retire.

JBHuskers
01-18-2012, 03:12 PM
A great tweet from Not Sportscenter:

https://twitter.com/#!/NOTSportsCenter/status/159744297657307136

ram29jackson
01-18-2012, 03:14 PM
its a basic logic argument. And the phrase " defense wins championships" is just not intellectually honest.

the Ravens v Texans game- 2 considered great defenses in a game, the score was 20-13 at the end. Neither defense scored a single point in that game. only the offenses did. i dont give a damn how many yards you dont allow, i dont give a damn how many interceptions you get. Until a defense leads a team or league in scoring, defense does not win championships.
at the beginning of the playoffs/end of regular season, Pittsburgh had the number 1 or number 2 ranked defense..that number 1 defense lost in the first round because the offense did not produce enough and the opposing offense did produce enough.
the Cleveland Browns ranked 5th in over all or one of the defensive categorys this year..we all know that did nothing for them LOL... Defense does not win championships, your offense has to produce points or the defense means nothing.

sure I would rather have the Bears D of old or the Ravens of a few years ago or Buddy's Eagles. but unless they have an offense that scores points, high ranked defense means nothing.

or like Al michaels said "its not true except maybe 42% of the time"..if i'm looking to advance in playoffs, I need better then a 42% chance. Much, much better, and only scoring offensive points can provide that for me.

lastly SF vs NO.. SF's defense did not score a single point in that game and allowed 462 yards passing per Profootballreference.com. ..And sure, they got 2 ints and 3 other turnovers..but unless the offense scores, all their stats mean nothing, absolutely nothing..defense does not win Championships. Scoring more points then the other team wins championships.

viva la Football !! LOL...American Football

ram29jackson
01-18-2012, 03:15 PM
so apparently, rob lowe is friends with colts owner jim irsay and has broken the news that peyton manning is going to retire.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo

SmoothPancakes
01-22-2012, 05:17 PM
When did Baltimore sign Ray Finkle? :fp:

jaymo76
01-22-2012, 05:19 PM
My hatred of New England is so strong that I have decided that I will NOT watch the SUPER BOWL this year, regardless of who comes out of the NFC. I just can't bare to see that smug Brady/Belicheck combo host the Super Bowl above their heads again. And as for Baltimore... blow it up and start over... 4 to 6th best each year just doesn't cut it!

JeffHCross
01-22-2012, 05:22 PM
Until a defense leads a team or league in scoring, defense does not win championships.Let's just say that there are multiple chapters in many books devoted to the discussion you're talking about ... and nothing you wrote has anything to do with it. "Defense wins championships" has nothing to do with the defense scoring points.

If nothing else, Alabama would take issue with your statement. So would the 2000 Ravens. :sick:

Is it absolute? No. Is it even "true"? Probably not, especially with the advantages that offenses now have in the NFL. But directly scoring points has nothing to do with it.

If you want a real discussion on the topic, check out this blog post: http://www.freakonomics.com/2012/01/20/does-defense-really-win-championships/

And as for Baltimore... blow it upFixed.

JBHuskers
01-22-2012, 08:07 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/cundiff.jpg

baseballplyrmvp
01-22-2012, 08:40 PM
chip kelly to the bucs (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7491324/source-tampa-bay-buccaneers-talks-hire-chip-kelly-oregon-ducks-coach)?

steelerfan
01-22-2012, 09:40 PM
And the Niners are done. :))

Pittsburgh's record of 6 Super Bowl wins is safe for another year.

And considering the world will end this year, it is safe for eternity. ;)

JeffHCross
01-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Seeing rumors on Twitter that Chip Kelly is going to be the Tampa Bay Bucs next head coach.

baseballplyrmvp
01-22-2012, 10:51 PM
little late there jeff. :D

SmoothPancakes
01-22-2012, 10:55 PM
Well, looks like I'm boycotting the Super Bowl. :( I already boycotted the college football NCG, I really didn't want to have to boycott the Super Bowl too. But I HATE New England and Tom Brady, and Eli Manning and the Giants just annoy the hell out of me. The 49ers were the last thing that could have gotten me to watch the SB, but not now, for the first time in my life. :(

ram29jackson
01-22-2012, 11:08 PM
Let's just say that there are multiple chapters in many books devoted to the discussion you're talking about ... and nothing you wrote has anything to do with it. "Defense wins championships" has nothing to do with the defense scoring points.

If nothing else, Alabama would take issue with your statement. So would the 2000 Ravens. :sick:

Is it absolute? No. Is it even "true"? Probably not, especially with the advantages that offenses now have in the NFL. But directly scoring points has nothing to do with it.

If you want a real discussion on the topic, check out this blog post: http://www.freakonomics.com/2012/01/20/does-defense-really-win-championships/

Fixed.

LOL I dont give a shit that they didnt say what I said.It doesnt nulify my perception and arm chair explaination of it. Its just a bunch of talking head rhetoric,pseudo intellectual bull on their part. I said an ultimate logical truth about a basic "saying" that fans like to chirp.

Offense has to produce points no matter what the defense does or youll not win on a long term meaningful basis. Basic-simple-true.

the teams with the best defenses didnt make it in this year because the offenses sucked or didnt do enough. Good thing SF aint going because the QB couldnt complete a pass or convert a third down ,sheesh...but it was definetly a nail biter LOL

and I still like the Giants in the SB

steelerfan
01-22-2012, 11:20 PM
SF is done. :))

ram29jackson
01-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Let's just say that there are multiple chapters in many books devoted to the discussion you're talking about ... and nothing you wrote has anything to do with it. "Defense wins championships" has nothing to do with the defense scoring points.

Fixed.

I like this part of the article Jeff LOL

In a word: no.

and i will say thanks for taking the free time out of your life to find something interestinglike that( not being sarcastic)

psusnoop
01-23-2012, 09:08 AM
**how in the world did my quote end up in a different thread :fp:

deleted to correct it

JBHuskers
01-23-2012, 09:17 AM
Well, looks like I'm boycotting the Super Bowl. :( I already boycotted the college football NCG, I really didn't want to have to boycott the Super Bowl too. But I HATE New England and Tom Brady, and Eli Manning and the Giants just annoy the hell out of me. The 49ers were the last thing that could have gotten me to watch the SB, but not now, for the first time in my life. :(.

I'd watch the Super Bowl if it was a Turd Sandwich vs. A Giant Douche.

psuexv
01-23-2012, 09:34 AM
Well, looks like I'm boycotting the Super Bowl. :( I already boycotted the college football NCG, I really didn't want to have to boycott the Super Bowl too. But I HATE New England and Tom Brady, and Eli Manning and the Giants just annoy the hell out of me. The 49ers were the last thing that could have gotten me to watch the SB, but not now, for the first time in my life. :(

I'm fine with it. It could have been sooooo much worse. If the Ravens and Niners would have made it I probably wouldn't be able to watch. The Harbaugh/Harbaugh matchup would have made me puke with all of the media hype. Then the fact that it's the Ravens would have made it much worse.

psuexv
01-23-2012, 09:35 AM

I'd say the Sandwich wins that one.

psusnoop

I'll be watching as well, our future coach will hopefully get a big ring to flash around :D

psusnoop
I'd say the Sandwich wins that one.

It would be a wash out for sure :nod:

JBHuskers
01-23-2012, 09:52 AM
Off topic, it will be very interesting if Jim Tressel gets the Indy job. He's had two interviews now and Irsay said the decision will be made next week. I'm 80/20 on it going to Tressel.

psusnoop
01-23-2012, 09:56 AM
Off topic, it will be very interesting if Jim Tressel gets the Indy job. He's had two interviews now and Irsay said the decision will be made next week. I'm 80/20 on it going to Tressel.

I was thinking that today as well, just not sure how he'll translate to an NFL head coach.

JBHuskers
01-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Cops are dressing as fans of the away team at NFL games to arrest anyone who goes over the line with them. I kinda like the idea.

psuexv
01-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Cops are dressing as fans of the away team at NFL games to arrest anyone who goes over the line with them. I kinda like the idea.

Bad idea. It's going to be war on the streets of Philly once about a dozen cops get beaten.

JBHuskers
01-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Bad idea. It's going to be war on the streets of Philly once about a dozen cops get beaten.

Ask the San Francisco Giants fan that's been in the hospital since 2011 MLB Opening Day if it is a bad idea or not.

psuexv
01-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Suggs calls Skip a douchebag :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGCZffZGD24&feature=youtu.be

SmoothPancakes
01-23-2012, 03:58 PM
:D That's awesome.

morsdraconis
01-23-2012, 04:48 PM
I fuckin' hate that motherfucker (Skip). I can't believe people watch that shit (First Take). Talk about a bunch of fuckin' chuckleheads just yelling at each other. Ugh.

ram29jackson
01-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Flacco and Brady had the same number of completions in the game ...but Flacco had 2 TDs and Brady had none, passing.

this is the weakest Pats team to make it to a SB and they are one dimensional.

this time I would like to think the Giants win by more than 3

psuexv
01-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Flacco and Brady had the same number of completions in the game ...but Flacco had 2 TDs and Brady had none, passing.

So one game defines a player?

This may be the weakest Pats defense to make it to a SB but could potentially be their best offense. The only one better was probably the Randy Moss year and yes the year they lost to the Giants. But defense doesn't win championships so not sure how they won. :)

JBHuskers
01-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Watch your language young mister....:D the only thing missing was Skip doing the finger waving.

jaymo76
01-23-2012, 07:27 PM
This super bowl excites me about as much as the LSU-Alabama rematch. I told my wife that the day of the Super Bowl can be "date night" ... she still doesn't beleive me that I won't watch the game but I am going to prove her wrong.

ram29jackson
01-23-2012, 08:08 PM
So one game defines a player?

This may be the weakest Pats defense to make it to a SB but could potentially be their best offense. The only one better was probably the Randy Moss year and yes the year they lost to the Giants. But defense doesn't win championships so not sure how they won. :)

it has nothing to do with one game defining a player. It has to with a player being less effective as he ages and a teams scheme being less effective as it gets deeper into a season against tougher competition.

the early line is Pats -3...the bookies know people who believe the hype will bet the Pats but people who are real football fans will bet the Giants to cover or beat the spread.

and yes, against the Giants, a lack of defense by the Pats will surely hurt them. I just hope the Wide receivers new to this experience on the Giants,stay composed..but theyve already been through hell and back this post season

psuexv
01-23-2012, 08:57 PM
So Brady is getting less effective? He threw for 5000 yards this year and beat some pretty good defenses late in the year and in the playoffs.

And yeah I'm sure the bookies set the line so people that really know football will win. Don't know if you know any bookies, but the couple I know don't like to lose money to anyone.

ram29jackson
01-23-2012, 09:27 PM
So Brady is getting less effective? He threw for 5000 yards this year and beat some pretty good defenses late in the year and in the playoffs.

And yeah I'm sure the bookies set the line so people that really know football will win. Don't know if you know any bookies, but the couple I know don't like to lose money to anyone.

dude, you have to look at a larger picture.. I know full well he got alot of passing yards, so what? he's still a pro but that doesnt mean he's not declining. he's smarter but less physically gifted, thats just the way life naturally goes.

you dont have to see some extreme for it to be true. The Pats right now are like the Broncos and Elway in their first 3 Super Bowls. Good enough to get there,but not good enough to win. And Brady at this point is like Montana with the Chiefs. Sure, he's a dang good QB, but it wont be enough in the end.

they set the line so Patriots band wagon jumpers who never bet before would bet in The Pats favor. I bet the majority of the bets by people right now are for the Giants to cover or beat the spread. Yes of course bookies are in it to profit, but they know full well that people who always bet or know football are counting on the Giants to win..they put the Patriots at - 3 to see how many people actually believe that or bite on it Before they swing the line the other way if they ever do.

SmoothPancakes
01-23-2012, 09:48 PM
This super bowl excites me about as much as the LSU-Alabama rematch. I told my wife that the day of the Super Bowl can be "date night" ... she still doesn't beleive me that I won't watch the game but I am going to prove her wrong.

I'm right there with you buddy. I hope to god the other networks and channels put something worth a damn on that night, otherwise it's going to be Xbox or raiding the DVD cabinet.

JeffHCross
01-23-2012, 10:02 PM
little late there jeff. :DSomehow I totally missed your post :D

morsdraconis
01-23-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm going to say, without quantifying my reasoning at all, that the Pats are winning the Super Bowl.

steelerfan
01-24-2012, 05:57 AM
I'm going to say, without quantifying my reasoning at all, that the Pats are winning the Super Bowl.

That settles it. Put your money on the Giants, folks. ;) :D

SmoothPancakes
01-24-2012, 06:24 AM
That settles it. Put your money on the Giants, folks. ;) :D

Or go opposite of whoever JB picks. Just ask him about Caroline Wozniacki. :D

JBHuskers
01-24-2012, 09:12 AM
Or go opposite of whoever JB picks. Just ask him about Caroline Wozniacki. :D

:D that's tennis and a blind pick on Streak For The Cash.

I ran close to 60% picking 5 games all year long, ;)

I'll add more of a breakdown in the SB thread.

JBHuskers
01-24-2012, 03:27 PM
Further proof that Jim Irsay is an idiot. He's having a contest on Twitter to give away Super Bowl tickets if you can guess who they hire as head coach :fp:

steelerfan
01-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Further proof that Jim Irsay is an idiot. He's having a contest on Twitter to give away Super Bowl tickets if you can guess who they hire as head coach :fp:

Rob Lowe will probably win the tickets. :fp:

steelerfan
01-24-2012, 04:40 PM
they set the line so Patriots band wagon jumpers who never bet before would bet in The Pats favor. I bet the majority of the bets by people right now are for the Giants to cover or beat the spread. Yes of course bookies are in it to profit, but they know full well that people who always bet or know football are counting on the Giants to win..they put the Patriots at - 3 to see how many people actually believe that or bite on it Before they swing the line the other way if they ever do.

Have you ever placed a wager with a Book in your life? You, obviously, have no fucking clue how it works. Do yourself a favor and Google "Juice", "Vig", or "Vigorish" before you pretend to know something about how a Book operates.

The Line is all about getting half the money on each side of the ledger so that the Book wins either way. They don't "swing the line" on a whim. The Line moves when the ledger becomes imbalanced - which puts the Bookmaker at risk of losing money.

ram29jackson
01-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Have you ever placed a wager with a Book in your life? You, obviously, have no fucking clue how it works. Do yourself a favor and Google "Juice", "Vig", or "Vigorish" before you pretend to know something about how a Book operates.

The Line is all about getting half the money on each side of the ledger so that the Book wins either way. They don't "swing the line" on a whim. The Line moves when the ledger becomes imbalanced - which puts the Bookmaker at risk of losing money.

dude , I didnt say anything different from what you said at all. But they still have to put the line in the Pats favor first to see how many will bite because everyone knows the majority money will be on the Giants no matter what.

You actually think I dont know they hope and try to push for a half and half?

dude, you gotta work on your reading comprehension and manners LOL

I just gave it a personal touch LOL, you obviously have to see who will bite on the weaker side first.
and the bookies wont make money unless the Pats win LOL

LOL I dont care,the point is the Giants are the clear favorite and everyone knows it.

steelerfan
01-24-2012, 06:09 PM
dude , I didnt say anything different from what you said at all. But they still have to put the line in the Pats favor first to see how many will bite because everyone knows the majority money will be on the Giants no matter what.

You actually think I dont know they hope and try to push for a half and half?

dude, you gotta work on your reading comprehension and manners LOL

I just gave it a personal touch LOL, you obviously have to see who will bite on the weaker side first.
and the bookies wont make money unless the Pats win LOL

LOL I dont care,the point is the Giants are the clear favorite and everyone knows it.

This is dumb.

All of it.

ram29jackson
01-24-2012, 07:59 PM
This is dumb.

All of it.

I love you too honey LOL

again, I know full well what a bookies job is at this pount in my life and I know I said nothing different from you. Just in a way you didnt seem to like. Absolutely none of it was dumb.

:D have a nice night snuggle bunny

SmoothPancakes
01-24-2012, 08:29 PM
When the hell did this thread turn into the Blue Oyster Bar?

:( :smh: :fp:

ram29jackson
01-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Super Bowl...it signifies to me, the true end of the holiday season

psuexv
01-27-2012, 09:29 AM
When the hell did this thread turn into the Blue Oyster Bar?

:( :smh: :fp:

So which one is the guy dressed up in leather, Ram or :sf:?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdbt-sx5MDc

morsdraconis
01-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Definitely :sf:

steelerfan
01-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Nice home video, Eric. You should post the one of you dancing with Sandusky, too.

psuexv
01-27-2012, 10:23 AM
I can't get that one, its confiscated. I did find your kid's camp video though :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raw96oUPGLk&feature=related

steelerfan
01-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Shouldn't that video be in the Penn State Football Thread? What the hell is that? A recruiting visit?

JBHuskers
01-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Shouldn't that video be in the Penn State Football Thread? What the hell is that? A recruiting visit?

:D

SmoothPancakes
01-27-2012, 05:41 PM
:D :D :D

Whew! This thread was headed off a cliff in a fiery crash, until someone (psuexv) finally commented on the Blue Oyster Bar reference, and now this thread has turned to just awesome. :D

JBHuskers
02-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Todd Haley possibly to be hired as the Steeler OC. Steeler fans happy on that one? I think he's a good coach.

psuexv
02-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Not sure on this one, he's definitely not a head coach but has been successful in other roles.

psuexv
02-01-2012, 10:29 AM
From his Wikipedia page :sick:

In 2006, Haley filed a 1.7 million-dollar lawsuit against McDonald's after his wife found a dead rat in her salad. The salad was purchased at a Southlake, Texas McDonald's restaurant while Haley was a member of the Dallas Cowboys coaching staff. His wife and their live-in babysitter began to eat before noticing the rat. The case was settled out of court for a confidential amount.[

psusnoop
02-01-2012, 10:41 AM
:sick:

I'm willing to give anyone a fair shake :nod:, Go Steelers! In regards to what fans think of the hire.

psusnoop
02-01-2012, 10:42 AM
And WOW how in the world did I miss these last two pages :D:D

steelerfan
02-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Todd Haley possibly to be hired as the Steeler OC. Steeler fans happy on that one? I think he's a good coach.

Possibly is the key word at this point.

I've gone all over the place on what I think of Haley. When he was with Arizona, I had respect for what he did with their offense.

With the Chiefs, I thought he came across as a bit of a prick.

The good news is, in Pittsburgh, he wouldn't be in front of a microphone often. Obviously, his dad was a big part of the Steelers first 4 Super Bowls, and he has definitely earned his stripes, so who knows?

What I do know is that I have unyielding trust in the Rooneys to find the right man. Haley, or otherwise.

psuexv
02-01-2012, 11:55 AM
What I do know is that I have unyielding trust in the Rooneys to find the right man. Haley, or otherwise.

This

psusnoop
02-01-2012, 12:02 PM

:up:

skipwondah33
02-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Haley did a solid job in Arizona, granted he was working with a QB that got rid of the ball quickly, still was a great job. That won't happen with Ben, but the receiving corp is just as good as the one the Cardinals had in his years.

I knew he was never HC material because of the way I've heard he acts (see Steelerfan's comment)

If he is hired, hopefully he and Ben can get on the same page quick.

JBHuskers
02-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Some :fp: news from the NFL today.

The NFL is looking at not using Roman numerals for Super Bowl 50 because 50 = L which is associated with losing.

Really? Really? Reeeeeeeeeeally?

SmoothPancakes
02-02-2012, 02:57 PM
:fp:

steelerfan
02-02-2012, 02:58 PM
:smh:

JBHuskers
02-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Seriously, most people would not have even thought of that if the NFL wouldn't have brought it up.

steelerfan
02-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Maybe the NFX (better not put an "L" there) should just make their own numeric system and change 50 to "W". Because we all know "W" is associated with #winning. :fp:

JBHuskers
02-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Yeah this is one of the more ridiculous things I've heard come from a league office in quite sometime, and that includes Bud Selig.

psusnoop
02-02-2012, 03:05 PM
That is just silly, quit giving into public perception and what someone or a group may feel?

steelerfan
02-02-2012, 03:06 PM
That is just silly, quit giving into public perception and what someone or a group may feel?

Have you told that to the BoT?

ram29jackson
02-02-2012, 03:07 PM
just put the L on a shield or crest.

odds are it will be a big 50 design.

ultimately though...forget the common dumb ass and his perceptions. L means 50,its the/a roman numeral, use it !
I dont give a damn about johny Q Public and his stupid L-oser jokes

ram29jackson
02-02-2012, 03:58 PM
(((where real football and video game football meet))))

I have a ps3, I have madden 12, and I play alot of teamplay lately for the heck of it as stupid as it can be because no one can call a decent defense and always want to go for the big play LOL.

but head to head against randoms gives me anxiety...just another jerk online trying what he think works every time.....

anyway, I end up in a couple teamplay games with and against 2 guys who like using the 49ers and run the ball alot. I figure ,...I like the way they play, so I join their community so I can get tokens from teamplay games.

we play a couple games, the 49ers beat the Saints that week and everything is fine LOL.

well,the Giants of course beat the Niners a week later. I've been online a few times but they arent around, or one of them is but he's playing something else.

so,last night, i finally message that one guy on PSN "where you guys been? I want some teamplay tokens"

I get something to the effect of this back ( for reference,the guy i'm messaging is dalitz and his friend is named Wolf)

Wolf broke his tv after that B.S. Niners game. We are having hard time and want nothing to do with football. I'm selling Madden soon :violin:

((sigh))...LOL

what the heck is wrong with people?

the 2 guys :bang: :bang:

me - :bp: ..its just a game..they are both just games

psusnoop
02-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Have you told that to the BoT?

They would think I was speaking a foreign language. Idiots :fp:

steelerfan
02-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Mortensen and Schefter say Peyton Manning has been medically cleared to resume his career.

SmoothPancakes
02-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Mortensen and Schefter say Peyton Manning has been medically cleared to resume his career.

Let the bidding war begin!

jaymo76
02-02-2012, 09:06 PM
How much would you be willing to risk on Payton Manning returning to his old self? What would you risk/mortgage to get him?

morsdraconis
02-02-2012, 09:37 PM
How much would you be willing to risk on Payton Manning returning to his old self? What would you risk/mortgage to get him?

Money wise? Anything because money in the NFL is all subjective.

I wouldn't trade anything for him at all.

I wouldn't do either until I was absolutely certain, beyond any doubt that his throwing strength had returned to his throwing arm. Until that nerve regenerates, you can forget that.

steelerfan
02-03-2012, 12:46 AM
ESPN NFL - Jim Irsay tweet: "Peyton has not passed our physical nor has been cleared to play for the Colts"

steelerfan
02-03-2012, 12:46 AM
Yes, it's Thursday night, Friday morning.

I'm :sf:

ram29jackson
02-03-2012, 01:51 PM
(((where real football and video game football meet))))

I have a ps3, I have madden 12, and I play alot of teamplay lately for the heck of it as stupid as it can be because no one can call a decent defense and always want to go for the big play LOL.

but head to head against randoms gives me anxiety...just another jerk online trying what he think works every time.....

anyway, I end up in a couple teamplay games with and against 2 guys who like using the 49ers and run the ball alot. I figure ,...I like the way they play, so I join their community so I can get tokens from teamplay games.

we play a couple games, the 49ers beat the Saints that week and everything is fine LOL.

well,the Giants of course beat the Niners a week later. I've been online a few times but they arent around, or one of them is but he's playing something else.

so,last night, i finally message that one guy on PSN "where you guys been? I want some teamplay tokens"

I get something to the effect of this back ( for reference,the guy i'm messaging is dalitz and his friend is named Wolf)

Wolf broke his tv after that B.S. Niners game. We are having hard time and want nothing to do with football. I'm selling Madden soon :violin:

((sigh))...LOL

what the heck is wrong with people?

the 2 guys :bang: :bang:

me - :bp: ..its just a game..they are both just games

never ignore my little stories ...never :P

I pick up the traditional Super Bowl Cake tomorrow !!!!!!