PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NFL Talk

Pages : 1 [2] 3

steelerfan
11-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Excuse me 5-3. Agnostics are just pussified atheists, covering their ass just in case they are wrong in their heathen ways. :P

Wow, you're a fucking moron.

No one, or nothing, has proven to me that there is a god. No one, or nothing, has proven there is not. Hence, agnostic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Rudy
11-18-2011, 07:12 PM
I do think a lot of hate comes from people who aren't religious. The lack of respect in this thread towards Christianity bothers me.

Deuce
11-18-2011, 07:29 PM
I don't know if I'm one of the people you think are showing a lack of respect towards Christianity but let me assure you that is not my intent. I have trouble with Tebow and his over-the-top antics.

I have trouble with the praying b/c don't understand it. What exactly do people pray for when they score a TD? ...'thanks for making me a winner and the other team losers'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

morsdraconis
11-18-2011, 07:37 PM
I do think a lot of hate comes from people who aren't religious. The lack of respect in this thread towards Christianity bothers me.

So I should have respect for a religion that has people killing other people in it's name nearly every day? The bloodiest wars and genocides in the history of humanity have been done in the name of one fictional god or another. Excuse me if I'm not kind about a religion with so many innocent people's blood on it's hands.

steelerfan
11-18-2011, 07:45 PM
The lack of respect in this thread towards Agnosticism bothers me.

Rudy
11-18-2011, 07:50 PM
I don't know if I'm one of the people you think are showing a lack of respect towards Christianity but let me assure you that is not my intent. I have trouble with Tebow and his over-the-top antics.

I have trouble with the praying b/c don't understand it. What exactly do people pray for when they score a TD? ...'thanks for making me a winner and the other team losers'?

I don't personally think he's calling attention to himself when praying but I absolutely agree with you in disliking players who thank God for a victory. God doesn't play favourites in sports. It's silly.

So I should have respect for a religion that has people killing other people in it's name nearly every day? The bloodiest wars and genocides in the history of humanity have been done in the name of one fictional god or another. Excuse me if I'm not kind about a religion with so many innocent people's blood on it's hands.

No question bad things have happened in history as a result of religious wars. But so many good things have happened as well. South Africa had Bishop Desmond Tutu lead a religious movement that allowed the black and white community to come together with no bloodshed. The church has done many good things. That can't be ignored. You also can't ignore the horrible things atheist leaders have done in this world either.

If you are an atheist or agnostic I'm not going to bother you but you should show some respect for people that do believe. You may not believe this but people are entitled to different opinions and we can peacefully co-exist.

Deuce
11-18-2011, 07:55 PM
I don't personally think he's calling attention to himself when praying but I absolutely agree with you in disliking players who thank God for a victory. God doesn't play favourites in sports. It's silly.

Yep, that is my point as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdoughty
11-18-2011, 08:09 PM
If you are an atheist or agnostic I'm not going to bother you but you should show some respect for people that do believe. You may not believe this but people are entitled to different opinions and we can peacefully co-exist.

Well said. I tend to fall into this trap when people are going after religion. Two wrongs do not make a right and I am guilty of that.

steelerfan
11-18-2011, 08:22 PM
It would probably be best if we discontinued this discussion.

morsdraconis
11-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Again, all of this over a shitty football player. :fp:

morsdraconis
11-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Nevermind, I'm done.

jaymo76
11-18-2011, 11:01 PM
Anyways... BACK ON THE TOPIC OF THE NFL...

I will be very intertested to see how Tebow and the Broncos do against stronger competition. They have played some pretty weak teams lately and were blown out against a good team. I'm not impressed by Teboew as much as I am by Denver's upstart defense. Love Tebow or hate him, it's still a fascinating story.

skipwondah33
11-19-2011, 10:34 AM

I consider myself a Christian. Not perfect but nor do I claim to be..there is a place and time for everything

Anyway looking forward to what the Bengals/Ravens game holds. Since Steelers are on a bye I'll check out a few games Sunday

steelerfan
11-19-2011, 02:16 PM
I consider myself a Christian. Not perfect but nor do I claim to be..there is a place and time for everything

Anyway looking forward to what the Bengals/Ravens game holds. Since Steelers are on a bye I'll check out a few games Sunday

Go Bungles! :nod:

JBHuskers
11-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Not sure what this play call was :D

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/redskins-playcall.gif

psuexv
11-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Snaggle tooth.

JBHuskers
11-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Broncos waived Orton. Looks for the Chiefs, Bears, and/or Texans to claim him. Not sure about the Dolphins anymore after the trade talks fell through.

JBHuskers
11-22-2011, 03:37 PM
6 NFL Memes Similar to Tebowing

http://7.media.sportspickle.cvcdn.com/19/43/4ac161402c485a031c8def4b185c393f.jpg

http://9.media.sportspickle.cvcdn.com/82/24/41bff30798cd0bb43e3504ab6557dbbb.jpg

http://9.media.sportspickle.cvcdn.com/84/65/e7ce58eb1fef722b8dc7b9e8ac76b73e.jpg

http://9.media.sportspickle.cvcdn.com/87/63/8a4301c40f4e95ae237bb8c9418e3330.jpg

http://3.media.sportspickle.cvcdn.com/86/24/35685ad381e5eb8d4e796bf3fbc9e972.jpg.

http://5.media.sportspickle.cvcdn.com/32/59/034fe42813a25923641c271509942b8a.jpg

http://2.media.sportspickle.cvcdn.com/53/79/b6d3a5650fed9f92a50c9564ad8fa9e2.jpg

bdoughty
11-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Playoff edition

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2957pqa.jpg

Rudy
11-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Orton got cut. With all the QB injuries out there Denver is looking to save 2.6 million if someone claims him.

skipwondah33
11-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Haha I like those memes JB

morsdraconis
11-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Orton got cut. With all the QB injuries out there Denver is looking to save 2.6 million if someone claims him.

Claimed off the waiver wire by the team that traded him to begin with (Chicago) to replace the player that he got traded for.

jaymo76
11-22-2011, 10:21 PM
I feel for Orton. The kid plays hard and does what he can with the skill he has. I wish him the best of luck BACK in Chicago but I suspect the fans will get on him quick.

Rudy
11-23-2011, 04:30 AM
I don't think the fans will hate on Orton too bad. He's been gone awhile and fans are far more critical of starting QBs they think stink. Stopgaps and backups are given more leeway. They will live with him until Cutler returns.

JBHuskers
11-23-2011, 08:41 AM
As a Bears fan, I never hated Orton.

Bears (who are 30th in the waiver order) did make a claim on him. It's unknown if the Chiefs (who are 9th in the waiver order) are going to want to make the claim and pay him $2.5M. The Texans seem all but out of it because they don't have the cap space and don't want to make moves to accommodate it.

JBHuskers
11-23-2011, 12:25 PM
If Orton falls to the Bears in the waivers, they just may let him go and sign him as a FA, as Orton wants to return to Chicago... (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/34761/bears-claim-kyle-orton-or-wait-it-out)

JBHuskers
11-23-2011, 03:07 PM
According to Shefty:

Kyle Orton was claimed on waivers -- by a still unidentified team before Chicago.

JBHuskers
11-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Chiefs claimed Orton...

Bears signed Josh McCown to backup Hanie. Great pickup (in terms of a solid backup), has a great knowledge of Martz' type of offense.

cdj
11-24-2011, 09:39 PM
I understand Suh is frustrated, but he has to control his emotions. He is unfortunately earning his rep as a dirty player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAoql7YozV8

morsdraconis
11-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Wow. That's some shit. I didn't get to see it live, but that's pretty fucked up. He clearly meant to step on him even though he says that he didn't. Definitely some seriously dirty play, but, at the same time, that type of stuff happens ALL the time it's just rarely caught in the scrum of players. Suh is getting the Terrell Owens treatment of everyone paying the attention to the smallest detail of his actions.

bdoughty
11-24-2011, 11:26 PM
I do not recall Suh being like that in college but only saw him in a few games.

Rudy
11-25-2011, 04:08 AM
I like Suh and I can understand losing your cool and going nuts. But lying about it afterwards is stupid. I lost a lot more respect for his lame explanation after the game than his stupid actions on the field.

SmoothPancakes
11-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Well, now Houston is definitely fucked. Already lost Matt Schaub for the season. Now Matt Leinart is out for at least the rest of this game, if not longer. It's up to good old T.J. Yates to lead the charge. :fp:

bdoughty
11-27-2011, 07:25 PM
Tebow proves that he is human and hit the spin button just a touch early.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/804962/tebow1.gif

5-1

Kudos to the Denver defense and Willis.

JBHuskers
11-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Yeah NBC's banner said "Tebow Wins Again" .... no, McGehee got you in position for the win that the defense earned you for 60+ minutes.

skipwondah33
11-28-2011, 02:03 PM
Speaking of defense...theirs has only allowed an average of 12 points the past 3 games

psusnoop
11-29-2011, 09:33 AM
At this point for Denver a "w" is a "w" no matter how they are doing it. I'm just baffled that they have gone 5-1 under Tebow though.

JBHuskers
11-29-2011, 10:01 AM
At this point for Denver a "w" is a "w" no matter how they are doing it. I'm just baffled that they have gone 5-1 under Tebow though.

That's simple. The defense and resurgence of McGehee has gotten them to 5-1. It sure as hell isn't Tebow. Just look at his 3rd down numbers. If the defense was just mediocre, you would not see these "Tebow Comebacks".

psusnoop
11-29-2011, 10:20 AM
It still is defying the odds that a QB with these numbers and production is getting the W's, I mean atleast Dilfer and a few others could actually throw the ball a little bit :D:D

morsdraconis
11-29-2011, 10:43 AM
Who have they played?

Shitty Jets team, shitty Chargers team, and a bunch of other shitty teams (don't care to look them up as I've already made this point before).

Come talk when Denver pulls a win out of their asses against a GOOD team. Unfortunately, there are only two left on their schedule, and one of them is without their QB (Chicago). Tim is going to look like a godsend to that team when it's all Fox's fault that Orton didn't look as good as he has before. Again, already posted the numbers before, but when you go from throwing the ball close to 70% of the time to running the ball 70% of the time and are able to have success running the ball (because teams fuckin' SUCK at playing disciplined defense apparently), it sure can make a "QB" look good. :smh:

Can't wait for Elway to draft another QB so all this retarded talk about Tim Tebow can go away (there is no doubt in my mind he'll draft another QB and he's a COMPLETE moron if he doesn't).

psusnoop
11-29-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm not a Tebow fan by any means I just think it is unreal that he is 5-1 as a starter in the NFL when he can't throw the ball worth a damn and defenses fail to play good assignment football allowing him to run all over the damn place.

That was my point, not a cheerleader just to be clear.

skipwondah33
11-29-2011, 10:53 AM
He is a game manager who can run the ball.

I think the Ravens defense use to say if the offense could put up atleast 10 points they could win the game. All Dilfer had to was not turn the ball over really. Their pass offense wasn't that great, they were ranked 23rd or 24th I believe.

bdoughty
11-29-2011, 10:59 AM
He is a game manager who can run the ball.

I think the Ravens defense use to say if the offense could put up atleast 10 points they could win the game. All Dilfer had to was not turn the ball over really. Their pass offense wasn't that great, they were ranked 23rd or 24th I believe.

I was just going to mention Trent Dilfer. :D

Look at his stats for that 2000 season. At least Tebow brings something to the game with his feet.

http://www.nfl.com/player/trentdilfer/2500392/profile

JBHuskers
11-29-2011, 11:02 AM
I'm not a Tebow fan by any means I just think it is unreal that he is 5-1 as a starter in the NFL when he can't throw the ball worth a damn and defenses fail to play good assignment football allowing him to run all over the damn place.

That was my point, not a cheerleader just to be clear.

Wasn't saying you were a Tebow Fanboy :D

I'm just saying he's not even a game manager. A game manager would convert more 3rd downs in the first three quarters of a game. He ran 22 times I think last game, it's going to be a matter of time when that gets taken away from him. Tebow is 5-1 as a starter because of the defense and McGehee keeping him in the 3 quarters he pulls a reverse LeBron on.

bdoughty
11-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Wasn't saying you were a Tebow Fanboy :D

I'm just saying he's not even a game manager. A game manager would convert more 3rd downs in the first three quarters of a game. He ran 22 times I think last game, it's going to be a matter of time when that gets taken away from him. Tebow is 5-1 as a starter because of the defense and McGehee keeping him in the 3 quarters he pulls a reverse LeBron on.

Please denote that there is sarcasm ahead.

Jesus said, "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy." Tebow is just being merciful to the opponents for the first three quarters of the game. Giving 100% Tebow for 4 quarters is not very Christianity as the defeat he would lay down on his opponents would be enormous.

JBHuskers
11-29-2011, 11:13 AM
I found it hilarious that Nick Novak was Peebowing during the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDqh6UD-e2U

morsdraconis
11-29-2011, 11:17 AM
Please denote that there is sarcasm ahead.

It's actually kinda sad that you had to put that there...

bdoughty
11-29-2011, 11:22 AM
It's actually kinda sad that you had to put that there...

Not really, zealotry comes in all shapes, sizes, race, gender, religions, non-religious, etc, etc. Just like to cover my. http://www.movethemics.com/forum/images/smilies/emoticon_ass.gif

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2whqycm.jpg

steelerfan
11-29-2011, 11:23 AM
I found it hilarious that Nick Novak was Peebowing during the game.

From the comments: "Where is his holder?" :D:D:D

JBHuskers
11-29-2011, 11:24 AM
It would have been better if he spelled it Jeebus on the jersey.

JBHuskers
11-29-2011, 11:24 AM
From the comments: "Where is his holder?" :D:D:D

:D :D :D :D :D

bdoughty
11-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Groening has his chance but he was too far ahead of the curve.

http://oi39.tinypic.com/919dly.jpg

Rudy
11-29-2011, 04:06 PM
This article on SI actually details that Tebow is a big reason for Denver's success: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/kerry_byrne/11/29/tim.tebow/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t12_a
It uses a complicated QB rating but the truth is that Tebow's TD per touch is higher than anyone in the NFL right now (22 TDs in only 368 touches, 13 passing, 9 rushing). His interception rate is the lowest of any QB in the NFL right now. He's only lost one fumble. This QB rating they use showed he outperformed every other QB in their 5 wins and sucked in the Detroit game. It may be ugly but it isn't magic when you don't turn the ball over and get a high percentage of TD plays.

JBHuskers
12-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Well that ended well....

Vikings release McNabb

psusnoop
12-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Well that ended well....

Vikings release McNabb

There was no other reasonable outcome :D

steelerfan
12-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Well that ended well....

Vikings release McNabb

I'm guessing he asked to be released do he can sign with Houston. It's been talked about all week. We'll see.

steelerfan
12-01-2011, 05:15 PM
I'm guessing he asked to be released do he can sign with Houston. It's been talked about all week. We'll see.

Well, the Texans say they don't want him. But now, Miami has released Rosenfels. He could end up in Houston, but the Texans insist they are set with Yates, Clemens, and Delhomme.

psusnoop
12-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Well, the Texans say they don't want him. But now, Miami has released Rosenfels. He could end up in Houston, but the Texans insist they are set with Yates, Clemens, and Delhomme.

Of course they would say that, they don't want to look like they signed Delhomme for nothing.

Between McNabb, Delhomme, and Rosenfels I'm not sure which one I would rather. Can I choose option D, :D:D

steelerfan
12-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Does anyone realize that the Cincinnati Bengals are 5-2? Kinda sneaky....look what you can do when you lose Ochocinco and TO.

And when your opponents are a combined 20-31 :D with 4 of them having 2 or less wins

And when you've managed to get to midseason without playing any of your 4 games with Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

:nod:

Here We Go, Steelers!

bdoughty
12-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Denver now tied for 1st place in the AFC West. Team effort because the defense was not that great until the big INT. That QB who shall go unnamed played pretty darn well in the second half. Threw some nice long balls.

SmoothPancakes
12-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Denver now tied for 1st place in the AFC West. Team effort because the defense was not that great until the big INT. That QB who shall go unnamed played pretty darn well in the second half. Threw some nice long balls.

Yeah, he played pretty good today. 10 of 15 passing, 202 yards, 2 TDs and 0 INTs. Ended with a QB rating of 149.3. That seems pretty good to me.

morsdraconis
12-04-2011, 03:31 PM
:smh:

bdoughty
12-04-2011, 03:39 PM
:smh:

:nod:

morsdraconis
12-04-2011, 03:41 PM
I hate that just because they are playing absolutely shit teams right now and their defense and offensive line finally decided to do what they were paid to do, it's all fuckin' Tebow or something... Orton would have been just fine if they would have actually ran the ball while he was QB.

jaymo76
12-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Oakland... what happened today...??? AWFUL!!!

bdoughty
12-04-2011, 03:51 PM
I hate that just because they are playing absolutely shit teams right now and their defense and offensive line finally decided to do what they were paid to do, it's all fuckin' Tebow or something... Orton would have been just fine if they would have actually ran the ball while he was QB.

It is not like Tebow created the schedule or did he? Orton had his chance and he failed, why you bring that up is beyond me. I know you dislike the dude but that does not change the fact he is now 6-1 as a starter this year.

morsdraconis
12-04-2011, 04:11 PM
It is not like Tebow created the schedule or did he? Orton had his chance and he failed, why you bring that up is beyond me. I know you dislike the dude but that does not change the fact he is now 6-1 as a starter this year.

I bring it up because of this:

The Broncos, with Tebow at QB, have beaten one team with a winning record (the horribly overrated and imploding Jets). Talk to me when he beats some good teams with his dumb ass offense. :rolleyes:

You know, instead of getting sacked 7 times and turning the ball over twice the one time he actually played against a good team.

Rudy
12-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Yeah, he played pretty good today. 10 of 15 passing, 202 yards, 2 TDs and 0 INTs. Ended with a QB rating of 149.3. That seems pretty good to me.

I watched the whole game. They didn't ask Tebow to do as much today but he did make some really nice throws downfield. Some of those guys were wide open but he put it on the money. I defnitely see improvement in his passing but still much more work is needed.

You can't ignore Tebow's effect on the running game. The threat of him taking off on the option or a bootleg forces defenses to be honest and account for an extra player on offense. You should know that from watching Pat White at WVU. They never had to worry about Orton running so the defense could cheat to the RB. It certainly is a team effort but Tebow's running ability helps the overall running game and his lack of turnovers is helping the team.

SmoothPancakes
12-04-2011, 07:19 PM
I watched the whole game. They didn't ask Tebow to do as much today but he did make some really nice throws downfield. Some of those guys were wide open but he put it on the money. I defnitely see improvement in his passing but still much more work is needed.

Agreed. He has been improving, that much is very evident. Though he still has a long way to go. However, making him the starter, throwing him in the fire, and forcing him to improve his passing has shown it's had an effect. He's making strides and hopefully will continue to do so.

morsdraconis
12-04-2011, 07:22 PM
I just can't wait until Elway trades him away so they can draft another QB. Gonna be hilarious.

Rudy
12-04-2011, 07:51 PM
I just can't wait until Elway trades him away so they can draft another QB. Gonna be hilarious.

It's very clear Elway does NOT want him to be his QB. Watch both Luck and Barkley be gone with Denver picks in the first round next year and he has to consider RGIII lol.

skipwondah33
12-04-2011, 08:55 PM
I bring it up because of this:

The Broncos, with Tebow at QB, have beaten one team with a winning record (the horribly overrated and imploding Jets). Talk to me when he beats some good teams with his dumb ass offense. :rolleyes:

You know, instead of getting sacked 7 times and turning the ball over twice the one time he actually played against a good team.

+1

People were saying how great the Bengals were looking as well to start the season

They are now 1-5 against teams with winning records (0-2 vs Steelers) and 6-0 against teams with losing records.

JBHuskers
12-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Something you don't see all the time. A nice catch in the end zone by Hakeem Nicks with Charles Woodson all over him. After the play, Woodson extends some knucks for Nicks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

psusnoop
12-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Something you don't see all the time. A nice catch in the end zone by Hakeem Nicks with Charles Woodson all over him. After the play, Woodson extends some knucks for Nicks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

That was pretty sweet :nod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vjE03f0rTY

JBHuskers
12-05-2011, 10:00 AM
I edited your post with a better vid :)

SmoothPancakes
12-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Oh for fuck's sake. :fp:

Favre would listen if reeling Bears call (http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/7319269/source-brett-favre-listen-chicago-bears-called)

Just stay retired and get the fuck out of the media already you goddamn media whore!

JBHuskers
12-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Oh for fuck's sake. :fp:

Favre would listen if reeling Bears call (http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/7319269/source-brett-favre-listen-chicago-bears-called)

Just stay retired and get the fuck out of the media already you goddamn media whore!

I just saw that...good luck in Martz's offense :D

psusnoop
12-05-2011, 04:48 PM
I just saw that...good luck in Martz's offense :D

Not saying I am for it but of anyone available to understand it and play decent in it he has the mind for it. Whether he has the tools to still do it is another question.

psusnoop
12-05-2011, 05:07 PM
I edited your post with a better vid :)

:up:

cdj
12-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Things going from bad to worse for Suh (http://www.kgw.com/news/Passengers-say-Suh-lied-about-Portland-crash-135062198.html):

Detroit Lions star and Portland native Ndamukong Suh lied to police about his crash in downtown Portland, according to two passengers in the car who spoke to KGW in an exclusive interview Monday.

Police also interviewed those two passengers and then amended the police report.

The police report first obtained by KGW said that two people were hurt in the crash and required hospitalization. The second injured person was quoted in the police report as saying, "He [Suh] was driving unsafe. It was just clear to me that we were going too fast."

Suh himself was among those who called 9-1-1 to report the crash. KGW obtained a copy of that 9-1-1 call. When asked “Are you sure you don’t need an ambulance?” Suh replied, “Yes, everyone is fine.”

Yet the female passenger told KGW she did ask Suh to call an ambulance. She said he refused and told her she was fine. She eventually walked down the street and had her husband pick her up and take her to Oregon Health and Science University for treatment.

JBHuskers
12-05-2011, 10:20 PM
Wake the fuck up Suh :fp:

jaymo76
12-05-2011, 11:07 PM
I am liking Suh less and less. The first few times, no big deal but now this guy is being derfined by his actions. Detroit needs to hold this guy responsible as his rep is beginning to make the team look foolish.

Rudy
12-06-2011, 03:57 AM
I've lost a lot of respect for Suh as well. There are stories that we was a jerk at Nebraska too. One of the OL playing for the Jets said there were some incidents in practice. But Jim Schwartz holds a lot of responsibility for this. His own lack of control was seen in him racing after Harbaugh like a hot headed fool and his whole team plays like it. He's carried over the reputation of being dirty from Tennessee as well. The Lions are out of control.

JBHuskers
12-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Yeah, it's not just Suh in Detroit, and that was prevalent on Sunday night.

steelerfan
12-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Jim Schwartz holds a lot of responsibility for this. His own lack of control was seen in him racing after Harbaugh like a hot headed fool and his whole team plays like it. He's carried over the reputation of being dirty from Tennessee as well. The Lions are out of control.

This is the truth. Every bit of it.

SmoothPancakes
12-06-2011, 09:30 PM
ESPN NFL - Brett Favre issues statement saying he's enjoying retirement and "has no plans to play football"

Yeah, you're saying you're enjoying your retirement and have no plans to play football simply because the Bears said "oh helllll no!" to your idiotic mention of considering coming back if they called you.

skipwondah33
12-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Read this on Twitter earlier

QB's vs Vikings D over last 7 games: 146-205 (71.2%) for 1,808 yards (8.82 ypa), 18 TD's, 0 INT's. Vikings have not intercepted a pass since Week 5

Man I hope my fantasy QB's face them while I'm in the playoffs :D

JBHuskers
12-07-2011, 04:00 PM
The Houston Texans sign 41-year old QB Jeff Garcia. Get your Cosmopolitans and Zimas ready Houston!

steelerfan
12-07-2011, 06:10 PM
The Houston Texans sign 41-year old QB Jeff Garcia. Get your Cosmopolitans and Zimas ready Houston!

Not to mention, Bubble Yum.

SmoothPancakes
12-11-2011, 06:05 PM
And the Bears are the latest team to collapse in the presence of Tebow. :D

psusnoop
12-11-2011, 06:21 PM
I can't believe they just won that in OT

steelerfan
12-11-2011, 06:21 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/62c401e2-4915-6465.jpg

psusnoop
12-11-2011, 06:24 PM
59yd fg to force OT was quite impressive though.

Sorry JB

SmoothPancakes
12-11-2011, 06:25 PM
And the Bears have officially been Tebowed. :D

baseballplyrmvp
12-11-2011, 07:10 PM
this is really getting annoying. hopefully new england blows them out of the water next week.

psusnoop
12-11-2011, 07:15 PM
this is really getting annoying. hopefully new england blows them out of the water next week.

They win that game I may start believing :fp:

skipwondah33
12-11-2011, 08:29 PM
They win that game I may start believing :fp:

I'm not a believer. They win that game it would likely be that the Bronco defense shuts down the New England offense because if it's a shootout they aren't winning that battle even if the Pats D sucks

The Broncos also won't have the luxury of watching a 3rd or 4th string QB get ultra conservative.

morsdraconis
12-11-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm not a believer. They win that game it would likely be that the Bronco defense shuts down the New England offense because if it's a shootout they aren't winning that battle even if the Pats D sucks

The Broncos also won't have the luxury of watching a 3rd or 4th string QB get ultra conservative.

:+1:

There's no way the Broncos Defense beats New England.

SmoothPancakes
12-11-2011, 09:05 PM

There's no way the Broncos Defense beats New England.

I honestly don't see it happening, but I am going to laugh so hard that I'm gonna end up in the hospital with some sort of injury if they do. :D

Rudy
12-12-2011, 04:22 AM
I honestly don't see it happening, but I am going to laugh so hard that I'm gonna end up in the hospital with some sort of injury if they do. :D

That would be great if they could pull off that upset. Maybe he could cause Brady to get in a hissy fit with Belichick instead of just the OC. That was interesting this week.

psusnoop
12-12-2011, 05:55 AM

There was tons of sarcasm on my statement.

JBHuskers
12-12-2011, 08:56 AM

More like they got Barbered .... if he didn't run out of bounds, they would have ran out the clock in regulation :fp:

JBHuskers
12-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Either the Cowboys blew another game late, or Jerry Jones has to take a shit.

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/editorial_image/71/712a26a5f20b366dcf462c23bdfec393/garrett_blows_lategame_clock_situation_again_as_co wboys_lose_another_heartbreaker.jpg

SmoothPancakes
12-12-2011, 09:36 AM
The first Tebow Christmas card is out.

https://p.twimg.com/AgeWfLvCMAEUuok.jpg

JBHuskers
12-12-2011, 10:51 AM
For the record, once again, Tebow didn't win this game. The Broncos defense did while he went 3 for 16 in the first three quarters, and then after Marion Barber went out of bounds when the Bears could run out the clock, Matt Prater had to hit a 59 yard field goal just to force overtime. Then after Barber fumbles where the ball was very much in Gould's field goal range, Prater had to hit a 51 yard field goal to win.

psuexv
12-12-2011, 10:56 AM
For the record, once again, Tebow didn't win this game. The Broncos defense did while he went 3 for 16 in the first three quarters, and then after Marion Barber went out of bounds when the Bears could run out the clock, Matt Prater had to hit a 59 yard field goal just to force overtime. Then after Barber fumbles where the ball was very much in Gould's field goal range, Prater had to hit a 51 yard field goal to win.

True it was a team effort, as football is. But you can't overlook the fact that he was 18-24 in the 4th. Prevent defense or not, he still had to make the throws. And most QBs who went 3 for 16 the 3 quarters before that would probably choke and throw the ball into the dirt.

JBHuskers
12-12-2011, 11:12 AM
True it was a team effort, as football is. But you can't overlook the fact that he was 18-24 in the 4th. Prevent defense or not, he still had to make the throws. And most QBs who went 3 for 16 the 3 quarters before that would probably choke and throw the ball into the dirt.

If he was so high and almighty, Prater wouldn't have had to kick 51 and 59 yard field goals. Barber handed them the win, plain and simple.

psuexv
12-12-2011, 11:56 AM
If he was so high and almighty, Prater wouldn't have had to kick 51 and 59 yard field goals. Barber handed them the win, plain and simple.

Yes Barber made some mistakes, all I'm saying is that Tebow steps up in the 4th quarter plain and simple. In these highlights http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d824f5924/Six-in-a-row-for-Tebow he looks like a legit QB, made throws with people in his face and made other nice throws. And if like Urlacher says he's a good running back, obviously not a QB then why were they 40 yards off and leaving guys wide open 15 yards down the field when they are only up by 3?

JBHuskers
12-12-2011, 12:03 PM
God just hates Barber.

psuexv
12-12-2011, 12:04 PM
God just hates Barber.

And that's because of Tebow :D

Coach Kernzy
12-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Haley fired in KC. Good....it won't matter who they bring in though until our tight owner (Clark Hunt) starts spending money and our GM (Scott Pioli) does a better job evaluating talent and drafting.

JBHuskers
12-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Jay Glazer just reported that Tony Sparano got the axe too.

Rudy
12-12-2011, 03:47 PM
I think Sparano was starting to understand what it takes to be a "great" head coach. He's still too conservative although has been better this year. He stopped running such hard practices and letting vets rest a bit more and have more fun. The team is responding although they laid an egg against Philly.

Tebow!!

steelerfan
12-12-2011, 04:17 PM
I think Sparano was starting to understand what it takes to be a "great" head coach. He's still too conservative although has been better this year. He stopped running such hard practices and letting vets rest a bit more and have more fun. The team is responding although they laid an egg against Philly.

Didn't the CBA put an end to the "hard practices"?

Rudy
12-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Didn't the CBA put an end to the "hard practices"?

It did in that you can only have one hard day a week (or less). But the lengths of his practices have gotten shorter and he's loosened up allowing the team to have a little more fun. Tony micro manages a bit too much and he's always believed in working players really hard. He's finally learning (maybe imposed by the CBA) that resting your older veterans more is better. While he's opened up the offense more this year he is still way too conservative in the 4th quarter, playing not to lose rather than trying to win. He's constantly settling for FGs when he should be pushing for TDs and two score leads. He doesn't seem to understand that opposing offenses with their backs against the wall and a full 4 downs tend to score TDs at a higher rate than the first three quarters.

SmoothPancakes
12-12-2011, 05:27 PM
It did in that you can only have one hard day a week (or less). But the lengths of his practices have gotten shorter and he's loosened up allowing the team to have a little more fun. Tony micro manages a bit too much and he's always believed in working players really hard. He's finally learning (maybe imposed by the CBA) that resting your older veterans more is better. While he's opened up the offense more this year he is still way too conservative in the 4th quarter, playing not to lose rather than trying to win. He's constantly settling for FGs when he should be pushing for TDs and two score leads. He doesn't seem to understand that opposing offenses with their backs against the wall and a full 4 downs tend to score TDs at a higher rate than the first three quarters.

Just look at the Broncos for an example of that. :D

JeffHCross
12-12-2011, 07:26 PM

'Tebowing' becomes officially recognized as a word
It appears "Tebowing" is here to stay.

The Global Language Monitor website says it acknowledges that the word Tebowing -- the act of taking a knee in prayer during an athletic contest -- is now part of the English language.

In today's online world, that's practically the equivalent of gaining acceptance to Webster's Dictionary.
Link (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/12/tim-tebow-tebowing-officially-recognized-as-a-word/1)

SmoothPancakes
12-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Link (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/12/tim-tebow-tebowing-officially-recognized-as-a-word/1)

:D Tebowing is here to stay for good it appears. Can't wait to read mors comments and reaction on this little tidbit of info.

morsdraconis
12-12-2011, 08:05 PM
I'm abstaining from acknowledging that he exists.

skipwondah33
12-12-2011, 08:09 PM
My goodness :fp:

steelerfan
12-12-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm abstaining from acknowledging that He exists.

Fixed. ;)

morsdraconis
12-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Fixed. ;)

:D

Not quite as I'll freely admit that I think believing in an invisible man in the sky that does good things (but WAY more bad things) to people that believe in him is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

SmoothPancakes
12-12-2011, 08:36 PM
I'm abstaining from acknowledging that he exists.

Damn. :( I was hoping for something epic. This is like waking up Christmas morning as a kid and finding that Santa left a pile of reindeer shit in your stocking instead of toys.

morsdraconis
12-12-2011, 08:39 PM
It REALLY fuckin' pisses me off that this whole "tebowing" thing is taking off though.

God damn it, I hate our society...

JeffHCross
12-12-2011, 09:56 PM
I hate our society...I'd hate society a lot more if I thought more than 50% of the participants were actually taking it seriously. I actually wouldn't really think it's even that high, but I'm going to hedge my bet.

The amount of people in our society that will do stuff simply for S&G cannot be overestimated.

cdj
12-13-2011, 09:21 AM
This is dedicated to mors. :P Signed, Tim Tebow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zMK9FKMG3Nc

JBHuskers
12-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Seriously ESPN???? Having a debate RIGHT NOW on whether or not the Green Bay Packers are the best team in history??? Ask the 2005 USC and 2007 New England Patriots teams on how that turned out.

steelerfan
12-13-2011, 09:51 AM
Seriously ESPN???? Having a debate RIGHT NOW on whether or not the Green Bay Packers are the best team in history??? Ask the 2005 USC and 2007 New England Patriots teams on how that turned out.

Good. Maybe now they won't win the Super Bowl.

morsdraconis
12-13-2011, 09:55 AM
Skip Bayless is the dumbest "analyst" on the planet. If ever the phrase mouth with no brain needed to be used, it is to describe that moron. All he does is say the most controversial things he can get away with to create talk. Besides all of that, he's an avid Cowboys fanboy, which makes me hate him that much more.

steelerfan
12-13-2011, 10:03 AM
Skip Bayless is the dumbest "analyst" on the planet. If ever the phrase mouth with no brain needed to be used, it is to describe that moron. All he does is say the most controversial things he can get away with to create talk. Besides all of that, he's an avid Cowboys fanboy, which makes me hate him that much more.

Meh. I don't think he's always bad. He's usually better than whoever is sitting across from him on First Take.

steelerfan
12-13-2011, 10:05 AM
James Harrison has been suspended 1 game for the hit on Colt McCoy last week. :rolleyes:

morsdraconis
12-13-2011, 10:08 AM
James Harrison has been suspended 1 game for the hit on Colt McCoy last week. :rolleyes:

As much as they've pussified NFL football, I'm surprised it's only 1 game.

SmoothPancakes
12-13-2011, 10:14 AM
As much as they've pussified NFL football, I'm surprised it's only 1 game.

Yeah, I was figuring 2 at least, especially with as many times as Harrison has had run-ins with Goodell and the league.

JBHuskers
12-13-2011, 10:28 AM
The NFL should have a James Harrison Charity Wing in the Hall of Fame.

ram29jackson
12-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Agreed. He has been improving, that much is very evident. Though he still has a long way to go. However, making him the starter, throwing him in the fire, and forcing him to improve his passing has shown it's had an effect. He's making strides and hopefully will continue to do so.

thats nothing new, thats how it works now anyway, all positions are started too early thanks to massive free agency in part. Aron Rodgers is one of the few who came up the way they made most players come up in the 60s and 70s. You developed your skills for a couple years on a team and took your spot when you were developed/ready..while guys are now, possibly, bigger,stronger,faster. They arent as well schooled in their craft as before. They are very athletic but not technically sound/prepared.

Tebow may not be a pure QB but so what? he is a damn good football player..lets not forget, he was quite possibly one of the greatest college QBs of many years or ever ( dont bother me about quality of opponent, I dont care )

he may not have a golden arm, but obviously , being a QB involves a million other tangibles and he appears to have most of them.

skipwondah33
12-13-2011, 08:34 PM
he may not have a golden arm, but obviously , being a QB involves a million other tangibles and he appears to have most of them.
yeah like playing behind the league's best defense the past 6-7 weeks. They have the #1 run game in the league and if you remove Tebow they still rank #4.

steelerfan
12-13-2011, 09:22 PM
Yep. Run, play good defense, and you don't need a quarterback. Just ask Houston.

However, at some point in the playoffs, both of those teams will wish they had one.

skipwondah33
12-14-2011, 07:38 AM
Yep. Run, play good defense, and you don't need a quarterback. Just ask Houston.

However, at some point in the playoffs, both of those teams will wish they had one.

And absolutely nothing wrong with that formula..Just would be nice if the defense got the bulk of the credit..instead the defense is supposedly playing better all because of Tebow. Hell Elway even said they have been considerably lucky during this run lol

psusnoop
12-14-2011, 07:45 AM
And absolutely nothing wrong with that formula..Just would be nice if the defense got the bulk of the credit..instead the defense is supposedly playing better all because of Tebow. Hell Elway even said they have been considerably lucky during this run lol

Exactly!

JBHuskers
12-14-2011, 09:08 AM

+ :infinity:

I guess Tebow made McGehee run better too on the games he carried the offense.

psuexv
12-14-2011, 09:29 AM
I guess Tebow made McGehee run better too on the games he carried the offense.

Actually Tebow's running and scrambling ability probably does have a lot to do with him getting better looks.

psuexv
12-14-2011, 09:32 AM
You guys are all just haters. The defense does get a lot of credit and a number of people even ESPN have said that. It's a simple formula. The defense plays great the 1st 3 quarters and Tebow sucks. Then the defense holds strong and Tebow puts together great stats and leads them down the field in the 4th and they win the game.

SmoothPancakes
12-14-2011, 10:07 AM
I've come to the conclusion, that it's all by design. They're just trying to set Tebow up to break Elway's record for most 4th quarter comebacks immediately in his career. Most 4th quarter comebacks record today, MVPs, Super Bowls, fixing the world financial markets, finding peace in the Middle East and making Mother Theresa religiously look like a hobo tomorrow.

JBHuskers
12-14-2011, 10:17 AM
I've come to the conclusion, that it's all by design. They're just trying to set Tebow up to break Elway's record for most 4th quarter comebacks immediately in his career. Most 4th quarter comebacks record today, MVPs, Super Bowls, fixing the world financial markets, finding peace in the Middle East and making Mother Theresa religiously look like a hobo tomorrow.

No wonder Elway wants to deal him out of town.

skipwondah33
12-14-2011, 11:51 AM
You guys are all just haters. The defense does get a lot of credit and a number of people even ESPN have said that. It's a simple formula. The defense plays great the 1st 3 quarters and Tebow sucks. Then the defense holds strong and Tebow puts together great stats and leads them down the field in the 4th and they win the game.
Wouldn't that mean that the defense played great all game, then the offense finally did something? The D doesn't play great for 3 quarters then suddenly get worse in the 4th quarter. The reason the game isn't laughable is because the defense is stopping the other team from scoring. And I'll give Tebow credit when he misses on a pass he really misses his WR rather than throwing right to the opposing defense. You do that and you've already won half the battle IMO.

I know all about the formula their using..Cowher did similar with Ben..limit his throws, run the ball, play great defense.

This is a feel good story, the teams with real aspirations to win the Super Bowl aren't fearing the Broncos

JBHuskers
12-14-2011, 12:20 PM
Wouldn't that mean that the defense played great all game, then the offense finally did something? The D doesn't play great for 3 quarters then suddenly get worse in the 4th quarter. The reason the game isn't laughable is because the defense is stopping the other team from scoring. And I'll give Tebow credit when he misses on a pass he really misses his WR rather than throwing right to the opposing defense. You do that and you've already won half the battle IMO.

I know all about the formula their using..Cowher did similar with Ben..limit his throws, run the ball, play great defense.

This is a feel good story, the teams with real aspirations to win the Super Bowl aren't fearing the Broncos

Unfortunately if the Denver Tebows beat the Pats this week, all the Tebow blowjob givers will say SEE! Yet they don't know that NE has the worst defense in the league.

psuexv
12-14-2011, 12:26 PM

Yes that would be another way to say it :)

What is funny is that you have numbers for all of these Qbs for number of 4th quarter comebacks, nobody really complains. Then Tebow comes along and leads all these 4th quarter comebacks and it's a big deal that the Defense and running game aren't getting credit for it. But I will say it is amazing the numbers he puts up in the 4th quarter especially after how terrible he plays in the 1st 3. It's like a switch........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxMBAjp6PhI

JBHuskers
12-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Best. Movie. Evar!

psuexv
12-14-2011, 12:56 PM
Best. Movie. Evar!

Guarantee Tebow watches this part before every 4th quarter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ucW_ggp4RN4#t=244s

JBHuskers
12-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Guarantee Tebow watches this part before every 4th quarter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ucW_ggp4RN4#t=244s

Or this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUw3xg7IbAs

JBHuskers
12-14-2011, 01:34 PM
From Darren Rovell:

Tim Tebow can't sign autographs fast enough, fee rises http://bit.ly/uGUoBV

psuexv
12-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Or this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2CTihQy_XE

steelerfan
12-14-2011, 02:01 PM
I wonder how much Tebow gets for a prayer cloth?

skipwondah33
12-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Yes that would be another way to say it :)

What is funny is that you have numbers for all of these Qbs for number of 4th quarter comebacks, nobody really complains. Then Tebow comes along and leads all these 4th quarter comebacks and it's a big deal that the Defense and running game aren't getting credit for it.
Thats because those other QB's aren't seriously sucking it up the majority of the game usually and can do the exact same thing in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd quarter as they can in the 4th.

Again I don't see polls and every one on ESPN, radio gushing about the Broncos defense except for when they talk about Von Miller.

Good for them and Timmy though.. their winning..just like to hear equal due to the defense is all I'm saying. Maybe this type of offense will last longer and be even better than the Wildcat that got the Dolphins stomped out of the playoffs.

JBHuskers
12-14-2011, 02:16 PM

It depends if it touched his genitals.

ram29jackson
12-14-2011, 02:30 PM
you guys are making it sound like tebow is just some bumbling idiot thats lucky to be there.

no QB can win in the NFL with no personal good tools and not without a good team around him. it takes all 11/22 guys to win..but a QB is still the important nerve center and he is helping the teams produce wins.

all this arm chair coach junk about the term-game manager- is just rediculous. If you are nothing but a game manager, you would be on the bench at second or 3rd string. I'm not saying he's really great yet or anything. But he is a starting QB and they are winning..Matt Lienhart would trade places with him any day LOL.....

ram29jackson
12-14-2011, 02:33 PM

Christians dont use/need prayer cloths..i've never even really heard of that / well, 'ive heard of it but never dwelled on it...I assume thats a Catholic thing ? or Muslim?

steelerfan
12-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Christians dont use/need prayer cloths..i've never even really heard of that / well, 'ive heard of it but never dwelled on it...I assume thats a Catholic thing ? or Muslim?

Sigh. :fp:

Catholics ARE Christians. Christian means that you believe that Christ is the Messiah, the Son of God.

Also, prayer cloths are mostly used by Pentecostals (who are also Christians) and the like. Ever see a Televangelist? Lol.

JBHuskers
12-14-2011, 02:52 PM
If you told me this morning that Steelerfan was going to give us a church lesson, I would have fell out of my chair laughing.

steelerfan
12-14-2011, 02:57 PM
If you told me this morning that Steelerfan was going to give us a church lesson, I would have fell out of my chair laughing.

I know a lot of stuff about a lot of stuff. ;)

ram29jackson
12-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Sigh. :fp:

Catholics ARE Christians. Christian means that you believe that Christ is the Messiah, the Son of God.

Also, prayer cloths are mostly used by Pentecostals (who are also Christians) and the like. Ever see a Televangelist? Lol.

thats a nice generality but not a truth..Catholics are not Christians..they parallel in alot of ways without actually meeting with most theology...and I dont give a damn about televangilists, they are neither, just rip off artists.

dude, I want some more NCAA games with you at some point ! or anybody else if they have time ? steelerfan seems to have a FIFA thing lately..

JBHuskers
12-14-2011, 03:42 PM
For the first time in NFL history, we could see a RB/TE combo get 80 receptions in the same year. With Jimmy Graham (80) and Darren Sproles (74) of the Saints.

steelerfan
12-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Protestants will say Catholics are not Christians, particularly Baptists, based on them not sharing the belief that Christ is the only way to Heaven.

However, many Catholics will say they are Christians based on the fact that they believe Christ is the Son of God. If you want to tell the Catholics that they aren't Christians, be my guest. I'll take their word for it.

And, yes, I'm back on FIFA. Great game. But, I will play you again in NCAA at some point.

skipwondah33
12-14-2011, 03:53 PM
you guys are making it sound like tebow is just some bumbling idiot thats lucky to be there.

no QB can win in the NFL with no personal good tools and not without a good team around him. it takes all 11/22 guys to win..but a QB is still the important nerve center and he is helping the teams produce wins.

all this arm chair coach junk about the term-game manager- is just rediculous. If you are nothing but a game manager, you would be on the bench at second or 3rd string. I'm not saying he's really great yet or anything. But he is a starting QB and they are winning..Matt Lienhart would trade places with him any day LOL.....
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6171/51499294.png

He definitely doesn't agree with you AND has a

http://designcrave.frsucrave.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/DC0111SB-35.jpg

to prove it

JBHuskers
12-14-2011, 03:53 PM
protestants will say catholics are not christians, particularly baptists, based on them not sharing the belief that christ is the only way to heaven.

However, many catholics will say they are christians based on the fact that they believe christ is the son of god. If you want to tell the catholics that they aren't christians, be my guest. I'll take their word for it.

And, yes, i'm back on fifa. Great game. But, i will play you again in ncaa at some point.

Sent from my samsung-sgh-i997 using tapatalk

Jesus Christ!

psusnoop
12-14-2011, 04:05 PM
AMEN.....

:D:D

psuexv
12-14-2011, 04:08 PM
Wham, Bam, what the fuck just happened in this thread.

ram29jackson
12-14-2011, 04:08 PM
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6171/51499294.png

He definitely doesn't agree with you AND has a

http://designcrave.frsucrave.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/DC0111SB-35.jpg

to prove it

thats exactly why I brought it up..calling Dilfer a game manager is a bunch of bull..you dont win Super Bowls with game managers..you dont need to be a top 5/10 QB to be a winning QB in the NFL..it doesnt mean you are bad or JUST a game manager..thats just dumb bar room sports talk..they ranked 15th in pass offense that year..if you are just a game manager, you rank 20 or below. He was a veteran QB who did his job well

psuexv
12-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Jesus Christ!

It's Cheesus Crust
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jmZ4I_Hs2H4#t=31s

JBHuskers
12-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Wham, Bam, what the fuck just happened in this thread.

It got all churchy in here.

steelerfan
12-14-2011, 04:17 PM
I would like it to be duly noted that I wasn't the one who made this thread uncomfortable for Christians (be they Catholic or Protestant). ;)

SmoothPancakes
12-14-2011, 05:03 PM
It's Cheesus Crust
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jmZ4I_Hs2H4#t=31s

Blasphemy. It's all about Jobu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gndH9mhHPk0

SmoothPancakes
12-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Protestants will say Catholics are not Christians, particularly Baptists, based on them not sharing the belief that Christ is the only way to Heaven.

However, many Catholics will say they are Christians based on the fact that they believe Christ is the Son of God. If you want to tell the Catholics that they aren't Christians, be my guest. I'll take their word for it.

And, yes, I'm back on FIFA. Great game. But, I will play you again in NCAA at some point.

I'm Catholic. I consider myself a Christian. So yeah...

skipwondah33
12-14-2011, 05:52 PM
thats exactly why I brought it up..calling Dilfer a game manager is a bunch of bull..you dont win Super Bowls with game managers..you dont need to be a top 5/10 QB to be a winning QB in the NFL..it doesnt mean you are bad or JUST a game manager..thats just dumb bar room sports talk..they ranked 15th in pass offense that year..if you are just a game manager, you rank 20 or below. He was a veteran QB who did his job well

Ahh the Ravens didn't win a SB because of him...he was carried to a SB literally. All he had to do was not F up and turn the ball over, maybe get a FG and a TD an that was it

And the Broncos rank 31st in the pass...not a mathematician but that's bad.

Differ was a game manager who didn't turn the ball over. He wasn't even a mediocre QB if you look at his stats. Think he had 1 or 2 actually solid seasons. Guess that is when he had to actually lead the team instead of manage a game

Another example of someone currently "game managing"...resides in San Fran. Alex Smith plays it safe, doesn't turn the ball over..hand it off to Gore. Let the defense shut shit down.

Nothing wrong with being a game manager either but wins aren't attained in the majority because of them. Just my opinion..I dont hear anyone claiming Dilfer won the Ravens a SB from that year

ram29jackson
12-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Ahh the Ravens didn't win a SB because of him...he was carried to a SB literally. All he had to do was not F up and turn the ball over, maybe get a FG and a TD an that was it

And the Broncos rank 31st in the pass...not a mathematician but that's bad.

Differ was a game manager who didn't turn the ball over. He wasn't even a mediocre QB if you look at his stats. Think he had 1 or 2 actually solid seasons. Guess that is when he had to actually lead the team instead of manage a game

Another example of someone currently "game managing"...resides in San Fran. Alex Smith plays it safe, doesn't turn the ball over..hand it off to Gore. Let the defense shut shit down.

Nothing wrong with being a game manager either but wins aren't attained in the majority because of them. Just my opinion..I dont hear anyone claiming Dilfer won the Ravens a SB from that year

defenses can not carry teams to Super Bowls..they can not nor never have lead the league in scoring...sure, they can give you better field position and score on occasion , and the best they can do is give an offense better field position for the most part, but the offense still has to produce the majority of points to win.. and keep the ball..if the defense helps them not have to score as many points, thats great, but the offense still has the bulk of the point production obligation.

as long as the offense doesnt turn the ball over? well of course not,..thats true of winning teams wether they are 15-1 or 8 and 7 in the win,loss column. it doesnt matter whether youre Brady or Dilfer..you win by not turning the ball over..that doesnt take away from Dilfer being the right man at the right time to be a QB on that team..he was allowed to make hot reads etc and adjust to what he saw the defense do..thats not a game manager, thats an experienced QB......LOL oh, and Brady wouldnt get half the talk / praise he gets if it wasnt for Vinatari's foot haha..for all Brady's yards, he doesnt have 2 Super Bowls without Vinatari !! and

Merry Christmas and Happy Football year everybody!!!!!

skipwondah33
12-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Defense wins championships...

ram29jackson
12-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Defense wins championships...

:) its a cute slogan but its not an ultimate truth.

scoring more points in a game wins championships. Now of course you want both units to do well, but again, no defense has ever lead the league in scoring. Defense can put you in a better position to help the offense score points and win, but they cant be relied upon for point production. Keeping the other offense from scoring more definitely helps, but its offense that scores or gets closer to the red zone for the kicker. ...I'm just having fun with the sports talk. Not trying to be dogmatic :)

defense can put you in a better position for the possibility of winning- nothing more- nothing less

baseballplyrmvp
12-14-2011, 08:15 PM
i got into an argument with my coworker today, when he asked me "who would i rather have as my qb: tebow or romo?"

i asked how good is my team's defense? and he looked at me like i was retarded. so i asked again, "do i have an elite level, average, or terrible defense?" and then he went off saying that the qb shouldnt have any affect on what the defense does. i tried to explain my logic, when he interrupted me and said i was stupid for picking against tebow, that i didnt know football, and that i was a moron for trusting romo with the game on the line.

skipwondah33
12-14-2011, 11:33 PM
:) its a cute slogan but its not an ultimate truth.

scoring more points in a game wins championships. Now of course you want both units to do well, but again, no defense has ever lead the league in scoring. Defense can put you in a better position to help the offense score points and win, but they cant be relied upon for point production. Keeping the other offense from scoring more definitely helps, but its offense that scores or gets closer to the red zone for the kicker. ...I'm just having fun with the sports talk. Not trying to be dogmatic :)

defense can put you in a better position for the possibility of winning- nothing more- nothing less

Tell that to the high flying, record blasting, super potent, etc, etc, etc 18-1 New England Patriots who ran into a solid defense and stellar pass rush that could defend them, then when they needed their defense to make a stop they couldn't

Or how about the 15-1 2nd highest scoring offense in history Minnesota Vikings...how their season turn out? Their defense was horrible that year.

Well just have to disagree on this..no problem

ram29jackson
12-15-2011, 01:42 AM
Tell that to the high flying, record blasting, super potent, etc, etc, etc 18-1 New England Patriots who ran into a solid defense and stellar pass rush that could defend them, then when they needed their defense to make a stop they couldn't

Or how about the 15-1 2nd highest scoring offense in history Minnesota Vikings...how their season turn out? Their defense was horrible that year.

Well just have to disagree on this..no problem

like I said, its good to have 2 strong units. But ultimately, the defense is still just the ultimate in a helper. Yes, the Giants defense held of/stopped the Patriots but the offense still had to score more points. You can have a number one ranked defense and still have no wins. Its not a stat arguement, its a logic arguement.

..will the Pack go undefeated ? does Detroit beat them at game 16 ? what will Eli's ratings be in Madden this week ? LOL

skipwondah33
12-15-2011, 10:29 AM
I forgot about the mother of them all...

Super Bowl XXXVII

Oakland Raiders #1 ranked Offense

Tampa Bay Bucs #1 ranked Defense

..essentially blew them out because that #1 D made the Raiders look amateur.

Anyway good talk, always good to talk football Ram

In regard to your other questions.Yes the Pack will go undefeated because no one can stop their pass game and their defense forces turnovers. Capers does a great job with that unit how he utilizes their blitz schemes. Now they have struggled stopping people which could be their down fall when they run into an offensively capable team. If they run the ball like they did against Oakland though and Jennings is not seriously hurt they are going back to the Super Bowl easily.

Detroit will not beat them..

Eli will likely stay the same rating he is, though he may get a slight bump lol

psuexv
12-15-2011, 12:03 PM
:popcorn:

The thing is you are both right. But the winner goes to Skip since he actually put examples with his argument and Ram was struggling to get his point across. Ram you needed examples like....

The Baltimore Ravens (pick a year)
1999 Penn State team - maybe one of the best defenses of all time with Arrington, Courtney Brown and such, but the offense was pathetic and wouldn't keep them off the field
2004 Penn State team - The defense was top 5 in about every category and they were 4-8 because their offense was terrible. The defense actually almost won a game themselves against Iowa as the score was 4-6.

JBHuskers
12-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Chicago Bear WR Sam Hurd gets arrested today for attempting to buy HALF A TON of weed and TEN KILOS of coke.

...and then this follow-up:

Report that authorities now have list of NFL players that were getting drugs from Sam Hurd.....uh oh!

psuexv
12-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Half a Ton??????????????? Who's his supplier, the entire country of Columbia?

JBHuskers
12-15-2011, 01:42 PM
Half a Ton??????????????? Who's his supplier, the entire country of Columbia?

I'm curious to see if that list gets out to the public.

psuexv
12-15-2011, 01:47 PM
http://www.xenafan.com/movies/bod/sounds/puresnow.wav

psuexv
12-15-2011, 01:48 PM
And I'm sure he's selling high end stuff, that's a lot of dimebags and a lot of $$$$$$

ram29jackson
12-15-2011, 02:04 PM
:popcorn:

The thing is you are both right. But the winner goes to Skip since he actually put examples with his argument and Ram was struggling to get his point across. Ram you needed examples like....

The Baltimore Ravens (pick a year)
1999 Penn State team - maybe one of the best defenses of all time with Arrington, Courtney Brown and such, but the offense was pathetic and wouldn't keep them off the field
2004 Penn State team - The defense was top 5 in about every category and they were 4-8 because their offense was terrible. The defense actually almost won a game themselves against Iowa as the score was 4-6.

LOL no, I didnt struggle with anything, I typed what I chose to type...my example was all encompassing and that was that you can have a number one ranked defense and still lose all your games, its mathematically very possible..and the Bucs example is poor because its an extreme example of a team whos coach new the other teams playbook for obvious reasons LOL...also, that Defense was great for years before but obviously,they didnt move further in the playoffs till the offense got better LOL, they kept the Rams to very low point production in that game that Ricky Prohl caught the TD pass but the Bucs offense didnt produce....defense keeps you in the hunt, but it doesnt win it for you,offense has to produce or you get no where

you can quote teams stats all you want..But I stated its not about stats, its a logic argument

point production wins championships , and the offense will always score more points than the defense.. good defense puts you in the best position possible but the offense has to produce more often then not for the win column to be busy.....LOL ok, I'm done with my redundancy ........I need a job LOL

ram29jackson
12-15-2011, 02:06 PM
well, there goes the Bears season...half a ton.........?

ram29jackson
12-15-2011, 02:07 PM
the Bears may have to draft an expansion team after this....

psuexv
12-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Chicago Bear WR Sam Hurd gets arrested today for attempting to buy HALF A TON of weed and TEN KILOS of coke.

...and then this follow-up:

Report that authorities now have list of NFL players that were getting drugs from Sam Hurd.....uh oh!

That article says half a ton a week, he must have an empire. Holy shit...... that's a lot of dealing to be going through 1000 bricks a week.

JBHuskers
12-15-2011, 02:18 PM
well, there goes the Bears season...half a ton.........?

Well hopefully there weren't many Bears ... As for Hurd, no big loss, only 8 catches on the year.

ram29jackson
12-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Well hopefully there weren't many Bears ... As for Hurd, no big loss, only 8 catches on the year.

yeah,but they were already struggling and this can have a negative effect on a team Psyche...just sad the pure greed involved

ram29jackson
12-15-2011, 02:31 PM
if they find that a few players in Chicago were buying, I would expect Madden to lesson the Bears awareness ratings waaaay down...like they're stoned .....baaaad joke

JBHuskers
12-15-2011, 02:45 PM
if they find that a few players in Chicago were buying, I would expect Madden to lesson the Bears awareness ratings waaaay down...like they're stoned .....baaaad joke

:D

steelerfan
12-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Wow. That is a ridiculous amount of coke and weed. I'm going to guess that the list is mostly Cowboys players, and some Bears players (notably the ones who came to Chicago from Dallas in the offseason).

Hurd went to Northern Illinois, so he probably doesn't have many college buddies in the NFL, lol.

psusnoop
12-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Sounds like he was ready to party :D:D

JBHuskers
12-15-2011, 03:55 PM
What I didn't put in my first post....Hurd was requesting HALF A TON of weed and 10 KILOS of coke

PER WEEK

ram29jackson
12-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Thats got to be somewhat exagerated..even if you sell by the pound, how can you keep pushing that out...besides, it says he rquested, but who knows how much he got? entire mafias couldnt push that hard ...?

skipwondah33
12-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Mr 17.5 Sam Hurd!

skipwondah33
12-15-2011, 06:16 PM
LOL no, I didnt struggle with anything, I typed what I chose to type...my example was all encompassing and that was that you can have a number one ranked defense and still lose all your games, its mathematically very possible..and the Bucs example is poor because its an extreme example of a team whos coach new the other teams playbook for obvious reasons LOL...also, that Defense was great for years before but obviously,they didnt move further in the playoffs till the offense got better LOL, they kept the Rams to very low point production in that game that Ricky Prohl caught the TD pass but the Bucs offense didnt produce....defense keeps you in the hunt, but it doesnt win it for you,offense has to produce or you get no where

you can quote teams stats all you want..But I stated its not about stats, its a logic argument

point production wins championships , and the offense will always score more points than the defense.. good defense puts you in the best position possible but the offense has to produce more often then not for the win column to be busy.....LOL ok, I'm done with my redundancy ........I need a job LOL
Of course offense scores points and all that but you can't tell me the Ravens or Bucs for that matter would have won the title predominantly with their offenses. Their defenses only needed the offense to score a few FG's and that's it. The Ravens offense was abysmal other than their run game which ranked 5th..passing 23rd. If it was mostly because of offense again the Pats and Vikings would all be SB champs those record setting years without a problem. Which is why in the end you need defense. If everyone kept scoring at some point you will need a stop which is why defenses win championships.

Think we're saying the same thing in a sense your just saying in favor of offense and im saying in favor of defense but Tebow doesn't win many games without the defense the Broncos have..Brady ad Rodgers still win games even if they have last ranked defenses in the league..they won't win a championship though if a defense can stop them

Good talk Ram..seriously I'm finished man this time lol

steelerfan
12-15-2011, 06:20 PM
Virtually every year, the majority of the playoff teams rank in the top 12 defensively. Offense is all over the place.

Houston has had a top 5 offense for years, but couldn't sniff the playoffs until this year (they're now #1 on total defense).

ram29jackson
12-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Virtually every year, the majority of the playoff teams rank in the top 12 defensively. Offense is all over the place.

Houston has had a top 5 offense for years, but couldn't sniff the playoffs until this year (they're now #1 on total defense).

thats the ultimate equation ..you see...being top 12 in defense means absolutely nothing if you dont score on offense.

skipwondah33
12-18-2011, 02:12 PM
I posted about the Vikings pass defense and how poor they were back when the Broncos played them

Brees is 25-31, 341 yards and 5 TD's..3rd quarter

skipwondah33
12-18-2011, 03:08 PM
KC Defense gave the Packers problems holding them to their lowest point total..Offense put up enough points for their D.

Really thought they would go undefeated

ram29jackson
12-18-2011, 03:54 PM
KC Defense gave the Packers problems holding them to their lowest point total..Offense put up enough points for their D.

Really thought they would go undefeated

the last 2 weeks of the season are always funky, nothing new, but damn, the Pack shouldnt have dropped off against the Cheifs..but the last 2 and 3 weeks, players/teams will play hard for pride and jobs next season

steelerfan
12-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Upsets and road teams were the story of the early games. Bookies must be happy. :nod:

ram29jackson
12-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Upsets and road teams were the story of the early games. Bookies must be happy. :nod:

i doubt anything was a suprise to them as well,if I know the last 3 weeks are funky, they know it too and will bait people to bet the other way

steelerfan
12-18-2011, 04:47 PM
i doubt anything was a suprise to them as well,if I know the last 3 weeks are funky, they know it too and will bait people to bet the other way

The dumbass public bets on favorites and Overs, which is why I said the bookmakers are happy.

steelerfan
12-18-2011, 06:34 PM
New England 41, Denver 23

http://img.tapatalk.com/62c401e2-867f-2c29.jpg

skipwondah33
12-18-2011, 08:06 PM
So if the Broncos win their division they will host either the Ravens or the Steelers

ram29jackson
12-18-2011, 08:45 PM
The dumbass public bets on favorites and Overs, which is why I said the bookmakers are happy.

actually, in most of my serious bowl pools for money with friends. Picking the favorites has netted more wins than losses..its those plus or minus 2.5s that are the sticky ones LOL

steelerfan
12-18-2011, 09:26 PM
actually, in most of my serious bowl pools for money with friends. Picking the favorites has netted more wins than losses..its those plus or minus 2.5s that are the sticky ones LOL

Pools with buddies and Vegas are completely different animals.

steelerfan
12-18-2011, 09:59 PM
The Steelers are back in control of their own destiny for capturing the #1 seed in the AFC. BIG game tomorrow night!

morsdraconis
12-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Will the four letter network and it's cronies talk about something besides Tebow now? Probably not. Hell, they talked to a reporter in Denver about the game and she actually had the audacity to say that Tebow looked good against New England!!! Do these people seriously even WATCH football?

Tebow - 11/22 194 yards 4 sacks 1 fumble

Yup. He looked great against a team that's been, AVERAGING 296.7 ypg through the air. Yup, fuckin' GREAT I tell ya. :fp:

SmoothPancakes
12-18-2011, 11:14 PM
Yes mors, we get it already, you hate the guy no matter what.

morsdraconis
12-18-2011, 11:28 PM
Yes mors, we get it already, you hate the guy no matter what.

No, I hate what he represents, because the media LOVES talking about the guy. The dude CAN'T play QB. Sell out to stop the run and watch him get annihilated. Don't play pussy cover 2 defense and watch him flounder.

Yet, because of their stretch of playing shitty teams with no defense along with their defense REALLY stepping up their game, we have this sensational bullshit lead by the four letter network where all they do is talk about him, a player who can BARELY play his position.

I mean, he just played against the worst pass defense in the NFL when it comes to yards per game allowed yet put up the least amount of yards passing that they've allowed all season.

Don't get me wrong though. He's a hell of an option QB it just doesn't work in the NFL. It's too easy to stop when the guy can barely complete passes 15 yards down the field with any consistency. Just look at what happened with the Wildcat and the Dolphins and how long that lasted. One good season out of it, in which they were COMPLETELY exposed to the failings of it toward the end of the season and that's the last we've seen of it.

There's a damn good reason why the college offenses that require the QB to run with the ball more haven't made it to the NFL yet. They just won't work consistently because they require PERFECT execution by the offense without perfect execution by the defense.

SmoothPancakes
12-19-2011, 01:38 AM
Well, for as much time as you complain about ESPN talking about Tebow, you seem to spend just as much time talking about him as well. Whether it's making him out to be the savior of football as we know it, or bitching about the guy, both you and ESPN seem to be talking about nothing but Tebow these days.

steelerfan
12-19-2011, 08:19 AM
"Six or seven weeks ago, people said he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. He does that. I think he can do that."

- John Fox on Tim Tebow

:fp:

skipwondah33
12-19-2011, 08:28 AM
I thought it was funny yesterday that a commentator said part of the reason he is inaccurate at times is because he doesn't want to throw an interception. That was after he missed an Out route by 10 yards.

skipwondah33
12-19-2011, 08:30 AM
The Steelers are back in control of their own destiny for capturing the #1 seed in the AFC. BIG game tomorrow night!

Definitely..Looking forward to it. Not sure if Ben will play, its a huge game but the bigger picture is him being healthy for the playoffs.

steelerfan
12-19-2011, 08:38 AM
Definitely..Looking forward to it. Not sure if Ben will play, its a huge game but the bigger picture is him being healthy for the playoffs.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette says Ben is expected to start.

http://burgh.us/b0d

JBHuskers
12-19-2011, 08:47 AM
4th time in NFL history two 10 win teams with a .750+ win % meet on MNF. All of the other three matchups involved and were won by the 49ers.

skipwondah33
12-19-2011, 08:53 AM
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette says Ben is expected to start.

http://burgh.us/b0d
Yeah its no doubt in my mind he is able to play, just wasn't sure if the coaches would hold him in terms of looking down the road. It is a big opportunity though to take over 1st place in the AFC.

steelerfan
12-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Yeah its no doubt in my mind he is able to play, just wasn't sure if the coaches would hold him in terms of looking down the road. It is a big opportunity though to take over 1st place in the AFC.

The PPG (see link above) says the decision for Ben to play was made before Baltimore got beat.

skipwondah33
12-19-2011, 09:09 AM
The PPG (see link above) says the decision for Ben to play was made before Baltimore got beat.

Gotcha

steelerfan
12-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Gotcha

I was just saying, I'd rather hear that the coaching staff believes he is healthy enough to play than to hear that he is playing because Baltimore lost.

This is clearly their biggest challenge remaining (vs 2-12 Rams, at 4-10 Browns). A win tonight should get Pittsburgh homefield throughout.

Here We Go, Steelers!

morsdraconis
12-19-2011, 09:44 AM
I was just saying, I'd rather hear that the coaching staff believes he is healthy enough to play than to hear that he is playing because Baltimore lost.

This is clearly their biggest challenge remaining (vs 2-12 Rams, at 4-10 Browns). A win tonight should get Pittsburgh homefield throughout.

Here We Go, Steelers!

But at the cost of possibly not having Roethlisberger for the playoffs? I mean, I know he's going to play (there's little doubt that he's not), but it's an awfully big risk just to get homefield advantage when it's pretty likely that sitting him would get you at least two wins anyway against the remaining competition.

steelerfan
12-19-2011, 09:49 AM
But at the cost of possibly not having Roethlisberger for the playoffs? I mean, I know he's going to play (there's little doubt that he's not), but it's an awfully big risk just to get homefield advantage when it's pretty likely that sitting him would get you at least two wins anyway against the remaining competition.

Again, hearing they believe he is healthy enough to play is the key to me. I'd be more concerned if he were playing just because the Ravens lost.

The playoffs don't start for 3 weeks, a month if you get a bye. Hopefully, they win tonight and then are able to take it easy on Ben, if need be, from there.

psusnoop
12-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Again, hearing they believe he is healthy enough to play is the key to me. I'd be more concerned if he were playing just because the Ravens lost.

The playoffs don't start for 3 weeks, a month if you get a bye. Hopefully, they win tonight and then are able to take it easy on Ben, if need be, from there.

Me too, suit him up and give him the rock! Lets go Steelers!

steelerfan
12-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Me too, suit him up and give him the rock! Lets go Steelers!

Latest report says he's a game-time decision.

steelerfan
12-19-2011, 01:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul2dhNaQgxM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

JBHuskers
12-19-2011, 01:11 PM
Jesus: That's because I'm not in everyone's face about it :D

morsdraconis
12-19-2011, 01:22 PM

ram29jackson
12-19-2011, 02:15 PM
look..neither the Steelers nor Patriots are making it to the Super Bowl this year, and even if they do because that conference (AFC) appears weak now, neither will win it either LOL..hell, both conferences by and large suck..but the Super Bowl winner will be an NFC team this year again

JBHuskers
12-19-2011, 02:24 PM
I did say Packers/Steelers Super Bowl in the preseason :up:

steelerfan
12-19-2011, 02:31 PM
look..neither the Steelers nor Patriots are making it to the Super Bowl this year, and even if they do because that conference (AFC) appears weak now, neither will win it either LOL..hell, both conferences by and large suck..but the Super Bowl winner will be an NFC team this year again

This from the guy who said that the Jets had caught up to the Steelers after week 1. :fp:

steelerfan
12-19-2011, 02:32 PM
I did say Packers/Steelers Super Bowl in the preseason :up:

Long way to go, buddy.

ram29jackson
12-19-2011, 02:46 PM
This from the guy who said that the Jets had caught up to the Steelers after week 1. :fp:

I did?...didnt the Ravens play the Steelers in week one?.. well,in any case, I am not wrong about this.:cool:

steelerfan
12-19-2011, 02:53 PM
I did?...didnt the Ravens play the Steelers in week one?.. well,in any case, I am not wrong about this.:cool:

You said the Jets will "shoot past" Pittsburgh. It's in this thread.

So, if Pittsburgh or New England won't be in the Super Bowl, who will?

The Ravens? If the Steelers win tonight, Baltimore would likely have to win 3 road games to get there. They are 3-4 on the road.

The AFC West winner?

Houston?

Who?

You better hope it's not the Chiefs. :D

steelerfan
12-19-2011, 02:58 PM
I'm really surprised where the Total is for tonight's game (38). These teams are 1 and 2 in PPG allowed. I figured the Total would be more like 33. I think they are giving up 29 between them.

ram29jackson
12-19-2011, 03:13 PM
You said the Jets will "shoot past" Pittsburgh. It's in this thread.

So, if Pittsburgh or New England won't be in the Super Bowl, who will?

The Ravens? If the Steelers win tonight, Baltimore would likely have to win 3 road games to get there. They are 3-4 on the road.

The AFC West winner?

Houston?

Who?

You better hope it's not the Chiefs. :D

like I said, its a weak conference, but the Pats or Steelers still wont win the SB even if they get there...the Jets did show signs of progression the last 2 years so that was surprising..the problem with parity is; everyone plays to the lowest common denominator and theres no consistency..theres only 5 QBs worth a damn this year, the rest are injured or too young or inconsitant...the Pats and Steelers are quality organizations but their cycles are ending, their QBs, even as good as they are are out of the prime window for success while key parts of their O and D arent what they need to be for a true championship run......all those years of bumping into walls and trees and stuff is catching up to Ben LOL

steelerfan
12-19-2011, 03:28 PM
like I said, its a weak conference, but the Pats or Steelers still wont win the SB even if they get there...the Jets did show signs of progression the last 2 years so that was surprising..the problem with parity is; everyone plays to the lowest common denominator and theres no consistency..theres only 5 QBs worth a damn this year, the rest are injured or too young or inconsitant...the Pats and Steelers are quality organizations but their cycles are ending, their QBs, even as good as they are are out of the prime window for success while key parts of their O and D arent what they need to be for a true championship run......all those years of bumping into walls and trees and stuff is catching up to Ben LOL

Wow, that's some seriously ignorant stuff. Ben is 29. His "prime window for success"is far from over.

But, I'm glad I can shut off the TV and quit watching. I now know that Pittsburgh and New England can't reach the Super Bowl, and if they do, it's a fluke because the AFC is horrible and there is no way they can beat the NFC. Whatever, dude.

steelerfan
12-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Not to mention that the Steelers "cycle" has been very consistent for 20 years and they've been contenders more than not for 40 years.

ram29jackson
12-19-2011, 04:41 PM
Wow, that's some seriously ignorant stuff. Ben is 29. His "prime window for success"is far from over.

But, I'm glad I can shut off the TV and quit watching. I now know that Pittsburgh and New England can't reach the Super Bowl, and if they do, it's a fluke because the AFC is horrible and there is no way they can beat the NFC. Whatever, dude.

man LOL you take things to extremes ... I didnt say they were done with being good and geezers... i said the window is closing for this recent cycle of being the ultimate in dominance and i said they were good organizations, but being one of the top 2 in your division still doesnt mean you dominate the next level..sure plenty of guys play into their 30s..Bens only 29,but he is one beat up 29 year old, you should be able to see that by now.

theres nothing ignorant about what Ive said, i'm 46 and seen these sports cycles take place over and over and over again..nothing new or different is happening..no one said that it was a fluke if they made it, they are good organizations so they will fight to be better than the rest but it does become a little easier when all your competition is a bunch of free agents with no team cohesiveness bouncing around year to year. The Steelers and Pats are good, thats not a fluke, but league wide, competition is much weaker , so, how good are they really?

steelerfan
12-19-2011, 04:47 PM
You said "their QBs are out of their prime windows for success". To say that about a 29-year-old is ignorant. No matter how beat up you think Ben is.

steelerfan
12-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Oh, and I'm 37 so don't think I haven't seen what you have.

ram29jackson
12-19-2011, 05:07 PM
You said "their QBs are out of their prime windows for success". To say that about a 29-year-old is ignorant. No matter how beat up you think Ben is.

if he is beat up for a 29 year old, than he isnt really 29 is he? its football, yes 29 is old for football, the point is, even if he plays for a few more years, he will not be what he was at 26/27..its the rarity that someone is good and successful after 29, not the norm, so no, I am not wrong. 29 is the down side, not the up side of an athletic career..thats not up for debate, its a physical fact.

steelerfan
12-19-2011, 05:11 PM
if he is beat up for a 29 year old, than he isnt really 29 is he? its football, yes 29 is old for football, the point is, even if he plays for a few more years, he will not be what he was at 26/27..its the rarity that someone is good and successful after 29, not the norm, so no, I am not wrong. 29 is the down side, not the up side of an athletic career..thats not up for debate, its a physical fact.

Tell that to Ben's hero, John Elway.

YOU said he's beat up, not me.

steelerfan
12-19-2011, 05:18 PM
25 Super Bowl winning quarterbacks (55.6%) were age 29 or older when they won. Again, you are WRONG.

http://football.about.com/cs/superbowl/a/sbquarterbacks.htm