PDA

View Full Version : No help Pass Blocking

Lord Marshall X
09-01-2011, 09:02 PM
In my Online Dynasty there has been a trend of DT's having double digit sacks. This is because centers and guards do not help block DT's this allows a lot of one on one match up where they beat a center or guard off of the ball and get immediate penetration. This allows for a 3 man pass rush to get nano penetration right up the middle while the other two blockers just watch.

Dr Death
09-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Yep. It's a massive problem. I've seen G's just stand there and watch as the Nose Guard... not a DT if they're playing 3 man line... blows right by them. They don't even attempt to block him. I've also seen my C pancake a guy... turn away from him and that same guy gets up and makes a sack. In real life, a lineman pancakes a guy... more than likely he will jump on top of him, ensuring the guy doesn't get up or stands over him and pushes him down as soon as he tries to get up. Not in EA's world though... :fp:

Lord Marshall X
09-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Its a mess man it turns every DT into Suh and Warren Sapp! The line also picks up blitzes but lets DE's go free way too much.

AustinWolv
09-05-2011, 03:54 PM
In my Online Dynasty there has been a trend of DT's having double digit sacks. This is because centers and guards do not help block DT's this allows a lot of one on one match up where they beat a center or guard off of the ball and get immediate penetration. This allows for a 3 man pass rush to get nano penetration right up the middle while the other two blockers just watch.
Offline as well. The DTs get to the QB a lot. Leaving a RB in helps.