PDA

View Full Version : Parents of the Month - August 2011

JBHuskers
08-30-2011, 08:47 AM
We have had a woman of the month, and now we have parents of the month!

Nebraska Couple Accused of Giving 12-Year-Old Daughter Shrooms (http://www.garyanddino.com/dont-be-stupid/nebraska-couple-accused-giving-12-year-old-daughter-shrooms)

http://www.garyanddino.com/sites/default/files/Christopher_and_Cynthia_Ewerdt.jpg?1313701941

Omaha police said a 12-year-old girl, who was covered in mud and wandering outside a hotel early Wednesday, told them her parents gave her hallucinogenic mushrooms for religious purposes.

Officers said they found the girl crying outside the Regency Lodge around 3 a.m.

According to police, the girl said her parents gave her mushrooms late Tuesday. After taking the mushrooms, the girl told police, she left home and continued her religious experience by lying in a creek and walking in the mud.

A local drug expert said hallucinogenic mushrooms affect the user's brain so they lose all sense of space and reality.

"People have walked in front of cars, they've stepped off very high surfaces," said Paul Carter. Carter, the executive director of drug education organization PRIDE, said the drug is especially dangerous for children.

"The psychedelic effect could be between three to eight or longer hours," said Carter. "If you use a higher dosage, it could really create some issues."

Investigators said they learned that the girl's parents grow mushrooms at their Omaha home. A search of the home revealed evidence of a mushroom-growing operation, police said.

The girl's parents, identified as Christopher and Cynthia Ewerdt, were booked on charges of felony child abuse and manufacturing a controlled substance. The girl was placed into protective custody.

"It's unbelievable," said neighbor Jacob Worley. "I can't even think about it right now."

Worley has lived in the apartment below the Ewerdts for four years. He said the Ewerdts managed the building.

"They were great," described Worley. "[They] took care of everything. They were really nice."

Police said they don't believe this was the first time the two gave their daughter mushrooms, but the Ewerdts haven't been investigated or arrested in connection with it previously.

"You never know with people, what's going on in their minds, their personal lives," said Worley. "You have no idea. You may think you know somebody, but you really don't."

psusnoop
08-30-2011, 10:31 AM
:fp: :smh:

morsdraconis
08-30-2011, 10:40 AM
I fuckin' hate the human race. :smh:

JBHuskers
08-30-2011, 10:44 AM
Follow up to the story, the 12-year old girl started to worship Jim Morrison.

psuexv
08-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Dr. Phil' mother who punished son for lying by squirting hot sauce in his mouth AVOIDS jail

Jessica Beagley, 36, of Alaska, convicted of child abuse
Sent video to 'Dr. Phil' show of her punishing son, 7
Squirted hot sauce in mouth and gave him cold shower

By Mark Duell

Last updated at 5:15 AM on 30th August 2011

Comments (2)
Add to My Stories

A mother who videoed herself punishing her adopted son by squirting hot sauce into his mouth and giving him a cold shower has avoided jail.

Jessica Beagley, 36, of Alaska, was convicted of child abuse after carrying out the brutal punishment on her seven-year-old adopted Russian son.

She used an eight-minute video of herself punishing the boy for lying as a ploy to get on the ‘Dr. Phil’ television show, prosecutors said.
Discipline: Jessica Beagley shouts at her son before squirting hot sauce into his mouth in a video for the popular television show, 'Dr. Phil'

Discipline: Jessica Beagley shouts at her son before squirting hot sauce into his mouth in a video for the popular television show, 'Dr. Phil'

Beagley avoided jail but was sentenced to three years of probation, a 180-day suspended jail term and a $2,500 suspended fine.

She submitted the eight-minute tape for a show segment titled ‘Mommy Confessions’ and said the boy lied about getting into trouble at school.

After squirting hot sauce in the young boy's mouth for lying, she also punished him with a cold shower.

More...

The $50,000 tantrum: Brother and sister SUE their mother after she bought the 'wrong' birthday card and refused them toys

Beagley wasn't trying to get help for him through the show and had set up counselling sessions previously, Cynthia Franklin, prosecuting, said.

The punishment of the child on tape was a gratuitous act aimed at getting herself on television, Ms Franklin told the court.

‘Jessica Beagley did not have to make this video and did not have to do this to her son,’ she said.
Sentenced: Jessica Beagley, 36, of Alaska, was convicted of child abuse after the brutal punishment for her seven-year-old adopted Russian son

Sentenced: Jessica Beagley, 36, of Alaska, was convicted of child abuse after the brutal punishment for her seven-year-old adopted Russian son

With her husband, an Anchorage police officer, at her side, Beagley said it was her most important job to love and nurture her children.

She said being a good mother meant teaching children right from wrong.

'Jessica Beagley did not have to make this video and did not have to do this to her son'

Cynthia Franklin, prosecuting

‘I would ask that the court would allow me to be that mother that I would like to be, to not disrupt the lives of my children any more than has been already,’ she said.

Noting the seriousness, District Court Judge David Wallace rejected a request by Beagley's lawyer for a suspended imposition of sentence.

This could have allowed Beagley to have her conviction erased. But Judge Wallace said: ‘It was a premeditated, gratuitous act.’

Beagley had faced a maximum sentence of one year in jail and a $10,000 fine. She adopted the boy and his twin brother with her husband in 2008.
No jail: Defense lawyer William Ingaldson, sits next to Jessica Beagley, and her husband, Gary, who listen as District Court Judge David Wallace sentences her

No jail: Defense lawyer William Ingaldson, sits next to Jessica Beagley, and her husband, Gary, who listen as District Court Judge David Wallace sentences her

The boys were five years old at the time and had spent three years in an orphanage.

Before that, their family had lived in a shack and the twins slept on shelves in an armoire.

'I would ask that the court would allow me to be that mother that I would like to be, to not disrupt the lives of my children any more than has been already'

Jessica Beagley, mother

One twin adjusted to his new home in Alaska, but the other exhibited behavioural problems that included lying and urinating on the floor.

Beagley's lawyer said his client turned to unusual forms of punishment when spankings, time-outs and restricting television did not work.

Beagley had asked the ‘Dr. Phil’ show for help, William Ingaldson, defending, said.

The incident sparking the videoed punishment happened last October.

The boy got in trouble at school for sword-fighting with pencils and lying about it, his mother said.
Confession: The show's host, Phil McGraw, told Beagley her actions to punish her adopted Russian child were 'outrageous'

Confession: The show's host, Phil McGraw, told Beagley her actions to punish her adopted Russian child were 'outrageous'

During the trial, Ms Franklin told the jury it wasn't Beagley's first attempt to get on the 'Dr Phil' show.

After seeing a segment in April 2009 titled ‘Angry Moms,’ she contacted the show but heard nothing for a year and a half, Ms Franklin said.
Jessica Beagley's sentence

Jessica Beagley, 36, was convicted of misdemeanor child abuse at a court in Anchorage, Alaska.

She was sentenced by District Court Judge David Wallace to:

Three years of probation
180-day suspended jail term
Suspended $2,500 fine

The show eventually called to find out if Beagley was still angry, Ms Franklin added.

Beagley submitted audition videos in which she yelled at the boy, but producers wanted to see her actually punishing her son, prosecutors said.

That's when Beagley got the video camera ready and made sure there was enough hot sauce on the shelf in the bathroom.

Then she recruited her ten-year-old daughter to shoot the video, Mr Franklin said.

Days later, Beagley was headed to Los Angeles, California, to tape the show that first aired last November.

The episode sparked public outrage in Russia, with some demanding the boy and his twin brother be returned to their native country..

jaymo76
08-30-2011, 03:03 PM
Lock em up and throw away the key...

psusnoop
08-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Lock em up and throw away the key...

:+1:

bdoughty
08-30-2011, 03:56 PM
Weak Sauce: I doubt those are even the worst parents on the street they live on in Omaha.

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Police-Baby-tossed-from-Calif-hospital-has-died-2138480.php

The husband of a woman accused of tossing her disabled 7-month-old son off the fourth story of a hospital parking structure said Wednesday that his wife suffered from postpartum depression and he doesn't blame her for her actions.

For July 2011
http://abcnews.go.com/US/python-owners-12-years-girls-strangle-death/story?id=14373295

You really do not want me to make a SIGNS OF THE APOCALYPSE THREAD like I have done at other places. I will make you not even want to wake up and go to work.

bdoughty
08-30-2011, 04:10 PM
Edit: I had to remind myself that there were young uns that come here. That is the last thing they should be watching.

My apologies.

ram29jackson
08-31-2011, 04:39 PM
what they dont tell you about the Dr Phil story is that the show basically told her we need film of you doing it...and then she did it. Both her and the show are guilty of something. They just want the ratings and dont care about the people. ...aside from the fact,she just wanted to get on tv too

psuexv
08-31-2011, 05:54 PM
Well the story is the Dr. Phil show actually rejected her first video and then she made that one.

psuexv
09-26-2011, 01:15 PM
Here's September's candidate.... Unfreakin believable.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/09/tenn-mother-accused-of-smothering-newborn-twins/1?csp=obinsite

Tennessee authorities have charged a 25-year-old woman with first-degree murder after she secretly gave births to twins at home and then allegedly smothered them so her parents wouldn't hear their cries.

Lindsey Lowe, 25, is in jail today in the Nashville suburb of Hendersonville. She was arrested Wednesday after her father discovered one baby's body in a laundry basket, the Associated Press reports.

According to a police affidavit, Lowe, who works for a pediatric dentist, said she believes she got pregnant in January, never told her parents and never visited a doctor. She told police that she went into labor Monday night on the toilet and that first baby fell into the water and began to cry.

AP continues:

"Lowe stated that the baby was crying and Lowe did not want her parents to hear and find out about the child," police wrote in the affidavit. "Lowe stated that she put her hand over the child's mouth and she stated that she kept it there until the child was dead, which was a couple of minutes."

Lowe stated that she never checked the sex of the child. Police said both boys appeared to be full term and weighing about 5 or 6 pounds.

A few minutes later, she gave birth to the second child, who also fell in the toilet. She again put her hand over the baby's mouth and held it there until the baby died, which she said took less time than the first child. She put both babies in the laundry basket and covered them up with blankets.

morsdraconis
09-26-2011, 01:29 PM
:sick:

:(

:smh:

I fuckin' hate people. God damn it, I fuckin' hate people.

steelerfan
09-26-2011, 01:41 PM
:sick:

:(

:smh:

I fuckin' hate people. God damn it, I fuckin' hate people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Deuce
09-26-2011, 02:11 PM
I wish someone would put their hand over her mouth until she died. ...that would be justice.

How fucking tragic. How many 1000's of parents out there would have loved the chance to raise those twins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psuexv
09-26-2011, 02:22 PM
How fucking tragic. How many 1000's of parents out there would have loved the chance to raise those twins.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that there are mentally disturbed people out there that I have no idea what is going through there head but how do you even do that to a new born? :smh:

psusnoop
09-26-2011, 03:08 PM
That is crazy and extrememly hard to even read.

Shit like that just pisses me off, seems to happen way more these days too.

SmoothPancakes
09-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Just need one 25 cent bullet.

ram29jackson
09-26-2011, 05:05 PM

I know that there are mentally disturbed people out there that I have no idea what is going through there head but how do you even do that to a new born? :smh:

it had nothing to do with being mentally disturbed..it was pure selfish pride, she didnt want here life altered by someone or something else

SmoothPancakes
09-26-2011, 05:19 PM
It's called birth control. The bitch should have learned to use and she wouldn't have had that problem. No sympathy whatsoever. She went around fucking whoever without some form of birth control because it felt good, and she got pregnant as the result. It's her own fucking fault, no need to kill the babies. Give them up for adoption if she doesn't want them.

Again, all that is needed here is a 25 cent bullet. That's all she deserves. She doesn't deserve jackshit. No life time in prison getting clothed, sheltered, and three meals a day. No sitting on death row for 20 years before they finally get around to killing her. Fuck all that. Just take her out back and get it over with.

ram29jackson
09-26-2011, 06:51 PM
It's called birth control. The bitch should have learned to use and she wouldn't have had that problem. No sympathy whatsoever. She went around fucking whoever without some form of birth control because it felt good, and she got pregnant as the result. It's her own fucking fault, no need to kill the babies. Give them up for adoption if she doesn't want them.

Again, all that is needed here is a 25 cent bullet. That's all she deserves. She doesn't deserve jackshit. No life time in prison getting clothed, sheltered, and three meals a day. No sitting on death row for 20 years before they finally get around to killing her. Fuck all that. Just take her out back and get it over with.

honestly, she might get between 7-14 years

SmoothPancakes
09-26-2011, 08:02 PM
And she deserves a hell of a lot fucking more than that. Only getting 7-14 years for that, if that's what she does get in the end, is why the justice system in this country is a fucking joke.

psusnoop
09-27-2011, 08:12 AM
And she deserves a hell of a lot fucking more than that. Only getting 7-14 years for that, if that's what she does get in the end, is why the justice system in this country is a fucking joke.

She murdered 2 human beings, Children to boot. She should be put to death immediately following the trial so we don't have to pay for her sorry ass the rest of her life.

Sure some may say well, she was scared and confused.....I've been both and never once thought killing someone was the better choice.

psuexv
11-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Not one particular parent but a whole mess of them. Anyone hear about the Chicken Pox rage, parents are taking their kids to pox parties and buying pox lollipops to expose their kids to chicken pox. wtf?

American parents have been caught selling chickenpox-infected lollipops to other families who want their children to catch the virus while they are young.

Prosecutors in Tennessee have been forced to issue a warning that sending viruses or diseases by post is illegal, after parcels of the infectious sweets were discovered on sale over the Internet.

Wendy Werkit, of Nashville, offered to send other parents a "fresh batch of pox" on lollipops or cotton buds for $50. She told a local television station she had been inspired to sell the products because parents were frustrated that "they can't get it the normal way any more".

Her advertisement was placed on a Facebook page intended to help parents find a "pox party" in their area where children can mix and pick up the virus, which can be more dangerous if contracted in later life.

Jerry Martin, the U.S. attorney for the Middle District of Tennessee, said it was a federal crime to send diseases or viruses across state lines.

"You're not only potentially exposing innocent people to dangerous viruses and illnesses and diseases, you're also exposing yourself potentially to federal criminal prosecution," he said.

morsdraconis
11-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Truthfully, I don't have an issue with it. Chickenpox has proven that it can sometimes be fatal when caught as an adult, but is basically harmless as a kid just uncomfortable for them.

psuexv
11-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Truthfully, I don't have an issue with it. Chickenpox has proven that it can sometimes be fatal when caught as an adult, but is basically harmless as a kid just uncomfortable for them.

My biggest complaint with it is the lollipop. No way I'm letting my kid suck on a lollipop from some other kid that I don't even know.

DariusLock
11-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Wow, that's kinda crazy.

psusnoop
11-09-2011, 03:42 PM
That is messed up, god I love our society.

steelerfan
11-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Tennessee. Go figure. :fp:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

jaymo76
11-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Umm... I don't know. Maybe it's different in Canada... BUT... up here we get our kids vaccinated against chicken pox so that they never have to get it. Isn't that the practise in the States too???