PDA

View Full Version : Question about option routes

trioptionGator
08-28-2011, 05:59 PM
I have been tinkering around with various offenses in this year's game, and I plan to start incorporating more option routes. Does anyone know what rating(s) influences a player's decision making when running an option route? My guess is that "route running" is probably the primary factor, but I could also see "awareness" making a difference as well. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pig Bomb
08-28-2011, 06:40 PM
awareness ratings are for simulation is what i've heard, not when you are playing

JeffHCross
08-28-2011, 06:52 PM
awareness ratings are for simulation is what i've heard, not when you are playingThat's true for QBs (since you're controlling the player), but I don't believe that's true for other positions. I personally believe that AWR is a major impact on defensive backs (at least on NCAA 11). And I have heard that AWR is an important factor for option routes in a R&S offense.

Dr Death
08-29-2011, 01:37 AM
That's true for QBs (since you're controlling the player), but I don't believe that's true for other positions. I personally believe that AWR is a major impact on defensive backs (at least on NCAA 11). And I have heard that AWR is an important factor for option routes in a R&S offense.

I believe this to be true as well. I haven't tried it in this game, but in NCAA 08 I used Hawaii and used their playbook, which was mostly 4-Wide. I had a RB who, on one play had 3 options. He would stay in to block for a second or two, then could run a 5 and Hook, or a 5 and Out. In Man, he always ran the Hook and in Zone he always ran the Out. In other words... he never ran the route he should have. His awareness? 63