PDA

View Full Version : Reviews giving high scores,not mentioning game bugs

Lord Marshall X
08-25-2011, 07:49 PM
I have NEVER seen such a bug filled and glitchy game get such good ratings. This shows that these sites never actually play the entire game.

Paakaa10
08-25-2011, 08:12 PM
I have NEVER seen such a bug filled and glitchy game get such good ratings. This shows that these sites never actually play the entire game.

So EA should be ashamed that websites gave their game good ratings in the review process? Sounds like, from your perspective, the people who should be ashamed are those said reviewers.

Lord Marshall X
08-25-2011, 08:54 PM
EA should be ashamed of the product, and the reviewers should be ashamed of the ratings. But to flaunt the ratings of a notoriously broken game is so insulting.

I OU a Beatn
08-25-2011, 08:58 PM
The only thing I can really say they should be ashamed of is the fact they didn't address a lot of the online glitches that they knew about last year and still exist. With that said, I thought this year's game was a vast improvement over anything we've had this generation.

Also, speaking of reviews, never, ever, ever listen to a review on a football game. They play the game for a few days before the issues are even discovered. They don't check to see how the defense reacts to outside run plays, they don't check to see if warping interceptions exist, etc...They check to make sure the game play is smooth and it has enough features to keep someone interested.

ram29jackson
08-25-2011, 08:59 PM
if they show adds for the game they will give a good review..such is life

Oneback
08-25-2011, 09:05 PM
So EA should be ashamed that websites gave their game good ratings in the review process? Sounds like, from your perspective, the people who should be ashamed are those said reviewers.

Not to lean one way or the other, but let's be honest...the reviewers get a day or two with the game before they write their review it not their fault they didn't see all the bugs, it's not their job to do so. Overall, if you are playing a sim-style game the game plays pretty well (granted there are a lot of improvements that need to be made), hence the good ratings.

Now that the game has been out for awhile some/all the exploits have been found and the bugs have come to light. I'll be honest patch #2 holds a lot of weight right now as if there aren't a lot of things fixed I may end up losing half the guys in my OD which has run for 3 years now...all the problems with this game have cause a lot of frustrations, hate to say it.

OptionMasta
08-25-2011, 09:22 PM
The people who review the game for big websites/magazines are looking for the woman with the monster melons that wears a lot of makeup. She's sexy and flashy with her makeup on, sure, but whether or not she has staying power is another story. All too many times without all the makeup on she's scary and she's also a raging bitch to boot. After two days she lost her appeal because the warts came out.

This is the reality of the NCAA football series. The reviewers like the flashiness and presentation aspects. They care about the grass in the game and get so focused on that they in turn don't play with things we want to hear about such as whether or not the OL blocks more realistically this year and what not. They get their couple of nights with the chick with major boobage while we get to deal with the bitch she turns out to be when we get mesmerized, lose our minds, and try to date her long term.

Pig Bomb
08-25-2011, 09:26 PM
ya if this patch doesn't fix custom playbooks [among many other things] I will be done with it and moving on, getting ready for FIFA

Lord Marshall X
08-25-2011, 09:44 PM
The people who review the game for big websites/magazines are looking for the woman with the monster melons that wears a lot of makeup. She's sexy and flashy with her makeup on, sure, but whether or not she has staying power is another story. All too many times without all the makeup on she's scary and she's also a raging bitch to boot. After two days she lost her appeal because the warts came out.

This is the reality of the NCAA football series. The reviewers like the flashiness and presentation aspects. They care about the grass in the game and get so focused on that they in turn don't play with things we want to hear about such as whether or not the OL blocks more realistically this year and what not. They get their couple of nights with the chick with major boobage while we get to deal with the bitch she turns out to be when we get mesmerized, lose our minds, and try to date her long term.

Its the stripper theory. Everyone wants Candy the stripper, but you don't want to marry her.

bdoughty
08-25-2011, 10:28 PM
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/mvp-baseball-2004

Very few of the reviewers caught the left glitch or the no wind in games, which are pretty big in terms of bugs. Look at the overall scores to this game. Metacritic rating of 90. Tons of people loved MVP 04 but it was an extremely buggy game.

The glitches were so numerous they got their own gamefaq page.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/919276-mvp-baseball-2004/faqs/31345

[Lefty Glitch]
[5/5]
The lefty glitch is a problem with the original version of the game. The cause
isn't exactly known, but for some reason when ever a left handed hitter hits
the ball, backspin is put onto the ball causing the ball not to go as far as it
should. Left handed hitters on your team and the CPU team won't be able to hit
HR's as easily, and most will die in the outfield. It's also very noticble on
hard line drives as the ball will start going out then basically smash right
into the ground. The bug also affects switch hitters who hit left handed.

[No Wind]
[4/5]
The name says it all, there is no wind in this game. It got a severe rating of
4 because in every game you play, there is no wind. In HR Derby and Exhibition
mode you are allowed to set how fast and from where the wind is blowing.
However, in every mode of play, simply press the start button during the game
and it will says 0 MPH. There is no wind in any mode of play in this game.

------------------

I guess the point is that there are people out there that can enjoy games that have bugs in them, even big ones like this.