PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to get "set up" plays to work in Custom Playbooks?

rhombic21
08-24-2011, 05:36 PM
So for awhile I thought play action never worked. Then I started testing it out, and it appears that it does work, at least if you can get the relevant PA pass "set up." But then I noticed that I was never able to get my plays to say they were "set up," so I started comparing against a regular PB that contained the same plays, and noticed that those plays seemed to work, in terms of getting "set up." I even ran some experiments where I purposely ran the same play over and over against defenses that were not designed to stop it, and the plays never got "set up," but if I used a regular PB then the plays would be "set up" after a few big gains.

Can anybody else confirm whether or not it is possible to get plays "set up" using a custom playbook?

Also, does the defense ever bite on PA if the play is not "set up'?

Dr Death
08-24-2011, 06:32 PM
My Custom Playbooks have "Set Up" plays in them and I get 5 Strategy points when I use them and they gain good yardage.

rhombic21
08-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Are the "set up" plays that you get to work plays that were already in your playbook, or are they plays that you added?

ram29jackson
08-24-2011, 06:50 PM
the game still tells you if plays are set up like in the past ? how many times would you have to run before a play action is set up ?

Dr Death
08-24-2011, 07:36 PM
Are the "set up" plays that you get to work plays that were already in your playbook, or are they plays that you added?

They're in 5-Wide Shotgun Trips Left formation... the only one I've seen them in, but I vary play-calling a lot. I don't know if I added it or if it was already in there though. That was over a month ago. Wish I could be more help.

oweb26
08-25-2011, 05:57 AM
it varies per formation, I get them and they are in my custom book. I see what you are saying was this formation already in my playbook and the answer is I don't know. I have gotten them in multiple formations though.

rhombic21
08-25-2011, 08:48 PM
What I have discovered is that you essentially have to reorder your playbook so that the linked plays are next to each other (and in the same order that they are in the default playbooks -- i.e. the run on the left and the PA pass on the right). Otherwise, for whatever reason, the game won't recognize the plays as linked, and so they won't get set up.

Of course, this is a huge pain in the ass because it's not always clear exactly which plays are linked to which, and there's no visual cues to help you figure out, so you essentially have to find a default playbook (or perhaps multiple playbooks) to copy off of.

I'm not sure that I've ever seen a glitchier major feature than custom playbooks has turned out to be.

Also, I miss the thing that they used to have which would tell you how close a play was to being set up. Now you have no clue.