PDA

View Full Version : What RB Ability really effects...

Dr Death
08-20-2011, 02:38 PM
I was watching a video on You Tube by Matt10 from OS and he was explaining his sliders. He said something I never knew and it may be that you all know this and I'm just the stupid guy standing over in the corner, but running back ability doesn't just effect RB's... it effects WR's too. How they run their routes, how they run after the catch...

I followed his advice and put my RBA at 100 and W-O-W!!! What a freaking difference. WR Mid Screens... these can be lethal now. I've hit several... against the right D of course, that went for 6 points where before they would have gained maybe 10 yards. Even the Bubble Screen... you have to time it just right, but I've actually had better success w/ this... using it as an audible against a blitz. It's gone from a 1 yard gain at best to being able to pick up 7-10 yards. It's still not the way it should be... but it's much better.

So... for those of you who don't know this... set your RBA @ 100 and watch your WR's become true weapons.

illwill10
08-20-2011, 02:57 PM
I will definitely try this. I wonder what it did.

Dr Death
08-20-2011, 03:14 PM
It does a lot of things... WR's run their routes better, they turn upfield after the catch quicker, they just look much better. I actually tuned mine down to 90, but try it out. I think if you play a full game you will see a massive difference immediately.

illwill10
08-20-2011, 03:22 PM
After thinking about it, it makes sense. Just like BCV. If you give a avg RB a high BCV, he will play alot bettrer. WRs also make better runs.

steelerfan
08-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Got your PM about this, thanks.

I'll try it out, just to see. I can't imagine leaving it there though as I'm trying to reduce the effectiveness of the user run game (I understand that's not a big factor for you, given your play style).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

JerzeyReign
08-20-2011, 04:33 PM
I actually did that in my NCAA '11 slider set. Everything is 'better' when you turn everything up to 100 but it makes everyone play like an AA when some should be just decent.

JeffHCross
08-20-2011, 06:01 PM
I was watching a video on You Tube by Matt10 from OS and he was explaining his sliders. He said something I never knew and it may be that you all know this and I'm just the stupid guy standing over in the corner, but running back ability doesn't just effect RB's... it effects WR's too. How they run their routes, how they run after the catch... I'd never thought about WRs specifically, but it makes sense. RBA (and run blocking) sliders have been known to have a (sometimes dramatic) effect on special teams, kick and punt returns. It's probably logical that it would also extend to WR screens and similar plays -- it probably affects practically any time a player is running with the rock, regardless of position. It may even affect INT returns.

illwill10
08-20-2011, 11:59 PM
I tried it with my SR RTG WR. He had 99 Route Run, but never felt smooth out of cuts. I set it RBA to 100, A HUGE difference. It felt like my Route Running before was 80 compared to now. I was able to actually beat CBs more

AustinWolv
08-22-2011, 02:58 PM
Got your PM about this, thanks.

I'll try it out, just to see. I can't imagine leaving it there though as I'm trying to reduce the effectiveness of the user run game (I understand that's not a big factor for you, given your play style).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Which one would assume you have to jack up CPU tackling and run defense. Setting user run block too low could ruin special teams.