PDA

View Full Version : Penalty Issues...

Dr Death
08-17-2011, 04:04 PM
For those of you in contact w/ EA, I'm sure I am not the only one who's seen this, but penalties are way out of whack in the game.

Example 1: 1st and 10, opponent runs for 6 yards but is called for holding. Instead of 1st and 20, it's now 1st and 7

Example 2: Opponent kicks off to me, my team gets called for clipping... a 15 yard penalty... and the CPU declines it when I return the ball to my 35... instead of putting me back around my 10-15, depending on when the penalty happened

Example 3: I was facing a 3rd and 10 and hit a long TD pass but it was called back for holding. Instead of 3rd and 20... it was now 1st and 10 again

Example 4: On 4th and 2 from the 3, I kick a FG, but the D is called for offsides. Since I am the OC I have no control over the acceptance of the penalty, but every time the HC declines the penalty and takes the FG. Doesn't matter when in the game it is, they take the 3 instead of 1st and goal at the 1

These are some examples of things I've seen a lot of, particularly the first two and number four.

steelerfan
08-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Example 1: holding is 10 yards from the spot of the foul. I've not seen a 1st and 7 after one, but I'd imagine it could happen on a run of more than, say, 15 yards. I haven't seen one that wasn't spotted correctly yet.

Example 4: Half the distance from the 3 would put the ball at the 1 1/2. It'd still be 4th down.

The other 2, I've never seen, but they are wrong if they are in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Kwizzy
08-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Example 3 could be explained the same way Steeler explained #1. If the holding occured on a WR or something downfield (more than 10 yds after the first down marker) during the run to the end zone the it could still be first & 10.

steelerfan
08-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Example 3 could be explained the same way Steeler explained #1. If the holding occured on a WR or something downfield (more than 10 yds after the first down marker) during the run to the end zone the it could still be first & 10.

Ah, yes, you're right. I hadn't considered that. I guess I assumed the throw was to the end zone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Dr Death
08-17-2011, 04:35 PM
As far as holding being from the spot of the foul, I know this, but I also see this on passing plays... where it's obvious the holding was done behind the line of scrimmage. As for the examples I was talking about, they have all been runs of under 10 yards. I also believe that EA is way overdoing the "spot of the foul" thing. In real football you rarely... and I mean rarely see a holding penalty not result in a 10 yard loss of yardage.

On example 4 I've seen it when it was 4th and 1 as well... there have been multiple times this has happened. Sometimes it's 4th and 2 from the 17... sometimes 4th and 3 from the 24... etc... just something to mention to EA because it's very obviously not right.

SmoothPancakes
08-17-2011, 04:41 PM
As far as holding being from the spot of the foul, I know this, but I also see this on passing plays... where it's obvious the holding was done behind the line of scrimmage. As for the examples I was talking about, they have all been runs of under 10 yards. I also believe that EA is way overdoing the "spot of the foul" thing. In real football you rarely... and I mean rarely see a holding penalty not result in a 10 yard loss of yardage.

On example 4 I've seen it when it was 4th and 1 as well... there have been multiple times this has happened. Sometimes it's 4th and 2 from the 17... sometimes 4th and 3 from the 24... etc... just something to mention to EA because it's very obviously not right.

That's actually not surprising. A lot coaches would probably decline and keep the field goal than risk going for the touchdown and failing to get it. Like the old saying goes, never take points off the board.