PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Offense speed

GatorfanStovy
08-12-2011, 12:28 AM
Well the wolverines are just butchering me on defense.Ive played them twice in Florida Dynasty trying to beat them.it is my second year week 3.Every they blow me with there RB or QB speed and some quality passing.I dunno if they are overrating there speed or not but it redonkulious IMO.Sometimes there WR are even have mad speed.I'm not complaining here.I would just like some tips on how I can stop if at all using 4-3 defense.any one else have issues with them in their dynasties ?

Pig Bomb
08-12-2011, 07:00 AM
my approach on defense would be to contain not to attack [like my D normally does]...you don't really want QB's like D. Robinson to get out of the pocket and start running around...

think more zone rather then man since your D may not be able to hang one v one ...

find some defensive plays that use a spy or two...4-3 cover 3 zone is actually a good base D for controlling the run and still protecting for the pass...
.... also dime normal cover 2 spy would be good in longer passing downs - it gives good run help with 5 guys in the short to medium zone + a spy

you can also set your d-line to contain on any down which will help as well

OptionMasta
08-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Make sure you hot route somebody to spy the QB if you don't have that as a part of the base play you select. The CPU is very likely to take off and run against you this year and it makes it very difficult to play coverage and worry about the QB taking off. I have noticed, though, that sometimes if you set a spy and the QB is in trouble they hang back in the pocket instead of running. You would think that they would run anyway and just have the spy tackle them or that they would try to avoid the spy, however, if they hang in the pocket they usually get sacked.

Also, like Pig Bomb said, try to run zone coverages against speedy teams. It can help shield some of your not so speedy defenders, particularly if they have high ZCV ratings.