PDA

View Full Version : The Most Heart-Wrenching Loss...

Dr Death
08-11-2011, 05:51 AM
Recently I posted a thread about your most wild finishes... well... this is the 180 degree thread to that. I am in year 5 of my Dynasty... 4 as OC at :Idaho: and now OC at :SMU:

We were 6-0 and playing a 3-3 :Florida: team that has not done much at all in 5 years. Three different coaches... so of course I schedule 9 recruit visits for this game.

The game is back and forth... 20-20 at half... 23-20 :Florida: after three quarters. They jump out to a 30-27 lead w/ :51 to go. I get sacked on first down, then throw two straight incompletions. It's 4th and 18 from my own 17 w/ :38 to play. I come to the line and see two defense men over my inside slot receiver on the Trips side in 5-Wide and they are showing blitz. I hot route my guy to a Go route and hope both are blitzing. They do. I hit him for 20 yards and call timeout w/ :33 left.

I line up and have a deep crossing route called but low and behold a guy running a Streak gets a step on his man and I launch one... he makes a great over the shoulder catch, fights off the tackle and scores a TD w/ :24 left.

It's now :SMU: 34 - :Florida: 30. I kick off. They complete a pass to my 44, but then throw two incomplete passes. There's now :08 left and it's 3rd and 10. I sack the QB... keep in mind, I am the OC, so I have no control over the D... but the D sacks the QB at our 48 and they call their final timeout w/ :03 left, facing 4th and 18.

And then... this happened... :fp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6b8_Mbq5Sg

morsdraconis
08-11-2011, 08:57 AM
:(

Ouch!

psusnoop
08-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Wow, what a finish. A big OUCH there :(

dubvcrazy05
08-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Ouch! That's rough bro

baseballplyrmvp
08-11-2011, 09:28 AM
thats made 3X worse by the fact that you had no control over it.

i have 2 lossses that really hurt.

the first one happened back on ncaa09, in the first year of online dynasty. i was playin as :Hawaii:, my opponent was :Houston:. the first 3 quarters went by with him scoring first, me answering...that type of thing. 4th quarter happens, he pick 6's me to get a 14 point lead. i get the ball back, and drive down and scorewith like 5 minutes left. its like 48-41 at this point; i dont remember it specifically. i kickoff to him, he gets a couple of first downs while milking the clock. somehow though, i force a fumble and recover it with under a minute left. unfortunately, i had like 70 yards to get into the endzone. it didnt matter. after a couple of short throws, i hit my receiver down the sideline on a 48 yard TD with 10 seconds left, tying the game. i kickoff, and he gets an ok return; out to the 40. with 2 seconds left on the clock, he took a chance, instead of takin a knee.

turns out the prevent defense had a hole in it. what a way to lose the National Championship game, huh..... :smh:

second game was in a high school teambuilder dynasty on ncaa10. i was playin a friend who was like 10-0 all time against me. he was a kinda sim online type player. he didnt do the ass-clown type of cheese crap, but there were some instances that raised flags.

it was a fairly low scoring game so i'll fast forward to the 4th quarter. he's up 16-14 with about 3 minutes left. with my hs team being a 95% passing team, i almost never ran the ball. up until that point in the game, i had only ran the ball twice, but had already thrown 68 times! :D so, with me coming out in a shotgun trips formation, my friend never expected me to run 5 draw plays in a row, all resulting in first downs. lol i get a couple more first downs to bring up 1st and goal with 1:30 left in the game. i milk the clock and try to run it down his throat. well i succeed! i score a td with 4 seconds left in the game to take a 21-16 lead.

damn those kickoff returns for TD's :(.

cdj
08-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Ouch! That's a tough loss, Dr. Death. :(

In our TGT PS3 OD, 1-5 Akron (me) was hosting 5-2 Ohio (CPU). Somehow, the offense (CPU controlled) made some big plays and were able to build a 13-0 lead entering the fourth quarter. In the fourth, the Akron O turned the ball over at their own 20 and the Bobcats promptly scored to make it 13-7. Akron then would milk the clock and make Ohio burn all its timeouts before getting the ball back with about a minute to go.

The Bobcats got down to around the 21 with less than :10 to go. Somehow, with :02 left a WR got behind the secondary (no clue how I let this happen) and... http://is.gd/XSH0Uv

Considering that the Akron offense does nothing, I was pretty disappointed to see a 13-0 lead go for nothing. It would have been a big upset win and moved Akron to 2-1 in conference.

SituationSoap
08-11-2011, 12:41 PM
8-4 North Texas against 9-3 Houston in the first year of my dynasty in NCAA 12. Short story: down 31-3 with five minutes to go in the game, I tell myself that if the next drive doesn't result in a touchdown (I was only the offensive coordinator) I'd just sim out the end of the game, since it was so one sided.

I told myself that on the next drive, too.

And the next one.

Finally, with ten seconds left, I scored the tying touchdown, bringing it to 31-31. I couldn't believe it, coming back from such a huge deficit and going to OT, in the bowl game nonetheless. We get the ball first, and we're only able to kick a field goal. Thankfully, the defense holds UH to the same. They score in one play in double overtime, and we're able to answer on an incredibly daring QB scramble on fourth down from the 8 yard line.

Then, the kicker missed the extra point. Game over. Season over. I couldn't believe it.

cjg225
08-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Then, the kicker missed the extra point. Game over. Season over. I couldn't believe it.
There's no such thing as a good kicker! lol

beartide06
08-12-2011, 02:27 PM
I may have cried...inside and out. That is a awful!

Cody
08-13-2011, 07:04 AM
Wow, that is crazy

BigDmo
08-13-2011, 02:33 PM
I could type it all up but mine is very similar to Death's OP. Was up by 2 on Ohio in my first bowl game as the HC at my TB school. There was :20 left, they were way out of range for anything. A deep pass on 4th down, I swat it, it bounces off another guy that comes in on my team, and it lands right in the hands of the Ohio receiver. I threw my controller in rage. They went on to hit the FG and win.

TheRezyReb
08-14-2011, 06:13 AM
Mine was an online game vs lilk... something or other. He's a high rank cat level 32 or something. Ole Miss vs Ohio State(imagine that), with 1:12 left in game I score to go up by a 6, he has no timeouts left, I know I've got this! Wrong!!!
Ughhh, audibled my defense, coverage got blown(man, db didn't move to wr) big pass play to the 10 yard line, he spikes it with 2 sec on the clock. He scores on a crazy pass play that shoulds been picked!!!!

souljahbill
08-14-2011, 02:01 PM
I just had a sickening loss. I could have beaten Nevada with my TB team if the turnover margin wasn't +5 in their favor (1 pick, 4 lost fumbles). All those turnovers drove me nuts! We lost 24-21.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

souljahbill
08-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Down 24-21 to ECU in the 4th qtr. of the Sun Bowl, I'm driving for the winning score when I get hit and fumble at the 1 yd. line, ECU recovers with :08 seconds left.

:fp:

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baseballplyrmvp
08-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Dr D....i literally had this exact same thing happen in the TGT 360 od today. i was playin as utah state's offensive coordinator vs colorado state (cpu). back and forth all game long, before i score a touchdown to go up by 4 with 28 seconds left. unfortunately, utah state's dumbass dc lets the colorado state qb throw a 50 yard pass for a TD with 8 seconds left in the game.

Dr Death
08-24-2011, 06:37 PM
Just suffered another unfuckingbelievable loss... I am :New_Mexico_State: playing at home vs. :Fresno_State: and trailing 28-34 w/ 1:26 to play. I drive 69 yards in 12 plays and score a TD w/ :02 left. 35-34 now. I "Squib Kick" and one of the up guys grabs the ball, I immediately tackle him. Game over.

But wait. Fucking Facemask penalty!!! 15 yards. They trot out their kicker for a 57 yard FG. Yes... a fifty-fucking-seven yard FG... and of course he fucking drills it like Sebastian Janikowski would. :fp:

This game finds more ways to rip your heart out...

steelerfan
08-24-2011, 06:42 PM
IIRC, Fresno State's kicker is the best in the game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Dr Death
08-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Thanks Steelerfan... you really know how to comfort someone when they're down... :D

steelerfan
08-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Thanks Steelerfan... you really know how to comfort someone when they're down... :D

Just saying. That's no ordinary kicker. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Dr Death
08-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Yeah... but a facemask penalty w/ no time left on the clock when I squib kick instead of kick deep??? I know, I know... it can happen... but for it to happen at this point to my team... was just devastating.