PDA

View Full Version : Welcome & Introduction Thread

Pages : [1] 2

cdj
05-10-2010, 07:56 AM
Thanks for joining the site!

Before you start posting, introduce yourself.

JBHuskers
05-10-2010, 10:03 AM
Hey guys I'm JBHuskers. Most of those in the gaming community know of me as an EA Sports Community Leader, and a member of the EA Sports Game Changers. I'm 30, live in Lincoln, NE and am a huge gamer on the PS3 and 360. I would like to thank all of you who have joined the site! I'm glad to be a part of it!

texacotea
05-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Texacotea, been around here and there. Im 26 and have 3yr old and another on the way. Been playing sports games and others for years. Glad to be apart of a new community

Rudy
05-12-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm Rudy, also known as rudyjuly2 in many spots. Since Rudy is taken on many sites I just add my birthday after my name to make it unique.

I'm 37, married and have two kids (5 and 3). Football is my favourite (yes that's right, I'm Canadian too!) sport with baseball in second. I've been hooked on NCAA football since '06 although I did not like NCAA 10 that much. I hated the camera angle and I think I've told everyone that more than once. Really pumped for NCAA '11 and this site looks great!

steelerfan
05-12-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm 36 and live in Houston. I have an 8 year old daughter and I've been a sports gamer since I was 8. NCAA and NHL have always been my favorites and I own (and have played mercilessly) every iteration of these two series since their inception on the Sega Genesis.

I'm glad to follow my friends to this new community and look forward to it growing into the best on the 'net.

Kwizzy
05-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Hey guys! I'm Matt & I live in Omaha, NE. 25 years old & a recent grad of UNL with a BS in Mechanical Engineering. Fortunately I decided to graduate in one of the most plentiful job markets in history so I am currently a laser CNC programmer at Intersystems, at least I've got that goin for me I guess! :rolleyes:

Anyway, looking forward to the new community & hopefully the coherent, logical, respectful discussion that will go with it.

GatorTD8to10
05-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Debate me Skeleton!!!

Iron Dragon
05-13-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm (Iron) Dragon from Ohio, been playing on PS3 for exactly one year today, but repped the PS2 for quite awhile before then. I love the NCAA Football series and am a dynasty nerd.

Solidice
05-13-2010, 06:29 PM
my name is Chad. At pretty much any gaming site I use the name Solidice. I'm 24, lived in Texas all my life, around the Dallas area.

I've actually been playing the NCAA FB series since the Bill Walsh Football days. Still remember playing College Football USA '97 on my SNES. Although I guess I didn't really get into the NCAA games until NCAA FB '98, mainly because of dynasty mode. I'm pretty much a dynasty mode only player. I did attempt to play online in NCAA '04(PS2) and '05(Xbox), but only about 2-3 games each. just wasn't my thing. with '09 and 10, I've been playing online dynasty, but my lack of user vs user experience really shows. :(

JeffHCross
05-13-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm Jeff.

But I'm sure you already know this.

Twitter @3YardsandACloud

iceman808
05-13-2010, 11:22 PM
Names Jordan From the Island of HAWAII
Hardcore Hawaii Warriors Fan
been playing NCAA ever since they put the crowd amp feature in that just changed the whole game and i loved in cause i got amped to play and it affected my players

BlindRedBaron
05-13-2010, 11:45 PM
My name's David.
Big gamer, I've been playing since I was a kid, but really only into sports games (with the exception of a couple others here and there).
I'm 21, a student at Texas, and massive college sports fan. Go to all the games, and I went to so many basketball games last year, I got priority seating tickets to the Red River Rivalry and Rose Bowl this past year (front row at both), and my girlfriend and I painted our faces... Hopefully an indication of how seriously I take the game : ) haha

UGA14
05-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Name's Phillip. I'm UGA14 from Madden Planet and Operation Sports. For the past few years I've been the moderator of our NCAA boards on Madden Planet. A lot of our NCAA activity has died so when I saw about this place I had to check it out. Not many members here YET, but there's a lot of activity about NCAA, which I like. I hope to be able to contribute a lot to the discussions here, especially if it's legitimate, mature talk about the game we all like.

I'm 22 and will be graduating from the University of North Carolina next month with a major in Software & Information Systems so any help you guys need I'll be more than happy to try. I just finished up my PHP class so vBulletin and all of this are actually interesting to me. Weird?

Been playing since NCAA '98. Well, actually I had Bill Walsh for Sega also. I remember always simming the one season trying to get Georgia into a bowl. Which brings me to my next point... I'm a Georgia fan. If you couldn't tell. I've been to a lot of big games and I absolutely love it. Though last year my girlfriend dragged me to the Tennessee-UCLA game.. it was fun too.

So anyways, glad to be here, hope to help in any way I can. Ah, also I live in Charlotte, NC.

Deuce
05-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Hello all. Deuce here. My name is Jon...I'm 38, married with 2 kids. Daughter is 6 and my son is 3. I've been playing college football since the Bill Walsh days and I've figure out a way to enjoy the game every year. I've never played online but thinking about testing the waters this year. I've lived in the Dallas, TX area for about 12 years but grew up in God's country (Oklahoma).

JeffHCross
05-14-2010, 10:57 PM
Name's Phillip. I'm UGA14 from Madden Planet and Operation Sports.Dude, you have no idea how awesome it is to see you over here.

Not many members here YET, but there's a lot of activity about NCAA, which I like.You've got three guys who attended NCAA Community Day as moderators. Trust me, there will be a lot of NCAA discussion over here.

Now help me drag Austin over here too (laugh)

Davidmj444
05-15-2010, 08:05 AM
Hey, I'm David. I'm 15 and a big Clemson fan. You might recognize me from my many failed dynasty reports on Utopia. Glad to be apart of the new community and good luck with it guys!

AustinWolv
05-15-2010, 09:17 AM
Yeah, speaking of the devil.

Darin, 33 yrs old. Been playing NCAA from the beginning and video game football before that. Been pretty much NCAA exclusively since the early 2000s since pro football fell by the wayside for me a while back.

I should have kept '98 that had Charles Woodson on the cover, because if you didn't know I was a Michigan alumni and fan, now you do since my username aligns with that also.
2.5 year old with another baby on the way in the fall.

Was an admin in the past over at MP.

JeffHCross
05-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Welcome, my friend.

joshuahuskers
05-15-2010, 07:44 PM
My name is Josh. I'm sure a lot of you already know me. I'm 21 and live in Lincoln, NE where I attend UNL and do accounting work for a local small business. I will (hopefully) graduate with my BBA and MPA in May of 2012 at which time I will pursue a career in public accounting.

I love the NCAA series and have played the crap out of it every year since NCAA 03. Glad to be here!

pbplayer178
05-15-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm Matt, I'm 19 from just outside Buffalo. I'm a big West Virginia fan. I've been playing sports games since the 01 series of games.

Gamecock999
05-15-2010, 10:03 PM
James, 37, 6-3, 235. Been playing football since Atari. I think the only game I really play is NCAA, and only about 2 nights a week. Married, 2 kids, and job cut into my playing time. South Carolina fan. Love the new site!

champ195797
05-15-2010, 11:21 PM
What's up everyone my name is Glen but everyone calls me Champ I'm from Tuscaloosa Alabama I went to Central Highschool the home of the Falcons wich is right down the street from Bryant Deny Stadium and if you've been to an Alabama football game ther's a good chance you parked at my highschool and walked to the game I played football and ran Track I'm a Sports Gamer I only buy Three games a year Thats NBA Live,Madden and My all time Fav.NCAA Football

Rudy
05-16-2010, 05:26 AM
We're going to have to call this the Huskers Gaming Tailgate. We're being overwhelmed by Nebraska! :)

Kwizzy
05-16-2010, 08:14 AM
We're going to have to call this the Huskers Gaming Tailgate. We're being overwhelmed by Nebraska! :)

You think this is bad? Just wait til we join the Big 10 & Rich Rod has to try to score on a Pelini defense! Oh wait, Rich Rod will prob be gone by then anyway! :D

Deuce
05-16-2010, 09:13 AM
You think this is bad? Just wait til we join the Big 10 & Rich Rod has to try to score on a Pelini defense! Oh wait, Rich Rod will prob be gone by then anyway! :D

I will seriously be sick to my stomach if Nebraska or Mizzou leaves the Big 12. It took me years to get over the fact that OU and NU don't play the Friday after Thanksgiving anymore...

Rudy
05-16-2010, 12:33 PM

I'd love for you guys to come to the Big 10 and run Rich Rod out of town. :)

I think Nebraska would be great to have in the Big 10. If you expand you want a great program with great tradition and Nebraska has all of that.

joshuahuskers
05-16-2010, 02:11 PM

Yeah, I fail to see how this is a problem :p

Flav
05-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Hail to the victors, Hail, hail, michigan :)

JeffHCross
05-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Hail to the victors, Hail, hail, michigan :)
Days since Michigan’s last victory over Ohio State in football:

;)

Jayrah
05-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Hi everyone. Josh from Moscow, ID. Home of the Coug....ah, uh, Vandals :p Jayrah's my Rap name (Gospel rap ya'll, what up!) Don't trip, I'm from Po-dunk Idaho, but my dad's from Compton, CA ;) so it IS in my genes.

Been a college football fan (specifically my Cougs!) all my life, seeing as I was born during my father's RS sophomore yr at WSU, he was a RB. He also coached me in HS as an option qb. I didn't play in college but went to UI here for 2 years. Trying now to get into college basketball officiating, and have a kid on the way in January, so with the music, pretty busy. Still find time for by gaming though, it keeps me sane!

I played little Walsh, and a lot more old school Madden with my uncle (still got a rivalry going on) and then got serious about the college game when it became ncaa football on x-box. LOVE IT. LOVE FOOTBALL. It's fun gettin' to know the game of football, and the video game with you guys.

GREAT SITE! Let's have some fun :cool:

Rudy
05-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Days since Michigan’s last victory over Ohio State in football:

;)

That number is going to be extended for at least another 365 days. I can't see Michigan winning this year either.

AustinWolv
05-16-2010, 06:48 PM
You probably also didn't see TimB running for 313 on OSU. Or Tai Streets taking a slant to the house. OSU is a couple injuries away from disaster this season. SweaterVest needs his defense to play huge.

Rudy
05-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Terrelle Pryor is ready to go bananas this year while Rich Rod will be playing musical QB. I hope UM wins but I really don't see it happening.

Flav
05-16-2010, 07:00 PM
I don't see Pryor having a big year, he just doesn't strike me as a good quarterback. He is athletic but if he turns the ball over the team is done for

Rudy
05-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Never know with some guys. Everyone thought Jevan Snead would be good and he disappointed. For some reason he didn't agree, entered the NFL draft and went undrafted. Pryor looked good in the bowl game and the light bulb might go on for him this year. If it does, OSU will be really good.

Edit: We should probably talk about this in the college football thread. Either way I hope UM and OSU fans don't take things too seriously here. Nothing worse than flame wars between college football fans.

Anton32
05-18-2010, 01:10 PM
Hey guys I'm Anton Bland aka Anton32. Most of those in the gaming community know of me as an EA Sports Community Leader, and a member of the EA Sports Game Changers. I'm 30, live in Dover,Pennsylvania and am a huge gamer on the 360. I'm glad to be a part of it! Shout outs to the guys who made this possible for us! If you need any help from me dont hesitate good luck in all ur endeavors

JeffHCross
05-18-2010, 09:38 PM
You probably also didn't see TimB running for 313 on OSU.Gawd, that memory is so painful for me.

Hey guys I'm Anton Bland aka Anton32. Most of those in the gaming community know of me as an EA Sports Community Leader, and a member of the EA Sports Game Changers.Long time no chat! What, less than 24 hours? (laugh)

Jayrah
05-19-2010, 02:54 AM
Hey guys I'm Anton Bland aka Anton32. Most of those in the gaming community know of me as an EA Sports Community Leader, and a member of the EA Sports Game Changers. I'm 30, live in Dover,Pennsylvania and am a huge gamer on the 360. I'm glad to be a part of it! Shout outs to the guys who made this possible for us! If you need any help from me dont hesitate good luck in all ur endeavors

Welcome Dude! Glad to have ya.

Anton32
05-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Thanks guys for the warm welcome

Sinister
05-19-2010, 08:59 AM
What's good everyone! My name is Seneca I live in Pittsburgh , grew up in Philly . I have 3 kids and wife, I coach soccer,football and baseball. I 've played Ncaa since Bill Walsh days. I rep FSU love that school. I've been on other sites OS and my old buddy Maddenmania. my name is Hova57 or Se-Dog on MM. Excited to be part of a new forum with some good guys. Hope to have some good convo and hopefully games.

JBHuskers
05-20-2010, 11:43 PM
Great "meeting" all of you....we're very glad you have helped us start our "pre-launch" ---- you guys have been nothing but great so far!

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-21-2010, 12:21 AM
well i am hopping on this a bit late... but... here goes...

my name is Eric (thus the "E" which is what my wife/friends/colleagues all call me) im 30, knocking on 31 in July, married, 3 kids, 4-7-9... played QB in HS, College in D1AA @ ETSU in the SoCon when Moss and Pennington was there, Paul Johnson was still at GA Southern, Bobby Johnson was still at Furman and not Vandy... i was around during the time that caused the stir for the D1AA schools to be put in...

transferred out of ETSU when the program went south before it got cut, to WVSU D2, HC at that time was Carl Lee former pro-bowler (CB) for the Vikings, went on to play 2 years arena/indoor, was in camp with Cobras in the AFL but got cut right before season... 1 season in Europe(Germany)...

now days, i do a good bit of evangelistic outreach ministry, own 2 businesses one my wife runs (salon), and the other is my consultant business in which i work with professional clubs in europe that are still thriving in the absence of the NFLE... about to take a coaching job at a good sized school near my hometown, first season im looking at co-OC... but second year i will be taking over completely...

i will give you tons of football advice that is applicable to the game, and not just shoot you links to all kinds of blogs and crap that is football X's & O's but is nothing NEAR what happens in the game... with the upgrades in the AI, blocking, etc... i hope to work with the three amigos here on developing some solid e-books with video for NCAA 11, that range from novice stuff, to things that most of us here will want to dive into... any questions about any offense/defense just post and i will do my best to give you the most relevant, applicable, and substantial responses i can that PERTAIN TO THE GAME and how THE GAME PLAYS... i wont just shoot you a bunch of "coach speak" that sounds good, but does no good when you pick a play in an online ranked match... lol

::EDIT:: my business is a consultant business and now that AFL is back up and running (somewhat) i will be doing some scouting work at camps/combines again as well... listed with IFSB still even though i havent worked with them in geez... nearly 2 years? served as a southeast scout with no specific conference, i could cover anything i wanted... (http://ifsbfreeagents.com/index.php) the contact info on there is old as i said... but, just forgot to mention that in my mini bio there...

"E"

Rudy
05-21-2010, 04:57 AM
E - is football becoming more popular in Europe? I know it had been doing pretty good in Germany but I'd just like to here more about that.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-21-2010, 08:13 AM
yeah... NFLE after the World League was huge for the game, but now it is becoming a very popular "out" for those cut from camps for NFL/CFL... the best thing that has happened, is that companies like some that i have worked with, are bringing over top coaches as well as players... football is reaching deep into the youth there... the professional clubs there now compete at around a D1AA/D2'ish level, but that is steadily increasing as places like WSS (http://www.worldsportsscouting.com/index.html) are steadily increasing american trades, establishing canadian exports as a commodity, and again, providing top notch coaches... i know that some of the professional clubs that compete for the eurocup year in and out will fly some colleges from the D1AA/D2 ranks to scrimmage... and will come to the states as well... there are still some regions in which the level is at a JUCO/D3 quality but these are areas that are starting up AFTER World League/NFLE...

the best thing, and most rewarding thing (to me at least) is that we can reach across the pond, work with these kids, get them in an exchange program to a good high school, and even some of these guys can get some scholarships to some universities... there are a good bit of former NFL coaches (not household name coaches, but staffers from NFL teams, position coach types) that are taking the "summer job" over in these leagues... they now do their football exactly the same way they do soccer... huge league setups, huge tournaments, huge cup games... the one team i consult with every day for offense the coach is a former Giants OL coach, i do conference calls @ 10 AM my time, and 4PM my time, and do whiteboard sessions over skype for conference meeting between me, him, and the OC (who is a candian guy who has been big in AF2, and soon to go CFL)...

i could go ON AND ON AND ON about this stuff, but sorry, back to the topic... LONG STORY SHORT (not really after all that) yes... football is becoming more popular lol

::EDIT:: remember NFLE had the rule of "one national player participating in every down" so there are also a ton of WELL COACHED euro guys that have been exposed to top notch coaching and are now still playing or coaching as well... ok seriously... /end of semi off-topic spill

"E"

Coachdenz
05-21-2010, 01:46 PM
My name is coachdenz and I have a football problem, 37 years of age, married and have a little one at the age of 5. Played High School football and was an invited walk on to Ole Miss (University of Mississippi) the WR coach at Ole Miss at that time was none other than new Louisville Head Coach and Former Gator DC Charlie Strong, after some tuff decisions and a girl, I decided to stay closer to home and play football for UNA (University of North Alabama Lions Coached by Bobby Wallace), a Division 2 school. A Motorcycle wreck ended my college career before it ever got started and missed out of the chance to play on a team that won 3 back to back 2AA National Championships. Coached a little high school ball in the mid to late 90's and was inducted into the Winston County Hall of Fame Class or 2008. Now I work in the IT department for one of the largest Manfacturing housing company's in the United States.

Some of you know me from my days maddenmania.com where I begin my NCAA forum rants (g) before it closed down. Played in a lot of leagues, but one league stands out the most and it's one that Gschwendt ran using All Pro Football by 2K, I had a blast in that league and how I got Earl Campbell with the 2nd or 3rd pick I will never know, then again I might have been the only one having a blast cause Earl Campbell was near impossible to stop.

to add I'm at BIG BAMA fan! Been Playing Football since the days of the atari 2600.

Coachdenz
05-21-2010, 02:05 PM
hey grid do anything with the Alabama vipers? I've been up to see them play years ago, I believe they were called the Tennessee Valley Vipers back then and was part of the AFL2.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-21-2010, 06:52 PM
hey grid do anything with the Alabama vipers? I've been up to see them play years ago, I believe they were called the Tennessee Valley Vipers back then and was part of the AFL2.

not much with them personally... there used to be a guy that was with IFSB that handled them exclusive, he was friends with one of the staff at the time... which im sure that none of the same staff are there that used to be there... its been a while since i worked with any arena teams, been focusing on euro ball since the exodus of NFLE...

much respect for UNA... Will Hall is the only individual player i remember... but i know there were many others...

"E"

Rudy
05-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Man, we sure have some guys with some solid football backgrounds here. I'd love to say I played in college but I would be lying. Never even had a dream of that. I played two years of high school ball in a program that would be so pathetic you would just laugh. Six year olds at Pop Warner would have gotten better coaching than what he had.

NatureBoy
05-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Hey guys, i'm Nature Boy. Married, 42 with a beautiful eight month old daughter. I've been apart of the Madden Community since 2002. I'm a Senior Moderator on the Madden and NCAA Football forums on the EA Sports website. I've been a member of several Madden sites over the years and i'm glad to be a part of this one as well.

I'm a lifelong fan of the South Carolina Gamecocks, Oakland Raiders, LA Lakers and LA Kings. My gamertag is NatureBoy2323 for the PS3 and 360. You can find me on twitter as well. www.twitter.com/NatureBoy2323

Jayrah
05-23-2010, 02:57 AM
Hey guys, i'm Nature Boy. Married, 42 with a beautiful eight month old daughter. I've been apart of the Madden Community since 2002. I'm a Senior Moderator on the Madden and NCAA Football forums on the EA Sports website. I've been a member of several Madden sites over the years and i'm glad to be a part of this one as well.

I'm a lifelong fan of the South Carolina Gamecocks, Oakland Raiders, LA Lakers and LA Kings. My gamertag is NatureBoy2323 for the PS3 and 360. You can find me on twitter as well. www.twitter.com/NatureBoy2323 (http://www.twitter.com/NatureBoy2323)

Startin the family up just in time huh? ;)

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-23-2010, 08:52 AM
yeah now he will have an excuse to be "up late" with the "baby" and getting her to "sleep" while he just so happens to play "NCAA" lol... i have a 9, 7, and 4 year old... ive used that "excuse" many times... lol

"E"

JStein2469
05-23-2010, 01:18 PM
Hey guys. I'm Jake Stein, 26 years old from Tampa, Fl. I'm apart of the EA SPORTS Game Changers program and excited to finally join a gaming website that I can call home!

Flav
05-23-2010, 01:22 PM
I haven't formally introduced myself, so here we go. I'm Flavius (Romanian) moved to the US when I was 3. I'm a die hard Michigan Wolverines fan and I'm 17 years old.

Rudy
05-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Hey guys. I'm Jake Stein, 26 years old from Tampa, Fl. I'm apart of the EA SPORTS Game Changers program and excited to finally join a gaming website that I can call home!

That makes 5 lucky guys who have played NCAA 11 already. Combine the three admin CD guys with Jake and Anton and it's a monopoly. Just like EA has with the NFL! (Sorry, couldn't resist stirring the pot).

Jayrah
05-23-2010, 02:26 PM
yeah now he will have an excuse to be "up late" with the "baby" and getting her to "sleep" while he just so happens to play "NCAA" lol... i have a 9, 7, and 4 year old... ive used that "excuse" many times... lol

"E"

I plan on using that come January (hopefully I'll still be playing it, I think so). I'm already up too late as it is, so my wife says she's not getting up cause I'll already be there.

JeffHCross
05-23-2010, 04:30 PM
Hey guys. I'm Jake Stein, 26 years old from Tampa, Fl. I'm apart of the EA SPORTS Game Changers program and excited to finally join a gaming website that I can call home!Welcome, bud.

cdj
05-23-2010, 04:46 PM
That makes 5 lucky guys who have played NCAA 11 already. Combine the three admin CD guys with Jake and Anton and it's a monopoly. Just like EA has with the NFL! (Sorry, couldn't resist stirring the pot).

You forgot Shopmaster - that makes six. All we are missing is MPDamon and rynoaid.

Welcome to everyone! :)

JeffHCross
05-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Me, Austin and UGA might be able to team up on Damon ;)

jaymo76
05-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Hey guys, jaymo76 here. I know most of you guys from NCAA Strategies and OP Sports. I've been on the NCAA bandwagon since the early 2000's. Outside of family and work, football is my hobby and passion (video, watching, playing, talking... you get the picture). Being Canadian I think I bring a bit of a different slant when looking at the game and I find NCAA and the CFL have a lot of similarities.

Props to the developers of this site. I love what I am seeing so far. Keep up the great work!

Kev5890
06-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Hey everyone,

I am Kevin or Kev5890 as I am known on the internet. I used to moderate Madden Planet/EA Sports Fans but now I am a moderator for the official EA Sports Forums. I am also apart of the original members of the EA Sports Game Changers. And I run The Sports Game Guy with Damon.

If you guys have Twitter you can follow me @Kev5890

skipwondah33
06-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Whats up, my name is Skip

I am 28, married and expecting a son this fall (our 1st). I'm not a part of any of those cool EA programs so don't have anything to put about that lol. However I do know two people who are, well 5 now. I'm already familiar with a few people here prior to coming over.

Outside of the norm family, work, sports and working out...video gaming and computers (later on) have been my life, it is what I have always enjoyed ever since I had my 1st Atari.

Glad to be here

iBrandon
06-09-2010, 08:57 AM
Howdy, I'm Brandon, AKA DookieMowf (A name I am really getting tired of) if you have been on Operation Sports, you may have seen me around. I am a 29 year old, die hard San Francisco 49ers and Baylor Bears fan. I live in Waco, TX and I am married and I have an 8 year old daughter.

ChiCitySports
06-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Hey Guys, finally got validated so I wanted to jump on board and introduce myself. Some of you may already know me, this is Rush23/Rush from the sports gaming world. I ran Virtual Sports Network for a little over a year and it was a very large board, however we wound up selling due to catastrophic database problems (you may have noticed it being up/down a lot). I now run ChiCitySports.Com a Chicago sports site.

I don't really post anywhere for sports gaming and I saw JBHuskers mention it on Twitter and thought I'd give this place a shot. I look forward to posting here, looks like a solid group of guys.

lilheavy
06-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Whats up fellas, my name is Frank aka lilheavy aka 3nDAmornin. Just cracked the big 30, married for going on 7 years, and a father of 3 (Two girls 4 yrs old and 3 weeks old, and a boy 1 year old). Looking forward to getting some games in with you guys.

ebin
06-10-2010, 03:11 AM
Name's Patrick. Been playing NCAA since 2003 (with good ole Joey Harrington on the cover). Not sure how it happened, but I'm 30 and married, with a 3 month old son. Was an active member of the original MaddenMania back in the day, and played a ton of '04, '05, and '06, but like many, haven't been nearly as obsessed with the more recent releases. Really hoping '11 changes that.

Rudy
06-10-2010, 05:31 AM
Howdy, I'm Brandon, AKA DookieMowf (A name I am really getting tired of) if you have been on Operation Sports, you may have seen me around. I am a 29 year old, die hard San Francisco 49ers and Baylor Bears fan. I live in Waco, TX and I am married and I have an 8 year old daughter.

And has some of the nuttiest tweets on Twitter. Sometimes too much info lol!

CLW
06-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Hello everyone. My name is Corey. I am a 30 year old attorney currently living in Rhode Island. My wife is just about ready to start her 4th/final year of her OBGYN residency at Brown. She is currently applying for a GYN ONC (women's cancer) fellowship so we will hopefully be on the move again next summer. We have two dogs (basset hound and a pound mut). Looking forward to posting at this "new" site.

Twinky34
06-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Whats up fellows My name is Chris i am from Virginia 32 years old. I work for the local parks and rec also officiate high school football,basketball, and volleyball (dont cut on it at 90 dollars a game) also just go in college football this year. Enjoy playing the NCAA series and looking forward to the new game. Play slow pitch softball on weekend for fun. hit me up any time guys my aim and yahoo messenger is ssihop34. Die Hard Va Tech fan about a hr away from Blacksburg and season ticket holder. NFL team would be the eagles every since walker and cunningham also MLB team would be the Braves. See you on the forums folks!

iBrandon
06-13-2010, 11:12 PM
And has some of the nuttiest tweets on Twitter. Sometimes too much info lol!

LOL got to keep it interesting. 99% of my tweets are true.

SmoothPancakes
06-15-2010, 02:15 AM
Greetings everyone! Thanks to JeffHCross for pointing me to this great site! I have been a NCAA Football video game nut since the days of NCAA Football 2001, in addition to being just plain an absolute NCAA football nut in terms of the actual game itself.

A bit about myself, my name is Andrew, just turned 23 years old back on April 15th and I live in Defiance, OH (very NW corner of Ohio). I am employed by Clear Channel Communications and work as an Assistant Production Manager for all four radio stations in the market that I live in (3 in Defiance, 1 in the neighboring town, Napoleon). I am also the on air talent for the Napoleon station's morning show on Saturday mornings.

In terms of sports, well, I definitely can't match the football background of some of the people I just read about. The farthest I ever got was playing all four years of HS football. I love football so much that I had no problem playing for the team at my college, even though they were a Division III school and thus no scholarships. However, my football career never got past high school due to a lot of issues I've had with my knees and ankles from 4 years of abuse on the offensive and defensive lines.

As for being a fan, I am a hardcore fan of all sports at the Naval Academy. Even though I hold a special place for Ohio State football in my heart (everyone in my ENTIRE family are Ohio State fans after all), it didn't take even a second thought to root against the Bucks, as well as enter the Horseshoe in a Navy jersey, when I went to the Navy-Ohio State game last September with my uncle. Football is by far my favorite college sport, but I also closely follow basketball, baseball, tennis, and lacrosse. For professional sports, I may as well be transplanted from Colorado. I'm a die-hard fan of the Denver Broncos (even with the extremely heart breaking collapses of the past couple years), the Colorado Rockies, Denver Nuggets, and Colorado Avalanche.

So in a sense, I'm a bit of an abnormality, following the Naval Academy on the east coast in college football as well as all other college sports, and following all the Colorado teams in professional sports, all while living in NW Ohio. ;) However, my love for the NCAA video game series trumps all, and thus, why I am here! :) I hope to get to know you all better as time goes on and I look forward to many great discussions about a great video game (as well as real sports) with everyone!

cdj
06-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Whomever "AMagicianNamedGOB" is, he/she has to post an intro with a name like that!

JeffHCross
06-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Even though I hold a special place for Ohio State football in my heart (everyone in my ENTIRE family are Ohio State fans after all), it didn't take even a second thought to root against the Bucks, as well as enter the Horseshoe in a Navy jersey, when I went to the Navy-Ohio State game last September with my uncle.... why did I invite you here, again?

Glad to see you again, bud.

SmoothPancakes
06-16-2010, 09:00 PM
... why did I invite you here, again?

Glad to see you again, bud.

Because I'm your favorite Navy fan? :)

Thanks, definitely glad to be here.

rsump112
06-22-2010, 08:51 AM
Hello everybody, name's Cliff, been rsump112 on just about every gaming site I've been on since the late 90's. I recognize most of y'all from ncaastrategies and some from OS, been playing NCAA since:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/60/Bill_Walsh_College_Football_Coverart.png

Played high school ball, coached youth ball and ref for the VHSL (football and basketball).

Looking forward to another great forum to be involved in.

JBHuskers
06-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Whomever "AMagicianNamedGOB" is, he/she has to post an intro with a name like that!

Gob is the zombie bartender in Fallout 3 isn't it? :D

Welcome to all of the new members! A nice boom in registration.

HuskerBlitz
06-22-2010, 09:13 PM
I'm John. I'm old so we'll leave it at that. I love playing any college based sports games, and CAS is almost a must for me in order to get the full effect of the game. :D

We need to get this new forum rockin'!

Marlowe
06-23-2010, 12:13 AM
Sup fellas. I'm Mario. Read JeffH's post over at EAsportsfans and thought I'd check the place out. Looks good. Ok bye.

JeffHCross
06-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Sup fellas. I'm Mario. Read JeffH's post over at EAsportsfans and thought I'd check the place out. Looks good. Ok bye.Whoo-hoo! Another MPer!

JBHuskers
06-24-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm John. I'm old so we'll leave it at that. I love playing any college based sports games, and CAS is almost a must for me in order to get the full effect of the game. :D

We need to get this new forum rockin'!

For some reason I thought you were a kid :D I guess I didn't know for sure at the other site and just assumed LOL

SmoothPancakes
06-24-2010, 10:23 AM
For some reason I thought you were a kid :D I guess I didn't know for sure at the other site and just assumed LOL

Well, I can say you aren't alone. I thought/assumed the same thing. :D

HuskerBlitz
06-24-2010, 12:22 PM

Well, I can say you aren't alone. I thought/assumed the same thing. :D
What in the world made you assume that? :D

Nah, I'm probably one of the older members of the other site. That, and you have to remember, I've been playing with my NSU team for over a decade now. ;)

JBHuskers
06-24-2010, 12:29 PM
What in the world made you assume that? :D

Nah, I'm probably one of the older members of the other site. That, and you have to remember, I've been playing with my NSU team for over a decade now. ;)

I dunno ... really no basis for it, just what I thought :D maybe it was that prairie dog logo.

PDawgs
06-27-2010, 02:45 AM
Greatings from Doha, Qatar everybody. I have been gone for a year, JB and CDJ switch sites on me. I been going to Utopia all this time and keep asking myself we are you guess. I had to call Violator just to find out. To everyone I know I'm fine and doing well. Just got remarried to a beautiful Ethiopian and expecting a baby boy end of August. I will be getting my Internet back up soon, so we can start playing some Ncaa together. JB I need you and Violator over so I can pimp y'all out to this Arabic women. If this is in the wrong thread sorry didn't mean to troll. Everybody send your email address or yahoo messenger so we can stay in touch alittle better, so I can send ya'll some pictures off Doha, newborn baby, wife and me.

Violator
06-27-2010, 12:16 PM
hey p diggidty, was good to talk to you yesterday
shoot me a message on yahoo its idonthaveagoodname.

cdj
06-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Hey PDawgs! Glad to hear you are doing well over there!

Thelaw
06-27-2010, 03:02 PM
Hey guys my name is Pat (aka outlaw or thelaw) been playing ncaa for as long as it has been around and have been playing online since ncaa04.I am 40 years old and live just outside of Boise.

JBHuskers
06-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Greatings from Doha, Qatar everybody. I have been gone for a year, JB and CDJ switch sites on me. I been going to Utopia all this time and keep asking myself we are you guess. I had to call Violator just to find out. To everyone I know I'm fine and doing well. Just got remarried to a beautiful Ethiopian and expecting a baby boy end of August. I will be getting my Internet back up soon, so we can start playing some Ncaa together. JB I need you and Violator over so I can pimp y'all out to this Arabic women. If this is in the wrong thread sorry didn't mean to troll. Everybody send your email address or yahoo messenger so we can stay in touch alittle better, so I can send ya'll some pictures off Doha, newborn baby, wife and me.

What's up bro!!!! Glad you've joined over here. I'll PM you my e-mail address and Yahoo. Glad you are doing well.

JBHuskers
06-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Hey guys my name is Pat (aka outlaw or thelaw) been playing ncaa for as long as it has been around and have been playing online since ncaa04.I am 40 years old and live just outside of Boise.

Welcome! Big Boise fan?

Thelaw
06-28-2010, 09:11 AM
Yes i am i have been a fan since i moved up here in 1985.

ram29jackson
06-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Hello- I just had seen a mention of this site at Operation Sports and thought this would be an interesting place to check out etc. Plus I read that the famous gschwnt is here. Watched his many vids in the past wondering what it might be like to play him?

JBHuskers
06-30-2010, 11:44 PM
Welcome to all the new members of TGT! Less than two months in and we have cracked 200.

For all of you Facebook users out there....you can follow us right here - http://www.facebook.com/thegamingtailgate

And if you tweet - www.twitter.com/gamingtailgate

ebin
07-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Welcome to all the new members of TGT! Less than two months in and we have cracked 200.

For all of you Facebook users out there....you can follow us right here - http://www.facebook.com/thegamingtailgate

And if you tweet - www.twitter.com/gamingtailgate

Holy social media batman! :)

JBHuskers
07-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Holy social media batman! :)

That's how we roll :cool:

Flav
07-01-2010, 10:42 AM
So I leave last night, we were at 199 members then I wake up this morning and we are at 210. Wow!

hillbill
07-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Man, I wondered where all you guys went....

My name is Bill. Known on the forums as hillbill. I've been over at ncaa strategies since like 2004, I think. I'm not known to post a whole buch but I read the board all the time. Started playing the NCAA games back on the Sega Genesis, skipped the PS One generation, and then picked back up with NCAA 2001 on the PS2. Now playing the PS3. Long-time off-line dynasty player. This series is really all I play. I have played both of the Modern Warfare games though and they're fun (for a while).

Huge college football fan and a season ticket holder in Morgantown. I'm in my late 30's born and raised in West Virginia, married with two kids, a girl and a boy. By the way, the little guy has already started playing the game via the FAMILY PLAY option on NCAA 10. Oh, and I'm an accountant for a large construction and materials company and live in Hurricane, WV.

cdj
07-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Welcome to the newest members!

hillbill - I hope the economy hasn't slowed down projects at your work. Welcome!

Tarhead10
07-02-2010, 03:40 AM
Greetings to everyone... My name is Brad and I use to be Thaheelsn04 over at ncaastrategies for about six years.. Thanks to the founding fathers of TGT for starting a great new site, hope to spend many more over here!! :cool:

PigSooie
07-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Hi, my name is Geno and I'm a Sports Information Director. I post as PigSooie here and McShamrock in other places. I was born and raised in Arkansas. I'm a huge Razorbacks fan (probably guessed that by my handle) and a self-professed sports geek working his absolute dream job. I'm a big NCAA Football fan on the PlayStation consoles and I've been a gamer for longer than I care to remember. I've playing NCAA Football since the Danny Wuerffel edition (yep, that should date me quite accurately within one to three years of my actual age for you older gents) on the OPS (Original PlayStation).

Geauxlden
07-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Hey guys,

I was a longtime member over at the other site, under the same username, but really posted rarely over the last few years because it wasn't the same "Utopia" that I joined way back when. I had to come check out the new site once I heard that the heart of the strategies site had relocated.

I'm an LSU grad that has lived in Houston for the last 8 years, and I'm deeply into football from the highschool level to the NFL, but college football has always been my true passion. I've been playing NCAA ever since the original Bill Walsh (still actually have that game and the roster cards that came with it) and while I may be slightly let down by the game from time to time I'm still able to find enjoyment from each new version.

cdj
07-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Welcome! Great intros, guys. Glad to have you here.

worst2first
07-02-2010, 01:22 PM
A lot of you probably know me from another site. I'm from Texas. I currently live in Dallas and teach high school here. My wife and I are expecting the birth of our first child (a little girl) in September. I grew up watching the Longhorns and Cowboys with my dad and although I am a fan of sports in general, those teams will always be my first love.

I am almost exclusively a Coach Mode player although I have occasionally been know to delve into Campus Legend. As I've matured (ie. aged) I have lost a lot of my fascination with the game. I still play it and enjoy it but it hasn't fundamentally changed since I first started playing and has consistently lagged far behind other sports games in terms of innovation and improvement.

I don't really understand why this site was created as a separate entity. I feel a little like a kid whose parents have divorced, but I will visit here occasionally for information specifically related to the game.

(For the record, I am not trying to stir anything up or start trouble. I just thought it would be good to be completely open and honest in my introduction. I fully intend to follow all rules and regulations as I have done on every board I've been a part of.)

cdj
07-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Welcome! It's always nice to see familiar names.

Potatoes002
07-03-2010, 01:08 AM
Came over here from OperationSports, was a long time lurker at your guy's old site. I am a huge Wazzu fan even though I live in Seattle. Go figure. Been playing Ncaa 08 with Eastern Washington on the Xbox to tie me over for the new game; after playing the demo, I can never go back to Ncaa 10.

Jayrah
07-03-2010, 01:13 AM
after playing the demo, I can never go back to Ncaa 10.

HA! True Dat My Bro! Go Cougs!

Jayrah
07-03-2010, 01:15 AM
I don't really understand why this site was created as a separate entity. I feel a little like a kid whose parents have divorced, but I will visit here occasionally for information specifically related to the game.

Sometimes it's just all about maturity man. Your screen name pretty much describes it all. Welcome!

Jayrah
07-03-2010, 01:20 AM
Welcome! Great intros, guys. Glad to have you here.

Yeah man, this is awesome! Site's blowin up! Boo Ya! Triple Post! (not on purpose :))

souljahbill
07-03-2010, 05:49 AM
Quantrell, 32 from New Orleans, LA. Massive fanboy for my alma mater, the University of Southern Mississippi (c/o '01). I studied Sports Medicine there and I'm now a certified athletic trainer. I teach Sports Medicine and First Responder at Donaldsonville High School in LA as well as serve as the head athletic trainer. I'm married with no kids but I do have 2 dogs that act like little children. I'm souljahbill on the PSN and if anyone has a Wii, I actually play that too if you wanna exchange (unnecessarily long) Wii codes. On the side, for fun, I'm a contributing writer at www.themarriedgamers.net

JBHuskers
07-03-2010, 11:57 AM
after playing the demo, I can never go back to Ncaa 10.

I will only go back to finish my last few Road To Glory games to get the platinum trophy :D

Nothingface
07-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Nothingface

Crumb Donuts rule.
Miami Hurricane fanatic.
31 y/o with a 9 month son.
Completely hyped for NCAA 11.
Californian.
Former console RPG player.
Eating ritz and cheez wiz.
Wondering if i'll get too drunk on Sunday and make a fool of myself.
Hello everyone!

cdj
07-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Welcome!

JBHuskers
07-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Nothingface

Crumb Donuts rule.
Miami Hurricane fanatic.
31 y/o with a 9 month son.
Completely hyped for NCAA 11.
Californian.
Former console RPG player.
Eating ritz and cheez wiz.
Wondering if i'll get too drunk on Sunday and make a fool of myself.
Hello everyone!

:drools:

Chase
07-05-2010, 11:21 AM
chase
20 y/o
just moved to panama city, fl
originally from louisville, ky
big louisville fan
big sports gamer, mostly ncaa fb and nba 2k
i do web development as a job and a hobby

not a big fan of the huge forums, prefer smaller online communities.
saw this site on BigBlue's twitter page

cdj
07-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Welcome, Chase! Glad to have you here.

skilly52
07-11-2010, 12:47 PM
XBL tag- Skilly52

im 27 yrs old, i have a 4yr old son and not looking to have anymore haha... im a die hard Fighting Irish fan and a super die hard giants fan, its how i was born and raised and im doing the same with my son haha.. im from the poconos, PA, i absoultly love to play NCAA football and madden been playing it since nintendo haha, i currently work for a lumber company making some good money but not happy so that is why im currently in police acadamy part time to be a cop.. well i look foward to ncaa 11 on tuesday and hope to play with some you guys.. glad to be here!

JBHuskers
07-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Good to have you Skilly!

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Chase/Skilly: Welcome dudes! You sound like busy guys.

DrManateePhD
07-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Hello All,

My name is Austin, I finished my undergrad and PhD at the University of Arizona, so needless to say that's where my collegiate allegiances lie. I am 30 years, teach Molecular and Cellular Biology at UofA as an associate professor. I can't remember being so excited for any NCAA game before. I've been married for 6 years and have no children, glad to be a part of this site, seems I've found an NCAA site with some mature persons on it :D Hope to see you all online or in an OD which I am very active in.

JBHuskers
07-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Glad to have you on doc!

oweb26
07-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Hello All,

My name is Austin, I finished my undergrad and PhD at the University of Arizona, so needless to say that's where my collegiate allegiances lie. I am 30 years, teach Molecular and Cellular Biology at UofA as an associate professor. I can't remember being so excited for any NCAA game before. I've been married for 6 years and have no children, glad to be a part of this site, seems I've found an NCAA site with some mature persons on it :D Hope to see you all online or in an OD which I am very active in.

I hate you already! :D How did you finish so fast at 30 all the way to your Phd? Either you are really smart or I am a total dumb ass, probably the later.

Boucher
07-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Whats going on guys names Boucher, you may have seen me from OS, DS,VSND,SL or follow me on twitter. Ive already seen a few people here that I know such as Potatoes, Rudy, and Dr Death

Looking forward to talking Cfball and X's and O's

natcret
07-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Hi guys! Brand new to all this stuff. My name is Natcret, originally from the frozen north and have called Florida my home for over 25 years. I have been an avid gamer since I was first introduced to XOR Football back in the day, and even owned an Intellivision so I could play the football and baseball games they had back then. I am retired military, been with my bride for 29 years, and have two girls. I have not really done much in the way of online gaming and am looking forward to that experience.

Though I have slowed down a bit, I still enjoy many the games that I see out there, tho nowadays, I stick pretty much to NCAA and Madden football. Recently, I have been introduced to TW PGA Tour golf and am starting to have fun with it.

Regards

Potatoes002
07-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Whats going on guys names Boucher, you may have seen me from OS, DS,VSND,SL or follow me on twitter. Ive already seen a few people here that I know such as Potatoes, Rudy, and Dr Death

Glad you made it over :)

Boucher
07-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Glad you made it over :)

:smug:

DrManateePhD
07-11-2010, 07:42 PM
I hate you already! :D How did you finish so fast at 30 all the way to your Phd? Either you are really smart or I am a total dumb ass, probably the later.

Probably neither, in my field a masters is not required and wouldn't do much in terms of career advancement. Fresh from my undergrad degree, I entered into my PhD program looking at T-Cell differentiation under different concentrations of a HCQ isotope called dnaJP1 in Rheumatoid Arthritis, it took me about 4 years to complete, from there I began teaching and loved it :D

JeffHCross
07-11-2010, 10:51 PM
I actually understood enough of that to know that I would hate to do it. :D

Welcome.

cdj
07-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Welcome, guys!

Whit
07-12-2010, 06:56 AM
Whit here all, glad to be a part of this great community. I'm 36 years old, father of two daughters, and reside in GA. I am originally from Detroit, and am a lifelong Michigan Wolverine fan. I have enjoyed reading the posts on the forum, looks like NCAA 11 is going to be great! Anyways, I look forward to talking with you all and wanted to give props to the admins for such a great board!

AustinWolv
07-12-2010, 07:40 AM
lifelong Michigan Wolverine fan
Nice, GO BLUE!

cdj
07-12-2010, 07:50 AM
Whit! Glad to see you here! If bjrod shows up, we're closing down the doors. ;)

JBHuskers
07-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Whit here all, glad to be a part of this great community. I'm 36 years old, father of two daughters, and reside in GA. I am originally from Detroit, and am a lifelong Michigan Wolverine fan. I have enjoyed reading the posts on the forum, looks like NCAA 11 is going to be great! Anyways, I look forward to talking with you all and wanted to give props to the admins for such a great board!

Look who it is! The good ol' OMML days!

JacoPastorius
07-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Hey. I'm Jaco. Not the Jaco Pastrius, lol lol lol. But I always liked this game, and that's why I'm here. I'm 25 and single, hope don't meet anyone here. Lol. Never decideod on a team tho. Gr8 news.

cdj
07-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Hey, Jaco. Welcome!

Some weird stuff going on with your account, so feel free to create a thread in our Banned Members sub-forum and we can straighten things out. Thanks!

texacotea
07-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Look who it is! The good ol' OMML days!

Memories......:)

Whit
07-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Whit! Glad to see you here! If bjrod shows up, we're closing down the doors. ;)

Let's not get too crazy!!! :)

Roy38
07-12-2010, 07:35 PM
...and they thought they could just leave without saying anything. I can't be avoided that easily (unless you start up another website and hide)! Roy38 (a.k.a. Roy38 from ncaaStrategies and Operation Sports) will be around providing feedback, ideas, criticisms (the constructive type), and laughter from a veteran gamer's perspective. Thanks for letting me drop anchor!

Rudy
07-12-2010, 07:45 PM

We need more Canadians! Or at least more people who aren't Husker fans, eh?

JBHuskers
07-12-2010, 07:55 PM
We need more Canadians! Or at least more people who aren't Husker fans, eh?

Well you're out of luck on the latter.....the official Huskers Twitter page tweeted our YouTube video of the Husker entrance today LOL

cdj
07-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Nice to see you, Roy38! :)

steelerfan
07-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Well you're out of luck on the latter.....the official Huskers Twitter page tweeted our YouTube video of the Husker entrance today LOL

:eek:

JeffHCross
07-12-2010, 10:08 PM
:eek:I'm hiding ... you?

steelerfan
07-12-2010, 10:11 PM
I'm hiding ... you?

We may have to form an alliance with UM fans! :smh:

SmoothPancakes
07-12-2010, 10:20 PM
We may have to form an alliance with UM fans! :smh:

Don't tease me like that! :(

JeffHCross
07-12-2010, 11:22 PM
We may have to form an alliance with UM fans! :smh:Nevar!!!!!!!

Rudy
07-13-2010, 05:46 AM
Nevar!!!!!!!

We don't form an alliance with OSU fans that can't spell!!

:P

SirHellraiser
07-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Sir_Hellraiser is my xbox live gamertag
I am 35 yrs old live in Austin Texas huge Longhorn and Cowboys fan We tailgate every home game and Tex/Ou game if anyone wants to add me just shoot me a friends requet will be getting this game real soon

Nothingface
07-13-2010, 11:22 AM
GT: Nothingfacezero. Welcome to the site. Atleast your not another Cornhusker on here. lol, sorry guys.

cdj
07-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Welcome to the site! Glad to have you here.

HuskerBlitz
07-13-2010, 11:24 AM
LOL...This place is starting to sound like an on-line dating site. :D

Jesus
07-13-2010, 11:25 AM
What's up guys? Heard about this site from a few guys that told me it was just starting up. I've been looking for a website that is relatively new that shows a great future. I wanted to get on board with a site in its early stages and stay with it for a while. Haven't been on an active board in a while, so I'm pretty excited about how this site looks. I've seen some of the names on here before, so it should be a fun season interacting with some of you.

Quick question, how do I donate? Couldn't find it- I assume PayPal will work?

Jesus
07-13-2010, 11:26 AM
GT: Nothingfacezero. Welcome to the site. Atleast your not another Cornhusker on here. lol, sorry guys.

Actually, this is the guy that referred me. We play online a lot, he's a pretty cool dude to play with. What's up, buddy?

My GT = TheVegasAces

cdj
Click on 'Support the Gaming Tailgate' at the top and it will show you how to donate and also the perks available. Glad to have you here!

JBHuskers
What's up guys? Heard about this site from a few guys that told me it was just starting up. I've been looking for a website that is relatively new that shows a great future. I wanted to get on board with a site in its early stages and stay with it for a while. Haven't been on an active board in a while, so I'm pretty excited about how this site looks. I've seen some of the names on here before, so it should be a fun season interacting with some of you.

Quick question, how do I donate? Couldn't find it- I assume PayPal will work?

Welcome Jesus! Yes. Here's a link to our "offering plate" :D

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?249-Support-The-Gaming-Tailgate

Nothingface
07-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Actually, this is the guy that referred me. We play online a lot, he's a pretty cool dude to play with. What's up, buddy?

My GT = TheVegasAces

Hey man. Welcome to a new home. Im pacing around the house waiting for delivery.

JBHuskers
07-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Hey man. Welcome to a new home. Im pacing around the house waiting for delivery.

Delivery of your credit card bill? ;)

ebin
07-13-2010, 11:48 AM
LOL...This place is starting to sound like an on-line dating site. :D

I was thinking the same thing. :D

JBHuskers
07-14-2010, 12:45 AM
Once again welcome to all new members, we have almost cracked 300 already.

EDIT: Welcome and congrats to Freaknjoe for being member #300!

MadScientist06
07-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Hi, my name is!
Hi, my name is!
Hi, my name is...

MadScientist

The original, always hated, never duplicated, head hammer swinger extraordinary, the coolest doctor you know!

I support The Gaming Tailgate. Chris and Jeremy are class acts and if anybody tell you different, they can...can I cuss up in here? LOL! j/k
They good peoples and I have know them both since elementary school. We are all actually cousins! LOL!

Let's go with this NCAA 11...that darn Tick Tick Boom song was giving me nightmares at night...viva NCAA 11!!!

MadSci
And I approve this message!

You know where to find me...I'm in DaMatrix Baby!

JeffHCross
07-15-2010, 07:04 PM
I support The Gaming Tailgate. Chris and Jeremy are class acts and if anybody tell you different, they can...I tell Jeremy different all the time ;)

MadScientist06
07-17-2010, 01:47 PM
And I thought I was the only cat here with a PhDiggity! LOL!

UGA though and Ph.D. in Workforce Education. Go Dawgs!

I'm a department head at a local university. Associate Prof hoping to be a full professor by next year!

Welcome aboard fellow Doc!

MadScientist06
Kicking bustas in the head since '87!

Hello All,

JTRaines92
07-25-2010, 10:46 AM
What's up fellas?

Flav
02-28-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm back! Did anyone miss me?

JBHuskers
02-28-2011, 11:42 AM

who are you? :P

cdj
02-28-2011, 11:01 PM

Hey stranger, welcome back! I wondered if you fell off the planet. :P

ArkHogs
04-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Hi, I'm Seth. I'm 19 years old and I attend the U of A. I'm a HUGE sports gamer, I've been a fan of the NCAA series since I was 8 (Madden, not so much). My favorite teams are the 'Noles (born in Tallahassee) and the Razorbacks. :)

cdj
04-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Welcome, Seth! Glad to have you here and thanks for all the hard work on the cannon info. A lot of school fan bases will be pleased!

steelerfan
04-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Hi, I'm Seth. I'm 19 years old and I attend the U of A. I'm a HUGE sports gamer, I've been a fan of the NCAA series since I was 8 (Madden, not so much). My favorite teams are the 'Noles (born in Tallahassee) and the Razorbacks. :)

Good to have you here.

pwsmission
04-13-2011, 09:48 PM
Hello eveyone, Im' new here from Korea. I'm Gu Jun Bum.

psusnoop
04-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Too funny because for some reason I never noticed this thread. Too funny.

Jeremy here, 34 married with 2 kids, 5yr old boy and 3yr old girl. Most of you already know me but for those that don't there you go.

I'm on these boards pretty much everyday, can't really think of a time when I don't check them. Currently playing a lot of NHL 11, Tiger Woods 12, and NCAA 11. Once the family is asleep it is game on, literally.

Welcome everyone, and please post your thoughts at all times. Easy forum and no one is out to make you look silly, TRUST ME I POST SO REALLY SILLY THINGS. I like to type before I think.

ram29jackson
04-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Hello eveyone, Im' new here from Korea. I'm Gu Jun Bum.

new from Korea and you like football ?

Jayrah
04-16-2011, 05:01 AM

Whats up!?!?!?! Blue in the buildin'!

steelerfan
04-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Too funny because for some reason I never noticed this thread. Too funny.

Jeremy here, 34 married with 2 kids, 5yr old boy and 3yr old girl. Most of you already know me but for those that don't there you go.

I'm on these boards pretty much everyday, can't really think of a time when I don't check them. Currently playing a lot of NHL 11, Tiger Woods 12, and NCAA 11. Once the family is asleep it is game on, literally.

Welcome everyone, and please post your thoughts at all times. Easy forum and no one is out to make you look silly, TRUST ME I POST SO REALLY SILLY THINGS. I like to type before I think.

Welcome!!

You have 1,859 posts. Perfect time for an introduction. :D

psusnoop
04-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Haha, nothing like waiting till the right time

SmoothPancakes
04-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Haha, nothing like waiting till the right time

Should have waited until your 2,000th post to do it. Would have been perfect timing.

psusnoop
04-16-2011, 04:07 PM
I didn't think about that, that would have been classic.

hawkeyeguy
05-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Hello

Just purchased an Xbox 360 here 2 months ago and can safely say I'm addicted to NCAA 2011 (hoping that 2012 is just as good, if not better) I'm noticing some familiar names here (wondering if I've posted with a few of you on a few different websites) Looking forward to being apart of what appears to be a pretty darn good community.

JBHuskers
05-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Hello

Just purchased an Xbox 360 here 2 months ago and can safely say I'm addicted to NCAA 2011 (hoping that 2012 is just as good, if not better) I'm noticing some familiar names here (wondering if I've posted with a few of you on a few different websites) Looking forward to being apart of what appears to be a pretty darn good community.

Welcome aboard (even though we won't be having any Thanksgiving dinners together :D)!

SmoothPancakes
05-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Hello

Welcome hawkeyeguy! Always glad to see more 360 guys around here. :)

hawkeyeguy
05-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Welcome aboard (even though we won't be having any Thanksgiving dinners together :D)!

You wouldn't happen to have posted on NCAA Utopia would you? I'm noticing quite a few familiar names to my days when I was there.

JBHuskers
05-12-2011, 03:49 PM
You wouldn't happen to have posted on NCAA Utopia would you? I'm noticing quite a few familiar names to my days when I was there.

Used to.

Yeah CDJ, Gschwendt, and myself started this baby up almost exactly a year ago (May 7th, 2010)

hawkeyeguy
05-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Used to.

Yeah CDJ, Gschwendt, and myself started this baby up almost exactly a year ago (May 7th, 2010)

I'll be darned, CDJ sounds familiar for some reason...........not sure why. I knew your nickname was familiar as well as gschwendt's, so why did you guys leave Utopia?

JBHuskers
05-12-2011, 03:53 PM
I'll be darned, CDJ sounds familiar for some reason...........not sure why. I knew your nickname was familiar as well as gschwendt's, so why did you guys leave Utopia?

That's a long story, for another day :D

hawkeyeguy
05-12-2011, 03:55 PM
That's a long story, for another day :D

Hmmmm, now you have me interested. Drop me a PM I'd love to hear what went down. Let's just say I was shown the exit many moons ago even though I was a donator.

JBHuskers
05-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Hmmmm, now you have me interested. Drop me a PM I'd love to hear what went down. Let's just say I was shown the exit many moons ago even though I was a donator.

I have a feeling I know who you are now :nod:

hawkeyeguy
05-12-2011, 03:57 PM
I have a feeling I know who you are now :nod:

Figured my team affiliation would let the cat out of the bag quite easily.

JBHuskers
05-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Figured my team affiliation would let the cat out of the bag quite easily.

Well you're not the only Iowa affiliaton on the site LOL

hawkeyeguy
05-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Well you're not the only Iowa affiliaton on the site LOL

Well good deal, than I know it's going to be a solid site to be apart of. :-)

JBHuskers
05-12-2011, 04:01 PM

:D good to have you aboard...it'll make Thanksgiving more interesting that's for sure ;)

hawkeyeguy
05-12-2011, 04:01 PM
:D good to have you aboard...it'll make Thanksgiving more interesting that's for sure ;)

Very true (remember I'm holding you to that story though)

JBHuskers
05-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Very true (remember I'm holding you to that story though)

Of what? "good to have you aboard"? :D

hawkeyeguy
05-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Of what? "good to have you aboard"? :D

:rolleyes:

SmoothPancakes
05-12-2011, 04:13 PM

Just a fair warning, there is a rather large contingent of Nebraska and Penn State fans. It can get a little overwhelming now and then. :P

steelerfan
05-12-2011, 04:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTC3FK_HHIo

hawkeyeguy
05-12-2011, 04:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTC3FK_HHIo

I have no idea what this means but thanks?

Just a fair warning, there is a rather large contingent of Nebraska and Penn State fans. It can get a little overwhelming now and then. :P

The best thing about Nebraska and Penn State is both fan bases are very passionate about their teams, the worst part is that that passion brings out the douchebags and thankfully I have a great douchebag meter and can tell who I can and cannot have a good conversation with rather quickly.

steelerfan
05-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Welcome to the site, hawkeye. :nod:

gschwendt
05-12-2011, 04:23 PM
The best thing about Nebraska and Penn State is both fan bases are very passionate about their teams, the worst part is that that passion brings out the douchebags and thankfully I have a great douchebag meter and can tell who I can and cannot have a good conversation with rather quickly.
Not to worry... everyone here seems to get along with each other fairly well and if they don't, they decide to turn it into a sitcom and/or TV talk show.

JBHuskers
05-12-2011, 04:25 PM

Not to worry... everyone here seems to get along with each other fairly well and if they don't, they decide to turn it into a sitcom and/or TV talk show.

Yeah see this thread's last four pages :D

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2133-The-Nothing-Thread-(aka-Did-I-miss-Jeff-s-5000th-post-)/page9

JBHuskers
05-12-2011, 04:31 PM

We'll keep your previous identity a secret, even though it may be obvious to some :D

oweb26
05-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Ha ha we should start a Utopia defect thread or something.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

psuexv
05-12-2011, 07:23 PM
they decide to turn it into a sitcom and/or TV talk show.

:D :D :D

cdj
05-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Welcome to the site, hawkeyeguy!

psusnoop
05-12-2011, 08:03 PM
Welcome hawkeyeguy!

hawkeyeguy
05-13-2011, 08:08 AM
We'll keep your previous identity a secret, even though it may be obvious to some :D

I'm guessing a few that were regular posters over "there" probably have it figured out already.

Cody
05-29-2011, 07:39 AM
Hey guys Cody here, was known as codyjohnpaul on OS until I got banned. I am a co runner of SIMULATION GENERATION and have been looking for a good forum to call home. I already know a couple of the guys here Rudy,Potatoes,Boucher right now.Joined in January but plan on posting now. Looking forward to talking to you guys.

My twitter is @WardPound43

JBHuskers
05-29-2011, 06:28 PM
Welcome!

Boucher
05-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Thegamingtailgate

where all the good posters on OS call home

Cody
05-29-2011, 07:16 PM
I see some guys from VSN here as well.

BigWY
06-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Finally joined this site after being a lurker for the past year. I found the site when looking for NCAA 11 rosters last year and used those created by a member here - steelersfan? Keep up the good work here, fellas. I hope to contribute in the future.

steelerfan
06-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Finally joined this site after being a lurker for the past year. I found the site when looking for NCAA 11 rosters last year and used those created by a member here - steelersfan? Keep up the good work here, fellas. I hope to contribute in the future.

Good to have you on board, buddy.

Welcome to TGT!

Sinister
06-28-2011, 09:02 PM
what's good Cody its hova from os

JBHuskers
06-28-2011, 09:19 PM

Welcome BigWY!

Boucher
07-03-2011, 04:14 PM
i remember u hova57

sub9er
07-07-2011, 08:31 PM
I’m Sooner born, Sooner bred and when I die, I’m Sooner dead.

steelerfan
07-08-2011, 12:40 AM
I'm drunk and when I die, I'll still be drunk.

:sf:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

gschwendt
07-08-2011, 12:43 AM
I'm drunk and when I die, I'll still be drunk.

:sf:
Welcome?

HuskerBlitz
07-08-2011, 01:11 AM
That should really be a pickle instead of a banana.

JBHuskers
07-08-2011, 08:13 AM
That should really be a pickle instead of a banana.

We had a vote for the official drunk Steelerfan emoticon, that won out :D

Hope things get better for you man!

psusnoop
07-08-2011, 08:26 AM
I’m Sooner born, Sooner bred and when I die, I’m Sooner dead.

Welcome to the site!

jusblaze09
07-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Well, now that I created an account on here, I can introduce myself

Some of you may know me from OS (just add a t after the s to my username), but I doubt many of you do due to me staying out of the game forums because of the craziness in there. I've been lurking forever but now is a good time to join up to a great community.

JBHuskers
07-11-2011, 02:19 PM

Some of you may know me from OS (just add a t after the s to my username), but I doubt many of you do due to me staying out of the game forums because of the craziness in there. I've been lurking forever but now is a good time to join up to a great community.

Thanks for the good words man....welcome!

steelerfan
07-11-2011, 03:02 PM

Good to have you. Welcome!

bdoughty
07-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Hi,

I forgot to say hello. I used to go by the name (bdoughty) at OS. If I banned you at some point I do not apologize for it, you were probably being an enormous twat.

Kept hearing about this place and NCAA Football is my passion so this was a perfect fit.

:))

JBHuskers
07-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Hi,

I forgot to say hello. I used to go by the name (bdoughty) at OS. If I banned you at some point I do not apologize for it, you were probably being an enormous twat.

Kept hearing about this place and NCAA Football is my passion so this was a perfect fit.

:D :D :D I have survived that ban hammer....now I have one of my own ;)

Welcome!

texacotea
07-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Hi,

Welcome aboard good sir

SmoothPancakes
07-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Hi,

I like you already. :D Welcome to the site!

Gophers fan
07-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Hi Guys. first time here. I just got NCAA 2012 for PS3 today and about to play it. will be posting from time to time. This place look great so far from browsering around.

JBHuskers
07-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Hi Guys. first time here. I just got NCAA 2012 for PS3 today and about to play it. will be posting from time to time. This place look great so far from browsering around.

Welcome to have you aboard man...looking forward to talking B1G this season.

Maucky
07-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Hey all new to the site I am 34 years old and have been playing football games since tecmo bowl on reg nintendo. I am glad I found this site it is awesome hope to get a roster for xbox 360. Thank you again for creating such an awesome site.

JBHuskers
07-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Hey all new to the site I am 34 years old and have been playing football games since tecmo bowl on reg nintendo. I am glad I found this site it is awesome hope to get a roster for xbox 360. Thank you again for creating such an awesome site.

Welcome to the site man!

GoBlueFan11
07-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Hey Guys and gals! I'm Brad from Toledo, OH and I am a HUGE Michigan fan. I have purchased every year of the NCAA and Madden series since I have been 18 (14 years) for PS2 and PS3. Thanks for having this site available for gamers like me!

OLDTYMER2DAY
07-14-2011, 06:55 PM
Wsup fellow gamers my name is OLDTYMER2DAY i live in NC i'm married to greatest woman on the planet and we have 2 beautiful daughters,and love video football games and your site caught my eye so i thought i would join

JBHuskers
07-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Hey Guys and gals! I'm Brad from Toledo, OH and I am a HUGE Michigan fan. I have purchased every year of the NCAA and Madden series since I have been 18 (14 years) for PS2 and PS3. Thanks for having this site available for gamers like me!

Wsup fellow gamers my name is OLDTYMER2DAY i live in NC i'm married to greatest woman on the planet and we have 2 beautiful daughters,and love video football games and your site caught my eye so i thought i would join

Welcome fellas!

texacotea
07-14-2011, 09:46 PM

Welcome, enjoy your stay........did she write that for you? :)

Buckeyes551
07-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Hello all, I'm Jack from Virginia and I'm a huge football fan be it college or the NFL. I'm a diehard Buckeyes and Packers fan and love playing NCAA Football and have been buying it since 07 and Madden since 05. This site looks awesome and I love downloading the roster updates so thanks for everything already! Hoping to be active on here and talk football with everyone.

Gregoriffic
07-16-2011, 10:45 PM
What's up everyone!

My name is Gregory aka Gregoriffic, I live in Temecula, CA. I'm 39, married with 2 kids 12 and 7. I've been playing college football since the Sega Bill Walsh days. I mainly buy sports games NCAA Football, Madden, NBA 2k and Tiger Woods. I'm a lifelong fan of the USC Trojans, San Francisco 49ers and LA Lakers.

Basmare
07-17-2011, 08:09 AM
Hello people!

I'm Bas, username Basmare, from the Netherlands (or Holland whatever you wish) and I'm 18. I'm one of the small number of people who play the American sports games here in the Netherlands and I import the NCAA Football games and buy the Madden games almost every year, but decided it was time to take it a step further by joining this forum. I'm mostly a neutral football fan, so I play with any team, but I pick Clemson as favorite team in the NCAA series. Looking forward to play my first online dynasty with others (if they accept me with the minimal 6 hour time difference) and meeting people who share my interest - NCAA Football.

steelerfan
07-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Welcome to all of you new guys! Glass to have you at TGT!

SmoothPancakes
07-17-2011, 10:42 AM

Have you been drinking again :sf:? :fp:

cdj
07-17-2011, 11:03 AM
Welcome to all our new members!

JBHuskers
07-17-2011, 12:42 PM

Again? You mean still? :sf:

steelerfan
07-17-2011, 12:46 PM

Ha! Not yet.

Just a Swype fail.

SmoothPancakes
07-17-2011, 12:53 PM
Again? You mean still? :sf:

My mistake. :D

Basmare
07-17-2011, 01:07 PM
:P - Appreciate the warm welcome!

joshhovater
07-19-2011, 04:09 PM
I am from Alabama. Roll Tide! I can't wait to try out these rosters.

BSmoothTSK
07-19-2011, 04:47 PM
My name is Billy Powers Jr, I'm 19, my hometown is located just outside of Charlotte. I'm a big Carolina Panthers fan. I been playing sports games since 1999 when the Playstation came out. I been a Panthers fan since 2003 and my favorite player is Jonathan Stewart. My favorite NCAA Football team is UNC. My friends call me B-Smooth.

SmoothPancakes
07-19-2011, 05:23 PM
My name is Billy Powers Jr, I'm 19, my hometown is located just outside of Charlotte. I'm a big Carolina Panthers fan. I been playing sports games since 1999 when the Playstation came out. I been a Panthers fan since 2003 and my favorite player is Jonathan Stewart. My favorite NCAA Football team is UNC. My friends call me B-Smooth.

Well my friends call me Smooth Pancakes. So ha! :P

ram29jackson
07-20-2011, 06:47 PM
..ok, you can both start a rap/band/group now :D

plotty
07-21-2011, 05:39 AM
My name is also Matt...but hail from Bellevue, NE. Most of you should know me for one thing: Trinity Bible.

JBHuskers
07-21-2011, 08:22 AM
My name is also Matt...but hail from Bellevue, NE. Most of you should know me for one thing: Trinity Bible.

Welcome....this name sounds familiar :nod:

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2011, 09:40 AM

Welcome....this name sounds familiar :nod:

Damn right it does JB. I would recognize the name Plotty anywhere. :nod:

JBHuskers
07-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Damn right it does JB. I would recognize the name Plotty anywhere. :nod:

Another guy to talk fantasy baseball, since it's basically a one man conversation :D well psuexv does interject every once in a week.