PDA

View Full Version : Poll Logic

Dr Death
08-09-2011, 03:03 AM
I am in year 4 of my :Idaho: dynasty as OC and this year we have beaten :LSU: when they were # 1 in the country. We beat :Stanford: when they were # 19. We beat :Washington: when they were # 23, we beat :Oregon: when they were # 1 and we beat :Alabama: in their own stadium, 34-17, when they were # 4. The only one of those games I played at home was :LSU:

So... at 9-1 and # 3 in the country, w/ only :Georgia_Tech: and :Oklahoma: ahead of me, and Tech still having 3 very tough games to play, I figure there's a great chance at landing as the # 2 team and playing :Oklahoma: for the BCS National Title Game.

Only I had a bye in week 11 and I drop to # 4. Who jumps ahead of me to go to # 3??? F'ing :Alabama: who are 7-2 and LOST TO ME BY 17 POINTS!!!

How in the fuck does this happen??? I went on a rampage at the press conference. The kind of rampage that makes Mike Gundy and Denny Green look like young school girls. I said words that made John McEnroe blush.

I still have time... but if I get fucked out of a National Championship Game because Alafuckingbama gets the nod even though I beat them and am 5-0 against top 23 ranked teams, whilst Alafuckingbama is 1-1... I will blow a gasket!

Be forewarned EA Headquarters... I will head down to Tiburon studios in my Rambo gear and wreak serious damage to all involved in this travesty!!!

FUCK!!!

Basmare
08-09-2011, 03:27 AM
Then I think you should see this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM0QUcGGdoQ

Anyways - I'm pretty shocked. But what kills you then in the BCS system - the coaches poll, the media poll or what?

Dr Death
08-09-2011, 03:47 AM
Dude that is one priceless video! You helped me laugh and vent at the same time! :D To answer your question I dropped from 3, 3, and 3 to 4, 4 and 4 in all polls. The BCS is all I care about since it determines the NCG... but how they could drop me on a bye week to a team that has one more loss than me {7-2} vs {9-1} and a team I beat is beyond me.

I am currently taking out my frustration on :Utah:. It's 31-10 at half and I am going for as many points as I can get because I have another bye week following this game. Lesson learned... plan Bye Weeks early in the year!

Basmare
08-09-2011, 03:56 AM
Dude that is one priceless video! You helped me laugh and vent at the same time! :D To answer your question I dropped from 3, 3, and 3 to 4, 4 and 4 in all polls. The BCS is all I care about since it determines the NCG... but how they could drop me on a bye week to a team that has one more loss than me {7-2} vs {9-1} and a team I beat is beyond me.

I am currently taking out my frustration on :Utah:. It's 31-10 at half and I am going for as many points as I can get because I have another bye week following this game. Lesson learned... plan Bye Weeks early in the year!

Utah better watch out - SMU is running wild! I'm taking your advice with the bye weeks. Absolutely unbelievable that the game doesn't recognize your win over Bama. You have an advantage in every thinkable category execpt for division I guess.
I understand that division is important, but Non-Conference schedule should be as important.....

Dr Death
08-09-2011, 05:05 AM
What you need to know is I moved :Idaho: to the PAC-16. I made it a Super Conference and so I play :Stanford:, :Oregon:, :Oregon_State:, :Washington:, :Washington_State:, :Colorado:, :Utah:, :Cal: and :Boise_State: as well as :LSU:, :Alabama:, and :SMU: for Out Of Conference games. My schedule was A+. I am 5-0 vs. Top 25 teams, :Alabama: is 2-2. I am 2-0 vs. # 1 teams and 1-0 vs. # 4... which was :Alabama:.

So 3-0 vs Top 5 teams... :fp:

Edit: I have decided that if I ever get my dream job at :SMU: I am moving them, :Texas_A&M: and :TCU: and :Oklahoma: to the SEC and taking out :Kentucky: and :Vanderbilt:, making it a 14 team Super Conference and will seek revenge on :Alabama: every single year! :D

Basmare
08-09-2011, 05:15 AM
Whaha - as long as you are having fun!!!! :)

JerzeyReign
08-09-2011, 08:48 AM
Maybe the Varsity difficulty has something to do with it ;)

Dr Death
08-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Maybe the Varsity difficulty has something to do with it ;)

Where did you come up w/ that? I'm on AA. And it happened. I beat :TCU: for the second year in a row for the PAC-16 Championship and am now 12-1 and will be playing in the Rose Bowl whilst :Alabama: is 11-2... lost to me by 17... and will be playing for the BCS National Championship. :fp:

Record vs Top 25 teams: Me = 6-0 :Alabama: = 4-2

Somebody explain this...

morsdraconis
08-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Increase the sliders. Change the difficulty to Heisman. Stop using nothing but 5WR sets.

souljahbill
08-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Increase the sliders. Change the difficulty to Heisman. Stop using nothing but 5WR sets.

I don't think the playcalling or difficulty are the issues here.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JerzeyReign
08-09-2011, 02:08 PM
I was joking. Honestly, I stopped reading after the knocking off multiple #1 seeds. Next year I'm going to PayPal you and Idaho Dub a $1 a piece to put towards NCAA '13 so I can have financial rights to tell you how to play your game :). Did 'Bama get in?

morsdraconis
08-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Oh yes, I misunderstood the intent of the thread. That is definitely a problem.

JBHuskers
08-09-2011, 02:14 PM
I think Mors was thinking Pole Logic, not Poll Logic.

http://duckduckdana.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/pole.jpg

morsdraconis
08-09-2011, 02:48 PM
:nod:

steelerfan
08-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Oh yes, I misunderstood the intent of the thread. That is definitely a problem.

Well played. :nod:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

psuexv
08-09-2011, 06:22 PM

If so what's a 5 wide set? :)

BigDmo
08-09-2011, 08:50 PM
I heard it has something to do with conference prestige. Given the fact that EA recreates the SEC circle jerk quite well in the game, it is no surprise that you would get snubbed in favor of a God-chosen SEC school. Just gonna have to chalk it up to realism and try harder not to lose next year.

Dr Death
08-10-2011, 12:25 AM
I heard it has something to do with conference prestige. Given the fact that EA recreates the SEC circle jerk quite well in the game, it is no surprise that you would get snubbed in favor of a God-chosen SEC school. Just gonna have to chalk it up to realism and try harder not to lose next year.

It's still crap. 6-0 vs Top 25 teams and beat Bama who had 2 losses to my one. Fortunately for me, after 4 years at :Idaho: I was offered a 3 year deal as OC at :SMU: and took it. Then I moved :Kentucky: and :Vanderbilt: out of the SEC and moved :SMU: - :Texas_A&M: - :TCU: [a rival for me] and :Oklahoma: into the SEC. So it's now a 14 team conference and :Alabama: is in the opposite division than me... so hopefully we'll meet in the SEC Championship Game. I have some work to do w/ :SMU:, but I'll get them there.

Did 'Bama get in?

Yes. And :Oklahoma: crushed them, 38-7. :D :D :D

jaymo76
08-10-2011, 04:26 PM

Is that press coverage???

Dr Death
08-10-2011, 04:51 PM

You call yourself a football fan and you can't tell the difference between press coverage and a Tight End??? :D :D :D

JBHuskers
08-10-2011, 05:22 PM

Spread Offense.

morsdraconis
08-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Spread Offense.

:nod: